Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-20-2009
randolph's Avatar
randolph randolph is offline
Senior Ladyboy Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: S. Calif.
Posts: 2,502
randolph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HMOs

I belong to the Kaiser HMO in California. They saved my life when I had a burst appendix. Their health care has improved dramatically over the years and I now consider excellent. I believe one of the reasons it provides excellent health care at competitive cost is that it is a NONPROFIT CORPORATION. It is run by doctors not accountants for the benefit of their members, not investors.
Other countries, like Holland can have excellent health care without breaking the bank. Unfortunately the US is so politicized and dominated by corporate interests that good health care for everyone seems impossible.
__________________
"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible; but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary." R.N.
  #2  
Old 10-20-2009
The Conquistador's Avatar
The Conquistador The Conquistador is offline
Senior Ladyboy Lover
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Socialist State of California (U.S.S.C)
Posts: 1,309
The Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to beholdThe Conquistador is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to The Conquistador
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
Unfortunately the US is so politicized and dominated by corporate interests that good health care for everyone seems impossible.
The thing that really bites us in the ass is that we do have "universal healthcare"; it's called the ER. The fact that people walk into the ER for all sorts of problems regardless of whether or not it is life threatening is what hurts us. Since it is the policy to not turn away anyone who comes in and alot of those people don't have the money to pay for their stuff, the cost gets passed on to those who can. Those who pay end up covering the costs so that their neighbor can pop Prozacs like Bon-Bons.

I can choose what type of vehicle I buy, I can choose what kind accessories come with it, I can choose my own insurance provider, so why can't I choose who I want to buy my healthcare from?
__________________
*More posts than Bionca*
[QUOTE=God(from Futurama)]Right and wrong are just words; what matters is what you do... If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope... When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © Trans Ladyboy