Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 02-09-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
"Diehard" might be a little strong, but Montreal is my favorite team, and the team that I see play most regularly. I usually catch their games on Hockey Night in Canada.
Well, I'm glad to see another person who enjoys hockey here. There seem to be a lot of us.
Old 02-09-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
Bettman is a joke, but I think your reasoning is wrong. I know a lot of teams don't particularly like to travel to Europe for these regular season games and some of them may have balked at the idea. Also, the teams playing have a lot players that will be playing in their home country which may have figured into the selections. But they could have sent Detroit to Sweden, think they make up half the Swedish Olympic team.
Thanks. That brought a smile to my face.
Old 02-11-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Well, I'm glad to see another person who enjoys hockey here. There seem to be a lot of us.
I was enjoying the hockey until 2010 smacked the Devils in the face and stole their ability to defend for a full 60 minutes.

Seems like the best way to play the Devils at the moment is to give them a 2-0 lead and watch them fold.

I'll be glad when we see that back of the Flyers this season they have a 4-1-0 record against us.

Name:  bowdown2.gif
Views: 39
Size:  2.9 KB to Jen and her Flyers again.Name:  bowdown2.gif
Views: 39
Size:  2.9 KB

ila, did you watch the Habs-Caps game last night? That 3rd period must have been agony. And scoring an OT winner with only 8 seconds left was a great way to end the Caps 14-game winning streak. At least it saved you the torture of a shootout.
Old 02-11-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
ila, did you watch the Habs-Caps game last night? That 3rd period must have been agony. And scoring an OT winner with only 8 seconds left was a great way to end the Caps 14-game winning streak. At least it saved you the torture of a shootout.
I'm afraid that I missed it. I saw the game in the tv listings, but I got involved watching other programs and completely forgot about it.
Old 02-11-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I'm afraid that I missed it. I saw the game in the tv listings, but I got involved watching other programs and completely forgot about it.
It looks like Montreal wasn't the only team that could not hold a lead against Washington, as Ottawa had the same thing happen to them last night(except that the game ended in regulation this time). Ottawa had a 3-1 lead at one point, and then it was 4-3 Washington! Ottawa scored 3 more in a row to make it 6-4 and Washington almost came back. That is two games in a row that the defense of Washington has disappeared.

Varlamov's return to net after missing a long period of time due to injury was not a pretty one.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Talk about a nail-biter. The Bruins scored 4 goals in the 1st period against Tampa Bay, and end up squeaking by with a 5-4 win. It's almost as if they've bought into the notion that they must collapse in the 3rd period just to be consistent with their recent extended streak of losses!

Whew!
Old 02-12-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Talk about a nail-biter. The Bruins scored 4 goals in the 1st period against Tampa Bay, and end up squeaking by with a 5-4 win. It's almost as if they've bought into the notion that they must collapse in the 3rd period just to be consistent with their recent extended streak of losses!

Whew!
Amazingly enough, that was Boston's third straight win.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Amazingly enough, that was Boston's third straight win.
Shhhhh, don't jinx it. The players don't know they've been winning.
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Shhhhh, don't jinx it. The players don't know they've been winning.
Boston can win all the games they want as long as it's fewer than Montreal.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Boston can win all the games they want as long as it's fewer than Montreal.
As a fan of both Boston and Montreal, I can second that sentiment!
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
As a fan of both Boston and Montreal, I can second that sentiment!
With all due respect, your post agreeing with ila implies favoritism towards Montreal. If you were a truly equal fan of both, you would want them to be in a perpetual tie from which they cannot escape.
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
With all due respect, your post agreeing with ila implies favoritism towards Montreal. If you were a truly equal fan of both, you would want them to be in a perpetual tie from which they cannot escape.
Actually it seems like they are always in a perpetual tie. I don't think that there has been a season in quite awhile where they haven't met in the playoffs.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I was favoring Montreal by my statement. I live in Maine, so I don't really have a "home team." Boston and Montreal are both close by (Boston is probably closer to home), but I don't get Boston games on the tele. I watch a lot of televised Canadian hockey, so Montreal sort of edges out Boston in that respect.
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I was favoring Montreal by my statement. I live in Maine, so I don't really have a "home team." Boston and Montreal are both close by (Boston is probably closer to home), but I don't get Boston games on the tele. I watch a lot of televised Canadian hockey, so Montreal sort of edges out Boston in that respect.
You're lucky, GRH. Out here it's very rare to get a Montreal game. The high poobahs of the Toronto Liberal Broadcasting Wannabe Monopoly Corporation (otherwise known as the CBC) have decided that everyone west of Cornwall wants to watch only Toronto games. The Toronto Sports Network (aka TSN) are almost as bad.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I would have thought that the CBC sports programming would have been consistent throughout Canada. That's odd. Usually the first game shown (in my neck of the woods) is a Montreal game, then they'll televise a Toronto, Vancouver, or Edmonton game which is usually on pretty late into the evening.
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I would have thought that the CBC sports programming would have been consistent throughout Canada. That's odd. Usually the first game shown (in my neck of the woods) is a Montreal game, then they'll televise a Toronto, Vancouver, or Edmonton game which is usually on pretty late into the evening.
One would think that CBC would be consistent, but since Toronto is in the same time zone as Montreal it seems that we are destined to see Toronto games rather than Montreal. As you live in Maine I would guess that you are picking up a CBC signal from Quebec in which case I can understand why you get to see the Montreal games.

We get the Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver games after the Toronto game has finished.

One good thing about my cable stations is that I get a lot of US stations (Atlanta, Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Seattle, Minneapolis, New York, & Chicago) so I can see Montreal games that are played in the US. I'm also not stuck with watching Toronto games all the time.
Old 02-12-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One would think that CBC would be consistent, but since Toronto is in the same time zone as Montreal it seems that we are destined to see Toronto games rather than Montreal.
ila, that's not going to be a problem in the postseason.

(sorry shadows )
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
ila, that's not going to be a problem in the postseason.

(sorry shadows )

Don't pick on shadows just yet. He may get the last laugh on us.
Old 02-12-2010

Thumbs up Devils 5-2 Predators

Looks like the Devils have learned from their recent mistakes and decided to change tactics tonight..."Don't take a 2-0 lead".
And it worked.

In his 5th game after the trade Kovalchuk scores his first goal as a Devil and the team romps to a 5-2 victory.

But that still leaves the Devils with only 5 wins in the last 16 games (since that famous 1-0 shootout win in the 'double-shutout' against the Rangers in mid-January).

Maybe Kovalchuk's teammates won't be scared to play alongside him any longer.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I was sorry to see the Maine Black Bears lose tonight to BU, 7-4. The game was on at the pub where I had dinner. That's a lot of goals, though.

(I always root for the opposing team when BU plays!)
Old 02-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Don't pick on shadows just yet. He may get the last laugh on us.
Judging from the pathetic showing last night as they lost 4-0 to ST. LOUIS of all teams, I don't think you have to worry too much about that.

Darn Toskala. He had something to do with it, I KNOWSSSS IT!!!!
Old 02-13-2010
Dark Overlord

I am way behind on my reports, so I am just going to start again with last night's games.

Here are the scores from Feb. 12th's games:

1. Philadelphia beat Montreal 3-2. Philly seems to have Montreal's number right now.

2. New Jersey beat Nashville 5-2. First goal for Kovalchuk(as daul mentioned above) since being traded. I am sure that is a load off his mind for sure. Parise had a goal and an assist.

3. Vancouver beat Columbus 4-3. Andew Raycrap tried to give this game away early, but his teammates said they would beat him up if he tried to emulate Toskala any more. Afraid of getting pummelled, he shut the door the rest of the game.

4. The Rangers beat Pittsburgh 3-2 in overtime. Gaborik played in this game(after being cut by Lundqvist's skate in practice a few days ago), but left the game soon after. It may turn out to be quite a serious injury.

5. St. Louis beat Toronto 4-0. Toronto beat Toronto 2-0 as they let St. Louis score 2 freaking short-handed goals! Arghahghalgnaotheh=hga! *plop*

6. Atlanta beat Minnesota 3-2. Not much to say about this game.

7. Colorado beat Phoenix 2-1. I'm still miffed about the Leaf game. I need some hugs!!!!
Old 02-14-2010

Default Devils 2-5 Hurricanes

Quote:
2. New Jersey beat Nashville 5-2. First goal for Kovalchuk since being traded. I am sure that is a load off his mind for sure. Parise had a goal and an assist.
Obviously not enough of a load off his and the rest of the team's minds... Saturday 13th the Devils were caned 5-2 by the 'Canes.

At least they can't lose again this month.
Old 02-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Obviously not enough of a load off his and the rest of the team's minds... Saturday 13th the Devils were caned 5-2 by the 'Canes.

At least they can't lose again this month.
Wrong. I am sure they will lose a game again in February....2011.
Old 02-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Feb 13th's games:

1. The Islanders beat Tampa Bay 5-4. John Tavares got his first point in quite a few games. Biron was in net again for the Islanders so I am wondering if Di Pietro is hurt again or if they are just resting(which doesn't make much sense with the Olympic break coming up.

2. Buffalo beat San Jose 3-1. Buffalo finally got out of their funk(at least for now) and beat a good team. That being said, I don't think San Jose was firing on all cylinders since they were probably thinking ahead to the Olympics.

3. Philadelphia beat Montreal 6-2. Philly won the home-and-home against the Habs. Halak was not particularly sharp in this one, and after scoring their 3 first period goals Philly never looked back.

4. Carolina beat New Jersey 5-2. I imagine that New Jersey is looking forward to the break, but since their goalie is going to play in the Olympics how is he supposed to get rested? He has looked rather ordinary for a while now, and if they make the playoffs will fatigue be a factor?

5. Boston beat Florida 3-2 in the shootout. Not a pretty win, but a good one for the Bruins. Boston actually came from behind to win this one, rather than their usual coughing up of leads lately. This is now Boston's 4th win in a row. They are clicking at the right time.

6. Detroit beat Ottawa 4-1. Detroit's offense has gotten a huge kickstart by getting Johan Franzen back. He has gotten 3 points in 3 games since his return and looks like he hasn't missed any time at all let alone almost 4 months of hockey!

7. St. Louis beat Washington 4-3 in the shootout. Since having their 14 game winning streak snapped they are winless in two games(having given up 10 goals in those two games, not including the shootout goal).

8. Dallas beat Phoenix 3-0. Second time in 3 games that the Coyotes have been shut out(and the game in between they only scored 1 goal). If Phoenix doesn't find some offense soon, their playoff journey will be over before they know it.

9. Chicago beat Atlanta 5-4 in the shootout. Despite coughing up a 3-1 lead Chicago managed to squeak out the victory.

10. Calgary beat Anaheim 3-1. Iginla had 2 goals in this one, and a couple of former leafs had points in this one as well(White and Stajan each had an assist).

11. LA beat Colorado 3-0. This was a close game until the third period. Kopitar scored the second goal and that seemed to take the wind out of Colorado's sails.
Old 02-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Here are the scores from Feb 13th's games:

5. Boston beat Florida 3-2 in the shootout. Not a pretty win, but a good one for the Bruins. Boston actually came from behind to win this one, rather than their usual coughing up of leads lately. This is now Boston's 4th win in a row. They are clicking at the right time.
I am sorry to report that four of seven Bruins fans (all serious hockey fans) I have spoken to in the last 48 hours have said they've stopped following the team for the season. I was shocked. Perhaps a few more wins can turn them around, but Olympic hockey is going to steal a lot of attention!
Old 02-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.........3. Philadelphia beat Montreal 6-2. Philly won the home-and-home against the Habs. Halak was not particularly sharp in this one, and after scoring their 3 first period goals Philly never looked back.....
Not only did Montreal forget that they had to actually play the game, they forgot to even show up for the game. Damn that Toskala.
Old 02-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Not only did Montreal forget that they had to actually play the game, they forgot to even show up for the game. Damn that Toskala.
Didn't know Toskala ever played for the Habs. Is it sort of like the ex-Cubs factor in baseball. The teams farthest removed from Toskala have the best chance of winning?
Old 02-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
Didn't know Toskala ever played for the Habs. Is it sort of like the ex-Cubs factor in baseball. The teams farthest removed from Toskala have the best chance of winning?
Toskala never played for Montreal. It's a bit of joke for shadows as shadows still blames Toskala (jokingly) when Toronto loses.
Old 02-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Toskala never played for Montreal. It's a bit of joke for shadows as shadows still blames Toskala (jokingly) when Toronto loses.
Around these parts (Bruins country, that is), you'll still occasionally hear people talk about a Toronto loss as channeling the 1969 playoff team that was blown out in the first two games by the Bruins, 10-0 and 7-0.

Hey shadows, perhaps you should lay off Toskala and start blaming the ghosts of Horton, Pilote, Ullman, and Bower. (Oh, wait, those guys were so old that they might have been ghosts that very year!)
Old 02-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Around these parts (Bruins country, that is), you'll still occasionally hear people talk about a Toronto loss as channeling the 1969 playoff team that was blown out in the first two games by the Bruins, 10-0 and 7-0.

Hey shadows, perhaps you should lay off Toskala and start blaming the ghosts of Horton, Pilote, Ullman, and Bower. (Oh, wait, those guys were so old that they might have been ghosts that very year!)
And it was only two years previous to that that Toronto won the Stanley Cup. Of course that was the last time that Toronto won the cup.
Old 02-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yes, his evil ineptitude seeps into many teams. Why do you think that Anaheim is afraid to put him in net?
Old 02-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

I have only experienced the mystical play of Toskala. If I had been around when those players were still active, I may change my scapegoat. As it stands however....Toskala for the goat!

And Ila....jokingly?
Old 02-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Feb 14th's games(last night of NHL hockey until after the Olympic break!):

1. The Rangers beat Tampa Bay 5-2. With Tampa Bay ahead 2-0 after the first period, the Rangers stormed back with 4 goals in the second period! And this was without Gaborik who missed the game due to injury.

2. Nashville beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in the shootout. Crosby had a goal and an assist in this game. The goal was his 42nd of the season and that tied him for the lead with Ovechkin! Hopefully he'll continue his great play for Canada in the Olympics!

3. Minnesota beat Vancouver 6-2. I guess Brodeur and Luongo both ate bad food and got sick as that is how one can describe how they both played in their last game before the Olympics! I sure hope they play like they should be able to in the Olympics otherwise we will be in some trouble!

4. Ottawa beat the Islanders 4-3. The Senators came back from a 3-1 deficit and ended up taking 1st place in their Division with this win.

5. Chicago beat Columbus 5-4 in the shootout. It seems that Chicago wants to give their opponents points as well rather than finish them off in regulation. It is fortunate for Chicago that the Blue Jackets are so far away from them that it doesn't really affect them too much.

6. Anaheim beat Edmonton 7-3. A much better game from the Ducks than their stinker against Calgary the previous night. So, do you think that Ryan Getzlaf wants to play for Canada? He scored 2 goals and 2 assists last night. If his ankle remains good this morning, then he is a go for Team Canada!

Well, this is it for the hockey reports...at least the NHL ones. I will post the hockey scores from the Olympics.

I will also post the scores from the women's hockey if anybody is interested. If so, just make a post stating that you would like to see it.
Old 02-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I was sorry to see the Maine Black Bears lose tonight to BU, 7-4. The game was on at the pub where I had dinner. That's a lot of goals, though.

(I always root for the opposing team when BU plays!)
Hey SMC, well at least we were rooting for the same team! I didn't get to see that game, but it certainly sucks seeing my Black Bears lose to BU.
Old 02-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'm with you Ila! That game was painful to watch. Especially when the Flyers broke away on Montreal's powerplay to score yet another goal. I pretty much had to start skipping around channels at that point. I still watched the game, but only half-heartedly. It sucks to have been swept.
Old 02-15-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I'm with you Ila! That game was painful to watch. Especially when the Flyers broke away on Montreal's powerplay to score yet another goal. I pretty much had to start skipping around channels at that point. I still watched the game, but only half-heartedly. It sucks to have been swept.
That pretty much sums up the way I feel about the game and the way I watched the game too.
Old 02-16-2010

Exclamation Women's Hockey at the Olympics.

I read earlier that Women's Hockey might be dropped from future Winter Games if the rest of the World don't start closing the gap on Canada and the USA.

18-0 & 10-1 wins for Canada and 12-1 for the USA.

Is there anything that can stop a Canada-USA final?
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I read earlier that Women's Hockey might be dropped from future Winter Games if the rest of the World don't start closing the gap on Canada and the USA.

18-0 & 10-1 wins for Canada and 12-1 for the USA.

Is there anything that can stop a Canada-USA final?
Aside from the two teams catching a huge bout of food poisoning, not likely.

Not much fun when it's a two team race.
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Aside from the two teams catching a huge bout of food poisoning, not likely.

Not much fun when it's a two team race.
I watched most of the Canada / Switzerland women's game. I am sure this will sound strange, I must say that Schelling, the Swiss goalie, did a hell of a job. I mean, jeez, she faced 55 shots, most of them coming in rapid succession since the rest of her team seemed incapable of pushing any of the hockey game down to the other end of the ice!

Florence plays for Northeastern University here in Boston and she is an impressive young player.

But shadows is right. It would be more fun to watch a 7-game series against the Canadian and U.S. women's teams than to be witnesses to wholesale slaughter.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I watched most of the Canada / Switzerland women's game. I am sure this will sound strange, I must say that Schelling, the Swiss goalie, did a hell of a job. I mean, jeez, she faced 55 shots, most of them coming in rapid succession since the rest of her team seemed incapable of pushing any of the hockey game down to the other end of the ice!

Florence plays for Northeastern University here in Boston and she is an impressive young player.

But shadows is right. It would be more fun to watch a 7-game series against the Canadian and U.S. women's teams than to be witnesses to wholesale slaughter.
I liken it to the "Dream Team" of basketball. Is there really a chance that the US team won't win the gold medal year in and year out? Sure, they had lost a couple of games, but those were during the round robin and the US didn't have any worries about being ousted from the Olympics!(of course, I could be wrong about said importance of those games.)

My personal wish is that the skill levels of the other teams would be able to be more on par, but for most of those girls this is the only time they really play hockey so they don't have as much practice as the girls in the US or Canada do. That all being said, I also don't want the girls to lose an opportunity to play for their country, so even though I prefer close games I don't want any teams to not show up and deprive anyone of at least being able to play in such a game as the Olympics. And one of the teams will at least be able to get a medal at the Games.

The only ones I despise are the cheats, the ones who get caught(or don't get caught) who are on all sorts of doping agents. Scum!
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Don't get me wrong. I want women's hockey to stay in the Olympics!

But although I just rooted for Canada to win in the men's hockey, I really wish pros were not playing! It's just as bad as letting NBAers play basketball in the Olympics.

By the way, in case anyone is curious, I will root for Canada all the way to a gold in both men's and women's hockey. Not the United States.

Last edited by smc; 02-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the Men's Hockey scores for Feb 16th's games:

1. US beat Switzerland 3-1.

2. Canada beat Norway 8-0.

Russia VS Latvia has not started yet.
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
2. Canada beat Norway 8-0.
"Beat"? That's the best you can do?! "Beat"? Were we even watching the same hockey game? No, my friend, Canada did not "beat" Norway.

Canada caned Norway like a Singapore cop canes a guy who spit out his gum on the sidewalk.

Canada flagellated Norway like a crazed priest in some bizarre religious rite hitting himself.

Canada thrashed Norway like a Manitoba wheat farmer taking care of the fall crop in his barn.

Canada flogged Norway like a Royal Navy Vice Admiral would have a seaman flogged on one of Her Majesty's ships for the slightest insubordination (and then go below to spank himself the way Canada spanked Norway).

Okay, I'll stop there. I'm getting too excited.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
"Beat"? That's the best you can do?! "Beat"? Were we even watching the same hockey game? No, my friend, Canada did not "beat" Norway.

Canada caned Norway like a Singapore cop canes a guy who spit out his gum on the sidewalk.

Canada flagellated Norway like a crazed priest in some bizarre religious rite hitting himself.

Canada thrashed Norway like a Manitoba wheat farmer taking care of the fall crop in his barn.

Canada flogged Norway like a Royal Navy Vice Admiral would have a seaman flogged on one of Her Majesty's ships for the slightest insubordination (and then go below to spank himself the way Canada spanked Norway).

Okay, I'll stop there. I'm getting too excited.
Hmmmm. Methinks that some "flogging" is going to be happening at your place shortly.

Nice descriptions, though. It was nice to see the Canadians not take the game lightly. They have to go full-on for each and every game or it could end up like it did in the Juniors where they fall on their face at the end.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Russia is ahead of Latvia 2-0 with 10 minutes left in the first period. With Evgeni Nabokov in net for Russia, Latvia is in a fair amount of trouble.

ETA: I just hit refresh and it became 3:27 left in the first period. Must be a tear in the space/time continuum to cause such a difference in time left in the period to occur.
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Hmmmm. Methinks that some "flogging" is going to be happening at your place shortly.

Nice descriptions, though. It was nice to see the Canadians not take the game lightly. They have to go full-on for each and every game or it could end up like it did in the Juniors where they fall on their face at the end.
I wonder what you mean by "flogging" ?

I wonder whether seeing Latvia beat Russia (not likely; Russia's already up 2-0) would help or hinder the flogging, if you mean what I think you mean.
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Russia is ahead of Latvia 2-0 with 10 minutes left in the first period. With Evgeni Nabokov in net for Russia, Latvia is in a fair amount of trouble.

ETA: I just hit refresh and it became 3:27 left in the first period. Must be a tear in the space/time continuum to cause such a difference in time left in the period to occur.
Hockey occurs in the space/time continuum? Then how come I can't find a single theoretical physicist at my university who cares about hockey? I should tell them about that.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I wonder what you mean by "flogging" ?

I wonder whether seeing Latvia beat Russia (not likely; Russia's already up 2-0) would help or hinder the flogging, if you mean what I think you mean.
I think if Latvia upset Russia, there would be many upset people. There would probably be copious amounts of flogging going on, mainly from loansharks collecting from the losers.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Hockey occurs in the space/time continuum? Then how come I can't find a single theoretical physicist at my university who cares about hockey? I should tell them about that.
They do. They just don't discuss it in the same language as the rest of us.