Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 08-28-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

luvigne is on a distinguished road
Default Billy Corgans internet transphobic argument

Billy Corgan gets in a nasty Internet fight with a guitar pedal engineer and trans advocate

Web drama’s heating up again for Billy Corgan, mere weeks after he announced he’ll be heading up a new professional wrestling organization. This time around, the story involves some nasty back-and-forth between the Smashing Pumpkins frontman and a guitar pedal engineer and transgender activist.

After spending money and collaborating to develop a bass pedal specifically for Corgan (per his request) with no feedback, Devi Ever aired her grievances toward the Smashing Pumpkins frontman on the SP forum site, Netphoria.

From there Billy sent out a series of now-deleted tweets about Ever’s “piece of shit” pedals, her business ethics, and her character. As if the childish fight-picking wasn’t enough, Corgan continually referred to Ever as him/her and he/she for being a transgender woman, and he commented on her appearance—as if calling someone an “ugly pig” is ever a relevant retort.

Outside of his public harassment, Corgan took the feud to Facebook, reportedly sending Ever nasty messages about her post, proving that Corgan doesn’t take well to criticism:
you ugly piece of shit...if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don’t ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you in public about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you’ll never be able to afford so much as to even make a fucking guitar cable.

Calling Corgan’s tweet about her stolen pedal idea libelous, Ever suggested that Corgan’s fuming was only going to make matters worse for him and his proposed lawsuit. The short reply from Ever sent Corgan into an even less comprehensible retort, where he wrote:
you fucked up, you know it, so eat shit, shut the fuck up and accept you’ve attacked someone who tried to HELP YOU. but addicts and self-destructive people like you who HATE THEMSELVES must turn their hate out. if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i’d say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

With assault threats now thrown into the mix, Ever posted a nearly 20-minute Youtube video explaining her side of the story—paying special attention to transgender rights and the disrespect Corgan had shown for them :
In response to Billy Corgan's transphobic comments, slander, and threat of violence.
Theres more info about Corgans tweets and wotnot in the info bit under the youtube video

Oh, here's the original article : http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articl...-with-a,60967/

Last edited by smc; 08-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2011
aw9725

Was very disappointed to hear about this since I like some of Smashing Pumpkin?s music. This afternoon, I did a little research and found out there is actually quite a bit more to this story. Allegedly on his blog BC shares an experience where he went home with someone who was transgendered and left after things got intimate. His comments about the experience were to say the least ?transphobic,? insulting, and uncalled for. I am amazed that someone who has been in the entertainment industry as long as he has would harbor such attitudes toward the LGBT community even worse be so open about sharing them.

Apparently there was a dispute of some kind. However using derogatory language and threatening others with violence is never called for. Unless Mr. Corgan has been working out a lot lately he would be advised to be careful who he makes threats toward.

Thank you to luvigne for sharing this.
Old 08-29-2011
Natalie_J

I was a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins as well back in the 90s, but even then Billy had a bit of a reputation for being an arse. So comments like that from him don't really surprise me, sadly enough.
Old 08-30-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I still enjoy the Smashing Pumpkins(at least their older stuff). Billy Corgan? Not so much. He is one big douche...wait for it....bag.