Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 02-18-2008
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

SSL has disabled reputation
Default Forum members' reputation

I've been asked several times about the reputation system at Trans Ladyboy and about the way it works. Here's what a forum software manual says about it:

Quote:
User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.
Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.
Except for the number of green rectangles under your post count that all other users see, reputation also affects the number of pictures one can view per day.
Old 02-18-2008
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

Here are current reputation level names (default from vbulletin) in accending order. I wish it was something more related to the forum's theme, but my imagination fails me..

User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

Some people wrote that they can't view movies (I guess the swf), cuz they have not enough reputation. Does that mean, if I post some swf, that not every member can view it? Is that true?
There are no previews of swf, is it better to post a previw gif, so everyone can see what the swf shows, or describe the swf?
Old 10-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

just102 is on a distinguished road

what are the levels of rep then???

Ive seen comments from ppl that have 5 posts being able to see files

yet I have about 200 and still cant see them
Old 10-14-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post
Some people wrote that they can't view movies (I guess the swf), cuz they have not enough reputation. Does that mean, if I post some swf, that not every member can view it? Is that true?
There are no previews of swf, is it better to post a previw gif, so everyone can see what the swf shows, or describe the swf?
I can't even view swf. It may be just my computer settings. If possible please post as gif.
Old 10-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

just102 is on a distinguished road

I think somthings broken
Old 10-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

If I click the swf a little window open and ask me if I want to download it or open whith my Firefox. It works only with downloading. Have you tryed this? Or does the window don't come?

There is so much color lost if I make a gif.
Old 10-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I've posted the swf to see that it's works, so I don't spent hours with creating more for nothing. Until now I've tested it 3 times, and downloading works. The original files are on my extern HDD, I switched it off, downloaded it and I was able to see it.

I use Firefox with noskrit, but allow transladyboy.com skrips, and have disabled cookies. I block more than the most people I know.

Direct after the registration I was able to see pics, but highly limited, not sure about swf.
Old 10-16-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Devil is on a distinguished road

Sorry to ask this, but I'm still a bit confused (I think).

If I'm understanding the rep system correctly, then certain abilities, like how many images you can view and whether you can post links, are granted automatically when you do something (e.g., hit X posts), while others, like the ability to watch videos, are something that a mod has to approve?

Am I right about that?
Old 10-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Sorry to ask this, but I'm still a bit confused (I think).

If I'm understanding the rep system correctly, then certain abilities, like how many images you can view and whether you can post links, are granted automatically when you do something (e.g., hit X posts), while others, like the ability to watch videos, are something that a mod has to approve?

Am I right about that?
If you make posts you can see more pics, but don't do useless posts(Forum Rules).
And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemale Sex Lover View Post
... , reputation also affects the number of pictures one can view per day.
And as Shemale Sex Lover said:
Reputation can vote higher (or lower?) by other members. The green rectangles on the right side. If your hold your mouse over it you see the reputation level names.

I think i't the same with videos, but I'm not sure about it. I, defently can view them after downloading.
Old 10-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SweetCharmer will become famous soon enough

y'know apart from a couple of people on this forum everyone has forgotten about the rep system. i for one have stopped giving people rep coz i don't see the point in it anymore
Old 10-17-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I only want to know why so many people can't view swf? And if it has something to do with the reputation.
Old 08-27-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

This thread deserves a bump as there are answers to questions that some members have asked.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Cool SWF Uploading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post
I only want to know why so many people can't view swf? And if it has something to do with the reputation.
It has nothing to do with reputation. SWF (shockwave/flash) files need to be embedded in order to be viewed in a browser. This forum software doesnt allow us to embed. Me and SSL tried it once upon a time and it didnt work. If you have swf player, then you can download swf files to your HDD and play them. But even so, you will need special permissions from Admin SSL or a moderator to upload swf files, because no such provision is there.

But considering the very low filesize of swf files, I dont think it will affect the bandwidth anymore than most of the bigger images here.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
If you have swf player, then you can download swf files to your HDD and play them. But even so, you will need special permissions from Admin SSL or a moderator to upload swf files, because no such provision is there.
Every member can attach swf files up to 488.3KB. I don't think that I got special permissions to upload them.
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Hey, now that you say it, ... I have not noticed it earlier! I guess, I have never looked for it. It must have been added recently.(since 2009). The last time I uploaded an swf file, I had to request SSL. Then he sent me a link via PM. I was supposed to keep that link a "secret". Then he put that swf file in my thread. Does it sound very complicated?
example

The movie can be opened or downloaded. My browser opens it directly in Macromedia Flash player.

Last edited by sesame; 08-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Naked Freedom is a jewel in the roughNaked Freedom is a jewel in the roughNaked Freedom is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Hey, now that you say it, ... I have not noticed it earlier! I guess, I have never looked for it. It must have been added recently.(since 2009). The last time I uploaded an swf file, I had to request SSL. Then he sent me a link via PM. I was supposed to keep that link a "secret". Then he put that swf file in my thread. Does it sound very complicated?
example

The movie can be opened or downloaded. My browser opens it directly in Macromedia Flash player.
it gets downloaded as spectator.swf.htm .....??? i'm a bit puzzled on this....
i had selected open with flv player....
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

twistedone has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Cool, nice to know my bad reputation is still intact. :D
Old 12-03-2010
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

Bump for more answers