Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold
Default Alaska sued by transgender woman over driver's license

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_902203.html

So the transgender woman has her sex/gender listed as female on other documents like her passport. The state of Alaska initially listed her sex/gender as female but then rescinded that license and reissued a license listing the sex as male. The ACLU is suing the state on behalf of the woman. The state is wanting documentation that the woman has undergone sexual reassignment surgery prior to changing the listed sex.

While I can certainly appreciate the woman's desire to be listed as female, I don't feel like her rights have been violated. Sex and gender are two separate concepts. The woman may indeed identify as the female gender; however, barring sexual reassignment surgery, the woman clearly still possesses a male sexual assignment. I believe the state is well within its right to demand documentation of SRS having been undergone before changing the sex assignment on the license.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

KittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to behold

Drivers licenses really don't matter to anyone lol, why the state or anyone should care if a transwoman wants to be marked as Female on the license doesn't matter to them. Birth certificates and health insurance info, sure, post ops can change it but a drivers license or ID is most often used by liquour stores, cigarette vendors and sometimes when I buy spraypaint at Wal-Mart. Cops use it too I guess, when I ever run into them and I present female, so a license should match that so I don't get the deliberate "sir" from the dick cops. She should sue if she wants and I support it... Alaska is Sarah Palin's homeland and they should suffer for their discriminatory system. If she is a transitioning transsexual woman, she should have an ID that states she is a woman.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Enoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKaiti View Post
why the state or anyone should care if a transwoman wants to be marked as Female on the license doesn't matter to them.
Because, heterosexism.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I agree that she should sue if she wants to-- and she has the right to lose her lawsuit. If a person possesses a penis, what makes them feel entitled to having their biological sex listed as "female?" I believe the state has the right to impose standards for licensing purposes-- and if the state deems that a person's biological sex will determine how they are categorized for licensing purposes, then the state hasn't violated anyone's rights.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

KittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to beholdKittyKaiti is a splendid one to behold

I guess that then if the state wanted to deny transpeople the right to transition because it doesn't fit their standards of the definition of what is legally male or female, I guess that's the state's right too.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_902203.html

So the transgender woman has her sex/gender listed as female on other documents like her passport. The state of Alaska initially listed her sex/gender as female but then rescinded that license and reissued a license listing the sex as male. The ACLU is suing the state on behalf of the woman. The state is wanting documentation that the woman has undergone sexual reassignment surgery prior to changing the listed sex.

While I can certainly appreciate the woman's desire to be listed as female, I don't feel like her rights have been violated. Sex and gender are two separate concepts. The woman may indeed identify as the female gender; however, barring sexual reassignment surgery, the woman clearly still possesses a male sexual assignment. I believe the state is well within its right to demand documentation of SRS having been undergone before changing the sex assignment on the license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I agree that she should sue if she wants to-- and she has the right to lose her lawsuit. If a person possesses a penis, what makes them feel entitled to having their biological sex listed as "female?" I believe the state has the right to impose standards for licensing purposes-- and if the state deems that a person's biological sex will determine how they are categorized for licensing purposes, then the state hasn't violated anyone's rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKaiti View Post
I guess that then if the state wanted to deny transpeople the right to transition because it doesn't fit their standards of the definition of what is legally male or female, I guess that's the state's right too.
That's what I was thinking, too. Thanks for stating it explicitly.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

While i do feel sorry for her and i understand very well what having an F listed as you sex, the thing is unless you have had SRS then you pretty much are stuck being listed under your birth gender as long as she retains her penis she'll be listed as male
right after i was granted a legal name change i went to the DMV to get a new drivers lic i only expected to only see a new photo as i was living full time and looked nothing like the photo and have Jennifer on it so i showed the clerk the paperwork granting the name change had my photo taken and to my surpise i saw the clerk listed my sex as female
At time we get lucky and find a decent clerk who types an F but you can't count on it and are not required by law to do so unless you had SRS
i REMEMBER THE TALKS AFTER 911 that homeland security wanted to list current gender and BS gender [birth sex] in order to keep us all safe
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
While i do feel sorry for her and i understand very well what having an F listed as you sex, the thing is unless you have had SRS then you pretty much are stuck being listed under your birth gender as long as she retains her penis she'll be listed as male
right after i was granted a legal name change i went to the DMV to get a new drivers lic i only expected to only see a new photo as i was living full time and looked nothing like the photo and have Jennifer on it so i showed the clerk the paperwork granting the name change had my photo taken and to my surpise i saw the clerk listed my sex as female
At time we get lucky and find a decent clerk who types an F but you can't count on it and are not required by law to do so unless you had SRS
i REMEMBER THE TALKS AFTER 911 that homeland security wanted to list current gender and BS gender [birth sex] in order to keep us all safe
Jerseygirl Jen
I dunno about your states but in New York, all I need an official letter from my endocrinologist and a letter from a gender therapist stating I am a transitioning and undergoing treatment transsexual who is in need of a name change and gender marker change. With that, the courts authorize both a name change on all records and a gender marker change on drivers licenses, ID's but requires post op surgery for gender marker change on birth certificate.
Old 07-20-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Enoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to beholdEnoch Root is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Jerseygirl Jen
Say what now?