Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

More news on BO... Now he wants to move control of the US Census from the Commerce department to the friken Whitehouse. For those who don't know, the Census is used to determine how voting districts are defined, which has a huge effect on the outcomes of elections. Something like this should not be in the hands of any one party. It's nothing but a blatant power grab.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default voting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
More news on BO... Now he wants to move control of the US Census from the Commerce department to the friken Whitehouse. For those who don't know, the Census is used to determine how voting districts are defined, which has a huge effect on the outcomes of elections. Something like this should not be in the hands of any one party. It's nothing but a blatant power grab.
The voting districts are determined by local state legislators or in the case of Californa by a new special nonpartisan committee. In most cases, voting districts have been manipulated for many years to strengthen the incumbents chances of reelection. It's called gerrymandering.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

BUT, It doesn't belong in the Whitehouse!
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default News

Quote:
Originally Posted by franalexes View Post
BUT, It doesn't belong in the Whitehouse!
I haven't seen ANY news on this, where is it reported?
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
No surprise there. The mainstream news has become Obama's corpse of press secretaries. The link I'm about to post will probably make your skin crawl, but nevertheless, the story is accurate. <link>.

This is bigger than gerrymandering. This would have the power of the executive office (i.e. a full branch out of the US's 3 branches) behind it, and a majority of congress. Let's say this happened 3-4 years ago, when the Republicans had the Whitehouse and Congress. Would you be ok with the Whitehouse having control of voting districts under those circumstances?
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default News?

Isn't Fox news mainstream?
This tudu seems to involve Utah getting another congressman by counting their missionaries that are out of state!

Quote from Wordpress.com
"Critics note that the method of counting can skew the census. Democrats have long advocated using mathematical estimates, a practice known as "sampling," to count urban residents and immigrants. Republicans say the Constitution requires a physical head count, which entails going door-to-door.

In 2000, Utah, which has three congressmen, was extremely close to landing a fourth House seat based on U.S. Census numbers, but the nation's most conservative state fell short by a few hundred votes because the Census Bureau wouldn't count Mormon missionaries from Utah serving temporarily overseas.

The GOP took the case to the U.S. Supreme Court, but was ultimately unsuccessful. Utah leaders had hoped the 2010 census would rectify the problem, but now worry that they will lose again if the census is managed by partisans."

Well good ole Karl Rove went all out to manipulate elections and Repubs cheered him along.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Nah, even left wing bloggers and talk radio hosts are seated in front of Fox News at the Whitehouse press conferences now.

Quote:
This tudu seems to involve Utah getting another congressman by counting their missionaries that are out of state!
They are one group that is affected, and because of that they raised the issue. That doesn't change the fact that this has huge repercussions for future elections does it?

Quote:
Well good ole Karl Rove went all out to manipulate elections and Repubs cheered him along.
And Obama's campaign copied Rove's strategy to get into the Whitehouse. Fine. That's a campaign strategy. That's not the same as using the power of the executive branch to define political boundaries is it?

I don't think you're going to be able to put lipstick on this pig and keep a straight face. Would you answer the statement and question I asked you from above?
Quote:
This is bigger than gerrymandering. This would have the power of the executive office (i.e. a full branch out of the US's 3 branches) behind it, and a majority of congress. Let's say this happened 3-4 years ago, when the Republicans had the Whitehouse and Congress. Would you be ok with the Whitehouse having control of voting districts under those circumstances?

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 02-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Pig?

If you are calling Obama a pig then I am through with you!
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Quote from Wordpress.com
"Critics note that the method of counting can skew the census. Democrats have long advocated using mathematical estimates, a practice known as "sampling," to count urban residents and immigrants. Republicans say the Constitution requires a physical head count, which entails going door-to-door.

In 2000, Utah, which has three congressmen, was extremely close to landing a fourth House seat based on U.S. Census numbers, but the nation's most conservative state fell short by a few hundred votes because the Census Bureau wouldn't count Mormon missionaries from Utah serving temporarily overseas.

The GOP took the case to the U.S. Supreme Court, but was ultimately unsuccessful. Utah leaders had hoped the 2010 census would rectify the problem, but now worry that they will lose again if the census is managed by partisans."

Well, wait a minute, Randolph -- now you're running circles around your OWN argument.

First of all, you said (quote): "This tudu seems to involve Utah getting another congressman by counting their missionaries that are out of state!" So to begin, I'd ask: what the hell is wrong with that? While it sounds like a great sound bite at first -- I mean, my gosh! Counting people who aren't really there! What a dirty Republican trick! -- the issue is where were the missionaries? And even more to the point, the REAL question is: how long will they be gone for? Look, last time I checked, we have this thing called "absentee ballots." We recognize that someone who isn't home at the time of an election...in his actual voting district...should STILL maintain his full citizenship rights and they deserve to have their vote counted.

So if a Mormom missionary has taken on a 6-month assignment to preach in Africa or Ugakawakawakaland or wherever the heck he is, the POINT is that his legal residence is STILL in Utah and that's WHERE he'll be coming home to because that's where he freakin' lives. So NOT counting him is equally ridiculous. It's like saying right now "Let's take a 100% fair count of ALL Hollywood residents, to find out once and for all who ACTUALLY lives there" -- but just because I was visiting friends in Vegas this weekend and wasn't around, I shouldn't be added to the tally. As if a simple 2-day weekend trip away completely NEGATES my place of residence where I ACTUALLY do live the other 363 days of the year. That's just ludicrous.

The whole POINT of the national census is NOT to take a friggin' guess at who may or may not be living in an area, to just toss a dart at the wall and randomly pick any ol' number. The POINT of the Census has always been to know just how many people live in different areas, to get as EXACTING a count as possible. And when I say an "exacting count", I mean literally just that. An actual head count -- yes, even taking into account those people who weren't at home that day because they were on a trip. Because the bottom line is THEY'RE COMING BACK! BECAUSE THEY FUCKING LIVE THERE!

In fact, this is one instance where I'll be blunt and truly partisan: Obama and the Democrats are full of fucking SHIT on this Census issue. Trying to move it into the White House and under its direct control and away from the Commerce Department (where it has historically been) is clearly a move to pull another bullshit Acorn voting fraud stunt, a less than obvious ploy to ultimately manipulate the data to realign districts to their political favor.

For Heaven's sake, look at what you wrote above. Again, I quote: "Democrats have long advocated using mathematical estimates, a practice known as "sampling," to count urban residents and immigrants. Republicans say the Constitution requires a physical head count, which entails going door-to-door."

Gee, that's rather IRONIC, isn't it? After all, who could POSSIBLY debate that an actual physical head count isn't more accurate than trying to do an "mathematical estimate"? For fuck's sake, you're even using the word "estimate" which -- by pure definition -- acknowledges that it's NOT an accurate number. That it's a "best guess" number!

Not to mention, there's also the utter CROCK to this. I love that when it comes to the Census and counting heads and determining Congressional voting districts that the Democrats are in favor of "estimates" and "mathematical models" -- yet this is the same party that when it came to the infamous Florida recount wanted every hanging chad counted thrice over or even now in the still disupted Minnesota Senatorial election between Al Franken and Norm Coleman are arguing (again) that every single ballot must be found or uncovered at all costs to ACCURATELY determine who won.

Gee, funny how that Left wing hypocrisy works.
Things are only worth ACTUALLY counting so long as it will seal a Democratic win.
Otherwise, what the hell -- let's just take a guess and go with that.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Issues

The missionary issue was settled by the SUPREME COURT!

Obama is not taking over the census, the White House wants to review the operation of the census department. There is very little news out there on this issue. As usual Fox News picked this up and made a big deal out of it. If it was a big deal there would be some good coverage.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I don't think you're going to be able to put lipstick on this pig and keep a straight face. Would you answer the statement and question I asked you from above?
Quote:
Randolph, take it easy. Don't read too much into the words, instead read between the lines. Tracy wasn't calling Obama a pig per se -- she was playfully and wittily using a line that came about during the Presidential campaign, which started when Sarah Palin made an infamous joke during her nomination convention speech, which is now part of pop culture, that compared Hockey Moms to pit bulls with lip stick...

...Which, shortly afterwards, Obama tried to mock during an appearance, but he stupidly mangled the words (later claiming he misspoke and was mentally exhausted from being on the campaign trail) where HE created a momentary political and media firestorm as many people felt HE had actually called Palin a pig.

Besides, purely on it's surface, you can take her words on face value for what they actually mean. Namely, you can't put lipstick on this Census pig and dress it up and pass it off for something it's not. The bottom line remains, as I explained in my post as well, that what Obama and the Democrats are trying to do is to clearly circumvent particular government agencies to ultimately manipulate Census data, which in turn will affect Congressional redistricting. Any way you try to slice it, THAT'S what they're up to and everyone sees it for what it is. Hence her "lipstick on a pig" analogy is dead on target.

Last edited by CreativeMind; 02-16-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
LMAO
It's an expression. And the pig I was referring to is the ISSUE of moving the Census to the Whitehouse.

Edited to add:
BTW, nice dodge. I almost forgot you still haven't answered my statement/question:
Quote:
Let's go a step further...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxNews
the White House chief of staff can't be expected to handle the census in a neutral manner. Emanuel ran the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in the 2006 election, and he was instrumental in getting Democrats elected into the majority.
This Emanuel guy is the Carl Rove of the democratic party. Would you be ok with Carl Rove overseeing the Census?

Last edited by TracyCoxx; 02-16-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Obama is not taking over the census.
There is very little news out there on this issue.
As usual Fox News picked this up and made a big deal out of it.
If it was a big deal there would be some good coverage.
TOO...MANY...MOCKING...ANSWERS...FLOODING...INTO HEAD!
BRAIN OVERLOAD! CAN'T...PICK...JUST...ONE!!!

Obama isn't trying to do anything wrong.
"If it was a big deal there would be some good coverage."
>snicker< (wiping tears from my eyes)
Thanks for the best laugh I got all day with THAT one, Randolph!
Old 02-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
TOO...MANY...MOCKING...ANSWERS...FLOODING...INTO HEAD!
BRAIN OVERLOAD! CAN'T...PICK...JUST...ONE!!!

Obama isn't trying to do anything wrong.
"If it was a big deal there would be some good coverage."
>snicker< (wiping tears from my eyes)
Thanks for the best laugh I got all day with THAT one, Randolph!
Well I guess it is good to know that some people find our present situation humorous. Isn't laughter the best medicine? It's just hard for me to laugh when thousands of people are losing their jobs and homes.
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well I guess it is good to know that some people find our present situation humorous.
Isn't laughter the best medicine?
It's just hard for me to laugh when thousands of people are losing their jobs and homes.
Randolph, I COMPLETELY sympathize with the plight of people in need right now -- trust me, I know MORE than enough people facing some pretty dire situations right now. I live and work in Los Angeles/Hollywood and people are losing their jobs left and right do to the poor economy overall, which in turn is likewise shutting down productions (and other things) left and right in this town. Not to mention (and most people have forgotten this due to the national crisis) but out here -- even in the midst of this madness -- the Screen Actors Guild never did come to a new contract agreement and they're STILL threatening to go on strike and shut things down in this town 100%. And if that happens...coupled with the national crisis...you might as well kiss Los Angeles good-bye for years to come. This place will officially become a ghost town.

Hell, even as it is, you should kiss California all but good-bye. As of today, California is facing a $32 BILLION deficit with the stimulus plan possibly sending around $10 billion in bail out aid to the state. Which means we'd still be a whopping $22 Billion in the hole -- hence today's latest news that as of Friday Arnold will be laying off 20,000 state workers. Not to mention the state also has told the taxpayers they're NOT getting any tax refunds this year -- we're all getting fucking "IOU's" in the mail since the state is completely bust.

Of course this also leads to another political wildfire -- namely that in the midst of this, the LA TIMES just issued a news report tallying the cost of illegal immigrants here at $5 billion a year, while other studies show it running as high as $10 Billion. So at a time when the state is $32 Billion in the hole -- and nearly a THIRD of that loss is due to illegal aliens living here and draining public services dry -- this state is quickly becoming an economic, political, and societal powder keg.

Or as someone said on TV today (I forget who, but I caught the comment in passing and thought it was dead-on): "They say that as California goes, so goes the rest of the nation. Well, if that's the case, WE'RE ALL SCREWED."

Anyway, the reason I made my humorous comment before was due to your one-two punch statement that IF Obama was doing anything wrong, it would get plenty of coverage. PUH-LEEZE. As the election showed, the media is SO in Obama's pocket and SO determined to back him and even protect him that you're right -- it isn't funny. In fact, it's sad. It's a sad day for democracy and honest journalism when we've reached that point.

An example off the top of my head: Chris Matthews on MSNBC going from being a firebrand and saying it was his job was to "relentlessly find the truth and ask hard questions of the Bush Administration" to him declaring on air that listening to Obama speak "sends a shiver up my leg" and that he now feels (and I quote): "It's my job now to make sure Obama succeeds." Excuse me? TO MAKE SURE he succeeds? Gee, I thought his job as a fucking journalist was to report the news, not SHAPE it.

So going back to your post and my reply, the notion of these clowns in the media reporting ANYTHING bad that Obama does is all but inconceivable at this point...
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
And why would you basicly give a shit what any one thinks? You just send the marines... simple! And good for you! Or is it?
Quote:
The current American rethoric and waging of war has made it harder to be a Westerner in this world. It's time for an optimistic change. Barack will to a degree bring that.

Peace (love and harmony)!

HankyPanky
Quote:
And in the end, isn't that truly what the socalled "American Dream" is all about? I mean, before it was hijacked by the military fascists who sort of indicate that to be a TRUE American with hand on heart, tears in the eyes and gun (and sexuality) in the closet you MUST be an ultra right winger believing in the "small-town-set" of values?

Hopefully all that will fade away and die out with the current believers.

Peace!

LOL LOL
Sorry HankyPanky... Obama sucks as a president so far, but at least he's continuing Bush's war.

Quote:
Or, here is a novel idea, lets start a war! Wars have got us out of depressions in the past.
Ask, and ye shall receive.

More Than 17,000 Troops Headed to Afghanistan

Quote:
Yeah, funny isn't it. CNN forgot to report on this trivial bit of news.
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

In other news (that's off Randolf's radar), Feinstein was trying to slip something into the spendulous package that would require internet providers to guarantee that child pornography would not be transmitted through them. Sounds nice... BUT this would require ISPs to monitor your network activities, and slow down internet speeds so that packets could be analyzed. And once ISPs see what all us perverts are looking at on transladyboy, they'll probably not be happy with that and shut that down as well. Democrats will probably also want to apply the Fairness Doctrine to the internet as well so they can guarantee that what you're reading is fair and balanced according to them. Feinstein's initial attempt was stopped, but he was looking for other sneaky ways to stick it into the bill. I haven't heard yet if he was successful. No one really knows what other surprises are in that bill.

And if an additional $787 Billion to our debt weren't enough, now Barry wants to spend ANOTHER $50 Billion for people who are defaulting on their loans because ACORN insisted the government should give them the loans. Will the madness ever end? Nah, we're only at the beginning of what is likely going to be the longest 4 years in American history.
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Oh My God!

Did you all see Frontline on PBS? Bernake et. al. are clue less they really have no idea how to deal with this crisis. They are just throwing money at it and hoping it works! God save us!

Well at least we can play with ourselves and dream about ladyboys. We don't need a loan for that unless we want to go to Thailand!
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Treat

Here's a treat for all you Repubs. Yeah I know you don't need to say I told you so.
Attached Thumbnails
r-POST-huge.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Here's a treat for all you Repubs. Yeah I know you don't need to say I told you so.
Well, politics have erupted yet again over that very cartoon you posted. Which everyone with a functioning brain should know combines two simple things -- the sad innocent that happened yesterday where an elderly woman was attacked by an out of control chimpanzee, which police then had to shoot AND the current economic crisis and the bailout bill, which polls show everyone basically hates and really was written by a bunch of dumb monkeys (ie. Congress).

Of course now the Left is out in force and all over talk shows, calling that cartoon a racist slur against Obama (even though the monkey is clearly meant to symbolize EVERYONE that's in government right now), plus they're bitching that the idea of even alluding to him being a chimp is demeaning to the office of the Presidency.

Which I find laugh out loud funny (and utterly hypocritical) since the far Left just spent the last 8 years openly calling and nicknaming Bush "the chimp".

So, I guess it was okay to label Bush a chimp or use images portraying him as a monkey, yet when you call Obama that it becomes grounds for censorship and demanded public apologies and all sorts of pther things. Which brings us full circle to my post above about the laughable idea that today's mainstream media will ever go after Obama fairly versus acting as his perpetual press secretary and protector.
Old 02-18-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Washington Monthly

Signs Of The Times

That the Financial Times has a headline that reads "Greenspan Backs Bank Nationalization" is truly a sign that we live in strange, strange times. Any moment now the sun shall become as black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon shall become as blood, and the stars of heaven shall fall unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind, and the seas shall turn to blood, and we shall hear an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

But in the general amazement, it's important not to lose sight of the fact that Alan Greenspan is not just one of the last people on earth I would have expected to endorse nationalization. He's also one of the people most responsible for the calamity that makes nationalization necessary (though as Yves Smith reminds us, he is not alone.) " "Greenspan Backs Bank Nationalization" is not like "Hayek: Keynes Was Right!". I've been trying to figure out what it is like, and I've come up with a few possibilities:

"Kaiser Wilhelm Backs Surrender To France, Allies:
Wars Of Aggression Wrong, German Monarch Claims"

"Typhoid Mary: Attention To Hygienic Food Preparation Vital To Public Health"

"Mao Zedong Backs Privatization:
'Great Leap Forward' An Act Of Idiotic Hubris That Cost Millions Of Lives For No Earthly Reason, Dictator Concedes
Backyard Smelters 'Particularly Boneheaded'"

"Sherman To Atlanta: Oops! My Bad!"

"Alaric: Great Cities Should Be Left Unmolested:
'I Liked Rome Better Before We Sacked It', Visigoth Laments"

"Satan Backs Christ's Effort To Redeem Mankind On Cross:
Regrets Involvement In Fall"

So what do the Repubs think of this?
Old 02-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
So, I guess it was okay to label Bush a chimp or use images portraying him as a monkey, yet when you call Obama that it becomes grounds for censorship and demanded public apologies and all sorts of pther things. Which brings us full circle to my post above about the laughable idea that today's mainstream media will ever go after Obama fairly versus acting as his perpetual press secretary and protector.
Thou shalt not criticize Obama. That is illustrated in the mainstream media where hardly anyone noticed that Obama sent over 17000 troops to Afghanistan. And certainly no one here has criticized this when if Bush had done it, he would be called everything from Warmonger to Hitler.

There's also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyTimes
"Even as it pulls back from harsh interrogations and other sharply debated aspects of George W. Bush's 'war on terrorism,' the Obama administration is quietly signaling continued support for other major elements of its predecessor's approach to fighting al-Qaeda. In little-noticed confirmation testimony recently, Obama nominees endorsed continuing the CIA's program of transferring prisoners to other countries without legal rights, and indefinitely detaining terrorism suspects without trials even if they were arrested far from a war zone. The administration has also embraced the Bush legal team's arguments that a lawsuit by former C.I.A. detainees should be shut down based on the 'state secrets' doctrine. It has also left the door open to resuming military commission trials."
Not to mention the troops he's committed to Afghanistan. Of course, I have no problem with this, but where is the outrage from all the peaceniks here? I guess it goes back to the Golden Rule: Thou Shalt Not Criticize Obama
Old 02-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
But in the general amazement, it's important not to lose sight of the fact that Alan Greenspan is not just one of the last people on earth I would have expected to endorse nationalization. He's also one of the people most responsible for the calamity that makes nationalization necessary (though as Yves Smith reminds us, he is not alone.)
Greenspan says it's necessary to temporarily nationalize some banks. And says "I understand that once in a hundred years this is what you do."

As for his responsibility in the calamity. What did he do? Force Freddie and Fannie to make loans available to people who couldn't afford them? No... that was Carter & Clinton.
Old 02-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default News

Latest news from Transmicro.

Dr. Lotta Cummings recently returned from Thailand and reported on her research. She analyzed the IQ of visitors to ladyboys before and after imbibing in ladyboy cum for several days. To her amazement, she found that IQ increased significantly after consuming ladyboy cum.

It occurred to me that this might be the solution to our problems in Washington. We should arrange for Hank to send a planeload of ladyboys to Washington for the exclusive use of politicians.
Old 02-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

There's a woman in my town who can't pay her mortgage. ACORN is coming to her rescue and organizing a sit in and saying she does not have to be evicted. Apparently they think the bank should just eat that loss. If banks can't depend on getting loans paid off, they might stop making loans. Oh wait... that's what was already happening. Let's see... who was behind that the first time? Oh yeah ACORN. The ones who are eligible for a 4 Billion dollar atta-boy from Obama's spendulous package.

Let's make a new welfare program... let's have the government start bailing out people who can't pay their mortgage. Gee now, what effect do you think that will have on the economy? Well Obama wants to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxNews
Obama's $275 billion program offers $75 billion in incentives to lenders to lower payments by at-risk homeowners to 31 percent of their income. The other $200 billion would be drawn from money approved by last year's Congress to bolster efforts by federal lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to offer affordable mortgages and bring stability to the housing market.
That's right. A new multi-hundred billion dollar bailout package. And no, we don't have that money either.

10-05-08
Quote:
Hey, if Obama is elected, do you think he'll tell mortgage companies to stop making bad loans to minorities? LOL fat chance. Then of course, he'll raise taxes on businesses, so all these factors combine into sort of a perfect storm for financial disaster. So this is only the beginning.
Anyone listening to me yet?
Old 02-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
There's a woman in my town who can't pay her mortgage. ACORN is coming to her rescue and organizing a sit in and saying she does not have to be evicted. Apparently they think the bank should just eat that loss. If banks can't depend on getting loans paid off, they might stop making loans. Oh wait... that's what was already happening. Let's see... who was behind that the first time? Oh yeah ACORN. The ones who are eligible for a 4 Billion dollar atta-boy from Obama's spendulous package.

Let's make a new welfare program... let's have the government start bailing out people who can't pay their mortgage. Gee now, what effect do you think that will have on the economy? Well Obama wants to find out.

That's right. A new multi-hundred billion dollar bailout package. And no, we don't have that money either.

10-05-08

Anyone listening to me yet?
So do you have a better idea?
Oh sure, people can sleep in their cars, but what if they have lost their car? Oh, to hell with them they are too stupid to worry about, let them find some cardboard to sleep under. After all we are a "poor" country, we cant afford to take care of ugh, poor people, its all their own fault anyway. Sighing on to easy loans on houses that would gain in value. After all the smartest people in the country believed that, even the great guru Mr. Greenspan believed it. Why should we question all that wisdom, I'm just a poor working stiff who wants a roof over my head.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Agreed, I thought that's what Obama is trying to do, provide cash to get businesses going again.

Oh, by the way, I LIKE your new avatar!
Yes, Tracy's avatar is, indeed, cute... unfortunately her political views are not...

Obama is trying his best to clean up the Republican mess after eight years of insanely incompetent, corrupt and war-mongering policies. And obviously the Reps sit back and smile and think "how can YOU clean it up...?"

It may take a little while, but we're on the way, not least because President Obama acknowledges the fact that we're in this together. Geo and Dick only thought of their own wealth, not their country's (and certainly not the world's). They were the most dangerous administration that your country has ever had.

But the scorned Reps and hard core conservatives will for ever plead their lost case... keep in mind that their intellectual base is Hannity, Lambaugh, Wolfowitch and their kind... so what can we do? Not exactly rational ppl with a wish to move forward... but I guess that's what conservatism is all about... let's NOT move any where if not backwards.

F****** fascists!

H
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Sighing on to easy loans on houses that would gain in value. After all the smartest people in the country believed that, even the great guru Mr. Greenspan believed it. Why should we question all that wisdom, I'm just a poor working stiff who wants a roof over my head.
You still haven't explained Greenspan's role in the financial crisis. Bush has been trying to warn congress starting in 2001 with this:
The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity."

And repeatedly warned congress throughout his 2 terms. He warned them 17 times in 2008 alone. Democrats continued to say Fannie & Freddie were fine right up until they collapsed. Perhaps it was those "smart people" you were listening to?

Quote:
So do you have a better idea?
Oh sure, people can sleep in their cars, but what if they have lost their car? Oh, to hell with them they are too stupid to worry about, let them find some cardboard to sleep under. After all we are a "poor" country, we cant afford to take care of ugh, poor people, its all their own fault anyway.
If anyone, from the US government down to Joe Blow, has financial problems and debt, you need to cut spending. The republican congress and Bush both had problems with this. $261 billion of our 2008 budget goes towards interest on the debt. So you need to cut spending. Quit living beyond your means, or else the debt will obviously continue to grow. And you'll have to cut it drastically just to be able to actually start reducing the debt. That's not what Obama wants to do though. His solution is to go orders of magnitude beyond the overspending that the republicans have done. Which will lead to hyper-inflation.

The American people are not too stupid to earn a living. But increasingly they have been getting too lazy, and they've been able to pull off being lazy because the democrats will side with them and say ohh poor us. We need a hand out. And increasingly the lazy are getting hand outs. Being lazy works for them. And it's working for that lazy idiot in my town who has ACORN flocking to her rescue.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Debt?

Ahem! Who created all this current debt?
If anyone, from the US government down to Joe Blow, has financial problems and debt, you need to cut spending. The republican congress and Bush both had problems with this. $261 billion of our 2008 budget goes towards interest on the debt. So you need to cut spending. Quit living beyond your means, or else the debt will obviously continue to grow. And you'll have to cut it drastically just to be able to actually start reducing the debt.

Also, it was not Milton Friedman who created this mess but his fiscal philosophy that dominated the Chicago school of economics in the 50s and 60s. The naive belief that capitalism can automatically regulate and control itself without government regulation. There is absolutely no evidence in history to support that belief. Capitalism is the way to generate wealth, no doubt. However, it must be carefully regulated to prevent excessive speculation and criminals like Madoff from screwing things up. Granted, when the good times roll every body wants to get into the act and commonsense goes out the window. The encouragement of low income people to buy houses was not a bad idea in itself, IF carefully regulated. The illusion that housing values would go up forever is what messed up the system. Greenspan further encouraged the speculation by keeping the Feds interest rate too low. The final problem is the innovative creation of bundled securities that nobody really understood and were completely unregulated. Greenspan had no idea how the financial risk was spiraling out of control.
Anyway, we are all in this together!

A democrat decided to buy a used car and went to a dealer who happened to be a republican. The dealer showed the democrat a car and they took it out for a test drive. The democrat took over driving and as they started to cross a railroad track the car stalled. The democrat was frantically trying to get the car started as a train bore down on them. The republican salesman said, forget about getting the car started, I am a republican and I believe the train will stop before it hits us.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

Some people are starting to figure it out.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

Some people are starting to figure it out.
Its a big problem to bail out our neighbors with billions but it was not a problem to spend billions destroying Iraq and killing thousands of our boys and Iraq citizens?
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

You think we should bail out the crooked bankers and wall street first?
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You think we should bail out the crooked bankers and wall street first?
Those guys should all be in jail!
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Those guys should all be in jail!
But they are not. They are in the Carribean on a beach, writing checks to the Democrat National Committee.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
But they are not. They are in the Carribean on a beach, writing checks to the Democrat National Committee.
Franny get your gun, we are going after them.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A democrat decided to buy a used car and went to a dealer who happened to be a republican. The dealer showed the democrat a car and they took it out for a test drive. The democrat took over driving and as they started to cross a railroad track the car stalled. The democrat was frantically trying to get the car started as a train bore down on them. The republican salesman said, forget about getting the car started, I am a republican and I believe the train will stop before it hits us.
Of course, the ACTUAL punchline to this story being...

With the train's warning horn honking again and again, the Republican finally did have the brains to step out of the car. Why? Because a fucking train was bearing down on them and he realized it was the only sane thing to do.

Meanwhile, the Democrat continued to just sit in the car because he felt the car breaking down wasn't his fault. Even though this was the car HE examined on the lot and HE picked to drive and even though HE was the one driving it.

So, true to his political beliefs and even with a goddamn freight train bearing down on him -- its warning horn STILL repeatedly blowing -- the Democrat was more than willing to sit there, arms folded across his chest like a spoiled child having a temper tantrum, till somebody ELSE came along and GAVE him a new car or till somebody ELSE came along and THEY PAID for repairing his car or till somebody ELSE came along and got behind his car and using THEIR sweat and effort pushed him out of the way -- all while he continued to sit comfortably in the car, putting in no effort at all on his part.

Because in the end, why should the Democrat have the simple common sense to open the car door and get out himself when he can get somebody else to do it for him?
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Yeah, gotta love Obama feeling our pain.
Hey, Big O, how about paying some of your OWN bills?
Or will my tax dollars go to bailing YOU out as well?

CHICAGO SUN-TIMES
February 20, 2009

Chicago has yet to recoup the $1.74 million cost of President Obama's victory celebration in Grant Park -- despite a burgeoning $50.5 million budget shortfall that threatens more layoffs and union concessions.

"The Democratic National Committee has not yet paid us,'' Peter Scales, a spokesman for the city's Office of Budget and Management, said Thursday after questions from the Chicago Sun-Times. "We're reaching out to them this week."

Stacie Paxton, a spokeswoman for the Obama-controlled DNC, explained the reimbursement delay by saying, "We are still looking at various costs and bills.'' She would not say whether parts of the bill are disputed.

The city spent $1 million on police protection for the rally. The Office of Emergency Management and Communications racked up more than $120,000 in expenses, including $19,500 paid to police official Neil Sullivan to quarterback election night logistics.

In late October, Mayor Daley assured that the cash-flush Obama campaign would reimburse the city for every penny spent on the rally. "We have a financial crisis," he said at the time. "The City of Chicago could not afford $2 million on this because we're gonna be laying off people, cutting back. That [cost] would really be unfortunate. It's a huge cost to the City of Chicago.

"This is not a presidential visit. This is a political event, and they've agreed to pay for all those services -- all the expenses of that. ... It's costly, but they raised quite a bit of money. There's no [shortage] of money in that campaign."

The day after the Nov. 4 election, Daley was asked again whether the Obama campaign would pay up.

"Yeah. I don't know why you're so negative. What is this? He just won for president, and you say, 'He's not gonna pay his bills,' " the mayor said then.

On Dec. 9, the day the Sun-Times disclosed the $1.74 million tab, Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt referred questions to the DNC. Paxton confirmed then that the rally was a "DNC-sponsored event" and that the party was discussing the itemized bill with the city.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Franny get your gun we are going to the Caribbean.
Old 02-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Dear CommonDreamer,

When Congress passed the George W. Bush $700 billion bank bailout plan, the goal was to rescue our banking system by propping up the banks that deregulation had allowed to become 'too big to fail.' We now know that the bailed out banks didn't use our money to start lending more - rather they paid out big bonuses to executives and bailed out the banks' shareholders. In return for our money the American people got nothing.

We, the people, became majority owners in many of the major banks. But we have no voice in the way the banks are run. If taxpayers are footing the bill for rescuing the banks, why shouldn't we get ownership, at least until private buyers can be found?

Nobel laureate economist Paul Krugman calls this a "a classic exercise in 'lemon socialism': taxpayers bear the cost if things go wrong, but stockholders and executives get the benefits if things go right."

Yes, we get f++++d regardless who is in the Whitehouse.
Old 02-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Gaza

On top of everything else we are now going to spend $600 million dollars in Gaza to repair what the Israelis did! FuXXXXXed again!
Old 02-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WTH???
1. It's not our responsibility to magically solve all the world's problems.
2. The Palestinians brought the destruction on themselves by breaking the cease fire. They're responsible for their predicament.
3. Why can't the Palestinians make the repairs? If they can't afford to, what's the difference? We can't either!

Will the Obama administration please, for once, do something that makes sense?!
Old 02-23-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
On top of everything else we are now going to spend $600 million dollars in Gaza to repair what the Israelis did! FuXXXXXed again!
Quote:
WTH???
1. It's not our responsibility to magically solve all the world's problems.
2. The Palestinians brought the destruction on themselves by breaking the cease fire. They're responsible for their predicament.
3. Why can't the Palestinians make the repairs? If they can't afford to, what's the difference? We can't either!

Will the Obama administration please, for once, do something that makes sense?!
I hate to break it to you both, but you'd better get used to MORE of this happening in the days, weeks, months and years to come, especially with Obama in office and the rest of the world -- especially socialists -- SO in love with him and feeling he's some sort of cult figure. Or as conservative columnist Michelle Malkin correctly notes, we now live in the age of a "savior based economy."

So what's next? A Global New Deal? Gee, guess who Europe and other poor countries 'round the world are gonna expect to pick up the tab for THIS one!

CNN
February 22, 2009

BERLIN, Germany (CNN) -- The world needs a "global New Deal" to haul it out of the economic crisis it faces, Prime Minister Gordon Brown of the United Kingdom said Sunday.

"We need a global New Deal -- a grand bargain between the countries and continents of this world -- so that the world economy can not only recover but... so the banking system can be based on... best principles," he said, referring to the 1930s American plan to fight the Great Depression. Brown was speaking as the leaders of Europe's biggest economies met to try to forge a common position on the global financial crisis ahead of a major summit in London in April.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said the world's response to the global financial meltdown had to be profound and long-lasting, not just tinkering around the edges. "Europe wants to see an overhaul of the system. We all agree on that. We're not talking about superficial measures now or transitional measures -- we're talking about structural measure, which need to be taken," he said.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the host of the meeting, urged nations of the world to work together to fight the problem. "Confidence can only be restored if people in our countries feel that we are pulling in the same direction and have understood that we really must learn lessons from this crisis," she said.

** Translation: America will pay for this!

And she proposed that a new institution grow out of the crisis, "which will take on more responsibility for global [financial] mechanisms."

** Translation: But the EU will be in charge and America has to do what we say!

The Europeans say they have agreed international financial markets must be regulated more thoroughly. That also means stricter rules for hedge funds and credit-rating agencies. European and world leaders have been holding frequent summits as they struggle to cope with a financial crisis that has affected banks, homeowners, businesses and employees around the world.
advertisement

London will host a meeting of the Group of 20 nations in April. The G-20 includes the G-7 leading industrialized nations -- Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States -- as well as the world's largest developing economies: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea and Turkey, plus the European Union. The managing director of the International Monetary Fund and the president of the World Bank, plus the chairs of the International Monetary and Financial Committee and Development Committee of the IMF and World Bank, also participate in G-20 meetings.
Old 02-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

This is like we're all on a passenger jet, in stormy weather, over the water, and rather than Captain Sullenberger at the helm, there's a 6 year old up there.
Old 02-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
This is like we're all on a passenger jet, in stormy weather, over the water, and rather than Captain Sullenberger at the helm, there's a 6 year old up there.
Well, the big question is how will the markets react to his speech tonight?

Yesterday, the markets dropped 250 points in a giant sell-off. Today, the markets rebounded as investors picked up assorted things, feeling a bit more at ease that Obama is not looking to nationalize the banks -- even though the White House has given every indication THAT option is still on the table. In fact, I don't know why anyone would think it's off the table. For crying out loud, right now Citibank is actually asking the government to step in and buy up more of its common shares.

So, all day people and commentators on the financial shows have been saying one of two things is going to happen. Either Obama will give an "okay" speech tonight and calm SOME fears and the market will continue on, trying to rebound naturally...a bit up...a big down...back and forth till it finally equalizes over a long period of time...

...OR others are predicting if his speech talks too much about far reaching government programs (and thus further spending) that he still wants to ram through right now (like universal health care) that tomorrow morning you could see one of the biggest sell-offs in history because Wall Street will basically be running for the hills.

Oh, and with tonight's speech Obama needs to earn back the American people's sense of good will and the sense of "hope" he ran on. While I know people like Hank (who is overseas) adore and love Obama, here at home in the latest national poll Obama has dropped yet another 10 points in terms of his Job Approval rating. So right now only 59% of the American people...and dropping...think he's doing a good job.
Old 02-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default God?

Obama is not God, he does not have a magic wand to wave around and solve this crisis. He has only been in office a few weeks for Peat's sake! He not only has to deal with Repubs. who voted AGAINST the largest tax cut in history but lobbyists determined to hold on to lucrative connections between capitalists and Congress. No one can solve this alone, it will take a concerted effort of all of us to dig ourselves out of this hole. Its time to "flush Rush" and learn how to cooperate!
Old 02-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No one can solve this alone, it will take a concerted effort of all of us to dig ourselves out of this hole.
Its time to "flush Rush" and learn how to cooperate!
"flush Rush"? Well, since you like catchy rhyming phrases,
I assume in that same spirit of "cooperation" the Left is willing to "ban Olbermann"?
Old 02-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I assume in that same spirit of "cooperation" the Left is willing to "ban Olbermann"?
Well Olberman seems to do a pretty good job of pointing out all of the misleading information and downright lies Ann Coulter spews out. Anyway, we would probably be better off without all of the media windbags.
Old 02-25-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Why is Talk Radio only a right wing success story? Could it be that no one is intersted in the left or no one wants to sponsor it? Duh!
Old 02-25-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No one can solve this alone, it will take a concerted effort of all of us to dig ourselves out of this hole.
Its time to "flush Rush" and learn how to cooperate!
Quote:
Quote:
Well Olberman seems to do a pretty good job of pointing out all of the misleading information and downright lies Ann Coulter spews out.

LMAO! So much for cooperation.
That was short-lived!

Fine, keep mad dog Keith. We'll keep Rush.
Now we're right back where we started!
Closed Thread