Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 10-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Yes, every team has a moment like this in its history, but I'm still wondering, since it hasn't been mentioned:

Who among the Phillies fans here can admit that last night's win hinged largely on the god-awful call of home plate umpire Jeff Nelson on Halladay's bunt?!
Old 10-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Tongue in cheek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Yes, every team has a moment like this in its history, but I'm still wondering, since it hasn't been mentioned:

Who among the Phillies fans here can admit that last night's win hinged largely on the god-awful call of home plate umpire Jeff Nelson on Halladay's bunt?!
Er...
Click image to open a larger version of jdo0046l.jpg. Views: 4.
Old 10-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the Yankees tonight have scored their only run (thus far) on one of the worst calls I've seen by a home plate umpire in years. A Lewis pitched bounced in front of the plate, hit Nick Swisher's shin, and reversed direction away from catcher Bengie Molina. Swisher collapsed in pain until he realized that the umpire had called it a wild pitch, allowing A-Rod to score from third.

I almost agree with Jon Smoltz in the broadcast booth, who said that instant replay should be extended to run-scoring plays.

The Rangers responded, though, with 4 runs in their half of the inning. It's 5-1 now, heading into the 7th.

I love watching the Yankees squirm.
Old 10-22-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

The Texas Rangers are now going to the 2010 World Series! They defeated the Yankees 6-1. A-Roid struck out to end the game. It couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk.

What a good game!
Old 10-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Well so far i have one correct pick in the world series, rember before the end of the season i picked Phillies vs Rangers
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-23-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love watching the Yankees squirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
A-Roid struck out to end the game. It couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk.

Fortunately the missed Swisher HBP didn't affect the final result. It's great to see the Rangers beat those damn Yankees.

At the start of the season I wonder how many baseball fans picked Texas as their 2010 AL Champs?

Now for Roy Oswalt in Game 6. Has Manuel's odd midweek decision to use Oswalt from the bullpen taken too much out of him?
Old 10-23-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Lord.Steve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Lord.Steve

Although I'm not a Rangers fan.. I do like seeing the NYY lose
Old 10-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A-Roid struck out to end the game. It couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
It's great to see the Rangers beat those damn Yankees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Steve View Post
Although I'm not a Rangers fan.. I do like seeing the NYY lose
It warms my heart, sitting here in Boston, to log on this morning and read these heartfelt words of other baseball fans.
Old 10-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Well so far i have one correct pick in the world series, rember before the end of the season i picked Phillies vs Rangers
Philliefan Jen
I remember, Jen. I hope your record stays at 1-1, though.
Old 10-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
At the start of the season I wonder how many baseball fans picked Texas as their 2010 AL Champs?

Now for Roy Oswalt in Game 6. Has Manuel's odd midweek decision to use Oswalt from the bullpen taken too much out of him?
Actually, dauls, three of five Boston Globe baseball writers picked Texas to win the division. It's pretty odd for anyone to go so far as to predict post-season outcomes before the start of the season.

Manuel's "odd midweek decision to use Oswalt" is only one of several highly questionable calls by Manuel. For instance, why didn't he have Jimmy Rollins bunt the runner over from second to third, with no outs late in that game?

Of course, since I'm rooting for the Giants, I would like his streak of dumbness to continue.
Old 10-23-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Well, it's over. The Philly offense was garbage again and good ol' Howard struck out to end the game(that guy strikes out waaaaaay too much).

San Francisco won the game 3-2 and took the series 4-2 and will now host Texas in the 2010 World Series.

I am rooting for Texas to win it all.
Old 10-23-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it's over. The Philly offense was garbage again and good ol' Howard struck out to end the game(that guy strikes out waaaaaay too much).

San Francisco won the game 3-2 and took the series 4-2 and will now host Texas in the 2010 World Series.

I'm also going for Texas. The series has the potential to be quite exciting.
Old 10-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I'm also going for Texas. The series has the potential to be quite exciting.
It will be interesting to see if Texas can acclimate to the National League rule of no DH and whether or not it will hurt the offense that was so good against the Yankees.
Old 10-24-2010

Thumbs down Phillies 2-3 Giants

Quote:

But seriously, the best team won the series.

Where was the Phillies offense in the postseason?

Ryan Howard has always struck out too often, in 2007 he set a new single season record of 199 (played only 144 games).

It was obviously a feat he enjoyed so much because in 2008 he bagged another 199 strikeouts (162 games).

But in the same season his blushes were spared by Arizona's Mark Reynolds, who totaled 204 strikeouts.

Mark Reynolds has since made this record his own with 223 (in 155 games in 2009) and 211 (2010).

Ryan Howard's 13 strikeouts in the 2009 World Series is another all-time record.

Until checking, I always thought Ryan Howard was "Mr. Goes Down Swinging", he averages 192 strikouts per 162 games, but Mark Reynolds is on another planet and averages 221 per 162 games.

The Arizona Swing-'n'-Misses
The season Mark Reynolds helped Arizona D'backs set a new single season team strikout record of 1,529 - breaking the previous record of 1,399 by the 2001 Brewers. How the hell can the D'backs break the record by 130 strikeouts? Do they have a batting coach?
Old 10-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

It will be a good series. I'm rooting for the Giants. I usually root for any American League team other than the Yankees, but I have a soft spot for the Giants. They were my grandpa's team from their New York days, and I have some strong connections to the Bay Area.
Old 10-24-2010

Quote:
It will be a good series. I'm rooting for the Giants. I usually root for any American League team other than the Yankees, but I have a soft spot for the Giants. They were my grandpa's team from their New York days, and I have some strong connections to the Bay Area.
I can't side with either team, but a close series decided in Game 7 would be ideal.
Old 10-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Nick Cafardo, one of the outstanding baseball writers for The Boston Globe, writes this morning that baseball owners will be discussing adding teams to the playoffs -- something that would have to be negotiated with the players union -- as early as 2012.

According to Cafardo, the thinking is to add an additional wild card in each league, have them play one game or a 3-game series to determine which one advances, and then commence with the division, league, and World Series as they exist now.

There are implications for the regular season. The head of the players union, Michael Weiner, told the Globe a few months ago and just reiterated to Cafardo that "some of the players have said that either we could shorten the regular season because the regular season's too long, or we should shorten the regular season to accommodate an expanded post-season."

There are serious revenue issues for owners if the regular season is shortened, so that's probably a non-starter. So, the likely outcome is baseball well into November, if this idea is adopted.

Commissioner Bud Selig has long stated his pride in the fact that baseball has the fewest number of playoff teams, making it the toughest sport in which to make the post-season.

In my opinion, this is a terrible idea.
Old 10-27-2010
Dark Overlord

I disagree. I would like to see more teams in the post-season. Being in the AL East(the hardest division in baseball in my opinion), I would like the Jays to have more of a chance to make it to the post-season.

smc, what do you think of the following?

1. John Farrell as the new Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays.

2. The rumours of Manny Ramirez stating that the Blue Jays could be a good fit for him(due to the aforementioned signing of Farrell no doubt).
Old 10-28-2010

Quote:
I disagree. I would like to see more teams in the post-season. Being in the AL East(the hardest division in baseball in my opinion), I would like the Jays to have more of a chance to make it to the post-season.
shadows, I understand where you are coming from, but I agree with smc, four postseason teams per league is just fine. And I wonder how many old-school baseball fans still hate the wildcard?

And this year, for the first time in a while the four teams with the best records in both the AL and the NL qualified for the postseason - so all is good.

World Series Game 1: What happened to Cliff Lee?
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
shadows, I understand where you are coming from, but I agree with smc, four postseason teams per league is just fine. And I wonder how many old-school baseball fans still hate the wildcard?

And this year, for the first time in a while the four teams with the best records in both the AL and the NL qualified for the postseason - so all is good.

He took tips from the Yankee pitching staff.
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Edgar Renteria, former Boston Red Sox, just put the Giants on top with a massive home run to left field. 1-0.

I will respond to the many questions above, shortly.
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Edgar Renteria, former Boston Red Sox, just put the Giants on top with a massive home run to left field. 1-0.

I will respond to the many questions above, shortly.
I think that with the National League winning the All-Star game(first in a loooong time), and gaining home-field advantage due to that, has helped the Giants immesely. Their opponent loses the DH for the first two games, and the opposing pitcher is forcred to bat.

The series is far from over, but the Giants are looking very good at the moment.
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
My friend, you've let hockey cloud your brain. The solution is not to allow more teams in (hockey has way too many playoff berths!), but to realign the divisions to be more equitable. Forget the geographic divisions and harmonize them in some other way. Or, institute revenue-sharing so that every team has an equal monetary chance at building a playoff-worthy team.

Quote:
smc, what do you think of the following?

1. John Farrell as the new Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays.
I've been meaning to write about this. John Farrell leaving the Sox is a huge blow; he's an outstanding pitching coach. That said, I have no sense for how he will be as a manager. I know that he is considered to come from the Francona mold -- a player's manager, almost to a fault -- but I'm not sure he's got enough of the skill set to manage a big league club. He's never managed before. His coaching picks will be crucial. Yes, he was a player development chief for the Indians for five years, but ...

I'm one of those people, old-fashioned I guess, who still thinks that nothing prepares you for being a manager like being a big-league catcher.

Quote:
2. The rumours of Manny Ramirez stating that the Blue Jays could be a good fit for him(due to the aforementioned signing of Farrell no doubt).
I doubt Manny's thinking (does Manny actually think?) has anything to do with Farrell other than him not being completely unfamiliar. I know he likes to hit at the Rogers Centre.
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

I would be content with realignment of the Divisions. I am sick and tired of being in the same one as the Damned Yankees.

Oh! It looks like the Yankees re-signed Joe Girardi to a 3-year, $9 million contract. I have to at that signing, as he is not that good of a Manager to be honest. A freaking trained monkey could do the job there! I don't think next season is going to be one that the Yankees' fans will enjoy(which will make me VERY happy).
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

I hate the wild card as a concept. I certainly understand the math that makes it "necessary."

As for Cliff Lee ... I told one of my best friends (he lives in San Francisco, and grew up with his uncle taking him into the Giants locker room at Candlestick Park to meet Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Juan Marichal, et al.), just before the game that Lee was due for a less-than-dominating game. I said if it happened in Game 1, the Giants would have a huge advantage in the series because of momentum.

A mutual acquaintance was at his house to watch the game. My friend Alan told him what I said and he got on the phone. "Oh, yeah, wanna bet?" I agreed to a $100 bet that the Giants would knock Lee out by the 6th inning.

My $100 arrived via PayPal today!

Anyone need any crystal ball work done today?
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Anyone need any crystal ball work done today?
Sure! When am I going to get a girlfriend, Swami SMC?
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

There are two things in Baseball that needs to be done away with
1] the DH
2] the wildcard team in the play offs
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
1] the DH
Jerseygirl Jen
To be honest, I prefer the DH over watching a pitcher have an at-bat. True, there can be more strategy involved in a National League game, but I still prefer the DH.

I also don't mind the Wildcard. I do not think that they will be getting rid of it anytime soon(if ever).
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Sure! When am I going to get a girlfriend, Swami SMC?
Did that glove break up with you?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
1] the DH
Jerseygirl Jen
Jen, I agree: I hate the DH, too.

I also don't like the wildcard, but how do you think it could be replaced if there are three divisions to a league? What would your solution be?
Old 10-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Did that glove break up with you?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
That was mean! Now you'll have to give me half of your winnings.
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jen, I agree: I hate the DH, too.

I also don't like the wildcard, but how do you think it could be replaced if there are three divisions to a league? What would your solution be?
Easy make a fourth divison

Or perhaps elimit some teams and have two divisons in each league
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Easy make a fourth divison

Or perhaps elimit some teams and have two divisons in each league
Jerseygirl Jen
The problem with four divisions is that without an equitable structure based NOT on geography it would only ensure that yet another team that wouldn't ever make the playoffs under the old system gets in.

It's a definite conundrum.

As for eliminating some teams, other that the obvious -- Pittsburgh -- who would you eliminate?
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The problem with four divisions is that without an equitable structure based NOT on geography it would only ensure that yet another team that wouldn't ever make the playoffs under the old system gets in.

As for eliminating some teams, other that the obvious -- Pittsburgh -- who would you eliminate?
1]Rays
2]Marlins
3]Diamondbacks
4]Rockies
5]Braves
6]Astros
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-28-2010

Quote:

The weak postseason team problem already exists with the three division system - in recent years how many teams just scraping a .500 season have qualified for the postseason?
A few years ago San Diego won the NL West with an 82-80 record - you need a much better record than that to win the wildcard spot.
I like the wildcard, remember the wildcard Marlins beat the damn Yankees in 2003. And in 2004... (I'll let smc tell the story)

The choice is a tough one between two divisions (old-school), three divisions (works more naturally) or four divisions (potentially lets more weak teams into postseason).

Controversial, but how about two divisions and two wildcard teams?

Quote:
What is wrong with poor old Pittsburgh?
Apart from Philadelphia (Veterans Stadium) the Pittsburgh is the only other city where I've seen a baseball game - Pirates beat the Expos 6-1, at Three Rivers Stadium - meaning that the two stadia I've seen baseball in have both been demolished!!!

Eliminate: The Nationals - but that's part of the "bring back the Expos campaign".
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
What is wrong with poor old Pittsburgh?
Apart from Philadelphia (Veterans Stadium) the Pittsburgh is the only other city where I've seen a baseball game - Pirates beat the Expos 6-1, at Three Rivers Stadium - meaning that the two stadia I've seen baseball in have both been demolished!!!

Eliminate: The Nationals - but that's part of the "bring back the Expos campaign".
My mention of Pittsburgh was in passing, and should have been elaborated upon so that it would make sense. I don't actually advocate for dropping the Pirates from MLB, but it is a team that should be put into league receivership since it has an ownership group that shows absolutely no commitment to fielding a competitive team. Other than an incredibly beautiful, relatively new stadium (payed for largely by the taxpayers), there has been no real effort in some time to make Pittsburgh the baseball city it once was.
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
1]Rays
2]Marlins
3]Diamondbacks
4]Rockies
5]Braves
6]Astros
Jerseygirl Jen
Do tell, girl: what's the thinking behind each of these on your list?
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Giants slaughtered the Rangers tonight. More accurately, the Rangers bullpen put on one of the most embarrassingly awful displays I have ever seen in a professional baseball game, with four consecutive walks and more than a dozen pitches in a row called "ball"!
Old 10-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Do tell, girl: what's the thinking behind each of these on your list?
the first four were the latest expanson teams and were unneeded to start with and the two FL have poor attendance and i just can't stand the Braves and Texas already has the Rangers so drop the Astros

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-28-2010

Quote:
1]Rays
2]Marlins
3]Diamondbacks
4]Rockies
5]Braves
6]Astros
Jerseygirl Jen
Jen,

The Braves. Unfortunately that will never happen - but it's a nice idea.

The presenter on the old live baseball show in the UK (MLB on Five, 1997-2008) was a Braves fan and he used to gloat about winning the NL East every year (1995-2005) - I really enjoy seeing the Braves lose.
Old 10-28-2010

Quote:
The Giants slaughtered the Rangers tonight. More accurately, the Rangers bullpen put on one of the most embarrassingly awful displays I have ever seen in a professional baseball game, with four consecutive walks and more than a dozen pitches in a row called "ball"!
ESPN UK has moved live coverage of the World Series to one of their premium channels (that I cannot get) this season - so I listened to the game on the radio - better than nothing, but it's not the way I want to catch the Series next season.
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
the first four were the latest expanson teams and were unneeded to start with and the two FL have poor attendance and i just can't stand the Braves and Texas already has the Rangers so drop the Astros

Jerseygirl Jen
Well, that's certainly a mixed bag of reasons. I agree on the expansion teams and the Florida teams, although the Rays are starting to build a fan base.

If a state can only have one team (as you seem to argue for Texas), does that mean California has to lose four of its five teams: Anaheim, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, and San Francisco?

I can't stand the Yankees and a certain other team that I should probably leave unnamed. Does that mean they can be dropped from MLB?
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
ESPN UK has moved live coverage of the World Series to one of their premium channels (that I cannot get) this season - so I listened to the game on the radio - better than nothing, but it's not the way I want to catch the Series next season.
That's better than the cricket coverage we find on U.S. TV or radio!
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well, that's certainly a mixed bag of reasons. I agree on the expansion teams and the Florida teams, although the Rays are starting to build a fan base.

If a state can only have one team (as you seem to argue for Texas), does that mean California has to lose four of its five teams: Anaheim, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, and San Francisco?

I can't stand the Yankees and a certain other team that I should probably leave unnamed. Does that mean they can be dropped from MLB?
You asked which teams i'd like to see go and that's my top teams to dump i dout that MLB will do what one lone fan thinks
As for Tampa buliding a fan base they have fans as long as they are on top and pretty much only draw big when the Yankees and Red Sox come to play FL is a football ,nascar and WWE state
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You asked which teams i'd like to see go and that's my top teams to dump i dout that MLB will do what one lone fan thinks
As for Tampa buliding a fan base they have fans as long as they are on top and pretty much only draw big when the Yankees and Red Sox come to play FL is a football ,nascar and WWE state
Jerseygirl Jen
Oh, Jen, I was only teasing!

Of course, MLB is not looking to contract. It's only a matter of time before there's a team in Mexico, if the drug wars ever end. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team in Puerto Rico in my lifetime.
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Oh, Jen, I was only teasing!

Of course, MLB is not looking to contract. It's only a matter of time before there's a team in Mexico, if the drug wars ever end. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team in Puerto Rico in my lifetime.
That would make a lot of sense as Baseball is hugh there and look at all the great players from there so i can see it happing as far as Mexico i believe they have there own league so they may not allow a MLB team to enter the market
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-29-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
although the Rays are starting to build a fan base.
Are you sure about that? As far as I can tell, the attendance was horrible for the Rays this year, and this was a team that was fighting for 1st place in the AL East pretty much the entire season!
Old 10-29-2010

Quote:
That's better than the cricket coverage we find on U.S. TV or radio!
But surely there's more demand for baseball in the UK than there is for cricket in the USA.

After England's glorious Ashes summer of 2005, the only way to now watch live cricket on TV in the UK is by burdening yourself with an expensive contract with the devil Murdoch and his damn Sky Sports channels.
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Are you sure about that? As far as I can tell, the attendance was horrible for the Rays this year, and this was a team that was fighting for 1st place in the AL East pretty much the entire season!
Yes, as measured by growth in non-corporate-held season tickets. But don't get me wrong: it's pitiful the overall lack of support such a good team receives.
Old 10-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
But surely there's more demand for baseball in the UK than there is for cricket in the USA.
You thought I was being serious?! Get some sleep, my friend.

Most Americans would only know cricket if they heard one chirping outside their window.