Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 03-02-2010
LeeIII

Default How smart are you

Lets see!!!

A man rides his horse in to town on Wednesday he stays for 4 days only but he leaves on Friday. How is that????

A father and son go for a car ride they have a very bad crash the dad is killed on the spot. The son is taken to a hospital the doctor comes in looks at the boy and says. I am sorry but i can't help this boy for he is my son. How is this????

There is a fog at the bottom of this well that is 12 feet deep there is no water in it. in the day time the fog can jump up 3 feet but at night the fog must jump back 2feet. How many days will it take the fog to get out of the well???

Check back Friday for you answers... and see how smart you are
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIII View Post
Lets see!!!

A man rides his horse in to town on Wednesday he stays for 4 days only but he leaves on Friday. How is that????

A father and son go for a car ride they have a very bad crash the dad is killed on the spot. The son is taken to a hospital the doctor comes in looks at the boy and says. I am sorry but i can't help this boy for he is my son. How is this????

There is a fog at the bottom of this well that is 12 feet deep there is no water in it. in the day time the fog can jump up 3 feet but at night the fog must jump back 2feet. How many days will it take the fog to get out of the well???

Question #1- It doesn't state that he didn't go on more than one trip. Therefore he arrived on a Wednesday and then left on a Friday sometime in the future.

Question #2- The doctor is the deceased man's father(the grandfather of the surviving boy).

Question #3- I assume you meant frog rather than fog? The frog will leap over the edge of the well during the daytime of the 10th day.

How did I do?
Old 03-02-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Kakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Question #1- It doesn't state that he didn't go on more than one trip. Therefore he arrived on a Wednesday and then left on a Friday sometime in the future.
The horse's name is Friday
Old 03-02-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakariko View Post
The horse's name is Friday
Damn. The second I read that, I knew I had made a mistake. I can pretty much guarantee that you are correct Kakariko. Nice one!

ETA: I gave you some Rep for that.
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Define "smart," because these do not measure actual intelligence. They measure awareness and reading comprehension.
Old 03-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Define "smart," because these do not measure actual intelligence. They measure awareness and reading comprehension.
I don't comprehend the reading as well as I should.
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

merelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these parts

my brain hurts!!
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Kakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really niceKakariko is just really nice

Quote:
Damn. The second I read that, I knew I had made a mistake. I can pretty much guarantee that you are correct Kakariko. Nice one!

ETA: I gave you some Rep for that.
I don't feel so smart anymore.. what's ETA stand for? I've only ever known it as Estimated Time of Arrival, but I'm pretty sure that's not what it means here

Also, notice that for the second question, it mentions the doctor cannot help the boy as it is his son, not grandson.

Quote:

So my guess would be that the grandfather (father of the doctor) and his grandson (son of the doctor) are the ones in the vehicle. So a father and a son still go for a car ride. The dad who is killed would be the grandfather, or father of the doctor. Not certain if this is the answer he's looking for or not, but.. that's what I'd go for.

By the way, I've heard that horse one heaps of times with slight variations, so I knew the minute I read it. I do love puzzles like this though!
Old 03-03-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakariko View Post
I don't feel so smart anymore.. what's ETA stand for? I've only ever known it as Estimated Time of Arrival, but I'm pretty sure that's not what it means here

Also, notice that for the second question, it mentions the doctor cannot help the boy as it is his son, not grandson.

So my guess would be that the grandfather (father of the doctor) and his grandson (son of the doctor) are the ones in the vehicle. So a father and a son still go for a car ride. The dad who is killed would be the grandfather, or father of the doctor. Not certain if this is the answer he's looking for or not, but.. that's what I'd go for.

By the way, I've heard that horse one heaps of times with slight variations, so I knew the minute I read it. I do love puzzles like this though!
LOL! At least I can answer this one correctly. ETA when used on a forum stands for Edited To Add.

I've got a page lying around somewhere that has a fun brain-teasers on it. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

Another one that I like:

Three men bought an oven for their flat share for 300?. But the salesman realized the oven should have been only 250?. So he sent the trainee and told him to give 50? back to the men. The Trainee cheated and gave back 10? to each, 30? in sum, and hold 20? for himself.
So every man paid actually 90?, together they paid 270? (90? * 3 = 270?). The trainee has 20?.
270? + 20? = 290?
It was 300?, where are the remaining 10??

@ shadows and Kakariko for Question #2:
Change the word doctor to nurse, read again, and change nurse to doctor. The magic of clich? Occupations.
Old 03-03-2010
LeeIII

Quote:

Question #2- The doctor is the deceased man's father(the grandfather of the surviving boy).

Question #3- I assume you meant frog rather than fog? The frog will leap over the edge of the well during the daytime of the 10th day.

How did I do?
Ok it was late but yes I did mean frog I was sleepy. LOL
Old 03-03-2010
LeeIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by merelypink View Post
my brain hurts!!
I am sorry.
Old 03-03-2010
LeeIII

Just checking in to see how ever one is doing so far only one of the ? has been answered, keep up the great work yall!!!
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post
Another one that I like:

Three men bought an oven for their flat share for 300?. But the salesman realized the oven should have been only 250?. So he sent the trainee and told him to give 50? back to the men. The Trainee cheated and gave back 10? to each, 30? in sum, and hold 20? for himself.
So every man paid actually 90?, together they paid 270? (90? * 3 = 270?). The trainee has 20?.
270? + 20? = 290?
It was 300?, where are the remaining 10??

@ shadows and Kakariko for Question #2:
Change the word doctor to nurse, read again, and change nurse to doctor. The magic of clich? Occupations.

There was no 300 the formula is 3 times 90 equals 270 minus 20 equals 250 which is the amount the store collected. Balances
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
There was no 300 the formula is 3 times 90 equals 270 minus 20 equals 250 which is the amount the store collected. Balances
If competent performed many get serious problems to explain it.
How about this http://forum.transladyboy.com/showthread.php?t=6548, seems to be more a challenge for you.

Another one, probably to easy for Captn Sacto:

The day before yesterday, Suzie was 6 years old. Next year, she'll turn 9. How is this possible?
Old 03-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

rockabilly will become famous soon enoughrockabilly will become famous soon enough

Hmmm the Father and Son riddle .... The Father was a priest who was taking the Doctors son home after church.

The father wrecked because he only had one hand on the wheel.

I'm smart enough to know that i don't know everything.
Old 03-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The day before yesterday, Suzie was 6 years old. Next year, she'll turn 9. How is this possible?
Because Suzy's birthday is December 31. Today would be Jan 1. Two days ago (Dec 30) Suzy was 6. On Dec 31 she turned 7. Later this year, on Dec 31 she will turn 8. Next year on Dec 31 she will turn 9.
Old 03-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Kirsty Scott will become famous soon enoughKirsty Scott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Lets see!!!

Ok so the first one has been answered ..... The Horse is called Friday.

The second one is applicable to a gender related forum ..... You guys are just sexist ..... Females can be doctors too.

The doctor is the boy's Mommy.

The last one I don't know how to answer it is either 8 or 9 days depending on whether reaching 12ft lets the fog creep out being level with the top of the well or whether the fog needs to reach 13 ft (above the top of the well) to pop out in which it is 9 days.

There .... I hope that lifts the fog sufficiently.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 03-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty Scott View Post
The last one I don't know how to answer it is either 8 or 9 days depending on whether reaching 12ft lets the fog creep out being level with the top of the well or whether the fog needs to reach 13 ft (above the top of the well) to pop out in which it is 9 days.
8 or 9, how that?
1.Day -9ft, 1.Night -11ft, 2.D -8ft, 3.D -7ft, 4. -6ft, 5. -5ft, 6. -4ft, 7. -3ft, 8. -2ft, 9. -1ft, 10. 0ft. His toes are at -12feet at the stat, 1.day. At day 10 his toes are at zero and he is above the well surface level and he is out of it. I don?t know if it takes the day if you succeed that day. I fully support shadows answer.

My questions would be: Why does it take so long, 12 feet are easy to make in one night for a frog. And why he gets up at day, and down at night? The frogs (treefrogs) that are able to climb/jump in a well are usually night active, to prevent dehydration in the sun.

The birthday was too easy for ila. Maybe those are a bit harder.

Here are some rockabilly probably know, min. 4 out of 5. Don?t spoil the first ones too early rockabilly.

1. Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me when I have flown.

2. I never was, yet always will be. I am never seen, yet always come. I can carry nothing, yet hold much for some.

3. Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who uses it has no knowledge of it.

4. I am always hungry, I must be fed. The finger I lick will soon turn red.

5. You are allowed to use only two numbers and no symbols. What is the biggest number you can express with them?

Last edited by Tread; 03-04-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Kirsty Scott will become famous soon enoughKirsty Scott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
8 or 9, how that?
1.Day -9ft, 1.Night -11ft, 2.D -8ft, 3.D -7ft, 4. -6ft, 5. -5ft, 6. -4ft, 7. -3ft, 8. -2ft, 9. -1ft, 10. 0ft. His toes are at -12feet at the stat, 1.day. At day 10 his toes are at zero and he is above the well surface level and he is out of it. I don?t know if it takes the day if you succeed that day. I fully support shadows answer.
I have to agree I added 3 to 9 instead of 7 in my calculations ......

I blame all those guys who visit me claiming they have a nine inch cock ......

I made a booboo .....

The frog can't get out quicker because it is so foggy in the well he gets lost .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 03-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

1. Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me when I have flown.

Time

2. I never was, yet always will be. I am never seen, yet always come. I can carry nothing, yet hold much for some.

At first I thought it was an invisible penis but now I think I'll answer this tomorrow.

3. Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who uses it has no knowledge of it.

Heard this before it's a coffin ..... but I disagree .... you can buy a coffin to put someone you love in which means you have a use for it.

Fat woman on her period .....

5. You are allowed to use only two numbers and no symbols. What is the biggest number you can express with them?
900? 9 and 8 on its side
Are the numbers between 1 and 10?
Old 03-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I must admit, I have a love/hate relationship with these sorts of brain teasers. I love how clever they are, but I hate that I'm not clever enough to stumble onto the right answer from the get go. I love the answer to the first one...being that Friday is the horse! LOL
Old 03-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
1. Time

2. At first I thought it was an invisible penis but now I think I'll answer this tomorrow.

3. Heard this before it's a coffin ..... but I disagree .... you can buy a coffin to put someone you love in which means you have a use for it.

4. Fat woman on her period .....

5. 900? 9 and 8 on its side

Are the numbers between 1 and 10?
Good start.

3. I agree with the disagree. It?s not the coffin.

4. If ?The finger I lick will soon turn red.? were true the fat woman would also be very flexible and would feed herself with her ?. No.
Arrrgg, how I get this picture out of my head.

5. O.K. bad explained by me. Two single numbers, 0-9. For example combine a 3 and a 3. No symbols, no words, only the two numbers.
900 contains one number too much (a 9 or a 0). But it?s bigger than 900.

shadows, I have a special one for you as bird friend:

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?

Last edited by Tread; 03-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2010
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets see!!!

The doctor is the boy's mother.
Old 03-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

shadows, I have a special one for you as bird friend:

I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?
Sweet! I think I've got this one. It is the bird's reflection! I hope...
Old 03-05-2010
LeeIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
The doctor is the boy's mother.
very good
Old 03-05-2010
LeeIII

Here are the answers 1. the horse name is Friday 2.The doctor is the boys Mom 3. it take the frog 10 days to get out. (because at day 9 he is at 9 feet then on day 10 he jumps up 3 more feet and he is on his way home. because 9+3=12) Thanks to all who played I hope it was fun for yall.
Old 03-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Sweet! I think I've got this one. It is the bird's reflection! I hope...
Damn you outfoxed me.
Indeed this would work with the riddle, but that?s not what I wanted to hear, and my reference (dull joke) doesn?t expose.
I?m sure you got it now, so the part of the bird is: shadow(s) (insert cricket chirr)

Last edited by Tread; 03-05-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
very good
Hey .....

Post No.18

I already answered that .....

Referee ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 03-06-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Damn you outfoxed me.
Indeed this would work with the riddle, but that?s not what I wanted to hear, and my reference (dull joke) doesn?t expose.
I?m sure you got it now, so the part of the bird is: shadow(s) (insert cricket chirr)
Nice one. Looking back, I can see your wordplay there. Neat little play on words.
Old 03-06-2010
LeeIII

Quote:
Hey .....

Post No.18

I already answered that .....

Referee ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
yes you did very good but you did not get the 3nd but still good job

Last edited by LeeIII; 03-06-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Hints

Quote:
Kirsty?s answer was close.

Quote:
I?m loved when I?m small, and feared when I?m tall.
You can catch me, feel me, but don?t grab me.
You could say I?m alive but commonly deny me as life form. You know how to kill me and have no moral problems doing it.
I?m very important for human life style, but I?m fight every day.

Quote:
Quote:
5. O.K. bad explained by me. Two single numbers, 0-9. For example combine a 3 and a 3. No symbols, no words, only the two numbers.
900 contains one number too much (a 9 or a 0). But it?s bigger than 900.
Thought this one not to the end. The probably bigger challenge is to write it on a forum, and not in a usual text program.

Quote:
Nice one. Looking back, I can see your wordplay there. Neat little play on words.
Thanks, I also tried to bait you with friend of bird and your relationship with crows.

Last edited by Tread; 03-06-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2010
aw9725

Quote:
Tread,

If I understand the question correctly, I believe it is 9 to the 9th power or 387420489.

Dr. A
Old 03-07-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Thanks, I also tried to bait you with friend of bird and your relationship with crows.
How did you know of my hatred of crows?
Old 03-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw9725 View Post
Tread,

If I understand the question correctly, I believe it is 9 to the 9th power or 387420489.

Dr. A
R.E.S.T.E.C.P! Restecp Dr. Ali.
If fussy taken the definition of number is not 100% fitting to 9.
And of course the thing that is impossible to write x.
(I hope it looks correct on your screen)

Quote:
How did you know of my hatred of crows?
The internet, and this forum, don?t forget easily.

Last edited by Tread; 03-07-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: bad english
Old 03-08-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
R.E.S.T.E.C.P! Restecp Dr. Ali.
If fussy taken the definition of number is not 100% fitting to 9.
And of course the thing that is impossible to write x.
(I hope it looks correct on your screen)

The internet, and this forum, don?t forget easily.
I must have forgotten that I posted about the darned crows here.
Old 03-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

If someone is still brooding about it, here are the remaining answers:

3. Grave
It?s an exception that you dig your own grave (not proverbial).
A coffin is not as limited in use as a grave, but to put a corpse in it would only be useful if you want the corpse back, or more common to transport it (witch would be a use). If you visit the grave you don?t use it.
If someone knows he uses it, something went terrible wrong.

4. Fire
I found the life aspect interesting:
it has a metabolism,
it creates a balance between intake and excreta to keep the flame stabile,
it response to stimuli,
the ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment (as embers, smolder),
it moves, it grows, it reproduces itself (over sparks),
and it dies.