Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 11-24-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Here are the scores from last night's games(lots of 'em!)

1. Nashville beat Detroit 3-1. Again, Detroit has not been able to score goals since that two-game period where they scored a ton of them. Nashville has won 6 straight and Detroit is still struggling to score goals.

2. The Islanders beat Toronto 4-3 in overtime. I am not really too angry about this loss(except for Toskala reverting to his pylon ways in the 2nd period). The Leafs had over 60 shots for the game, and came back from down 3-0! They also got a point, which was better than nothing.

3. The Rangers smoked Columbus 7-4! Gaborik had 2 goals and 2 assists, and even Sean Avery had 2 goals! Mason looked like garbage again(he is certainly not playing like he did last year when he won the Calder trophy) and the defense was non-existent.

4. Ottawa beat Washington 4-3 in overtime. Washington lost, Ovechkin did not get a goal, so there are some positives. I am still not a fan of Ottawa though, so I would have been satisfied if they had lost also.

5. Pittsburgh beat Florida 3-2 in overtime. Fleury looked half-decent in net for a change. He's been decidedly average the last little while. Florida's first loss in a while.

6. Boston beat St. Louis 4-2. Lucic got another point tonight, so he doesn't appear to be showing any ill-effects from missing a fair amount of time due to injury. Rask started in goal again, so Thomas is definitely injured.

7. Dallas beat Carolina 2-0. Looks like Carolina poor offense reared it's ugly head again. Are they going to be able to right the ship again, or will they start another lengthy losing streak?(The Leaf fan in me hopes they do!)

8. Colorado beat Philadelphia 5-4. That is now three losses in a row for Philly. I don't think this streak will last too much longer, but it certainly is puzzling why they are struggling so badly right now(no significant injuries except for Gagne and he wasn't producing before going on IR).

9. Edmonton beat Phoenix 4-0. A good way to start a winning streak.

10. Anaheim beat Calgary 3-2 in the shootout(only one this evening, thank goodness!). Iginla got another goal and Corey Perry is continuing with his point-a-game pace.

Another night done, another few tears shed(darn Leafs!).
Old 11-24-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Ila, even though I know you are a Montreal fan and could be biased(but I don't think you are), what is your opinion on the George Larroque(sp?) hit on Kronwall that took him out for 4-8 weeks. Do you think it was deliberate or just a accident like he says? I have not seen the hit so I cannot pass judgement.
Quote:
Laraque got a 5 game suspension, Ila.
Hi shadows. I've gone through the sports pages of the local newspapers and I've looked for clips of the the hit and out of all this all I could find was news about the five game suspension.

I asked around work and no one knew too much about it. I'm going to have to say that if it was deliberate then Laraque deserves the suspension and possibly even longer. If it wasn't a deliberate hit then he didn't deserve any suspension at all. Knee on knee hits can be career enders and I would hope that no player would deliberately hit another player in such a fashion. Knee on knee can also easily be accidental so I hope Campbell reviewed a video of the whole game before he came to a decision.
Old 11-24-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Hi shadows. I've gone through the sports pages of the local newspapers and I've looked for clips of the the hit and out of all this all I could find was news about the five game suspension.

I asked around work and no one knew too much about it. I'm going to have to say that if it was deliberate then Laraque deserves the suspension and possibly even longer. If it wasn't a deliberate hit then he didn't deserve any suspension at all. Knee on knee hits can be career enders and I would hope that no player would deliberately hit another player in such a fashion. Knee on knee can also easily be accidental so I hope Campbell reviewed a video of the whole game before he came to a decision.
I think someone(dauls?) mentioned that there was a clip of the hit up at tsn.ca. You could check there if you wanted to.

Speaking of suspensions, it looks like Daniel Briere of Philadelphia has been suspended for two games for a late hit. Jen won't be too impressed with that I think, especially since they have lost three straight games.
Old 11-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Late hit my
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-24-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Late hit my
Flyersfan Jen
I guess I was correct with my assessment on how Jen would react.

I have not seen it, but read about it on NHL.com.
Old 11-24-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

It was a bad call on the refs part had i been the ref i wouldn't have called it at all as it was part of the game a little hitting is all part of the game and should not be called unless it's a brawl or a stick gets jamned yp someone's butt
Flyersfan Jen
Old 11-25-2009
Dark Overlord

One game last night, so it will make my post an easy one.

Montreal beat Columbus 5-3. Columbus is reeling right now. They had the lead, but totally fell apart in the third period! Well, serves 'em right I guess. Ila will be doing the happy shuffle(he can't dance, after all) now!
Old 11-26-2009
Dark Overlord

Nonsense dauls! There is no such thing as offtopic in this thread(unless it is non-sports related:D). Tennis is great, and I actually enjoy playing it during the nice weather.

Onto the scores from last night. A lot of people will be happy here, but alas, one of us will be crying into his milk(does a polar bear even drink milk?) ).

1. New Jersey beat Ottawa 3-1. It finally looks like New Jersey has righted their ship. dauls will be happy.

2. Philadelphia beat the Islanders 2-1. A closer score than I thought it would be, but at least Philly won. Their mini-losing streak is over. Jennifer will be happy.

3. Washington beat Buffalo 2-0. While Jen is probably angry that the Capitals won, she should take solace that if the NHL has any sense of fair play then Ovechkin should be suspended for his boarding penalty last night which garnered him a Game Misconduct(which tossed him from the game!).

4. Toronto beat Tampa Bay 4-3(in REGULATION TIME, BABY!!!!). Since you and I are both happy about this score, did you care to dance with me Jen. *does the happy dance*

5. Pittsburgh beat Montreal 3-1. No fault of Price's. The offense disappeared. Again. Ila will not be pleased.

6. The Rangers beat Florida 2-1 in the shootout. I was less than five minutes away from getting 7 points for a Lundqvist shutout. Why could they have not kept the tying goal out of the net!?!?!?

7. Atlanta beat Detroit 2-0. Pavelec played well again. Detroit's offense vanished for the third(fourth?) straight game.

8. Boston beat Minnesota 2-1 in the shootout. Oh joy. Another shootout.

9. St. Louis beat Dallas 4-3 in the shootout. How about that? Another shootout!

10. Nashville beat Colorado 4-3 in overtime. At least it wasn't another shootout. Nashville is HOT right now.

11. Calgary beat Phoenix 2-1. Darn it! I need the Bryzgalov points for a win! Why couldn't you win for me?

12. LA beat Edmonton 3-1. Khabibulin did not play again, so he has to be hurt. I do not know what the injury is, though.

13. Anaheim beat Carolina 3-2. Yay! We passed Carolina in the standings! Also, Eric Staal made his return to the Carolina lineup and got an assist.

14. Chicago crushed San Jose 7-2. Hossa made his return and got 2 goals. A sign of things to come for the rest of the year, or just making the most of an off night for San Jose?

That is it for the scores. It was a busy night!
Old 11-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Watched the Blackhawk-Sharks game. The Blackhawks played as if it was a playoff game and the Sharks played as if it was, well a playoff game. The first two periods where played entirely in the sharks end, they made soft passes that were intercepted and when they did get the puck out of their end, had to shoot the it deep for a line change. Hawks first two goals were both short handed. Nabakof (sp) actually played well for the first half of the game. Hawks were the much better team.
Old 11-26-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
Watched the Blackhawk-Sharks game. The Blackhawks played as if it was a playoff game and the Sharks played as if it was, well a playoff game. The first two periods where played entirely in the sharks end, they made soft passes that were intercepted and when they did get the puck out of their end, had to shoot the it deep for a line change. Hawks first two goals were both short handed. Nabakof (sp) actually played well for the first half of the game. Hawks were the much better team.
I also think that Chicago scored either 3 or 4 short-handed goals in a row. That is some really crappy PP'ing on San Jose's part!
Old 11-27-2009
Dark Overlord

Only two games last night.

1. Ottawa beat Columbus 2-1. At least Columbus didn't get blown away this time.

2. Vancouver beat LA 4-1. Vancouver exploded for 3 goals in the third period to claim victory.

It'll be a busy weekend!
Old 11-27-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

playing football with a round ball now that's silly
Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Wow. It's been a while since I've updated this thread. Anyone miss the updates?

Since not everyone has access to live action with regards to hockey(since not everyone lives in North America), I'll even update the scores for games from last Friday to last night.

FRIDAY NOV 27th's SCORES

1. New Jersey beat Boston 2-1 in the shootout. While it is nice that the Devils won, I am sure it would have been better had they won before regulation ended.

2. Buffalo beat Philadelphia 4-2. The main problem for Philly is that they are not able to score goals right now. I have also heard a lot of rumours that the players are tuning out their Head Coach(Stevens) and that changes may be happening on that front. If a Coach has lost the locker room, then that is usually the end of the line for the Coach.

3. The Islanders beat Pittsburgh 3-2. A bit of a shocker since Pittsburgh is so good, but the Islanders are a much better team than they were last year so it isn't a total surprise.

4. Minnesota beat Colorado 5-3. Colorado needs to wake up!

5. Anaheim beat Chicago 3-0. Getting shut out the first game after winning eight straight games is a little bit of a reality check I would say!

6. Atlanta beat Carolina 6-4. Carolina had a 4-1 lead going into the 3rd period, but fell apart in the end, giving up 5 unanswered goals. Ugly game!

7. Calgary beat Detroit 3-0. Apparently there was a goal for Detroit that was disallowed that should have counted, but as I did not see it I cannot say for certain if there is truth to this or if it just sour grapes by Detroit fans.

8. Tampa Bay beat the Rangers 5-1. The Rangers are in a tailspin right now. Their defense, goaltending, and offense(besides Gaborik and not counting the upcoming 7 goal game) is struggling. Heads will roll sooner rather than later if this keeps up.

9. Toronto beat Florida 6-4. YEAH!!!!! Kessel got two more goals. Sweet!

10. St. Louis beat Nashville 3-1. First victory for St. Louis in a while.

11. Phoenix beat Dallas 5-2. First time Phoenix has scored that many goals in quite a few games.

12. San Jose beat Edmonton 5-4 in the shootout. Edmonton has far too many injuries to really compete at their talent level and San Jose is a great team right now.

SATURDAY NOV 28th's SCORES

1. New Jersey smoked the Islanders 6-1. Even though the Devil's got bad news(losing Clarkson for 4-6 weeks due to a broken leg due to a Chara slapshot), they still played their A-game.

2. Boston beat Ottawa 4-3 in the shootout. Not a good sign for the night, shootout wise.

3. Buffalo beat Carolina 5-1. Carolina, AGAIN, had a lead going into the 3rd period but decided to fall apart again and give up 5 unanswered goals to Buffalo. Brutal team right now.

4. Washington beat Montreal 4-3 in the shootout. A double shot of bad news for Ila(but there will be some Ovechkin news in my Nov. 30th update!)

5. Atlanta beat Philadelphia 1-0. The Philly offense was shut down again, but it was due to a really hot goalie(Hedberg, returning from a long layoff due to injury). They peppered him with a lot of shots, but were unlucky to not get any past Hedberg.

6. Calgary beat Columbus 4-3 in the shootout. See? Another shootout. And there will be more in this update. *shudder*

7. Pittsburgh totally kicked the Ranger's ass 8-3. The Rangers are falling, falling, falling!

8. Detroit beat St. Louis 4-3(lots of 4-3 scores tonight!) in the, you guessed it, shootout.

9. Nashville beat Florida 4-1. Meh.

10. Dallas beat Tampa Bay 4-3. See? Another 4-3 score. Weird coincidence or something more?

11. Minnesota beat Colorado 3-2 in the shootout. Man, the shootout is like a freaking broken record tonight. Over and over and over and over....

12. Vancouver crushed Edmonton 7-3. Edmonton is floundering.

13. LA beat Chicago 2-1 in the freaking shootout! Thank freaking goodness this is the last game of the night, because I don't want to talk about another freaking shootout! ARGHHHHHHH! Well, at least Chicago didn't get shut out two games in a row...

SUNDAY NOV 29th's SCORES

1. Phoenix beat Anaheim 3-2 in overtime. At least it wasn't a shootout, thank goodness!

2. San Jose beat Vancouver 4-2. Dang. San Jose is good!

MONDAY NOV 30th's SCORES

Here we go! Finally going to get caught up! What is the big news about Ovechkin? Tune in to find out!

1. Buffalo beat Toronto 3-0. Dang it, no 3 game winning streak for my Leafs. At least they played well. Miller(Buffalo goalie) was really strong!

2. Pittsburgh beat the Rangers 5-2. The Rangers lose? Not a shock right now.

3. Washington beat Carolina 3-2. Here is the BIG NEWS. Ovechkin hit Tim Gleason knee-on-knee and left the game with an injury. While I never really want an injury bestowed upon a player, I will say that I feel perhaps he was hit with a little Karma. He has a couple of incidents where he got away with actions that would have warranted a suspension from a "non star" player. He was the one going for the hit, and he was the one who got hurt.

He also got a Game Misconduct penalty a couple of games ago, so it is not like it is his first brush with a potential meeting with Colin (no balls) Campbell.

It is unknown how much time he will miss, but we will find out soon enough I am sure.

4. Atlanta beat Florida 4-3(what, is this Saturday again with all the 4-3 scores?!?). Hedberg got the start again, which is sure to piss off Pavelec since he played so well while Hedberg was injured. Goalie controversies are never good.

5. Columbus beat St. Louis 5-2. Has Columbus finally turned a corner to winning?

6. Colorado beat Tampa Bay 3-0. Dang it! I needed points from St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Stamkos!!!

7. Detroit beat Dallas 4-1. Wings fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as Detroit finally won a game.

8. Calgary beat Nashville 5-0. Kiprusoff's second straight shutout. That sucks for me in the pool. Ugh.

Well, that is it for this long-winded report. Sorry for the delay fellow fans, but I hope you enjoyed reading it. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I couldn't believe Montreal lost to the Capitals in that Saturday night game. In the last fikteen seconds of play, Montreal had a penalty called on them, leaving it a 6 on 4 offense against the Canadiens. They slapped on in to tie the game. Then the freaking shootout. After all of the saves that Price made, he misses the last shot. Depressing.

Still, I'd rather see Montreal lose in a close match (good game) than watch them annhilate the competition where the game is not really as fun to watch.
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I couldn't believe Montreal lost to the Capitals in that Saturday night game. In the last fikteen seconds of play, Montreal had a penalty called on them, leaving it a 6 on 4 offense against the Canadiens. They slapped on in to tie the game. Then the freaking shootout. After all of the saves that Price made, he misses the last shot. Depressing.

Still, I'd rather see Montreal lose in a close match (good game) than watch them annhilate the competition where the game is not really as fun to watch.
And even though it was via the shootout(which fellow Montreal fan Ila hates with a passion!), your team got a point. Heck, that's how my Leafs got the majority of their points so far.
Old 12-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

starting another losing streak so i'll be glad when baseball season starts and hopefully Holliaday from the Bluejays will go to the Phillies
Fltersfan Jen
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
starting another losing streak so i'll be glad when baseball season starts and hopefully Holliaday from the Bluejays will go to the Phillies
Fltersfan Jen
As long as we get some good players in return. I have no illusions that he would stay past next season, so we may as well trade him and rebuild the team.

And I would not give up on your team yet, Jen! There is still a LOT of hockey left to play.
Old 12-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
As long as we get some good players in return. I have no illusions that he would stay past next season, so we may as well trade him and rebuild the team.

And I would not give up on your team yet, Jen! There is still a LOT of hockey left to play.
True but baseball is still my main sport, Believe it or not i use to be in little league i played shortstop i was a good fiejder but horrorable hitter in fact a lot of the team always said i hit like a girl i dout they knew how true they were

Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-01-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

All these comments and score updates, but no mention of Tomas Vokoun getting slashed by his own teammate, Keith Ballard. I have never seen anything like it. Don't think the rules allow for giving him a slashing penalty, but he should have gotten an unsportsman like one. Wonder if he will get a suspension? Anyone have any comments?
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
True but baseball is still my main sport, Believe it or not i use to be in little league i played shortstop i was a good fiejder but horrorable hitter in fact a lot of the team always said i hit like a girl i dout they knew how true they were

Flyersfan Jen
A shortstop that was a good fielder and cannot hit? The Toronto Blue Jays would sign you to a contract for sure! Heck, they did for John McDonald and he is exactly the same. Good glove, no bat.:D
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
All these comments and score updates, but no mention of Tomas Vokoun getting slashed by his own teammate, Keith Ballard. I have never seen anything like it. Don't think the rules allow for giving him a slashing penalty, but he should have gotten an unsportsman like one. Wonder if he will get a suspension? Anyone have any comments?
Thankfully it looks like Vokoun will be okay. They are saying that there is no inner ear damage and besides the laceration near his ear that required stitches, he is totally fine. It has also been said that Vokoun bears no ill-will to Ballard and neither does the rest of the team. There will be no suspension from either the League or the Panthers. I think that is fine, since Ballard will be punishing himself for what he did.

I do not think that Ballard will ever be doing anything like that again.
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Ila! Please don't ban me! It wasn't my fault that Toronto beat Montreal 3-0! I'm just happy that they won a game.

Ban Toskala instead. He deserves it.
Old 12-01-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ila! Please don't ban me! It wasn't my fault that Toronto beat Montreal 3-0! I'm just happy that they won a game.

shadows, maybe you won't get a ban, just a 'two game' suspension.
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
LOL! If I can, you're getting Repped for that!

ETA: Damn! I have to spread it around first. Maybe I can bribe Ila to not "suspend" me.
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Drats! He is un-reppable to me as well! Methinks I'll be seeing the headsman's axe shortly!
Old 12-01-2009
Dark Overlord

Derek Jeter was Sport's Illustrated Male Athlete of the year. I disagree with that choice. While he's a good athlete, the Yankee's didn't need him to win(since they bought everyone else! LOL!). What about Usain Bolt? Roger Federer? There were lots of choices, but I feel there were better ones out there than Derek Jeter.

And if the Jays trade Halliday to the Yankees I will be severely ticked off. It sucks enough that he will probably be traded, but to trade him to a Divisional rival? And one who has an obscene payroll?
Old 12-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

NO NO NO not the Yankees he sould sign with the Phillies
Philliefan Jen
Old 12-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
NO NO NO not the Yankees he sould sign with the Phillies
Philliefan Jen
I could handle that. I don't mind the Phillies.
Old 12-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores for December 1st.

1. Toronto beat Montreal 3-0. I am not going to gloat. I am just happy that they won. It looks like Gustavsson left early due to a high heart rate. They say it isn't anything serious, but I hope they are able to correct the flaw before anything horrible happens.

2. Chicago beat Columbus 4-3 in the shootout. Deja vu? 4-3? Hossa got 2 assists.

3. LA beat Anaheim 4-3. Hmmmm. Another tale of 4-3.

4. San Jose beat Ottawa 5-2. They are on a ROLL!

Small amount of games tonight, so it was a little easier to finish.:D
Old 12-02-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
LOL! If I can, you're getting Repped for that!

ETA: Damn! I have to spread it around first. Maybe I can bribe Ila to not "suspend" me.
I laughed so hard that I couldn't I couldn't hold my mouse still enough to hit the ban button.

Montreal and Toronto shall meet again this season and Toskala will be in his usual form then. Hopefully Montreal knows enough to put the puck high and glove side.

Quote:
Maybe a stern talking to will do it. After all shadows didn't gloat.
Old 12-02-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I laughed so hard that I couldn't I couldn't hold my mouse still enough to hit the ban button.

Montreal and Toronto shall meet again this season and Toskala will be in his usual form then. Hopefully Montreal knows enough to put the puck high and glove side.

Maybe a stern talking to will do it. After all shadows didn't gloat.
Thanks Ila.

I hadn't seen you post in here for a couple of days now, so I thought you may have been on a vacation or something.:D

I am not sure the day that Toskala is coming back from his injury(when his contract is over hopefully?) so I am not sure if he will be in net for their next matchup(when is the game anyhow?). Judging from the fans reactions on tsn.ca, Price did not play a very good game. However, how can he be expected to bail out the poor offense every single game? No bashing going on here, just an honest observation. The offense is horrible!

And it looks like Montreal traded their former 1st round pick(from 2004) Chipera(sp?) to Anaheim for a 4th round pick in the 2011 draft. Perhaps they are clearing some cap space for an upcoming trade?
Old 12-03-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Maybe you're gonna need a bigger ban button installed ahead of the next grudge match

I'm having trouble with NHL.com, they must have a virus.
It says the Canucks beat the Devils 5-2.
Is the same bug affecting your computer?
Old 12-03-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Maybe you're gonna need a bigger ban button installed ahead of the next grudge match

I think the culprits are the too many glasses of Guiness you drank to wash away the pain of the Devils losing to the Canucks.:D

In all seriousness, I was shocked at the outcome. Perhaps Brodeur was still a little too excited from becoming a Dual-Citizen.
Old 12-03-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec. 2nd.

1. Boston beat Tampa Bay 4-1. Boston is really rolling right now, and they have climbed back into the thick of things.

2. Vancouver beat New Jersey 5-2. Even the great goalies have an off day from time to time.

3. Florida beat Colorado 6-5 in the shootout. Not a goaltending duel until the shootout it seems!

4. Minnesota beat Nashville 5-4 in overtime. I wanted Minny to lose so that the Leafs were closer to passing them in the standings(with regards to picks at year's end).

Another light night of hockey.

Tonight the teams for Ila, Jen, and myself play. Hopefully we will all be happy with the end results of the games.
Old 12-03-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Vancouver calls it the good news worm.
Old 12-03-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The first world series i rember watching was the 86 REDSOXS losing to the METS the 88 wotld series with the A'S losing to the DODGERS has to be my second favrite series my dad was a hugh baseball fan so i grew up watching it plus my dad was always buying me packs of baseball cards, The only worse game ever then the 93 series was the 01 NFL playoffs when TAMPABAY beat the EAGLES
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 12-04-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 3rd's games.

1. Buffalo beat Montreal 6-2. The offense did not show up again, as they only managed 23 shots on net. Was Halak a little rusty from not playing in quite a while, or was it just a bad night from the defense? They need to pick up their play otherwise they will be on the outside looking in.

2. Vancouver beat Philadelphia 3-0. There are increasing rumblings that Stevens is going to be fired as head coach. This game will not help him any. I am surprised they are playing like they are! Luongo played a great game, though.

3. Washington beat Florida 6-2. No Ovechkin? No problem it seems!

4. The Islanders beat Atlanta 4-1. Tavares got his first goal in what seems like forever!

5. Toronto beat Columbus 6-3. *does happy dance* They are playing very well right now. They are only about 4-6 points out of being in the thick of things! Kessel got two more goals and now has 10 goals and 5 assists in 15 games. At least this proves that it wasn't due to Savard that he got so many goals last season.

6. Edmonton beat Detroit 4-1. A good win for Edmonton, especially against a team that always plays them tough.

7. Pittsburgh beat Colorado 4-1. Crosby got another 2 goals, which gives him 19 for the year. Looks like another great year from Sid the Kid.

8. Dallas beat Anaheim 3-1. Anaheim also lost Teemu Selanne 4-6 weeks with a broken hand(a shot hit his hand). Not good for a team that is already struggling.

9. Phoenix beat Calgary 2-1. Good. No shutout for Kiprusoff this time.

10. LA beat Ottawa 6-3. Will Kovalev or Spezza ever free themselves from the floating issues they seem to have? Doesn't look like it. I'll bet that Ila is happy that Kovalev no longer plays for Montreal.

11. St. Louis beat San Jose 3-2 in the shootout. St. Louis beat a very good team. Tough to do lately for them it seems. This was also the ONLY game to go beyond regulation time! That doesn't happen very often.
Old 12-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

There's a lot of FLYERS fans already with the tar and feathers and a rail
Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-04-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Here are the scores from Dec 3rd's games.

1. Buffalo beat Montreal 6-2. The offense did not show up again, as they only managed 23 shots on net. Was Halak a little rusty from not playing in quite a while, or was it just a bad night from the defense? They need to pick up their play otherwise they will be on the outside looking in.
It's a rebuilding year, don't you know?
Old 12-04-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It's a rebuilding year, don't you know?
I thought that was my team.:D
Old 12-04-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
There's a lot of FLYERS fans already with the tar and feathers and a rail
Flyersfan Jen
Jen! Are those feathers and some tar that I see you carrying?
Old 12-04-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quickly take foot and shove bucket of tar and feathers behind me Who me?
Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-05-2009

Just four games on Friday, but only two of them were thread-important.

Devils bounce back from the disaster against the Canucks with a 3-2 win over Tampa, the final goal scored with less than 40 seconds to go.

And Montreal 5-1 over Boston... and 4 goals in the 2nd period!!!

Two great NHL games and ESPN-UK showed Cavaliers-Bulls tonight.
Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Quickly take foot and shove bucket of tar and feathers behind me Who me?
Flyersfan Jen
I never worried that you would do that.

I should add that John Stevens did end up getting turfed.
Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Just four games on Friday, but only two of them were thread-important.

Devils bounce back from the disaster against the Canucks with a 3-2 win over Tampa, the final goal scored with less than 40 seconds to go.

Two great NHL games and ESPN-UK showed Cavaliers-Bulls tonight.
Oi! It looks like I have been replaced...

Here are the scores from Dec. 4th's games(included are the ones that dauls mentioned).

1. New Jersey beat Tampa Bay 3-2. It was a really close game! Tampa tied it up with 3 minutes left in the third, but New Jersey scored with less than a minute to go. Good game.

2. Montreal beat Boston 5-1. Price was in net again and the results were there. He played well again. Poor guy lost his shutout again. He hasn't picked one up yet this season but he's due! Thomas did not play well, and Montreal took advantage. They need to keep up this kind of scoring to show that they have gotten out of their funk.

3. Minnesota beat Anaheim 5-4 in the shootout. Anaheim is playing poorly right now, which is good for my Leafs so they can leapfrog them in the standings(with regards to the lottery pick).

4. Nashville beat Chicago 4-1. Not really as much of a surprise as you would think as Nashville is playing well this year.

A lot more games on tap for today!
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

interal is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to beholdinteral is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oi! It looks like I have been replaced...

Here are the scores from Dec. 4th's games(included are the ones that dauls mentioned).

1. New Jersey beat Tampa Bay 3-2. It was a really close game! Tampa tied it up with 3 minutes left in the third, but New Jersey scored with less than a minute to go. Good game.
That's it shadows, stop dauls from stealing your round-up role , he even left out two games, thats bad form.

Frustrating Friday night, no hockey on ESPN over here, I'm not working today so I could've watched a full game.

But it was nice to see the Devils back to winning ways after that poor result earlier in the week.
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Quote:
2. Montreal beat Boston 5-1. Price was in net again and the results were there. He played well again. Poor guy lost his shutout again. He hasn't picked one up yet this season but he's due! Thomas did not play well, and Montreal took advantage. They need to keep up this kind of scoring to show that they have gotten out of their funk.
*does happy dance*
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Does it bother anyone besides me that there are NHL teams in places where the weather doesn't produce ice for skating? Just sayin' ...
Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by interal View Post
That's it shadows, stop dauls from stealing your round-up role , he even left out two games, thats bad form.

Frustrating Friday night, no hockey on ESPN over here, I'm not working today so I could've watched a full game.

But it was nice to see the Devils back to winning ways after that poor result earlier in the week.
Two UK Devils fans? Pretty cool.

Thanks for being in my corner! That dauls is trying to steal my thunder, he is! Thanks for the Rep as well.

A game that is complete today(I'll have a complete report when I get home from work at 7am) is a complete shocker. Carolina beat Vancouver 5-3! Carolina! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It was Raycrap in net for Vancouver after all.
Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
*does happy dance*
It's nice to be able to do that again, isn't it?