Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

HORNYAL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HORNYAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I didn't say I knew more about hockey than you because of my age. I simply implied that given how long I have been following hockey, I might actually know (whether you or anyone else on earth also does) that playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey. But if it makes you feel better to call that preaching age crap, knock yourself out. Now that I know two things about you -- you're a Montrealer and a hockey fan -- it makes perfect sense that you would react in that manner.

I wasn't, by the way, offended by what you wrote about my use of the word "favorites." I truly did not, and still do not, understand your point.

As for the "hockeytown" bullshit, well, I'm from an Original 6 city, too, but if it makes you feel better to claim Montreal as the official, one-and-only "hockeytown," go ahead. I think the folks of Sarpsborg, Norway, may take issue with that (you can look it up).
Yes, they love hockey. I know all about the Sparta Warriors. Do they really deem themselves as a "hockeytown"? I'll take your word for that one.

I never said that Montreal is the one and only "hockeytown", although it is a hockeytown and I have also been to Boston and I have noticed that you guys love hockey as much as we do.

However, you should come up to Montreal sometime (that's if you already haven't), and see what I mean. Come check out a game at the Bell Centre (hopefully during a Bruins - Canadiens match) and see how fanatical that we are.

As for not understanding my point? Well, the only thing that I have to say is that I tried to make my earlier statement as clear as possible.

Again, my apologies if I offended you It is, after all, my opinion on this situation.
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNYAL View Post
Yes, they love hockey. I know all about the Sparta Warriors. Do they really deem themselves as a "hockeytown"? I'll take your word for that one.
Indeed, they do.

Quote:
I never said that Montreal is the one and only "hockeytown", although it is a hockeytown and I have also been to Boston and I have noticed that you guys love hockey as much as we do.
You wrote: "I live in Montreal. In case you have forgotten, this is hockeytown."

You didn't write "a hockeytown."

Quote:
However, you should come up to Montreal sometime (that's if you already haven't), and see what I mean. Come check out a game at the Bell Centre (hopefully during a Bruins - Canadiens match) and see how fanatical that we are.
I have, many times, seen Canadiens games in Montreal, both at the Bell Centre and at the old Forum. In fact, the first time I saw a hockey game at the Forum, the majority of the current teams in the NHL did not even exist.

And I have been to many games here in Boston when the Canadiens are in town. I travel to the games on the T -- our subway -- and the cars are packed with people wearing Habs shirts. I love to listen in on their conversations and then make a provocative pro-Boston hockey remark, in French, and watch their reactions. Yeah ... good times!

Quote:
As for not understanding my point? Well, the only thing that I have to say is that I tried to make my earlier statement as clear as possible.
That's nice, but I still have no idea what your point was about "favorites." Since it was directed to me, I would think you would want to explain it to me. But it's not important to me if it's not important to you.

Quote:
Again, my apologies if I offended you It is, after all, my opinion on this situation.
No offense taken. I know where hockeytown is, regardless of what you write.
Old 04-13-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Hey, I'm from hockeytown!!!
When did you move to Detriot?
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 04-13-2012
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
When did you move to Detriot?
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Detroit hasn't been hockeytown since Gordie Howe quite playing there.
Old 04-14-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

no happy dance tonight
looks like the season is just about over and time to move on to baseball
Penguins cheerleader moving on to Yankees cheerleader Jen
Old 04-18-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to all our great hockey discussions? We were discussing the Stanley Cup Playoffs much more last year than this year!
Old 04-20-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What happened to all our great hockey discussions? We were discussing the Stanley Cup Playoffs much more last year than this year!
Fuck this. I'm pissed off and drinkin'!
(and crying)
Old 04-21-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Brendan Shanahan announced a 25-game suspension for the Coyotes thug who goes by the name of Raffi Torres. I think Torres, a serial offender, is getting off easy, and I hope this sends a message to similar players throughout the NHL.

I think it's great that Shanahan has posted a detailed explanation of his decision. You can watch the video here:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=173753
Old 04-21-2012
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Just for the fun of it, and to give my hockey-fan friends on this site something to make fun of me for later on, I am going to go out on a limb and make predictions about the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Los Angeles will beat Vancouver in six games -- a big UPSET and a huge blow to my imaginary NHL in which Los Angeles doesn't even have a team.

St. Louis will beat San Jose in five games.

Phoenix will prevail over Chicago in six games, despite -- again -- that there shouldn't even be a hockey team in Arizona.

Detroit will beat Nashville in seven games.

Ottawa will make the New York Rangers work much harder than anyone expects, but the Rangers will advance after six games.

Florida (another place that shouldn't have a hockey team) will beat the New Jersey Devils in six games.

Pittsburgh will defeat Philadelphia. It will take seven games, and there will be several Penguin players who are physically unable to advance to Round 2.

The Boston Bruins will beat Washington in six games.

Okay, let's see how fucked up these prediction are ... in a couple of weeks!
The way the playoffs have been going so far(weirdest one I've seen in quite a few years!), there wouldn't be any reason to make fun of you! There are so many potential upsets already in motion, so it's really a crapshoot as to who will win!

I know that all the series (except one) are still ongoing, but I'm still going to weigh in with your predictions.

1. LA/Vancouver: You're close with this one. LA has a 3-1 lead, and with the way Quick as been playing, Vancouver will be hard pressed to win the last 3 games. That being said, nothing is impossible(Philly proved that in the 2010 playoffs) but it will be very difficult for Vancouver.

2. St. Louis/San Jose: San Jose has a 1-0 lead after 2 periods of tonight's game, but are still down 3-1 in games. Even if San Jose wins tonight, I agree with your prediction that St. Louis will win, just that it will take 6 games.

3. Phoenix/Chicago: Phoenix will win, especially now that Hossa has been taken out of the lineup. Torres received a 25 game suspension, but I don't think that will affect Phoenix. I think that Phoenix will finish the Hawks in 5. And I also agree with you 100% that Phoenix shouldn't have a team.

4. Detroit/Nashville: You were totally wrong with this one. Nashville beat Detroit 4-1, and the major reason for that was the spectacular play of Pekka Rinne! As with Phoenix, I don't want to see Nashville go very far(one of the reasons is that I don't believe they should have been allowed to have that player rejoin them for the playoffs...I can't recall his name at the moment). I also think that Shea Weber should have been suspended for a game for his bush-league stunt against Zetterburg.

5. Ottawa/New York: I agree that this will probably be the tightest contest of all. They are tied 2-2 in games, and Ottawa is currently ahead 1-0 with about 13 minutes left in the third period. I think that (unfortunately) Ottawa will win this in 6 games.

6. New Jersey/Florida: Much to the chagrin of dauls, I have to agree with your prediction. Florida just shutout New Jersey tonight, and now hold a 3-2 game lead. Florida (unfortunately) in 6 games.

7. Pittsburgh/Philadelphia: If you had told me after the first 3 games that it would be a 7-gamer with Pittsburgh winning, I'd look at you as if you'd lost your mind. However, the past two games have shown a drastic change in momentum. Philadelphia is no longer getting all the calls in their favour(and are getting more calls against them now), and Fleury is not quite the sieve he was, and Pittsburgh is playing with a lot more confidence. I do believe that if any team can come back in any of the first round series, it will be the Penguins. I agree with your prediction.

8. Boston/Washington: I can't honestly say who'll win this one. Neither team has totally blown the other out of the water. That being said, I'm going to pick Washington in 7 just because their goaltender has stolen a couple of games for them so far, and that reminds me of the "Halak run" for Montreal a couple of seasons ago.

One thing I will mention about the playoffs so far is that there have been some entertaining games, but there have also been far too many dirty plays. They need to put a stop to it, and hopefully the Torres suspension is a sign of things to come.
Old 04-21-2012
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
no happy dance tonight
looks like the season is just about over and time to move on to baseball
Penguins cheerleader moving on to Yankees cheerleader Jen
You're seriously jumping ship to the Yankees? Couldn't you pick anyone but them?
Old 04-21-2012
Dark Overlord

Couple of updates to my previous post.

1. Ottawa beat New York tonight 2-0 and now lead the series 3-2.

2. St. Louis scored two quick goals in the third period and now lead 2-1! There's only 4:43 left in the third period!
Old 04-23-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

With four of the eight first-round Stanley Cup Playoff series completed, I thought I'd review my earlier predictions ... just for fun.

Quote:
Los Angeles will beat Vancouver in six games -- a big UPSET and a huge blow to my imaginary NHL in which Los Angeles doesn't even have a team.
I took a lot of heat from my local hockey friends for this prediction, and it turns out I was wrong. Los Angeles only needed 5 games!

Quote:
I called the Blues over the Sharks in exactly the right number of games.

Quote:
Phoenix will prevail over Chicago in six games, despite -- again -- that there shouldn't even be a hockey team in Arizona.
If the Coyotes win tonight, I will have called this one exactly. Chicago has home-ice advantage for Game 6, though, and the Coyotes are 0-7 in their history in games to win a first-round series.

Quote:
The only thing that would have made me more wrong on this prediction would have been for Nashville to sweep the Red Wings, rather than losing one game.

Quote:
Ottawa will make the New York Rangers work much harder than anyone expects, but the Rangers will advance after six games.
I was definitely right that the Senators would make the Rangers work, and New York is facing elimination. I have very serious doubts now as to whether this series will end up with the victor I predicted.

Quote:
Florida (another place that shouldn't have a hockey team) will beat the New Jersey Devils in six games.
If Florida wins Game 6, I will have predicted this one correctly.

Quote:
Pittsburgh will defeat Philadelphia. It will take seven games, and there will be several Penguin players who are physically unable to advance to Round 2.
The Flyers have prevailed, and I was wrong. I am not surprised, given the poor play of the Penguins.

Quote:
I am already wrong on my Bruins prediction, as far as number of games, but I am confident that with Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand finally coming alive, the Caps will have a difficult time prevailing at the Garden on Wednesday. The story of this series though far, though, is the amazing play of Washington goalie Braden Holtby.
Old 04-24-2012
Dark Overlord

New Jersey and Florida are currently tied 2-2 in the 1st OT.
Old 04-27-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Okay, the results are in. If I were playing baseball and batting .500, it would be impressive. In predicting hockey series outcomes, though, getting half of them correct doesn't seem like a very good record.

My predictions were:

Quote:
Los Angeles will beat Vancouver in six games ...
I called the outcome correctly, although it took one fewer game.

Quote:
Another correct prediction, with the number of games exact.

Quote:
Phoenix will prevail over Chicago in six games ...
Another exact prediction.

Quote:
It took Nashville only 5 games to prove me wrong.

Quote:
Ottawa gave the Rangers even more trouble than I expected, but the Rangers -- as I predicted -- finally prevailed.

Quote:
Florida ... will beat the New Jersey Devils in six games.
I didn't want Florida to win, but my prediction was still incorrect. The Devils took the series in 7.

Quote:
Pittsburgh will defeat Philadelphia. It will take seven games ...
Wrong!

Quote:
My heart is broken. Washington advances after 7 games.

Now for a stab at the next round. My predictions:

St. Louis will beat Los Angeles in 7 games.

Nashville will beat Phoenix in 6 games.

New York will beat Washington in 7 games.

Philadelphia will beat New Jersey in 7 games.

After the Bruins lost, I was really hoping the Ottawa Senators would win (even though it would have lowered my percentage of correct predictions). I would have rooted for a Canadian team to bring the Stanley Cup back to the country where hockey rules!
Old 05-01-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Now for a stab at the next round. My predictions:

St. Louis will beat Los Angeles in 7 games.

Nashville will beat Phoenix in 6 games.

New York will beat Washington in 7 games.

Philadelphia will beat New Jersey in 7 games.
Well, I'll be the first to admit that my predictions are not going so well, so far. Both Los Angeles and Phoenix are up 2-0 in their series. Could this be the Kings' year?!
Old 05-08-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Well, I'll be the first to admit that my predictions are not going so well, so far. Both Los Angeles and Phoenix are up 2-0 in their series. Could this be the Kings' year?!
Well, since LA just swept St. Louis out of the playoffs, I am now rooting for New Jersey! Go Devils! They currently hold a 3-1 lead in the series.

Yippi-skippi. The Coyotes just beat Nashville 2-1 and *YAWN!* advance to face the Kings. Boy, what a snorefest series that was.

The Rangers beat Washington 3-2 in OT, so they hold a 3-2 series lead so far.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the play of Mike Smith(who?) for Phoenix, they would not have gotten as far as they have so far. Hopefully, they make it no further, as I do not want Buttman any happier than he already is.
Old 05-13-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Where have all the hockey fans gone?

Since I've been so off with predictions after the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I won't try again. I am inclined to root for the Rangers, though, only because I like to see Original 6 teams doing well (although I don't think I could ever root for Montreal, being a Bruins fan). I don't think there should even be hockey teams in Los Angeles or Phoenix. Yes, I know it's about the players and not the location (as I was sternly reminded by a friend recently), but seriously ... hockey in the Southwest United States?!
Old 05-16-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Where have all the hockey fans gone?
To the ballpark to watch baseball

anyway of all the last teams standing there is non to get excitied about but my crystalball tells me the last two teams standing will be the Devils yuck and the Kings
like i said no exciting teams there so i hope the Kings win, why you ask well i have no real reason other then i can't stand the Devils and the Kings will be a first time cup winner }
now it's time for some baseball go Yankees
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 05-26-2012
Dark Overlord

It's now a Devils/Kings final. I am hopeful for a victory by New Jersey.
Old 06-19-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Default Agony !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
It's now a Devils/Kings final. I am hopeful for a victory by New Jersey.
Not much worse than seeing a team from your division win it all!

Sharks beat Kings 4/6 during the year including the last two games of the regular season.

Like Jen, I am *SO* ready for some not hockey for a while!

K
Old 06-24-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
Not much worse than seeing a team from your division win it all!

Sharks beat Kings 4/6 during the year including the last two games of the regular season.

Like Jen, I am *SO* ready for some not hockey for a while!

K
Yeah, it was a pretty crappy end to the playoffs. Only one team would have been worse...the Coyotes. I don't want Buttman to have any more reason to try and keep that team there.
Old 06-25-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Yeah, it was a pretty crappy end to the playoffs. Only one team would have been worse...the Coyotes. I don't want Buttman to have any more reason to try and keep that team there.
Having a bankrupt team win it, among horrible ratings might cause force changes.

The new schedule is out, I'm kindof m'eh about it. I hope the players agree to the realignment so we'll see all teams in the league home and away.

Can't get excited about the draft either, although I do enjoy the reactions of the young players after they've worked so hard their whole lives.