Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
but regauardless why should the tax payers keep them with secert service no one is going to waste there time trying to knock off a former president come on Carter left office in 81 Bush in 92 Clinton in 01 and W in 09 no terrorist will think or even try to knock one off them off only the sitting president is in any real danger the money wasted on the former presidents would be better spent elsewhere.

Why would anyone want to "waste their time" trying to topple two twin towers filled with civilians? For the exact same reason -- it's a symbolic strike against America and, if successful, would instantly make WORLD news and give immediate credibility and notoriety to any terrorist organization that successfully pulled off such a thing.

And, Jen, just as an FYI -- the Secret Service deals with constant threats to ex-Presidents on a DAILY basis...in fact, often to their immediate family members TOO, who potentially could be even easier targets...which is why they are also kept under watch and given protection for life. I mean, come on, let's be honest here. Regardless of whether it was a Republican or Democrat in office, the sheer act of BEING President of the United States... and of holding the most powerful office in the world... is literally THE most exclusive club that any person could ever be in.

Quote:
And how does Obama spending more money elsewhere make spend the 1.5 billion guarding former presidents ok? The GOP keep yelling for the president to trim the bufget well here a 1.5 billion dollar trim
Unfortunately, once you've sat in the Oval Office, you will also be a potential target for the rest of your life -- hence the reason that BOTH sides of the political aisle in Congress has ALWAYS approved the budget and provided constant security to not only the current sitting President, but former ones as well...with absolutely no questions asked. In short: this is simply one of those things that is NOT open for debate regarding the budgetary costs, and this is simply one of those very rare things where Congress (both sides of the aisle) will NEVER look to trim costs, out of sheer respect for whoever held that office.
Old 12-28-2009
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure this pie chart is faulty, but you get an idea that the Secret Service payroll is peanuts compared to the bigger issues.
Count on Obama capturing Bin Laden about Oct 27, 2010.
Count on Obama secretly changing the way we do our Military Spending.
Don't count on Obama fixing the National Debt til like 2015.

I think Sean Hannity and Anne Coulter are like 1900 Europeans who looked to their leaders to be "Father Figures" and not "Civil Servants" I read about this in a Hermann Hesse book, set in a small German town, and the townsfolk had a Mayor they all trusted and obeyed like a Father, and in many cases I think a system like this is good. Clint Eastwood said being the Mayor of Carmel was the biggest headache of his life because the people really thought they had a role in running the town.

Anne Coulter's Dad was a Union-busting Commie Hunter, and was rumoured to be a real asshole. I think that explains alot about Daddy's little girl.
Attached Thumbnails
taxesgowhere.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
Why would anyone want to "waste their time" trying to topple two twin towers filled with civilians? For the exact same reason -- it's a symbolic strike against America and, if successful, would instantly make WORLD news and give immediate credibility and notoriety to any terrorist organization that successfully pulled off such a thing.

And, Jen, just as an FYI -- the Secret Service deals with constant threats to ex-Presidents on a DAILY basis...in fact, often to their immediate family members TOO, who potentially could be even easier targets...which is why they are also kept under watch and given protection for life. I mean, come on, let's be honest here. Regardless of whether it was a Republican or Democrat in office, the sheer act of BEING President of the United States... and of holding the most powerful office in the world... is literally THE most exclusive club that any person could ever be in.

Unfortunately, once you've sat in the Oval Office, you will also be a potential target for the rest of your life -- hence the reason that BOTH sides of the political aisle in Congress has ALWAYS approved the budget and provided constant security to not only the current sitting President, but former ones as well...with absolutely no questions asked. In short: this is simply one of those things that is NOT open for debate regarding the budgetary costs, and this is simply one of those very rare things where Congress (both sides of the aisle) will NEVER look to trim costs, out of sheer respect for whoever held that office.
Because they want to attack the USA and make a point while doing it and Bin-Laddin never took a shoot at W when he was in office so why would he now? his new targets are still the USA and the current me in the office he can now careless about W.

And i wasn't saying to protect only certian former presidents i included all of them i wasn't playing favorites but i did say i can see an exception made for Clinton as Hillary is the current sec of state, And when has anyone ever tried to knock off a former president? Yeah they proably get hate mail and threats but so do Judges cops mayors governors and nothing ever comes out of it
Old 12-28-2009
Banned

My Sister worked for the State Department, she knew alot of Secret Service guys at one time, and yes, even though she was dumb as she could be, she earned $100,000/year, just by keeping her mouth shut and playing the game. The government bloated and corrupt???? Oh no!!! The Washington DC area is said to be recession proof just because of the Government jobs here. You really think the lawmakers are going to screw themselves over? Government is about the Law of the Jungle as much as the Law of the People.
Old 12-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Is that 1'5 billion the total for all the former presidents or is that 1.5 for each?
Total

Quote:
but regauardless why should the tax payers keep them with secert service no one is going to waste there time trying to knock off a former president come on Carter left office in 81 Bush in 92 Clinton in 01 and W in 09 no terrorist will think or even try to knock one off them off only the sitting president is in any real danger the money wasted on the former presidents would be better spent elsewhere.
Saddam tried to kill Bush Sr. after he left office. In theory, any enemies a president makes while in office is in the course of defending the constitution and acting in the best interests of the USA (I mean, can you imagine a president doing something that most Americans oppose? Crazy I know). It's only right that tax payers return the favor by protecting the president, current or not, from those enemies.

Quote:
And how does Obama spending more money else where make spend the 1.5 billion guarding former presidents ok?The GOP keep yelling for the president to trim the bufget well here a 1.5 billion dollar trim
Because the point is trimming the budget. It's silly to worry about a $1.5 billion expense when over $2 trillion was just thrown away. The problem is the mindset that blew that $2 trillion is still in Washington on the verge of blowing another several trillion on healthcare reform.

What your suggesting is like using a teaspoon to bail out water shooting up from a baseball-sized hole in the bottom of a boat.
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts
Default BO's handling of airplane bomber

Janet Napolitano is another idiot that BO put into office. She's the head of Homeland Security. When talking about the failed bombing of the plane bound for Detroit on Christmas, it is her basic position that the "system worked" because the bureaucrats responded properly after the attack. That the attack was "foiled" by a bad detonator and some civilian passengers is proof, she claims, that her agency is doing everything right.

I wonder what color the skies are on her world? The terrorist's father warned the US state department 6 months ago about his son. Yet still he makes it on to the flight with explosives. In what possible fantasy does her claim even remotely make sense?

Monday she admitted the system failed. Uh, yeah... No shit Sherlock. She needs to be fired. Perhaps this will be a wake up call to BO.

Perhaps he should spend more time and effort helping the CIA stop terrorists abroad than pursuing investigations into CIA personnel who have kept us safe since 9/11.

Perhaps he should stop spending so much time and effort to remove terrorists from Gitmo and to arranging their trial in New York and their imprisonment in Illinois and spend much more time arranging for more terrorists to spend more time in Gitmo's secure confines.

Perhaps he should spend less time in Copenhagen seeking Olympic games and global warming fame and more time at home demanding more vigilance from his incompetent Homeland Security staff.

Perhaps he should spend more time encouraging and consulting with our allies like Great Britain and Israel than pleading with our enemies in Iran and North Korea for breakthroughs that will not come.

But hey, I'm just a ladyboy lover. What do I know?
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Janet Napolitano is another idiot that BO put into office. She's the head of Homeland Security. When talking about the failed bombing of the plane bound for Detroit on Christmas, it is her basic position that the “system worked” because the bureaucrats responded properly after the attack. That the attack was “foiled” by a bad detonator and some civilian passengers is proof, she claims, that her agency is doing everything right.

I wonder what color the skies are on her world? The terrorist's father warned the US state department 6 months ago about his son. Yet still he makes it on to the flight with explosives. In what possible fantasy does her claim even remotely make sense?

Monday she admitted the system failed. Uh, yeah... No shit Sherlock. She needs to be fired. Perhaps this will be a wake up call to BO.

Perhaps he should spend more time and effort helping the CIA stop terrorists abroad than pursuing investigations into CIA personnel who have kept us safe since 9/11.

Perhaps he should stop spending so much time and effort to remove terrorists from Gitmo and to arranging their trial in New York and their imprisonment in Illinois and spend much more time arranging for more terrorists to spend more time in Gitmo's secure confines.

Perhaps he should spend less time in Copenhagen seeking Olympic games and global warming fame and more time at home demanding more vigilance from his incompetent Homeland Security staff.

Perhaps he should spend more time encouraging and consulting with our allies like Great Britain and Israel than pleading with our enemies in Iran and North Korea for breakthroughs that will not come.

Agreed, heads should roll. What about the idiots that gave him a visa?
Why didn't the warning from his father have any effect.
Also, apparently the attack was planned by guys released from Gitmo.
The radical Islamists seem to be making every effort to make this a religious war.
Scheduling the attack for Christmas day!
I would like to keep a moderate view toward Muslims but things like this make my blood boil.
Old 12-29-2009
Banned

Default Psychology 101

19 guys armed with boxcutters- We killed about 100,000 Iraqi civilians.
Lets call it even and figure out what to do with Iran. Before Israel does.
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Janet Napolitano is another idiot that BO put into office. She's the head of Homeland Security. When talking about the failed bombing of the plane bound for Detroit on Christmas, it is her basic position that the "system worked" because the bureaucrats responded properly after the attack. That the attack was "foiled" by a bad detonator and some civilian passengers is proof, she claims, that her agency is doing everything right.

But you failed to mention both bozos were releashed in 07 under your belove W so this is another fine mess created by W and left for others to clean up

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnaseum View Post
Yeah, those Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11 and we wonder why Arabs hate us. Also, Israel (with our support) drives the Arabs insane with their arrogant continued expansion of settlements on Palestinian territory. Yet our leaders seem unable to face up to the reasons Arabs hate us and do something about it other than bomb the hell out of them.

Also, the Arab Shias and Sunnis hate each other why not let them fight each other, maybe then they would let us alone.

Last edited by randolph; 12-29-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Yeah, those Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11 and we wonder why Arabs hate us. Also, Israel (with our support) drives the Arabs insane with their arrogant continued expansion of settlements on Palestinian territory. Yet our leaders seem unable to face up to the reasons Arabs hate us and do something about it other than bomb the hell out of them.

Also, the Arab Shias and Sunnis hate each other why not let them fight each other, maybe then they would let us alone.
Go back and read Tracy's comment about how Saddam wanted to get former president George H Bush and then you see why W wanted the war in Iraq so badly and why our troops worked harded to capture Saddam then they did going after Bin-Laddin the course and master mind behind 9/11

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, here's something I didn't miss, The thread that won't die.

Oh, and the only thing you can compare Ann Coulter to is an escapee from a secure mental hospital...
Old 12-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

from Krugman

" December 29, 2009, 9:31 am
Part D, revisited

Associated Press did a good report on the trouble Republicans have been having as they try to explain why, if they consider the fully-funded, deficit-reducing Democratic health care reform unaffordable, they voted for the completely unfunded Medicare drug benefit 6 years ago. None of their explanations make a bit of sense.

But the AP dropped the ball, I think, by not pointing out just how irresponsible the bill really was. According to the Medicare trustees, Part D created a $9.4 trillion unfunded liability over the next 75 years. That's a big number, even for an economy as big as ours.

What were they thinking? Mostly, they probably weren't thinking at all. To the extent that there was a theory of the case, however, it went something like this: pass whatever legislation was needed to win the next election, then, once total conservative political dominance has been achieved, dismantle the whole welfare state.

The best laid plans ..."

Rovers plans didn't quite work out. There's little doubt that's what they wanted to do. That's probably why now they are so hysterical about any progressive social legislation.
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Not to mention thousands of Al Qaeda & Taliban in Afghanistan. At what point does Al Qaeda realize they fucked up?
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
But you failed to mention both bozos were releashed in 07 under your belove W so this is another fine mess created by W and left for others to clean up

Jerseygirl Jen
Which bozos do you speak of?
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Also, Israel (with our support) drives the Arabs insane with their arrogant continued expansion of settlements on Palestinian territory.
I'm not an expert on the history of Israel, the Arabs and the Palestinians, but didn't Israel expand into Arab territory after the 6-day war when Arabs decided Israel needed to go? And wasn't it the ancestors of the Palestinians, the Phoenicians, that first occupied Israelite territory?

Quote:
Yet our leaders seem unable to face up to the reasons Arabs hate us and do something about it other than bomb the hell out of them.
Enlighten me, why do they hate us?
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Go back and read Tracy's comment about how Saddam wanted to get former president George H Bush and then you see why W wanted the war in Iraq so badly and why our troops worked harded to capture Saddam then they did going after Bin-Laddin the course and master mind behind 9/11

Jerseygirl Jen
Jen, Saddam wasn't firing at our planes that patrolled the no-fly zone over Iraq was he? Saddam wasn't actively trying to block UN inspectors was he? Saddam wasn't diverting funds from the UN for food to weapons was he? These all violated conditions of the cease fire of Gulf War I. So to say that W attacked Iraq ONLY because of the assassination attempt of his father is a bit short sighted.

And Saddam had to be caught. Not because of anything to do with 9/11, but because of his violations of UN resolution 687, and acts of biological warfare. Yes we allowed Iraq to import bacteria cultures which they used for weapons. Even more reason why it's our responsibility to put an end to Saddam.
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Yemen's foreign minister says hundreds of Al Qaeda militants are planning terror attacks from Yemen.

In other news, 34 of the Yemen nationals in Guantanamo Bay are set to be released back to Yemen.
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'm not an expert on the history of Israel, the Arabs and the Palestinians, but didn't Israel expand into Arab territory after the 6-day war when Arabs decided Israel needed to go? And wasn't it the ancestors of the Palestinians, the Phoenicians, that first occupied Israelite territory?

Enlighten me, why do they hate us?
Well Tracy, I am not a historian but my understanding of Israel is that Arabs and Jews lived there for centuries before WWII in relative harmony. After the war the Zionists wanted there own country (fed up with predjudice) and they wanted their homeland Israel. Britan controlled Israel and did not want a Jewish state. They knew it would cause trouble. With US encouragement the British pulled out and the Zionists took over and pushed out the Palestinians and created a Jewish dominated state. Source one of US hatred.

Source two, Iran created a socialist state that thumbed their nose at the US and heaven forbid, developed relations with Russia. We found that intolerable, created a coup and installed the Shaw as a "monarch". The Iranians finally got fed up and installed a radical Islamic state which further fostered hatred of the US to strengthen their power.

Source three, years ago we cut a deal with Ibn Saud, leader of a tribe in Saudi Arabia to set him and his family up as permanent leaders of Arabia in exchange for their oil (Aramco). Arab religious leaders deeply resent the control of Arabia by the US and teach Arab male youths to hate the US (Whabinism an extreme form of Islam).

Source four, British imperialism thoroughly fucked up the Middle East by arbitrarily dividing it up into militarily controllable states that did not consider tribal and ethnic differences in the area. Consequently, there has been constant turmoil there and we inherited it from the British.

Source five, our firm support of Israel at the expense of the rights and concerns of Arabic peoples in the region.

The list goes on and on.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited by randolph; 12-30-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to The Conquistador
Default Israelis vs. arabs

THE MID EAST
by Howard S. Katz
10-12-09

There are very few weeks that go by in this day and age without some news item about the turmoil in the Mid-East between Israelis and Arabs. In part this is due to the fact that the media have made a decision to feature and over-dramatize this area of the world. There are similar incidents of low-level violence (short of outright war) in many areas of the world. The Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka, for example, have been waging a full scale war for over 30 years (until this past May), and it was almost never mentioned.

For another part, the troubles in the Mid-East are a perfect example of the philosophy of peace and the manner in which it leads to almost continual violence. And finally they are a very good example of the way in which the media today will report almost any event via a succession of lies. That is, first one lie is told. In the world of the "respectable" media this lie then becomes sacrosanct, and anyone who questions it is met with a campaign of vilification and hate. Then the lie becomes a basic "fact" in the narrow world of media figures, and soon another lie is laid on top of it, and then another lie and another lie, etc. I can deal with what I call this onion of lies (because they lay over each other like the layers of an onion) in the field of economics by simply making predictions of the future. Since my view of reality (in economics) is correct, I am able to make correct predictions about the future, and this past week's explosion in the price of gold and fall in the U.S. dollar (which is making my subscribers very happy) is one example. Events, however, are more confusing and difficult to predict in the field of human relations. Things are not as black and white, and often both sides of an issue will claim, after the fact, that their predictions have proven correct.

Be that as it may, I would like to explore the Arab-Israeli conflict and try to untangle the onion of lies which the media has created.

The first, and most important, point is that there are no Palestinians. And indeed, it is only via a severe twisting of history can there be said to have ever been a Palestine. If you read the Bible (Catholic, Protestant or Jewish), it provides us with our earliest history of that region, and the name by which it is known is not Palestine. It is Canaan. After the Israelite invasion circa 1250 B.C. the land is known as Israel or Samaria (in the north) and Judah or Judea (in the south) These names are used until the defeat of the Jews in their second revolt against Rome in 135 A.D. At that time, the Jewish population is forcibly removed from Judea and scattered through the Roman Empire. The Romans rename the territory Palestine, meaning land of the Philistines. The Philistines, as you know, are the people of Delilah and Goliath who fought the Israelites at the time of King David. They were Greeks, not Arabs, and had disappeared long before 135 A.D. (By the way, the Philistines are a very interesting people and not at all the bad guys we read about in the Bible. They were also known as the Sea People and were the first people known in history to use iron weapons, i.e., to enter the Iron Age. They fought their way down the coast of Asia Minor and attacked Egypt while Moses and the Israelites were wandering their 40 years in the wilderness. Egypt was the super power of the day, but the Philistines came within a hair's breath of defeating them, after which they settled down on the western coast of Canaan. The poor Canaanites were then caught between the Philistines (the coastal people) attacking from the west and the Israelites (the mountain people) attacking from the east, all leading up to the famous battles which are described in the Bible.

So the name "Palestine" was a fraud made up by the Romans, and it was never very much accepted by the (few) people who lived in the territory. For example, if you study the Crusades, you find the country being referred to as The Holy Land, not as "Palestine." When the Crusaders were driven out, by Saladin (1138-1193 A.D.), and the land reconquored for Islam, it was resettled But since Saladin was a Kurd and hated Arabs, he did not use any Arabs in the resettlement of The Holy Land. (And in fact the entire mid-East was Christian from the 4th century A.D. until the Muslim conquest. These people were conquered by the Arabs and converted to Islam, but they are not ethnically Arab. An Arab is a person who comes from Arabia. To call such people Arab today simply refers to the fact that they speak Arabic and has nothing to do with their ethnicity.)

The Turks conquered the land in 1517 A.D. and returned to the name Palestine. However, they were better at conquering than governing. The residents were driven off the land and the population reduced to a very low level. Karen Armstrong reports:

"Peasants began to leave their villages to escape from rapacious pashas....In 1660 the French traveler L. d'Arrieux noted that the countryside around Bethlehem was almost completely deserted, the peasants having fled the pashas of Jerusalem." [Karen Armstrong, Jerusalem, One City, Three Faiths, (New York, Alfred A. Knopf, 1996), p. 342.]

This set up the situation which led to the modern Zionist movement. An 1840 census recorded the population of Jerusalem as 10,750. [Karen Armstrong, p. 352.] The modern city is about ¾ million. I have seen an estimate for the total Arab population of the Turkish province of Palestine in the mid-to-late 19th century as 65,000.

Mark Twain visited The Holy Land in 1867. He reported:

"We never saw a human being on the whole route [meaning the section from the Sea of Galilee to Mount Tabor]....There was hardly a tree or a shrub anywhere....Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes...Jerusalem itself [whose population Twain put at 14,000] is become a pauper village." [Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad, (New York, Grosset & Dunlap, 1911), pp. 371, 397, 438, 439.]

In short, the basic assumption reported by the modern media when dealing with any Arab-Israeli issues - that there was a viable nation of ethnic Arabs who lived in a place called Palestine for a long period of time prior to the Zionist movement - is another lie.

In the late 19th century, Theodore Hertzl began a movement to urge European Jews to return to Zion. Zion was the mountain in Jerusalem on which the ancient Temple had been built, and Hertzl used the term to refer to the entire territory of Judah/Israel. This movement to return to Zion was called Zionism. It began slowly in 1880 when the country was still under Turkish rule. However, the Turks were defeated by the British, who took control in 1918.

One problem that most modern writers on the Mid-East have to face logically but try to bury is, since there were so few Arabs in the country in 1880, how come there are so many today? Where did they come from?

The answer is that;, when the British took over, they had greater respect for people's freedom. They allowed more Jewish immigration into the country. Many of these Jews then hired foreign (Arab) labor (at higher than prevailing wages for the Mid-East). Arabs flocked into "Palestine" to get these high-paying jobs, and these were the people who began to object when the Jews created the state of Israel in 1948. Basically they were transient labor with no real ties to the land. One of the real injustices of the situation (never mentioned by the media) was the refusal of the surrounding Arab countries to take back their own citizens after 1948 when they indicated a desire to return home. These were the people who later wound up in camps supported by the U.N. (which means by your tax money). The media blamed their plight on the Israelis and used it to stir up hate.
[QUOTE=God(from Futurama)]Right and wrong are just words; what matters is what you do... If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 12-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to behold
Default Israelis vs. arabs pt. 2

According to John Locke's labor theory of value property can only be owned by adding one's labor to a piece of land. No state, as such, owns land (with a few exceptions such as land purchased via its citizens tax money). Certainly no state owns the entire territory in which its citizens live. Land ownership is an individual, not a collective, concept. The only power that a given state has is if the people of a territory voluntarily choose it as their government. This gives it the right to govern (not to own) that territory.

The Jews of "Palestine" of 1948, being very much influenced by the British tradition declared the State of Israel along the lines set out by John Locke. It was very similar to what the 13 colonies did in 1776. This is the moral basis of the claim to legitimacy of the state of Israel. In general, any human being has the right to travel to any point on the surface of the earth (his right of liberty), and if a group of people chose to travel to the same spot, they have the right to form a government.

The Arabs, on the other hand, had an archaic, ethnic concept of government. One belonged to a government by virtue of one's ethnic group, and this was not a matter of choice. This was why the young state of Israel was attacked, not by any entity which could be called Palestinian by any stretch of the imagination, but by 6 Arab countries which had no conflict with Israel other than the fact that it existed.

This is the biggest of all the lies which are continually told about the Arab-Israel conflict. Israel has been attacked by people who consider themselves to be one entity, the Arab nation. They feel themselves offended not because they were attacked, not because they have been economically disadvantaged, not because they have any kind of practical conflict., but because people who are different from them want to live next to them. For example, Barack Obama recently made a comment about the "occupied territories" in the Mid-East. implying (but not saying explicitly) that Israel had committed aggression and conquered Arab territory. The facts are that in the process of their aggression against Israel, Jordon and Egypt conquered the West Bank and Gaza Strip respectively, and they were then thrown back from these territories. And the Israeli "occupation" of the West Bank and Gaza is simply a result of their victory in a defensive war.

Having been defeated in their war of nation-states the Arab countries have resorted to subterfuge. They are pandering to the western media by pretending to be engaged in a war of national liberation. As noted, the war between the Arab peoples and the state of Israel broke out in 1948. Some 16 years later, after several defeats, the Arabs got the idea that they were Palestinians and had always lived in the country called Palestine. (1964 was the year of the formation of the PLO.) The Encyclopaedia Britannica tells us:

"the idea that Palestinians form a distinct people is relatively recent. The Arabs living in Palestine had never had a separate state. Until the establishment of Israel, the term Palestinian was used by Jews and foreigners to describe the inhabitants of Palestine, but it was rarely used by the Arabs themselves; mostly they saw themselves as part of the larger Arab or Muslim community." [Encyclopaedia Britannica, 15th Edition, Vol. 25, p. 421.]

And, of course, this is what has been going on since 1948, a war between the Israelis and the Arab community. In this sense, it is like 99% of the wars that go on in the world. There are two groups of people. They live next to each other. They don't like each other. So the stronger attacks the weaker. The Arabs thought that they were stronger because they have an enormous advantage in population, but they were whipped badly. Now they are whining, pretending to be victims and trying to get the major powers of the world to come into the conflict, destroy the state of Israel and give them a victory they cannot earn on their own. This is why a central Arab precondition for "peace" is that Israel cease to exist. Who would agree to such a condition and how sincere is such a desire for peace?

But on a deeper level the reason for the conflict is the left-wing media of the world. These are composed of people with a philosophy of love and peace, as per Jesus of Nazareth. As I have explained in previous blogs, such people talk loudly of peace, but there is an enormous amount of hate in their hearts. Always being careful not to put themselves at risk of physical violence, they work tirelessly behind the scenes to stir up hate and violence.

The first experience I had with this alliance between a love/peace faction and a hate/violence faction was at Harvard in the 1950s. The professors kept agitating to stir up violence among American union workers. "We are your friends. We are peaceniks and cannot engage in violence ourselves, but your cause is just, and we are on your side." The union workers, mostly average (or below average) guys fell for it hook, line and sinker. The peacenik professors were able to enjoy the vicarious violence but did not have to get their hair mussed or their faces bruised by angry workers whose jobs they were stealing. One sees this alliance between what seem on the surface to be two very opposite types of people. The professors' technique was to look for a group of people dumb enough to believe pretty much anything they were told and then to weave their web of lies and finally declare, "We are on your side." They then sit back, out of the range of whizzing bullets and swinging fists, and get the violence they want. It is a lot of fun.

You will find such people in various odd places where they can champion the cause of the "Palestinians" (and incite them with hatred) without themselves actually being at risk of violence. If the Angel of Death could walk through the Mid-East and strike down such people, then, lo and behold, the Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza would suddenly be able to live in peace with their neighbors in Israel. (Remember that the two groups first came into contact because the latter offered attractive jobs to the former.

Dwight Eisenhower was a fairly decent person, but after the 1956 war he forced the Israelis to give up their conquest of the Sinai Peninsula. This was later formalized as the land-for-peace idea. However, when Eisenhower defeated Germany in 1945, there was no talk of American withdrawal. Germany was severely punished for her aggression. She gave up her thoughts of becoming the master race and concentrated on economic development. On the other hand, the Arabs were repeatedly rewarded for their aggressions. This is why there is no war in Central Europe, but war continues in the Middle East.

A portion of the blame lies with the Israelis. "Peace" became a greeting (substituting for "hello" and "goodbye" in the Hebrew language of the mid 20th century although it is not such in biblical Hebrew). Whenever, there is any kind of crisis or conflict in the region, all of the newspapers start to scream "peace." And so the war has continued for over 50 years.

The way to bring real peace in the Mid-East is for the world media to recognize the truth that every nation has the right to fight in its own self defense In the words of Patrick Henry, "Gentlemen may cry 'peace, peace' but there is no peace." That has been the case in the Mid-East since 1948, and that is why the war started in that year continues to this day.
[QUOTE=God(from Futurama)]Right and wrong are just words; what matters is what you do... If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 12-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well Tracy, I am not a historian but my understanding of Israel is that Arabs and Jews lived there for centuries before WWII in relative harmony. After the war the Zionists wanted there own country (fed up with predjudice) and they wanted their homeland Israel. Britan controlled Israel and did not want a Jewish state. They knew it would cause trouble. With US encouragement the British pulled out and the Zionists took over and pushed out the Palestinians and created a Jewish dominated state. Source one of US hatred.
This is absurd. Yes Americans supported Zionism, but what claim do the Arabs have to this land? Especially after reading what Angry Postman posted. Granted, his posting seems to be politically slanted, but the claims in the article seem to have the facts on their side.

Quote:
Source two, Iran created a socialist state that thumbed their nose at the US and heaven forbid, developed relations with Russia. We found that intolerable, created a coup and installed the Shaw as a "monarch". The Iranians finally got fed up and installed a radical Islamic state which further fostered hatred of the US to strengthen their power.
I can see them getting perturbed at this.

Quote:
Source three, years ago we cut a deal with Ibn Saud, leader of a tribe in Saudi Arabia to set him and his family up as permanent leaders of Arabia in exchange for their oil (Aramco). Arab religious leaders deeply resent the control of Arabia by the US and teach Arab male youths to hate the US (Whabinism an extreme form of Islam).
Yes we negotiated an oil deal with the leadership in Saudi Arabia. You can say 'cut a deal' like it was some shady back-room deal but there's nothing really unusual about how that was done. And they may have been a "tribe" of Saudi Arabia, but apparently a tribe with significant political power otherwise the deal would have fallen through. Either way, any tribe has the right to accumulate enough power to become the ruling government. How many times in the history of the world has a 'tribe' risen to power?

This is just like the african americans. They blame us and only us for slavery. Sure we had our part of the blame, but so did Britain, and certainly their own people back in Africa who gathered them up to sell to us. You'll NEVER see them being blamed though. So if the people of Saudi Arabia have a gripe, they should take it up with the royal family there first.

Quote:
Source four, British imperialism thoroughly fucked up the Middle East by arbitrarily dividing it up into militarily controllable states that did not consider tribal and ethnic differences in the area. Consequently, there has been constant turmoil there and we inherited it from the British.
No, the British divided up Arabia into countries all on their own, without out our help.

Quote:
Source five, our firm support of Israel at the expense of the rights and concerns of Arabic peoples in the region.
Probably because the Arabs have been acting like a bunch of barbarians, so we rightly come down on the side of the more civil Jews. I mean, honestly, what's up with 6 Arab countries attacking Israel? I think it's funny as shit that they got their asses handed to them in 6 days As a consequence they lost territory. That's how wars work.

The Arabs used to be very intelligent people. But civilizations have their ups and downs. I think now they are in Dark Ages like the western civilization once was. There isn't much scientific advancement there now, or works of art or literature. And religion has lobotomized the population.

I am amazed that Israel hasn't erased Hezbolah after they break cease fire after cease fire. Why should the Israelis tolerate rockets falling on their cities and suicide bombers? I say give Hezbolah what it hungers for. Treat them like barbaric klingons who wish to die in battle and oblige them.

And if that doesn't solve it, maybe it's time to irradiate the entire region so that it becomes uninhabitable for the next 50,000 years until the whole dispute is forgotten. The world is tired of their temper tantrums.

But anyway... Happy New Year to you, Postman and Jen too!!
Old 01-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tracy
Quote:
No, the British divided up Arabia into countries all on their own, without out our help.
True enough, but we eagerly took over the Middle East imperialism from Briton. Its the oil you know. Now we are the ones to deal with the situation. We could save a lot of American lives if we cut back on oil consumption and let the Arabs kill each other off. The Arabs potentially hate each other more than us, if we would just leave them alone.

Driving 60mph instead of 80mph can save 20% on gas consumption. The price would go down and the Arabs can go to hell.

Bumper stickers
"Enrich the Arabs drive 80mph"
"Its Ok to drive 60mph"
"Relax 60 mph is OK"
"Fuck the Arabs stay home"
Old 01-04-2010
Banned

I knew the Iraqi war was doomed when I found out Halliburton was charging our own Military forces $5.00/gallon for gas. We could has driven to Iran and gotten it for 25 cents a gallon.

There is no Security. Only Opportunity. -McArthur
Attached Thumbnails
0 security.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hey randolph! I like the last bumper sticker!
Old 01-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
True enough, but we eagerly took over the Middle East imperialism from Briton. Its the oil you know. Now we are the ones to deal with the situation. We could save a lot of American lives if we cut back on oil consumption and let the Arabs kill each other off. The Arabs potentially hate each other more than us, if we would just leave them alone.
I agree. It would be great if we could get out of there and let them implode. But if they're pissed at us for engaging in business with their leaders they need to take it up with their leadership first.

Quote:
Driving 60mph instead of 80mph can save 20% on gas consumption. The price would go down and the Arabs can go to hell.
I doubt it would save that much on gas consumption. I was driving 90-100mph for long stretches in New Mexico and increased my gas mileage by about 25% over my usual stop/start driving habit in town. If you want to increase gas mileage get rid of all those unnecessary stop signs & stop lights.

Quote:
Bumper stickers
"Enrich the Arabs drive 80mph"
"Its Ok to drive 60mph"
"Relax 60 mph is OK"
Ok, now we really have some areas of disagreement! 60 mph? That's crazy. I can't drive 55, and 60 isn't much better.
Attached Thumbnails
mustang.jpg  

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 01-06-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Good bye and good riddance to Chris Dodd (D-CT), Byron Dorgan (D-ND), Gov Bill Ritter (D-CO). Don't let the door hit your butts on the way out.
Old 01-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I agree. It would be great if we could get out of there and let them implode. But if they're pissed at us for engaging in business with their leaders they need to take it up with their leadership first.

I doubt it would save that much on gas consumption. I was driving 90-100mph for long stretches in New Mexico and increased my gas mileage by about 25% over my usual stop/start driving habit in town. If you want to increase gas mileage get rid of all those unnecessary stop signs & stop lights.

Ok, now we really have some areas of disagreement! 60 mph? That's crazy. I can't drive 55, and 60 isn't much better.
Drag racing from stop lights is hard on gas mileage, I know from experience!

Oh! So you want to eliminate stop signs and lights and drive 90mph through town. The problem with that would be all the funeral processions clogging the streets!

Hey, I like your Mustang, I had one of the first ones back in 1964. The engine was crap but it got a lot of attention.

By the way, I just bought an electric bike. I love it. It goes up hills great and cruises at 20mph without pedaling!
Ill pull over if I see you coming.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Why is Al Asiri, the so called Underwear bomber who tried to bring down a plane on xmas being given a civilian trial? He is not a US citizen. And the indictment mentions nothing about terrorism or even Al Qaeda even though it's known Al Asiri was with Al Qaeda. Why?

The administration's response to this attempted bombing has been abysmal. First they allow a person who is actually on a terror watch list onto a plane, then we get lucky and subdue him, and Napalitano says the system works. What did National Counterterrorism Center Director Michael Leiter do when he heard of the news? Resumed his ski trip.

We are now told Americans will feel "a certain shock" when a report is released today detailing the intelligence failures that could have prevented the alleged Christmas Day airline bomber from ever boarding the plane. This should be interesting. So BO has 2 strikes before he's been in office even a year. The Ft Hood terrorist attack, and the attempted xmas jet bombing. Al Qaeda is certainly sensing weakness and are circling, testing their prey, and probing for weaknesses.

Then there was the CIA attack in Afghanistan on December 30th. Well BO has them investigating climate change now. Yes I'm serious. Instead of letting them do what they've done so well during most of Bush's terms, they're now investigating climate change.

The question the BO administration wants to know: If you ignore terrorists, will they go away?

The question I want to know: Why isn't Al Asiri being tried as an enemy combatant rather than as an American citizen, which he clearly is not?
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Blame?

Hey, come on Tracy, blaming Obama for these security screw ups is ridiculous. We have had these problems in the last few administrations. It is the bureaucracy that is the problem. I have been to Washington and seen the incompetence and self centered administrators wallowing in politics. We spend billions on the CIA and they get conned by a Jordanian the same way Bush/CIA got conned by an Iraqi. What we need is a lean and mean security division that has its act together. Since Obama is releasing the report to the public, it sounds like he means business to get these jerks shaped up.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

jdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jdawg

I agree with Randolph, this is a Washington problem not an Obama problem. Agencies don't talk to each which creates problems with intelligence. It sounds like we had a lot of good info on the dude and he still got onto a plane with a failed attempt at murder.

I'm kinda worried about the Yemen situation. This place is hot, but do we open up yet another front? I'd suggest not, but anyhing is possible.

Randolph was also pretty spot on with the reasons why they hate us. I believe Al Qaeda put out a document or something stating reasons why they attacked. I wish I could remember the book or website I read it from as its stuff everybody should read.

I disagree with the comment Tracy made about how Al Qaeda should realize they made a mistake with 9/11. If anyhing they are pleased with the results. They got a weakened United States which had to be a goal.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
I agree with Randolph, this is a Washington problem not an Obama problem. Agencies don't talk to each which creates problems with intelligence. It sounds like we had a lot of good info on the dude and he still got onto a plane with a failed attempt at murder.

I'm kinda worried about the Yemen situation. This place is hot, but do we open up yet another front? I'd suggest not, but anyhing is possible.

Randolph was also pretty spot on with the reasons why they hate us. I believe Al Qaeda put out a document or something stating reasons why they attacked. I wish I could remember the book or website I read it from as its stuff everybody should read.

I disagree with the comment Tracy made about how Al Qaeda should realize they made a mistake with 9/11. If anyhing they are pleased with the results. They got a weakened United States which had to be a goal.
Yes, Bin Laden's stated goal is to weaken the US from the inside by draining its resources. He has an unlimited supply of suicide bombers that are far cheaper than drones, soldiers and vast amounts of military equipment.
Old 01-07-2010
Banned

Quote:
The question I want to know: Why isn't Al Asiri being tried as an enemy combatant rather than as an American citizen, which he clearly is not?
Because the crime occured by an individual on American Soil.

What I want to know is if every criminal is given a lawyer, wht isn't every ill person given a doctor?
Old 01-07-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, come on Tracy, blaming Obama for these security screw ups is ridiculous. We have had these problems in the last few administrations. It is the bureaucracy that is the problem. I have been to Washington and seen the incompetence and self centered administrators wallowing in politics. We spend billions on the CIA and they get conned by a Jordanian the same way Bush/CIA got conned by an Iraqi. What we need is a lean and mean security division that has its act together. Since Obama is releasing the report to the public, it sounds like he means business to get these jerks shaped up.
So Obama is not to blame for current security screwups, but Bush is to blame for previous security screwups? Do I have this right, randolph? After all that is what you just posted in the quote.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Nice car, I hate to say it but lools like we agree on something else
Jerseygirl Jen

Last edited by transjen; 05-29-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
So Obama is not to blame for current security screwups, but Bush is to blame for previous security screwups? Do I have this right, randolph? After all that is what you just posted in the quote.
OK, I guess I was not clear. Bush/Cheney "wanted" to believe Iraqi informers in order to justify invading Iraq. Also, Cheney was intimately involved with the Iraqi shenanigans. Also, Bush/Cheney avoided getting serious about Bin Laden because having him alive justified their continued "anti terrorist program" in Afghanistan. Certainly, as head of state, Obama is ultimately responsible for what goes on in his administration. I just think the two situations are very different. I think Obama is serious about getting Bin Laden and resolving the Afghanistan mess he inherited from Bush/Cheney. I don't think any president since FDR has the challenges Obama has. How to clean up the Middle East mess, the financial mess, the Palestine mess, the Iran problem, the N. Korea problem, the unemployment problem. All of these issues were escaberated by the Bush/Cheney administration.
As a new president I wish him well, for all of us sake. He needs all the help he can get. He doesn't need any more screwups in his administrations anti-terrorist efforts, that's for sure.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Questions

I just read an article by Tom Burghart on www.globalresearch.ca
Titled; "Who Would Benefit Politically from a Terrorist Incident on American Soil? The Strange Case of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab"
I am not into conspiracy theories but his article is interesting. Politically, the Republicans benefited enormously from 9/11. He presents the question who would now benefit politically from a successful terrorist attack on the US? Humm, it certainty isn't President Obama and the Democrats.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I just read an article by Tom Burghart on www.globalresearch.ca
Titled; "Who Would Benefit Politically from a Terrorist Incident on American Soil? The Strange Case of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab"
I am not into conspiracy theories but his article is interesting. Politically, the Republicans benefited enormously from 9/11. He presents the question who would now benefit politically from a successful terrorist attack on the US? Humm, it certainty isn't President Obama and the Democrats.
"Who benefits politically" seems to imply some kind of sneaky underhanded thing. Why does it benefit republicans? For no other reason other than because they handled the problem. They didn't ignore the problem and they went on the offensive. The Bush administration also kept terrorism out of America from 9/11/01 on to the end of his terms. That's no small feat, as BO is finding out. He's already got the Fort Hood attack and the nearly successful xmas jet bombing under his belt.

BTW, why is Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, aka Underwear Bomber, not being tried as an enemy combatant? He's not a US citizen. In his indictment there's no mention of terrorism or Al Qaeda even though we know that he is a part of Al Qaeda and he was caught with a bomb in is pants on a jet.

BO today claimed full responsibility for the security failings. Great. Let the heads start rolling. National Counterterrorism Center director Michael Leiter was on a ski trip when the xmas bomber incident occurred. What did he do when he heard the news? Continued with his ski trip. Department of Homeland Security head Janet Napolitano says the system works. She's turning that department into a joke. But BO says he's not firing anyone.

Plus all the other stuff like inflating the deficit by over $2 trillion, pushing for national health care that no one but the far left wants.

I'm seeing fewer and fewer people on here defending him. Let's just call it like it is. Can we all agree that BO is a failure?

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 01-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01...y6068237.shtml

Quote:
An aggregate of 21 Gallup and USA Today/ Gallup polls from 2009 show that 40 percent of Americans call themselves conservative, while 36 percent identify as moderate and 21 percent identify as liberal. In 2008, by contrast, moderates matched conservatives at 37 percent while 22 percent called themselves liberal.
So let me get this straight. National Health care is a liberal plan. So why is a representative government such as ours going full speed ahead for this plan when only 21% of the country is liberal?

They know they're doing something terribly wrong because they're putting this bill together behind closed doors. Here is Obama lying to us 8 times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPMf6kW_1Nw

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 01-07-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01...y6068237.shtml

So let me get this straight. National Health care is a liberal plan. So why is a representative government such as ours going full speed ahead for this plan when only 21% of the country is liberal?

They know they're doing something terribly wrong because they're putting this bill together behind closed doors. Here is Obama lying to us 8 times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPMf6kW_1Nw

In the last election, a majority of the voters voted for universal health care, we are a "democracy" right? The democratic majority was charged with coming up with a plan the people want. Instead, they came up with a plan the drug and insurance companies want. So the voters are frustrated and pissed off with good reason. It looks like we actually have a plutocracy rather than a democracy, greed rules!
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

* The Wall Street Journal www.wsj.com

* OPINION: DECLARATIONS
* JANUARY 7, 2010, 6:33 P.M. ET

The Risk of Catastrophic Victory
Obama is in the midst of one. Can the GOP avert one of their own?

By PEGGY NOONAN

Quote:
Passage of the health-care bill will be, for the administration, a catastrophic victory. If it is voted through in time for the State of the Union Address, as President Obama hopes, half the chamber will rise to their feet and cheer. They will be cheering their own demise.

If health care does not pass, it will also be a disaster, but only for the administration, not the country. Critics will say, "You didn't even waste our time successfully."

What a blunder this thing has been, win or lose, what a miscalculation on the part of the president. The administration misjudged the mood and the moment. Mr. Obama ran, won, was sworn in and began his work under the spirit of 2008?expansive, part dreamy and part hubristic. But as soon as he was inaugurated ,the president ran into the spirit of 2009?more dug in, more anxious, more bottom-line?and didn't notice. At the exact moment the public was announcing it worried about jobs first and debt and deficits second, the administration decided to devote its first year to health care, which no one was talking about. The great recession changed everything, but not right away.
This is an excellent article, well worth reading the rest of it.
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

OK, here's an answer to Peggy Noonan.
January 8, 2010, 12:11 pm
One health care reform, indivisible

Jonathan Chait reads Peggy Noonan, so I don?t have toPaul Krugman)

Quote:
The public in 2009 would have been happy to see a simple bill that mandated insurance companies offer coverage without respect to previous medical conditions. The administration could have had that?and the victory of it?last winter.

Instead, they were greedy for glory.

Chait explains why this is nonsense. But let me explain at fuller length, because this is one of the great misunderstood keys to the whole health care debate.

Start with the proposition that we don?t want our fellow citizens denied coverage because of preexisting conditions ? which is a very popular position, so much so that even conservatives generally share it, or at least pretend to.

So why not just impose community rating ? no discrimination based on medical history?

Well, the answer, backed up by lots of real-world experience, is that this leads to an adverse-selection death spiral: healthy people choose to go uninsured until they get sick, leading to a poor risk pool, leading to high premiums, leading even more healthy people dropping out.

So you have to back community rating up with an individual mandate: people must be required to purchase insurance even if they don?t currently think they need it.

But what if they can?t afford insurance? Well, you have to have subsidies that cover part of premiums for lower-income Americans.

In short, you end up with the health care bill that?s about to get enacted. There?s hardly anything arbitrary about the structure: once the decision was made to rely on private insurers rather than a single-payer system ? and look, single-payer wasn?t going to happen ? it had to be more or less what we?re getting. It wasn?t about ideology, or greediness, it was about making the thing work.
It's complicated, isn't it?
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
In the last election, a majority of the voters voted for universal health care, we are a "democracy" right?
Wrong. We are a republic, not a democracy. Totally big difference there.

Main Entry: de?moc?ra?cy
Pronunciation: \di-ˈm?-krə-sē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural de?moc?ra?cies
Etymology: Middle French democratie, from Late Latin democratia, from Greek dēmokratia, from dēmos + -kratia -cracy
Date: 1576
1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government
3 capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy — C. M. Roberts>
4 : the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5 : the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

Democracy=majority rule

Main Entry: re?pub?lic
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈpə-blik\
Function: noun
Etymology: French r?publique, from Middle French republique, from Latin respublica, from res thing, wealth + publica, feminine of publicus public — more at real, public
Date: 1604
1 a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit <the French Fourth Republic>
2 : a body of persons freely engaged in a specified activity <the republic of letters>
3 : a constituent political and territorial unit of the former nations of Czechoslovakia, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, or Yugoslavia

Read the part in italics. "Governing according to law". Democracy is a system based on the wants of the collective. If enough people get pissed off or want something for some reason, it becomes law no matter how irrational it may be. This is why there is no mention of the word "democracy" anywhere in the US Constitution.

The word "republic" is mentioned because it denotes a system governed by a predetermined set of laws, in our case, The US Constitution. The Constitution is a construct and all the laws and powers of the government that is beholden to it must fit within the construct.

A government mandate of "universal healthcare" is inherently unconstitutional because it does not fall within what the powers of the government are entitled to do according to the United States Constitution.

Some will try to use this quote from the Preamble to justify "UH":
Quote:
Originally Posted by The United States Constitution"
promote the general Welfare,
and they will be wrong. Why you ask? Let's ask what some of the guys who WROTE the Constitution had to say about the "General Welfare" clause:

"They are not to do anything they please to provide for the general welfare.... [G]iving a distinct and independent power to do any act they please which may be good for the Union, would render all the preceding and subsequent enumerations of power completely useless. It would reduce the whole instrument to a single phrase, that of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and as they sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one...."
-- James Madison, letter to Edmund Pendleton, January 21, 1792

James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, elaborated upon this limitation in a letter to James Robertson:
"With respect to the two words "general welfare," I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators. If the words obtained so readily a place in the "Articles of Confederation," and received so little notice in their admission into the present Constitution, and retained for so long a time a silent place in both, the fairest explanation is, that the words, in the alternative of meaning nothing or meaning everything, had the former meaning taken for granted."

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."
--Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Albert Gallatin, 1817

Healthcare is an individual need and thus must be looked after by the individual himself, not by a government entity.
Old 01-08-2010
Banned

I remember during Iraq War II I would hear Tony Blair say something, and it would sound beautiful, then I would hear Bush II say the EXACT SAME THING and it would sound like horseshit!!! A reasonable person might say I was guilty of being unfairly prejudiced against Bush, until a reasonable person figured out Bush was full of shit!!! While he read his prepared speeches, written by highly paid academic speechwriters, truckloads of cash ran nightly from the pockets of hard working Americans straight to the vaults of the Military Industrial Complex. So while Bush and Cheney were definately HORRID leaders, they sure were smooth businessmen!!!
Bush and Obama are servants to the exact same Constitution. Word for Word. You can stand poised to pounce on everything Obama says if you want to, but in seven years, the fruits of his actions will be evident. The truckloads of cash will be running all night, but in the opposite direction. Back to the people who work for a living. Hey, Obama, show 'em what you can do! You Watch!!!

Last edited by shadows; 01-10-2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: edited out offensive word
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
In the last election, a majority of the voters voted for universal health care, we are a "democracy" right? The democratic majority was charged with coming up with a plan the people want. Instead, they came up with a plan the drug and insurance companies want. So the voters are frustrated and pissed off with good reason. It looks like we actually have a plutocracy rather than a democracy, greed rules!
As Postman says, we're a republic, not a democracy. At least we're supposed to be. Our democratic representatives, which constitute a majority, are failing at representing us.

In the 2008 election the people did not vote for health care. There was a big mindless push for "change" where no one (especially the media) was asking what kind of change BO was talking about. The election was going McCain's way, until the financial problems showed up, and BO made it work for him.

The people voted for what they thought would fix the economy, and for what they thought would create more jobs. The administration insults the American people by passing enormous spending bills that will do neither, and only dumps obscene amounts of money into their pet projects. Then they concentrate all their efforts on health care, which no one was clamoring for.
Old 01-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Bush and Obama are servants to the exact same Constitution. Word for Word.
Except you generally can't trust anything BO says. This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPMf6kW_1Nw
is only the most obvious.

Quote:
You can stand poised to pounce on everything Obama says if you want to, but in seven years, the fruits of his actions will be evident. The truckloads of cash will be running all night, but in the opposite direction. Back to the people who work for a living. Hey, Obama, show 'em what you can do! You Watch!!!
Niiiiice. But wait, he just printed over $2 trillion of money we don't have. Aren't we going to have to deal with that? Usually the feds have to raise interest rates to get that money back so they can destroy it. They haven't yet because they're trying to get the economy going, but make no mistake, they will have to. Those trucks of money will be going from people who work for a living to the US treasury and into the fire.

Last edited by shadows; 01-10-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: edited out offensive word in quote
Old 01-09-2010
Banned

No, YOU can't trust anything BO says, I can.
As for the money that we don't have, relax, because the reality is it's going to take years to recoup what Bush blew, no matter who's in charge, (even Sarah Palin). The damage has been DONE. Obama's never going to tell you that because the childlike American voters don't want to hear it. EVERYBODY is going to have to pay for Bush. Party's over. My savings are earning 1.2% interest!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

My goodness! When I signed up for this tranny porn site, I had no idea I would be getting lessons in civics. Yes, there is no question the country has strayed away from the concepts of the founding fathers. But keep in mind the country in 1790 was very different from today. Boston had 18,000 population, Philadelphia 28,000 and New York 33,000. By today's standards they would be considered small towns. The rest of the country consisted mainly of self sufficient farmers. Very few people had "jobs" as we now know it. The concerns of the designers of the Constitution were very real, they wanted a small central government. My how times have changed, we are no longer an agrarian country of self sufficient farmers, we are citified and most people have "jobs", that is, we are beholden to a corporate entities, which did not exist in their present form in 1790. By design, corporations are only beholden to their stockholders, they have no legal responsibilities to their workers or the public or the environment. Consequently, it has been necessary for the government to enact laws to protect the workers and the environment that were not anticipated by the founding fathers. For the most part, government protection of workers from exploitation by corporations has been moderately successful. Unfortunately corruption and greed continue to put the worker at a disadvantage in the struggle for a decent standard of living.
Old 01-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No, YOU can't trust anything BO says, I can.
Precampaign:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BO
The pharmaceutical industry wrote into the prescription drug plan that Medicare could not negotiate with drug companies. And you know what? The chairman of the committee, who pushed the law through, went to work for the pharmaceutical industry making $2 million a year. Imagine that.
Now, it turns out, the Obama White House has cut a backroom deal with Tauzin: Drugmakers would ante up $80 billion in savings in return for a promise that Medicare wouldn't be allowed to negotiate drug prices. Imagine that.

He pledged to close Guantanamo Bay within one year. Thankfully this probably won't be kept... due to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BO
When you walk into my administration, you will not be able to work on regulations or contracts directly related to your former employer for two years.
This was broken right at the beginning with the nomination of William Lynn as deputy defense secretary. 6 months earlier Lynn was a defense lobbyist for Raytheon Co., where he advocated for a range of military programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BO
When George Bush came into office, our debt -- national debt was around $5 trillion. It's now over $10 trillion. We've almost doubled it. ... But actually I'm cutting more than I'm spending so that it will be a net spending cut.
Huge lie. His first order of business was to increase the national debt another $2.7 trillion, and he's striving to go further. Plus the new programs he's spending money on are continuing programs that will continue to raise the debt each and every year.

I can't tell you how many times his call for openness has been squelched by himself.

And more... but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
As for the money that we don't have, relax, because the reality is it's going to take years to recoup what Bush blew
Bush with mixed congress: $11B deficit
Bush with republican congress: $339B deficit (republican bums thrown out)
Bush with democrat congress: $704B deficit (democratic bums granted a super majority)

Obama with democrat congress in one month: $2.7 Trillion deficit

Quote:
no matter who's in charge, (even Sarah Palin). The damage has been DONE. Obama's never going to tell you that because the childlike American voters don't want to hear it. EVERYBODY is going to have to pay for Bush. Party's over. My savings are earning 1.2% interest!!!!!!
Tell me what, specifically, Bush did that you're going to have to pay back? And keep BO's one month $2.7 trillion spending spree in mind as you do so, which was 2.5 times what Bush & congress overspent during his 8 years.

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 01-09-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2010
Banned

Hey, if people can argue and steal, amongst themselves, that's just about par for the last three thousand years. The U. S. owes it's world dominance primarily to the invention of the Atom Bomb, followed by a world class standard of living, and we're losing ground in both those areas.

Tracy Darling, fly over to Germany for a couple weeks (if you can afford it) The Seniors there get two free weeks in Health Spas. The minimum wage is like twenty bucks an hour or something. The bread and the beer put the US to shame! The cabs are Mercedes. When you get back to the US you'll see things with new eyes.

During WWII, we spent ONE THIRD of our gross national product on the development of the Atom Bomb. ONE THIRD! While at War! We should do the same thing again in the development of a car that runs on steam or corn or atoms. The only invention Wall St has come up with is a way to make a one dollar loaf of bread cost two dollars.

China is becoming more American than we are now. And with an extra billion people, that ain't good. No matter how you spin it.

What are we going to have to pay back from the Bush years? How about that trillion we still owe China so we wouldn't have to raise taxes! How about all the infrastructure that was completely ignored while Bush drove this economy into the tank! Who is going to save us, Rush Limbaugh? Haw haw haw. Fox news couldn't save itself without Homer Simpson.

Last edited by jimnaseum; 01-09-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread