Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 11-14-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Glad the Flyers won :D But bummed that Tampa won
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-14-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Glad the Flyers won :D But bummed that Tampa won
Jerseygirl Jen
Due to it being a shootout victory, right?
Old 11-14-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Due to it being a shootout victory, right?
No i just hate Tampa be it the BUCS,RAYS,LIGHTING i just hate Tampabay sports teams and anyway no NHL team should be in the south to start with

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-14-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No i just hate Tampa be it the BUCS,RAYS,LIGHTING i just hate Tampabay sports teams and anyway no NHL team should be in the south to start with

Jerseygirl Jen
Jen you are so right on everything.

NHL teams shouldn't be allowed where snow doesn't lay on the ground for at least a couple months of the year. Hockey is a game that is played in cold climates.
Old 11-14-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
6. And last, and most certainly least, Chicago beat Toronto 3-2. Kessel got two goals(4 goals already!) for Toronto, but my taste for the game was sullied by the fact that "no glove" Toskala was in net. Well, I guess I can take solace in the fact that he didn't give up 7 goals like LA did.
I was wondering, shadows, has Harold Ballard come back to life and taken ownership of the Leafs again? He really hated to see the Leafs win and managed to destroy a great team.
Old 11-14-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Welcome to the forums!

They are playing very well this year(so far), but we should wait and see how they perform in the playoffs before we will know for sure. Even as a fan, you will probably agree that they have a habit of playing badly in the playoffs.
I don't blame anyone telling the Sharks: "We won't worry about you until the playoffs". For sure they deserve to hear that 1000 times. :-)

Nevertheless, we've retained or added to the offensive firepower from last year. We've also added grittiness, toughness, and intensity.

It rubs both directions. Our top lines are acting more gritty; fewer shots, but more checking and grinding. Our third and fourth line start trying to score. All four lines can score against anyone now.

On top of our game, we're hands down the best in the league. There's still occasional bonehead mistakes, and this magical dust that seems to come and go (as in all sports).

If the Sharks spend the rest of the regular season, not winning games, but learning how to be consistent, it's our year!

Old 11-14-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to behold
Default One more for the Flyers.

Nice to see a busy thread about what is unfortunately a minority sport in the UK.

Flyers fan since the '97-'98 season, the first season that channel Five (in UK) started showing live hockey. They pulled their coverage at the end of last season. But with no ESPN I've lost my hockey, even if it's on in the early hours of the morning.

Q:Why the Flyers? A: Eric Lindros and all the hype.
A student from Montreal moved into the flat next door to me about 15 years ago. He played hockey and always moaned that he couldn't watch NHL in the UK. He also said he'd played with Eric Lindros when he was younger - at the time Lindros was just about the only player apart from Wayne Gretzky I knew.
Eric Lindros was the big Philadelphia story I couldn't avoid when I was there in 1992. When it was eventually confirmed that he'd joined the Flyers, the Philadelphia media made it sound like the Flyers had signed 'the new Gretzky'. I suppose I now realise their joy in beating the Rangers to his signature.
When Five started showing hockey I picked the Flyers to catch Lindros. Was Lindros worth all the fuss? Clearly the Avalanche benefitted from the trade. Did it cost the Flyers a Cup? Oh, the ifs and maybes of sport.
Old 11-15-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I was wondering, shadows, has Harold Ballard come back to life and taken ownership of the Leafs again? He really hated to see the Leafs win and managed to destroy a great team.
ILA! Bite your tongue! Friday the 13th is over, and it is no time for tales of horror(of course, if anyone could rise from the dead and strike fear in hearts of hockey fans everywhere, it would be Ballard.)!

In all seriousness, I wonder sometimes.
Old 11-15-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
I don't blame anyone telling the Sharks: "We won't worry about you until the playoffs". For sure they deserve to hear that 1000 times. :-)

Nevertheless, we've retained or added to the offensive firepower from last year. We've also added grittiness, toughness, and intensity.

It rubs both directions. Our top lines are acting more gritty; fewer shots, but more checking and grinding. Our third and fourth line start trying to score. All four lines can score against anyone now.

On top of our game, we're hands down the best in the league. There's still occasional bonehead mistakes, and this magical dust that seems to come and go (as in all sports).

If the Sharks spend the rest of the regular season, not winning games, but learning how to be consistent, it's our year!

As much as it hurts for me to say it(as I do not have any respect for Heatley for what he did to Ottawa, and I'm not even an Ottawa fan!), but Heatley has changed that team for the better. He gives a huge offensive boost to an already offensively-heavy roster. One thing I wonder about is whether the layoff for the Olympics will slow down any of the hot teams?

And how about Dan Boyle? 22 points for a D-man! I'm glad I've got him in my pool. I think he will be able to keep up the pace all year and win the Norris(if he can keep his +/- respectable).
Old 11-15-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
Nice to see a busy thread about what is unfortunately a minority sport in the UK.

Flyers fan since the '97-'98 season, the first season that channel Five (in UK) started showing live hockey. They pulled their coverage at the end of last season. But with no ESPN I've lost my hockey, even if it's on in the early hours of the morning.

A student from Montreal moved into the flat next door to me about 15 years ago. He played hockey and always moaned that he couldn't watch NHL in the UK. He also said he'd played with Eric Lindros when he was younger - at the time Lindros was just about the only player apart from Wayne Gretzky I knew.
Eric Lindros was the big Philadelphia story I couldn't avoid when I was there in 1992. When it was eventually confirmed that he'd joined the Flyers, the Philadelphia media made it sound like the Flyers had signed 'the new Gretzky'. I suppose I now realise their joy in beating the Rangers to his signature.
When Five started showing hockey I picked the Flyers to catch Lindros. Was Lindros worth all the fuss? Clearly the Avalanche benefitted from the trade. Did it cost the Flyers a Cup? Oh, the ifs and maybes of sport.
Hello Tbone! Nice to see another face in the Hockey thread(well, other sports too, so if you have another sport you want to talk about, feel free!).
Old 11-15-2009
Dark Overlord

*invites Jen and Ila over for a pint so we can drown our sorrows*

*dauls can also come over but since his team actually won, he has to buy the booze*

Okay, here are the scores from last night. I won't post as much, as my relief ended up being late and I was at work 13 1/2 hours!

1. Rangers sqeaked by Ottawa 2-1 in the shootout. Not an auspicious start(due to the shootout) to my hockey report.

2. Calgary beat Toronto 5-2. I still think that Toskala spiked The Monster's Gatorate with Ex-Lax.

3. New Jersey beat Washington 5-2(after being down 2-0). Dauls, I like Rickard's Red so please bring over some when you come by.

4. Buffalo beat Philadelphia 3-2. Jen, I feel your pain. Dauls needs to know what kind of booze you would like.

5. Florida beat the Islanders 5-4 in the shootout. Meh.

6. Detroit kicked Anaheim's ass 7-4. Zetterberg got 3 goals and 2 assists! They are on fire right now, but Osgood(who is rarely "good") has not played in net for a while. Hence, the winning streak.

7. Pittsburgh beat Boston 6-5 in overtime. Malkin got 3 assists. No big surprise that the Pens missed him.

8. LA beat Tampa Bay 2-1 in the shootout. Well, Jen may be happy and sad about this one. On one hand Tampa Bay lost, but on the other it was in a shootout!

9. San Jose beat St. Louis 3-1. San Jose did not get a lot of shots on net, but they made them count.

10. Ila, Dauls needs to know your brand of booze as well. Montreal lost 2-0. They only managed 20 shots on net, but Price was amazing! He made 53 saves and he was the only reason it was even a close game.

11. Phoenix beat Dallas 3-2. Good. I have Bryzgalov in my pool!

12. Vancouver crushed Colorado 8-2! Henrik Sedin had 3 goals in that one. Wow. I was surprised by that score for sure!

Well, another report done. I hope everyone has as much fun reading it as I had writing it. Have a nice day everyone!
Old 11-15-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:

*dauls can also come over but since his team actually won, he has to buy the booze*
10. Ila, Dauls needs to know your brand of booze as well. Montreal lost 2-0. They only managed 20 shots on net, but Price was amazing! He made 53 saves and he was the only reason it was even a close game.
Yea, Price is amazing. Unfortunately it takes more than a goalie to win the game. The forwards have to do their job too and they just weren't doing it last night.

As for my drink of choice, I need an Erdinger Dunkeles Weissbier and in a half litre size none of this wimpy North American 1/3 litre bottles. Failing that I'll settle for a Canadian or a Kokanee.
Old 11-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
And to think we lost a damn good up and coming player at the rime Peter Frosberg for Lindros But on the plus side he packed em in at the home games and the team racked up hugh jersey sales in the end i wouldn't say they got burned as he had a some what decent career but he'c no hall of famer
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

4. Buffalo beat Philadelphia 3-2. Jen, I feel your pain. Dauls needs to know what kind of booze you would like.

8. LA beat Tampa Bay 2-1 in the shootout. Well, Jen may be happy and sad about this one. On one hand Tampa Bay lost, but on the other it was in a shootout!

At least it wasn't a total bummer as Tampa lost also, As for my drink of choice well i'm not much of a drinker so it'll depend on where we meet for the drink, If it's my neck of the woods i'll have a BUD ICE if it's up in yours then i'll try a LABATS i thubk thats the beers label i know i messed that spelling up sorry

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 11-16-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
At least it wasn't a total bummer as Tampa lost also, As for my drink of choice well i'm not much of a drinker so it'll depend on where we meet for the drink, If it's my neck of the woods i'll have a BUD ICE if it's up in yours then i'll try a LABATS i thubk thats the beers label i know i messed that spelling up sorry

Jerseygirl Jen
No matter if you aren't much of a drinker, Jennifer. It is the company of friends that is more important than the drinks. We could also have a wide variety of sodas and fruit punches available as well.

And don't worry too much about the spelling of Labatt. None of us are perfect, after all.

I will say, in all seriousness, that it would be cool to someday meet the bunch of you(Jen, Ila, dauls, rockabilly and anyone else for that matter) for a Meetup.

I actually had a Meetup last year with a group of people from another forum that I frequent. It was pretty cool. Out of the four of us, three of us were from Ontario(Canada) and the other was from New York(he is actually the owner of said site). He was a really nice host and he paid for all of our meals regardless of our protestations(and he totally blew the New York stereotype out of the water! He was a really nice guy.)

I've also had a couple of other meetups from the now-defunct forum Spacecast.com(a forum from the Canadian television station called Space: The Imagination Station). We all attended a Convention called TorontoTrek(but is now called Polaris) and usually went out for supper to chat. Lots of fun, but can be expensive after getting all the autographed pictures and whatnot(personal favourite was a photo taken with Christopher Judge aka Teal'c from SG1 where he wrote "Jaffa Kree!" on it. One of the nicest guys I have ever met. Totally humble and a great sense of humour. Not your typical celebrity at all!

It is something that rarely happens(since the online world offers so much anonymity), but it is nice when it happens.

Anyhoo, sorry for the MASSIVE derailment of the topic fellow sports fans!
Old 11-16-2009
Dark Overlord

Okay. Now on to the roundup of last night's games. One HUGE surprise, and one suprise of the smaller variety. Here we go!

1. Carolina beat Minnesota 5-4 in the shootout. This definitely counts as a huge surprise as they had a 14 game losing streak!

2. Atlanta beat Edmonton 3-2. Kovalchuk has been on a torrid point streak since coming back from injury. Edmonton has been playing quite poorly after that hot start to the season they had.

3. In a mild surprise(since San Jose has been so good this year) Chicago beat San Jose 4-3 in overtime. Chicago now has won 4 in a row.

Well, tonight is the big game! New Jersey VS Philadelphia. Who will win? Jerseygirl Jen and dauls have a lot riding on this game! Bragging rights for the night(and following day!), so the stakes will be high! One fan will go home happy and the other one will take solace in a Happy Meal! Who...will...it...be?(it certainly won't be ME since my team sucks so bad)

I have a feeling that Philly is gonna pull this one out. 2-1 Philly win.
Old 11-16-2009
Shecock obsessed

The only live NHL game that I can find listed for tonight is Edmonton at Columbus on Sports Net West. But then I don't get the NHL pay channels and I haven't checked to see what they are showing.
Old 11-16-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The only live NHL game that I can find listed for tonight is Edmonton at Columbus on Sports Net West. But then I don't get the NHL pay channels and I haven't checked to see what they are showing.
I just checked and it looks like the Flyers/Devils game will be on TSN2. Unfortunately I just have regular TSN. I believe TSN2 is part of a package and I just have basic cable(good enough for me as I rarely watch television, I just use it to watch DVDs). A shame, as I think that would be a good game to watch.

Just to add, TSN has the NFL game Cleveland Browns vs Baltimore Ravens. Wow. With the Cleveland Browns being such a crappy team this year(and thus, the ratings will probably be horrible) do you think they wish they could have a do-over(or mulligan)? LOL!

Last edited by shadows; 11-16-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I just checked and it looks like the Flyers/Devils game will be on TSN2. Unfortunately I just have regular TSN. I believe TSN2 is part of a package and I just have basic cable(good enough for me as I rarely watch television, I just use it to watch DVDs). A shame, as I think that would be a good game to watch.
I was just rechecking the listings and I found the Flyers/Devils game listed on TSN2. I get that channel. I'm not going to watch the game, but I will check on it periodically.
Old 11-16-2009
Dark Overlord

All of the games are now finals except Tampa/Phoenix.

1. The Islanders beat Boston 4-1. I would have considered it an upset in the beginning of the season, but Boston has played poorly this year and the Islanders have shown to be quite competitive in a lot of their games.

2. Philadelphia beat New Jersey 3-2. Close game! I am sure it didn't help the Devil's to have all that extra pressure to tie the record for most road wins in a row to start a season.

3. Columbus beat Edmonton 3-2 in the shootout. Oh, how Edmonton has fallen since the start of the season. And Mason wasn't even in net for Columbus!

4. Pittsburgh beat Anaheim 5-2. Malkin didn't get a point, but the Pens got 5 goals(11 goals in 2 games now!). You can tell how important he is to this team since they got shut out 2 games in a row while he was out.

5. LA beat Florida 4-3 in the shootout. Meh, I say. Meh.

Tampa Bay leads Phoenix 3-1 after 2 periods of play.

Any thoughts on tonight's games?
Old 11-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

All i can say is HAPPY DANCE oh yeah
Jerserygirl Jen
Old 11-17-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
All i can say is HAPPY DANCE oh yeah
Jerserygirl Jen
You'll have to show us, Jen.:D

Is it anything like when Snoopy gets all happy and does the Snoopy dance?
Old 11-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to beholdTbone is a splendid one to behold
Default Flyers win.

Quote:
2. Philadelphia beat New Jersey 3-2. Close game! I am sure it didn't help the Devil's to have all that extra pressure to tie the record for most road wins in a row to start a season.

Any thoughts on tonight's games?
Great win for the Flyers last night. Game wasn't on TV in the UK last night, they never show the ones I want to see.

Its the result I wanted but not the one I expected, the Devils' 8 game win streak was looking a formidable, who knew the Flyers would turn in such a good performance.
Old 11-17-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Great win for the Flyers last night. Game wasn't on TV in the UK last night, they never show the ones I want to see.

Its the result I wanted but not the one I expected, the Devils' 8 game win streak was looking a formidable, who knew the Flyers would turn in such a good performance.
It sounds like you and dauls are from the same neck of the woods. Though it sounds like you are both on opposite spectrums with regards to who you root for in the NHL.:D
Old 11-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
who knew the Flyers would turn in such a good performance.
Ummnn i did

Flyers fan Jen
Old 11-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You'll have to show us, Jen.:D

Is it anything like when Snoopy gets all happy and does the Snoopy dance?
Yeah kinda

Flyers fan Jen
Old 11-18-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yeah kinda

Flyers fan Jen
That would be a wonderful sight to behold!

And I see you are at 999 posts. Waiting for a particular topic for the big 1000?:D
Old 11-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Afew days ago someone brought up how back in 92 all the buzz in Phillie was a certain player the Flyers put all there hopes in one ERIC LINDROS who never lived up to the hype nor got the Flyers a STANLEY CUP but i did dig up his 92 topps hockey card
Flyers fan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 12-04-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Afew days ago someone brought up how back in 92 all the buzz in Phillie was a certain player the Flyers put all there hopes in one ERIC LINDROS who never lived up to the hype nor got the Flyers a STANLEY CUP but i did dig up his 92 topps hockey card
Flyers fan Jen
JEN:

His play was head-on, and he changed his style after one of his latter concussions. It was a good plan, like AI for the 76ers, and McNabb for The Iggles. They all got to the final game or series, while The Phillies got there twice in a row, won one, and there was no one marquee player. It's a plan with most plans not finishing first, which would be 4 teams out of 122 teams or a 3.3% chance.

TAL
Old 11-19-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores for the November 18th games.

1. Florida smoked Buffalo 6-2. I will admit that I am quite surprised at this score. Normally Buffalo is a good defensive team, and to give up 6 goals to Florida is a shocker.

2. Dallas beat Detroit 3-1. It looks like Detroit got dragged back down to reality after their recent hot streak.

3. Phoenix beat Minnesota 3-2. Good. Bryzgalov is in my pool! Yay!

4. Edmonton beat Colorado 6-4. Colorado has been really shaky that past few games. Is this a sign of things to come? It also looks like they've lost Ryan Smyth for a month due to injury. Not a good thing for them.

(And saving the best for last! Well, for this night anyhow.)

5. Philadelphia beat LA 3-2. Good game, and they had their backup in. Emery has logged a lot of time this year, and he deserved a break. Also, congratulations on 1000 posts Jennifer!
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

purplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the rough

Holy Hockeytown, Batman!

A "Sunbelt" team beat an "Original Six" team and in their own barn, no less!

Dallas wins at the Joe, 3-1!
Old 11-19-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehead View Post
Holy Hockeytown, Batman!

A "Sunbelt" team beat an "Original Six" team and in their own barn, no less!

Dallas wins at the Joe, 3-1!
A big Dallas fan, are you?
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

purplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the roughpurplehead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
A big Dallas fan, are you?
I keep an eye on them.
Old 11-19-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehead View Post
I keep an eye on them.
Good enough for me. Welcome to the Hockey thread.
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Flyers fan Jen
That someone was me. Funny to see the early hockey card, but why do they always choose the "look who we've just signed" picture? They look daft wearing a shirt and tie under the team jersey.

I suppose it's a step up from a mugshot photo being used. Has a mugshot ever been used on a sports card? That would have to make it a collectable.
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That someone was me. Funny to see the early hockey card, but why do they always choose the "look who we've just signed" picture? They look daft wearing a shirt and tie under the team jersey.

I suppose it's a step up from a mugshot photo being used. Has a mugshot ever been used on a sports card? That would have to make it a collectable.
Back in the late 80s and early 90s rookie cards was the big thing and all the card companies were trying to be the first to release the first card so most of the time they used photos from draft day as preseason was months away, On a side note the 92 topps hockey card set was supposed to be 528 cards and the Lindros card is number 529 and was not orinigaly part of the set and was a last minute addtion to the set and back in 92 it was a $25 card at card shows in the NEW JERSEY/SOUTH PHILLIE area
Flyers fan Jen
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Back in the late 80s and early 90s rookie cards was the big thing and all the card companies were trying to be the first to release the first card so most of the time they used photos from draft day as preseason was months away, On a side note the 92 topps hockey card set was supposed to be 528 cards and the Lindros card is number 529 and was not orinigaly part of the set and was a last minute addtion to the set and back in 92 it was a $25 card at card shows in the NEW JERSEY/SOUTH PHILLIE area
Flyers fan Jen
And today your Eric Lindros 1992 topps hockey card (mint condition I expect) is worth?

What card is your prized possession?
Old 11-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
And today your Eric Lindros 1992 topps hockey card (mint condition I expect) is worth?

What card is your prized possession?
Today i dout it goes for a dollar, As for prized card well i haven't collected hockey cards since around 94 or 95
Flyerfan Jen
Old 11-19-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Today i dout it goes for a dollar, As for prized card well i haven't collected hockey cards since around 94 or 95
Flyerfan Jen
I've got an Upper Deck John Olerud rookie card. He was a Blue Jays first baseman(baseball for anyone that doesn't follow the sport).
Old 11-20-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from last night's games.

1. Carolina beat Toronto 6-5 in the shootout. Heck, it was the shootout so I knew they were going to lose. Toronto had a 3-0 lead at one point and they couldn't hold it? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

2. Boston beat Atlanta 4-3 in the shootout. Another shootout. Bleh!

3. Ottawa beat Pittsburgh 6-2. Pittsburgh has been giving up a lot of goals lately!

4. St. Louis beat Phoenix 3-2. Darn it! I need points!

5. Nashville beat New Jersey 3-2 in the shootout. I was surprised about that! Nashville has been playing well lately, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. The shootout still sucks, though.

6. Columbus beat Dallas 4-1. Lots of PP goals in that one. Purplehead didn't like that final too much I would imagine.

7. Chicago kicked Calgary's ass 7-1! What more needs to be said?

8. Anaheim beat Tampa Bay 4-3. With Philadelphia not playing last night, this at least gave Jennifer something to cheer about(well, that and her Twiki score!).
Old 11-21-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sharks v. Philly

Because of the Anaheim playoff loss last season (on top of the bad blood), the Sharks love to beat Pronger. Philly hasn't beaten San Jose since 2000! We don't play them much of course, but ouch. That's a tough stat.

Tonight was a pretty tight game. Momentum back and forth. Some ugly stuff, but some really beautiful goals. If you can see the two Thornton to Heatley goals, you should. He waits FOREVER to pass it. Everyone is screaming SHOOT, and Jumbo waits it out, threading an insane needle to Heater. Bang.

Thornton 4 assists to resume leadership in the assist race in the league.
Heatley scores short-handed, even, and on the power play to go atop goal scorers in the league. He also leads in power plays.
Sharks get 60pct faceoffs.
ME Vlasic gets his first fighting major. A real accomplishment.

Perhaps a controversial statement, but I see a lot of strength in the west this year. The east has some streaky teams, but noone really stands out to me as threatening. There's not a huge difference of course, and you're not getting a night off against anyone, but after game after game against them, I'd rather play the eastern teams than Chicago or Detroit....
Old 11-21-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Do you mean little ol me? Hey Tampa lost so everything is cool

Flyers fan Jen
*tiptoes around so as not to anger Jen due to Philly losing last night*

Here are the scores from last night's games.

1. Montreal beat Washington 3-2. Two people will be particularly happy about that score. Ila for Montreal winning and Jennifer for Washington losing.

2. Boston beat Buffalo 2-1 in overtime. Rask was in net(didn't he used to belong to the Leafs? Too bad we don't have him still as he is pretty good) for the third straight game. It looks like Thomas may be nursing an injury.

3. Florida beat Detroit 2-1 in (you guessed it) overtime. After the mini-streak that Detroit had where they were scoring goals like mad, they are now struggling to score goals(of course, having goals that should have counted get taken away doesn't help).

4. Minnesota beat the Islanders 3-2. Havlat did not play due to a "lower body injury". Wow. Big surprise there. NOT!

5. Vancouver beat Colorado 5-2. Colorado had a 2-0 lead after the first period, but they could not hold on. They are not playing well right now.

6. *whispers vewy, vewy qwuietly* Shhhhhh! I'm hunting wabbits...er, I mean San Jose beat Philadelphia 6-3. Too much firepower for Philly to handle this night, I guess. Thornton had 4 assists and Heatley had a hat-trick.

Please don't punish me for posting the bad news Going-For-My-Jugular Jen!
Old 11-21-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
....Here are the scores from last night's games.

1. Montreal beat Washington 3-2. Two people will be particularly happy about that score. Ila for Montreal winning and Jennifer for Washington losing.
Yep, I'm happy.

It looks like Jen and I have more in common than just this result.

I really hate shootouts. I prefer Philadelphia over both New Jersey and Pittsburgh and I really don't like Washington at all. Go Philadelphia (just don't beat Montreal).
Old 11-22-2009
Dark Overlord

Thank you dauls.

Who would have guessed, looking at all the games that would be playing last night, that out of dauls, Jen, Ila, and myself that I would be the only one happy with the outcome of a game. I certainly didn't expect it.

Here are the scores! Lots of 'em, but too many shootouts!

1. Calgary beat LA 5-2. Iginla got a hat trick and Calgary looks to have bounced back from their last game where they lost 7-1.

2. *does happy dance* Toronto beat Washington 2-1 in the shootout. Two things that surprised me the most about this score. The first being "glove side" Toskala winning in the shootout, and Toronto winning a game afterregulation time was over(first time this season!). Dauls, I don't think that they will be making the playoffs, but I hope they at least don't end up giving Boston their Lottery Pick!

3. Detroit beat Montreal 3-2 in the shootout. They just had to rub it in, eh Ila? It was bad enough to lose to Detroit(those bastids!), but to do it in a shootout. I imagine your anger is fierce.

4. Ottawa beat Buffalo 5-3. Ottawa is playing well right now, but they may have lost their #1 goalie(Leclaire) to injury.

5. Florida beat the Rangers 3-2. Florida is playing quite well right now.

6. Carolina beat Tampa Bay 3-1(which will make Jen feel a little bit better I am sure). Carolina has played better recently, a sign of things to come?

7. Pittsburgh beat Atlanta 3-2. An interesting thing to note is that Atlanta scored both goals shorthanded during the same Pittsburgh PP(Kovalchuk got a HUGE penalty).

8. St. Louis beat the Islanders 4-1. Both NY teams lost.

9. Nashville beat Columbus 4-3 in the shootout. Enough with the darned shootouts already! Nashville has been playing quite well recently.

10. Dallas beat New Jersey 5-3. Dauls, at least you can take solace in the fact that it was mainly due to your backup goalie having a bad night. Purplehead should be pleased with the final score, though.

11. Phoenix beat Philadelphia 3-1. While I am glad that Bryzgalov got me 2 points for the win, I just wish that it wasn't at the expense of the Flyers. Sorry Jen!

12. Chicago beat Edmonton 5-2. A tale of two teams going in the opposite directions it seems.

13. San Jose beat Anaheim 3-2. Darn it, Heatley got another!

And that concludes our broadcast. Please stand by for a word from our sponsor.
Old 11-22-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
3. Detroit beat Montreal 3-2 in the shootout. They just had to rub it in, eh Ila? It was bad enough to lose to Detroit(those bastids!), but to do it in a shootout. I imagine your anger is fierce.
When there was just minutes to go in the third period and the score was tied I just knew that they would end up in a shootout. @#&% shootouts

I will say though that there was some good hockey played in the second and third periods. Montreal just kept forgetting that they had to shoot the puck at Detroit's net when they got into Detroit's end.
Old 11-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Yes, that was a bummer seeing Montreal lose in a shootout. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the end of the game because my spouse was being a television hog.
Old 11-23-2009
Dark Overlord

Ila, even though I know you are a Montreal fan and could be biased(but I don't think you are), what is your opinion on the George Larroque(sp?) hit on Kronwall that took him out for 4-8 weeks. Do you think it was deliberate or just a accident like he says? I have not seen the hit so I cannot pass judgement.
Old 11-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ila, even though I know you are a Montreal fan and could be biased(but I don't think you are), what is your opinion on the George Larroque(sp?) hit on Kronwall that took him out for 4-8 weeks. Do you think it was deliberate or just a accident like he says? I have not seen the hit so I cannot pass judgement.
Sorry, I didn't see the hit either. In fact I didn't even see it on any sports reports on tv.
Old 11-23-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see the hit either. In fact I didn't even see it on any sports reports on tv.
He was supposed to have a meeting with Campbell today, so I will post the outcome here when I find out.
Old 11-23-2009
Dark Overlord

Laraque got a 5 game suspension, Ila.