Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 10-28-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of
Cool Hockey

I did a Search for NHL or hockey and I didn't see any threads dedicated to this topic yet, so...

Just wondering if there are any other hockey(NHL or any other League/International format) fans here?

I am a huge Toronto Maple Leaf fan(even though they suck horribly this year!) and have been since the Tom Watt era. I admit that it has been hard to watch them at times since it has been a long time since they've even been a real threat to win the Stanley Cup, but they are my team. I've gotta stick by them through thick and thin.

Anyone else surprised at how good the Colorado Avalance are doing this year?
Old 10-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

I love the only hockey team the maters THE FLYERS
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I love the only hockey team the maters THE FLYERS
Jerseygirl Jen
Hello Jen. With your nickname being Jerseygirl Jen I would have figured you to be a Devils fan. LOL!

The Flyers are a rival in the East, so I cannot say that I root for them very much. However, I have Scott Hartnell in my Hockey Pool so I hope he does well.:D

I'm glad to see they gave Ray Emery another chance as I felt he got a raw deal in Ottawa(one of the teams I won't root for.

It's hard to root for a team that is 1-8-1. Er...go Leafs go?
Old 10-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Jersey is an odd state with two differnt halves NORTH JERSEY and SOUTH JERSEY those who live in North Jersey are for the Giants and Devils and Mets while those who live in South Jersey are for the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies and as you can guess i live in South Jersey which is very close to Phillie
Oh did i forget to mention that the Flyers had the greatest center ever one Bobby Clark
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Jersey is an odd state with two differnt halves NORTH JERSEY and SOUTH JERSEY those who live in North Jersey are for the Giants and Devils and Mets while those who live in South Jersey are for the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies and as you can guess i live in South Jersey which is very close to Phillie
Oh did i forget to mention that the Flyers had the greatest center ever one Bobby Clark
Jerseygirl Jen
I never saw Bobby Clark as a player, but I have seen him as the GM of the Flyers. Quite a character.:D

A little off topic, but does that mean you are a Phillies fan as well? I am a Toronto Blue Jays fan(Ouch. Thank goodness J.P. Riccardi is GONE!), but I am rooting for the Phillies to beat the Evil Empire this year(plus Matt Stairs, a good Canuck, has been on the team for the past season and a half)!

As a further off topic, if that is you in your Avatar, you are a very lovely woman Jen.
Old 10-29-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
......I am a huge Toronto Maple Leaf fan(even though they suck horribly this year!).....
It's not just this year.

Montreal - the best ever NHL team. They've been my favourite since forever.
Old 10-29-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

He was a much better player then he is as a GM
Yeap i'm a Phillies fan and yes i rember 93
And yes that's little old me
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
It's not just this year.

Montreal - the best ever NHL team. They've been my favourite since forever.
Awwww, why did you have to go and insult my team? LOL! It's fine. Friendly rivalries are good for the game.

I will say that Montreal needs to treat their goalies a little better(the same can be said for the Leafs somewhat), as they put so much pressure on their young goalies that they crack. Look at Huet for example. He was touted as the next Patrick Roy(very tough shoes to fill, even though he is kind of a tool off the ice) and when he couldn't handle all the pressure he started to falter. They ended up dumping him for Carey Price, but I can't help but see the same things happening to him. Halak can be good, but I don't think he's a first string goalie(better than Toskala though, LOL, but even a cardboard cutout would be as well).

Besides the goalie problem, they don't have the size. They got some good talent in the offseason(Cammalleri mainly, as I don't see Gomez doing great things), but they don't have size. They will probably make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll make it to the finals due to the grueling nature of the playoffs. Myself, I just hope we don't end up giving Boston a #1 pick in the next draft!

As a Montreal fan, what do you think of the prospect of Quebec getting another team(which is what it sounds like will probably happen)? Another Canadian team would be a good thing, and I think that Quebec could handle another NHL team.

Last edited by shadows; 10-29-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Kovalev is in Ottawa now, not Montreal. D'oh!
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
He was a much better player then he is as a GM
Yeap i'm a Phillies fan and yes i rember 93
And yes that's little old me
Jerseygirl Jen
No snub was meant about 1993, honest. I didn't even have that in mind when I made the post.

It's a shame that their offense can't do anything about Burnett tonight. Howard needs to get hits not strikeouts! If the score remains 2-1 Yankees and Rivera comes in....yikes!

Very nice picture, Jen. Princess Leia has nothing on you! LOL!
Old 10-29-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.....I will say that Montreal needs to treat their goalies a little better(the same can be said for the Leafs somewhat), as they put so much pressure on their young goalies that they crack. Look at Huet for example. He was touted as the next Patrick Roy(very tough shoes to fill, even though he is kind of a tool off the ice) and when he couldn't handle all the pressure he started to falter. They ended up dumping him for Carey Price, but I can't help but see the same things happening to him.
You're right, Montreal tends to eat their goalies as soon as they don't live up to expectations. I'm going to say something sacreligious; I was never a fan of Patrick Roy. I thought that he was too full of himself.

Quote:
Halak can be good, but I don't think he's a first string goalie(better than Toskala though, LOL, but even a cardboard cutout would be as well).
Now that gave me a good laugh too.

Quote:
As a Montreal fan, what do you think of the prospect of Quebec getting another team(which is what it sounds like will probably happen)? Another Canadian team would be a good thing, and I think that Quebec could handle another NHL team.
It's going to be either Quebec City or Winnipeg that gets a team. I think Quebec may have the edge as they have a bigger arena. I would really rather see Hamilton get a team before either of those cities. Hamilton will support a team at least as well as Toronto. I think it's a shame the way Jim Balsillie was treated by the league.
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You're right, Montreal tends to eat their goalies as soon as they don't live up to expectations. I'm going to say something sacreligious; I was never a fan of Patrick Roy. I thought that he was too full of himself.

Now that gave me a good laugh too.

It's going to be either Quebec City or Winnipeg that gets a team. I think Quebec may have the edge as they have a bigger arena. I would really rather see Hamilton get a team before either of those cities. Hamilton will support a team at least as well as Toronto. I think it's a shame the way Jim Balsillie was treated by the league.
It's nice seeing other fans of hockey here. I hope that some other fans will decide to talk about their favourite(or most hated) teams besides yourself and Jen(I am enjoying both your posts here, though, so please keep them up!). So far the three of us root for Eastern teams. Are there any Western fans here?

Thanks for your honesty about Patrick Roy. I didn't want to say anything too bad about him just in case(bad first impression and all that:D). I don't like how he treated Montreal at the end(wahhhhhh! You left me in for all those goals. I want a trade...after a soother please). Good goalie but a true basket case at times.

I'm glad that I was able to give you a laugh, Ila. Normally, all Toskala does is give us fans heartburn when we have a 1-goal lead so it's a welcome change.:D

I feel that Basillie would have gotten a team if he hadn't been so mercenary about it all. Continually trying to snatch teams and move them to Hamilton was probably not the best way to go about things(especially with Bettman's huge((and fragile)) ego), and I am sure he realized that near the end of Baum's decision process. Will he get a team someday? I hope so, as his passion would be good for the team. I think either Bettman has to go, or Basillie mends his fences with the other owners before that will happen.
Old 10-29-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
It's nice seeing other fans of hockey here. I hope that some other fans will decide to talk about their favourite(or most hated) teams besides yourself and Jen(I am enjoying both your posts here, though, so please keep them up!). So far the three of us root for Eastern teams. Are there any Western fans here?
I'm an outwester. It's amazing how many westerners are Montreal fans.

Quote:
Thanks for your honesty about Patrick Roy. I didn't want to say anything too bad about him just in case(bad first impression and all that:D). I don't like how he treated Montreal at the end(wahhhhhh! You left me in for all those goals. I want a trade...after a soother please). Good goalie but a true basket case at times.
I'm still laughing over that comment. A lot of people I know were saying the same thing.

Quote:
I feel that Basillie would have gotten a team if he hadn't been so mercenary about it all. Continually trying to snatch teams and move them to Hamilton was probably not the best way to go about things(especially with Bettman's huge((and fragile)) ego), and I am sure he realized that near the end of Baum's decision process. Will he get a team someday? I hope so, as his passion would be good for the team. I think either Bettman has to go, or Basillie mends his fences with the other owners before that will happen.
According to some reports that I read it was less than a year ago the other owners thought that Balsillie would be a good team owner. He's always been upfront about his intentions to move a team to Hamilton. I really think that the NHL has to change their thinking. They should be moving back to where their fan base is, not trying to expand into the sunbelt where hockey is a foreign sport.
Old 10-29-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I'm an outwester. It's amazing how many westerners are Montreal fans.

I'm still laughing over that comment. A lot of people I know were saying the same thing.

According to some reports that I read it was less than a year ago the other owners thought that Balsillie would be a good team owner. He's always been upfront about his intentions to move a team to Hamilton. I really think that the NHL has to change their thinking. They should be moving back to where their fan base is, not trying to expand into the sunbelt where hockey is a foreign sport.
What Province do you live in, Ila(if you don't mind me asking)? I live in SW Ontario myself. I do have some friends from another forum that live out West(Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia) so I know a little about the West.

It also looks like the apple hasn't fallen too far from the (rotten) Roy tree. His son was charged with assault when he went after the opposing team's goalie(and from the sounds of it the Coach(Roy himself) urged it on). Classy! I'm not sure if the case has been resolved or if it is still in the courts.

I agree with you 100% about the mentality of the NHL. Bettman does not want to come across as a failure so he will do everything in his power to try and make the sunbelt teams work. Some teams just will not work no matter how hard you try to make it so. It is amazing how many "fans" were interviewed that knew nothing about the game, they were just going to a game because the tickets were free. I am not saying that all the people there are like that, as they do have hardcore fans like we do. They just don't have the history to fall back on that a lot of other teams do(not just the Original Six) as they are still relatively new. It also doesn't help that besides the Tampa Bay Lightning(how had a pretty powerful team that year) they haven't had a lot of playoff success either.

And to Jen: The Phillies lost 3-1. Dang.
Old 11-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Darn it, Ila! Montreal won last night.

The Leafs made a good effort to tie it up(and that, Montreal fans, is why you don't sing that annoying goodbye song with over 5 minutes left to play in the game. All it does is fire up the opposing team and they play that much harder.) but they could not finish it up.

Once it went to a shootout I knew we were doomed. They wanted to put in the cardboard cutout but he was unfortunately creased from the trip to Montreal and he could not perform. Alas, we were stuck with Toskala who, as we all know, is quite inferior to said cardboard cutout. I was talking with a Supervisor this morning about Toskala's craptitude in the shootout(he has always stunk in them) and that since he always gets beat top shelf, glove side, he should just leave his arm up and just wave it back and forth before they shoot. Heck, he has more of a chance making the save that way than just standing there picking his nose like he is wont to do.

Toskala stinks.

Congrats, Ila. The better team won last night.
Old 11-01-2009
Shecock obsessed

I have to confess, shadows. I got busy last night and forgot to even check the score. Thankyou for the update. I'm not as dedicated a hockey fan as I used to be, but I usually checkout the game off and on when Montreal is playing.
Old 11-01-2009
Dark Overlord

You're quite welcome.

I also don't watch Leaf games as much as I used to due to work and the fact that they are very painful to watch sometimes.
Old 11-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

After the Wotld series is over i'll start to follow the Flyers but i'm not in to it as much anymore as the strike a few years back kinda ruined hockey for me
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

I scored tickets to the NHL Winter Classic on January 1, 2010. The Boston Bruins (my hometown team) playing the Philadelphia Flyers outdoors, in Fenway Park!
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
After the Wotld series is over i'll start to follow the Flyers but i'm not in to it as much anymore as the strike a few years back kinda ruined hockey for me
Jerseygirl Jen
One positive that I took from the strike is that it brought about the salary cap. It makes for a more level playing field. That way the teams with the biggest pocketbooks aren't winning year after year.

With regards to the World Series, I have to say I am seriously questioning some of Charlie Manuel's managerial skills. He has made a few boneheaded decisions that have caused the Phillies to be down 3-1.
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I scored tickets to the NHL Winter Classic on January 1, 2010. The Boston Bruins (my hometown team) playing the Philadelphia Flyers outdoors, in Fenway Park!
That looks like it will be a sweet game to attend! That game will have lots of action and I am predicting lots of big hits!

Your Bruins seem to be bitten by the injury bug big time! I am also a little surprised at how average Tim Thomas has been so far this year(for the most part). At least you'll get a couple of nice 1st round picks because of my Leafs.

Speaking of injuries, there sure have been a lot of them to big-name players this year, eh smc?

Add Ovechkin and Eric Stall to that list, as they both got injured last night.
Old 11-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I'm a casual hockey fan. I pull for teams on a casual basis, but I'm not so dedicated that I go to any length to watch games or follow particular teams. I enjoy "Hockey Night in Canada" on the CBC every Saturday.

Teams I like: Montreal, Boston (my current "home" town), and Atlanta (my former home town).
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I'm a casual hockey fan. I pull for teams on a casual basis, but I'm not so dedicated that I go to any length to watch games or follow particular teams. I enjoy "Hockey Night in Canada" on the CBC every Saturday.

Teams I like: Montreal, Boston (my current "home" town), and Atlanta (my former home town).
What do you think of the new 'Hockey Night In Canada' theme? Is it better than the old one or worse?
Old 11-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

LOL, I haven't been watching long enough to know the difference. Also, Hockey Night competes with any NCAAF football programming that happens to be on.
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
LOL, I haven't been watching long enough to know the difference. Also, Hockey Night competes with any NCAAF football programming that happens to be on.
We don't follow college football(and other college sports) in Canada as fervently as you do in the US. I've always wondered why that is. The teams could use the support(and the revenue gotten from television/seats sold/merchandise) sometimes! And the games can sometimes be even better than what can be had from a "professional" team(the Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns for example).
Old 11-02-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.....Once it went to a shootout I knew we were doomed. They wanted to put in the cardboard cutout but he was unfortunately creased from the trip to Montreal and he could not perform. Alas, we were stuck with Toskala who, as we all know, is quite inferior to said cardboard cutout. I was talking with a Supervisor this morning about Toskala's craptitude in the shootout(he has always stunk in them) and that since he always gets beat top shelf, glove side, he should just leave his arm up and just wave it back and forth before they shoot. Heck, he has more of a chance making the save that way than just standing there picking his nose like he is wont to do.

Toskala stinks.

Hey, shadows

I mentioned the comments in bold to one of my co-workers this morning and he almost pissed himself laughing. You made his day.
Old 11-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Hey, shadows

I mentioned the comments in bold to one of my co-workers this morning and he almost pissed himself laughing. You made his day.
Glad to be of service Ila.:D

It looks like the Flyers are kicking Tampa Bay's butt tonight(Jen will be happy). Five goals on 18 shots. Not a very good night for the goalie. Stamkos got another goal though, which is good for my pool! It looks like he is going to have a very good year for Tampa, which I hope translates to a trip to the Olympics with Team Canada.
Old 11-04-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

xpinkx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to xpinkx

3 words

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Attached Thumbnails
l_b07bd7af540889b2a5ba480a6a917b51.jpg  
Old 11-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinkx View Post
3 words

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Hey there xpinkx!

Buffalo is playing very well this year even though Vanek is not lighting up the scoresheet like he did last year. They have a lot of good players and a very good goalie in Miller. I think they will be one of the teams to beat in the playoffs this year.

And that is a nice picture too.
Old 11-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

shadows, I'm two days late posting this. What happened to Toronto this past Tuesday?
Old 11-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
shadows, I'm two days late posting this. What happened to Toronto this past Tuesday?
The same thing we always do Pinky, take over the....oh wait. Wrong topic.

Ila, the wonderful Leafs did what they seem to have done all season. They tied up the game in the 3rd period and ended up losing in overtime. Grrrrrr! At least Toskala wasn't in net this time.

Kessel looked good, especially for being out as long as he was. He had 10 shots on net. He took a hard hit(he had his head down, which is a big NO-NO!) but he came back out after only a little time had passed.

The scary thing of it all is that they are ahead of Carolina now even though they only have 1 win.:D

Montreal also lost to Atlanta, 5-4. Montreal kept coming back and tying it, but Atlanta kept getting the lead right back. Pavelec(the Atlanta goalie) wasn't as sharp as he was against Ottawa the other day(he made 50+ saves), but he was able to keep Montreal from tying that one last time. I didn't watch it, but it sounds like it might have been a fun one.

It looks like the Erie Otter player has been suspended for the entire season and the playoffs for his hit on the Kitchener Rangers player. the Rangers player was hit into the boards and suffered a broken orbital bone, skull fractures, and other facial injuries. He was in critical condition after the hit, but he has since been upgraded to serious. His career is probably finished. I did not see the hit to see if it was a dirty hit or not, but from what I have read(comment wise from various sports forums) it seems that people are split down the middle as to whether or not it was. Scary incident either way!

Toronto has tonight off, but Montreal is playing Boston. They are currently knotted at zero with about 5 1/2 minutes left to play in the first.
Old 11-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Ila, Montreal is now ahead 1-0 after one period of play. Boston has now been shut out for 7 straight periods.

On another note, Krejci has been quarantined due to having the H1N1 flu.
Old 11-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ila, Montreal is now ahead 1-0 after one period of play. Boston has now been shut out for 7 straight periods.

On another note, Krejci has been quarantined due to having the H1N1 flu.
Thanks for the update. I can't get the game except on a French pay channel of which I don't subscribe to.
Old 11-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Just saw this thread - Huge hockey fan. I am watching the Red Wings and Sharks right now. Between first and second period. I used to be a big Wings fan when they had Stevie Y and before the Sharks. No team can break your heart like the Sharks. I like to watch any hockey game. Most other sports, I need to have a rooting interest.
Old 11-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Well the world series is over and the Phillies lost so i guess i'll start following the Flyers now
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

alice has a spectacular aura aboutalice has a spectacular aura aboutalice has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinkx View Post
3 words

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Nice jersey Xpinky Hockey is the only sport that I will watch a game from start to finish. The Sabres are my favorite team, they are about 70 miles to the west of where i'm located. It doesn't hurt that the owner of the team use to live about 10 miles from me, he still has a home here and his business, but he now calls Florida his home. There are a lot of good teams, but it's not marketed very well nationally here in the States. I'm lucky being close to Canada Hockey does get more media coverage here than most parts of the country.
Old 11-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

alice has a spectacular aura aboutalice has a spectacular aura aboutalice has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Ila being a Montreal fan I hope you like Brian Gionta, he grew up in my neck of the woods, I hope he does well for you up there.LOL I never thought I would be talking hockey here.
Old 11-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Sweet. Looks like there are a lot more hockey fans here than I first thought.

Ila, Montreal ended up winning in the shootout, 2-1. Cammalleri got the winner. Not taking anything away from the win, but Boston just doesn't seem to have any offense at all right now.
Old 11-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Well the world series is over and the Phillies lost so i guess i'll start following the Flyers now
Jerseygirl Jen
It sucks, eh Jen? I think a huge reason that Phillie lost was due to Manuel's head-scratchingly dumb Managerial decisions that he made in the World Series.

I really, really did NOT want A-Roid to win a ring. I cannot think of anyone less deserving than him(and not just for the steroid usage, as there are a lot of people in baseball that have used enhancing drugs).

At least you can take solace in the fact that they won the World Series last year and got to the World Series again this year. My Blue Jays haven't even gotten into the playoffs since 1993.
Old 11-06-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ila, Montreal ended up winning in the shootout, 2-1. Cammalleri got the winner. Not taking anything away from the win, but Boston just doesn't seem to have any offense at all right now.
I wish I had known last night (also forgot to check the sports scores this morning). One of the guys I work with is a big Boston fan. Same thing with one of the women at work. I wouldn't have hesitated to let them know that Montreal won.

btw I don't like overtime in regular season games. I say if the game ends in a tie after three periods then so be it. There should only be overtime in the playoffs.
Old 11-06-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I've never liked the shootout to start with be it reg season or playoffs or the Stanley cup the whole shootout thing should be done away with
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-06-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I wish I had known last night (also forgot to check the sports scores this morning). One of the guys I work with is a big Boston fan. Same thing with one of the women at work. I wouldn't have hesitated to let them know that Montreal won.

btw I don't like overtime in regular season games. I say if the game ends in a tie after three periods then so be it. There should only be overtime in the playoffs.
Yeah, but at least the overtime during the regular season is only 5 minutes in duration. Some of the shootouts last longer than that!

I love overtime in the playoffs, but once it gets to the third or fourth overtime it gets a little boring as the players are so tired they are just waiting for a lucky bounce or a brain-fart from the opposing team.
Old 11-06-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I've never liked the shootout to start with be it reg season or playoffs or the Stanley cup the whole shootout thing should be done away with
Jerseygirl Jen
The only thing I like about the shootout is...well, I don't like the shootout. The Leafs couldn't win a shootout if their life depended on it...especially with "Look Ma! Past the glove side again!" Toskala in net.

One thing you will never see(at least I freaking hope not!) is a shootout in the playoffs. I think if Bettman tried sometime that assinine they would find his body stuffed somewhere with a bag of hockey pucks stuffed down his throat. And I think Toskala would be the prime suspect.

On a bright note, both our Flyers and Leafs won tonight, Jen!
Old 11-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

On a bright note, both our Flyers and Leafs won tonight, Jen!
That's about the only good news i had all day, I dread to see the repair bill for the TRANS-AM

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-07-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
That's about the only good news i had all day, I dread to see the repair bill for the TRANS-AM

Jerseygirl Jen
Repair bill? I hope it isn't anything too serious, Jen.
Old 11-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Repair bill? I hope it isn't anything too serious, Jen.
Some bozo hit my car in the parking lot breaking the tail light and creasing the side panel by the tail light
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-07-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Some bozo hit my car in the parking lot breaking the tail light and creasing the side panel by the tail light
Jerseygirl Jen
Did the jerk leave before you got there or did the person at least wait until you got to the car and exchanged insurance details?

At least you weren't hurt, which is the main thing.
Old 11-07-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Yeah, but at least the overtime during the regular season is only 5 minutes in duration. Some of the shootouts last longer than that!
I should have also added that I don't like shootouts either. The game should be 60 minutes and that's it. If it ends in a tie then it should be recorded as such with one point going to each team.
Old 11-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Did the jerk leave before you got there or did the person at least wait until you got to the car and exchanged insurance details?

At least you weren't hurt, which is the main thing.
Nope when i came out of the supermarket SURPISE busted tail light and white paint smeer on the rear panel and a nice crease where someone backed in to my car ,If i turn it in to my insurence company i'll be stuck paying a $500 deductable plus my ins will go up 10 fold, I'm guessing it'll be around $800 to have fixed

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-07-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Nope when i came out of the supermarket SURPISE busted tail light and white paint smeer on the rear panel and a nice crease where someone backed in to my car ,If i turn it in to my insurence company i'll be stuck paying a $500 deductable plus my ins will go up 10 fold, I'm guessing it'll be around $800 to have fixed

Jerseygirl Jen
I hate when people do that. If you cause damage to something, don't be a coward and leave. Suck it up and offer to pay for the damages. I hope karma comes around and nails that jerk big time!
Old 11-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I hate when people do that. If you cause damage to something, don't be a coward and leave. Suck it up and offer to pay for the damages. I hope karma comes around and nails that jerk big time!
Thanks, you know how hard it will be to find a tail light section for a 91 Trans-Am

Jerseygirl Jen