Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 07-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

The names are currently escaping me, but last night I read the "Food to Joy" Upanishad as well as the "Six Questions" Upanishad that is oft paired with the Mundaka. The "Food to Joy" was an in particularly good read.
Old 07-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Default Upanishads

The Main Upanishads are:
  1. Aitareya Upanishad from Rigveda
  2. Kena Upanishad from Samveda
  3. Chandogya Upanishad from Samveda
  4. Brihad-Aranyaka Upanishad is the most important, from White Yajur Veda
  5. Svetasvatara Upanishad is from Yajur veda (my fav)
  6. Katha Upanishad from Yajurveda
  7. Taittiriya Upanishad is from Yajurveda
  8. Isha Upanishad from White Yajurveda
  9. Mundaka Upanishad from Atharva veda
  10. Prashna Upanishad comes from Atharva veda
  11. Mandukya Upanishad is essence of all upanishads***, Atharva veda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
The names are currently escaping me, but last night I read the "Food to Joy" Upanishad as well as the "Six Questions" Upanishad that is oft paired with the Mundaka. The "Food to Joy" was an in particularly good read.
Food to Joy Upanishad? What Upanishad is that? To which Veda does it belong? I have never heard of it!
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Wink Pretending

Acting is more or less a common factor of life!

A holy man once told me that we are all pretending most of the time. We are performing in front of our relatives, friends and even to ourselves!

We hide our real thoughts and feelings from everyone. We are afraid or ashamed of other people, or may be we dont want to hurt them. So we put up an appearance of happiness and harmony even though our opinions dont concur.

"Doubt whom you will, but never yourself."
If we doubt our own beliefs, we can no longer continue with our lives in a usual manner. There will be a great conflict or mental breakdown. To avoid this, the mind, which is a conglomerate of thoughts, and quite inventive, adapts a strategy to continue usual life. It starts pretending to itself and starts denying the disrupting issues, as if they dont exist. It is with great control over the mind, can we dare to face the Reality of ourselves.

There is constant strife inside every one of us!
Sometimes we notice it from afar, or we miss the whole internal drama.
I am in control! These are my own thoughts. I am the doer.
Who controls whom? If you are in control of your mind,
then, who are you? Does the body control the mind?
Or is it the mind that controls the body?

Last edited by sesame; 07-31-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Alright, I read Taittiriya (From Food to Joy) and Prashna Upanishads the other night. The "From Food to Joy" is derived from a little subtitle thing the author had written in, that stuck in my mind a lot better than the Indian name. Last night I began the Chandogya.
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Wink Philosophy in motion

Read Sri Aurobindo's 10 upanishads. Nothing can be better than that. He was not only a good author but a Highly accomplished Yogi. He understood first hand what he was saying. Indians consider him as a Rishi, sage, seer; the same as the authors of the Upanishads.

Read the translation of Swami Sishya Samvad if you can find one. Dialogues between the Master and Disciple. The master being the great Yogi Swami Vivekananda and disciple Saratchandra Chakraborty. Its philosophy in motion and the language is just like me and you conversing! Its that simple! The english name is "Talks with Swami Vivekananda".

Last edited by sesame; 07-31-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-31-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Read Sri Aurobindo's 10 upanishads.
Sesame, what are the upanishads? I have seen you mention them several times in the last few days. This is the first time I have ever seen the term and I would like to know more.
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Wink Upanishad

Upanishads are solid chunks of direct esoteric knowledge.
Straight from the Seer's mouth. No mediators! The most powerful Yogis of ancient India put down their feelings, hints and realizations about the Infinite Omnipresent Impersonal God in the Upanishads. You may consider Upanishads as the essence of all Vedic knowledge. There are 4 Vedas. The principal Upanishads are derived from the 4 vedas. Later Gists of Knowledge about various disciplines of philosophy such as Yoga, came to known as Upanishads. Like the Yoga-Sara-Upanishad, etc. But they are considered lesser to the eleven I have mentioned above.

Brihadaranyaka-Upanishad is the most significant and perhaps one of the Largest of the Upanishads. Brihath= Large, Aranyaka= Forest life (of the Yogis). Upanishad, the word needs clarification.

Upa + ni +sad.
Upa= nearness, or reaching somewhere or knowing about something.
Ni= with clarity, uncloudedness, certainty;
sad or sath= Truth, Unwavering, Unshakable, Everlasting. Sat is a root word synonymous to Om or Tath or That meaning God impersonal.

If we add them up, Upanishad means Clearly Knowing God.

Later on, Upanishads came to be regarded as the basis of pure Lore, collectively called the Vedanta philosophy.
Veda =To know, Anta= end. The end of Veda= the essence of Veda. It primarily includes Upanishads & Gita.

Indian Knowledge

Yogishwara ==> Veda (undifferentiated) ==> Upanishads ==> 4 Vedas ==> Ramayana, Mahabharata epics ==> 18 Puranas ( Bhagavat Purana = imp) ==> Tantras

Yogishwara = Yoga Adepts of unimaginable capacity
Yoga + Ishwara. Ishwara= supreme master or god.

Last edited by sesame; 07-31-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Veda

Veda

Many thousands of years ago, the Vedas were in undifferentiated form. And it was verbally propagated from Master to Disciple. The master uttered it and the disciple memorised it. No written manuscripts were there. Everything was retained in memory, generation after generation. So vedas were also called Sruti= to listen.

Even earlier, it was not even uttered. The Guru directed the disciple to go through rigorous austerities and mental exercises. The student became aware of the Truth within himself. Truth is self evident!

In each veda, there were 4 parts: Samhita (for esoteric rituals), Brahmana, Aranyaka and Upanishad. The Knowledge part became the Upanishads. As the memory and retention power of human beings became poorer in later ages, Philosophers couldnt remember all of the veda. So, Sage Vyasa divided Veda into 4 parts. Rik, Sama, Yajuh and Atharva. The Atharva part was not counted among the Vedas by some of the Philosophers. So some called Veda as Tri-Vidya = Three Knowledges. Its interesting to note that Ayurveda and early Tantra originated from this neglected Atharva Veda. Yoga was always there in the Vedas and the Upanishads. Seer Patanjali, himself a Yoga Adept, organised and compiled it. He also left very insightful hints in it about Alchemy, Surya-siddhanta (Solar science) and molecular evolution. The time of Patanjali is exactly 1000 years before Adi Shankaracharya (805 AD).

Seer Vyasa cut out the 4 vedas, clearly compiled the Upanishads, wrote the epic Mahabharata and the historic-storyline-volumes called Puranas, packed with philosophy hidden behind stories. Vyasa came many thousands of years ago. Its very interesting to note, that Vyasa is one of the six immortal Yogis in Hindu philosophy. He was the grand master or most knowledgable sage of the Dvapara age. He is still alive, so they say! :D

Last edited by sesame; 07-31-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sesame. This is all very interesting. It would seem to me that there is more than a lifetime of study in all the Upanishads. This then leads me to the question of whether or not it is self study or do one have someone to guide him/her through all this learning? If so is it formal teaching as in classroom study or informal one on one teaching? There is so much to learn.
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Smile Essence is enough

Hamsam Yatha Ksiram Iva Ambu Madhyath.

Just Like a swan picks up the essence from milk and the water is left behind!

The full poem goes like this:

Ananta shastram bahu veditavyam,

Unending are the scriptures, many things are fit to be learnt.

Swalpam Tathayur Vahavascha Vighnah

But human lifespan is so little, and there are so many distractions or hurdles.

Yat sara-bhutam tad-upasitavyam

So, pursue only the essence of all knowledge.

Hamsam Yathaksiram Ivambu Madhyat.

Just like a swan extracts milk from the watery emulsion.
Old 07-31-2008
rhythmic delivery

i used to have a dream where all my teath fell out, it happened regularly but hasn't happened in ages now. in another recuring dream i have i be walking along and gravity seems to be getting weaker by the second and with each step i bound higher and higher and it gets harder and hader to land again, fucked up or what?
Old 07-31-2008
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

Dreaming about broken teeth has sexual connotations I've heard. uh-oh.
for a sexual health yogi asana, exhale and try to touch your navel to your anus.
Here's my dream. It happened after I was prescribed some wild psychiatric drug. I'd woken up inside dreams, but never like this. I had to kind of lay back and let the dream take me where it wanted to go. I got to a basement hallway in an apartment building, and I could see outside that it was late afternoon. Beside the exit, was a laundry room with lots of washers and dryers, and a little bed and a couple of pieces of furniture, and this was my room. It was a complete mess, so I decided to clean it up. I started seperating clothes into piles and then I asked myself "do I really need to do laundry in a dream?" That shattered my dream and I woke up.
Old 08-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Jim's Dream

Quote:
Beside the exit, was a laundry room with lots of washers and dryers, and a little bed and a couple of pieces of furniture, and this was my room. It was a complete mess, so I decided to clean it up. I started seperating clothes into piles and then I asked myself "do I really need to do laundry in a dream?" That shattered my dream and I woke up.
The Oracle of Delphi:

Clean up thy mess!

Straighten up thy things.

Sort out your jumble, Jimbo! :D
Attached Thumbnails
oracle-delphi.jpg  
Old 08-01-2008
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

I am well aware that the only sins in this life are mine, but that doesn't make it any easier.
Old 08-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnaseum View Post
I am well aware that the only sins in this life are mine, but that doesn't make it any easier.
Sins? Sins? What is a sin? That action which causes us to repent later is a sin.

All of us are guilty of such actions.
During this whole week, I was considering "if life and its actions are predestined, you know, by Fate, then all our appointments and dialogues are preplanned. We are only doing the acting. Then who is the sinner?"

I came up with some intriguing answers from the Gita. But first, tell me what you think.
Old 08-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default A nice touch!

I am looking forward to a fresh breath in the wild.
I am just tired of this monotonous routine,
the boring repetitive city life.
So, here is the appropriate poem:
- by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Good-bye, proud world! I'm going home;
Thou art not my friend, and I'm not thine.
Long through thy weary crowds I roam;
A river-arc on the ocean brine,
Long I've been tossed like the driven foam;
But now, proud world! I'm going home.

Good-bye to flattery's fawning face;
To Grandeur with his wise grimace;
To upstart Wealth's averted eye;
To supple Office, low and high;
To crowded halls, to court and street;
To frozen hearts and hasting feet;
To those who go, and those who come;
Good-bye, proud world! I'm going home.

I am going to my own hearth-stone,
Bosomed in yon green hills alone,-
A secret nook in a pleasant land,

... ...

I will soon be there. Peace.

Last edited by sesame; 08-01-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Vipassana Meditation

Which Book to read?
Bordo Thodol will appear gibberish.
Dhammapada is too vast.
Jataka stories are all about moral values, cleverly narrated.

Find something about Vipassana meditation instead. Its easy and direct and the substance of Dhammapada and the real teaching of Buddha.
The flowery branches of Buddhism... Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana came much later. The essencial teaching of Buddha is Yogic Meditation. For the first 500 years after Buddha's passing, there were no images of Buddha. Buddha forbade ritual worship. He said, "Follow the enlightened path and become Buddha yourself!" But knowledge comes with hard practice. And common people only wanted to worship the Enlightened One, not become Him! So after 500 years of referring Buddha as images of Bodhi tree, or the Ladder, or with symbols, finally his image was carved out of stone. And the era of ritual worship began in Buddhism. Gradually in Vajrayana Buddhism, the whole religion became ridden with numerous Deities, yabyum and Tantric rituals! Rituals are representatives of the difficult yogic accomplishments. Then came rituals that represented preceding rituals... gradually the rituals lost their real meanings! The yogic steps that were the essence, were soon forgotten, replaced by chants and postures and deities that were quite irrelevent!

After the end of the Pala era, the Buddhists who could, took refuge in forests, most wise ones found their way to Tibet (follow the silk route) and the rest were either killed or converted to Islam. Bihar, which was the main seat of Buddhism, became a killing ground for the Buddhists. The famous Nalanda University was burnt to ashes. The Islamic word "Booth-Parasti" meaning "Idol worship" was coined during this period by the conquerors. "Booth" means "Buddha". The monasteries were lavishly decorated with idols of Buddha and numerous other deities. The gold hidden in the monasteries were the sought after items. Also, the Hindu Kings turned their backs to the fallen Vajrayana Buddhists. They were fed up with the Tantric sexual orgies and frequent abortions of vajrayana nuns! This resulted in a huge population of social outcasts! 500 years ago, (from now) Sri Chaitanya absorbed them back into the mainstream of the society and this in turn resulted in a sudden increase in the Vaishnava population. Thus Buddhist Vipassana became extinct from India, centuries ago, vanished without trace with the Pala Dynasty. The Buddhists came back later, but the Jem of Vipassana was long lost, only the skeleton of Buddhism remained. Though, I must mention the Buddhist Lamas deep in the Himalayas. They must have retained it somehow.

Ajapa sadhana has always remained with the great Hindu yogis of the Himalayas (another form of Vipassana). Hints are also in the Gita. Chapter 4, verse 29. Sewing up mantras with the inhalation and exhalation is a very ancient technique of the Yogis of yore, even before Patanjali. Recently, Vipassana has reappeared again. Hints about it are scattered in Dhammapada. This wonderful meditation remained hidden among the Buddhists of Thailand for many centuries.

For basics about the spirit, Bhagavad Gita Chapter 2, Sankhyayoga is a treasure chest. The Upanishads are great too, but there are so many and they are sooo vast. I like Shvetashvatara Upanishad Not only does it describe the Absolute Consciousness, but also gives hints about Yoga in gradual stages. Wisdom without real experience is of no use. So a basic knowledge and consistant practice are both necessary.

Last edited by sesame; 08-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thanks for elaborating on the history somewhat sesame. Forget what I told you about going to the bookstore this weekend, I found a much cheaper means of procuring Vedic literature.

www.vedicbooks.net
Old 08-15-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

mop5 is on a distinguished road

can i know you
Old 08-15-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

mop5 is on a distinguished road
Default ah

can i know you
Old 08-15-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Patanjali's Yoga Sutras

I just found this marvelous piece of work.
The whole Patanjali's Yoga Sutras translated by Adept Yogi Swami Vivekananda himself! Nothing can be better. Its so much better and insightful than inexperienced scholars trying to find the meanings of the sutras by guesswork! Now I have someone who has walked the full length of the path.

Here is the link: RAJA YOGA

The Yoga Sutras start on pagecount 97/230 of the ipaper.