Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 12-18-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Last nights Flyers game show why i hate these stupid shootout rule and it shows why it needs to be done away with
Jerseygirl Jen
I agree, but as long as Butt-of-all-jokes-man is in charge of the NHL, then it won't be going anywhere.
Old 12-18-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Here are the scores from Dec 17th's games.

Two shootouts and one OT game. BOOOO!!!!
Quote:
Last nights Flyers game show why i hate these stupid shootout rule and it shows why it needs to be done away with
Jerseygirl Jen
Quote:
I agree, but as long as Butt-of-all-jokes-man is in charge of the NHL, then it won't be going anywhere.
Well we had back-to-back nights of OT/SO free hockey, so the run had to end sometime soon and as expected the Flyers were the first victims.

Who will suffer tonight? Although after a nightmare second period I doubt Toronto's game will go beyond 60 minutes tonight.
Old 12-20-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

A Friday/Saturday double win for the Devils.
A 4-2 win over the Senators on Friday, followed by a 5-4 win against the Thrashers after seeing Brodeur pulled at 3-1 down after 20 minutes. Even the greats have bad days.

And what happened in Toronto tonight shadows?
First thing... ESPN-UK actually showed the game!!!
And then I was able to watch the Leafs score twice and record a shutout.
After their collapse in last night's woeful 5-2 thumping by the Sabres, I wasn't expecting them to keep the Bruins at bay for 60 minutes. Just imagine where you'd be if Gustavsson hadn't had the heart problems/surgeries this season. Does this mean more bench time for Toskala?

Sorry, Jen bad night for Flyers against the Rangers... of all teams.

But good news for ila, a 3-0 win at the Islanders. Must've been down to these rookies the Habs used for the first time tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
polar_bear_hockey.jpg  
Old 12-20-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
But good news for ila, a 3-0 win at the Islanders. Must've been down to these rookies the Habs used for the first time tonight.
At last Montreal broke their losing streak. It was happy dance time. A win at the Islanders is even sweeter.

I see you've found Montreal's new lineup.
Old 12-22-2009

Default Brodeur's 104th shutout...

Brodeur now has the shutout record all to himself, and for it to happen in a 4-0 Devils' win over their closest division rivals (Penguins), makes it 'happy dance' time for this Devils fan.

No happy dancing in Philadelphia or Toronto , but in Montreal the new rookies are causing quite a stir, back-to-back wins for the Habs and those cheeky rookies show that when you come from behind late in the 3rd period, even an OT win deserves a happy dance.
Attached Thumbnails
polar_bear_dance.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brodeur now has the shutout record all to himself, and for it to happen in a 4-0 Devils' win over their closest division rivals (Penguins), makes it 'happy dance' time for this Devils fan.
I think shadows may be wishing Toronto had picked up Brodeur a long time ago.

Quote:
No happy dancing in Philadelphia or Toronto , but in Montreal the new rookies are causing quite a stir, back-to-back wins for the Habs and those cheeky rookies show that when you come from behind late in the 3rd period, even an OT win deserves a happy dance.
The attached picture looks something like my happy dance.
Old 12-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Thought a word on the Bruins was in order. They won last night, and Milan Lucic says he may be able to skate for a while in the Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Fenway Park!
Old 12-23-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I'm waaaay behind in my reports.

Here are the scores from Dec. 18th's games.

1. New Jersey beat Ottawa 4-2. Ottawa was feeling pretty good about themselves...until they faced the Devils.

2. Buffalo beat Toronto 5-2. Actually, Buffalo beat Toskala. He sucked royally! I honestly don't think he likes the pressure of fighting for the #1 spot. When the Monster was on IR, Toskala played okay, but when he came back, Toskala went back to sucking again. Ugh.

3. Florida beat Carolina 6-3. More of the same for Carolina.

4. Tampa Bay beat St. Louis 6-3. Go figure. Tampa finally found some offense.

5. Chicago beat Boston 5-4 in the shootout. Close game until the shootout. Boston couldn't score in the shootout, while Chicago converted on both of their shots.

6. Vancouver beat Washington 3-2.

----------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Dec. 19th's games.

1. The Rangers beat Philadelphia 2-1. An unfortunate fact that Philly has scored less times than the Rangers. The Rangers outplayed Philly until they scored their first goal 5 minutes into the game. After that, it was ALL Philly but Lundqvist stole the victory for the Rangers.

2. Dallas beat Detroit 4-3. Bertuzzi scored a couple of goals in this one.

3. Anaheim beat Phoenix 4-2. Darn it.

4. Nashville beat Calgary 5-3. Calgary is slumping.

5. Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 2-1 in the shootout. Close game.

6. Toronto beat Boston 2-0. Finally! They were able to finally beat Boston, and with a shutout no less! Sweeeeet!

7. Ottawa beat Minnesota 4-1. Was the replacement equipment that Minnesota had to use due to the fire in their equipment van a factor? We may never know...

8. Montreal beat the Islanders 3-0. Halak is really trying to impress the teams that may trade for him as he played very well.

9. Carolina beat Florida 3-2. Carolina won? Bizarre!

10. New Jersey beat Atlanta 5-4. New Jersey survived a shaky performance(and subsequent pulling) from Brodeur. The way they were shooting the pucks towards Pavolec, I figured it was only a matter of time before they scored a few goals. However, I didn't think they would dominate as much as they did the rest of the game.

11. Colorado beat Columbus 5-2. Columbus is horrible right now.

12. Washington beat Edmonton 4-2. Unfortunately, not a big surprise to be honest.

------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Dec. 20th's games.

1. Chicago beat Detroit 3-0. This was Huet's second straight shutout.

2. St. Louis beat Vancouver 3-1. Vancouver should hang their heads over this one. St. Louis was last in the West, and Vancouver took them too lightly which cost them dearly.

-------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Dec. 21st's games.

1. Buffalo beat Toronto 3-2 in overtime. Ryan Miller(the Buffalo goalie) totally bailed out Buffalo in this game. Toronto should have won this game, but they ran into a goalie who has been excellent the majority of games this year.

2. Tampa Bay beat the Islanders 4-2. The Islanders are floundering right now.

3. Florida beat Philadelphia 4-1. If Philly doesn't wake up soon, it has the potential to be one of the greatest collapses of all time!

4. The Rangers beat Carolina 3-1. Not a big surprise.

5. Montreal beat Atlanta 4-3 in overtime. To be honest, Halak bailed out Montreal in this game. He made 47 saves in the victory. I really think he will be getting traded shortly, especially with the way he is playing recently.

6. Boston beat Ottawa 2-0. A measure of revenge from a game between them earlier in the year.

7. New Jersey beat Pittsburgh 4-0. A game after getting yanked, Brodeur breaks the all-time shutout record. Congrats to a fellow Canuck!

8. Colorado beat Minnesota 4-3.

9. San Jose beat Dallas 4-2. They are back on the winning track, it seems.

10. St. Louis smoked Edmonton 7-2. Ugly, ugly, UGLY!

11. Phoenix beat Columbus 5-2. Speaking of ugly...

-------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Dec. 22nd's games.

1. San Jose beat Chicago 3-2. San Jose got VERY lucky. Nabokov was the ONLY reason they won this game, as they were badly outshot by Chicago.

2. Anaheim beat Colorado 4-2. A come-from-behind victory for Anaheim.

3. Vancouver beat Nashville 4-1. I thought for sure that Luongo was going to get a shutout the night after Brodeur the way he was playing(since they are both fighting for the #1 spot on the Team Canada hockey team).
Old 12-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Default World Junior Tournament

Does anyone follow the World Junior Hockey Tournament that starts on Decemeber 26th?

Does anyone want to guess right now who will win?

I think Canada has a good chance to make it 6 wins in a row. They have a very talented and strong team.
Old 12-23-2009

Quote:
I'm waaaay behind in my reports.
for the lengthy round-up shadows. It's about time the Leafs showed a similar level of commitment for 60 mins. Tonight was a bad loss at the Islanders.

Another night off for the Devils, and another frustrating night of NBA on ESPN-UK (sht!) It would've been nice if they'd showed one of the following games...

* Good win for the Flyers over Tampa - Jen, what did Laviolette say to them between the 2nd and 3rd periods?
* And also for the Habs over the Hurricanes - those lucky rookies are on a roll .

Merry Xmas fellow hockey fans.
Old 12-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Does anyone follow the World Junior Hockey Tournament that starts on Decemeber 26th?

I think Canada has a good chance to make it 6 wins in a row. They have a very talented and strong team.
It's next to impossiable to get decent covaege of the NHL here in the states and i dout the World junior tourment will get even a two second mention on ESPN as they only care about the NBA and NFL

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-24-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Ila, I think Canada has a very good chance to win it this year. Sweden was a team that gave them trouble in the past, but they lost a lot of their good players to the NHL. They are more defensively minded than in years past, but their defense has potential to score goals on the rush. I like their chances.

As for the Men's Olympic team? Man, that is a crapshoot. I think Russia will have a good team this year and will be a tough team to beat(Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin...).
Old 12-24-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
for the lengthy round-up shadows. It's about time the Leafs showed a similar level of commitment for 60 mins. Tonight was a bad loss at the Islanders.

Another night off for the Devils, and another frustrating night of NBA on ESPN-UK (sht!) It would've been nice if they'd showed one of the following games...

* Good win for the Flyers over Tampa - Jen, what did Laviolette say to them between the 2nd and 3rd periods?
* And also for the Habs over the Hurricanes - those lucky rookies are on a roll .

Merry Xmas fellow hockey fans.
Thanks for the and the Rep, dauls.

I really wish the Leafs would wake up and play a full game of hockey. To lose to the Islanders(and waste a good goaltending game by the Monster) after the Islanders have been so horrible the past few games is inexcusable! Arghhhh!

And with that....

Here are the scores from Dec. 23rd's games.

1. Boston beat Atlanta 6-4. Certainly no goaltending duel this game.

2. The Islanders beat Toronto 3-1. The Monster only gave up 2 goals(the third was an empty net goal), but the offense decided to take an early Christmas break! A lump of coal(or another lump of something!) for them! Bah humbug!!!

3. The Rangers beat Florida 4-1. Great. More points between them and the Leafs now. They picked a perfect time to start laying eggs again.

4. Pittsburgh crushed Ottawa 8-2. Pascal Leclaire returned in net for Ottawa after suffering an injury on the bench a while back. Perhaps he should have stayed away another game. Malkin had a hat-trick and Crosby had 3 assists.

5. Washington beat Buffalo 5-2. Washington was firing on all cylinders tonight.

6. Montreal beat Carolina 5-1. Montreal as a team played better tonight than other games in recent memory, but again Halak was the difference. He made 46 saves in the victory, and Cam Ward(Carolina goalie) was not sharp. He let in 3 goals off 7 shots(he must be taking tips from Toskala. Bad career move, Ward!).

7. Minnesota beat Edmonton 3-1. Yet another loss for Edmonton. Yikes!

8. Philadelphia beat Tampa Bay 5-2. Jennifer can do the double happy dance for this one! Philly won, and they beat Tampa Bay as well!

9. Chicago beat Detroit 3-0. Second game in a row where Chicago shutout Detroit. The first had Huet getting the shutout, and this time it was Niemi. The guy's started only 10 games, yet he has 4 shutouts. I think he's going to be a great goalie in the years to come(he's only 26!).

10. Dallas beat Columbus 3-1. Columbus is just plain horrible! Purplehead should be happy that Dallas is playing well right now, but I have not seen her post in this thread in a while.

11. Phoenix beat Anaheim 4-0. Sweet! Another shutout for Bryzgalov! That helped me in the pool immensely!

12. St. Louis beat Calgary 2-1 in the shootout. Calgary had another night of struggling to score goals.

Well, that is it folks. There are no more NHL games scheduled until December 26th. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year!
Old 12-27-2009
Dark Overlord

Hockey is BACK! Unfortunately, a couple of our teams decided to give us a lump of coal in our stockings tonight.

Here are the scores from Dec. 26th's games:

1. Ottawa beat Buffalo 3-2 in the shootout. Not a very auspicious start to the post-Christmas hockey season!

2. Montreal beat Toronto 3-2 in overtime. I feel that Toronto should have won this game, but Halak shut the door again. Toronto had 49 shots and Montreal only had 23. Montreal needs to stop relying on Halak(and Price when he is playing) and start going on offensive spurts. That way, you can still win games even if your goalie has an off night. At least Toronto got a point out of it. It was a good game, when all is said and done. Did you get a chance to watch it, Ila?

3. The Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 in overtime. Three games in a row that went past regulation! Ugh! The Rangers had trouble scoring again.

4. Washington beat New Jersey 4-1. The Devils must have drank too much egg nog over the holidays, as they didn't play well. Sorry dauls! I feel your pain, my friend!

5. Philadelphia beat Carolina 4-3 in the shootout. Philly almost blew this game! At least Jennifer got a candy cane in her stocking unlike the coal that dauls and myself got.

6. Detroit beat Columbus 2-1. If you are a team with a losing streak, the team to play would be Columbus. They stink!

7. Tampa Bay beat Atlanta 4-3. Close game!

8. Chicago beat Nashville 4-1. Chicago is hot right now! They are getting some good scoring opportunities and some great goaltending.

9. Minnesota beat St. Louis 4-3. This is my "meh" game of the night.

10. Phoenix beat LA 3-2. Both of these teams are surprising with regards to how well they are playing!

11. Colorado beat Dallas 4-1.

12. Vancouver beat Edmonton 4-1. Edmonton and Columbus are both pretty crappy right now!

13. San Jose beat Anaheim 5-2. Number 13 wasn't very lucky for the Ducks!
Old 12-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hockey is BACK! Unfortunately, a couple of our teams decided to give us a lump of coal in our stockings tonight.

Here are the scores from Dec. 26th's games:
5. Philadelphia beat Carolina 4-3 in the shootout. Philly almost blew this game! At least Jennifer got a candy cane in her stocking unlike the coal that dauls and myself got.
Ok crank up JOAN JETT'S DO YOU WANNA TOUCH so i can do my happy dance

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-27-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
2. Montreal beat Toronto 3-2 in overtime. I feel that Toronto should have won this game, but Halak shut the door again. Toronto had 49 shots and Montreal only had 23. Montreal needs to stop relying on Halak(and Price when he is playing) and start going on offensive spurts. That way, you can still win games even if your goalie has an off night. At least Toronto got a point out of it. It was a good game, when all is said and done. Did you get a chance to watch it, Ila?
The game was on CBC out here. I turned on the tv with the express purpose of checking out the game. I ended up sidetracked and never did watch it.

I'm glad that Montreal won, but you're right that they have to play more offensively. For that matter, they haven't played defensively too well either. They've relied too much on Halak and Price all season.
Old 12-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

purplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the rough

The Dallas Stars have been consistently inconsistent.

Win one, lose one, lose in overtime or a shoot out.

Hopefully, they will get it together.

They did move Mike Modano onto the wing-looks like this will work.

The big story in the Southwest is, of course, the Cowboys. Are they the team that shut down the vaunted Saints offense or was that just a mirage?

Hopefully, they will take care of business tonight in Washington and then take care of the Eagles.
Old 12-27-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ok crank up JOAN JETT'S DO YOU WANNA TOUCH so i can do my happy dance

Jerseygirl Jen
*cranks up some Joan Jett so Jen can do her Happy Dance*
Old 12-27-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The game was on CBC out here. I turned on the tv with the express purpose of checking out the game. I ended up sidetracked and never did watch it.

I'm glad that Montreal won, but you're right that they have to play more offensively. For that matter, they haven't played defensively too well either. They've relied too much on Halak and Price all season.
On the bright side, at least you have some goalies that you can rely on. Gustavsson is still green and Toskala is pure garbage. Wanna switch goalies?
Old 12-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehead View Post
The Dallas Stars have been consistently inconsistent.

Win one, lose one, lose in overtime or a shoot out.

Hopefully, they will get it together.

They did move Mike Modano onto the wing-looks like this will work.

The big story in the Southwest is, of course, the Cowboys. Are they the team that shut down the vaunted Saints offense or was that just a mirage?

Hopefully, they will take care of business tonight in Washington and then take care of the Eagles.
When are the Dallas Cowboy's not the top sports story in the southwest?

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

purplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
When are the Dallas Cowboy's not the top sports story in the southwest?

Jerseygirl Jen
I cannot think of too many times when the Cowboys were not the top sports story.

With the NFL season headed into playoff mode, they certainly are front and center.

With that said, the Dallas Stars make a national TV appearance against the Blackhawks on December 29
Old 12-28-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec. 27th's games:

1. Do the happy dance again, Jennifer! Philadelphia beat the Islanders 2-1. It sounds like it should have been 3-1 but Philly had a goal taken back.

2. Boston beat Florida 2-1. A little bit of deja vu...especially when I do up the Dec. 28th report later tonight.

3. Buffalo beat St. Louis 5-3. A bounce-back win for Buffalo after their poor showing their previous game.

4. Toronto beat Pittsburgh 4-3! And with Toskala in net! A Christmas miracle indeed! It's hard to believe that we beat the team that crushed Ottawa 8-2 earlier in the week.

5. Chicago beat Nashville 5-4. Kane won it for Chicago with less than a minute left in the game. Better to win this way, eh Ila?

6. Vancouver beat Calgary 5-1. Kiprusoff got pulled in this game.

Wow! Another night without any games going beyond regulation!

Last edited by shadows; 12-29-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Here are the scores from Dec. 27th's games:

1. Do the happy dance again, Jennifer! Philadelphia beat the Islanders 2-1. It sounds like it should have been 3-1 but Philly had a goal taken back.

Wow! Another night without any games going beyond regulation!
I got the stero cranked up blasting Joan Jett's DO YOU WANNA TOUCH and i'm doing my happy dance
Old 12-28-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I got the stero cranked up blasting Joan Jett's DO YOU WANNA TOUCH and i'm doing my happy dance
Pictures, we want to see pictures!

In all seriousness, you'd be better at doing a happy dance than I ever would.
Old 12-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 28th's games:

1. New Jersey beat Atlanta 3-2. The Devils are back in the winning column, dauls must be happy about that. Speaking of dauls...where are you buddy?

2. Carolina beat Washington 6-3. Big-time shocker! I thought for sure that once Washington got to 4-3 they would take over the game, but that was not the case. Eric Staal(good Canadian kid!) had 2 goals and 3 assists in the game. It hurt me in the hockey pool, but it helps his chances to make it to the Olympics.

3. Columbus beat Detroit 1-0. Detroit gets shut out two times in a row by Chicago(3-0 both times), they only score 2 goals in their next game against Columbus, and then get shut out again in this game. I think it is safe to say that Detroit is hurting big time in the offense department.

4. No happy dance for our favourite bear tonight. Ottawa beat Montreal 4-2. The Habs actually had a good number of shots on net, so their offense was not to blame. Just one of those games, perhaps?

5. Tampa Bay beat Boston 2-1. Remember in my previous report I said the Boston score was deja vu? Yep. You guessed it. The same score(just different winners) as Boston's last game.

6. Calgary beat Edmonton 4-1. Not really a shocker, as both Edmonton and Columbus are the two teams that are playing the worst hockey right now(in the Western Conference).

7. Minnesota beat LA 4-3. LA ties it up late in the third, and then Minnesota scores the winner 12 seconds later. A heart-breaker!

8. San Jose beat Phoenix 3-2 in the shootout. Darn it! I wanted Bryzgalov to get me two more points, but Phoenix couldn't score. Nabokov played well again.
Old 12-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec. 29th's games. Except for purplehead(Dallas), no one's teams played tonight.

1. Buffalo beat Pittsburgh 4-3. Even thought Ryan Miller got pulled, his team ended up with the victory. It doesn't happen often, but it looks like it does.

2. The Islanders beat Columbus 2-1 in the shootout. Columbus had 42 shots on net, so they at least tried to win. As has been the case too many times this season, they failed.

3. Nashville beat St. Louis 4-3. St. Louis almost came back, but it was a case of too little, too late for them.

4. Dallas beat Chicago 5-4. Huet got pulled, but unlike the result in Buffalo's game, the end result was different.

5. Phoenix beat Vancouver 3-2 in the shootout. I hate the shootout. It sucks.

6. Anaheim beat Minnesota 4-2. Bobby Ryan had 2 goals and 1 assist. It looks like he is starting to heat up!

Small night for hockey. Tomorrow there are 8 games, and all the teams of the usual suspects that post here are playing. Go Leafs GO!!!!
Old 12-31-2009
Dark Overlord

It is with a heavy heart that I make this Report for the Dec 30th games. The Leafs sucked a lemon against a team they should have beaten...the Edmonton Oilers. ArgghhhhhhHH!!!!!!!

1. Boston beat Atlanta 4-0. Why did we give up Rask for Andrew Raycrap again? Please, can someone tell me, WHY?!?!?!?!?!

2. New Jersey beat Pittsburgh 2-0. I'll bet Brodeur wishes that he could play Pittsburgh all the time. The Pens better hope they don't meet up with the Devils in the playoffs this year...

3. Philadelphia beat the Rangers 6-0. Third shutout in a row. Looks like Philly is coming around.

4. Montreal beat Tampa Bay 2-1 in overtime. Looks like dauls, Jennifer, and Ila will be doing happy dances....but not me....

5. Colorado beat Ottawa 4-3. Ottawa almost came back, but they didn't complete the rally.

6. Calgary beat LA 2-1. *snore*

7. Edmonton beat Toronto 3-1. I am really getting pissed off with the fact that they can beat teams like the Pittsburgh Penguins, but they suck eggs against teams like Edmonton and the Islanders, teams that they SHOULD be beating. This team is SO frustrating!

8. San Jose beat Washington 5-2. Pretty easy to win when you are awarded 2 penalty shots. That's right! TWO! You don't see that very often.

I got hammered in the pool tonight. I got 2 measly points. Ouch.
Old 12-31-2009

Devils shutout the Penguins 2-0. That's another one for Brodeur.

But can a Devil pull off the Happy Dance?
Attached Thumbnails
devil_dancing.gif  
Old 12-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Devils shutout the Penguins 2-0. That's another one for Brodeur.

But can a Devil pull off the Happy Dance?
Since you are able to do the Happy Dance, and I am not....well how about a little Rep.

So, you getting ready for New Year's? (I created this thread, so a little off-topic won't kill us.)
Old 12-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Phillie beats NY and Tampa lost so what could be better so it's a double happy dance tonight
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Phillie beats NY and Tampa lost so what could be better so it's a double happy dance tonight
Jerseygirl Jen
Toronto could have won as well. That would have been better. *pout*
Old 12-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Well will an electronic and make you feel better?
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
Yep. Thank you!
Old 12-31-2009

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
That was thoughtful Jen.
But I'd have thought a long suffering Leafs fan would be very, very, very familiar with the agony of defeat by now!
Attached Thumbnails
leafs_fan.jpg  
Old 12-31-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
That was thoughtful Jen.
But I'd have thought a long suffering Leafs fan would be very, very, very familiar with the agony of defeat by now!
Ouch! That was a hit below the belt!

(By the way, I sent you a PM.)
Old 01-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter Classic!!!

Just back from the Winter Classic. I thought all the hockey fans out there might like to read my impressions.

But first, a note for Transjen -- sorry it had to be your Flyers that lost. But I'm not sorry it was the Bruins that beat 'em!

So, the opening ceremonies were kinda cool. Dropkick Murphys played. Even with James Taylor singing the Star Spangled Banner quite beautifully, I think Canada has a better national anthem (it ought to be a song people without extensive vocal training can sing, don't you think?). Bobby Clarke and Bobby Orr taking the first puck drop ... I was sure Clarke (who seems to have front teeth now, as my binoculars revealed) was going to deck the army guy who dropped it. Then I thought he might try to knock down the flyover Stealth Bomber with his stick. But I guess he really is old. An old Broad Street Bully.

Once the game started, the first five minutes were as intense as any NHL game I've seen. I don't think I've seen a puck hop this much since the last time I played pond hockey, and that was too many years ago to say. The Flyers scored first (a cheap goal; Tim Thomas was distracted), but threatening again, in the 2nd period, the Bruins demonstrated why they are the #1 penalty killing team in the NHL.

Then came the end. An awesome goal by the Bruins to tie, and then an ending that was just phenomenal: sudden death.

Fenway Park looked awesome for hockey, although the sight lines weren't very good. Retired Bruins numbers were hanging there with the Red Sox. It was Boston sports heaven!!!
Old 01-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

What a way to start the new year now i need a hug
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Here you go

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen

It would have been fun to go together. I would have even endured a Bruins loss (which is how things looked for most of the time, anyhow).
Old 01-01-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
Since you had given me a hug when my beloved Leafs had fallen to the Oilers, I will give you one as well. At least Philly lost to a good team, and the game could have gone either way.

(Smc, the refs gave the game to Boston!)

Just kidding, of course, but I had to say it since the ref I(and all other Leaf fans) most despise was there(Kerry Frasor).
Old 01-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thanks SMC and Shadows i needed that
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-01-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thanks SMC and Shadows i needed that
Jerseygirl Jen
No problem. That is what friends are for.
Old 01-02-2010
Dark Overlord

It's going to be a 2 for 1 report tonight.

Here are the scores from Dec. 31st's games:

1. Montreal beat Florida 5-4. A close one! I thought for sure that Montreal was trying to lose, what with all the times they continued to give up their lead. The offense helped out Halak who did not have a particularly sharp game.

2. Ottawa beat the Islanders 3-2 in the shootout.

3. Detroit beat Colorado 4-2. Detroit scored more goals in this game than their previous 4 games combined(a 3-0 loss, a 3-0 loss, a 2-1 win, and a 1-0 loss)!

4. Nashville beat Columbus 2-1 in overtime. Columbus lost? I am surprised!

5. San Jose beat Phoenix 3-2 in the shootout. If Phoenix could learn how to score in the shootout, they may have actually won this game.

6. Vancouver beat St. Louis 4-3 in overtime. A comeback win for Vancouver, who were down 3-1 in the third period.

7. The Rangers beat Carolina 2-1. Carolina was lucky they weren't blown out this game, as the shot count heavily favoured the Rangers.

8. LA beat Minnesota 5-2. First points for Frolov in quite a long time. Kopitar has cooled off immensely from the torrid start he had to the season.

9. Dallas beat Anaheim 5-3. I am sure that Purplehead will be quite pleased with this.

10. Chicago beat New Jersey 5-1. I think the Devils ran into a very hot team right now, who's goaltending, defense, and offense are ALL clicking.

11. Calgary beat Edmonton 2-1. Apparently the Oilers refused to pay their entire bill from when they ate at a Calgary restaurant after this game. They must have still been angry that they stink so bad this year!

------------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from Jan 1st's games:

1. Boston beat Philadelphia 2-1 in overtime. Close game, but the atmosphere looked to be intense. This would have been a game that I would have loved to have attended, especially if some of my friends from here could have attended it with me.

2. Buffalo beat Atlanta 4-3 in overtime. Only two games and they both go into overtime? Arghhhhh! Buffalo was badly outplayed in this game, but it looks like Ryan Miller stole the show again.

And one last hockey related item!

Canada comes back from a 4-2 deficit in the third period to win the game 5-4 in the shootout against the US team! The US played excellent, and Canada was lucky to get the victory. Kudos to both teams!
Old 01-02-2010

Quote:
Here are the scores from Dec. 31st's games:

10. Chicago beat New Jersey 5-1. I think the Devils ran into a very hot team right now, who's goaltending, defense, and offense are ALL clicking.
Maybe the Devils in their 3rd game in 4 nights were a bit tired against a form team.

I'm glad this one wasn't on ESPN-UK. If it had been I'd have recorded it and then sat down to watch it with a hangover in the morning on New Years Day, I'm happy I didn't start 2010 watching the Devils get thumped.
Old 01-02-2010

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
Tough way to lose the big game Jen.

Stupid fing ESPN-UK didn't show the game live, they're showing it today, twice!!! It takes the entertainment out of sport, knowing the score before watching the game. However I will watch a bit of it to see what Fenway looks like with it's diamond hidden under ice.
Old 01-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I will watch a bit of it to see what Fenway looks like with it's diamond hidden under ice.
Fenway looked bizarre. The sight lines were awful. People behind home plate who have awesome seats at a baseball game had to stand the entire time to watch hockey. I was up high enough to see, but binoculars just don't cut it with the fast action of hockey. They showed the match on big screens in the Park, though, which helped.

I also DVRed the Winter Classic so I could see what it looked like on television. There are some particularly cool aerial shots.

Enjoy.
Old 01-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Kerry Frasor

Quote:
Just kidding, of course, but I had to say it since the ref I(and all other Leaf fans) most despise was there(Kerry Frasor).
Shadows, did you know there is a Facebook group called "Kerry Frasor is a douchebag"? It has this description:

"For all those of you who hate Frasor and his shitty calls and his terrible haircut."

Old 01-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Shadows, did you know there is a Facebook group called "Kerry Frasor is a douchebag"? It has this description:

"For all those of you who hate Frasor and his shitty calls and his terrible haircut."

If I belonged to Facebook, I would sign up for that one for sure! What is your opinion of him? I'm glad they forced him to wear a helmet! LOL! Of course, the guy put so much hair spray in it I'm sure the puck would just bounce right off if it hit him in the melon!
Old 01-02-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Canada comes back from a 4-2 deficit in the third period to win the game 5-4 in the shootout against the US team! The US played excellent, and Canada was lucky to get the victory. Kudos to both teams!
Canada played a piss poor game. They went out and dogged it for three periods and almost paid the price. Hopefully they won't take the playoff games with the same attitude.

On a slightly related note, I see the Olympic team picked up Brodeur for goalie. That can only be good news.
Old 01-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Canada played a piss poor game. They went out and dogged it for three periods and almost paid the price. Hopefully they won't take the playoff games with the same attitude.

On a slightly related note, I see the Olympic team picked up Brodeur for goalie. That can only be good news.
I don't think you will see the same Canadian team next game. By this I mean they will play with a hell of a lot more intensity and drive to win than they did during the US game. Their coach will make sure that will be the case! At least they better!

Brodeur for the Olympic team is excellent news! He is a phenominal goalie!
Old 01-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
If I belonged to Facebook, I would sign up for that one for sure! What is your opinion of him? I'm glad they forced him to wear a helmet! LOL! Of course, the guy put so much hair spray in it I'm sure the puck would just bounce right off if it hit him in the melon!
Even when his shitty calls go the way of the Bruins, I can tell they're shitty. I think that probably answers your question.