Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 11-29-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

RawrKitten is on a distinguished road
Default My Transsexual Summer

This might be more for the UK folk, but have you guys checked out 'My Transsexual Summer' on C4?
It's a documentary/reality TV show about m2f and f2m transgender people and their lives. The last episode aired today but the first three are on the Youtubes.

I've been reading up on the people on the show and apparently they've been very misrepresented. Especially Maxwell writes about how his and Fox' story was barely told and how their lives are kinda being ruined by the show.
(Here's his blog)

On one hand I'm quite happy that there is exposure, to literally millions of people, to a world unknown to most regular Joes. But seeing that a lot of airtime is being wasted on showing the girls putting on their makeup and hearing about what went down with Channel 4 and the production company makes quite sad?

If you've seen it already, I'd love to know what you think. If not, watch it now
Old 12-01-2011
ThirdEyeGirl

Well I watched the first two episodes from the youtube link that you provided Rawr, and I've got to say. I quite enjoyed it. And Donna is my new heroin! I wish I could be more extroverted like she is.
I would have not agreed to go along with the rest of the group to that local pub if I were on the show. I'd be on the verge of a panic attack. :/
Old 12-05-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeGirl View Post
Well I watched the first two episodes from the youtube link that you provided Rawr, and I've got to say. I quite enjoyed it. And Donna is my new heroin! I wish I could be more extroverted like she is.
I would have not agreed to go along with the rest of the group to that local pub if I were on the show. I'd be on the verge of a panic attack. :/

Same here, it would be quite terrifying :s
I'm pretty happy to be able to dive into the anonymity of a city
Old 12-05-2011
ThirdEyeGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrKitten View Post
Same here, it would be quite terrifying :s
I'm pretty happy to be able to dive into the anonymity of a city
Yeah... And I don't share Donna's view on being trans either. I think it sucks to be trans. Now if the world accepted us that'd be a different story. :/
Old 12-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Yeah... And I don't share Donna's view on being trans either. I think it sucks to be trans. Now if the world accepted us that'd be a different story. :/
It saddens me whenever a trans person states the obvious, that is, how difficult it is to be trans in an unaccepting world. Know that at least in this one tiny little corner of the world -- my life -- acceptance is unconditional!
Old 12-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Amy has a spectacular aura aboutAmy has a spectacular aura about

Gods, it infuriated me.
Old 12-05-2011
ThirdEyeGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Gods, it infuriated me.
Oh... O.o Prey tell, do elaborate.
Old 12-05-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'm kinda between two chairs on that matter. On some days I'm quite happy with my kinda schizophrenic self but on others there is nothing that I want more than being born a woman :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Gods, it infuriated me.
Yeah, please care to elaborate
I'm not really infuriated, just sad of what TV is nowadays?
Old 12-07-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Just their focus on the mtf side of things on the extremes of highly campy vs really poorly passing, with only Donna really representative of the majority of younger trans girls I've encountered, and Karen of the older, late-transitioning women. I wanted Drew to just shut up, she was so annoying, and just made me think of the ultra-camp gay male drag queens I know. Sarah I feel bad for, since she seemed to at some tims be feeling the same way I did. Especially about the club they went to in the last episode. But really, going on something like this on TV and geared towards what gets viewers is the last thing she should have done if she wanted not to feel uncomfortable.

The guys, well, they seemed much more normal. Good on them. Though I can't really empathise in the same way.

And to be fair, if you read Max's blog, he's a bit of a dick.
Old 12-07-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

links to all 4 episodes...

For UK and Outside of UK..

MTS 1

MTS 2

MTS 3

MTS 4

For outside of UK only!...

MTS 1

MTS 2 HD

MTS 3 HD

MTS 4 HD
Old 12-07-2011
ThirdEyeGirl

Thankx Jodie... I'll have to watch the last two episodes.
Old 12-08-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Inside the uk you can also get them all on the official C4 site.
Old 07-03-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

moonvisage is on a distinguished road

I watched the episodes on tv,and loved it.As everyone else noticed,Donna was stunning.I started following a few of them on twitter,and they recently went on a tour together.... Except Max,who decided to somehow lose his invitation,and blame everyone else,by slagging them off for not inviting him on the tour,on twitter.