Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 05-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default F.C.C. and "NippleGate"

Earlier this week I was stunned to hear on a newscast that the infamous Super Bowl halftime show featuring Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was still being dealt with by the Supreme Court. Yes, it has been 4 years since a 4 or 5 second glmpse of a bare breast on television. The FCC still wants CBS fined for this incident! Meanwhile between all the CSI's, Law and Orders, Criminal Minds and a plethora of other cop shows, hundreds are shot, stabbed, strangled or blown up in living color! Something is wrong with this picture! It was a bare breast! For 4 or 5 seconds! Get over it! Your thoughts, please! How soon before the FCC tries to control the internet the sae way they control TV?
Old 05-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

PART 1

Actually, I'm on the side of the FCC on this one. Their job IS to monitor and safeguard the airwaves from offensive material and, whether you agree with it or not, nudity aired on prime time TV during a "family friendly" event like the Super Bowl certainly warrants a slap on the wrist.

And make no mistake about it, that's what this amounts to -- a slap on the wrist. The FCC fined CBS the same way that they've fined other stations in the past... the fine was for only about $500,000, which was an incredible drop in the bucket when weighed against the ka-zillion dollars that CBS actually raked in for the Superbowl... and then the FCC said, "Promise not to do it again and you're good to go."

But instead CBS got whorish about the money, so they decided to fight rather than simply pay up. And the reason the case went to the Supreme Court is because they had ruled only a week or so earlier that Fox stations were also guilty of violating FCC rules, I believe for not bleeping out Bono at an awards show where he said "fuck" on live TV. Which, frankly, Fox should have easily caught given "time delay" technology that everyone uses these days. (I think it was Fox that was guilty of the Bono incident. All the same, that was another incident that really pissed off the FCC). At any rate, in that instance, they were likewise trying to resist paying any fines or any money leaving their bank account. And for the record, the Supreme Court didn't decide either of these cases -- it actually pushed them back to the lower courts to handle and instructed them to reconsider their previous decisions, otherwise THEN they'd hear the cases.

Basically, it works out like this. CBS dooesn't feel it should pay a fine because it was an "accidental costume malfunction" that took place, which allowed Janet Jackson's breast to be shown. Plus, CBS feels that IF there was some hanky-panky going on...if someone was trying to draw attention to themselves...then this had nothing to do with them, as the broadcast network. Instead the fault lies with Jackson and Justin Timberlake (in other words, CBS is also alluding to the fact that THEY planned all of this behind the scenes to get their names in the news even more).

Meanwhile, Fox in the Bono case tried using the insane legal defense that if you let people "accidentally" (>wink wink<) say words like "fuck" on live TV it's better for all concerned. Because if someone curses on TV, then the viewers at home will be more likely to sit up and take notice... and if the networks had more people sitting up and taking notice...well, then those same people would watch even more TV...and once that happened then the TV stations would have better ratings...which in turn means that higher prices could charged for commercial air time (the ad revenue that TV stations desperately rely on to survive).

So, in the whacked out minds of the broadcasters, if you extrapolate it to the very end, the FCC and the government should actually be glad that there are breasts or "fucks" on TV since it means more money all around. So, see? TV networks are actually your friend! They're only giving you more sex and violence and foul language to help out the economy!

Last edited by CreativeMind; 05-08-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Part 2

Anyway, that's the insane argument that CBS and Fox (as well as all the other broadcasters) are trying to make these days. Unfortunately, all of their bitching only serves to shine a light on the REAL problem -- namely that viewership for TV is in the tank these days. And truth be told, that's why the broadcast companies would love for the FCC to get off their backs and look the other way. It's because they DO want to start showing more nipples in prime time, as a way of hopefully juicing their ratings. So, make no mistake about it, "Nipplegate" isn't about nipples. It's about the most basic thing of all -- money. The bottom line is that the FCC issued a fine and they figured this would be over by now. But CBS and the other stations want to fight this to the bitter end because -- aside from being cheap bastards that don't want to part with a single penny -- they DO want to see standards loosened, since they see that as a way of saving their own financial necks.

It's ironic that given this topic that TV used to be called "the boob tube." It earned that infamous nickname because of the couch potato generation. There was a time when TV was an undisputed king because the overwhelming majority of people liked to come home after work and just veg out in front of it.

But with TV viewership down, a major marketing study was commissioned about a year or so ago by the networks and its results scared them shitless. Basically, the study showed that people now had a NEW favorite way to relax after work -- it was to go online. The study showed that for the first time in 40 plus years, TV didn't rank first as a mode of relaxation...hell, it didn't even come in second or third. Instead, computers had taken over and something like 7 out of 10 people said their favorite way to relax after work was to go online. It was to web surf, chat, email, work on a blog, trade photos or music...whatever. But it sure wasn't watching TV.

Which brings us full circle to the broadcasters fighting the FCC, hoping they can make things racier to try and lure people back. Unfortunately, in yet another bad body blow against the broadcast networks, in a recent poll people were asked "What's the one thing you could get rid of easiest and live without?" -- at which point a huge percentage answered their TVs, saying they could get their news or download things all online instead.

So, I don't see this as a battle over free speech or the government trying to seize control of TV or the Internet, and then trying to legislate what you can or cannot do. Hell, technically they do that NOW given all the laws that are ALREADY on the books. Instead, as I said before, I see this as the oldest battle of all -- it's simply over money and who gets to be top dog making and keeping it.
Old 05-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default F.C.C. and Nipple Gate

Some great points "Creative Mind". And, I agree with alot of what you are saying. But, this "family friendly" event (Super Bowl) was shown at the same time as drama programs which include all types of violent acts. That is one point I am making "violence" is ok (family friendly) but a naked body is not.

I do remember there was a rumour that Janet did it to take some of the "spotlight" off of her brother "Michael" and the "Neverland" controversy.

Thanks for contributing, Creative Mind.
Old 05-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Yeah yada yada yada but i bet alot of people didn't notice or pay attention until it was all over the news after all it was a flash that lasted like ten seconds or less and to get a good look you have to freeze frame it or run it in super slow motion so get over it and lets move on as there are much bigger problems in the world that are more important the Janet Jackson flashimg her tit for a split second the world didn't come to a crashing halt and i dout anyone was struck blind for watching it Jennifer
Old 05-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default F.C.C. and Nipple Gate

Yes, transjen...my point exactly! Get over it! But, 4 years later...it is still news! If this had happened in Europe it wouldn't have caused a ripple of controversy!
Old 09-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Be_my_nude is a glorious beacon of lightBe_my_nude is a glorious beacon of lightBe_my_nude is a glorious beacon of lightBe_my_nude is a glorious beacon of lightBe_my_nude is a glorious beacon of light

An unexciting episode worthy of note by all shallow-minded pea-brains and a frenetic copy-obsessed media.
Old 09-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

That appeals courts could allow this to go as far as the Supreme Court suggests something is VERY wrong with our legal system.
Old 09-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

Your tax dollars hard at work, same old same old.

Since when is it that we expect govenement to be wise, impartial, and fair?

Cause it almost never happens, ever.

Also, if you're busy with inconsequensial stuff you don't see the other more stupid and vile things that they do.

JohnDowe.