Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 01-13-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Again, from tsn.ca:

DREGER: REFEREE AUGER WON'T BE DISCIPLINED BY NHL

As far as the NHL is concerned, it's case closed.......
The whole thing stinks to high heaven and the league office should have taken Burrows seriously and done a proper investigation. I also don't agree with fining a player for speaking his mind about the officiating. That also stinks worse than a skunk. Actions like this are going to make the fans too cynical.
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
The whole thing stinks to high heaven and the league office should have taken Burrows seriously and done a proper investigation. I also don't agree with fining a player for speaking his mind about the officiating. That also stinks worse than a skunk. Actions like this are going to make the fans too cynical.
I don't think there is much more that Buttman can do to make the fans cynical. If there is a bone-headed decision to make, he leaps into it with both feet forward. The sooner that treasure-troll gets turfed, the better it will be for us fans.
Old 01-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't think there is much more that Buttman can do to make the fans cynical. If there is a bone-headed decision to make, he leaps into it with both feet forward. The sooner that treasure-troll gets turfed, the better it will be for us fans.
Being a little hard on the commish. He has done lots of great things for the league. Let me just mention a few

1) .................
2) .................
3) .................
4) .................
5) .................
6) .................
7) .................
8) .................

I'll have to think awhile to come up with some more.

Oh never mind.
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
Being a little hard on the commish. He has done lots of great things for the league. Let me just mention a few

1) .................
2) .................
3) .................
4) .................
5) .................
6) .................
7) .................
8) .................

I'll have to think awhile to come up with some more.

Oh never mind.
LOL! Nice one, Captn!
Old 01-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Didn't he extend the league to include all the southen teams like Tampa and come up with the shoot out rules for overtime
Oh sorry you were looking for good things he did never mind me bad
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Didn't he extend the league to include all the southen teams like Tampa and come up with the shoot out rules for overtime
Oh sorry you were looking for good things he did never mind me bad
Jerseygirl Jen
You're bad all right. Perhaps you should be punished?
Old 01-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're bad all right. Perhaps you should be punished?
Hey tieing people to a chair and forcing them to watch Tampa play Alanta is cruel and unusual punishment and not allowed
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Hey tieing people to a chair and forcing them to watch Tampa play Alanta is cruel and unusual punishment and not allowed
Jerseygirl Jen
I could never submit you to that sort of evil punishment, Jennifer!
Old 01-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I could never submit you to that sort of evil punishment, Jennifer!
No you wouldn't you would force me to listen to 6 straight hours of Barry Mannilow oh the horror

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Jan 13th's games:

1. Minnesota beat Vancouver 5-2. It was a close game, tied 2-2, until the third period. The wheels then fell off for Luongo and he ended up being pulled. There didn't seem to be any fallout from the Burrow's incident, but there were a fair number of penalties called(including 2 minors for Burrows). Vancouver has now lost 3 in a row.

2. Washington beat Florida 5-4 in a shootout. Florida had a 4-1 lead at one point(which caused Neuvirth to be pulled for the second straight day), but they fell apart totally. I am not sure if Jen will be sad because Washington won or if she will be happy because Florida lost. What say you, Jennifer?

3. Pittsburgh beat Calgary 3-1. It seems that Calgary is back to their low-scoring ways, which is not something they want to start doing again. It didn't help that Pittsburgh got more PP opportunities than Calgary in the second period(5-2 to be exact). Auger was officiating in this one, I believe. Since he couldn't get Vancouver, maybe he settled for a Canadian team instead? I jest, of course...somewhat.

4. Anaheim beat Boston 4-3. Smc will be most displeased with this one. Boston had a 3-2 lead at one point, but they could not hold it. I predict teeth being gnashed in fury.
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
No you wouldn't you would force me to listen to 6 straight hours of Barry Mannilow oh the horror

Jerseygirl Jen
No, I would only submit you to something that you would actually enjoy as well. I'm not a sadist, after all.

Well, I guess I could show you the (non-existant) high-lights of the Leafs this year...
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

stargazer58 will become famous soon enoughstargazer58 will become famous soon enough

The NHL powers that be all need to pack up and take a long vacation from the sport.. A VERY LONG VACATION!!.. Bettman and his cronies have always been pretty wishy washy in their dealings with suspensions and fines. There are a precious few exceptions to the rule.. Bertuzzi's punishment being one that showed some balls for a change.. There isn't any of the pro sports, in my book, that are much better when it comes to doleing out the proper punishment!!.. The NHL game has changed, but the bullshit remains where it concerns the refs and the So called lords of the show!!.. Giving out super stiff fines and multi game suspensions for the real bad trangression by the players is the only way to send the message that all the excessive crap will not be tolerated.. as for the refs.. Most of them should take a much needed respit too.. I've seen far too many crappy calls in the games I have watched this season!!.. and in the past... This "intent to blow the whistle"..What the hell is that ?????.. That was never an issue early on even when replay on goals was made the norm!!.. If you haven't actualy blown the whistle.. the play isn't done and it's a goal!!!!..Plain and simple.. cut and dried!! To think these fools get paid more in a season than I can make in 2 years of solid work!!.. Guess I should have studied the rule book more so I could don a hockey helmet and get paid to be a complete and utter doofus!!
In my book Auger should be suspended until a proper investigation is completed BY AN OUTSIDE SOURCE..Not Bettman and his henchmen... Officials are not the protected "gods" they portend to be or are claimed to be by the NHL.. They are fallible human beings and should not be given any special treatment and the same goes for the upper echelon stars of the sport.. or any sport for that matter!!
If he did skate by and tell Burrows what has been talked about here, then he should be tied to a goal and let a few angry players take slap shots at his ass!!!.. .. Maybe that's a bit too strong but I think you all can catch my drift here!!.. I am really tired of seeing the officials treated like supreme beings that are untouchable.
The game of hockey is tough enough as it is!!.. The teams shouldn't have to battle a few crazed officials in the process..
I must admit.. I do love it when an offical is at the boards and in the wrong place at the wrong time when 2 plaers, hell bent for leather, suddenly appear and the official ends up taking a good pice of the action himself!!.. I sit back and laugh!!!.. .You just know that the players leave that spot snickering to themselves

Off my soap box for now!!!.. Good luck to the US Hockey Team in the coming Olympics!!

Last edited by stargazer58; 01-14-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
That kind of torture gives me bad flashbacks to my childhood.

My mum was a Manilow fan and her car was full of his tapes. Everywhere she drove, she played his tapes on a non-stop rotation.

She used to think I didn't like my grandparents. I loved them, it was the Manilow torture on the drive over and drive back I couldn't take.

I was so happy when I could afford to buy myself a cheap walkman (not a Sony) and limit the torture to the gaps between the tracks on the tapes I was listening to, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Police, Madness, The Jam, etc.

Torture from ESPN-UK, the last NHL game was on Saturday 9th and then nothing till Monday 18th.
Old 01-14-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I would only submit you to something that you would actually enjoy as well. I'm not a sadist, after all.

Well, I guess I could show you the (non-existant) high-lights of the Leafs this year...
Is this bar in your neck of the woods?
Attached Thumbnails
free-beer-during-all-maple-leaf-playoff-games.jpg  
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
That kind of torture gives me bad flashbacks to my childhood.

My mum was a Manilow fan and her car was full of his tapes. Everywhere she drove, she played his tapes on a non-stop rotation.

She used to think I didn't like my grandparents. I loved them, it was the Manilow torture on the drive over and drive back I couldn't take.

I was so happy when I could afford to buy myself a cheap walkman (not a Sony) and limit the torture to the gaps between the tracks on the tapes I was listening to, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Police, Madness, The Jam, etc.
Guess i was lucky my mom played groups like Cheap Trick, Rolling Stones, Beatles and the Kinks

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Guess i was lucky my mom played groups like Cheap Trick, Rolling Stones, Beatles and the Kinks

Jerseygirl Jen
No wonder you turned out so cool, yet dauls turned out to be such a lemon!

(yes dauls, that is because you posted the picture in your previous post)
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No wonder you turned out so cool, yet dauls turned out to be such a lemon!
Proably because my mom was in her early 30s when she had me and her and my dad were former hippies
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
It's even worse than that: just knowing that there are professional hockey teams in places like Tampa and Atlanta is cruel and unusual punishment.

Of course, last week Atlanta was a place where ice occurred naturally, but still, really, gimme a break!
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default What the Bruins are up to ...

Here's a clue: it's not hockey.

On Tuesday, Bruins defenseman Dennis Wideman kicked off the third annual Bruins Pajama Drive at a local BJ's Wholesale Club.

This is a nice charitable effort that collects money to buy pajamas for kids. But I can't help but wonder whether the timing is meant to coincide with the Bruins seeming to be in their pajamas, especially during the third period when they are in the lead.
Old 01-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
It's even worse than that: just knowing that there are professional hockey teams in places like Tampa and Atlanta is cruel and unusual punishment.

Of course, last week Atlanta was a place where ice occurred naturally, but still, really, gimme a break!
And it's even worse that Atlanta had a team and lost it then got another one while hockey mad Canadian cities can't get one. Damn the NHL headoffice and those in charge!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
And it's even worse that Atlanta had a team and lost it then got another one while hockey mad Canadian cities can't get one. Damn the NHL headoffice and those in charge!!!!!!
It is Buttman, plain and simple. He is called Buttman as that is where his head resides most of the time. No wonder so many hockey fans call him a shit-head!
Old 01-15-2010
Dark Overlord

There are only two games that are still playing, so I will give tonight's report with all the others.

Here are the scores from Jan 14th's games:

1. Toronto beat Philadelphia 4-0. I am not going to gloat at all, especially since Jennifer didn't gloat when Philadelphia beat Toronto 6-2 the last time they played. Toskala actually looked sharp and ended up making 38 saves towards the shutout. Kessel woke up a little and got 2 assists and Bozak(who was recently called up to be on Kessel's line) got 1 goal and 1 assist. If this keeps up, I think Bozak will be staying on(as Kessel got an assist in the previous game as well)! Seemed like it was a pretty well-behaved game as there were no fighting majors to be found, and all of the penalties were minors. for Jen.

2. Ottawa beat the Rangers 2-0. I guess if you want to stop a losing streak stop into MSG and play the Rangers. Mike Brodeur was in net for Ottawa as Leclaire was injured in practice(a shot hit him in the shoulder) and he played well for them again.

3. Buffalo beat Atlanta 2-1 in overtime. Miller continued his stellar play in net for Buffalo and Kovalchuk continued his torrid points streak with another goal. I wonder if Kovalchuk is going to remain with Atlanta or if he is going to be traded by the deadline?

4. Montreal beat Dallas 5-3. Happy dance for Ila, the Habs won the game! Dallas is in a little bit of a funk right now. Price got the start in net for Montreal, and Cammalleri got a goal and an assist(he has been held off the scoresheet for a while now before this game).

5. Florida beat Tampa Bay 3-2. No way that Jen would be happy about this game no matter who ended up winning it.

6. Detroit beat Carolina 3-1. Good. We need to make up some more ground on those pesky Hurricanes!

7. St. Louis beat Minnesota 1-0. From the looks of it, it was a boring game. Minnesota only had 19 shots on net. Backstrom had 36 saves in the loss, so he kept the game close at least.

8. Chicago beat Columbus 3-0. Another hot streak started for Chicago? No way to tell yet, but they played well tonight. Huet got another shutout and Columbus lost yet again. Only 4 minors called all game, and none were called in the third period. Garon started again for Columbus so I wonder if there is anything wrong with Mason.

9. Phoenix beat New Jersey 4-3. The Devils outshot the Coyotes, but they could not get the equalizer. The turning point in the game occurred when Daniel Winnik scored the 3rd goal for Phoenix and was hit with a high stick while scoring it. A minor was given to the Devils and Phoenix scored their 4th goal on that PP. The Devils scored a goal after that, which would have made it 3-3 if not for that ill-timed penalty. Dauls will be sad about this one.

10. Pittsburgh beat Edmonton 3-2. The Penguins won this game even though neither Crosby or Malkin got a point, and after being down 2-0. A tale of two different directions for these teams.

------------------
------------------

The last two games are: Anaheim VS LA: LA is ahead 4-0 with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

San Jose VS Boston: They are tied 1-1 and regulation just ended. Overtime is coming!
Old 01-15-2010
Dark Overlord

The last two games from Jan 14th are now finals.

1. LA beat Anaheim 4-0.

2. Boston beat San Jose 2-1 in the shootout. Zdeno Chara scored the winner, which isn't really a surprise considering how good of a shot he has for a defenseman(even though he is having an "off year" this season). Smc will be quite pleased I am sure.
Old 01-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Urrggghhh well at least Tampa also lost
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Urrggghhh well at least Tampa also lost
Jerseygirl Jen
And you got some hugs from me.
Old 01-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thanks i need em
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thanks i need em
Jerseygirl Jen
I've always got some to spare.
Old 01-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The last two games from Jan 14th are now finals.

2. Boston beat San Jose 2-1 in the shootout. Zdeno Chara scored the winner, which isn't really a surprise considering how good of a shot he has for a defenseman(even though he is having an "off year" this season). Smc will be quite pleased I am sure.
Oh, the Bruins are still playing?
Old 01-15-2010

Quote:
2. Ottawa beat the Rangers 2-0. I guess if you want to stop a losing streak stop into MSG and play the Rangers. Mike Brodeur was in net for Ottawa as Leclaire was injured in practice(a shot hit him in the shoulder) and he played well for them again.

9. Phoenix beat New Jersey 4-3. The Devils outshot the Coyotes, but they could not get the equalizer. The turning point in the game occurred when Daniel Winnik scored the 3rd goal for Phoenix and was hit with a high stick while scoring it. A minor was given to the Devils and Phoenix scored their 4th goal on that PP. The Devils scored a goal after that, which would have made it 3-3 if not for that ill-timed penalty. Dauls will be sad about this one.
Another shutout for Brodeur, but the Devils lose 3-4 to Phoenix.

I was distracted by the odd info above and for a while I forgot about the annoying loss, and the 4 goals on only 19 shots, what a come down from a 51 save shutout.

Senators' rookie, Mike "distant cousin" Brodeur, what a tough surname for a young goaltender to live up to in the NHL. But he's 2-0-0, so maybe he's determined to get out of the minors.

But imagine trying to start a career in the NHL now if your name's Gretzky?
Old 01-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Oh, the Bruins are still playing?
Yep. Maybe I'll start rooting for them after the shitty showing the Leafs gave last night.

Only two games(well, one really can't be called a game since only one team decided to show up. Here's a hint....it wasn't the fing Leafs!) last night.

Here are the scores from Jan 15th's games:

1. Washington beat Toronto 6-1. Well dauls, I think I have you beat. Toskala went from a 38 save shutout to giving up 6 goals off 24 shots the next night. Nice 1 game winning streak you loafers! Kessel had another assist, so at least there is ONE ray of sunshine in this crappy-ass team right now. He is starting to heat up again. Toskala went back to being his cardboard-pretending self and decided that the pucks reminded him too much of beachballs, and everyone knows he cannot stop beachballs...

*sigh* And the damned crows are back, trying mightily to shit on me when I walk outside during my patrols. Thankfully the little shit-hawks have failed in their mission, though not for lack of trying.

All in all, last night was not a good night for me.

2. Nashville beat Calgary 1-0. So, one game was decidedly one-sided and the other one was really close. Calgary held a 22-21 shot advantage, so it can't even be said it was an entertaining game. Iginla was held pointless for the 6th straight game, and Calgary is 1-4-1 in that span. Just like Lundqvist with the Rangers, I am sure that Kiprusoff is getting pissed off at the lack of scoring that is costing the team wins(as he has been stellar in net for the most part this season).
Old 01-17-2010

Quote:
Only two games(well, one really can't be called a game since only one team decided to show up. Here's a hint....it wasn't the fing Leafs!) last night.
Sounds like the Devils copied the Leafs for 40 minutes on Saturday night. Lemaire said, "the team lacked energy until the 3rd period". For the last 18 mins of the game they only trailed 2-1, conceding the 3rd in an empty net with about 10 seconds left. If only they'd tried to earn their pay in the first two periods.

I hope the injury to Patrik Elias early in the second period isn't as bad as it sounds, wheeled off the ice strapped to a backboard with head and neck injuries. I wonder how many games he'll miss?

Last edited by dauls; 07-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2010

Devils shutout 4-0 by the Islanders.
What do you expect with a shot count of 46-20 in favour of the Islanders.

Three losses in a row since that 'double shutout' 1-0 shootout win against the Rangers last Tuesday. Lemaire admits tonight was their worst game of the season. He also said he "was a little concerned", and "could see the team slipping a bit."

OK they've had 3 straight losses, but they're 4pts clear of the Penguins, who've played 3 games more than the Devils. So why all the concern? The Devils don't have a long list of injured players.

That's the end of a five game road-trip (record 2-3), back home for the Panthers on Wednesday and a return to winning ways.

smc, sounds like your Bruins didn't fair any better tonight against Ottawa.

Meanwhile in Nashville the visitors are 3-0 inside the first 10 minutes.
Old 01-18-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Three losses in a row since that 'double shutout' 1-0 shootout win against the Rangers last Tuesday. Lemaire admits tonight was their worst game of the season. He also said he "was a little concerned", and "could see the team slipping a bit."

OK they've had 3 straight losses, but they're 4pts clear of the Penguins, who've played 3 games more than the Devils. So why all the concern? The Devils don't have a long list of injured players.
I think he is concerned because once the team starts slipping it can sometimes be hard to right the ship. Frustration mounts, stupid penalties are taken, discipline gets tossed to the wayside, losses start to mount...it's like a stone rolling down a mountain...it has the potential to become an avalanche.
Old 01-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I think he is concerned because once the team starts slipping it can sometimes be hard to right the ship. Frustration mounts, stupid penalties are taken, discipline gets tossed to the wayside, losses start to mount...it's like a stone rolling down a mountain...it has the potential to become an avalanche.
It is a long season and all teams have peaks and valleys. I didn't look at the schedule to see who all they played, but I think it was mostly a western road trip. If they play a western team the game doesn't start until 10:30 Eastern Time, so that can play havoc with your internal clock.
Old 01-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Did anyone watch the Blackhawk - Red Wing game on Sunday? Too bad it went to a shootout. The overtime period was fantastic, both goalies made great saves. I am actually suprised it went to a shootout. I am sure if they had a 10 minute overtime with 4 on 4 that it would have ended before the SO. End to End action.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Got a long report tonight!

Here are the scores from Jan 16th's games:

1. Chicago beat Columbus 6-5. Chicago beating Columbus is not the surprise, but almost blowing the game is. Neither goalie looked particularly sharp in this one.

2. Dallas beat Detroit 3-2 in the shootout. A little bit of controversy in this one, as some people feel that the goal Ott scored in the shootout should not have counted. The ref positioned behind the net waved the goal off, and it ended up going to video review in Toronto. Toronto said it was inconclusive(which is supposed to mean the original call stands, which was no goal), yet the other two refs suddenly said that it was a goal even though their view was not as good as the ref behind the net. I am not a Detroit fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems like they got screwed in this one. For the record, I could not see a definitive angle that would allow me to say one way or the other.

3. Colorado beat New Jersey 3-1. While Brodeur only gave up 2 goals in this one(the 3rd goal was an empty netter), he was outplayed by Anderson this game. Anderson played great, and he kept the Devils from getting anything more than the single goal. If Anderson plays like this in the playoffs(assuming they make it there), then they have the potential to go far.

This was also the game where Patrik Elias was injured when he was on the receiving end of a hard check. Judging from the video clips I saw, and from what the Devils coach himself said, I do not think it was a dirty hit at all. Elias may not have even been hurt, but he raised his shoulder at the last moment which may have contributed to it. According to ESPN.com he has a possible concussion and neck injury. He had lost conciousness when he hit the ice, but I am uncertain if this was caused by the hit or when he fell to the ice. I hope he makes a full recovery, and that his injury is not too serious.

4. LA beat Boston 4-3 in the shootout. Again, Boston squandered a lead and gave up two goals in the middle of the third period to allow LA to tie the game. One positive that Boston can take from this game(and there isn't a lot, to be honest) is that Milan Lucic is back and he garnered an assist on Boston's first goal. Having Lucic back can only help Boston's offense, something that is sorely needed right now. LA scored on 2-3 of their chances in the shootout, and Boston was 0-2.

5. San Jose beat Edmonton 4-2. Nothing much to say about this one, as Edmonton just continues to fall(this is their 7th loss in a row) and San Jose continues to shine. David Setoguchi(who is having a poor season so far as he had 31 goals and 34 assists last year in his second year) potted two goals. Just what their opponents needed to face...another dangerous skater on the ice. He's only 23 years old, so he should only get better as the seasons go by.

6. Ottawa beat Montreal 4-2. Another win for Mike Brodeur. I am sure he will falter as the season wears on(he is only a rookie after all), but for now he is playing some stellar hockey! Montreal was never really out of this game, as the fourth goal was an empty netter, but they just could not find the equalizer. I think it is safe to say that Ottawa missed Daniel Alfredsson and are very glad that he is back, as he had 1 goal and 2 assists in this contest.

7. The Islanders beat Buffalo 3-2 in the shootout. The Islanders had a 2-0 lead at one point, and let Buffalo back into this game. The goalies weren't particularly sharp in the shootout as Buffalo was 3-8 and the Islanders were 4-8. Tavares got his 7th goal in this game. After a fairly strong start to the season he has tapered off a little.

8. Florida beat Tampa Bay 5-2. The second of a home-and-home series, but this time it was Florida that beat Tampa Bay instead of the way the first game ended up.

9. Atlanta beat Carolina 5-3. Atlanta got very lucky to pull away a win here, as they gave up a 3-1 game and let Carolina tie it 3-3. Atlanta scored their fourth goal of the game, and then got an empty netter to finish it off. Ilya Kovalchuk had a goal and an assist in this one, as did Nik Antropov. I wish that he was still a Leaf, as I always liked him when he was on their team.

10. St. Louis beat the Rangers 4-1. A pretty ugly game for the Rangers, as it was yet another game where they could not score goals. They have Gaborik and not much else, and that will hurt them if they make it into the playoffs.

11. Phoenix beat Minnesota 6-4. Phoenix almost blew this one. Minnesota scored 3 times in the third period which had made it 5-4 for Phoenix. Luckily for the Coyotes they scored their 6th goal in the last minute of the game. Bryzgalov did not look sharp in this one, and hasn't in a little while now. That could spell a lot of trouble for the Coyotes as the season goes on.

12. Vancouver beat Pittsburgh 6-2. Even though they played against a rookie goaltender, the Canucks did what they were supposed to do. Pile it on versus a rookie and hope he lets some pucks in. You cannot let up, ever, or you can be made to look like a fool when you get beat by that same goalie who gets a shutout against you. John Curry, the goalie, gave up 5 goals and ended up being pulled. The Penguins then put in a 19 year old Russian who did not even get paid for this game(he was signed to a 1-game contract)! He also had to use Marc-Andre Fleury's equipment as he was not sure if his goaltending equipment was legal for NHL play. He ended up giving up 1 goal off 13 shots, so he played fairly well for his first NHL game. Will he get another chance? Who knows, but I think they should give him another one. Fleury is out because he has a hairline fracture in his hand. He is listed as day-to-day, so he shouldn't be out too long.

-------------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 17th's games:

1. Chicago beat Detroit 4-3 in the shootout. Detroit rallied to tie it up at 3, but again they were undone by the shootout. I think they are getting tired of losing in it, that is for sure. Chicago played another shaky game.

2. Washington beat Philadelphia 5-3. Perhaps it can be chalked up to the fact that Emery played in net for the first time since he had his surgery a while back. Talk about a trial by fire! Your first game back against a high-powered offense like the Capitals! Ouch. Not a good day for Jen.

3. The Rangers beat Montreal 6-2. This one was bad. Montreal had a 2-0 lead at one point, which should have been safe against the Rangers since the Rangers could not seem to score goals very often this season. However, the wheels totally fell off in this one. Montreal seemed to ease off(they had 20 shots on net in total) and the Rangers capitalized. They did not look back and scored 3 goals in the second, and 3 goals in the third. Avery was his normal agitating self and ended up with 9 minutes of penalties(surprisingly it did not hurt the Rangers!). Halak gave up 6 goals off of 34 shots on net. Ila is probably pretty angry about this one.

4. Anaheim beat Calgary 5-4. An ugly game by Calgary. They came back from 3-1 to take a 4-3 lead and then coughed it up and gave up 2 unanswered goals.

----------------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 18th's games:

1. Ottawa beat Boston 5-1. Remember what I said last game about Ottawa missing Alfreddson? Well, I was right. He had a hat-trick in this one. Boston was totally outplayed in this one judging from the score, as neither team had more than 30 shots(Ottawa had 26 and Boston had 23). Thomas gave up 3 goals off 9 shots and that was it for him. Not a good night for Boston, so they need to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and start playing good hockey again. Otherwise smc will give them a good tolchukking!

2. The Islanders beat New Jersey 4-0. Yep, this one was fugly. The Devils managed just 20 shots and gave up 46. I am not sure why they pulled Brodeur in this one, as he only gave up 4 goals off 32 shots. The Islanders had 18 shots in the first period and 14 in the second(as opposed to just 11 in the same span for the Devils). Fugly, fugly game.

3. Tampa Bay beat Carolina 3-2. I am happy with this just for the fact that it gives the Leafs 2 more points in breathing room for the bottom of the Eastern barrel.

4. Columbus beat St. Louis 4-2. Not much to say about this one either, except it was a game between two teams that are pretty much struggling with all facets of the game.

5. Buffalo beat Phoenix 7-2. Remember how I said in the earlier portion of this report that Bryzgalov was struggling? Well, here is more proof. He gave up 3 goals off 13 shots. That being said, his replacement was just as crappy. He gave up 4 goals off 18 shots. Not a good night for Phoenix's goaltending. Will they recover? They better, otherwise any fanbase they have coming to their games this year will go away yet again.

-end of part 1-
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

-part 2-

(I ran out of room in the previous post)

6. Florida beat Atlanta 1-0. This one was the complete opposite of the previous game mentioned. A blowout vs a 1-goal game. Which one would have been preferable to see?

7. Toronto beat Nashville 4-3. Yep. You read that correctly. Toronto finally won a game! It didn't look like they wanted to win for a while there, as they gave up a 3-0 lead and let Nashville tie it up 3-3. Thankfully Kessel got a goal and they were able to skate away with the victory. It looks like Kessel is heating up again, and that could help the Leafs immensely. Finally, one of us can do the happy dance! It was looking quite grim for us all for a while there.

8. Dallas beat Minnesota 4-3. Again, it was a case of too-little, too-late for Minnesota. They tried desperately to make a comeback but they could not get the tying goal...again.

9. Colorado beat Edmonton 6-0. Eighth loss in a row for the Oilers. As frustrated as I am about the Leafs this season, I can at least take solace in the fact that things aren't as horrible as they are for Edmonton. I predict that Edmonton will end up in last place by the end of the season. I feel sorry for their fans.

10. San Jose beat Calgary 9-1. This was just an old fashioned beat-down! Calgary was outshot 46-22 and totally dominated the game from start to finish(with 3 goals in each period). Calgary is playing horribly right now, and it doesn't look like their poor offense will get better any time soon. Setoguchi had a goal and an assist in this one, so it looks like he is continuing with his improved play of late.

Whew! This was a long one! My fingers are tired!
Old 01-19-2010

Quote:
7. Toronto beat Nashville 4-3. Yep. You read that correctly. Toronto finally won a game! It didn't look like they wanted to win for a while there, as they gave up a 3-0 lead and let Nashville tie it up 3-3. Thankfully Kessel got a goal and they were able to skate away with the victory. It looks like Kessel is heating up again, and that could help the Leafs immensely. Finally, one of us can do the happy dance! It was looking quite grim for us all for a while there.
They tried their best to lose the game after a fantastic opening 9 minutes.

Leafs scored 3 from 8 shots in the first 9 minutes, the Predators replaced their goalie and the Leafs only had another 14 shots in the next 51 minutes.

shadows, that can't have been a comfortable game for Leafs fans to watch.
At 3-3 I expected your next hockey post to include a long string of s, but Kessel saved the day.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

At 3-3 I expected your next hockey post to include a long string of s, but Kessel saved the day.
It almost was, my friend, it almost was.
Old 01-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Here are the scores from Jan 18th's games:

1. Ottawa beat Boston 5-1. Remember what I said last game about Ottawa missing Alfreddson? Well, I was right. He had a hat-trick in this one. Boston was totally outplayed in this one judging from the score, as neither team had more than 30 shots(Ottawa had 26 and Boston had 23). Thomas gave up 3 goals off 9 shots and that was it for him. Not a good night for Boston, so they need to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and start playing good hockey again. Otherwise smc will give them a good tolchukking!
The only good news (and I do mean only) is that despite playing a day game after a late night flight back from the West Coast, no one on the Bruins blamed jet lag. Coach Claude Julien simply said they didn't show up with the attitude that they "can" play.

This is getting really ugly!
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Speaking of ugly...this is an example of a dirty hit. The article is from tsn.ca.

CORMIER EJECTED FROM QMJHL GAME AFTER HEAD SHOT ON OPPONENT

Team Canada's world junior captain Patrice Cormier was ejected from a QMJHL game in overtime on Sunday when he delivered a head shot to Quebec Remparts defenceman Mikael Tam.

Cormier, a forward for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, came off the bench for a line change and cut through the faceoff circle at centre ice, laying an elbow on Tam in open ice.

Video of the hit can be found here.

Following the hit, Tam was convulsing on the ice before being taken off on a stretcher. The 18-year-old defenceman suffered trauma to the skull and brain and lost many teeth.

He is now in stable condition in hospital and is expected to be released Tuesday morning. A Remparts spokespesron said a brain scan was taken after the game, and a second scan Monday showed "everything normal."

The Remparts' official team website says fans can send "get well" messages to Tam.

On Monday, TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie took to his Twitter account, writing, "This Cormier elbow is sickening on so many levels. I have never been so discouraged about the game of hockey as now."

Cormier, a native of Cap-Pele, New Brunswick, was traded to the Huskies on January 7th. The 19-year-old was playing in just his third game with the team.

The Quebec Provincial Police are now handling the incident and have collected several testimonies.

The QMJHL released a statement on Monday saying that the incident is under review.

Commissioner Gilles Courteau says he won't be commenting on the situation today, but the statement said that once the disciplinary process has been completed, the Disciplinary Prefect, Raymond Bolduc, will announce the sanctions.

In 31 games this season with the Rimouski Oceanic and the Huskies, Cormier has 11 goals and 20 assists, as well as 64 PIM.

He had two goals and three assists at the World Junior Hockey Championship, where he captained Team Canada to a silver medal.

In a pre-tournament exhibition game, Cormier elbowed Sweden's Anton Rodin and bloodied his nose.
Canada went on to lose to the United States in the final.

-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------

He deserves to get the book thrown at him. He was the Captain of Team Canada at the World Juniors and he threw a freaking elbow there as well. Disgusting. I am sure you'll agree if you see the video.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Link to the video didn't seem to work in my previous post. It can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoFY...layer_embedded

It happens about a minute in. Just a warning, it is pretty graphic!

It is also in french.

Last edited by shadows; 01-19-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Link to the video didn't seem to work in my previous post. It can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoFY...layer_embedded

It happens about a minute in. Just a warning, it is pretty graphic!

It is also in french.
Thanks for the link, shadows. That hit was gruesome. I hope the league and the law come down heavily on Cormier. There was no need for what he did. One of the sad aspects to this is that they were playing good hockey up to that point.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thanks for the link, shadows. That hit was gruesome. I hope the league and the law come down heavily on Cormier. There was no need for what he did. One of the sad aspects to this is that they were playing good hockey up to that point.
That was pretty scary, eh? That poor kid was convulsing and you didn't know what was going to happen. I am now going to post the newest article about this.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

This is the latest article about the dirty elbow hit from Patrice Cormier on Mikael Tam. Again, it's from tsn.ca.

TAM OUT OF HOSPITAL AFTER TAKING CORMIER HEAD SHOT

QUEBEC -- Mikael Tam flew home to Quebec City on Tuesday but it remains uncertain how long the Quebec Remparts defenceman will be out of action after a nasty hit to the head from Rouyn-Noranda Huskies centre Patrice Cormier.

Remparts spokesman Nicole Bouchard said Tam is walking normally and appears to be clear-headed, even though he has no memory of the elbow to the face from Cormier that floored him during Quebec's overtime win in Rouyn-Noranda on Sunday afternoon.

She said the team is holding off showing him video of the incident for the moment, although it was being shown frequently on several television channels. Tam is to be examined by the team's doctor and a specialist to determine the extent of his injuries, which included brain trauma and damage to several teeth.

It is too early to guess how long he will be off skates, she said. The team plans to hold a news conference with Tam and the medical team on Friday in Quebec City.

The hit has been widely criticized as a cheap shot around the hockey world, including among NHL players, and even drew a reaction from Quebec premier Jean Charest in the National Assembly.

"There are messages that perhaps have not got through that need to be sent again," said Charest. "Hockey can be played without resorting to that kind of behaviour. It's shocking."

Cormier, who served as captain of Canada's team at the world junior championship, has been suspended indefinitely by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and is awaiting word on further discipline. A league spokesman said a decision is expected Thursday or Friday.

The league denied a report that its decision may be delayed because commissioner Gilles Courteau is attending the Top Prospects game in Windsor, Ont.

In overtime of Quebec's 3-2 shootout win in Rouyn-Noranda on Sunday afternoon, Cormier crossed the ice to drop Tam with an elbow while the Quebec rearguard was skating through the neutral zone.

The 18-year-old went into convulsions before he was wheeled off the ice on a stretcher and taken to hospital, where he underwent two brain scans before he was released on Monday night.

The Remparts filed a complaint and Quebec provincial police in Rouyn-Noranda are investigating whether there are grounds for criminal charges against the 19-year-old Cormier.

Cormier was drafted in the second round in 2008 by the New Jersey Devils and it seems that if he makes it to the NHL one day, he'll have a name players remember.

At the Montreal Canadiens training facility in Brossard, Que., enforcer Georges Laraque called it one of the worst hits he's seen in hockey.

"But one thing I can say about Gilles Courteau is that he's always been good about giving suspensions and it doesn't matter the name on the back (of the player's jersey)," said Laraque. "I'm pretty sure he'll be fair with that suspension.

"I'd be surprised if that kid (Cormier) played another game this year. When you look at kids that young, they're not even in the NHL yet and they have their whole future ahead of them and they're shaking on the ice like that. That's pretty scary. It's important to send a message to the youth coming up."

In Vancouver, Canucks forward Tanner Glass called it "one of the ugliest hits I've ever seen.

"It was premeditated. He had the elbow up good and early. It's disappointing to see a kid that's trying to play a gritty game, to be a tough player to play against, take liberties like that because it always comes back to haunt you."

His teammate Ryan Johnson said the hit was "completely uncalled for.

"Whether the kid gets up and plays the rest of the game or goes down and convulses, for me, it's not about the result, it's the act."

A statement posted Monday night on the Huskies website said the team wished Tam a quick recovery and return to the ice. It said Cormier was pained by the incident and was following news of Tam's recovery closely. However, it said both Cormier and the team's coach and general manager Andre Tourigny would not comment on the matter.

---------------------------------------

Regarding the last paragraph of the article...I imagine that the "pain" that Cormier is feeling about the incident(as they call it, I call it a gutless play) is NOTHING compared to the pain that Mikael Tam is in. He could have had permanent brain damage for sake! Cormier needs to be gone for the rest of the entire season AND playoffs...and even longer if need be!

It would be bad enough if this was the first time he's thrown an elbow like that, but it wasn't! He is a repeat offender who obviously has NO respect for his fellow players(teammates or not).
Old 01-19-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:

Regarding the last paragraph of the article...I imagine that the "pain" that Cormier is feeling about the incident(as they call it, I call it a gutless play) is NOTHING compared to the pain that Mikael Tam is in. He could have had permanent brain damage for sake! Cormier needs to be gone for the rest of the entire season AND playoffs...and even longer if need be!

It would be bad enough if this was the first time he's thrown an elbow like that, but it wasn't! He is a repeat offender who obviously has NO respect for his fellow players(teammates or not).
I agree with your assessment about the pain Cormier is feeling. I hope he is out for the rest of the season and maybe longer.

It's possible that Tam may not be able to play professional hockey or possibly even any hockey again. We'll never know what his potential was. I do hope Tam makes a full recovery.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I agree with your assessment about the pain Cormier is feeling. I hope he is out for the rest of the season and maybe longer.

It's possible that Tam may not be able to play professional hockey or possibly even any hockey again. We'll never know what his potential was. I do hope Tam makes a full recovery.
I'll post any new articles when they are posted on TSN.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Surprise, surprise! The Leafs blew another one!

They had a 2-0 lead and lost 4-2.

I hate Toskala!
Old 01-21-2010

Quote:
In overtime of Quebec's 3-2 shootout win in Rouyn-Noranda on Sunday afternoon, Cormier crossed the ice to drop Tam with an elbow while the Quebec rearguard was skating through the neutral zone.

The Remparts filed a complaint and Quebec provincial police in Rouyn-Noranda are investigating whether there are grounds for criminal charges against the 19-year-old Cormier.

Cormier was drafted in the second round in 2008 by the New Jersey Devils and it seems that if he makes it to the NHL one day, he'll have a name players remember.

"It was premeditated. He had the elbow up good and early. It's disappointing to see a kid that's trying to play a gritty game, to be a tough player to play against, take liberties like that because it always comes back to haunt you."

"Whether the kid gets up and plays the rest of the game or goes down and convulses, for me, it's not about the result, it's the act."
If you hadn't posted this I would've probably missed the whole story.

Three seconds on the ice before trying to knock an opponent's head off, is about as premeditated as you can get. If a similar assault took place with witnesses on the street you'd expect jail time. That's what he deserves, why should the laws of the land cease to exist once you hit the ice.
Jail time and a very long suspension (why not a lifetime suspension?) should make all hockey players (young and NHL) think about the full consequences of their actions.

As a victim of a serious head injury that stopped me playing rugby, would've stopped me playing hockey and kept me out of football for a few years, I hope the damage to Mikael Tam's brain isn't serious enough to stop him playing.

At least he has no memory of the incident, (same goes for me, I have no memory of the assault that fractured my skull, and can't remember about 3 hours before the incident and maybe 15 more after it).
However, Tam will eventually get to see it on TV, and I'm sure when he watches it, he won't see the victim on the screen as being himself, it will look like it happened to someone else. If he did remember the incident it would be a lot tougher to watch the clip.

As for Cormier being "pained by the incident and was following news of Tam's recovery closely", what bullsht. He's only hoping Tam recovers fully because he might get away with a softer punishment.

If Tam does make a full recovery that shouldn't lessen the punishment, the act of violence should be punished, he's just lucky Tam isn't in an induced coma.

He deserves to be a marked man if he ever makes it to the NHL. And if he plays with the Devils I won't be cheering him.
Old 01-21-2010
Dark Overlord

Well said, dauls.