Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvenada View Post
SHADOW:

Alex Anthopoulos looks good as one of the new breed of GM, like Theo Epstein in BOS & Rube Amaro in Philly.

TAL
I hope that to be the case. I certainly am willing to give him a chance, unlike certain Jays "fans" who want us to be like the Yankees and buy everything in sight(I'm glad we're not like that). They bitch and moan about how he isn't doing anything at all, and how we need to get big named players now, now, NOW!!! Give the guy a chance, people! Sheesh!
Old 01-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
I hope that to be the case. I certainly am willing to give him a chance, unlike certain Jays "fans" who want us to be like the Yankees and buy everything in sight(I'm glad we're not like that). They bitch and moan about how he isn't doing anything at all, and how we need to get big named players now, now, NOW!!! Give the guy a chance, people! Sheesh!
SHADOW:

His sons are running the team differently than George for the last couple of years. Last year no big pitcher was picked up at the deadline. They spend their whole wad in the off-season with CC, AJ & Tex, but had more money come off the books with Abreu, Giambi & Mussina. The sons are not spending like George, and their payroll is going down.

TAL
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
SHADOW:

His sons are running the team differently than George for the last couple of years. Last year no big pitcher was picked up at the deadline. They spend their whole wad in the off-season with CC, AJ & Tex, but had more money come off the books with Abreu, Giambi & Mussina. The sons are not spending like George, and their payroll is going down.

TAL
We'll have to see how this year's offseason plays out. The Yankees have not gotten anybody yet, but they really don't have a big need right now. They are pretty set with the team they have. I wonder if they will be as good as they were last year, or will winning the World Series cause them to be a little lax?
Old 01-26-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everybody wants to keep Werth, who will be a $15M to $20M signing, if he has a good to super year with good being at '09 numbers.

We want J-Dub to have a super year, because no one will want him to have an off year.

However, if I read my Rubes correctly, The Phillies will dole out big money $15M to $20M (tops) to Halladay (or Lee), Rynosaur, Utley and Hamels.

We want Cole to come up big, and when he does he'll be 1 of 4 guys with big tickets: 2 starters and 2 position players.

4 guys @ $60M to $80M seems to be the ceiling, if I read my Rubes right.

Everything else is a dream. Keep in mind there is only 1 big ticket left to buy: Cole Hamels OR a starting stud hurler.

TAL
We may want to keep Werth beyond 2010, but Ryan Howard is a free agent after the 2011 season.

So the Phillies will probably have their eyes on Howard's new contract when it comes to negotiating with Werth at the end of the 2010 season.

Either way, hope Werth has a great 2010.
Old 01-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
The Yankees have not gotten anybody yet
C'mon, guys, we all need to pay closer attention. I can't believe you don't know about these BIG-name signings by the Yankees:

Royce Ring, a lefty reliever, to a minor-league contract

Reid Gorecki, outfielder, to a minor-league contract

David Winfree, outfielder, to a minor-league contract

Boone Logan, relief pitcher

These are massive signings, future Hall-of-Fame signings!!!!

Just ask one of the Steinbrenner assholes.
Old 01-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
C'mon, guys, we all need to pay closer attention. I can't believe you don't know about these BIG-name signings by the Yankees:

Royce Ring, a lefty reliever, to a minor-league contract

Reid Gorecki, outfielder, to a minor-league contract

David Winfree, outfielder, to a minor-league contract

Boone Logan, relief pitcher

These are massive signings, future Hall-of-Fame signings!!!!

Just ask one of the Steinbrenner assholes.
Are you sure those aren't the signings from the Jays?
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Tough division

Quote:
SHADOW:

It's pretty difficult for an AL East team to beat NYY and/or BOS, and any AL team to win the WC. It's those 2 and 2 other teams that have to win their division. I'm glad my team is in The NL.

TAL
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, the Jays have been sniffing around the girl's softball league I used to run, wondering whether they could pass off some of the shorter-haired kids (acquired, of course, for next to nothing), as boys.
Old 01-27-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Nah, the Jays have been sniffing around the girl's softball league I used to run, wondering whether they could pass off some of the shorter-haired kids (acquired, of course, for next to nothing), as boys.
My sister is a pretty good pitcher. She could probably throw her fastball(and it isn't even overhand) and it would probably strike out Vernon Wells!

Of course, that's not saying much. A ball rolling along the ground at 5 mph would garner a strikeout from him.
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Way can't a girl pitch in the NL or AL?
Even thou i no longer have balls of my own i bet i can still play shortstop very well just don't ask me to hit
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default All Field And No Bat, Like Juan Castro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Even thou i no longer have balls of my own i bet i can still play shortstop very well just don't ask me to hit
Jerseygirl Jen
JEN:

This is not meant to be insultive or offensive in ANY way.

But what kind of answer would you be expecting?

TAL
Old 01-27-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen
You would fit in very well with the Jays, Jen. They have not had a good-hitting shortstop in a loooooong time. They have had good defensive players there(Johnny Mac, for example), which have saved runs on quite a few plays.

I would prefer you to play that position than Johnny Mac. You would both be good defensively, but you are far prettier.
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Clarification

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't suggesting that girls aren't as good as boys when it comes to playing ball, only that the perception would be that they would be less expensive to sign!
Old 01-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would prefer you to play that position than Johnny Mac. You would both be good defensively, but you are far prettier.
I dout i would have made the pros, I was a good shortstop by little league standards had i stayed with it i may have made a colleage team but my poor hitting would have kept me out of the minors
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I dout i would have made the pros, I was a good shortstop by little league standards had i stayed with it i may have made a colleage team but my poor hitting would have kept me out of the minors
Jerseygirl Jen
Bah! Have you seen some of the players that actually make gross amounts of cash? Some of them are horrible hitters! I'll bet that you could outhit quite a few of them, Jen. Don't forget, you would have coaches(Major League ones) to help work on your swing. You could do it!
Old 01-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen

JEN:

It sounds like you couldn't hit the fastball, was that your hitting problem?

TAL
Old 01-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
JEN:

It sounds like you couldn't hit the fastball, was that your hitting problem?

TAL
I think my problem was when it was my turn to bat i'd hear from my own team thats the next out so i'd just go up and swing at anything just three straight swings then sit down once in a blue moon i'd get lucky and mange a hit
Old 01-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I think my problem was when it was my turn to bat i'd hear from my own team thats the next out so i'd just go up and swing at anything just three straight swings then sit down once in a blue moon i'd get lucky and mange a hit
When I was coaching, I would bench any player -- even my best player -- for saying something like that, even if it was only whispered to someone else. What an outrage!
Old 01-28-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
When I was coaching, I would bench any player -- even my best player -- for saying something like that, even if it was only whispered to someone else. What an outrage!
well kids are cruel and unfornatly so are some so called adults plus as a kid i had low selfesteam
do too well you can guess why

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-28-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
well kids are cruel and unfornatly so are some so called adults plus as a kid i had low selfesteam
do too well you can guess why

Jerseygirl Jen
And they wonder why so many people suffer from low self-esteem any more. I was bullied in school and never really had much desire to play a game where the bullies would be on the same team as me.
Old 01-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Any Sox Fans

What are The Sox trying to do with Lowell and his $12M after signing Beltre to play 3B for $10M?

Has anybody heard anything?
Old 01-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The conventional wisdom in Red Sox Nation regarding Mike Lowell is that since he has passed the "healthy threshold" in the off-season, once he demonstrates in Spring training that he can still move sufficiently well defensively he will be attractive enough for the Red Sox to secure the trade deal the team was unable to complete with the Rangers.

Beltre is a great acquisition, but Lowell will be sorely missed. He is a fan favorite, a genuinely good guy, and a tremendous clutch performer.
Old 01-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thnx.

Will The Sox have to eat any of that $12M or will TEX pay it all?
Old 01-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I should have written "a trade deal, which the team was unable to complete with the Rangers." That deal fell apart; there is no deal within which the Red Sox would have to eat part of Lowell's salary on behalf of the Rangers. I would suspect that they will have to do so with some other team, though. I doubt the Rangers will revive the original trade.
Old 02-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Signs of spring

Everyone has their favorite signs that spring is here, or at least on its way. I like the first robin that shows up in my yard, back from the south. But my favorite one is when pitchers and catchers start reporting for spring training. And today, despite that the official date is next Thursday, Jon Lester and Jonathan Papelbon were throwing the baseball around the field in Fort Meyers. Kevin Youkilis is in town, too, playing catch and having fun.

Go
Red Sox!
Old 02-11-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Everyone has their favorite signs that spring is here, or at least on its way. I like the first robin that shows up in my yard, back from the south. But my favorite one is when pitchers and catchers start reporting for spring training. And today, despite that the official date is next Thursday, Jon Lester and Jonathan Papelbon were throwing the baseball around the field in Fort Meyers. Kevin Youkilis is in town, too, playing catch and having fun.

Go
Red Sox!
*looks out the window and sees the several inches of snow that fell Tuesday and Wednesday*

Darn it. I would rather see the robin.
Old 02-11-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
*looks out the window and sees the several inches of snow that fell Tuesday and Wednesday*

Darn it. I would rather see the robin.

SHADOW:

Yesterday, they started the local sports show in a snow-covered ballpark here in Philly, while the snow continued to fall. We got 2 2-foot storms in the last week.

TAL
Old 02-11-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Spring arrives when the photos reveal the equipment being loaded onto the truck at the ballpark to be shipped to Florida.
Old 02-11-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
SHADOW:

Yesterday, they started the local sports show in a snow-covered ballpark here in Philly, while the snow continued to fall. We got 2 2-foot storms in the last week.

TAL
Yuck! That would have been a pain to dig yourself out of I would imagine!
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Yuck! That would have been a pain to dig yourself out of I would imagine!
SHADOW:

Well, the last 10 or so years have been too kind to Philly with winter weather, but it finally caught up to us. Seeing the baseball equipment going to Florida helped a bit.

TAL
Old 02-12-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
SHADOW:

Well, the last 10 or so years have been too kind to Philly with winter weather, but it finally caught up to us. Seeing the baseball equipment going to Florida helped a bit.

TAL
I imagine it would. Not too long now until Spring Training!
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Go
Red Sox!
I just read in the paper this morning that the day that the Sox head off for spring training is known as Truck day in Boston (actually the paper said New England, but I find it hard to believe that all of New England supports the BoSox). Is that the real term, smc, or is someone trying to coin a new phrase? Apparently yesterday was Truck day.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Truck Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I just read in the paper this morning that the day that the Sox head off for spring training is known as Truck day in Boston (actually the paper said New England, but I find it hard to believe that all of New England supports the BoSox). Is that the real term, smc, or is someone trying to coin a new phrase? Apparently yesterday was Truck day.
Yes, it absolutely is known as Truck day -- and it was this morning, not yesterday. It's a tradition that goes back a dozen years or so. I realize how difficult for people in other parts of the world (even cities with MLB teams) to realize just how big a deal baseball is in Boston. With all due respect to our Phillies fans on the board, the only city that comes close is St. Louis. Even Chicago Cubs fans pale in comparison.

Not convinced? When the Red Sox play in Tampa Bay, Baltimore, or Toronto, Red Sox fans consistently outnumber fans of the local team. Those are not transplants; those are people who've traveled from Boston! I myself have arranged work-related travel to see Red Sox games elsewhere, or just flat-out driven, or even flown at my own expense, over the years, and have rooted for the Red Sox in Oakland, Kansas City, Detroit, Toronto, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, and elsewhere. I've even done so in Yankee Stadium, and that takes some seriously steel nerves!

I went to Truck Day last year, but couldn't change my schedule this year. There are usually a lot of people there to see the trucks off. Kids like it because the Sox mascot, Wally the Green Monster, usually "directs traffic" once the trucks are loaded and ready to head out for the highway.

There will surely be up-to-the-minute reports on local Boston TV and radio as the trucks make their way south, too. See what I mean!

Now, regarding New England. First of all, the real borders of New England are not the same as the six states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont) that officially make up the region. Real New Englanders -- among which I count myself -- know that the western border is not the Connecticut-New York state line but runs down the middle of the Housatonic River. If you look on a map, you will notice that this real border conveniently eliminates the Yankees territory of southwestern Connecticut. Coincidence? I think not.

Sure, there are some people in New England who do not root for the Red Sox. But of those I know, they are either transplants from elsewhere, with very thick skins (because it's hard not to fall into the Red Sox mania if you love baseball and come from a "weak" baseball city), Yankees fans who go around boasting (and who get the shit kicked out of them, at least figuratively, on a regular basis), or people who have been brainwashed as part of keeping their "mixed marriages" from ending in the special divorce court set up on Yawkey Way next to Fenway. (Yes, in Red Sox Nation, we refer to a marriage between a Yankees fan and a Red Sox fan as a "mixed marriage.")
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

^ Thanks for the info, smc.
Old 02-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I'm not a New England native, so I haven't really bought into Red Sox mania. I'm from Atlanta originally, so I still feel as if I have roots there. But you've got to respect ANY team that has a rivalry with the Yankees. I don't really care to see Boston win so much as I LOVE seeing the Yankees lose.
Old 02-12-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I'm not a New England native, so I haven't really bought into Red Sox mania. I'm from Atlanta originally, so I still feel as if I have roots there. But you've got to respect ANY team that has a rivalry with the Yankees. I don't really care to see Boston win so much as I LOVE seeing the Yankees lose.
the anti-Yankees sentiment.

I've always hated those damn Yankees , and what they did to my beloved Phillies in October didn't help the situation.

Name:  Go Phillies.gif
Views: 86
Size:  38.4 KB

Last edited by dauls; 02-12-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
the anti-Yankees sentiment.

I've always hated those damn Yankees , and what they did to my beloved Phillies in October didn't help the situation.

DUALS:

It was just a REIGN DELAY!!

TAL
Old 02-13-2010

Quote:
DUALS:

It was just a REIGN DELAY!!

TAL
Amusing. But it still doesn't ease the pain. Those Yankees.

? duals ?

Tal, Whilst a friend of mine who shares my birthday refers to me as his twin, there is only one of me. Try dauls NOT duals
Old 02-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default the big hurt retires

Frank Thomas called it a career
So after 19 yrs and 532 HR and i think around 2000 hits is he a hall of famer?

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 02-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Amusing. But it still doesn't ease the pain. Those Yankees.

? duals ?

Tal, Whilst a friend of mine who shares my birthday refers to me as his twin, there is only one of me. Try dauls NOT duals
DAULS:

Sorry, I've been transposing your name without a clue.

TAL
Old 02-13-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
Pretty good numbers but I don't think they are worthy of the Hall.
Old 02-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
I'm not sure how I would vote, but I am pretty sure the real voters will not select Frank Thomas.
Old 02-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Pretty good numbers but I don't think they are worthy of the Hall.
At one time hiting 500 HR was an automatic ticket to Copperstown, The only thing that would stop me from voting for him would be if it came out he was on roids

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 02-14-2010

Default 'Big Hurt'

Quote:
At one time hiting 500 HR was an automatic ticket to Copperstown, The only thing that would stop me from voting for him would be if it came out he was on roids

Jerseygirl Jen
Frank Thomas has been one of MLB's more vocal anti-steroids players over the past decade or so. I think pretty much everyone would be stunned if his name was to be tarnished by a roids scandal.

I always thought fans and reporters saw him as a definite future Hall of Famer, especially if he made it to 500 HR.

OK his career average fell approx. 20 points to .301 during the 'noughties', but that surely won't count against him when the voters see his name on the ballot.

His number is being retired by the White Sox in August. How many players with retired numbers have failed to become Hall of Famers?

Big Frank should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer.
Old 02-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
I would be shocked to hear his name being linked to steroids, but I guess stranger things have happened(such as A-Roid finally performing in the Playoffs...unfortunately).
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

For smc.

Click image to open a larger version of truckday.gif. Views: 6.
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SHADOW:

I listen to WFAN.com in NY and Mike Francesa (big NYY fan), and he says the top 3 teams are The Yankees, Sox & Phillies.

I realize you're a Jays fan, but if it came down to those 3 teams, who would you root for? At least, The Phillies have Doc to root for.

TAL
Old 02-16-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thanks. What makes it even funnier is that I've heard almost this exact conversation before.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
SHADOW:

I listen to WFAN.com in NY and Mike Francesa (big NYY fan), and he says the top 3 teams are The Yankees, Sox & Phillies.

I realize you're a Jays fan, but if it came down to those 3 teams, who would you root for? At least, The Phillies have Doc to root for.

TAL
Out of the three I would pick the Phillies. Not just due to them having Doc, but also for the fact that they are not divisional rivals to the Jays.
Old 02-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thanks. What makes it even funnier is that I've heard almost this exact conversation before.
No problem. Glad you liked it.