Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 01-30-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of
Default Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone

This is for my friend Boner since he said he hadn’t discovered Kelly until recently (yeah, more like I was just looking for an excuse to post this and watch it again).

Enjoy!
Old 02-01-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Boner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant future

Very nice- thanks Andy!

One of these days I’ll figure out how to post videos too
Old 02-10-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of
Default White Zombie - Welcome to Planet Motherfucker (1992)

Best YouTube Comments:

“Do u have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with?”

“Sean Yseult rules.”

“One of the few CDs I can put on in my car and listen from beginning to the end every song on this CD is a masterpiece.”

“Workout playlist for sure.”

Last edited by a9127; 09-22-2019 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Judas Priest - Dissident Aggressor

From the album “Sin After Sin.” Recorded in 1977 it was light years ahead of its time. Even the cover artwork. The girl sitting outside the temple is very sexy. I have often wondered if she is cis or trans? Does it even matter? Although this album was released several years before I was born, I do know music from many different generations. At least to me, this entire album (especially this song) sounds like nothing else from that era. Listening to it, it is almost impossible to believe this is a 42 year old song!

Of particular note is the incredible drumming of Simon Philips who at the time was only 19. This would be the only album he would record with Judas Priest. Phillips was known as an innovator and is considered one of the greatest drummers of all time.

Rob Halford, one of the earliest rockers to come “out of the closet,” was a powerful frontman with an amazing voice and dominating stage presence. He was bigger than the other members and clad in “biker gear” would ride his trademark Harley onstage. When I was about 12 or 13 my dad commented on a few of my “band” posters. He thought they “all looked like girls.” Then he pointed to this big guy with short hair on a motorcycle (not realizing he was gay or bi) and said “You should be like him.” Well looking back, I guess I DID sorta turn out to be like him…

Best YouTube Comments:

“This was 1977. Think about that for a second. What sounded like this before then? Nothing.”

“Way ahead of it's time...to think disco was happening at the same time...a true musically artistic statement.”

"The drumming is so over the top, they could have hired this guy forever...so intense and complex."

“Teenaged drummer Simon Phillips on this killer track. Respect!”

“And with this song a new form of music was born they came to call it metal.”
Old 03-06-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default April Wine - Crash And Burn

From 1981. The late 70’s and early 80’s strike me as somewhat of a “golden” era for hard rock and the beginnings of metal. Great sounding guitars, bass, drumming, and songwriting. My own “era” was somewhat later. Roughly 1989 through 2010 which included more “extreme” forms of metal, grunge, and the much maligned “nu metal” genre. Still, I love going back in time and checking out some of these bands. Many of these songs are on my “workout” playlist.

Best YouTube Comments:

“So heavy for the time.”

“140 mph down the interstate to this song, good times... Did it 2-3 am, no lives at risk, except my own.” (Me: Only 140? )

“Whoa!!! This is really cool!!! I love it when I rediscover good music!!!”

“Check out the drums freaking awesome!!!”

"At least you get to hear the Bad Ass Jams that your mommy and daddy fucked to in order to have you" (Me: So I was conceived to this? Well, that explains a lot)
Old 03-07-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Black Sabbath – Into the Void

Even farther back in time. All the way to 1971. What sounded like this? More than anything else, to me at least, this is the true beginning of heavy metal although I’m not sure the term “heavy metal” was even used back then. Black Sabbath were from Birmingham, England. In 1971, the US was still fighting the Vietnam War, the Apollo moon landings were taking place, Nixon was President, Watergate had not yet happened, “Dirty Harry” was in the theaters, something called the “ARPANET” was being developed to explore the networking of computers, and you could buy a Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 2 Door Hardtop with a 454 for only $3,611 USD.

Best YouTube Comments:

“I don’t always listen to Sabbath, but when I do, so do my neighbors.”

“Jesus, this is what, '71? The riffs that Iommi came up with were so ahead of the curve it's absurd."

“…perhaps the absolute heaviest song of all time....”

“When that bass kicks in lawd have mercy.” (Me: That’s Geezer Butler. )

“Still kills me that most people think of Sabbath as simply Iron Man. Good song but they have so many better ones.”
Attached Thumbnails
sabbath.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 03-07-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Five Finger Death Punch – Dying Breed

From the 2009 album, "War Is The Answer." Considered an “old” song now. But these guys are still around and it’s great stuff to workout to. Goes well with Testosterone.
Old 05-05-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Staind - Mudshovel (Official Video)

It was either the “official” video (censored) or the lyric video with the album cover only. Figured you would like to watch the video… You can fill in the words.

Mudshovel was released in October 1999. I bought this CD in early 2000. Can’t believe it’s been 20 years…

Best YouTube Comments:

“The definition of anger.”

“Yes... need more of this currently. Oh when music was talent instead of noise!” (Me: I totally agree we need more music like this. But my dad thought this was noise. My grandparents thought the Beatles and Rolling Stones were noise. And I bet their parents thought Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra were noise, and so on and so on… )

“Reminds me of highschool dayz yeaa…” (Me: Yeah. Me too. But are you really my age or is this my 9 year old niece (“highschool dayz yeaa”)? Although around 1994-95 I did in fact name the first website I ever did “Andyz Home Page.” It featured exotic “carz.” Fuck, that’s embarrassing… )

“That bass tho!”

“I loved Staind back in 2001, then when Modern Metal hit... (Me: I thought this was “Modern Metal”? Shit, guess it’s time to join the AARP? )

“Pretty much sums up the FNaF story.” (Me: OK, this is my niece. The “FNaF” reference gives her away.)

Last edited by a9127; 05-05-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Black Sabbath - Disturbing The Priest

I thought this one might be fun to post. Released in late 1983 while Black Sabbath was going through their separation from Ozzy, this album featured Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple—you know, “Smoke On The Water” and all that…) on vocals. Gillan also sang the role of Jesus on the original recording of “Jesus Christ Superstar” in 1970. Here you have what may be Sabbath’s most evil sound ever fronted by Jesus.

The other story involves the album cover. Widely considered the “worst” cover of all time, it is based on a real picture of a newborn from a 60’s medical journal. Rejected at first by the band and management, Tony Iommi, lead guitarist, decided he liked it and so that was that.

Sales of the album have done better through the years as more people “discovered” hard rock in the 80’s and 90’s. Today, it is considered a rock “classic.” Some good stuff here.
Old 05-13-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Saliva - Always

Released in 2002. This is the “uncensored” version. The video was edited by MTV to remove the references to “pistol” and “blood.” I had this CD of course. I assumed the singer committed suicide over a breakup with his girlfriend. That, or else he killed her… ("all I can hear is the sound...") I guess it’s up to the listener to decide. Very intense subject matter in either case. “Click Cilck Boom” and this song were on my football “pre-game” playlist. If it doesn't sound like your “brand of vodka” better pass on this one. "Always" reached #1 on the Billboard Modern Rock tracks in February 2003.

Here’s what Wikipedia says about the video:

Quote:
Directed by Charles Infante, the video focuses on a young man, played by future Criminal Minds star Matthew Gray Gubler (Me: Awesome! I never knew that. Bet you’re surprised I’m a fan of “Criminal Minds.” Not. Especially “A.J.” ) who appears to be haunted by a woman of his past, sporadically appearing throughout the city. The video ends with the man, enraged, destroying a telephone booth before collapsing to the ground. MTV requested an edit of the lyrics in the final verse. The line "the pistol shaking in my hand, and all I can hear is the sound" was edited to replace the word "pistol" with "anger" in the video version.
Wonder if my younger friends know what that is on the cover? God that makes me feel old.
Old 05-22-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Californication (Metal Cover by Leo Moracchioli)

“Californication” is by far my favorite song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. One of their biggest hits, it was released in 2000 and has been played at every show since then according to what I’ve read. I have seen them perform it in concert.

If you aren’t aware of him on YouTube, Leo Moracchioli has gained quite a following through his “metal” versions of pop hits. He has covered everything from Lady GaGa and Adele to “Despacito” and "Zombie.” An extremely talented musician who plays all instruments, he records his covers at his home studio in Norway. Sometimes his wife joins him on bass, or their daughter takes part in the video. They even have done a version of “Baby Shark” so that will give you some idea. I am a huge fan of his.

Unlike many of the “hard rock” versions out there his covers are not in my opinion disrespectful of the original artists. Although if you don’t like “heavy metal”…

Sometimes he does a cover that I genuinely like better than the original. I love this song as originally performed but this is one of those cases. The video was filmed at the 2017 NAMM show in Los Angeles.

The song’s lyrics are very intense (if you know what it’s about) and were written by Anthony Kiedis the RHCP’s lead singer.

“First born unicorn” is a reference to Dorothy Stratten a Playboy Playmate who was murdered in 1980. The “metal” treatment adds additional intensity to an already awesome song. While no one could improve on John Frusciante’s original guitar solo, I especially like how Leo turns that part over to several “relatively unknown” guitar players giving them recognition.
Old 05-28-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Brujeria - Pura De Venta Leyes Narcos

More listening unpleasantness from the world of extreme metal. This time in Spanish. Brujeria (Witchcraft or Sorcery) was a side project founded by Dino Cazares (Guitar) and Raymond Herrera (Drums) of the band “Fear Factory.” One I grew up listening to and have been to see in concert. Dino was one of the first I’d ever seen use a 7-String guitar.

“Matando Güeros” was released in 1993. However, I did not learn of the album until much later although I had been a fan of Fear Factory for several years. Not all members were Hispanic or Latino. Shane Embury (Guitar and Bass) had been a member of “Napalm Death” and was born in Born in Broseley, Shropshire, England. The band was meant to be somewhat “tongue in cheek.”

The severed head on the cover is allegedly real. The story behind it is he had been an informant or narcotics agent who was murdered by a drug cartel. The album was banned due to its cover and violent drug related content. One of the songs on the album, an instrumental, is called “Chinga tu Madre.” I’m sure even if you don’t speak Spanish you can figure it out.

Last edited by a9127; 05-28-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Metallica - Battery (cover by Leo, 66Samus, Trey & Noah)

Leo once again. This time he covers Metallica’s “Battery” turning the guitar, bass, and drums over to his friends: Trey Xavier, Noah Martin, and 66Samus.

Again, if you are a fan of this style of music, especially “classic” Metallica (1986), you will love this. And if not… well, let’s just say “I warned you.”

Personally, I don’t know how this cover could be improved upon. Seriously. The only thing “missing” was that they didn’t go right into “Master of Puppets” after.

(My wife was quite accurate in her assessment of my musical tastes. She listens to everything and knows a lot about music and she has met many famous musicians and celebrities. Her “ex” was a guitar player in an Indianapolis based band, they split largely due to his drug and alcohol abuse. Anyway, she had this to say about my own preferences: “You like that crazy, loud, heavy shit and you like whatever your girls do. Everything else you think sucks.” What could I say? )
Old 06-06-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Feel Good Inc. (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

I’m sure most of you will recognize this one. The original was performed by Gorillaz in 2005 and hit #1 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks.

Best YouTube Comments:

“I love how everybody is so nonchalant about a heavy metal guitar playing rabbit running around.”

“Please cover Slayer Raining Blood.”

“Idk how i feel about it but i think its growing on me.”

“Great cover man, I love the heavy guitar on this track, it brings power to the original song!”

“WHEN YOU TAKE ALL THE DRUGS AT ONCE.”
Old 06-11-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Plasmatics - Tight Black Pants (Live)

Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics live! From 1980. Before my time, I credit my older cousins for introducing me to lots of good music much to my parents’ shock and anguish. I have an original pressing of “New Hope For The Wretched” on vinyl—but nothing to play it on… “Tight Black Pants” is the first track.

Wendy is really cute here. She was one of the earliest pioneers for women in modern rock. Especially punk and hard rock. Her stage act often consisted of using a chain saw to cut a guitar in half, smashing a TV with a sledgehammer, and blowing shit up.

Wendy took her own life in 1998. From what I know she suffered from depression for many years. You can read about it on the Internet. I think Wendy would rather we celebrate her life and enjoy her music.

Here is a review from Instant Karma Records:

Quote:
This is a 2014 remaster of The Plasmatics Earth Shaking 1980 debut album "New Hope For The Wretched" Right when you thought Punk was dead Fuck You!!! Along cums the Plasmatics sticking it in your eye with "Butcher Baby." The first catchy tune to utilize a chainsaw on a hit record. This edition includes a second album of live performances of some wonderfully sick shit This double album has been pressed with some baby vomit colored vinyl. The songs on this sonic disaster are: Tight Black Pants,Monkey Suit, Living Dead, Test Tube Babies, Won't You, Concrete Shoes, Squirm (Live), Want You Baby, Dreamlover, Sometimes I, Corruption, Butcher Baby, Sometimes I (live) Tight Pants (live), Butcher Baby (live), Corruption (live), You Think Your Comin' & Fast Food Service.
Attached Thumbnails
PC298030_1024x1024.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 06-11-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Primer 55 - This Life (Explicit)

August 14, 2001. Nu-Metal was at its peak. Formed in Memphis, Tennessee, a relatively unknown band, at least compared to Slipknot, Korn, Godsmack, and Disturbed, came out with their second studio album “The New Release.” It peaked at #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and #102 on the Billboard 200.

The album was shelved by their record company after the attacks of “9/11.” If you are too young to remember that tragic day, or weren’t born yet, one of the dumbest things that occurred afterward was the infamous “Clear Channel Memo” banning over 150 songs including everything by Rage Against the Machine. Snopes however claims this was more of an "Advisory List" for radio stations. The perception at the time among people my age was that this amounted to a "ban." A search will quickly find this memo.

“This Life” is very intense, the subject was someone the singer knew who was in an abusive relationship:

Bruises on your face, I guess you fell down the steps again
that's such a shame, cause you let it,
you let it happen over and over again

This isn't what you wanted
someone to break you down every motherfucking day
it's not the life you wanted
someone to break you, someone to make you

It's just another day, the last day he touches you again
but there’s a price he'll pay
pull the trigger…

“55” refers to Interstate 55 which runs from Chicago to St. Louis to Memphis. Listening to this album again in 2019 I couldn't help but think of “This Life” as the Metal version of “Face Down.” Although “This Life” preceded that song by at least 3 or 4 years. No one should have to suffer abuse, verbal or physical. I’m glad that music often speaks to that. Maybe more people will pay attention.

Like many of the songs from this era, this was always on my “pre-game” football playlist.

RIP Jason "J-Sin" Luttrell (1978-2018)

Last edited by a9127; 06-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Godsmack – Speak

From their album “IV” released in 2006. This was the first “CD” that I purchased on-line and downloaded in its entirety (from iTunes). Can’t imagine why I like this video… There’s enough Testosterone here that I won’t need to inject tonight.

Shannon Larkin (drums) is a God. I’ve seen them perform both with Tommy (their original drummer) and with Shannon.

Last edited by a9127; 06-18-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default UFO - Rock Bottom

Years ago at a motorcycle rally I heard a band playing this in a bar. Thought it was a cool jam. The crowd, almost all of whom were older than me went wild.

Using the phrase “rock bottom” looked it up when I got back home. Of course that’s the song’s title. From 1974. The guitarist is Michael Schenker, younger brother of Rudolf Schenker from the 80’s band Scorpions. Looked him up. He’s only 19 here.

In 1975, UFO released a followup album called “Force It.” Below is the “censored” cover. You may have to look closely…
Attached Thumbnails
ufo-force-it-censored.jpg  
Old 06-29-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Die Antwoord - I FINK U FREEKY (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

My friend Leo is up to it again with a little help from his wife, Stine.

Best YouTube Comments:

“This is like Static-X meets Die Antwoord and I love it!”

“This is literally the coolest thing I've ever heard in my life.”

“They are made by a company called DR. You can get em at any Guitar Center in the US.” (Me: Glow in the dark strings.)

“Oh my fuckinggod!!!!”

“This is the best cover I think he's ever done. ❤️” (Me: It’s already on my workout playlist.)
Old 06-29-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Three Dog Night – One

The “groovy” 60’s! Fuck yeah! A child of the 80’s, when I was still pre-school age, I “inherited” many albums from my older cousins and especially my aunt (my mom’s oldest sister, who was something of a hippie—she also taught me how to roll a joint, but we won’t talk about that now. ).

I have been told that I was a huge “Three Dog Night” fan although I barely remember much from that time. My mom and dad have said that that was the last band I listened to that they didn’t mind. Geeze, and I always thought they loved “Cannibal Corpse.”

“One” was a major hit reaching #5 on June 28, 1969. Three Dog Night had 3 #1 hits in the 60’s and 70’s. 11 in the “top ten” and more than 20 singles that charted. Maybe their best known song was “Joy to the World” (Jerimiah was a bullfrog). Four musicians and three singers. Floyd Sneed (drums) was known for using a large double-bass clear acrylic kit. Something very unusual for a “pop” band. An innovator, his style of playing added power and drive to their songs. He has been a major influence for many modern drummers and still plays today at 76. Joe Schermie, bass, also stands out on this song. His bass playing is very “heavy” and is featured prominently. Along with the haunting piano and strong drumming, the bass sets the mood for what is definitely my favorite Three Dog Night song. Sadly, Joe passed away in 2002.

A great album of the period featuring the original lineup is “Captured Live at The Forum.” Recorded in September 1969, this was the Los Angeles Forum. Where the Lakers used to play until Staples Center was built in 2000. Of course I remember the picture of the three girls at the edge of the stage. Wonder how old they would be today?

Three Dog Night is scheduled to play Belterra Casino in Southern Indiana, October 5. Will check it out. Could be a fun “bike” trip and weekend getaway.
Attached Thumbnails
floyd-sneed-clear-drums.jpg   903397_1000.jpg   girls.JPG  

Last edited by a9127; 06-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default The Pusher – Steppenwolf (Live)

One thing I’ve noticed while listening to music of the 60’s is the lack of “cuss words” especially the “F-word.” Maybe it was just a different time? I can’t believe people didn’t swear. They must have. I mean what did they say when they got mad? “gosh, gee whiz, darn, heck, shoot, and fudge”? I don’t think so. George Carlin’s “7 Words” monologue was from 1972. The words were: shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits.

There was most likely just more censorship in music, TV, and movies.

Not this song however. This album was also “loaned” to me by my Aunt. Never realized it before but this is probably what started my love of hard rock. Of course everybody knows “Born To Be Wild.”

I got in trouble for playing this song. My dad heard it coming from my room, came in and made me take it off. I never learned if my mom ever said anything to my aunt but she still gave me stuff to listen to. So probably not. Looking back it was a great way to learn about music. BTW It was my aunt that also introduced me to Black Sabbath a few years later. Even Ozzy didn’t swear back then.

(We are leaving soon after the July 4th holiday. Hope you got to see my tribute to Sharon Tate in the Divas thread . I’ve revised it so it reads much better. Was in a hurry and basically uploaded a draft. Bad idea. One of these days I’ll learn to fucking write…. Andy.)
Attached Thumbnails
placeholder-title.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 07-02-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Riot - Swords & Tequila

Probably my last post from Zionsville for a while. We are heading out early tomorrow. Going to travel around the USA and visit relatives. Will be pulling the “5th wheel” RV I posted a few weeks ago behind a Ford F-350 Diesel “dually.” It’s black of course. My wife wouldn’t let me airbrush “Slayer US Tour 2019” on the side.

Will check in now and then and post from various locations. Hope to see some more activity on this site. Maybe it will pick up in my absence?

Found this “heavy metal classic” after searching almost a lifetime. First heard it on the radio when I was about five. The song had already been around for a while. The band was called “Riot.” Looked them up. Now they’re called “Riot V.” Regarding the album cover, is that ila as a little kid? Didn’t know he formed a band when he was younger.

“Swords & Tequila.” Fuck yeah! Can’t get better than that. True story of how I found it: Was searching for songs from “Riot” by Paramore (you know, Hayley? ) and somehow this came up in my results. Saw the title and decided to listen. So after 30 years, at last I have found it! Pretty good hard rock song. Not the “extreme” metal stuff I typically listen to. Enjoy!
Old 07-24-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Hurra Torpedo – Live at the Big Texan 2006

We are heading East on I-40. This interstate parallels the famous “Route 66” that was once the main highway in the United States. A “must stop at” place along the way is the Big Texan in Amarillo. They have great food and beer. Except for the rattlesnake. It’s tough and bony. The menu warns that if you complain, you will be brought a live one. And they are known for offering a free 72oz steak if you can finish it. They also have a place to park your RV.

“Hurra Torpedo” hails from Norway and first got attention back in 1995 doing covers of popular songs played on appliances accompanied only by a guitar. Probably their best known cover is “Total Eclipse of The Heart.”

People in Texas carry guns on their hips like they are in a “Clint Eastwood” movie. And our Ford F350 is right at home here.

(I got in trouble with my wife. Our waitress was hot and flirted with me--I'm sure she does that with everybody. I’m sleeping in the back of the RV tonight… )

Last edited by a9127; 09-28-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Shocking Blue - Venus (Official Video)

It’s already August 2019. Soon 1970 will be 50 years ago. Trying to think of something big that happened that year. Did the Beatles break up? Seems like 1969 was more eventful. But this was the beginning of “the 70’s.” It took a while for everything to get going. Nixon was still the US president but would resign in 1974. Personal technology like calculators, digital watches, and early video games were beginning to enter daily life. And the moon landings continued into 1972. I think “Apollo 13” occurred in early 1970 (Note: Everyone my age believes “Tom Hanks” was the commander of that mission. Why is it the thing I remember most was his Corvette in the beginning of the movie? ). Seriously, Jim Lovell was commander and yes they brought the astronauts home alive. Amazing and true story and from what I’ve heard the movie was fairly accurate.

But I am getting “off topic.”

“Venus” by Shocking Blue reached #1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 early that year. Watching the video, I think they almost have a “grunge” look. Long before it ever existed. Except of course for their singer Mariska Veres who is totally gorgeous (RIP 1947-2006)

Here are a few more pics of Mariska.
Attached Thumbnails
mariska.jpg   hqdefault.jpg   500full-mariska-veres.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 08-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The rest of the 70's. God knows I can't criticize anybody else’s taste in music. I’m sure my own “heavier” tastes do not meet with much approval for example.

Even my wife “hates” most the stuff I listen to. She calls it that “shit you work out to.” And remarked one time that you “like that crazy, loud, heavy stuff, and the stuff your girls do…” What could I say? She was right as usual.

Anyway here is a link to a site that has conducted polls going back to the 1950’s to determine the “worst” songs of each decade. And 1974 “a very special year” Please do not take offense at the selections. I bet we all like something that is on one of these lists. Even a few “oldies” that I like are on there. Especially “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon. Can’t be. Can’t fuckin’ be… See Carly’s pic below.

Unfortunately the poll ends in the 90’s. Would love to see it continued through today. Or is it just that everything in the 2000's sucks? I don’t think so. There is still good music being made.
Attached Thumbnails
carly.JPG  

Last edited by a9127; 08-15-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Dope - Die Mother Fucker Die

Wasn’t “nu-metal” awesome? No? I’m not sure there will ever be another era like this. And maybe that’s a good thing… From “Life” released November 6, 2001. “Die MF Die” was always on my “workout” and “pre-game” playlists.

Hell, I still listen to it sometimes when I lift. If Hayley Williams represents my “kinder, gentler, better” side this… umm… well…

The funny thing is when I read the “YouTube” comments there appeared to be few people my own age commenting. But I have always sort of felt if you are “over 19” you shouldn’t be on YouTube anyway. This song must have been “re-discovered” by the younger generation. I see a lot of references to Fortnite, Call of Duty, and other games. Shit I bet Minecraft players even listen to it.

Or else they are all in their 30’s like me and still think they are “18.” Do they have jobs? Own a home? Support families? Have friends? Ever been laid?

I admit I like this stuff but not everyone does. I was also always very careful about where and when I played it. At football practice or the gym but not in front of mom and dad.

Interesting to note that Billie Eilish wasn’t born yet when this song came out. My nieces favorite singer. She is the future of music, trust me on this.
Old 08-23-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Evanescence - Sweet Sacrifice

Amy Lee

Long before Hayley Williams , Amy was my #1 celeb crush. Checked her birthday since I just had mine. An “older” woman (like a year). Went to see Evanescence with my “ex” in the early to mid 2000s. I’m sure it contributed to the breakup of our marriage.

(I absolutely refuse to get drawn into Paramore/Evanescence comparisons. Can’t you like them both? Also I’ve heard critics say she can’t sing as well live. Think that’s bullshit. She was awesome when we saw her. )

Last edited by a9127; 08-23-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Evanescence - What You Want

Amy Lee again.

Since I couldn’t make up my mind which one to post I posted both of them
Old 09-12-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Kansas - Child of Innocence

Here’s something different for you. From 1975. Story behind it is there was a professor of mine in college who had the picture of the face made of fishes on his office door. Just the artwork. He noticed me looking at it one time and asked me if I had ever heard of “Kansas.” I knew enough about music that yes I knew he meant the band. I said “aren’t they the ones who did that ‘sailing song’ (Point of Know Return)?” Laughing he said “Yes. But they did a lot of good stuff too.”

Anyway he lent me an old tape of this and I found a boombox to play it on. He told me to listen to this song and “Icarus.” Pretty amazing for it’s time. I’ve since listened to other songs by them. “Carry on Wayward Son” is perhaps their best known hit. But this song is by far my favorite. They are all extremely gifted musicians, way ahead of their time. The drummer is awesome. They even had a violin player. Something you don’t see everyday… Very “heavy” song and subject matter. The lyrics are quite intense. Not the “lets get high and fuck” that one sometimes expects from the 70’s.

Not that there’s anything wrong with fucking…

(Guess they still play. Maybe we will get to see them sometime? Wonder how old they are? )
Attached Thumbnails
kansas10115_360x.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 09-12-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added picture of Phil Ehart today.
Old 09-14-2019
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

techno883 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
The rest of the 70's. God knows I can't criticize anybody else’s taste in music. I’m sure my own “heavier” tastes do not meet with much approval for example.

Even my wife “hates” most the stuff I listen to. She calls it that “shit you work out to.” And remarked one time that you “like that crazy, loud, heavy stuff, and the stuff your girls do…” What could I say? She was right as usual.

Anyway here is a link to a site that has conducted polls going back to the 1950’s to determine the “worst” songs of each decade. And 1974 “a very special year” Please do not take offense at the selections. I bet we all like something that is on one of these lists. Even a few “oldies” that I like are on there. Especially “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon. Can’t be. Can’t fuckin’ be… See Carly’s pic below.

Unfortunately the poll ends in the 90’s. Would love to see it continued through today. Or is it just that everything in the 2000's sucks? I don’t think so. There is still good music being made.
OMG, her smile is breath taking. Who is she? Any other pics available? LOL, never mind , I just read the rest of this post. Boy do I feel silly.
Old 09-15-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Carly Simon - You're so Vain

To Dauls. Wow. Thanks for sharing this. “Shocking Blue” really were ahead of their time. Definitely hear and see the early “grunge” in this. Although I doubt it was called that back then. Maybe “acid rock”? Did not know Nirvana covered this song. Or were around in 1988 either! I noticed he’s listed as “Kurdt” Cobain and I was about to say something about Dave Grohl’s drumming but their drummer is listed as “Chad Channing.”

To techno883. Here’s a few more pics of Carly Simon along with “You’re so Vain.” I think this is the original from 1972. That’s Mick Jagger singing backup. She was married to James Taylor at one time. My “ex” and I saw him years ago here in Indianapolis. She wanted to go. He performed a “blues” jam that was awesome. One of the few concerts I’ve been to that featured “good” music. And the crowd was well behaved.
Attached Thumbnails
c00cbf6c34a2b28c514a059974bfaef7--carly-simon-rock-songs.jpg   13e760776575b33de1eaa767269cbc4e--carley-simon-female-singers.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 09-22-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Rush - Tom Sawyer (Official Music Video)

“Tom Sawyer” was recorded in the winter of ’80-‘81 at Le Studio. A residential recording studio in the Laurentian Mountains near the town of Morin-Heights, Quebec, Canada built in 1972 by recording engineer and producer André Perry, Nick Blagona and Yaël Brandeis.

The studio, where artists recorded and stayed, was the venue for many notable Canadian and international artists, including Rush, The Police, Bee Gees, Chicago, David Bowie and Cat Stevens. Perry described the facility as "The United Nations. I had people from London, New York, Quebec, all over the world."

Renowned for its retreat-like location as well as its state-of-the-art equipment, according to Wikipedia, it was one of the earliest studios to install a Solid State Logic mixing deck and RADAR digital-recording equipment.

Perry sold the studio in 1988. In 2008 the studio had gone out of business, and as of 2015 the property was up for sale. On 11 August 2017, the building was partially destroyed by "a suspicious" fire.

Neil Peart (drums)

(Picture must be from the 1970’s. “All The World’s A Stage” tour maybe?)
Attached Thumbnails
c27ba546ae474d7807f0e541a1205e84.jpg  
Old 09-30-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Rush - Distant Early Warning

The awesome 80’s. Fuck yeah! Something less heavy musically but still intense subject matter.

This is “Distant Early Warning” from Grace Under Pressure. From 1984! At that time there was real fear among many that the US and Russia would somehow get into a nuclear exchange thereby bringing on Armageddon.

Many TV shows and movies of the time played up this “End of World” theme: “The Day After,” “War Games” (Ally Sheedy ), “World War III,” “Special Bulletin,” and “Red Dawn” are a few that I have seen. From what I understand, the threat was very real. The “Terminator” movies also played up the nuclear apocalypse theme although that was the result of “computers taking over” (another common fear of the time) and eliminating humanity. And gave rise to Arnold Schwarzenegger’s career.

This video definitely is showing its age. But is still very cool. Sort of like me.

I’m surprised the technology depicted was not more “state of the art.” The radar screens and aircraft launching the missle carrying the little boy look like something out of 1930’s sci fi.

Rush as always is awesome. These guys are still playing as far as I know and I like the “Miami Vice” jacket and hair that Geddy Lee (bass) is wearing. Speaking of Geddy Lee, that is allegedly his son in the video. Not much older than me. Shit, why couldn’t MY dad have played for a rock band instead of working for General Motors? Anyway, If I were to choose one of them to be my “dad” it would have to be Neil Peart--God of drums. Would have loved to find a red Tama double bass set like that under the tree for Christmas.

Hope you enjoy this look back!

(Originally Rush intended to carry out the video to its logical conclusion. With the boy crashing into a city and the nuclear warhead detonating. This apparently was considered too intense and edited out. I have not been able to confirm this.)
Old 10-12-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default What I've Done (Official Video) - Linkin Park

Heard this one earlier today. Haven’t listened to it in years. From the first “Transformers” in 2007. My wife was playing an iHeart channel featuring Paramore and related bands while she was working on her computer. I think hoping that I’d like Hayley again. Aww… That’s really sweet.

Most of the music on this channel I would classify as lighter “nu metal,” “pop,” and “emo.” Some Evanescence. Amy. No Slayer, Ozzy, or Metallica.

This song plays at the end of the movie as the credits begin and is heard on Bumblebee's radio when Sam drops Mikaela Banes off at her house. Mikaela is of course played by Megan Fox.

Good song and follow-up to the one above. We still have a lot to learn.

RIP Chester (1976-2017).
Old 11-02-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Rebecca Black - Friday (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

Read somewhere that Rebecca Black had turned 22 this year and is still pursuing a career in music and modeling. Everyone made fun of her song at the time (2011) but it got her a lot of publicity and started a career. Nothing wrong with that. I once heard a cover she did of Miley’s “We Can’t Stop” and thought it was pretty good. They also did away with the “drug” references.

Anyway it got me thinking: “Wonder if my friend Leo has ever covered ‘Friday’?” Turns out he has.

Just hope the Barbies in the video are “over 18.”

(Below is a pic of Rebecca from her Instagram. Dated July 2019, so she’s just turned 22.)
Attached Thumbnails
rebecca-black-instagram-pictures-07-06-2019-1.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 11-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Depeche Mode - It's No Good (Lyrics)

Hope you like this one. No “nu metal” this time. I promise. From the album “Ultra” released in 1997. This was my first girlfriend’s favorite song. Brings back a lot of good memories.

Best YouTube comments:

“Aquaman brought me here.”

“It’s so good music.....Thanks DM.”

“Groovy...” (Me: Yeah, I guess it is. But this was the 90’s. Not the 60’s… Or is “groovy” coming back? )

“Disco times are remembered by this great song.” (Me: Disco!!! Jesus. That was the 70’s. How old do you think I am? On second thought, maybe you were born after 2000 and the 80’s and 90’s just seem like the 70’s? )
Old 11-28-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Pantera – Sandblasted Skin

Shit. You knew it wouldn’t last. Here’s Pantera. Happy Thanksgiving! These guys had a big influence on me and my musical tastes. This album “The Great Southern Trendkill” was released in 1996. Of course I lifted to it and it was one I listened to a lot before games.

This is what Wikipedia had to say:

Quote:
Being Pantera's most aggressive album to date, The Great Southern Trendkill is known for featuring lots of screaming, most notably on "Suicide Note Pt. II" and "The Great Southern Trendkill" while also featuring some of the fastest tempos and most down-tuned guitars ("The Underground in America" and "(Reprise) Sandblasted Skin" were played in drop G tuning) that the band ever recorded.
“Dimebag” (1966-2004) and Vinnie (1964-2018). RIP

Best YouTube comments:

“Very brutal song off Pantera's best album in my opinion. Love it.”

“Pantera wrote the hardest mid-tempo grooves that make you feel like you're made of pure steel.”

“This song predicted the future of nu metal.”

“I wasn't into Pantera until I heard this album. This blows my mind.”

“Vince’s drumming in this is out of this world.”

(True story: Soon after we met, my now wife and I stopped at a “Dollar General” on the way home after one of our first dates. I made a joke about “The fucking dollar store.” She laughed. She knew what I meant! Not long after, I asked her to marry me. )
Old 12-17-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Entombed - Drowned

Years before there was “nu-metal” there was this. “Left Hand Path” is the debut studio album by Swedish death metal band Entombed, released on June 4, 1990.

My “introduction” to this style of music came a few years later when an older kid in our neighborhood let me borrow his copy of “World Downfall” by Terrorizer. My parents, especially my Mom, hated this type of music. Even Metallica and Slayer were preferable. So naturally, I loved it.

True story: My friend also loaned me a CD of “Eaten Back to Life” by Cannibal Corpse. I kept this one hidden and was careful not to play it when my parents were around. Still, my Mom found it and threw it in the trash. I had to buy my friend a new CD.

According to Wikipedia, the title of the album refers to the “Left-Hand Path” belief system. Guitarist Alex Hellid found the term in Anton LaVey's book The Satanic Bible. The more melodic, ambient section that comes in at 3:54 of the title track is a cover of the theme from the 1979 horror film Phantasm.

The album is known for defining the style of Swedish death metal by being the first studio album to use the "buzzsaw" guitar tone. The tone was created by heavily detuned electric guitars used with a maxed out Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal Pedal and the DS-1 Distortion pedal into a Peavey amp. The originator of this guitar tone was Nihilist guitarist Leif "Leffe" Cuzner.

"Drowned" was featured in the 2009 video game Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned on the radio station Liberty City Hardcore.

You learn something new every day…
Old 12-24-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Deep Purple - Stormbringer (Made in Europe, 1975)

“Stormbringer” was from Deep Purple’s 1974 album of the same name. This is the live version from “Made in Europe” (1975). One of my favorite bands from the past.

One of the most striking things was the picture of the tornado used on the cover. We get a lot of them in the mid-west United States. Have seen quite a few since I’ve lived in Indiana. Always wondered if this was “real” or not. Turns out it is. It was taken from an early photo of a tornado that struck Jasper, Minnesota, July 8, 1927 (photo courtesy NOAA).

Ritchie Blackmore (guitar) and Ian Paice (no his drums aren’t set up backwards, he’s left handed) especially stand out to me. David Coverdale handles vocals in this line-up. Jon Lord on keyboards, And Glenn Hughes on bass.

“Stormbringer coming. Time to die.” Yep. Sounds like something I would’ve listened to…

(The color picture is from the vinyl re-master of 2009. )
Attached Thumbnails
maxresdefault.jpg   jaspertornado1927.jpg  
Old 02-23-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Black Sabbath – War Pigs Live (1970)

Fuck yeah!!! Fifty years ago. I don’t know about you, but to me this is the real beginning of what we now call “Heavy Metal.” I’m not sure the term was even used back then. Don’t know what they called it? It’s more extreme than “Hard Rock” or “Acid Rock.” De-tuned and distorted guitar and bass (Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler ). Evil lyrical themes. Unbelievably heavy drumming (Bill Ward ). Love the old “Slingerland” Jazz kit. They used to be made in Chicago, IL. Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa played them. He beats the shit out of it. I’m surprised it didn’t break into pieces. Eventually he would add another bass drum. What else was like this at that time?

Here’s what Wikipedia had to say:

Quote:
The original title of "War Pigs" was "Walpurgis", dealing with the witches' sabbath. "Walpurgis is sort of like Christmas for Satanists. And to me, war was the big Satan", said bassist and lyricist Geezer Butler. "It wasn’t about politics or government or anything. It was Evil itself. So I was saying 'generals gathered in the masses / just like witches at black masses' to make an analogy. But when we brought it to the record company, they thought 'Walpurgis' sounded too Satanic. And that's when we turned it into 'War Pigs'.
I know the lines “cast the priest into the fire” and “watch them eating dead rats innards” are not in the version from “Paranoid.” So this was even too much for their record company I guess. Today Ozzy is 71 and still going. Although I have read he suffers from Parkinson’s. I have seen them at an “Ozzfest” in the mid 2000’s. They had an air raid siren like on the record. It was loud as hell. I’m glad I got to see them. If I ever were to meet any of them all I could say would be “Thanks.”
Old 03-02-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Alice Cooper – Billion Dollar Babies

Alice Cooper was born Vincent Furnier in 1948 in Detroit, Michigan. “Billion Dollar Babies” was released in 1973. I was going to post “Eighteen” which is perhaps better known but it was the heavier sound, in particular, the drumming of Neal Smith and bass of Dennis Dunaway as well as the dual guitars of Glenn Buxton and Michael Bruce that convinced me to post this song instead.

One of the coolest sounding drum intros ever. Always wondered how he came up with that. A friend who knows much more about music than I do, told me that “machine gun” effect is actually the bass. He’s picking very rapidly as he slides down the neck. Whatever, it sounds awesome.

Alice Cooper was years ahead of pretty much everything. Experimenting with elaborate stage shows and “theatrical” production. “Extreme” hard rock (especially for it’s time). Sexual lyrics and themes. Mock executions. Snakes. And of course the name “Alice.”

From all I’ve read, the 60’s and 70’s was an era when anyone gay, lesbian, or transgender had to live “closeted” lives much of the time. Doing research for this post I discovered that “Alice” is considered by many today to be one of the first LGBTQ Ally’s. Here is an “excerpt” of an interview with him from 1974:

Quote:
SPEC: Would you admit it if you were homosexual?
Alice: Of course, and I wouldn’t just admit it, as if it were something you’re supposed to conceal. I’d just be it. I’d be natural about it, and I don’t see where it would be very much different for me, except I’d be making it with men instead of women.

SPEC: Aren’t you even just a little bit bisexual?
Alice: You mean do I mostly like girls, but do I like boys sometimes? No, I only like girls, but if I could have chosen my own sexuality, I think I might have chosen to be bisexual.

SPEC: Do you really mean that?
Alice: Sure—I think in the future everyone will be bisexual. And everything would be so much simpler then—you’d just make love with anyone you liked, and it wouldn’t matter what sex they were, and maybe it also wouldn’t matter what color they were, or what age, or anything, except that you liked them.
The album cover was a green “snakeskin” wallet with pictures of the band as well as a “Billion Dollar” bill folded inside. This one happens to be signed by Alice himself. Pretty cool. You don’t get that with Spotify…
Attached Thumbnails
239062_640px.jpg   29656114_1.jpg   1524-alice-cooper-billion-dollar-babies-gatefold.jpg  

Old 04-17-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Rammstein - Sehnsucht (Official Audio)

Watching “The Matrix” the other night brought me here.

The song in the movie was “Du Hast” from the album Sehnsucht (“Desire” or “Longingness”). Released in August 1997, this was another one I had to explain the album cover to my mom…

You could get the album with a 6 different covers, each featuring a picture of a band member. This was the most popular and the one I had. Below are the six covers. Which one did you have?

A slightly “different” sound than what I normally listened to, Rammstein were popular with people my age and still play today. Wikipedia classifies them as “Industrial Metal.” It was also good music to workout to.

Not without controversy, many of their songs had sexual themes. However most people I knew couldn’t understand it because it was in German. So I never got in trouble. Till Lindemann their lead singer, was a Junior swimming champion, setting records, and was picked for the 1980 German Olympic team but unfortunately suffered an injury.

Of course in the United States they are remembered by many fans for the following performance:

Quote:
“During Rammstein's US tour with Korn in 1998, Lindemann and his bandmate Christian "Flake" Lorenz were arrested in Worcester, Massachusetts for lewd conduct performed during their song "Bück Dich" ("Bend Over"), which consisted of Lindemann using a liquid squirting dildo and simulating anal sex on Lorenz. Both Lindemann and Lorenz were released the following day after bail was met. This incident did not stop Lindemann from performing in the same manner for future shows outside the United States, particularly in Australia when they performed at the 2011 Big Day Out, but the United States performances of this song were changed into a sadomasochistic theme that did not feature dildos, although this was not the case for all remaining US shows on the tour. For example, on 18 June 1999, "Bück Dich" was performed in the same manner at the Roseland Theater in Portland, Oregon.”
Attached Thumbnails
rammstein.jpg  
Old 05-16-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Official Music Video)

Before there was Hayley. Before there was Miley. Before there was Taylor. There was:

Amy

Easily my #1 “celebrity crush” at the time. No contest. Of course I owned this CD! You should add her to my list of the most beautiful women I have seen in real life. That list would include of course Hayley and Taylor. Never would’ve guessed… That, and she’s an amazing singer as well. Went to see them with my “ex” back around this time. Probably contributed to the breakup of our marriage.

Interestingly, the last time I heard Evanescence was on the iHeart Radio Paramore Channel. I tell people that I REFUSE to get drawn into any Amy/Hayley comparisons. I’ve seen people in heated arguments about who is better. That’s one of the many reasons why I hate “social media” so much. Can’t you like them both?

(Screaming out a marriage proposal to Amy and trying to climb on stage in front of my “ex” probably didn’t help matters… You DO know I’m just kidding, right?)
Old 06-05-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze (Audio)

Need some music from the 60’s for my date with Diane McBain this weekend. This was released in May 1967 according to Wikipedia. So yes we could have listened to it (bet she’d just love “Slipknot” ) Lots of good music back then. Wonder what the 60’s were actually like? I’ve always thought I’d like the music, cars, and women.

Interesting to read the comments. Quite a few are about “Coronavirus.” Why? As typical of YouTube, most strike me as “posers” likely born after 2000. Wonder how many who claim they were alive back then really were? One said he had seen Hendrix when he was 13 and claimed he and his friends “smoked ganja” at the concert. Jimi died in 1970. This guy would be in his 60’s today. Maybe. But I don’t think so… The way he talked for one. Didn't sound like a "60 year old."

This album is one that I “inherited” from my Mom’s older sister who REALLY WAS around back then (she is about Diane’s age). But nothing to play it on… Very worn. Must have been listened to a lot.

If only it could talk.

Last edited by a9127; 06-05-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Kiss – Strange Ways (1974)

Christ! This is the direction they should have gone IMHO. My favorite KISS album predates me by almost 10 years. From New York, many fans don’t realize they started out as a much heavier band musically with a rougher image. Very sexual. Their first album featured songs like Strutter, Deuce, and Black Diamond.

“Hotter Than Hell” was the logical next step.

Except that back in 1974 the world wasn’t quite ready for something like this. The album sold relatively poorly. Fortunately for them, they were gaining fans among younger kids and teenagers. So their next album “Dressed to Kill” featured lighter pop songs like “Rock and Roll All Nite” and featured a relatively “tame” picture of the band wearing suits. Yes, business suits!!!

The big breakthrough would come in late 1975 with the release of “Alive.”

Recorded at several venues during their 1975-76 US tour much of it was taken from a concert at Cobo Hall in Detroit (Fuck Yes!). They connected with younger fans and the “KISS Army” was born. The rest is rock and roll history.

Still I love the heavier guitar sound, bass, and drums of this album. A completely different image. More like the 80’s or 90’s to me. That is Peter Criss, their drummer, singing. He also sang “Black Diamond” from their first album. Some consider him to be the best singer in the band. I also like Ace Frehley’s guitar solo on this song.

That is allegedly Peter Criss’s wife in the photo. A similar picture appeared on the back cover except her nipples were covered up.

An older friend told me once he had seen them during this time and Criss was playing a double bass drum set. I haven’t been able to find any pictures to confirm this but it makes sense given the more “metal” sound of this album. All their other drummers have used double bass kits.

That symbol on the front means “Power.”
Attached Thumbnails
H-TH-promo.jpg   album.jpg   KISS_HotterThanHell_pic2.jpg  

Old 06-12-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name (Official Music Video)

The awesome 80’s. Big hair. Sexy women. Fuck yeah! I really don’t give a shit about those “Born Before 1985” ads featuring the “87 Year Old Man” anyway. This video to me represents what the decade was really all about.

Heard this on an “oldies” station playing at the gym the other night. Good song. Thought I’d use it for my example. Check out the pictures below. You should be able to follow what I did. Getting the “code” and the “tags” right can be tricky. Hope it helps.

Maybe others will share their favorites. Yes, I'm getting ready to leave TLB for good this summer. It’s been a long time. Seven years. June 6, 2013. I realized I'm like the “oldest” member on here anyway. No wonder no one wants me around! I guess everyone "Born Before 2000" is a "Boomer" right? And what would I know about sex?

Maybe now we will get to hear some more recent stuff in this thread? Never meant to "hijack" it. There’s a lot of good music out there today. Just have to look harder for it. Post away!

(Hint: I do all my posts in Word first. That way I can paste them when I'm ready. I hate that I get kicked off here otherwise. And don't have much time to edit my posts. It's been fun. See you around. )

Last edited by a9127; 10-26-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Boner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant futureBoner has a brilliant future
Default Cece Peniston- Finally

I Cece. I've had a crush on her ever since I first saw this video years ago

Last edited by Boner; 06-14-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Judas Priest - Breaking the Law

You may know from other posts I had a brief “fling” with learning to play drums when I was very young. Seeing “Wayne’s World” made me think I too could play drums and my parents “caved” buying me a beat up old black Ludwig “double bass” set with cracked cymbals. Think my dad gave the guy $200 cash.

I was into “death metal” and “nu metal” back then (still am). As I remember, my parents were mostly afraid that music would be a bad influence and I would “do drugs” or it would “hurt my grades.” To make a long story short, my Mom finally tired of it (must have sounded like Hell ) and one day a few years later it was just… gone.

But not before I had had lessons and actually did learn a thing or two.

Last Christmas, my wife bought me a “PDP” set and I started messing around on it. I’ve never told you any of this about her before. She was married at 17 to her high-school sweetheart who played guitar in an Indianapolis-based band. She herself can play several instruments and can sing. They had opened for some major bands around the mid-west and she has met many celebrities and “famous” people.

Finally she left him over his drug and alcohol abuse and in 2010, we met through E-Harmony. We’ve been married since 2011. Almost 6 years younger than me, she is a nurse, getting a GED and putting herself through college.

She is still friends with him and we went to see his band play the other night. It is a “cover” band. I got to “sit in” on this hard rock classic. Simple enough that even I couldn’t fuck it up, the only “difficult” part is where it stops in the middle and the guitar riff starts in again. As long as you don’t mess up the “snare drum hits” you’re OK.

The crowd must have been drunk (also the current “anti-police” sentiment in the United States probably contributed to it although this audience was significantly "older" than most of the protesters) because we got a standing ovation.

But I don’t think I’ll quit my “day job” anytime soon.

(Below: Rob Halford. )

Last edited by a9127; 11-13-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Paramore - Careful (Official Video)

Definitely not “nu metal.” Not “punk” or “emo” either in my opinion. Just good music.

Paramore made their big breakthrough in 2007 with “Riot!” Still high school age in 2005 when the band released its debut album “All We Know is Falling” they immediately developed a large following. A group of friends from Franklin Tennessee that decided to form a band. Wish I had had friends like that.

“Careful” is from the third album “Brand New Eyes” which produced many hits and was also the last one featuring the “original” line up. BNE was released in September 2009.

All extremely talented and gifted musicians, Paramore stands out to me from the other bands they are often compared to. It is probably the world’s worst kept secret that yours truly “totally has it bad” for their singer. Her name: Hayley Williams.

We have been to see Paramore. It was a couple of years ago at the White River State Park in Downtown Indy. My wife is a huge fan too and is just a few months older than Hayley. She is convinced that Hayley and I were married in another life or are married in a “parallel universe.”

Whatever. Ms. Williams is super-talented with amazing stage presence and earlier this year released “Petals for Armor” her debut “solo” album. It is awesome. And reflects her growth and maturity as an artist and person. She can do nothing wrong as far as I’m concerned. My favorite song off PFA is “Simmer.” Go check it out!

I selected this song because it’s one of their “heavier” ones. The line “the truth never set me free so I did it myself” is one of the best known and often quoted lyrics written by Hayley. And I really like the video. The entire band kicks ass here. In particular the drumming of Zac Farro and bass of Jeremy Davis stand out.

Last edited by a9127; 10-25-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2020
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default The Tubes – Mondo Bondage

Maybe this will score a hit. Bet the picture will at least get a couple of views.

That’s Re Styles. Fee Waybill was The Tubes lead singer. One of his on-stage characters was named “Quay Lewd.” Get it? Think that song was called “White Punks on Dope.”

From about 1975 or 1976. How do I know about all this stuff? I dunno. Just listen to lots of music I guess… But I DID see a picture of Taylor Swift wearing a “Blue Oyster Cult” T-Shirt one time.

Last edited by a9127; 11-12-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Tags
music