Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > TS Dating and Cam-to-Cam > Travelling
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 03-09-2012
Junior Ladyboy Lover

StephenC is on a distinguished road
Default Meeting Girlfriend in Manila

Hello,

After 3 years of talking online I have finally managed to afford to visit my girlfriend in Manila.

I wondered if anyone had any information that may help make the trip even better?

My girl lives in a very rough area with an equally rough brother, have told her I do not want to visit her there, does anyone know a good safe hotel I can book? somewhere in good part of town but has no problem with my gf visiting and staying with me during my stay?

Any help will be really gratefully received, not going for about 3 months so have time.

Thanks

Stephen
Old 03-09-2012
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Guly_French is on a distinguished road

My first advice about the Philippines : DON'T ACT LIKE THE AVERAGE TOURIST !

You'll notice many white people there going for spending a few days with a full time rented girl and they only thing rivaling how disgusting they are is how down they are looked at by the locals.

You'll be seen as rich. So don't fear to go melt with the people and get friendly. Eat in the little shops in the streets. That's where I found teh most friendly guys ever in my life.

I don't know much about Manila because I only stayed a couple of nights there before moving north to Banaue and hike in the rice teraces. If she never went there, it can be a nice trip to do with your girlfriend. Go to Banaue (9 hours of night bus with the AC on and very cold, take a blanket), and then have a guide to tour you to Batad (ask for Justin, he is a nice guy). But don't be afraid to walk, these are not easy hiking trips.

In Manila, I stayed in Jorge Bocobo street. The Golden Mango is a fine hotel and cheap (1,200 PHP - about 20? - for a night with a hot shower in the bedroom). It's nice and not taht much touristic, though it's starting to change this way. I think it's a good compromise between the tourists areas and the true face of the city.

I hope this helps.

And once again : never EVER act like you're king of the world because you come from a wealthier country. Be humble. You have everything to gain from the people there.
Old 05-21-2012
Junior Ladyboy Lover

fuzzybad is on a distinguished road
Default Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
After 3 years of talking online I have finally managed to afford to visit my girlfriend in Manila.
Congrats! I also have a girlfriend in Manila and have been there several times. The Philippines is a very nice country, despite the poverty and pollution which is found in Manila. In addition to the excellent comments from the other poster to this thread, I suggest getting out of the city. The provinces are beautiful and the people are generally quite friendly. Most people speak English to some degree, and the exchange rate is favorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
My girl lives in a very rough area with an equally rough brother, have told her I do not want to visit her there, does anyone know a good safe hotel I can book? somewhere in good part of town but has no problem with my gf visiting and staying with me during my stay?
Just curious, what part of the city does she live in? My girl lives in Makati, it's very dense but isn't more dangerous than any other city. Anyway, I agree that you should rent a hotel. I recommend GoHotels, they have reasonably priced rooms which are clean. We once stayed at the Great Eastern hotel in Makati, which was cheaper but the place is old and not well maintained. There are Western hotel chains (for example Holiday Inn) in Manila but they are quite expensive.

Regardless, I suggest getting out of the city for a few days. Manila is fun, there are good restaurants and malls but you really need to visit the provinces to see the beauty of the Philippines. I suggest booking a resort through agoda.com. One nice place to go is Puerto Galera, it's only a few hours by bus and a short boat ride from Manila.

Have a great trip & stay safe.