Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Sheesh, you folks are too smart even for this college boy. But this is surely a good thing. Brains before beauty people!
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Default Metric system vs. Pounds and Feet

The metric system, so neat and clean, increasing in multiples of ten, is the most scientific system of measurement. It was devised in 18th century France by scientists like Lavoisier (my favourite) under the rule of Louis 16.

Length: mm, cm, dm, meter, deca, hecto, kilometer
Mass: Grams... ... Kilograms
Temperature: Celsius.

Compare that with Pound-oz, inch-feet-yards, fathoms, furlongs, miles, leagues, fahrenheit system, with no head or tail, no co-ordination or interrelation!!! Just wondering, I mean no offence to anyone.

Water boils at 100 degree Celsius and freezes at zero degree. Neat!
The Triple point of water is 0.01°C.

Now, water boils at 212°Fahrenheit and freezes at 32!!! Triple point of water is 32.018 °F.

One cubic centimeter of water has a volume of 1 milli-liter, so 1000 cc = 1 L. Neat and clean, no confusion!

1 ounce= 16 drams = 480 grains = 1/12 pound
1 gallon = 231 cubic inches!
1 pint = 28.875 cubic inches. Bring me the calculator!

1 mile = 1760 yards = 5280 ft = 63360 inches. Wow!
1 Km = 1000 m = 100,000 cm. Smooth!
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAnna Kornikova
And why would the greeks use the vedic names for numbers but not the decimal system itself? Major logic failure!

Think before you speak boyo.
Without the concept of zero, invented in India, there would be no decimal system, Girlie!
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

WTF? Way to go off on a tangent.

Avoirdupois weights are far more complex than you imagine btw. You can blame the French for them too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoirdupois

And as for the concept of Zero, sorry but what the fuck does that have to do with your faulty logic? Your shit still makes no sense.

Also, zero is not exactly an amazing discovery, it's not like every culture in the world had zero. Oh wait, they did. You don't get the importance of zero in the decimal system, it's not the role of zero as a number, but of the numeral zero's use as a positional digit that enables the decimal system. Although the use of zero in not actually essential, the use of any positional digit works the same.

Anyway, your logic is still faulty.

<Seseme logic>
Oh lets see, zero was first written in South America by the Olmecs, therefore the Indians must have copied them, all zero's everywhere originate from the Olmecs.
</>
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
Stone artifacts in Ethiopia date from 2.6 million years ago
Can you show us some pictures or post links?
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
Stone artifacts in Ethiopia date from 2.6 million years ago
Stone Artifacts, eh? It sounds fishy!!

The earliest human bones have been found in Tianyuan Cave, near Beijing, China.

Its 42000 years old, belonging to a fully developed Homo sepiens.
By the "Out of Africa" theory, Homo sapiens originated in E. Africa and then spread out across the globe about 70,000 years ago.
The first Homo neanderthalensis or Neanderthals were from Europe and Central Asia and lived around 500,000 years ago. The earliest humanoid species Homo habilis lived in Africa around 2.2 million years ago. But they moved on all fours! Apes basically. Homo erectus 2 million years ago existed in Africa, Eurasia, Java, they first stood on two feet. We only have fossils belonging to these 2 earliest species from around 2 million years ago.

Now, Anna, my clever friend, how can you get 2.6 million years old stone ARTIFACTS? Are you inventing them? Or did the aliens present you with the alleged artifacts?

Link

Last edited by sesame; 08-30-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Can you show us some pictures or post links?
Lol, stumped you there eh?

Semaw, S., M. J. Rogers, J. Quade, P. R. Renne, R. F. Butler, M. Domínguez-Rodrigo, D. Stout, W. S. Hart, T. Pickering, and S. W. Simpson. 2003. 2.6-Million-year-old stone tools and associated bones from OGS-6 and OGS-7, Gona, Afar, Ethiopia. Journal of Human Evolution 45:169-177.

I don't have any pictures of the particular finds, but I can tell you the tools were Oldowan, which consist of Awls, Unifacial and Bifacial choppers, Burins (used for engraving) and Scrapers.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Stone Artifacts, eh? It sounds fishy!!

The earliest human bones have been found in Tianyuan Cave, near Beijing, China.

Its 42000 years old, belonging to a fully developed Homo sepiens.
By the "Out of Africa" theory, Homo sapiens originated in E. Africa and then spread out across the globe about 70,000 years ago.
The first Homo neanderthalensis or Neanderthals were from Europe and Central Asia and lived around 500,000 years ago. The earliest humanoid species Homo habilis lived in Africa around 2.2 million years ago. But they moved on all fours! Apes basically. Homo erectus 2 million years ago existed in Africa, Eurasia, Java, they first stood on two feet. We only have fossils belonging to these 2 earliest species from around 2 million years ago.

Now, Anna, my clever friend, how can you get 2.6 million years old stone ARTIFACTS? Are you inventing them? Or did the aliens present you with the alleged artifacts?

Link
Australopithecus, Paranthropus and Homo Habilis were all know to use Oldowan tools. The first 2 were around before 2.6 million years ago, Homo Habilis apeared 2.2 million years ago so was late to the Oldowan party.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Pliocene 2.6 mill humanoid tools
I got it. Thank you Anna, honestly.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Pliocene 2.6 mill humanoid tools
I got it. Thank you Anna, honestly.
There you go. Follow my wisdom grasshopper.
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

There she goes again, boasting bush baby!
Old 08-31-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fire and gunpowder was invented in China.
Fire was invented in China. You can't be serious Sesame.
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Fire was invented in China. You can't be serious Sesame.
Lol, I missed that one, I think Seseme is trying to replace the out of Africa Theory with out of Asia. lol.
Old 08-31-2008
Communicator

Mel Asher is infamous around these partsMel Asher is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Well, Pundit and Guru are actually Sanskrit words, but I guess they got into the English vocabulary from the Hindi dialect during the British Raj in India.
Other words are:

avatar: meaning the incarnations of God on earth.
karma: means both good and bad actions in Sanskrit; but in the West, only the bad deeds are taken for the word Karma.
Guru: means spiritual master, teacher, initiator. Gu= darkness, Ru= Light. He who takes us from darkness to light is the Guru.
Desi: local, grown in the state.
Charisma: Urdu word. Meaning~ Miracle.
Baba: father, papa, dad. Sometimes refers to a holyman.
Yoga: Sanskrit. Means connection, way. Commonly people think of Hatha-Yoga postures by this word, but it really refers to the connection between man and God.
Lemon: "Nimbu" Early Sanskrit means Lemon and Lime. People of Bengal still call it Lebu. L substitutes N. Arabic = Limun, Persian=Limou.
Mantra: powerful words for chanting. Sanskrit. Mana+Tra. Mana=mind, Tra=trana=to free. The thought of which frees our mind.
Mind: Mana, Manas. Sanskrit.
Nirvana: Sanskrit. Ultimate Freedom. Extinguish.
Three: Vedic Sanskrit. Tri. Means 3. Like Gayatri, Triveda, trishula.
Diva: Divya, Sanskrit. Meaning of Godly source. Deva= god, Devi =goddess.
Navy: Nauka, Nau. Ancient Indian*. Sanskrit. means a boat. That which floats in water. Or Navik= an experienced sailor or navigator.
A veritable plethora of linguistic equivalence examples, Sesame. As such it quite definitely puts the modest selection you originally requested from me firmly into the shade. Heigh-ho ! But it's still all you're going to get from me off-the-cuff ! !

Meantime, as etymological interest still seems to show a few signs of life in this thread, here's a little palindrome from Ancient Greece to keep your appetite sharp ! I haven't bothered to include the accenting it doesn't really affect the meaning of the words. No doubt you will tease out the translation as it's not too obscure :

niyonnomhma mh monon yin ( could even make a good advert for detergent perhaps ! )
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
As an aside that is completely irrelevant to this discussion...Is Sanskrit difficult to learn? It is a language that I feel that I should learn, but I am SO not motivated when it comes to foreign languages (particularly ones of antiquity), that I don't even know where to start. There is no such thing as "a class" about Sanskrit where I am from, so where would an initiate start?
Goddamit, I want answers!!!
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Anna, the Vedic concept of zero is generally attributed to Indian culture, as the concept is much larger than just fulfilling the role of a place holder, and here is perhaps why India is historically given credit for the development as opposed to other cultures. "Zero" functions as an obvious place-holder in our own base-ten numerical system of mathematics, but if we used a different base of numerology, the concept would lose significance. In fact, the idea of a place-holder is entirely theoretical, as a system of numerology could in fact have a hypothetical infinite number of symbols to represent each place of standing within said numerology.

As the Vedic conception stands, "zero" functions as MUCH more than just a place-holder, but a concept for the idea of "nothing" as can result from mathematical computations. At the broadest interpretation, zero is akin to the mythical conception of "Om," or a certain understanding of unity with the divine. More importantly, it puts the entire concept of numerology in a linear fashion whereby which numerology can be expressed as both positive and negative functions of values, whereby "zero" functions as a balancing point at the pendulum of this scale. This is a RADICAL way of thinking about numbers, if you can step outside of our current conception and look at the historical development of mathematics.
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

As to fire being "invented" (or more appropriately, "developed") in China, I would disagree with this larger premise, but I would suggest that Sesame chose a poor choice of words to express a larger concept. I suspect he meant to imply that "fire" was akin to "fireworks," or an artistry of using fire and flammable materials. I'll let him clarify his own position, but if this broader definition is applied, I most hardily agree, as our classical notion of "fireworks" is almost universally credited to the region of China.

For that matter, I don't think that Sesame necessarily espouses a Indo-centric perspective of human development, but I think that he attempts to counter the rather obvious Euro-centric view that has come to dominate MUCH of academia. Contemporary studies have done much to discredit the Euro-centric view, and this is admirable, but we still have MUCH to learn. The West still has much to embrace that came from the East, or farther. Even with our best hypotheses of how the "New World" came to be settled, it is our Mayan ancestors that developed perhaps the single best calendar in the history of mankind. Their calendar is more accurate (down to tenths or hundredths of a second) than our own Gregorian means of keeping time. This makes you really ponder what we consider "primitive" culture???
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Zero

Mathematics is nothing without zero or the decimal calculating system. Anna is trying her best to undermine this fact. But argument without the courage to admit when a truth is arrived at, is not worth carrying on.

GRH, its easy to learn Sanskrit. Buy a Gita with the meaning analyzed underneath each line, word for word. This way you will see that several words are coming again and again, and some are just parts of speech. I learnt Sanskrit this way. Then you can know for yourself what is being said. Later on, learn some elementary Sanskrit grammer. Its quite easy. But dont expect to understand the Vedic hymns with such knowledge. The early Vedas are not really in Sanskrit. Its an ancient form which is very complex. When I tried to read it the first time, I felt that my teeth will fall off and my tongue will form a knot! Some letters have become extinct, their pronounciation vanished from known memory. Such is also the case with the rhythm, Vedic chhanda. Its extinct too... some obscure himalayan tribes and the South Indian Pundits are aware of a few.

Last edited by sesame; 08-31-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Marine_N41_432 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The theory is that there was a migration from Asia to the Americas across a land bridge where the Bering Sea is now. I don't know whether it could be classified as an epic migration or just a migration of small groups over a long period of time. In my mind an epic migration would be the movement of a large group of people over a long distance in a short space of time. I don't know if the populating of the Americas was done in this fashion or not.

The alternate to the migration theory is from the Natives themselves which say that they were always in the Americas and did not migrate here from anywhere else.
Ther's some recent archaelogical eveidence of neolithic North American settlements which tends to support the second idea, but the first still holds good because of the geological evidence and the fact that North & South American Indians have certain Mongoloid features. It is also said that Tupac indians have a language with many features in common with Chinese, but this might just be fanciful thinking or some pushy academic trying to make a name for himself !
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Zero

Mathematics is nothing without zero or the decimal calculating system. Anna is trying her best to undermine this fact. But argument without the courage to admit when a truth is arrived at, is not worth carrying on.

GRH, its easy to learn Sanskrit. Buy a Gita with the meaning analyzed underneath each line, word for word. This way you will see that several words are coming again and again, and some are just parts of speech. I learnt Sanskrit this way. Then you can know for yourself what is being said. Later on, learn some elementary Sanskrit grammer. Its quite easy. But dont expect to understand the Vedic hymns with such knowledge. The early Vedas are not really in Sanskrit. Its an ancient form which is very complex. When I tried to read it the first time, I felt that my teeth will fall off and my tongue will form a knot! Some letters have become extinct, their pronounciation vanished from known memory. Such is also the case with the rhythm, Vedic chhanda. Its extinct too... some obscure himalayan tribes and the South Indian Pundits are aware of a few.
Old 09-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Language of Jesus

In which Language did Jesus Christ speak to his fellow men?

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachtani (Its the real thing )
Noli me tangere (its only a Latin translation )
  1. Hebrew
  2. Aramaic
  3. Greek
  4. Latin
  5. French
  6. German
  7. English
  8. Arabic

Below is Titian's painting named "Noli Me Tangere".
Attached Thumbnails
noli_me_tangere.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In which Language did Jesus Christ speak to his fellow men?

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachtani (Its the real thing )
Noli me tangere (its only a Latin translation )
  1. Hebrew
  2. Aramaic
  3. Greek
  4. Latin
  5. French
  6. German
  7. English
  8. Arabic
Aramaic.

Okay Sesame next question and this time try to make it challenging.
Old 09-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila
Aramaic.

Okay Sesame next question and this time try to make it challenging.
Ok, Ila, your wish is my command.

What is Aramaic?
Old 09-03-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
Anna, the Vedic concept of zero is generally attributed to Indian culture, as the concept is much larger than just fulfilling the role of a place holder, and here is perhaps why India is historically given credit for the development as opposed to other cultures. "Zero" functions as an obvious place-holder in our own base-ten numerical system of mathematics, but if we used a different base of numerology, the concept would lose significance. In fact, the idea of a place-holder is entirely theoretical, as a system of numerology could in fact have a hypothetical infinite number of symbols to represent each place of standing within said numerology.

As the Vedic conception stands, "zero" functions as MUCH more than just a place-holder, but a concept for the idea of "nothing" as can result from mathematical computations. At the broadest interpretation, zero is akin to the mythical conception of "Om," or a certain understanding of unity with the divine. More importantly, it puts the entire concept of numerology in a linear fashion whereby which numerology can be expressed as both positive and negative functions of values, whereby "zero" functions as a balancing point at the pendulum of this scale. This is a RADICAL way of thinking about numbers, if you can step outside of our current conception and look at the historical development of mathematics.
Your two main points:

Vedic zero was the first concept of nothing invented. WRONG!
Zero only has meaning in base ten. WRONG!

Also, negative numbers were invented in Hellenistic Egypt, so this whole balance of negative and positive around zero didn't exist when it was invented by the Indians.

Sorry, but whats all this about numerology? I thought we were talking abut mathematics here.
Old 08-22-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ok, Ila, your wish is my command.

What is Aramaic?
Okay, sesame it's time to revive this thread.

Aramaic is a Semitic language that was thought to be the language that Jesus spoke. Aramaic belongs to the Canaanite languages which is includes Hebrew and Arabic. It is still spoken by small groups of Christians, Jews, and Arabs in the Middle East. If I'm not mistaken the alphabet used in Aramaic is the forerunner of the Hebrew alphabet.

This information is easily verifiable if one does an internet search. I did not however, do a search for any of this information. What I wrote is all from knowledge I have picked up over the years as well as my travels in the Middle East.

Now, sesame I asked you to challenge me. Ask me something that I will at least have to do a search on.

While you are trying to think of something I have several questions for you.

1. How many languages are in common use in the country of China (dialects excluded)?

2. What is the main language of China?

3. How did the main language of China become the main language?

4. How much influence did the Mongol language of Ghengis Khan have on the Chinese languages?

I look forward to your report, sesame. (BTW I don't know the answers to any of the questions that I posed)
Old 08-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

الدكتور العراقي is on a distinguished road

مرحبا بكم جميعا

hi every body

اتمنى ان تكونوا بخير

I wish that you are fine

لغتي الام هي العربية

my native language is arabic

كما اني اتكلم الانكليزية

also , i can speak english

@@@@@@@@@@@@

What is Aramaic?

ila gave us the answer and it was so right

I would like to add that I got several friends in my country who are using aramic to communicate with each others side by side whith arabic language

I would like to say that in my country ( Iraq ) , there are several ethnic groups each have her own language

we have arabs ( majority ) speak arabic and should learn english in school from 5 th stage and up

and Kurd >> who are using Krdish language which differ completely from arabic and turky

and turman >> who speak turky

keldan - who speak aramic

in addition to paresian language which is used by peoples who live on Iraqian- Iranian borders

ila , and every one , any question about arabic language will be my pleasure to answer you

مع حبي

with my love
Old 08-22-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by الدكتور العراقي View Post
مرحبا بكم جميعا

hi every body

اتمنى ان تكونوا بخير

I wish that you are fine

لغتي الام هي العربية

my native language is arabic

كما اني اتكلم الانكليزية

also , i can speak english

@@@@@@@@@@@@

What is Aramaic?

ila gave us the answer and it was so right

I would like to add that I got several friends in my country who are using aramic to communicate with each others side by side whith arabic language

I would like to say that in my country ( Iraq ) , there are several ethnic groups each have her own language

we have arabs ( majority ) speak arabic and should learn english in school from 5 th stage and up

and Kurd >> who are using Krdish language which differ completely from arabic and turky

and turman >> who speak turky

keldan - who speak aramic

in addition to paresian language which is used by peoples who live on Iraqian- Iranian borders

ila , and every one , any question about arabic language will be my pleasure to answer you

مع حبي

with my love
Thankyou very much for your informative post and your offer of help. It is so very nice to have a someone whose native tongue is Arabic give us some more information.

Edit: I forgot to thank you for the Arabic - English translation.

Last edited by ila; 08-22-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Golly!

Quote:
Okay, sesame it's time to revive this thread.

Aramaic is a Semitic language that was thought to be the language that Jesus spoke. Aramaic belongs to the Canaanite languages which is includes Hebrew and Arabic. It is still spoken by small groups of Christians, Jews, and Arabs in the Middle East. If I'm not mistaken the alphabet used in Aramaic is the forerunner of the Hebrew alphabet.

This information is easily verifiable if one does an internet search. I did not however, do a search for any of this information. What I wrote is all from knowledge I have picked up over the years as well as my travels in the Middle East.

Now, sesame I asked you to challenge me. Ask me something that I will at least have to do a search on.

While you are trying to think of something I have several questions for you.

1. How many languages are in common use in the country of China (dialects excluded)?

2. What is the main language of China?

3. How did the main language of China become the main language?

4. How much influence did the Mongol language of Ghengis Khan have on the Chinese languages?

I look forward to your report, sesame. (BTW I don't know the answers to any of the questions that I posed)
Yeah, ha ha
Ila, you little turtle, it took you one whole year to answer my question. So, I will answer your 4 questions within the upcoming four years. Until then, rest in peace.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Yeah, ha ha
Ila, you little turtle, it took you one whole year to answer my question. So, I will answer your 4 questions within the upcoming four years. Until then, rest in peace.
sesame, you might have gotten an answer much sooner had you not kept disappearing for months at a time.
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Word Origins

Pitri ~ Pituh ~Pita (Sanskrit origin)
Padre (Portuguese, Spanish, Italian)
Father (English)
Bateren (Japanese)

alcool الكحول Arabic original word
alcool Early Portuguese
alcohol English, French

nagna (Sanskrit)
naakt (Dutch)~~Latin=nudo
nacod (Early English)
naked (modern English)

Al-Zabr (Arabic) الجبر
Algebra (Latin)
algebra (English)

ila (Sanskrit meaning, Earth, Word, Water)

What does Igirisu in Japanese mean?

Last edited by sesame; 08-23-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
What does Igirisu in Japanese mean?
Google was my friend in answering this since I know only a few Japanese words and cannot put together a complete sentence in Japanese.

Igirisu - has been translated as England, Great Britain, and United Kingdom.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Pitri ~ Pituh ~Pita (Sanskrit origin)
Padre (Portuguese, Spanish, Italian)
Father (English)
Bateren (Japanese)
You missed pater (Latin)

Quote:
alcool الكحول Arabic original word
alcool Early Portuguese
alcohol English, French
alcool - (French, at least in Canada and therefore if not used in modern French alcool would be early French since that is the style of French spoken by Quebecois and Acadians. French Canadians please correct me if I am wrong.)
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

The Japs cannot pronounce 'L' . So, the word "English" became igirisu in Japanese tongue.

Where did the word Assassin come from?

Hash-shashin in Arabic, refers to an ancient Ismail-Persian sect, skilled in the art of killing. (sort of Arabic Ninjas). They lived in N. Iran near Alamoot between 780-1330AD; and were also called as Nissari's. They secretly formed a society that organised political and religious murders of the noblemen of antipathetic sects.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Where did the word Assassin come from?

Hash-shashin in Arabic, refers to an ancient Ismail-Persian sect, skilled in the art of killing. (sort of Arabic Ninjas). They lived in N. Iran near Alamoot between 780-1330AD; and were also called as Nissari's. They secretly formed a society that organised political and religious murders of the noblemen of antipathetic sects.
I believe the origin is in Persian. A ruler/tribal chief in Persia used to give his mercenaries hash to get high before they went out to eliminate their enemies. The orginal word was hashasin. (I didn't need your hint btw)
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool

Ila, my friend, thats called cheating!!!
You read my ghostwriting!:D

Opium is of little importance in regard to these Nissari killers.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Ila, my friend, thats called cheating!!!
You read my ghostwriting!:D
Reread the part of my sentence in parentheses where I said I didn't need your hint. I didn't know that you had even put it in until I replied quoting your post and saw the ghostwriting then.
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Word= Azure

Remember those Diazo Reactions in organic chemistry?
The word azo comes from Azure, meaning blue.
Where did Azure come from?

Last edited by sesame; 08-23-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2009
St. Araqiel

Ich sprech ein wenig Deutsche, enough to get by. Then I know basic words and phrases-"hello," "goodbye," "please," "thank you," etc.-of a few other European languages, Mexican Spanish and Japanese. Oh, and I can cuss people out in them, too!
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The word azo comes from Azure, meaning blue.
Where did Azure come from?
The short answer I would guess is Latin, however it will have deeper roots than that. The root word might possibly be in Sanskrit, but for some reason I'm thinking Phoenecian. I will see what I can come up with.
Old 08-23-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The short answer I would guess is Latin, however it will have deeper roots than that. The root word might possibly be in Sanskrit, but for some reason I'm thinking Phoenecian. I will see what I can come up with.
I wasn't even close in the origins of azure. According to Wikipedia the word originated in Persian, was adopted into old French, and then into English.
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Azure

Azure came from the Persian word Lazwardh meaning a deep blue mineral called Lapis Lazuli. Medieval Sanskrit has a word called Laajwant, also meaning Lapis. But I guess it's inherited from the Persian. Alexander the Great came to India in 326 BC after conquering Persia. At that time all the Brahmins spoke in Sanskrit, the general masses in Pali.

Now, speaking of Organic Chemistry, how did we get the word Chemistry?
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

الدكتور العراقي is on a distinguished road

hi

how did we get the word Chemistry?

some authors saied that it was derived from arabic from the name الكمي which mean the brave man

i think so ?

the Assassin came from hash-shashin , حشاشين in arabic , they were an insane killing-machines not only in north iran but also in a the great cities like Cairo and Demscus ( in syria ) but later on the حشاشين became more isolated non-violent organization that help weak peoples aganist the bad peoples !

many words are from arabic like

ameral _ the ship captin

which came from arabic ... امير البحر prounounced ( ameer al- bahr )

thank you all for those great info. about language
Old 08-25-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

liesjeversteven is on a distinguished road

My native language is Dutch (Belgian version, Vlaams) and I can have a fairly fluent conversation in English, French and German. I can sort of comprehensively order something in a bar in Polish, Norwegian, Danish, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian but that's about as far as my liguistic capabilities go.
Old 08-25-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

lancelotq will become famous soon enoughlancelotq will become famous soon enough

Az anyanyelvem magyar.
My mother tongue is hungarian.
Old 08-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Magical word origin

What is the origin of the word:

A B R A C A D A B R A
A
B R A C A D A B R
A B R A C A D A B
A B R A C A D A
A B R A C A D
A B R A C A
A B R A C
A B R A
A B R
A B
A
Old 08-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs down Quotes

What majesty should be, what duty is,
Why day is day, night is night, and time is time.
Were nothing but to waste night, day, and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief. Your noble son is mad.

Alas, Gentle ila, nobe ila, is mad!

I'm just pulling your leg, ila dear!
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

That reminds me of a series of manuals:

How to be brief, in 36 volumes.

JohnDowe.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

Ethimology, archeology paleanthology, mathematical theories, and all this because someone asked about the languages you spoke?

Facinating!

But i speak french and english, only?

JohnDowe.
Old 08-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cool Johndowe & ila

Quote:
What is the origin of the word:

A B R A C A D A B R A
A
B R A C A D A B R
A
B R A C A D A B
A
B R A C A D A
A
B R A C A D
A
B R A C A
A
B R A C
A
B R A
A
B R
A B
A
  • To Johndowe, if you quote my original question about abracadabra and this one, you will find the structural difference and economy of code used to create the latter pattern.
  • Since ila or anyone else has not attempted to answer my question for so long, I will give the answer for sake's sake!

• Abracadabra was indeed a word of power in ancient Greece. This magical formula was to be written in a parchment and worn in an amulet as a necklace. It was supposed to ward off sickness. The exact greek word was ABRASADABRA with an "S".
  • Another very ancient source:
    Hebrew words for Father(ab), son(ben), holy spirit(ruach acadosch)...
    gave rise to Aramaic idiom, avra kedabra, which meant, "I will create as I speak!"

• Later on, magicians and performers used those magical words to add some mysticism to their shows, along with "Presto", "Voila" and "hocus-pocus".
Old 08-27-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.....Since ila or anyone else has not attempted to answer my question for so long, I will give the answer for sake's sake!
sesame, you only posted this yesterday. I didn't have time to answer it. I do have a life beyond this forum. I intended to do some research, on abracadabra, before answering. I would have been surprised at the results though because my original inclination was that the word has arabic origins.