Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 12-21-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Sorry never heard of Richards Red, but then it might not be sold here in the US

Flyersfan Jen
Actually, it is closer to Molsens than you might think...

Rickard?s Red
Rickard?s Red is the number one selling red beer in Canada. Created by brew master Gord Rickards in 1985, Rickard?s Red is crafted using a unique blend of three malted barleys, including chocolate malt to give it its unique red color. This perfectly balanced amber beer offers a robust, yet smooth, flavor with pleasant hop aroma and notes of burnt caramel. Rickard?s? volume in Canada has grown 20 percent over the last two years.

The Rickard?s Red family of brands includes Rickard?s Red, Rickard?s Honey Brown, Rickard?s Original White, and Rickard?s India Pale Ale.

Rickard?s Honey Brown is crafted in the traditional style of English brown ales with specially kilned barley malts that are roasted to perfection before being infused with just a hint of pure Canadian honey.

Rickard?s Original White is an unfiltered wheat ale brewed in the Belgian tradition, offering a natural cloudy appearance and complex but subtle notes of coriander and citrus flavor.

Rickard?s India Pale Ale is crafted using Munich Special Malt. Available in Ontario, draught only.

Rickard?s Red is an ale with 5.2 percent alcohol by volume.

To learn more about the Rickard?s Red line of beers, log onto www.molson.com.

Jen, you should definitely check it out if you are ever visiting Canada. It is really good!
Old 12-21-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Jen, you should definitely check it out if you are ever visiting Canada. It is really good!
Jen, you live close to the best city in the Eastern United States in which to drink beer: Philadelphia. Thanks to Pennsylvania's particular laws, it is one of the only cities east of the Mississippi River in which you can easily obtain a wide variety of microbrews from the Western United States that the rest of us must travel to California, Oregon, and Washington to obtain. Any one of those beers (visit Monk's Cafe on S. 16th in Philly) will make the swill shadows is pushing on you taste like, well ... swill.

With all the hugs you've been giving him, he ought to be a little more considerate about how he steers you, beer-wise.
Old 12-21-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Jen, you live close to the best city in the Eastern United States in which to drink beer: Philadelphia. Thanks to Pennsylvania's particular laws, it is one of the only cities east of the Mississippi River in which you can easily obtain a wide variety of microbrews from the Western United States that the rest of us must travel to California, Oregon, and Washington to obtain. Any one of those beers (visit Monk's Cafe on S. 16th in Philly) will make the swill shadows is pushing on you taste like, well ... swill.

With all the hugs you've been giving him, he ought to be a little more considerate about how he steers you, beer-wise.
While I am sure those options you have given her are quite exquisite, she should still sample some of the others to broaden her palate.

If I am ever in the area, you should point out the good local flavours. I am never afraid to try new brews...except for Guinness.
Old 12-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Devils 1-5 Capitals

Well at least it's an improvement on Sunday's 7-1 thrashing by Atlanta. (Devils outshot Caps 36-28 )

That's 9 straight losses on the road.

At least we're still only 18pts behind 8th place in the East.
Old 12-22-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Well at least it's an improvement on Sunday's 7-1 thrashing by Atlanta. (Devils outshot Caps 36-28 )

That's 9 straight losses on the road.

At least we're still only 18pts behind 8th place in the East.
I guess that's one way for Washington to stop a losing streak. Sorry that it had to be your team, dauls.

Only a few scores from last night(the ones that matter to us).

1. Washington beat New Jersey 5-1.

2. Dallas beat Montreal 5-2. I hope that ila can take solace in the fact that they lost to a very good team. Dallas is in 2nd place in the entire League with 45 points(only Philadelphia has more with 49 points). If Dallas can keep this up, they could be ones to watch out for in the playoffs(and keep Brad Richards from getting traded to the Leafs unfortunately).

3. San Jose beat Edmonton 2-1. Good news for our Sharks fans, but not so much good news for Jennifer.
Old 12-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I have tickets for tomorrow night's Bruins - Thrashers game at Boston Garden. I wish all my hockey friend fans from the Forum could join me for a night at the rink!
Old 12-22-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have tickets for tomorrow night's Bruins - Thrashers game at Boston Garden. I wish all my hockey friend fans from the Forum could join me for a night at the rink!
Let's just hope that Boston gives Atlanta a thrashing.
Old 12-22-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Yes, a 7-1 scoreline sounds about right to me.

Anyway on Thursday it's the NHL's 'Big Basement-Team Match-up': the 30th placed Islanders come to New Jersey to take on the positively, high-flying 29th placed Devils. It should be a sell-out.
Old 12-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I will be there in spirit, rooting for the Bruins to give their opponents an ass-kicking as an early Christmas present.
Old 12-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Yes, a 7-1 scoreline sounds about right to me.

Anyway on Thursday it's the NHL's 'Big Basement-Team Match-up': the 30th placed Islanders come to New Jersey to take on the positively, high-flying 29th placed Devils. It should be a sell-out.
The Devils better be careful! The Islanders beat Tampa Bay tonight 2-1 in overtime!

Pittsburgh beat Florida(YAY!) 5-2. Crosby got another point(a goal) and has not gotten points in 22 straight games! I am not sure, but I think the record is 30 straight games. He now has 28 goals and 30 assists in only 35 games! Unfortunately, I don't think he is going to reach the 50 goals in 50 games plateau this year.
Old 12-23-2010

Thumbs down In the first 11 minutes tonight...

...trailing 3-0 to the fg Islanders - a new low point for the Devils this season.
Old 12-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
...trailing 3-0 to the fg Islanders - a new low point for the Devils this season.
I think dauls will be drowning his sorrows in copious amounts of golden nectar(beer) and won't be able to post any updates. It looks like the new Coach of the Devils is showing the same results as the old one(I know, I know, only one game in...but I think it's too late for them this season).

The Devils are now down 5-1 even though they are outshooting the Islanders 33-14(as I type this, which is with 6:35 remaining in the 2nd period). The Trap may be in full gear for this game(which Lemaire was SO fond of...ugh) but you wouldn't think it with the score!
Old 12-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Boston is ahead 4-1 with 7:23 left in the 3rd period, so it looks like they are going to do just that. Smc will be quite pleased with that result.
Old 12-23-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boston is ahead 4-1 with 7:23 left in the 3rd period, so it looks like they are going to do just that. Smc will be quite pleased with that result.
The game is over and Boston won 4 - 1. smc is going to be happy.

In other news (otherwise known as the only other game that I was interested in tonight) it was Montreal 3 - 2 over Carolina.
Old 12-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Quote:
The game is over and Boston won 4 - 1. smc is going to be happy.
What a great night of hockey! A fight on the initial face off at 19:58 of the 1st period. Thornton almost scoring a hat trick. And then a 5-on-5 fight with about 4:30 left in the 3rd period. Awesome.

Best new T-shirt being sold outside Boston Garden:

Canadiens Are "Eh" Holes

Sorry, ila, but I laughed out loud.
Old 12-23-2010
Dark Overlord

The majority of our membership are going to be happy with the scores tonight. Two are not.

Here are the scores that matter:

1. Boston beat Atlanta 4-1. While Boston is a Conference rival, I rooted for them to win, if only to give an ass-kicking to Atlanta who beat my Leafs their last game out. Plus, my friend is a fan and this win gives him an early Christmas present.

2. Montreal beat Carolina 3-2. The turning point was the 5-minute major given to Cole as Montreal scored their second and third goals on that PP. I did not see the game so I can't agree or disagree with his comments, but here is what Paul Maurice(Carolina head coach) had to say about the penalty:

"And Carolina coach Paul Maurice compared the call to "arresting a telephone pole after a drunk driver hits it."

"I understand why there's an issue here, but there's no way Spacek doesn't know that hit's coming because Cole's chasing him up the ice," Maurice said. "They aren't going in opposite directions. They're going in the same direction. So he's finishing his hit.

"There's no way Erik Cole knows he's going to turn his face to the glass at the very last second," he added. "There's no invitation, 'Dear sir, I'm going to hit you. Would you mind keeping your shoulders square to me so that I don't get a five-minute penalty?"'

------------------------

Sour grapes or legitimate beef? Ila, what is your take on the penalty(although you could be considered biased due to your rooting of the Habs, I find you to be a fair-minded sort so I can trust your opinion on this.

3. The Islanders beat the Devils 5-1. New Jersey outshot New York 35-14 yet were on the losing end of a 5-1 score? Either Brodeur drank too much spiked eggnog or the Islanders took advantage of some breaks.

4. Calgary beat Dallas 3-2 in the shootout. Our Dallas fans will not be happy about that, especially with them losing against a crappy team like Calgary(it would be like them losing against Toronto...yes, I said it!).

A couple of games are still ongoing. San Jose currently holds a 2-1 lead over Phoenix while Edmonton and LA are tied at 1.
Old 12-24-2010

Thumbs down Devils 1-5 Islanders

Quote:
The Islanders beat the Devils 5-1. New Jersey outshot New York 35-14 yet were on the losing end of a 5-1 score? Either Brodeur drank too much spiked eggnog or the Islanders took advantage of some breaks.
For fk's sake. Thrashed by the Islanders! Name:  doh.gif
Views: 96
Size:  2.1 KB
Name:  surrender.gif
Size:  1.8 KB
2010/11
And when are the Devils gonna start those much needed shooting practice sessions?! Name:  swear1.gif
Size:  3.1 KB
Old 12-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
For fk's sake. Thrashed by the Islanders! Attachment 184996
And when are the Devils gonna start those much needed shooting practice sessions?! Attachment 184998
Even the sports editors in the local newspaper are attacking the Devils and New Jersey generally tends to be ignored in these parts and especially so when they are so low in the standings.
Old 12-24-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.....2. Montreal beat Carolina 3-2. The turning point was the 5-minute major given to Cole as Montreal scored their second and third goals on that PP. I did not see the game so I can't agree or disagree with his comments, but here is what Paul Maurice(Carolina head coach) had to say about the penalty:

"And Carolina coach Paul Maurice compared the call to "arresting a telephone pole after a drunk driver hits it."

"I understand why there's an issue here, but there's no way Spacek doesn't know that hit's coming because Cole's chasing him up the ice," Maurice said. "They aren't going in opposite directions. They're going in the same direction. So he's finishing his hit.

"There's no way Erik Cole knows he's going to turn his face to the glass at the very last second," he added. "There's no invitation, 'Dear sir, I'm going to hit you. Would you mind keeping your shoulders square to me so that I don't get a five-minute penalty?"'

------------------------

Sour grapes or legitimate beef? Ila, what is your take on the penalty(although you could be considered biased due to your rooting of the Habs, I find you to be a fair-minded sort so I can trust your opinion on this.....
I didn't see the game nor have I even looked for any highlights yet. My initial reaction to this is sour grapes as Cole had the option of not hitting Spacek from behind.
Old 12-24-2010
Dark Overlord

There are no hockey games(at least NHL games, so go watch the World Junior games instead! Go Canada GO!!!!) scheduled today or tomorrow, so Merry Christmas to all my fellow hockey fans!
Old 12-24-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

sammyjob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Crosby is the latest phenom that comes around every once in awhile like Bobby Orr,Mike Bossy, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemiux
but before we crown him let's see where he is after ten years, the above played great year after year over a long period of time a lot of players string together some great season then fizzle out
I have nothing agianst Crosby i like him and he is the top player today
Bobby Clarke got me watching hockey when i was a kid, Mike Bossy got me to really like the game and Wayne Gretzky made me a fan for life
Flyersfan Jen
The interesting thing about Crosby is that he has become good at every aspect of the game. There haven't been many players who were so well-rounded. He didn't used to be good at faceoffs. He has now made himself one of the best at faceoffs. He doesn't have the flash of Gretzky, but he has almost always had to play with very mediocre wings. Also, the game is different than it was in Gretzky's heyday. There isn't as much scoring. Gretzky recently said that if Crosby had played in the '80's, he would no doubt have been a 100 point scorer. Living in Pittsburgh, I read and hear interviews with Sydney all the time. He has a remarkable personality, unbelievably modest. Kind of a blue collar superstar.
Old 12-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjob View Post
The interesting thing about Crosby is that he has become good at every aspect of the game. There haven't been many players who were so well-rounded. He didn't used to be good at faceoffs. He has now made himself one of the best at faceoffs. He doesn't have the flash of Gretzky, but he has almost always had to play with very mediocre wings. Also, the game is different than it was in Gretzky's heyday. There isn't as much scoring. Gretzky recently said that if Crosby had played in the '80's, he would no doubt have been a 100 point scorer. Living in Pittsburgh, I read and hear interviews with Sydney all the time. He has a remarkable personality, unbelievably modest. Kind of a blue collar superstar.
Tyler Seguin shows signs of being a truly great player, although if it happens it will unfold more slowly.
Old 12-26-2010

Thumbs down Devils 1-4 Maple Leafs

That's five straight losses for the Devils. And once again we outshot our opponents; by 30-22.

Jacques Lemaire thinks "Why am I here?"

At least Ilya Kovalchuk showed a bit of fight during the second period.

We're only 20pts behind 8th placed Boston.
Old 12-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
That's five straight losses for the Devils. And once again we outshot our opponents; by 30-22.

Jacques Lemaire thinks "Why am I here?"

At least Ilya Kovalchuk showed a bit of fight during the second period.

We're only 20pts behind 8th placed Boston.
And to add insult to injury, The Islanders won tonight by beating Montreal 4-1(in which Montreal outshot the Islanders 39-25).
Old 12-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec. 26th's games:

1. Toronto beat New Jersey 4-1. Not much to say about this game except that I am happy the Leafs won. The way the Leafs have played so far this season, I wasn't sure if they would be able to win or not.

2. New York Islanders beat Montreal 4-1. The back-breaker seems to be the Game Misconduct given to Max Pacioretty for Boarding. The Islanders scored two goals on that PP(#'s 3 & 4). Montreal also took 7 other penaltys, and that is never a good thing to happen when you are playing from behind.

Those are the only games that are finished that are followed by members here. One other score to mention is the Ottawa 3-1 victory. The reason I mention this is that Sidney Crosby scored and now has a 24 game point-streak!
Old 12-26-2010
Dark Overlord

CANADA wins their first game 6-3 over Russia.

Go Canada, GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ETA: Dang, I guess white doesn't show up too well against this background. Oops!
Old 12-29-2010

Thumbs down Devils 1-3 Rangers

We:
- - - held the lead for a full 47 seconds in the 1st period.
- - - outshot the Rangers 44-26.
- - - are the NHL's lowest scoring team with only 62 goals (18 goals less than the Islanders).
- - - are 1-11-0 in the last twelve - all games decided in 60 minutes, none of this OT rubbish.

That's six straight losses - and we have scored only one goal in each of these six games.

Prediction for Friday's game: a loss by 3-1 or 2-1 to the Thrashers.
Old 12-29-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
We:
- - - held the lead for a full 47 seconds in the 1st period.
- - - outshot the Rangers 44-26.
- - - are the NHL's lowest scoring team with only 62 goals (18 goals less than the Islanders).
- - - are 1-11-0 in the last twelve - all games decided in 60 minutes, none of this OT rubbish.

That's six straight losses - and we have scored only one goal in each of these six games.

Prediction for Friday's game: a loss by 3-1 or 2-1 to the Thrashers.
I am honestly amazed that the Leafs haven't scored less goals!

I cannot wait for the baseball season to start so I can stop looking at this shitty-ass team embarrass itself(and the fans!) with their lackadaisical play.

And the Islanders won again! They beat Pittsburgh 2-1 in a shootout(yay!) and also stopped Crosby's point streak.

At least Canada won 10-1 against Norway in the World Juniors!
Old 12-30-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
...At least Canada won 10-1 against Norway in the World Juniors!
Was there any doubt about this one, shadows?
Old 12-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I cannot wait for the baseball season to start so I can stop looking at this shitty-ass team embarrass itself(and the fans!) with their lackadaisical play.
So, if I understand correctly, you would rather have the disappointment of the Blue Jays playing quite well but still not being able to compete well enough to make any headway in a division that includes the Red Sox (who as of this writing look, to many baseball writers, as invincible next season) and the Yankees?
Old 12-30-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
So, if I understand correctly, you would rather have the disappointment of the Blue Jays playing quite well but still not being able to compete well enough to make any headway in a division that includes the Red Sox (who as of this writing look, to many baseball writers, as invincible next season) and the Yankees?
Yes I would. At least the Blue Jays look like they are trying to win their games. And I don't take much stock in what baseball writers have to say. They were pegging New York to win it all last year, weren't they?

I am not saying that Boston won't do well, but anything can happen on the field(or off it). Injuries, poor chemistry, bad luck. Anything can happen. As long as the Yankees don't win, I will be happy.
Old 12-30-2010
Dark Overlord

*sigh*

Another night, another freaking lead blown by the Leafs. They coughed up a 2-1 lead and ended up losing 3-2 to Columbus. Arghhhhhhh!

Here are some other scores, none of which will make for happy members.

1. Atlanta beat Boston 3-2 in the shootout. Bad enough that the Bruins lost, but to have it happen via the shootout? Smc is probably quite irate!

2. Tampa Bay beat Montreal 4-1. I honestly have no idea why Montreal always has these "December swoons". Before tonight's games, they were in eighth place, only 4 points up on Carolina(and Carolina has 2 games in hand!). The Mods are NOT having a good night.
Old 12-31-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

The Sharks won 4-3 in an excellent game between #7 and #8 in the west. 7 different scorers. Hard hitting.

I'd feared an early start to the usual 3 period collapse when the BlackHawks scored 2 to tie it in the last 30 seconds of the second period. Instead, in the third, Jumbo tipped in a point shot to go ahead and the D held on for the regulation win. In fact our D got 5 points.

The Sharks are now 3-0 against the team that stopped their Stanley Cup run last year. Randy Hahn said "if only we could get them in our division". 9 teams in the west have 40-45 points now.

K
Old 12-31-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
The Sharks won 4-3 in an excellent game between #7 and #8 in the west. 7 different scorers. Hard hitting.
Sorry. Final was 5-3. I forgot about Ryane Clowe's empty netter with 45 seconds left. 8 different scorers.

K
Old 01-01-2011

Thumbs up Devils 3-1 Thrashers

At last, the Devils win to break a humiliating 6-game losing streak, and Kovalchuck even managed to score.

Quote:
Prediction for Friday's game: a loss by 3-1 or 2-1 to the Thrashers.[/INDENT]
So much for my prediction.
Old 01-01-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
At last, the Devils win to break a humiliating 6-game losing streak, and Kovalchuck even managed to score.

So much for my prediction.
You had the right score, just backwards.
Old 01-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of
Default Winter classics

Well the winter classic games are now over
So what did everyone think?
Are you fans of these games or just think no biggie just a fad/gimmic
When they first started this i was one that was thinking it wouldn't last and looks like i was wrong and i like the games but and here's a big but they should not repete not play hockey in Fenway park as the ref's view is blocked and i guess that is why they failed to see in ot Boston had to many men on the ice

Flyersfan Jen
Old 01-02-2011

Thumbs down Devils 3-6 Hurricanes

4-0 down by 13:42 in the first. Brodeur pulled after only 8 minutes. Win streak stopped at one again.

Only 44 games to go.
Old 01-04-2011

Thumbs down Devils 1-2 Wild

What a dreadful fluke goal to lose the game by.
Clayton Stoner scored his first NHL goal when the puck took an unexpected bounce off the glass and headed into the empty net - Hedberg was caught out of position behind the net.
Old 01-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

And thrus they pay the Flyers

Flyersfan Jen
Old 01-04-2011

I know Jen, I'm not looking forward to the game.

Then it's back to Philadelphia for a rematch on Saturday. Put the Flyers down for a pair of comfortable wins.
Old 01-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I know Jen, I'm not looking forward to the game.

Then it's back to Philadelphia for a rematch on Saturday. Put the Flyers down for a pair of comfortable wins.
I hope so as i have tickets for sat's game

Flyersfan Jen
Old 01-06-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Well the winter classic games are now over
So what did everyone think?
Are you fans of these games or just think no biggie just a fad/gimmic
When they first started this i was one that was thinking it wouldn't last and looks like i was wrong and i like the games but and here's a big but they should not repete not play hockey in Fenway park as the ref's view is blocked and i guess that is why they failed to see in ot Boston had to many men on the ice

Flyersfan Jen
I think they need to stop using the same damned teams. I am getting sick and tired of the supposed Washington/Pittsburgh "rivalry". Enough already! Put other teams in it for crying out loud!
Old 01-06-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Flyersfan Jen
Jen, what do you think of them waiving Leighton? Do you think it could turn around and bite them in the butt come playoff time if he ends up being claimed by another team?
Old 01-06-2011

Thumbs down Devils 2-4 Flyers

Quote:

Flyersfan Jen
That's 1-9-0 in the last ten.

Jen, that's a successful part one for the Flyers, I just hope it's a fairly close game on Saturday.
Old 01-07-2011
Dark Overlord

I thought I was going to get a repeat of the gold medal game with the Leafs last night! They had a 5-2 lead and then totally fell asleep! Thankfully they were able to pull off the victory and win 6-5 in the shootout.

Here are some other scores:

1. Philadelphia beat New Jersey 4-2. And the losses keep mounting up for the hapless Devils. And they don't even have a 1st round pick this year, having lost it to Atlanta in the Kovalchuk trade. I feel your pain, dauls!

2. Minnesota beat Boston 3-1.

3. Montreal beat Pittsburgh 2-1 in the shootout even though they were outshot 32-23.

4. Edmonton beat the Islanders 2-1. Thank goodness! I was getting a little worried seeing them climb up so close to the Leafs in the standings!

5. Buffalo beat San Jose 3-0. Lindy Ruff got his 500th victory in this game.
Old 01-07-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Jen, what do you think of them waiving Leighton? Do you think it could turn around and bite them in the butt come playoff time if he ends up being claimed by another team?
I can understand why they made the move as he was the weakest preformer of the three goaltenders this season

Sadly the Flyers haven't had a main solid goaltender since Ron Hexstall

Flyersfan Jen
Old 01-07-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I can understand why they made the move as he was the weakest preformer of the three goaltenders this season

Sadly the Flyers haven't had a main solid goaltender since Ron Hexstall

Flyersfan Jen
To be fair, he only played in the one game(due to offseason surgery). The reason I think they may end up regretting this is that he has shown that he is good under the pressures of the playoffs. Boucher hasn't proven himself and the other goalie has never been in the playoffs(as far as I know).
Old 01-07-2011

Quote:
1. Philadelphia beat New Jersey 4-2. And the losses keep mounting up for the hapless Devils. And they don't even have a 1st round pick this year, having lost it to Atlanta in the Kovalchuk trade. I feel your pain, dauls!
That's what I thought, but it appears we will have our first round draft pick. As part of the Kovalchuk trade it looks like we only gave up a first round selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

In 2011 we have given up/lost the following picks:
Second Round
* The New Jersey Devils' second-round pick will go to the Nashville Predators as the result of a trade on June 19, 2010 that sent Jason Arnott to New Jersey in exchange for Matt Halischuk and this pick.

Third Round
* The New Jersey Devils' third-round pick will be forfeited as a result of a penalty sanction due to cap circumvention when signing Ilya Kovalchuk -- The penalty includes a fine of $3 million, a forfeiture of one first-round pick between 2011 and 2014 as determined by the Devils, and this pick.

The Devils clearout has already started: confirmed trade of Jamie Langenbrunner to Dallas.
I wonder who else will leave the Devils?
Old 01-07-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
That's what I thought, but it appears we will have our first round draft pick. As part of the Kovalchuk trade it looks like we only gave up a first round selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

In 2011 we have given up/lost the following picks:
Second Round
* The New Jersey Devils' second-round pick will go to the Nashville Predators as the result of a trade on June 19, 2010 that sent Jason Arnott to New Jersey in exchange for Matt Halischuk and this pick.

Third Round
* The New Jersey Devils' third-round pick will be forfeited as a result of a penalty sanction due to cap circumvention when signing Ilya Kovalchuk -- The penalty includes a fine of $3 million, a forfeiture of one first-round pick between 2011 and 2014 as determined by the Devils, and this pick.

The Devils clearout has already started: confirmed trade of Jamie Langenbrunner to Dallas.
I wonder who else will leave the Devils?
That has to be a typo, doesn't it(on the part where you got the info, not on your part)? I mean, they made the trade after the 2010 Draft was already gone. That is what is confusing me about this.