Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 01-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default How about this for a Winter Classic?

Hockey at Fenway Park was so awesome yesterday that I think next year there should be a short break in the NHL season to allow for a round-robin tournament at Fenway involving the original 6 teams: Bruins, Habs, Leafs, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Redwings.

(Sorry, Jen, but I bet your Flyers would be up for a violent attempt to crash the party!)

What do all you hockey fans think? Wouldn't that be great?! If my dream, by some miracle comes through, I'll host a huge blowout (perhaps even with actual blowing) for all Forum member hockey fans who travel here to the Hub of the Universe for the game!
Old 01-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Hockey at Fenway Park was so awesome yesterday that I think next year there should be a short break in the NHL season to allow for a round-robin tournament at Fenway involving the original 6 teams: Bruins, Habs, Leafs, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Redwings.

(Sorry, Jen, but I bet your Flyers would be up for a violent attempt to crash the party!)

What do all you hockey fans think? Wouldn't that be great?! If my dream, by some miracle comes through, I'll host a huge blowout (perhaps even with actual blowing) for all Forum member hockey fans who travel here to the Hub of the Universe for the game!
Boston is now called Toronto?

A tournament and party in Boston sounds like a great idea and that is as good a reason as any to go to Boston. If I show up early, smc, can you take me to the New Yankee Workshop and to the Silva brothers?

If I remember right, it was about a month ago that Bettman said that the league should possible look at two classic games per season with the second game in Canada. My opinion is Canada should be hosting the classic game as a matter of protocol.
Old 01-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default The real hub and the imagined hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Boston is now called Toronto?

A tournament and party in Boston sounds like a great idea and that is as good a reason as any to go to Boston. If I show up early, smc, can you take me to the New Yankee Workshop and to the Silva brothers?

If I remember right, it was about a month ago that Bettman said that the league should possible look at two classic games per season with the second game in Canada. My opinion is Canada should be hosting the classic game as a matter of protocol.
Ila, I assume your first line has to do with the "hub of the universe" reference in my posting. Let me clear this up. Boston is actually known as the "hub of the universe"; the use of this phrase to describe other cities (e.g., Toronto) has been well documented as a delusion.

Oliver Wendell Holmes used the phrase first to describe our State House (he actually called it the hub of the solar system). If you go to Downtown Crossing in Boston, there is a plaque in the sidewalk in front of where the Filene's building used to be that indicates the exact center of the universe. I remember it from when I was a kid, although it's covered up now with a storage shed of some sort.

My favorite use of this phrase is the famous apocryphal Boston Globe headline we Bostonians occasionally refer to:

2 Hub men die in blast;
New York also destroyed

(Of course, this is Bostonian on another level, too ... we hate New York!)

As for your other requests: I'm not sure about New Yankee Workshop. Do you mean the PBS show with Norm Abrams? His store is actually in Essex Junction, Vermont, so you could stop on the way. Silva Bros., on the other hand, is in nearby Lexington, but I'm not sure there they have anything you can actually visit. They did build the late, lamented set for Victory Garden, but Lexington Gardens (the site), is long gone.

Back to hockey: I would love to see more outdoor games, and I am a big fan of having them in Canada or Quebec.
Old 01-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ila, I assume your first line has to do with the "hub of the universe" reference in my posting. Let me clear this up. Boston is actually known as the "hub of the universe"; the use of this phrase to describe other cities (e.g., Toronto) has been well documented as a delusion.

Oliver Wendell Holmes used the phrase first to describe our State House (he actually called it the hub of the solar system). If you go to Downtown Crossing in Boston, there is a plaque in the sidewalk in front of where the Filene's building used to be that indicates the exact center of the universe. I remember it from when I was a kid, although it's covered up now with a storage shed of some sort.

My favorite use of this phrase is the famous apocryphal Boston Globe headline we Bostonians occasionally refer to:

2 Hub men die in blast;
New York also destroyed

(Of course, this is Bostonian on another level, too ... we hate New York!)
Yes, my first comment was a little dig at Toronto. Just about everyone that doesn't live in Toronto likes to say that those in Toronto think they are the centre of the universe.

Quote:
As for your other requests: I'm not sure about New Yankee Workshop. Do you mean the PBS show with Norm Abrams? His store is actually in Essex Junction, Vermont, so you could stop on the way. Silva Bros., on the other hand, is in nearby Lexington, but I'm not sure there they have anything you can actually visit. They did build the late, lamented set for Victory Garden, but Lexington Gardens (the site), is long gone.
Yep, I meant Norm Abrams. I always suspected that his workshop was in Vermont. I'm not from Quebec so any drive I took to Boston wouldn't take me through Vermont. My comment about the Silva brothers was a little tongue-in-cheek. I like the work Tom Silva does and it would be a pleasure just to meet him.

Quote:
Back to hockey: I would love to see more outdoor games, and I am a big fan of having them in Canada or Quebec.
Some in Quebec may think that they are a separate country, but they are still in Canada.

I'm not so sure that it would be a good idea to have many outdoor games in Canada. It's usually too cold.
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to behold
Default Winter Classic

Quote:
Just back from the Winter Classic. I thought all the hockey fans out there might like to read my impressions.

But first, a note for Transjen -- sorry it had to be your Flyers that lost. But I'm not sorry it was the Bruins that beat 'em!

Once the game started, the first five minutes were as intense as any NHL game I've seen. I don't think I've seen a puck hop this much since the last time I played pond hockey, and that was too many years ago to say. The Flyers scored first (a cheap goal; Tim Thomas was distracted), but threatening again, in the 2nd period, the Bruins demonstrated why they are the #1 penalty killing team in the NHL.

Then came the end. An awesome goal by the Bruins to tie, and then an ending that was just phenomenal: sudden death.

Fenway Park looked awesome for hockey, although the sight lines weren't very good. Retired Bruins numbers were hanging there with the Red Sox. It was Boston sports heaven!!!
Quote:
Fenway looked bizarre. The sight lines were awful. People behind home plate who have awesome seats at a baseball game had to stand the entire time to watch hockey. I was up high enough to see, but binoculars just don't cut it with the fast action of hockey. They showed the match on big screens in the Park, though, which helped.
As a Flyers fan it was a tough to see them lose the Winter Classic that way, and I know how much the hockey fans here at the forum hate overtime and shootouts during the regular season. I watched a repeat of the game on ESPN (UK) yesterday, but I didn't know the score beforehand so it was almost like watching the game live.

I do think the layout of a baseball ground is wrong for hockey. As you said smc some fans behind home plate spent the whole game standing up to catch the action. Perhaps the rink should have run along one of the foul lines rather than across from 1st to 3rd bases.
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'm not from Quebec so any drive I took to Boston wouldn't take me through Vermont.
I realized that it isn't the optimal route, but it would be an option.

Quote:
Some in Quebec may think that they are a separate country, but they are still in Canada.
Sorry to have included you in my regular experiment with Canadians. I like to see how they will answer a seemingly innocent "slip" that seems to separate Canada and Quebec. I usually get no response, your response, something very angry, "Long live Meech Lake!", or "Vive le Qu?bec libre!" I will keep my own view to myself, lest I provoke even more of a non-hockey discussion in this thread.
Old 01-03-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
I realized that it isn't the optimal route, but it would be an option.

Sorry to have included you in my regular experiment with Canadians. I like to see how they will answer a seemingly innocent "slip" that seems to separate Canada and Quebec. I usually get no response, your response, something very angry, "Long live Meech Lake!", or "Vive le Qu?bec libre!" I will keep my own view to myself, lest I provoke even more of a non-hockey discussion in this thread.
Smc, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I actually don't mind if posts slip into off-topic from time to time(I'm guilty of it too.).

Also, any sport is good for this thread. Although it started out as just a hockey thread, it has evolved into a thread where any sport can be discussed(football, soccer, baseball, rugby, etc.).
Old 01-03-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I have to go and get ready for work shortly, but before I do I'll post a quick report about today's games(I'll post yesterday's and the games still not a final for today, tomorrow).

It will not be happy-dance time for two of our favourite members.

1. Buffalo beat Montreal 1-0. Can't really fault anyone on Montreal for this one, as they were unlucky to run into Ryan Miller when he is on unbeatable mode(this is his 5th shutout of the season, tied for 1st in that department)!

2. Ottawa beat Philadelphia 7-4. Philly was down, then they tied it up 4-4, and then gave up 3 goals in the third. Neither team had good goaltending in this one. Philly was doing so well, and now they have lost two straight.

Canada is playing Switzerland as I type this. I hope they play better than they did against the US! Go Canada GO!!!
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

What a crappy way to start the new year, Geez wonder if someone has the Stanleycup from 74/75 or 75/76 so i can watch the Broadstreet bullies kick the Sabers butt
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

The World Junior game between Canada and Switzerland just finished. The final score was 6 - 1 for Canada. Canada now goes on to the gold medal game against the winner of the Sweden - US game.
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
I do think the layout of a baseball ground is wrong for hockey. As you said smc some fans behind home plate spent the whole game standing up to catch the action. Perhaps the rink should have run along one of the foul lines rather than across from 1st to 3rd bases.
Actually, the problem of how far the rink was from the stands was secondary. The primary problem -- and this is just bizarre -- is that people anywhere in the stands (other than the outfield bleachers and the Green Monster seats) who were sitting anywhere in the first 15 or so rows were actually below the level of the rink. That's why they had to stand!!
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

interal is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Actually, the problem of how far the rink was from the stands was secondary. The primary problem -- and this is just bizarre -- is that people anywhere in the stands (other than the outfield bleachers and the Green Monster seats) who were sitting anywhere in the first 15 or so rows were actually below the level of the rink. That's why they had to stand!!
It may have been a nice idea to use Fenway, but to have 15 rows of people sat too low for the ice is as you put it "just bizarre". Isn't there another stadium better suited for hockey in Boston - maybe one of the university stadia?

I hope the next Winter Classic is shown live in the UK rather than 24 hours later. It would be great to put my feet up on New Years Day to watch a game of hockey, sipping a few beers in the early evening - NHL games are always shown after midnight in the UK.
Old 01-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by interal View Post
It may have been a nice idea to use Fenway, but to have 15 rows of people sat too low for the ice is as you put it "just bizarre". Isn't there another stadium better suited for hockey in Boston - maybe one of the university stadia?
Despite your obvious point, I think part of the Winter Classic that the NHL thinks makes it "classic" is to hold it in a venue that has a lot of sports history, and Fenway Park is one of the most storied sports venues in the entire world!
Old 01-04-2010
Dark Overlord

The US beat Sweden 5-2, so it will be a Canada/US gold medal game. If Canada plays the US like they did the last game they will be toast, but if they play like they are supposed to play, then the game will be very evenly matched. No matter what team wins, it should be a great game! I've got Tuesday off, so I think I may watch me some of that game!
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

This one's gonna be big!

Here are the scores from Jan 2nd's games:

1. Carolina beat the Rangers 2-1 in overtime. Carolina won? Yep. The Rangers scored 1 goal...again. Hard to win when that happens.

2. Vancouver beat Dallas 3-1. Daniel Sedin had another point. He has been amazing since coming back from his injury. Luongo was preparing himself for Olympic duty by having another good game.

3. Tampa Bay beat Pittsburgh 3-1. Fourth loss in a row for the Penguins. A little bit of burnout, perhaps?

4. LA beat Washington 2-1. Backstrom left the game with a migraine, hopefully nothing serious. Ovechkin was held pointless, and Quick(LA goalie) played great. He is on the Olympic squad(USA) because of his play this year.

5. The Islanders beat Atlanta 6-5 in the shootout. Ugly finish for an ugly game. Atlanta kept tying up the score, and then giving it right back again. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

6. Colorado beat Columbus 3-2. Columbus lose? No surprise.

7. Calgary beat Toronto 3-1. Way to not show up, guys! Arghhhhhhhh!

8. Chicago beat St. Louis 6-3. Chicago keeps on rolling, and smoked St. Louis on the night of their new head coach's debut. Not a good debut.

9. Nashville beat Anaheim 3-1. Anaheim has been better than Toronto this year, but only marginally. Who would have thought they would stink this bad?

10. New Jersey beat Minnesota 5-3. It looked like Minnesota was going to tie it up(when it became 4-3 NJ) but Langenbrunner got his 3rd goal via the empty net to squash the rally.

11. Detroit beat Phoenix 4-1. Getting 3 goals past Bryzgalov is hard to do(4th goal was an empty net goal), but Detroit was able to do it. Their offense is so inconsistant right now, and that is the main reason for their struggles.

12. San Jose beat Edmonton 4-1. No surprise, since it seems the only team that Edmonton can actually beat are the freaking Leafs! Man, I'm still pissed about that loss!

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 3rd's games:

1. Ottawa beat Philadelphia 7-4. Kovalev scored 4 goals, but I imagine he will disappear again for a month before he has another game like this. This guy is so hard to figure out. The talent is there, but the mentality is not. Poor Jen. I'll bet this one was difficult to watch.

2. Buffalo beat Montreal 1-0. No fault to Montreal at all, as when Ryan Miller is on he is almost impossible to beat. This is Miller's 5th shutout of the season.

3. Florida beat Pittsburgh 6-2. The Penguins actually had a 2-0 lead at one point, and then totally fell apart. This is their 5th loss in a row. They need to wake up soon, otherwise they will find themselves on the outside looking in.

4. Chicago beat Anaheim 5-2. True, Anaheim is not a true test to gauge Chicago's might, but the Hawks look GOOD right now! If they play like this, I honestly think they could take out SJ in the playoffs!

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 4th's games:

1. The Rangers beat Boston 3-2. Boston is third last in goals scored in the entire league(which is surprising, to be honest), and they were dealt a big blow when Bergeron got hit in the hand with a puck. It now looks like he will miss 2-6 weeks with a broken thumb(which sucks for him as he was named to the Canadian Olympic roster).

2. LA beat San Jose 6-2. LA is going to be a good team to watch this year, and like Chicago, could knock San Jose out of the playoffs. Some good teams in the west this year.
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
This one's gonna be big!
1. Ottawa beat Philadelphia 7-4. Kovalev scored 4 goals, but I imagine he will disappear again for a month before he has another game like this. This guy is so hard to figure out. The talent is there, but the mentality is not. Poor Jen. I'll bet this one was difficult to watch.
I know i said i can't wait for baseball season but that doesn't mean i wanted to see a baseball game score in a hockey game

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I know i said i can't wait for baseball season but that doesn't mean i wanted to see a baseball game score in a hockey game

Jerseygirl Jen
A scary thought is that this score was bigger than most of the Cleveland Brown's scores this past NFL season!

I'm curious, Jen. Who is in your current Avatar?

One other thing. If Toronto wins on Wednesday, will you still be my friend?
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
I agree on both counts -- mostly that I can't wait for baseball season to begin. As much as I like hockey, my love of baseball is several orders of magnitude greater, since baseball is the greatest sport ever invented by humans. (Uh-oh, that might start an argument ... which isn't my intent.)
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A scary thought is that this score was bigger than

I'm curious, Jen. Who is in your current Avatar?

One other thing. If Toronto wins on Wednesday, will you still be my friend?
To answer the first question, DYNA-GIRL from an old sat morning tv show called ELECTTRA WOMAN and DYNA-GIRL which is a rip off of the 60s BATMAN tv show

Now for the second question yeah i guess so but will you still be my friend if the FLYERS win?
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I agree on both counts -- mostly that I can't wait for baseball season to begin. As much as I like hockey, my love of baseball is several orders of magnitude greater, since baseball is the greatest sport ever invented by humans. (Uh-oh, that might start an argument ... which isn't my intent.)
Baseball is my top sport also, Even if as a kid i was told i hit like a girl

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default One of my pet peeves

Quote:
Baseball is my top sport also, Even if as a kid i was told i hit like a girl

Jerseygirl Jen
Jen, for a long time I coached softball for girls ages 6 to 14, and that "hit like a girl" remark used as a negative is one of my pet peeves. It's really that there are some fundamentals to stance and swing that girls are not shown because of sexism in society, and without being shown them most girls -- because of their natural body -- tend to do the things that are called that. I am proud to say that to this day I have kids come up to me and say thanks for teaching them how to hit (even their moms, and sometimes their dads, say thanks, too).
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jen, for a long time I coached softball for girls ages 6 to 14, and that "hit like a girl" remark used as a negative is one of my pet peeves. It's really that there are some fundamentals to stance and swing that girls are not shown because of sexism in society, and without being shown them most girls -- because of their natural body -- tend to do the things that are called that. I am proud to say that to this day I have kids come up to me and say thanks for teaching them how to hit (even their moms, and sometimes their dads, say thanks, too).
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone and i'm the last person who would put down girls. As a kid i played little league baseball and i was a good flieder and mostly played shortstop but i was never a good hitter and my team mates use to say i hit like a girl and little did they know that when i grew up i would become a girl so in away i find it funny but by no means was i putting down girls sports
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Please, don't apologize!!!!!!

Quote:
Sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone and i'm the last person who would put down girls. As a kid i played little league baseball and i was a good flieder and mostly played shortstop but i was never a good hitter and my team mates use to say i hit like a girl and little did they know that when i grew up i would become a girl so in away i find it funny but by no means was i putting down girls sports
Jerseygirl Jen
Jen, I am so sorry if you thought from my post that you had been offensive in using the "hit like a girl" words. That is not the case at all. My anger at the phrase is directed at the sexist society that lets such expressions exist for the wrong reasons (as I explained), not at anyone who grows up in that society and uses the phrase because it was put into his or her head. So, please don't worry about it and don't apologize.

By the way, I think it's absolutely great that you were able to "become" the girl you always were!
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jen, I am so sorry if you thought from my post that you had been offensive in using the "hit like a girl" words. That is not the case at all. My anger at the phrase is directed at the sexist society that lets such expressions exist for the wrong reasons (as I explained), not at anyone who grows up in that society and uses the phrase because it was put into his or her head. So, please don't worry about it and don't apologize.

By the way, I think it's absolutely great that you were able to "become" the girl you always were!
Ok no harm done, I bet there where girls who could hit better then i could i mean my dad and the team coach worked with me and all but i still could never hit gurss it's something i just never got the knack of but i still love baseball in fact i still have a lot of baseball cards from the 80s shoved away somewhere rember Dwight Gooden and Bo Jackson?

Thanks you're one of the few people who seem to understand deep down i was always a girl
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
To answer the first question, DYNA-GIRL from an old sat morning tv show called ELECTTRA WOMAN and DYNA-GIRL which is a rip off of the 60s BATMAN tv show

Now for the second question yeah i guess so but will you still be my friend if the FLYERS win?
Jerseygirl Jen
Of course I would.

I thought that Dyna-girl may have been a painted picture of yourself, so that is why I asked.

Here are some scores for games going on right now:

-Toronto and Florida are tied 2-2 with less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd. Now it is 3-2 Toronto! Darn it! They are scoring faster than I can type! LOL!

-Montreal and Washington are tied 1-1...holy crap! It was 1-1 when I checked less than a minute ago and now it is 3-1 Washington. Montreal was getting badly outshot, but it looked like they were holding their own. 3-1 is not an insurrmountable lead, but Montreal needs to pick up their offense if they want to win this one.

-Boston is beating Ottawa 4-0. I guess the yelling they got from their head coach woke up the Bruins!

-New Jersey is beating Dallas 4-0. Dauls will be happy, purplehead not so much.

The rest of the scores are for teams that no one here follows(as far as I know) so I will just put them down in my final report.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

1-0 for Canada against the US in the World Juniors.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ok no harm done, I bet there where girls who could hit better then i could i mean my dad and the team coach worked with me and all but i still could never hit gurss it's something i just never got the knack of but i still love baseball in fact i still have a lot of baseball cards from the 80s shoved away somewhere rember Dwight Gooden and Bo Jackson?

Thanks you're one of the few people who seem to understand deep down i was always a girl
Jerseygirl Jen
I remember 'Doc' Gooden and Bo Jackson.

Reading your posts, it is easy to see how big of a baseball fan you really are. You can tell the fans who are bandwagon jumpers or fair-weather fans, but you are neither one of those. I'll bet you are one of the fans who yells lustily for the player on their team to "hustle their ass to first base" rather than just lope at a slow pace.

Can you imagine if we had been friends way back when Philly and Toronto played each other in the World Series? Man, that would have been some killer conversations I'll bet.
Old 01-05-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here are some scores for games going on right now:

-New Jersey is beating Dallas 4-0. Dauls will be happy, purplehead not so much.
I checked the score not much more than a few minutes ago and saw the Devils leading 2-0, half way through the second period. So 4-0 is a score I can accept. I can't watch it, damn ESPN-UK, but I can at least be happy.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
I checked the score not much more than a few minutes ago and saw the Devils leading 2-0, half way through the second period. So 4-0 is a score I can accept. I can't watch it, damn ESPN-UK, but I can at least be happy.
At least I didn't spoil the score for you.

Damn! Tied 2-2 in the World Junior game.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

SMC, I have read some posts at tsn.ca that call Tim Thomas 'Timmy the Tuna'. Why is it they call him that? He pretty much helped them reach the playoffs last year, and he certainly is not playing that badly this season either.

Why would any fans of Boston call a player that is playing well, a name that is obviously derogatory? I call Toskala names of course, but that is due to the fact that he sucks.
Old 01-05-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
How can anyone forget all those "Bo knows... " adverts. We even got them in the UK and in the late 80s there was no baseball and very little NFL.

Quote:

Reading your posts, it is easy to see how big of a baseball fan you really are. You can tell the fans who are bandwagon jumpers or fair-weather fans, but you are neither one of those. I'll bet you are one of the fans who yells lustily for the player on their team to "hustle their ass to first base" rather than just lope at a slow pace.

Can you imagine if we had been friends way back when Philly and Toronto played each other in the World Series? Man, that would have been some killer conversations I'll bet.
shadows, is that a preemptive low blow, just in case tomorrow night turns into a Leafs' nightmare?
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

shadows, is that a preemptive low blow, just in case tomorrow night turns into a Leafs' nightmare?
Nope. No low blow at all. The series between the Phillies and Blue Jays was an excellent one that could have went either way. Jennifer and I are both big baseball fans and I know that we would have had some interesting conversations about the series.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

3-2 US. Looks like Canada didn't learn from their mistakes the last time they played.
Old 01-05-2010

Quote:
Nope. No low blow at all. The series between the Phillies and Blue Jays was an excellent one that could have went either way. Jennifer and I are both big baseball fans and I know that we would have had some interesting conversations about the series.
Not that excellent for the Phillies.

But 2008... was perfect.
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
How can anyone forget all those "Bo knows... " adverts. We even got them in the UK and in the late 80s there was no baseball and very little NFL.
I loved those old BO KNOWS adverts if fact i still love them hmmnn wonder if youtube has em
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
Wow, I went to dinner and the discussion just blossomed. How could I not remember Doc and Bo?!

Jen, if you ever want some hitting lessons, I'm still an excellent hitting coach.

And you're welcome.
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

You must have been talking to my boyfriend haven't you, He's on of those who silently watchs the game and i'm jumping all over the place and when i get ticked off on a bad call or play he calmly says Jen relax it's only a game
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Timmy the Tuna

Quote:
SMC, I have read some posts at tsn.ca that call Tim Thomas 'Timmy the Tuna'. Why is it they call him that? He pretty much helped them reach the playoffs last year, and he certainly is not playing that badly this season either.

Why would any fans of Boston call a player that is playing well, a name that is obviously derogatory? I call Toskala names of course, but that is due to the fact that he sucks.
You're right that the name sounds derogatory, but it actually isn't. It derives from his rather unconventional style of defending the goal. The first nickname he got was "the flopper" -- and someone decided a tuna flopped and the "T" was a nice alliteration with "Tim".
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You must have been talking to my boyfriend haven't you, He's on of those who silently watchs the game and i'm jumping all over the place and when i get ticked off on a bad call or play he calmly says Jen relax it's only a game
Jerseygirl Jen
It sounds as if the two of us watching a game together could result in a hole in the floor! I'm the same way. Plus, I analyze each and every moment. No one wants to watch with me.

Go Red Sox!!
Old 01-05-2010

Default Bo knows...

Quote:
I loved those old BO KNOWS adverts if fact i still love them hmmnn wonder if youtube has em
Jerseygirl Jen
I was thiking the same thing... Bo Jackson Nike @youtube

I can't remember seeing that one before.

But this one everyone remembers... Bo, you don't know Diddley! @youtube

All the better for the guest appearance of The Great One.

Last edited by dauls; 01-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Wow, I went to dinner and the discussion just blossomed. How could I not remember Doc and Bo?!

Jen, if you ever want some hitting lessons, I'm still an excellent hitting coach.

And you're welcome.
Now that i'm no longer the same little boy i can now look back and see why i couldn't hit and basicaly all the teasing for starters made me believe that i couldn't hit and i'm guessing that when it was my turn to step to the plate i just wanted it to end so i'd swing at anything instead of waiting and picking my pitches to hit
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Now that i'm no longer the same little boy i can now look back and see why i couldn't hit and basicaly all the teasing for starters made me believe that i couldn't hit and i'm guessing that when it was my turn to step to the plate i just wanted it to end so i'd swing at anything instead of waiting and picking my pitches to hit
Jerseygirl Jen
I could fix that forever in 1 hour.
Old 01-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I was thiking the same thing...

But this one everyone remembers... Bo, you don't know Diddley! @youtube

All the better for the guest appearance of The Great One.
Is that the one with BO in a formule race car and Sonny Bono makes a cameo and says i thought this was a Bono's commercial

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
LOL! Nope. But I could tell that you were an passionate fan just from reading your posts. I am like that as well!

"What the heck? A penalty? What do you mean that was a penalty?!?"

"Come on! Hit a 'tater! You freakin' idiot! You swung at ball 4!"

etc., etc.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You're right that the name sounds derogatory, but it actually isn't. It derives from his rather unconventional style of defending the goal. The first nickname he got was "the flopper" -- and someone decided a tuna flopped and the "T" was a nice alliteration with "Tim".
I guess it's good if they mean it that way. There are a few that definitely are not treating it nicely, as in the same sentence they want Boston to punt him and keep Rask in net. A few bad apples spoils the bunch, I guess.

I can find any fault to his playing style, especially since his last name is the same as my first name!
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It sounds as if the two of us watching a game together could result in a hole in the floor! I'm the same way. Plus, I analyze each and every moment. No one wants to watch with me.

Go Red Sox!!
You, me, and Jennifer would probably end up kicked out of the stadium for "causing a ruckus".
Old 01-05-2010

Quote:
Is that the one with BO in a formule race car and Sonny Bono makes a cameo and says i thought this was a Bono's commercial

Jerseygirl Jen
In the first advert "Bo Jackson Nike", Bo drives the Racing Car, Sonny Bono does his cameo and Bo wears at least 25 different outfits. Lasts about 60 seconds.

The "Bo, you don't know Diddley!" advert has Michael Jordan, John McEnroe, Wayne Gretzky's "No", Bo Diddley etc. (30 seconds)
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

5-3 US in the third period. I don't think Canada can come back again.
Old 01-05-2010
Dark Overlord

*eats crow*

Canada tied it up 5-5! It is now going to overtime! Wow! What a game!!!!
Old 01-05-2010

Smile smc caught on camera...

Quote:

Go Red Sox!!
Red Sox fan smc caught on camera.

If you go to every game dressed like this, no wonder no one wants to watch a game with you.
Attached Thumbnails
RedSoxFan.jpg