Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 04-14-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
This series could see one of the upsets. My Flyers have a great record against the Devils this season, five wins and only one loss. I expect the regular season dominance of the Devils to continue.
The Flyers got off to a good start. They beat the Devils 2-1 to take Game 1!

In the other game that has been completed, the Senators beat the Penguins 5-4. Even though Pittsburgh only had 21 shots, they got 4 goals. Neither goalie was stellar, and Pittsburgh's defense forgot to show up.

I still think that the Penguins will win the series, but it will probably take 6 or 7 games to do it.

For the games still being played:

Colorado is leading 1-0 over San Jose after 2 periods of play.

Phoenix is leading Detroit 3-2 with 14 minutes left in the third.
Old 04-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
The Flyers got off to a good start. They beat the Devils 2-1 to take Game 1!.
I predict the Flyers to continue this season's dominance of the Devils and take the series 4-1.
Old 04-15-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
I predict the Flyers to continue this season's dominance of the Devils and take the series 4-1.
I'm looking forward to your oncoming clash with dauls with regards to this.
Old 04-15-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that the CBC wouldn't show the Montreal - Washington game tonight. Instead they chose to show the Boston game.
Old 04-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I can't believe that the CBC wouldn't show the Montreal - Washington game tonight. Instead they chose to show the Boston game.
It may have been due to who held the rights to that particular game. It could have gone to the highest bidder or something like that. I was at work, so I don't know if this is what happened or not, but perhaps the Montreal game was shown on either TSN, SportsNet, or even Fox?

At least you should be happy with the result.
Old 04-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Another upset tonight! Montreal beat Washington 3-2 in the first overtime period! Halak made 45 saves for the Habs, while Theodore made 35 saves for Washington.

Ovechkin was a total nonfactor in the game. He had no shots on net and his giveaway led to the second Montreal goal. Perhaps he thought it was the Olympics again and felt he needed to pull a vanishing act again?

--------------------------

Buffalo beat Boston 2-1. I guess the referees forgot the axiom of the playoffs, which is to place your whistle in your pocket unless it is a blatant penalty. Looking at the scorecard, I can't help but wonder if the refs calling Boston on 4 straight penalties in the third cost them any chance of tying the game up.

---------------------------

Vancouver and LA are currently tied 2-2 with about 15 minutes left in the third period.
Old 04-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Buffalo beat Boston 2-1. I guess the referees forgot the axiom of the playoffs, which is to place your whistle in your pocket unless it is a blatant penalty. Looking at the scorecard, I can't help but wonder if the refs calling Boston on 4 straight penalties in the third cost them any chance of tying the game up.
Gee, you think?!?!

What's truly amazing is that the Bruins had 24 shots on goal in the second period, compared to 9 by Buffalo, and Ryan Miller gave up only one point!
Old 04-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I was elated to hear that Montreal beat Washington in overtime. Less enthused to see that Boston got beat.
Old 04-16-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It may have been due to who held the rights to that particular game. It could have gone to the highest bidder or something like that. I was at work, so I don't know if this is what happened or not, but perhaps the Montreal game was shown on either TSN, SportsNet, or even Fox?

At least you should be happy with the result.
I am happy with the result. I'm not happy with the CBC. I didn't see the Montreal game listed on any of the sports channels. It's possible that one of the major US networks carried it on a local station, but since I don't get any US networks from the DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware area I wouldn't know.
Old 04-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your oncoming clash with dauls with regards to this.
Lost game 2 to the Devils 5-3 tonight.

Wasn't a great to start to the game by the Flyers, conceding a short-handed goal after only 2:45 of the first period.

Back home to Philadelphia for wins at Wachovia Center in Games 3 and 4 next.
Old 04-17-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Gee, you think?!?!

What's truly amazing is that the Bruins had 24 shots on goal in the second period, compared to 9 by Buffalo, and Ryan Miller gave up only one point!
I'm not surprised, to be honest. Miller is the only reason Buffalo will go any distance in the playoffs. Without him, they would be gone right away. And who knows? Boston can certainly take this series, but if Miller is playing great, they may need a lucky bounce or two(and for the refs to put the whistle away).
Old 04-17-2010
Dark Overlord

Pittsburgh beat Ottawa 2-1. Crosby had a goal and an assist in this one. Letang scored the winner late in the third period.

As Tbone mentioned above, New Jersey beat the Flyers 5-3(the fifth goal was an empty netter). The first two periods were back-and-forth, but the third period was all New Jersey. Ilya Kovalchuk had a good night, scoring 1 goal and assisting on two others.

The Chicago/Nashville score actually gave me a jaw-dropping moment! I was following the game at work and when I left it was 1-0 Chicago at the end of the second period. When I checked the scores at home, it was a 4-1 victory for Nashville! Needless to say, I was quite surprised at that!

Detroit beat Phoenix 7-4. The seventh goal was an empty netter, but it looks like the Detroit offense has woken up. I think this series will go to seven games, but I don't believe that every game will be a blowout like this one. Zetterberg had a hat-trick in this one.

San Jose beat Colorado 6-5 in overtime. The Sharks shouldn't feel too good about this one, as Nabokov let in 5 goals from only 22 shots, and Anderson only let in 6 after facing 52 shots. San Jose got the tying goal at 19:28 of the third period, and then they were given a PP in overtime(the refs broke the rule of the playoffs. Unless it's taking someone's head off, you DON'T call anything in overtime!). The Sharks did nothing to make me think they still won't choke. Losing Game 1 at home, and barely winning Game 2 doesn't bode well for them having to now face Colorado on their home ice. I feel that Colorado will win in 6(maybe 5) games.

I also think that Greiss will start in net for Game 3 for the Sharks.
Old 04-17-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road
Default Sharks

Quote:
San Jose beat Colorado 6-5 in overtime. The Sharks shouldn't feel too good about this one, as Nabokov let in 5 goals from only 22 shots, and Anderson only let in 6 after facing 52 shots. San Jose got the tying goal at 19:28 of the third period, and then they were given a PP in overtime(the refs broke the rule of the playoffs. Unless it's taking someone's head off, you DON'T call anything in overtime!). The Sharks did nothing to make me think they still won't choke. Losing Game 1 at home, and barely winning Game 2 doesn't bode well for them having to now face Colorado on their home ice. I feel that Colorado will win in 6(maybe 5) games.

I also think that Greiss will start in net for Game 3 for the Sharks.

I totally disagree. Nabby was porous and there were a few mistakes (like Murray trying his hand at offense, leading to a 2-1 break).

The story is that the Sharks come from behind FIVE TIMES to win this game. The Sharks dominated throughout.

Sharks put 52(!) shots on net, with the Avs blocking 32(!) shots and 16 misses. Sharks out-hit, won more faceoffs, and were more disciplined. They totally out-worked the Avs everywhere.

Sharks had two goals waived off in the third, and scored the tying goal with 32 seconds left. You might recall the Avs scoring with 50 seconds to win game 1. Hah!

The penalty on Foote in OT was for slamming Jet Ortmeyer's head into the net so hard the net came off and they had to blow the play dead. 5-5 the Sharks were swarming, you couldn't possibly believe that this penalty was the deciding factor in this game? Anderson literally saw the puck 100 times man! The Sharks totally out worked the Avs. They deserved to win, and that's why they won.

Also, the Sharks WILL stick with Nabby.
Old 04-17-2010
Shecock obsessed

The newspaper columnists up here are pissing me off to no end. They are falling all over themselves apologizing for Ovechkin's piss poor performance in game 1. Those sycophants are calling him the best hockey player ever. What a load of crap.

It's hard to believe these columns and articles are written by Canadian sportswriters. I'll stop here before I get into libellous territory, but let me just say that I am not pleased at all with the writers' views.
Old 04-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
I totally disagree. Nabby was porous and there were a few mistakes (like Murray trying his hand at offense, leading to a 2-1 break).

The story is that the Sharks come from behind FIVE TIMES to win this game. The Sharks dominated throughout.

Sharks put 52(!) shots on net, with the Avs blocking 32(!) shots and 16 misses. Sharks out-hit, won more faceoffs, and were more disciplined. They totally out-worked the Avs everywhere.

Sharks had two goals waived off in the third, and scored the tying goal with 32 seconds left. You might recall the Avs scoring with 50 seconds to win game 1. Hah!

The penalty on Foote in OT was for slamming Jet Ortmeyer's head into the net so hard the net came off and they had to blow the play dead. 5-5 the Sharks were swarming, you couldn't possibly believe that this penalty was the deciding factor in this game? Anderson literally saw the puck 100 times man! The Sharks totally out worked the Avs. They deserved to win, and that's why they won.

There is no way Griess will start in game 3.

Last year the sharks would have lost this game. The sharks have controlled most of the play in both games. The first game they had a number of excellent scoring chances with Anderson out of position only to miss the net. At one point they had 12 shots miss the net to only one for the Av's. I think Nabby was actually better than Anderson in that game. if they want to go deep into the playoffs, then Nabby has to play much better. I think they have too much firepower and depth for Colorado. As far as the penality in OT, that was the second blatant foul on the Av's in OT. The didn't call the first, so you can only press your luck so far.
Old 04-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to say that Mike Emrick has one of the most annoying voices in all of TV broadcasting, and now I have to listen to him on the Bruins-Sabres game that is just about to start! If my friends on this board don't see any posts from me in the next few days, it's probably because his voice drove me to slash my wrists.
Old 04-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Bruins have tied up the series with Sabres after winning, 5-3, this afternoon in Buffalo.

If the Sabres want to win this series, they are going to have to be aggressive for 60 minutes, instead of relying on Ryan Miller to do everything for them by stopping shots, no matter how many may come his way.

Of course, I don't want the Sabres to win this series.
Old 04-17-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The Bruins have tied up the series with Sabres after winning, 5-3, this afternoon in Buffalo.
Excellent news.
Old 04-18-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Flyers take 2-1 series lead.

Devils lost 3-2 in OT to the Flyers tonight. The Devils conceded the winner 5-seconds after David Clarkson's penalty had expired.

How can you expect to win when you're outshot by 34 to 19. I'm getting a bad feeling about this series.
Old 04-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post

I believe I mentioned earlier that all I was able to get the facts from were the various online articles. If it was a legit penalty(also, like I mentioned in an earlier post. I don't think the one you quoted from, but one within the last week) then it should have been called for sure. I could be wrong about me previously mentioning those things, though. It wouldn't be the first time. LOL!

Game 3 went on tonight, and I will admit that the Sharks lost a game that by all rights they should have won. Anderson stood on his head, while the rest of the Colorado team stood around. San Jose outshot Colorado 51-17 and lost the game on an unlucky bounce(went off Boyle and into the net). The determining factor on whether or not the Sharks will go into the next round will be if they can shake off that bad break and continue to play like they have been. If they let it get to them and they end up down 3 games to 1, then I don't believe they would come back.

Nabokov has not been sharp ever since the Olympics. Many hockey analysts have made mention of that(the same can be said for Luongo and Brodeur, although Brodeur has been better in the playoffs). I don't know if he can't handle the pressure of big games, or if it is just him tiring out(he's played a lot of games this year and may be getting worn out). When Nabokov is on, he is an excellent goaltender, but lately he has had a number of poor outings. For game 3 it ended up not mattering who was in net for San Jose as there was no chance for any goalie to have gotten that one.

I will say that the main reason I would not want San Jose to win is the fact that Dany Heatley is a member of their team. He abandoned two teams(by demanding a trade), and I can see the first time after the accident that claimed the life of his teammate and friend(a change of scenery was probably needed) but his demand from Ottawa was just him being a spoiled baby. The team was good enough for him to sign a big contract, but for whatever reason he suddenly wanted to leave. I think he is a skilled hockey player, but I do not like him very much.

After saying all of that, San Jose will more than likely win if they can continue getting 50+ shots a game. As good as Anderson has been, I don't think it's possible to steal too many more games like that.

Last edited by shadows; 04-19-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Devils lost 3-2 in OT to the Flyers tonight. The Devils conceded the winner 5-seconds after David Clarkson's penalty had expired.

How can you expect to win when you're outshot by 34 to 19. I'm getting a bad feeling about this series.
It seems that the Flyers have had the Devil's number all season long, and it is continuing into the playoffs.
Old 04-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Stories like this show the human side of hockey players. I honestly do not know how I would react if this horrible tragedy had happened to me. The article is from tsn.ca

DUTHIE: COYOTES' TAYLOR PYATT DISCUSSES TRAGIC ACCIDENT

The phone rang around 2:30 in the morning.

One of those disorienting, middle-of-the-night calls, when you grab the phone before you know where you are, before you know whether you are awake or dreaming.

It had to be the latter. The words coming from the other end of the line made no sense.

"What?!? How?!? No!"

Taylor Pyatt dropped the phone.

It is springtime in Canada, when we inevitably lose our minds about hockey, and talk about wins and losses as if they are life and death. They are, of course, nothing remotely close. And no one knows this better than Pyatt, a tall, bruising forward for the Phoenix Coyotes.

A little over a year ago, he was getting ready for a playoff run with the Vancouver Canucks, and a summer wedding to his longtime girlfriend, Carly Bragnalo.

"We were together 11 years, high school sweethearts." Pyatt says. "She was just an amazing person. She just... always made me feel comfortable. We had a great relationship."

"Everyone loved her," says Taylor's younger brother Tom, a forward with the Montreal Canadiens. "She was always happy. She loved to cook. She was always cooking up big feasts for us at the cottage."

Their cottage, in Thunder Bay, is where Taylor and Carly were to be married. But on April 2nd, 2009, just four months before the wedding, that phone call in the middle of the night changed... everything.

"We had a game at home that night against Anaheim. I just went home and had something to eat, and went to sleep. I got a call at 2:30 a.m. from Carly's brother. I was still half asleep, I didn't know what he was saying. I couldn't comprehend it. I just dropped the phone. Then I got a call about 15 seconds later from her Dad. He said Carly had been killed in a car accident. I couldn't believe it... I kept asking him over and over, 'Are you sure, are you sure?' I was in total shock."

Bragnalo was vacationing in Jamaica. She was in a taxi with her Mom and three others when the driver lost control around a corner, flipped, and hit a utility pole. Carly was the only fatality.

Taylor Pyatt sits in a dressing room at the Coyotes' arena in Glendale, Arizona, squeezing an empty water bottle over and over nervously. This is the first time he has spoken publicly about Carly's death, and his year in Hell.

He is a quiet guy at the best of times, so finding the right words is a struggle. You want to tell him you understand. Right words? They don't exist.

"It was just a devastating time for me. I got on a flight and went home right away. I was surrounded by my family for the next few weeks, but I was in total shock. The first few days, making funeral arrangements, making plans to get her back... her body back, all those sort of things you thought you would never do, especially at this point of your life. I remember asking myself, 'Are you really doing this?'"

"It felt like a bad dream," says Tom Pyatt. "I flew right home and Taylor was already there, with friends. There's not much you can say. I just gave him a big hug and told him I'd be there for him."

Taylor would spend the next three weeks in Thunder Bay, trying to figure out why the world had leveled him from behind. Answers never came.

He returned to the Canucks, just before their playoff series with Chicago, hoping to lose himself in hockey. Going to the rink, seeing the guys, trying to win games - it helped.

But once the team was eliminated, he was left alone, to a summer of mourning. And a feeling that he needed to get far, far away.

"I felt it was time to move on from Vancouver, time to turn the page, for my personal life and my career."

Pyatt was a free agent, and in the harsh world of professional hockey, he was now a bit of a risk. He was a 27 year-old budding journeyman (he had played for the Islanders and Buffalo, before Vancouver) coming off a so-so season, and he was a mess mentally. Damaged.

Only one general manager called him. Don Maloney of the Phoenix Coyotes.

"We drafted his brother Tom in New York, so I knew the family," say Maloney. "We didn't have the resources to offer him what he'd been making in Vancouver, but I wanted to see how he was doing, and tell him why this would be a great fit for him."

Phoenix was hardly a desired destination for most free agents last summer. The team was in bankruptcy court, ownerless, and hadn't made the playoffs in eight years. It seemed like a one-way ticket to hockey obscurity. And maybe that's what made it the perfect place for Taylor Pyatt.

"He was looking for a fresh start," says Maloney. "I think he looked at us in the desert being as far away from all the attention in Canada as you can imagine."

He was right.

Pyatt did need to get away. Away from everything that reminded him of his old life. Of Carly. So he became a Phoenix Coyote.

Play through pain. That's what hockey players are supposed to do, right? But there was no treatment for this. No ice bags, no pills, no rehab. It was unrelenting. Paralyzing.

"I think early on in the season I struggled quite a bit. It was much harder than I thought. Mentally, emotionally, the ups and downs of hockey can be tough by themselves. But to add on the grieving process... at times it was really difficult. If I had a tough game, in the morning I felt pretty low. I started to wonder if I should step away from the game for a bit... if my heart was still in it."

During those tough first few months, Pyatt became good friends with Keith Yandle, the Coyotes star-in-the-making defenceman. They would hang out, go to dinner, and when Pyatt was ready, talk.

"He's a quiet guy, and I didn't really know what was going on inside him. But once he got comfortable, sometimes he'd want to talk about it, and so I'd just listen. That's all you can do is be there to listen.

"I think it helped him. He started to come out of his shell. He likes to laugh, joke around. It's great to see. I'm engaged right now and I couldn't imagine what happened to him happening to me. He's a really strong kid, and a great guy."

As the season wore on, and the Coyotes started winning, hockey started to matter again to Pyatt.

"It was hard early," says Maloney. "The holidays were really hard for him. He sat out some games when he wasn't as good as he needed to be. But, the last month he's been terrific. When he's focused, he's an unstoppable force."

It's been a year now. And Taylor Pyatt is healing. Slowly.

"There was no one day that I was suddenly ready to move on," says Pyatt. "It just comes and goes, and you learn to live with it. I still struggle every day. I still think about Carly every day. But I'm not as emotional as I was. I can smile and laugh about the good times we had. I love playing hockey, and I'm excited about this team and its chances. I'm looking forward to getting that happiness and joy back in my life."
Old 04-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Bruins win tonight, 2-1, and now lead the series 2-1 over the Sabres.

This was one of the most physical games I've seen in a very long time. And Boston Garden was as loud as it has ever been for hockey, beginning in the second minute of the first period all the way to the end!

Go Bruins!!!
Old 04-19-2010
Shecock obsessed

^ Glad to see that result.

Now if Montreal would only remember that they are supposed to play hockey and not just show up.
Old 04-20-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
^ Glad to see that result.

Now if Montreal would only remember that they are supposed to play hockey and not just show up.
Unfortunately, I think that Ovechkin got into the head of Halak somewhat. He was not particularly sharp in the game(hence him getting pulled). Following online at work, I knew the Habs were in trouble when they gave up that shorthanded goal.

The next game is a must-win for the Habs for obvious reasons. Being down 3-1 to Washington would be an almost insurrmountable hole to climb out of.

Varlamov was great in net for Washington, so I imagine that Boudreau(SP?) will elect to go with him for Game #4(the "hot glove" and all that).

-----------------------
-----------------------

Congrats to Boston for taking Game #3. They played like a team on a mission rather than waiting for the opportunities to pop up for them. They are in an excellent position right now.

-----------------------
-----------------------

LA beat Vancouver 5-3. Luongo was pulled in the second period. Man, he's been hot and cold ever since the Olympics. He needs to get his act together if they want to make it to the next round. The amount of penalties that they took(and the PP goals they gave up) also needs to be curtailed for Game #4.
Old 04-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Bruins just beat the Sabres in the 2nd overtime, winning 3-2 after being behind 2-0 at the end of the 2nd period. It's hard to see how they don't advance, even though they have to go back to Buffalo for the next game.

Yay!
Old 04-21-2010
Shecock obsessed

^Glad to see this result, mainly because I don't like Buffalo.
Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

I honestly thought that Montreal had a chance to win this game once they had the 2-1 lead(at the time, they held a 33-18 shot advantage). It seems like the shorthanded goal that Montreal allowed with only 7 seconds left in the second period took all the wind from their sails and woke Washington up.

I don't think that Montreal will be able to come back from a 3-1 game deficit, but I still don't believe that Washington will win it all.

Congratulations to the Bruins again. I was trying to follow the game at work, but I had to go on patrol while they were still down 2-0. I am glad to see that they were able to take it in OT! Buffalo took a penalty in the 2nd OT(too many men on the ice) and it cost them!

I read on tsn.ca that there have been 11 'too many men...' penalties called in the playoffs so far(not sure if this includes any of tonight's games or not).

Vancouver stormed back and beat LA 6-4. Their series is now tied at two games apiece.
Old 04-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I honestly thought that Montreal had a chance to win this game once they had the 2-1 lead(at the time, they held a 33-18 shot advantage). It seems like the shorthanded goal that Montreal allowed with only 7 seconds left in the second period took all the wind from their sails and woke Washington up.

I don't think that Montreal will be able to come back from a 3-1 game deficit, but I still don't believe that Washington will win it all.......
Montreal had a 2 goal lead in the second game of the series. They haven't played hockey since. Sure they've shown up on the ice, but they still haven't played hockey. I too rather doubt that they can come back and win this round. They've already given up.
Old 04-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Habs have been looking like an entire team of Ovechkins in the Olympics, without the theatrics.
Old 04-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

That was a LONG Bruins game. I was watching "Food Inc." with my spouse at the time, but I kept flipping back and forth to catch the score.
Old 04-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The Habs have been looking like an entire team of Ovechkins in the Olympics, without the theatrics.
That's the truth.
Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
That was a LONG Bruins game. I was watching "Food Inc." with my spouse at the time, but I kept flipping back and forth to catch the score.
That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way. To have a shootout to end a playoff game would destroy any intensity to a game! The overtime periods are awesome! One little mistake can cost so much!

A shootout? More luck than anything. If they ever did bring the shootout into the playoffs, I would honestly think of boycotting the NHL for a while.
Old 04-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
......A shootout? More luck than anything. If they ever did bring the shootout into the playoffs, I would honestly think of boycotting the NHL for a while.
I agree. I hate shootouts at any time. It would completely destroy the game if it was introduced for playoff games.
Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I agree. I hate shootouts at any time. It would completely destroy the game if it was introduced for playoff games.
Seriously, could you even imagine Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final being decided by a ing shootout?
Old 04-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems that the Flyers have had the Devil's number all season long, and it is continuing into the playoffs.
Oh crap! Devils trail the Flyers 3-0 in the 3rd period of a must win Game 5.

Only 15 minutes of the Devils' season left.
Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Oh crap! Devils trail the Flyers 3-0 in the 3rd period of a must win Game 5.

Only 15 minutes of the Devils' season left.
And those 15 minutes are over.

The final was 3-0 Philadelphia, and with this victory win the series 4-1. This is the third straight year that the Devils have been eliminated in the first round. The offense for the most part seems to have disappeared in this series for the Devils.

The way things are shaping up, it looks like the Flyers will be facing the Capitals in the next round(barring a miracle comeback from the Habs).
Old 04-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.......(barring a miracle comeback from the Habs).
We both know that's not going to happen.
Old 04-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
We both know that's not going to happen.
That is true. I just didn't want to look like I was making a jab towards the Habs.

Ottawa beat Pittsburgh 4-3 in the 3rd overtime. Even with the victory I believe that Ottawa will lose to the Penguins. Leclaire was great in net for the Senators, so I would imagine that he will be in net for game #6. The average play of Elliott should give merit to that belief, but you never know. Clouston(Ottawa Head Coach) seems to like Elliott and he may have him in net again.

San Jose is smoking Colorado 5-0 with the game almost finished. Barring any unforseen circumstances, it looks like San Jose will be on to the next round(after this game they will hold a 3-2 game advantage). Anderson can't be the only player to show up for a game, and there are too many weapons on the Sharks to stymie them for long. Loathe as I am to say it, but San Jose could make it far this post-season. I think they played well against Phoenix and Vancouver during the regular season, so that would be in their favour, but I am not sure how they did against Detroit or Chicago. Colorado is not going to win any games waiting until the 3rd period to show up to play hockey. 2 shots in the first, 9 shots in the second, and 17 in the third. Not going to get it done. It looks like Nabokov has picked up his game now as well.

Speaking of Chicago, they beat Nashville 3-0 to tie that series up at two games apiece.
Old 04-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

jdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jdawg

Go Habs Go!
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

The Habs were able to stave off defeat! They are at least going to have one more game at home, which will hopefully motivate the team. If they play like they did in this game, there could actually be a Game #7!

Detroit beat Phoenix 4-1, and now hold a 3-2 game lead. It looks like Phoenix's Cinderalla story is on the brink of becoming a tale of tragedy.

Boston was not able to eliminate Buffalo, and they ended up losing 4-1. Lots of penalties in this one! Boston still holds a 3-2 game lead.

Vancouver kicked LA's ass 7-2 and now hold a 3-2 game advantage. If they play like they did tonight, they should be able to eliminate LA in Game #6.
Old 04-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

jdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jdawg

I hate the NHL TV structure. I can't watch Canadiens home games because of it. The one hope I had was having Boston beat Buffalo so we can get a game on VS , but that didn't happen. Its fucking stupid as they should just show games on the NHL network like the NBA does with the playoffs .
Old 04-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The Habs were able to stave off defeat! They are at least going to have one more game at home, which will hopefully motivate the team. If they play like they did in this game, there could actually be a Game #7!
It was good to see Montreal come back and win. They have the potential to beat Washington and last night they showed it. I'm glad that they finally decided to play hockey again last night. I read the the report of the game in today's newspaper. The report was written by a reporter with the Canadian Press. The one comment he made that really pissed me off was saying that Montreal stole the game. What a bullshit statement to make. How can a team steal a game?

Quote:
Detroit beat Phoenix 4-1, and now hold a 3-2 game lead. It looks like Phoenix's Cinderalla story is on the brink of becoming a tale of tragedy.
Glad to see this result. I'm not a Detroit fan, but I'm even less of a Phoenix fan. Hockey does not belong in Arizona where and especially since the team is not supported by the people in the area and is a financial drain on any owner while it remains in Arizona.

Quote:
Boston was not able to eliminate Buffalo, and they ended up losing 4-1. Lots of penalties in this one! Boston still holds a 3-2 game lead.
This was a disappointing result. I wanted to see Boston eliminate Buffalo. Wake up Boston. You can take Buffalo in the next game, but play hockey dammit and stay out of the penalty box.

Quote:
Vancouver kicked LA's ass 7-2 and now hold a 3-2 game advantage. If they play like they did tonight, they should be able to eliminate LA in Game #6.
Another result that I like.
Old 04-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
I hate the NHL TV structure. I can't watch Canadiens home games because of it. The one hope I had was having Boston beat Buffalo so we can get a game on VS , but that didn't happen. Its fucking stupid as they should just show games on the NHL network like the NBA does with the playoffs .
The biggest problem is that the NHL gets such poor ratings in the southern US that the networks won't carry the games.
Old 04-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The biggest problem is that the NHL gets such poor ratings in the southern US that the networks won't carry the games.
Another argument for an NHL that includes no teams in places where hockey cannot be played outdoors on a regular basis as the result of natural conditions.

Back in the mid-19th century, we should have freed the slaves and then let the South secede anyway, in anticipation of the lack of hockey enthusiasm down there. (Of course, my family was busy gearing up for a different civil war in another part of the world, some decades later.)
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

How's this for a serious load of bad luck for Nashville? They have a 4-3 lead and Marian Hossa(Chicago player) receives a 5 minute boarding major. The Blackhawks score shorthanded at 19:46 of the third period and it ends up going to overtime. Hossa's major ends and he jumps out of the penalty box and scores the game winner!

All I can say is "Wow!"
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

It looks like Zdeno Chara's 'Instigator' penalty was taken away(it really shouldn't have been one in the first place) so he will NOT be getting suspended for Game #6. Good news for the Bruins!
Old 04-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
It looks like Zdeno Chara's 'Instigator' penalty was taken away(it really shouldn't have been one in the first place) so he will NOT be getting suspended for Game #6. Good news for the Bruins!
Obviously, that a-hole Colin Campbell had nothing to do with this outcome!
Old 04-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

I've been flipping back and forth between the Ottawa - Pittsburgh game and other shows. Ottawa was leading 1 - 0 at the start of the second period. I came back to the game several minutes later and Ottawa was leading 3 - 0. I watched the game for a couple of minutes and the Penguins scored. Maybe I shouldn't linger so long on the game. I want Ottawa to win this game.
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I've been flipping back and forth between the Ottawa - Pittsburgh game and other shows. Ottawa was leading 1 - 0 at the start of the second period. I came back to the game several minutes later and Ottawa was leading 3 - 0. I watched the game for a couple of minutes and the Penguins scored. Maybe I shouldn't linger so long on the game. I want Ottawa to win this game.
You may as well have watched the game, Ila. Pittsburgh won the game 4-3 in overtime. I don't like Ottawa, so I am glad they are gone. Montreal and Vancouver are still in, and of the three Canadian teams that made it this year, they were the only two I was rooting for anyhow.

San Jose is currently ahead 1-0 over Colorado at the end of the first period. San Jose is only outshooting the Avalanche 10-7, so it is still anyone's game.