Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 10-21-2010
aw9725

Default Day of Remembrance 2010

This year's International Transgender Day of Remembrance will be November 20, 2010. Here is a link to the site.

Not sure when our local day in Indianapolis will be. Last year it was on the 14th. Will have to do a little more research. If anyone is from around here and knows when it will be or would like to go, PM me.
Old 10-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw9725 View Post
This year's International Transgender Day of Remembrance will be November 20, 2010. Here is a link to the site.
Thanks for posting this. Plans are yet to be finalized for the event in Boston.
Old 10-21-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a TDoR announcement on this site within the next little while. It will have a couple of links to direct people to sites for more information. It`s also possible to get more information by doing an internet search for Transgender Day of Remembrance.
Old 11-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boston Tdor

I hope Forum members in the Boston area will come out tonight, November 19, 2010, for the Transsexual Day of Remembrance.

6 pm
Cathedral of St Paul
138 Tremont St (at Park St T stop)
Boston

This is an annual observance, with inspirational speakers, a community SpeakOut, a candlelight vigil, and hot apple cider with snacks and camaraderie afterwards.
Old 11-20-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I hope Forum members in the Boston area will come out tonight, November 19, 2010, for the Transsexual Day of Remembrance.

6 pm
Cathedral of St Paul
138 Tremont St (at Park St T stop)
Boston

This is an annual observance, with inspirational speakers, a community SpeakOut, a candlelight vigil, and hot apple cider with snacks and camaraderie afterwards.
How was the turn-out, smc?
Old 11-20-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

There was no TDoR service where I live so I had my own remembrance in honour of all those that have died because they are trans. I slowly scrolled through a list of the departed. I felt a profound sadness as I read each name. I finished my remembrance by vowing to help eliminate the prejudice and intolerance that there is towards transsexual women and men.
Old 11-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
How was the turn-out, smc?
It was pretty good. A lot of people went directly to the location of the candlelight vigil, which was some distance from the church.
Old 11-20-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
It was pretty good. A lot of people went directly to the location of the candlelight vigil, which was some distance from the church.
Thank you. That is good to hear.
Old 11-21-2010
aw9725

I could not find an event in Indianapolis this year so I lit a candle, read a list of names, and had my own ?time of reflection.?
Old 11-21-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw9725 View Post
I could not find an event in Indianapolis this year so I lit a candle, read a list of names, and had my own ?time of reflection.?
Much respect, aw9725.
Old 11-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The_Void will become famous soon enough

There was a nice little thing at my Uni... people lit candles and stood in a circle for a bit. I met a cute (t?)girl too.
Old 11-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

Lest we forget to quickly..
Old 11-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by franalexes View Post
Lest we forget to quickly..
One of the outcomes of the Boston event is the expanded development of a new political action group devoted to enacting anti-discriminatory laws in Massachusetts, in the name of the fallen.
Old 12-10-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

ianvries is on a distinguished road

yES, THIS DAY IS ONE OF THE BEST MOST IMPORTANT FOR OUR COUNTRY