Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 04-29-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
That would not be the case for me. I never smoke it or even touch it.
Nor do I. But you guys were on something, because those are hallucigen-induced ravings!
Old 04-29-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Nor do I. But you guys were on something, because those are hallucigen-induced ravings!
I can't speak for shadows, but I'm on a hockey high. (and no, I'm not all pucked up).
Old 04-29-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

CD007 is on a distinguished road

Time to ROCK THE RED!!!!

Lets Go Caps!!
Old 04-29-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
I can't speak for shadows, but I'm on a hockey high. (and no, I'm not all pucked up).
So am I. There have been some real nail-biting games so far and that was only the first round!

(I should mention that I have never tried pot either.)
Old 04-29-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
No doubt that Detroit is healthier than last year when the Sharks took them out at this point, and it's clear that the Sharks will have to play better than they did against the Kings.

Still we beat them 3/4, during the regular season including twice in the Joe.

Facing Detroit in the playoffs is always tough, but if you want the cup, you have to earn it. That's how. We have three quality scoring lines and their defensive stars can't play 45 minutes. We have brilliant goaltending (much of the time), just a bit suspect on D. Not great with Detroit's scoring talent.

Sharks do have a good chance here. It will be close and tough.

Did you see the EA sports article on NHL.com? Their gizmo picked all 8 of the first round winners. They have Detroit in OT of game 7 for this series. :-)
Seven games? Whoever ends up making it out of that series is going to be dead tired and may end up looking like what the cat dragged in.
Old 04-30-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Seven games? Whoever ends up making it out of that series is going to be dead tired and may end up looking like what the cat dragged in.
It has to be the tightest series in the second round. I mean, come on! Sharks! Wings! #2 vs. #3. No one thinks the wings are #3 once the playoffs start.

Tonight's game was awesome. Another OT win for the Sharks. Sharks deserved the win, dominating for several stretches and leading the shot clock widely. Wings looked tired toward the end for some reason and took a couple late penalties, including a 4 minute high stick during OT. Pavel D. was the best wing, and probably the big Pavelski for the sharks.

Benn Ferriero got the OT winner in his first playoff game, on his 24th birthday! Nice!

Oh, and whoever emerges from this series may be tired, but they have the experience, the size, and the speed, and the talent, to shut down the Sedin's and get through Vancouver and whoever the East brings. Fear!
Old 04-30-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of
Default the wonderful world of hockey

this video reminds me why i love hockey and before everone goes at each other over the playoffs i think we should all chill and watch this video and hopefully it'll remind us all why we love hockey
I love the two goalies going at in and i love the shot of the sterotypical Flyers fan
Flyersfan Jen

http://youtu.be/pcq6V4-PFzQ
Old 04-30-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
this video reminds me why i love hockey and before everone goes at each other over the playoffs i think we should all chill and watch this video and hopefully it'll remind us all why we love hockey
I love the two goalies going at in and i love the shot of the sterotypical Flyers fan
Flyersfan Jen

The one thing that I don't like about hockey is the fighting.
Old 04-30-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flyersfan Jen

Quote:
The one thing that I don't like about hockey is the fighting.
I think I'm with ila on this. I love to watch a great physical game, like we have going right now between the Bruins and the Flyers (Boston leads 2-1 at the end of the 1st period, by the way). But while I get "into" the fights when they're happening, when I think about why I love hockey the fights usually get in the way.

By the way, Pronger was called for slashing against the Bruins, and the announcer on NBC just attributed that action to Pronger wanting to wake up his team. Then he said something like "Pronger knows the the difference between pain and injury." Maybe, but the replay shows that this was purely about inflicting pain, which can lead to injury. There's no question it was willfull. (Not that the Bruins are saints, mind you.)
Old 04-30-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Viz. my point above about physical playing. What I don't like to see is Daniel Carcillo punch a guy in the head when he's down, away from the play. What decade is he playing in for the Flyers?
Old 04-30-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
...I love to watch a great physical game, like we have going right now between the Bruins and the Flyers (Boston leads 2-1 at the end of the 1st period, by the way)...

By the way, Pronger was called for slashing against the Bruins, and the announcer on NBC just attributed that action to Pronger wanting to wake up his team. Then he said something like "Pronger knows the the difference between pain and injury."...
smc, it's too bad that you can't get the CBC. I've been flipping back and forth between NBC and CBC. The CBC, by far, has better coverage of the game.

(btw, as I write this the score is 6 -3 for Boston)
Old 04-30-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
smc, it's too bad that you can't get the CBC. I've been flipping back and forth between NBC and CBC. The CBC, by far, has better coverage of the game.

(btw, as I write this the score is 6 -3 for Boston)
No matter what the CBC announcers actually said, the mere fact that none of them have the voice of Doc Emrick (which I associate with chalk scratching across a chalkboard) would make it better to watch. But since you posted that comment in response to mine about what an NBC announcer said, I'm curious: what did the CBC guys say that was different?

(btw, as I write this the game is over and the Bruins won 7-3)
Old 04-30-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
No matter what the CBC announcers actually said, the mere fact that none of them have the voice of Doc Emrick (which I associate with chalk scratching across a chalkboard) would make it better to watch. But since you posted that comment in response to mine about what an NBC announcer said, I'm curious: what did the CBC guys say that was different?

Actually I was posting my comment about you having only NBC to watch the game whereas I think the CBC provides better hockey coverage as well as commentary.

I missed the play and the comments about Pronger. Although I was watching the game I do require the occasional bathroom break.
Old 05-01-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It has to be the tightest series in the second round. I mean, come on! Sharks! Wings! #2 vs. #3. No one thinks the wings are #3 once the playoffs start.

Tonight's game was awesome. Another OT win for the Sharks. Sharks deserved the win, dominating for several stretches and leading the shot clock widely. Wings looked tired toward the end for some reason and took a couple late penalties, including a 4 minute high stick during OT. Pavel D. was the best wing, and probably the big Pavelski for the sharks.

Benn Ferriero got the OT winner in his first playoff game, on his 24th birthday! Nice!

Oh, and whoever emerges from this series may be tired, but they have the experience, the size, and the speed, and the talent, to shut down the Sedin's and get through Vancouver and whoever the East brings. Fear!
San Jose did deserve to win game #1 as they totally outplayed Detroit. You're right about the Red Wings looking old.

I don't think any of the teams really fear the Sharks, and I don't think the Sharks are afraid of any of the other teams. If they were afraid, then there would be no point of even playing in the post-season. I think that they respect each other, which they should. Taking a team lightly can end up costing you, like what almost happened to Vancouver in Round 1.
Old 05-01-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:

I guess it's safe to say the weak goaltending continued for Philly. If they keep this up it will be a short series indeed!

I heard a lot of comments at tsn.ca wondering why Paille(I think that was his name) got a penalty for being on the receiving end of Pronger's slash. To any of you that watched the game, was the penalty(tripping) warranted?

Vancouver was outplayed tonight and tried to sit back on their 1-0 lead. It almost worked, but they gave up the tying goal with less than two minutes left. Vancouver needs to play like they did in game #1, as sitting back(especially in the playoffs) is not a good idea. Vancouver lost 2-1 in 2OT.
Old 05-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Smile

Quote:
I guess it's safe to say the weak goaltending continued for Philly. If they keep this up it will be a short series indeed!

I heard a lot of comments at tsn.ca wondering why Paille(I think that was his name) got a penalty for being on the receiving end of Pronger's slash. To any of you that watched the game, was the penalty(tripping) warranted?

Vancouver was outplayed tonight and tried to sit back on their 1-0 lead. It almost worked, but they gave up the tying goal with less than two minutes left. Vancouver needs to play like they did in game #1, as sitting back(especially in the playoffs) is not a good idea. Vancouver lost 2-1 in 2OT.
I realize this may sound biased, but I don't think the reciprocal penalty was warranted. On the replay, I could see no evidence that anyone but Pronger did anything against the rules. That was backed up by the Flyers fan I spoke to last night who was at the Wells Fargo Center.
Old 05-01-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I realize this may sound biased, but I don't think the reciprocal penalty was warranted. On the replay, I could see no evidence that anyone but Pronger did anything against the rules. That was backed up by the Flyers fan I spoke to last night who was at the Wells Fargo Center.
Just because you don't agree with a penalty call doesn't mean you're biased. After all, the refs sometimes make the most mind-boggling calls ever seen!
Old 05-01-2011
Dark Overlord

I think if Detroit wants to actually make a series of this, then they better play a full game rather than try and play catch-up in the third period. They looked like a haggard, old team for the second game in a row. They need to wake up otherwise it will be a quick series.

Tampa Bay is currently ahead of Washington 1-0 in the second period of play.
Old 05-02-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

During the Bruins-Canadiens series, I mentioned the antics of the Habs players a couple of times. Kevin Paul Dupont, the excellent hockey writer for The Boston Globe, took up this issue in detail in yesterday's paper, showing great respect for the Canadiens in general but calling out this behavior. It's worth reading by any serious hockey fan.

A couple of bad actors bring Canadiens down

Hockey Notes
May 01, 2011|By Kevin Paul Dupont

Four days after the Canadiens packed their bags at the Garden, some troubling thoughts linger about Les Glorieux? inglorious behavior in Game 7.

The first regards defenseman P.K. Subban, who is already a special player at age 21. Elite skills. Tremendous wheels. A shot manufactured by Raytheon. The slapper he unloaded for the tying goal (3-3) off a Tomas Plekanec feed had that lightning-and-thunder quality to it, a page torn from the book of hockey mythology. Had the setting been the Bell Centre and not Causeway Street, I suspect the roof would have caved in and the game replayed elsewhere.

With that kind of talent, there is no need for Subban to include method acting in his bountiful tool kit. Make that shameless, disgraceful method acting.

Subban did more than his share of fakery throughout the seven games, but the worst of it came in Game 7 with just under three minutes remaining in the first period.

Tangled up with Boston?s Greg Campbell on the rear wall in Montreal?s end, Subban performed a histrionic flop to the ice as both players moved off the fence. No penalty whistled.

We won?t tie up column inches here over the failure of the refs to call unsportsmanlike conduct/diving throughout the series. Pointless. Bad refereeing is like bad ice. Shut up, deal, find the next opportunity, and hope the guys in stripes get it right.

What made it worse, and pushed Subban?s antics to the level of travesty and disrespect for the game, came moments later. The Garden?s in-house camera caught Subban, seated among his pals on the bench, watching the replay on the arena?s big board.

He was loving the show, so much so that he flashed a huge grin, as if to say ? well, who cares what he was thinking? The smile alone conveyed that he enjoyed his amateurish prank and was delighted to get off scot-free.

Hmm. Was it coincidence that his teammate, Andrei Kostitsyn, was whistled for high sticking only 41 seconds later? Let?s hope not. Let?s hope it was the officiating crew delivering a reminder that the NHL is supposed to be the stage where the world?s most talented pros perform.

WWE has its place on the sports menu, and if Subban wants to take his talents there, the bet here is that he?ll be a humongous talent in that arena, too. But now would be a fine time for the rookie to choose whether he wants sport or spoof.

Such stunts bring down everyone, including Subban?s teammates, his opponents, the officiating crew, the game itself. If he thinks it?s all a yuk, then why should anyone else, especially the paying customers, think differently?

True, far worse things have happened on the ice and around it. Compared with some of the concussions and other serious injuries we?ve witnessed in recent months and years, Subban?s antics are but petty tomfoolery, which is also to say they have no place in the game.

Someone who cares enough about the august Montreal franchise, or perhaps someone in NHL headquarters, should have a sitdown with Subban and explain the collateral costs of acting like the class clown. Act like Bozo long enough, people laugh at you, not with you. Ditto for the company you keep and the company that employs you.

Later in the night, at about 10:39 of the third period, fellow Hab Roman Hamrlik, age 37 and nearly a 20-year NHL vet, also tried to play the refs for fools with his pratfall along Boston?s right wall. He collided with Boston center Chris Kelly, dropped as if pole-axed, and remained down ? perhaps half-hoping that some Montreal viewer would dial 911? Again, no call.

The next few seconds really made it interesting and risible. Kelly headed down ice and promptly knocked in the go-ahead (3-2) goal at 10:44, the one that Subban?s sizzler would negate with 1:57 remaining in regulation. Hamrlik, by remaining on the ice and trying to tease out a call, left Kelly and his pals with what amounted to a power play (not that Boston?s 0-for-21 power play was of much concern).

?The way [the Montreal] power play was going, part of me says, ?Do you blame him?? ?? noted Boston defenseman Andrew Ference. ?I mean, if they are going to get that call ???

No doubt, considering how the Habs were clicking on the man-advantage, and how they often got the refs to buy into their, shall we say, methodology, why not? Subban?s blast at 18:03 came on the power play.

But what kind of player, what kind of team, is playing that angle in a Game 7, with less than 10 minutes to go, with the score 2-2? No doubt embarrassed, the faking Hamrlik bolted upright and raced into the zone after the goal to argue the non-call with the officiating crew. He sure didn?t look too hurt. Humility, some kind of elixir.

For all the Habs hate in this town, I suspect many would agree, perhaps begrudgingly, that there has always been something special, dignified, classy about the Montreal franchise. I?ve always felt that way, admired who they are, what they?ve done. Until now.

Even in the horribly diluted, sometimes gimmicky (see: shootout) Original 30, Les Canadiens remained the game?s crown jewel, a presence, a symbol of quality and success deserving of respect.

To this day, Jean Beliveau is a regular visitor to the Bell Centre, and there remains an undeniable aura around the 79-year-old Le Gros Bill, similar to that of Joe DiMaggio when he visited Yankee Stadium in his latter years.

It?s not just Beliveau, but about all the things he did while wearing that CH crest, how often his team won the Cup, how exceptional and talented and unique the Canadiens were in their time, their sport, their society.

Now, to see Subban and Hamrlik act like buffoons, it doesn?t take away from anything Beliveau did, or what the likes of Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy, or scores of other great Habs accomplished. Sadly, though, it takes the greatest franchise in NHL history and makes it just another team, in just another city, and pulls another 29 teams and cities down with it.

There is a price to be paid for faking, a price that goes beyond L?s in the standings. If the Canadiens allow such nonsense to continue much longer, allow decades of equity and image to disappear, they will find out the true cost of those jokes that Messrs. Subban and Hamrlik tried to sell here last week.

Time for the Habs to decide, are they a class act or classless actors?
Old 05-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

^ Not a single comment on the post above? Are all the Forum's hockey fans in such awe of the Bruins' Tim Thomas that they simply cannot think about anything else?!
Old 05-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

DAMN!!! looks like the Flyers want to do it the hardway agian this year
Flyersfan Jen
Old 05-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
DAMN!!! looks like the Flyers want to do it the hardway agian this year
Flyersfan Jen
Regardless of how misguided it may be, or regardless of whether I end up eating these words, that's the kind of eternal optimism that we could all use a little bit more of, all the time!
Old 05-03-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Regardless of how misguided it may be, or regardless of whether I end up eating these words, that's the kind of eternal optimism that we could all use a little bit more of, all the time!
To be fair, it's not like Philly hasn't done this before. They came back last year against the Bruins and against the Sabres in Round 1. I'm not saying they will again(their goaltending is shaky at best), but they have proven they are able to come back.

Washington, on the other hand, is toast. They are down 3-0 after losing 4-3 to Tampa Bay tonight and I just don't seeing them coming back. Warranted or not, the naysayers are going to issue the "chokers" label on the Caps again if they end up losing.
Old 05-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
To be fair, it's not like Philly hasn't done this before. They came back last year against the Bruins and against the Sabres in Round 1. I'm not saying they will again(their goaltending is shaky at best), but they have proven they are able to come back.

Like i said they are doing it the hard way
Sadly the Flyers haven't had a steady or even a great goalie since Ron Hextal
I wish someone would give Bobie a good smack upside the head and tell him they need to get a young worldclass goalie either by draft [unlikely as we hardly ever get a top pick] or trade for one or sign one this treand of musical goaltenders has to end
Clarke of all people should remember that it was because of Bernie Parent they got there back to back Stanley cups in the 70s
Flyersfan Jen
Old 05-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Time to go watch hockey. If Jennifer is correct, the Flyers will lose to the Bruins tonight so that they can get to the brink before fighting back to win the series.
Old 05-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

How desperate are the Flyers? As the game with the Bruins was ending, I heard some commotion outside on the street. I looked out the window and saw my 47-year-old neighbor lifting a large athletic equipment bag into the trunk of a taxicab.

I shouted out the window, "Hey, what's going on?"

Then I remembered that he had been the goalie on Peter LaViolette's Franklin High School hockey team back in the early 1980s.

"Peter just called," my neighbor shouted up to me. "He asked me to hurry down to the Garden for a late-night tryout."

I wonder who else the Flyers have called?

Bruins are now up 3-0, after a 5-1 win tonight.
Old 05-04-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
How desperate are the Flyers? As the game with the Bruins was ending, I heard some commotion outside on the street. I looked out the window and saw my 47-year-old neighbor lifting a large athletic equipment bag into the trunk of a taxicab.

I shouted out the window, "Hey, what's going on?"

Then I remembered that he had been the goalie on Peter LaViolette's Franklin High School hockey team back in the early 1980s.

"Peter just called," my neighbor shouted up to me. "He asked me to hurry down to the Garden for a late-night tryout."

I wonder who else the Flyers have called?

Bruins are now up 3-0, after a 5-1 win tonight.
While the Bruins have played well, I think the series will be remembered more for the shitty goaltending of Philadelphia than anything else. Giving up two goals in the first 1:03 of the game can break the backs of the entire team.

It looks like it will be a Boston/Tampa Eastern final, as I now think that Philly is toast.
Old 05-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
While the Bruins have played well, I think the series will be remembered more for the shitty goaltending of Philadelphia than anything else. Giving up two goals in the first 1:03 of the game can break the backs of the entire team.

It looks like it will be a Boston/Tampa Eastern final, as I now think that Philly is toast.
Looking back over your posts, you seem bound and determined to dismiss the Bruins. Why? Tim Thomas gave a clinic on goaltending in Game 2. Zdeno Chara demonstrated what defense means in Game 3. Surely, someone just might remember a few things the Bruins did.
Old 05-05-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
San Jose did deserve to win game #1 as they totally outplayed Detroit. You're right about the Red Wings looking old.

I don't think any of the teams really fear the Sharks, and I don't think the Sharks are afraid of any of the other teams. If they were afraid, then there would be no point of even playing in the post-season. I think that they respect each other, which they should. Taking a team lightly can end up costing you, like what almost happened to Vancouver in Round 1.
Nobody on the ice takes anyone lightly. Such parity in the league this year shows that anyone could win on a night. Red wings are a hell of a team every year and the Sharks definitely respect them, despite a great recent record and a 3-0 lead.

I still say that the Sharks have a mental toughness this year. The 0-4 comeback. The 5-0 OT record. It's true no one fears them and they fear none, but they haven't had much respect, but they are earning it.

It's looking like thomas and the B's will come out of the east. Gosh I hope it's not Tampa Bay! A hot goal tender is what you need. Brian Boucher was a fan favorite here, so I'm glad to see he's factoring in there in Philly. It sounds like a circus though.

K
Old 05-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Looks like the season is over and what looks like to be the final four teams there is none that excite me and i think the cup will have a record low ratings this year as it'll most likely be the Sharks vs Lighting
so iall i have to say is..... well i'll let Homer say it all for me so go to it Homer
moving on to baseball Jen

http://youtu.be/g6GuEswXOXo

Last edited by transjen; 05-06-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Looking back over your posts, you seem bound and determined to dismiss the Bruins. Why? Tim Thomas gave a clinic on goaltending in Game 2. Zdeno Chara demonstrated what defense means in Game 3. Surely, someone just might remember a few things the Bruins did.
How is saying the series will be remembered more for the Flyer's goaltending rather than the play of Boston being dismissive of them? Every sportscast that I've watched or listened to has talked about it. And that is what will be remembered about the series.

The revolving door is at least finally closed. Honestly, Philly didn't even deserve to make it past Buffalo because of the atrocious goaltending. Buffalo may have at least given Boston a challenge, at least one would think so.

I think the Boston/Tampa series will be a lot closer, but I have to give the edge to Boston especially since they exorcised any lingering doubts from last years collapse. What better way to do that than to sweep the team the following year.

I am predicting a Boston/Vancouver final. Since Vancouver is a Canadian team(and they were the team I've been rooting for since the playoffs started) I want them to win(plus, it would be their first Stanley Cup). Any other team(Detroit or San Jose) and I would like to see Boston win(an original six team not named Detroit).
Old 05-06-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Nobody on the ice takes anyone lightly. Such parity in the league this year shows that anyone could win on a night. Red wings are a hell of a team every year and the Sharks definitely respect them, despite a great recent record and a 3-0 lead.

I still say that the Sharks have a mental toughness this year. The 0-4 comeback. The 5-0 OT record. It's true no one fears them and they fear none, but they haven't had much respect, but they are earning it.

It's looking like thomas and the B's will come out of the east. Gosh I hope it's not Tampa Bay! A hot goal tender is what you need. Brian Boucher was a fan favorite here, so I'm glad to see he's factoring in there in Philly. It sounds like a circus though.

K
I'm not going to lie to you. I don't really like the Sharks too much. I don't like the fact that Bettman created all these expansion teams at the cost of Canadian teams(and the fact that he will NOT let the Phoenix situation go adds to that).

I DO respect what they as a team are doing, as they ARE playing very well. I don't see them winning the Cup, but that is not due to the play of the Sharks in the past. I think if they lose this year, it will be a hard-fought battle no matter what and that their label of chokers should not be given out to this year's group.

I also do not like Heatley very much. Canadian or not, I don't respect him very much.

The Sharks were very close to getting the sweep tonight. They came back from being down 3-0 and ended up losing 4-3. Even though they didn't get the sweep, I don't see Detroit making it past them.

If it is a Vancouver/San Jose Western final, I am rooting for Vancouver. That being said, I think it will be an entertaining series(lots of scoring chances), far more entertaining than the Vancouver/Nashville series currently going on.
Old 05-07-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
...I am predicting a Boston/Vancouver final. Since Vancouver is a Canadian team(and they were the team I've been rooting for since the playoffs started) I want them to win(plus, it would be their first Stanley Cup). Any other team(Detroit or San Jose) and I would like to see Boston win(an original six team not named Detroit).
I, too, am hoping for a Vancouver/Boston final.

I also agree with your last statement.
Old 05-07-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I, too, am hoping for a Vancouver/Boston final.

I also agree with your last statement.
Too much bad blood between Detroit and Toronto in the past for me to root for them. Of course, I would root for them if there weren't any better choices out there.
Old 05-08-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Too much bad blood between Detroit and Toronto in the past for me to root for them. Of course, I would root for them if there weren't any better choices out there.
Ratings wise the Canucks vs Bruins would be the best match up as would REDWINGS vs Bruins after all when was the last time two of the six played for the cup? proably late 70s Candians vs Bruins

Preds vs Lighting would be the lowest ratings as would Sharks vs Lighting
i have a feeling i won't be watching the finals this year
moving over to baseball Jen
Old 05-11-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Well perhaps there still could be a cup final after all as the REDWINGS has taken it to game 7 and how great would it be to see the REDWINGS vs BRUINS, now that series i'd watch

looking for an octopus Jen
Old 05-12-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well perhaps there still could be a cup final after all as the REDWINGS has taken it to game 7 and how great would it be to see the REDWINGS vs BRUINS, now that series i'd watch

looking for an octopus Jen
Bruins - Red Wing, original 6 teams both ... now that's the Stanley Cup final I want to see.

Right now, no matter what happens with the Sharks, the goal by Pavel Datsyuk of Detroit in the third period that I just witnessed was one of the best backhands I've ever seen. Wow!!
Old 05-12-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Sharks took the series, despite that there is absolutely no reason for a hockey team to exist in San Jose, California -- or anywhere in California, for that matter. The Red Wings were tough in the last 90 seconds, but just couldn't get a goal. Oh, well. Let's now hope for a Bruins - Vancouver final (after the Lighting, from another ridiculous place for a hockey team, are vanquished).

Last edited by smc; 05-13-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-13-2011
Dark Overlord

I do have to say that it looks like the Sharks are no longer the chokers of old. They held their own and did not fold. That being said, I want the Canucks to take the series. It won't be an easy series, but they should prevail.
Old 05-13-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
....Let's now hope for a Bruins - Vancouver final (after the Lighting, from another ridiculous place for a hockey team, are vanquished).
Quote:
...That being said, I want the Canucks to take the series. It won't be an easy series, but they should prevail.
I certainly hope it will be a Boston - Vancouver final.
Old 05-13-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I certainly hope it will be a Boston - Vancouver final.
Anything else would be a rateings graveyard and end any hopes of ESPN buying a NHL agreement to show games

time for baseball Jen
Old 05-13-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Flyersfan Jen is no more

ANNOUNCEMENT

I know i'll be hearing it from everyone here but i have made up my mind
I can't take the heartach of supporting a team who for the last decade has insistintly played musical goaltenders and looks to keep on playing this route
So no more i'm changing teams yes it's true i'm turning my back on the Flyers
So Flyersfan Jen is no more for the rest of this season and starting next season i'll be

Penguinsfan Jen
Old 05-14-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

I can't take the heartach of supporting a team who for the last decade has insistintly played musical goaltenders and looks to keep on playing this route
So Flyersfan Jen is no more for the rest of this season and starting next season i'll be

Penguinsfan Jen
Jennifer!

While I respect your decision, I don't think that I would be able to do the same if I were in your shoes. Heck, my beloved Leafs have been putrid for quite some time now, but I will be a fan through thick and thin.
Old 05-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Penguinsfan Jen
Why the Penguins, Jen? I'd be honored to welcome you and your hockey knowledge and commitment as a new fan of the Bruins! C'mon, join the Original Six club!!
Old 05-14-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
ANNOUNCEMENT

Penguinsfan Jen
Quote:
Why the Penguins, Jen? I'd be honored to welcome you and your hockey knowledge and commitment as a new fan of the Bruins! C'mon, join the Original Six club!!
Or better yet, become a Canadiens fan, the greatest of the original six teams.
Old 05-14-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Anything else would be a rateings graveyard and end any hopes of ESPN buying a NHL agreement to show games

time for baseball Jen
I don't think ESPN has much interest, if any, in hockey. Hockey is a hard sell for a national network in the US. Your networks would rather show football and basketball, two of the most boring sports in the world, which take forever to play because of all the timeouts and stoppages in play. Heck, your national networks would rather show car racing than hockey. And what can be more exciting than watching cars go around and around on an oval track.
Old 05-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That's a fair question so i'll answer it

Why did i pick the Penguins you ask well put simply that are a great fun team to watch [when everyone is healthy unlike in this years playoffs] and they are not that far away from me if i decide to go to a game and i love there logo
Penguinsfan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 03-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I don't think ESPN has much interest, if any, in hockey. Hockey is a hard sell for a national network in the US. Your networks would rather show football and basketball, two of the most boring sports in the world, which take forever to play because of all the timeouts and stoppages in play. Heck, your national networks would rather show car racing than hockey. And what can be more exciting than watching cars go around and around on an oval track.
With the pending NFL shutdown ESPN would have been desprite to find sports to fill the gap and the NHL was a strong possiabilty,

In away i'm glad ESPN is not carrying hockey as i felt they did a poor job the last time they had the rights
And as i have a sat dish with the NHL centerice package i pretty much can see any game that is televised and most teams have decent local coverage
The only plus to ESPN showing hockeygames would have been drawing in my fans, i'm sure i don't have to tell you take a person to a hockey game once and they will be a hockeyfan for life same is true for watching a good game on the tube
Penguinsfan Jen
Old 05-14-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
With the pending NFL shutdown ESPN would have been desprite to find sports to fill the gap and the NHL was a strong possiabilty,

In away i'm glad ESPN is not carrying hockey as i felt they did a poor job the last time they had the rights
And as i have a sat dish with the NHL centerice package i pretty much can see any game that is televised and most teams have decent local coverage
The only plus to ESPN showing hockeygames would have been drawing in my fans, i'm sure i don't have to tell you take a person to a hockey game once and they will be a hockeyfan for life same is true for watching a good game on the tube
Penguinsfan Jen
You're right, Jen. There is nothing like a good live game to make hockey fan.
Old 05-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Or better yet, become a Canadiens fan, the greatest of the original six teams.
Yah, go that route, Jen -- if you want to be a TRAITOR TO AMERICA!!