Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Slavetoebony is on a distinguished road
Default Songs about TGs

Any songs about TGs? 'Tweeter and the Monkey Man' by Bob Dylan ? Traveling Wilburys comes to mind. Listen to the lyrics at the very end of the song, ".....before he ever became a Jersey girl...." Here is the url

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c...y-man_creation

(Not sure if this message board takes links to video uploading services. If not, go to dailymotion dot com / video and type in title and artist to access the song.)
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Surely, the most famous such song (if measured by success on the charts) is "Lola" by The Kinks (1970). It tells of a romantic young man's confused encounter with a transvestite, and made the Top 10 in both Britain and the United States.

Here's a link to the music, with full lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMS_5i0Bbs
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Surely, the most famous such song (if measured by success on the charts) is "Lola" by The Kinks (1970). It tells of a romantic young man's confused encounter with a transvestite, and made the Top 10 in both Britain and the United States.

Here's a link to the music, with full lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMS_5i0Bbs
Funny song.
"Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets"
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not forget "Walk on the Wild Side" by Lou Reed (1972). The song describes Holly, who "shaved her legs and then he was a she." You'll still hear the song on oldies stations today, because the lyrics are so clever that the censors don't know where to cut.

"And the colored girls sing ..."
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Enoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't Lou Reed in a relationship with a transsexual woman at some point? I think she's on the cover of some CD or other. They're lying together in bed like the arms of a spiral galaxy.
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Slavetoebony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let's not forget "Walk on the Wild Side" by Lou Reed (1972). The song describes Holly, who "shaved her legs and then he was a she." You'll still hear the song on oldies stations today, because the lyrics are so clever that the censors don't know where to cut.

"And the colored girls sing ..."
Indeed, very daring for 1972.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwD261MHsc
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I asked at school today, and two students mentioned a song I didn't know:

"Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go)" by Garbage

So I looked up the lyrics, which include:

You're such a delicate boy
In the hysterical realm
Of an emotional landslide
In physical terms

With your cherry lips and golden curls
You could make grown men gasp
When you'd go walking past them
In your hot pants and high heels
They could not believe
That such a body was for real
It seemed like rainbows would appear
Whenever you came near the clouds would disappear
Because you looked just like a girl
Your baby blues would flash
And suddenly a spell was cast

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrn...-baby-go_music
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Enoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavetoebony View Post
Indeed, very daring for 1972.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwD261MHsc
Daring or just the 70s? A time before STDs when all was good and AIDS was clearly just a fag disease, because, you know, obviously it could never spread to the heterosexual community and it was obviously punishment from god on high, so let's just ignore the human cost of that disease. wait im ranting...

Last edited by Enoch Root; 12-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Daring or just the 70s? A time before STDs when all was good and AIDS was clearly just a fag disease, because, you know, obviously it could never spread to the heterosexual community and it was obviously punishment from god on high, so let's just ignore the human cost of that disease. wait im ranting...
There were no documented cases of AIDS in the 1970s, FYI, although the disease certainly existed. Now, let's get back to the music, because that's what this thread is about.
Old 12-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

connie is a jewel in the roughconnie is a jewel in the roughconnie is a jewel in the rough
Default Music

Not sure if they are what you are looking for, as they are sung from the point of view of the guy becoming the girl, but "My First Christmas as a Woman - The Vandals" , "My Vagina - NoFX", and "King for a Day - Green Day" which admitedly only mentions cross dressing. I know a few more.
Old 12-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
There were no documented cases of AIDS in the 1970s, FYI, although the disease certainly existed. Now, let's get back to the music, because that's what this thread is about.
I know. Sorry. I just had a thought and ran with it to see where it would go and I have a tendency to try to write it down in order to remember it better. So, yes... I know that's a blush icon but everyone should take it as embarrassment. Maybe the icon of the drooping penis would be more appropriate for embarrassment.

On another note: that Garbage song, very good. Anything to watch a pretty woman nearly smooching the camera as she sings provocatively.

And to atone for my previous sin: there's a song I heard for the first time as a wee lad. I didn't understand it then but it's all too obvious now. It's in Spanish though, of the Salsa genre. More specifically it's old salsa from the 80s when salsa was still good and not the throwaway swill it is nowadays; it's what my people call "salsa gorda," literally "thick salsa." Yes, rather like the stuff you eat. The difference between salsa gorda and contemporary salsa is like wine and vinegar. It's Willie Colon's "El Gran Varon" or "The Great Man," "The Big Man." It's about a transvestite. It's the entire life story of a transvestite and it ends in, well, a rather predictable manner. Not predictable in a bad way, rather that...well, find a translation and you'll see. Somehow my father never batted an eye when the song came on and I was in the car.

Last edited by Enoch Root; 12-09-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: I'm not the salsa encyclopedia my father is.
Old 12-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
there's a song I heard for the first time as a wee lad. I didn't understand it then but it's all too obvious now. It's in Spanish though, of the Salsa genre. More specifically it's old salsa from the 80s when salsa was still good and not the throwaway swill it is nowadays; it's what my people call "salsa gorda," literally "thick salsa." Yes, rather like the stuff you eat. The difference between salsa gorda and contemporary salsa is like wine and vinegar. It's Willie Colon's "El Gran Varon" or "The Great Man," "The Big Man." It's about a transvestite. It's the entire life story of a transvestite and it ends in, well, a rather predictable manner. Not predictable in a bad way, rather that...well, find a translation and you'll see. Somehow my father never batted an eye when the song came on and I was in the car.
Yes, I know that song. I hadn't thought of it. I'm going to listen to it when I get home, and pull out some other Willie Colon, too, to put a smile on my face.
Old 12-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Androgyny by Garbage. Just listened to it. It's not really about tgirls but I imagine most of us here are fans of androgyny. And with lyrics like these:

Boys.. Boys in the girls room
Girls.. Girls in the men's room
You free your mind in your androgyny
Boys.. Boys in the parlour
Girls.. They're getting harder

Also: sex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGcXEEo1HAY&NR=1
Old 12-09-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

ROYGES is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was going to mention that one
Old 12-09-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I'm always here to deflate your balloon...and kick your cat.
Old 12-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

racquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really nice

What It Feels Like For A Girl (Madonna) is cute.

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da (The Beatles) is another adorable one about a guy named Desmond who goes out at night as a female singer named Molly.

Lady Stardust (David Bowie) ... seems more like it's just about a guy wearing makeup ...

Somebody Told Me (The Killers) sounds like he's talking to a girl and saying, "Your boyfriend is secretly a transvestite, and I fucked him last year."

Dude Looks Like A Lady (Aerosmith)

Sweet Transvestite (Rocky Horror)

You can argue that the songs are mostly about transvestites and not likely full-time transsexual women.
Old 12-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

As regards Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, the mention of Desmond putting on the makeup at the end was a mistake on The Beatles part. But they like it and kept it. Plus, it's more fun with the gender-bending.
Old 12-11-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Vallin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wasn't Lou Reed in a relationship with a transsexual woman at some point? I think she's on the cover of some CD or other. They're lying together in bed like the arms of a spiral galaxy.
Candy Darling. Famous 70's TG with the Andy Warhol tribe. She's also mentioned ("she was everybody's darling"). She was very pretty, but she died of leukemia before she was 30.
Old 12-19-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Florian has a spectacular aura aboutFlorian has a spectacular aura aboutFlorian has a spectacular aura about

As a newbie I'm reviving this thread with my personal favourite:
The Talk of all the USA by Middle of the Road.
Yes, the people who gave us the unforgivable Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

The denoument comes in the last verse:
When I got there before my very eyes I tell you man I got myself a big surprise,
Julie had that something other girls didn't have. She's a woman - no no no!

It's a catchy tune with some maniacal piano playing.

And what about Miss Amanda Jones by The Rolling Stones? Believed to be about Amanda Lear - who gets a few mentions on this site.

Going back to Lola - this was originally banned in the UK. Not becasue it was about a transvestite, but because the lyric said "It tastes just like Coca-Cola". Not allowed to advertise, they had to change it to cherry cola, which didn't exist at that time. Anyone who's ever had cherry cola will probably wish it had been left that way.