Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 06-10-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Titivilus can only hope to improve
Default Any Single Malt Fans?

Not sure if anyone is a fan of single malt whiskey, but I recently discovered a little gem called Glenrothes. It's distilled in the Strathspey region, so there's less of a "peaty" taste. It's very smooth, smokey, and just a hint of sweet. Since it's a smaller distillery, each bottle is hand-signed.

I can pick up a bottle here for around $40 - $50 US, which is quite reasonable considering it's better than many o' bottle for ten times as much. Seriously, if you're a fan, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of this ambrosia.
Attached Thumbnails
Glenrothes Select Reserve.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

I'm a big fan of the Islay single malts, which are heavily on the "peaty" side. Laphroaig is a great one that's easily available; it's like diving head-first into a peat bog. I have a bottle of Bruichladdich 3D "The Peat Proposal" that I haven't yet opened (see picture below). Of course, I don't limit myself to the Islays. I like to broaden my horizons.

I also am an enthusiast of single-malt Irish whiskeys. Most of the ones I prefer are never sold in the United States, so I have to purchase them on trips to Ireland. One of my favorites is Lockes. I just finished off my last bottle of 8-year-old Lockes last night, as a matter of fact, so now I guess I have to make a trip overseas to replenish my stock.
Attached Thumbnails
15801.jpg   1324.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Titivilus can only hope to improve

Weel, I grew up in the US so the peaty flavor is a bit much yet. The only Islay I've had was either Laphroaig or Lagavulin, can't remember, and I wasn't all that fond. I'll have to give Locke's a try.
Old 06-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titivilus View Post
Weel, I grew up in the US so the peaty flavor is a bit much yet. The only Islay I've had was either Laphroaig or Lagavulin, can't remember, and I wasn't all that fond. I'll have to give Locke's a try.
I grew up in the United States, too. I'm not sure what that has to do with liking peat.

If you find Locke's anywhere in the United States to give it a try, let me know.
Old 06-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hedonistman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hedonistman
Default a wee bit o d dram,,,,

1st off, ok, I'll grant you Irish wiskey can be single malted; but those in the know, choose only Scotland for their single malts. Start w/ Highland Park, then perhaps a 12 yo Bowmar. When you're ready for the 'good' stuff move on to Glenmorangie. The 10 yo is nice, but try them all---I guarantee no disappointment. The recent new brews from Mcallum (yes I know that's not spelled right lol) are also quite nice. Near top o my list stands Oban. If you're on the cheap,,,ck out our local blend, Johnny Walker Green,,,
Old 06-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

guiltydreamer is just really niceguiltydreamer is just really niceguiltydreamer is just really niceguiltydreamer is just really nice
Default Single malt

I was bornin Scotland; my mother worked in a distillery and all of my family enjoy whisky. When I reached my teens, Grandfather would offer us our"morning" dram whilst the ladies drank coffee...my reccomdationis The Aberlour- a wonderful smooth dram.
Old 06-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonistman View Post
... but those in the know, choose only Scotland for their single malts. ...
I think it is wise in matters of taste to take care not to make bold (and even possibly arrogant) statements about how "those in the know" make "only" a certain choice in a domain that is a matter of taste. I would match my knowledge against any one here, since any match would be based on three things of which I am confident: a general understanding of whiskeys, an expansive experience tasting them, and a consciously cultured palate. I'm not saying my knowledge is greater, only that it is neither severely limited nor ephemeral.

And just to be clear, I did not suggest that Irish single malts were better or worse than those from Scotland. Read my original post if there's any confusion. It's only a few above this one.

Last edited by smc; 06-17-2010 at 09:38 PM.