Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw9725 View Post
You know something Jen? I think people will remember Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth years from now and the current players of the "Steroid Era" will long be forgotten.
Well i think some players will be rembered like Tony Gwynn a fine hitter and was not on riods and Cal Ripken another fine player and who was not on riods and holds the iron man make with most consective games played

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Well i think some players will be rembered like Tony Gwynn a fine hitter and was not on riods and Cal Ripken another fine player and who was not on riods and holds the iron man make with most consective games played

Jerseygirl Jen
I'd forgotten about Cal Ripken. Thankyou for reminding me about one of the greats.
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I'd forgotten about Cal Ripken. Thankyou for reminding me about one of the greats.
How could you forget Cal But then i have a thing for shortstops as that was the position i played as a kid

On a side note Cal is a very nice guy ,i met him at a springtraining game years ago in FL around 96 or 97 and he was swamped with people wanting autographs and he stayed till everyone got one and he didn't just sign and push you along either
Jerseygirl Jen

Last edited by transjen; 01-14-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How could you forget Cal But then i have a thing for shortstops as that was the position i played as a kud

On a side note Cal is a very nice guy ,i met him at a springtraining game years ago in FL around 96 or 97 and he was swamped with people wanting autographs and he stayed till everyone got one and he didn't just sign and push you along either
Jerseygirl Jen
I think it's very nice of a star like Cal to be so down to earth and friendly with his fans. That shows true class. It's no wonder he's one of the greats.
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

The Red Sox had a player who was like Ripken with fans and other players alike: Sean Casey. A few years ago, some magazine (it might have been The Sporting News, but I can't remember for sure) surveyed more than 400 players and asked them who the nicest guy in baseball was, and Sean won hands down. Before he came to the Sox, he played for Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. He's famous for getting up early the morning after games and going to help serve food at a homeless shelter that he founded. He would always come out and talk to kids waiting around after games at Fenway. And a friend of mine told me that he ran into him at a restaurant in Florida during Spring training and started up a conversation with him that lasted 2 hours, where they talked about baseball, families, etc., as if they were old friends ... and then Sean insisted on paying for everyone in the entire restaurant because, he said, "it was such a nice real night" and he was sure he made far too much money to "play a game."
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Just goes to show some players see that they are where there are because of the fans and some few honored that someone wants there autograph Mike Schmidt was a good guy for signing as was TugMcGraw and yes even Larry Bowa was a good signer even though he was focaused on my tits while signing a baseball for me
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Ouch!!

Quote:
That's a photo i'd like to forget as it show a part of me i hated and no long have and fyi it was not cute it was the most hideious thing i ever saw
Jerseygirl Jen
JEN:

Wow! Don't be so hard on your past, please. It's part of your life, good and bad. I'm sure there was at least a good memory or two related to your hideous appendage.

TAL
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvenada View Post
JEN:

Wow! Don't be so hard on your past, please. It's part of your life, good and bad. I'm sure there was at least a good memory or two related to your hideous appendage.

TAL
I know it's part of my past but you said the key word " past" a past that was full of pain i won't go in to detail here but lets just move on i'm sorry but that's on avatar that i will not bring back please just accept that and lets move forward
Jerseygirl Jenn
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Lidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
A lot of players play through pain or injuries. They know that if they miss time during the season, they may lose their spot due to their replacement playing well during their absence.
SHADOW MAN:

Yeah, Hamels takes all the proper precautions, and he gets questioned as soft by fans and media. It's a no-win situation.

Lidge had his best year in '08 and worst year in '09, but he'll be late by a couple weeks for a season that will be neither perfect nor brutal. Madson or Baez will fill in for 2 weeks, which is no big deal.

TAL
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I know it's part of my past but you said the key word " past" a past that was full of pain i won't go in to detail here but lets just move on i'm sorry but that's on avatar that i will not bring back please just accept that and lets move forward
Jerseygirl Jenn

JEN:

I accepted that before the post; that's not what my post was about. I respect your feelings. I wasn't trying to put the scab off of an old wound.

TAL
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
SHADOW MAN:

Yeah, Hamels takes all the proper precautions, and he gets questioned as soft by fans and media. It's a no-win situation.
TAL
Very true but just ask yourself had they done the same for Sandy Koufax how many more years would he have pitched?
Not sure who said it but i rember hearing the act of pitching a baseball is one of the most unnatural motions ever for the human body
Jerseygirl Jen

Last edited by transjen; 01-14-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Very true but just ask yourself had they done the same for Sandy Koufax how many more years would he have pitched?
Not sure who said it but i rember hearing the act of pitching a baseball is one of the most unnatural motions ever for the human body
Jerseygirl Jen
JEN:

Trouble is nobody knows for sure. The reason is that all bodies are different. When it comes to heat during the winter, everybody has a different reaction to the cold and heat, meaning 10-15 different reactions. Like smoking, some peoples' lungs last for 40 years without a major physical ailment, while someone else has major problems in half the time.

Pitchers fall into a category where there are 10-15 different reactions with time as a major element.

TAL
Old 01-15-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
Cal Ripken Jr., Tony Gwynn, two class acts.

And Sean Casey, even though I did not know that before I read this thread! Class acts all!
Old 01-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Tony LaRussa continues to insist that he had no idea whatsoever that Mark McGwire was using, or had ever used, steroids.

Sure, and I have no idea that there's a dick in my pants.
Old 01-17-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Tony LaRussa continues to insist that he had no idea whatsoever that Mark McGwire was using, or had ever used, steroids.

Sure, and I have no idea that there's a dick in my pants.
Well McGwire still hasn't been fully honest about the steroids, so why should LaRussa?

Here are some steroid influenced cartoons that mock the steriod abusers and praise a couple of true baseball heroes.

Roger and Hank deserve their records back.
Attached Thumbnails
Asterisk Day.jpg   HankAaron-RealThing.jpg   Maris-McGwire.jpg  

SwitchHitter.jpg   SteroidStreet.jpg   I'mNotHereTo.jpg  

SteroidEraCollectables.jpg   StrongEnough.jpg   Juiced.jpg  

HallofFame.jpg   WelcometoCooperstown.jpg   It'sTimeToTakeBackTheBallgame.jpg  

McGwire-Madoff-Woods.jpg   TakeOneToBeefUp.jpg   MissingTheHallofFame.jpg  

Last edited by dauls; 07-22-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: !
Old 01-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thanks, dauls, for the great cartoons.

Five weeks before pitchers and catchers report to camp. I can't wait for real baseball to begin so we can shift focus away from juicing, even if only in part.
Old 01-18-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I agree with smc. I had some good laughs due to those cartoons. Thanks dauls.

Speaking of McGuire, have you seen any recent pictures of him? His neck has a huge amount of stretch marks, so I guess you can tell that his neck has finally shrunk. That must mean he is finally off the juice!
Old 01-18-2010
aw9725

Thought you might like to see this. "Big Mac" before he was brought up to the "majors" in 1986. As you can see, he is listed at a relatively "lanky" 6'5" 215. Think he did some "bulking up" along the way? LOL!

Last edited by aw9725; 03-07-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Thought you might like to see this. "Big Mac" before he was brought up to the "majors." Circa 1986. As you can see, he is listed at a relatively "lanky" 6'5" 215. Think he did some "bulking up" along the way. LOL!
With stats that look normal rather than suspiciously high.

I wonder how much a Mark McGuire rookie card would go for now?

Now that he "admitted" using steroids and HGH(considering how that was found in his locker while he was having an interview, it would be impossible for him to deny that one) I wonder if it's worth went up or down?
Old 01-18-2010
aw9725

The starting bid on that one is only $9.95US on eBay.
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The starting bid on that one is only $9.95US on eBay.
You better get cracking then, aw, as it is sure to be a hot commodity.
Old 01-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

With the Flyers playing like a giant turd i can at least be happy that there is only 75 days to opening day
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
With the Flyers playing like a giant turd i can at least be happy that there is only 75 days to opening day
Jerseygirl Jen
Like said giant turd, their poor play will eventually pass and they will be winning again. I think that they will make a move during the second half.

Regarding baseball, all Blue Jays players have now been re-signed and they avoid arbitration yet again(they have not had to deal with that since 1997).
Old 01-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Et Tu Jen?

Quote:
Jerseygirl Jen

JEN:

Hockey on a baseball thread?
LOL!!

TAL
Old 01-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Heart attack and stroke!

Phillies fans who risked heart attacks every time Brad Lidge came into a game last season can now add stroke to their health risks from relief pitchers. Word is that Eric Gagne is going to have a tryout this afternoon in Arizona for the Phillies.

Gagne has what could safely be called a "checkered career." He won the Cy Young Award in 2003 with the Dodgers and holds the record for consecutive saves with 84. He had three seasons during which the word "unhittable" would not be an exaggeration: from 2002-04, with the Dodgers, his ERA was 1.79 and his strikeout-to-walk ration was 6.29. But then came Tommy John surgery. He came back and wasn't too bad in the first half of 2007.

After that, we got to see him at Fenway Park. He joined the team in July 2007. I happened to be at the game where he made his first appearance in a Red Sox uniform, a lovely afternoon that was Bobby Doerr Day! Gagne was a disaster. The Sox got rid of him. He spent last season as a starting pitcher for the Quebec Capitals of the Canadian-American Independent League, posting a 6-6 record, with an ERA of 4.65 ERA.

In Red Sox Nation, Gagne coming into a game during his Red Sox tenure would provoke the same reaction as Lidge coming into a game for the Phillies last year. It was time to make sure your health insurance premiums were paid up.

(Gagne, by the way, was named in the Mitchell Report in December 2007 as a steroid user!)
Old 01-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Longest of shots

Gagne is a lightning-in-a-bottle guy, and probably won't even make the team for a 2 week trial run in April. The Phillies will have 5 open spots with Moyer (out for April), Lidge and Romero (both out for 2 weeks) to go with the 2 open slots for young arms to unclog the AA & AAA bottleneck of young arms.

Lidge may have caused heartburn last year, but he wasn't booed off the mound. He has now had his best and worst years with '10 being neither perfect nor a disaster. Nobody would have believed with Philly's reputation that Lidge could have his worst year ever, and still not be booed.
Old 01-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Speaking of closers

The Red Sox again avoided arbitration with Jonathan Papelbon and signed the closer to a 1-year deal.

One of my dreams for this season is for Papelbon to confront Jon Miller of ESPN, who insists on calling Pap "Jon" rather than "Jonathan" -- something about which Papelbon has been quite adamant with the Boston media (all of whom are happy to go along). In my dream, Pap climbs up the screen and makes his way to the broadcast booth, drags Miller down to the field, and recreates the Irish jig he did after the 2004 World Series victory, dancing around Miller while the broadcaster begs not to be stepped on.

Remember, this is only a dream.

Now, if it were to happen in real life, who wants to bet against the following?: Joe Morgan, still up in the broadcast booth, says in complete seriousness that when he played he would never have done such a thing and that Papelbon's Hall of Fame chances are being compromised.
Old 01-20-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Joe Morgan

The problem with Joe is that he stayed a year too long, and The Phillies made The WS that year in '83. Joe fell flat on his face coming off of 3rd base trying to score in that WS, and it was a pitiful thing to watch for a guy who was a great player (not announcer).
Old 01-21-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The Red Sox again avoided arbitration with Jonathan Papelbon and signed the closer to a 1-year deal.

One of my dreams for this season is for Papelbon to confront Jon Miller of ESPN, who insists on calling Pap "Jon" rather than "Jonathan" -- something about which Papelbon has been quite adamant with the Boston media (all of whom are happy to go along). In my dream, Pap climbs up the screen and makes his way to the broadcast booth, drags Miller down to the field, and recreates the Irish jig he did after the 2004 World Series victory, dancing around Miller while the broadcaster begs not to be stepped on.

Remember, this is only a dream.

Now, if it were to happen in real life, who wants to bet against the following?: Joe Morgan, still up in the broadcast booth, says in complete seriousness that when he played he would never have done such a thing and that Papelbon's Hall of Fame chances are being compromised.
That reminds me of the team when Jim Rome kept on calling a quarterback(Jim Elway? I cannot recall the fellow's name) a name that he repeatedly asked not to be called. Rome kept it up, so he was tackled on the set! I don't think that interview was ever finished...

Some people do not like to be called by the shortened version of their name. There was a guy that I worked with that wanted to be called James rather than Jim. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't blame Papelbon wanted to be called Jonathan rather than Jon. There are a couple of other incidents where he came across as a jerk, but not in this case.
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The San Francisco Giants are keeping Bengie Molina behind the plate for 2010. I keep wondering how many more Molina brothers (or other relatives) there are waiting to make the big leagues as catchers. In addition to Bengie, we already have Jose (who was with the Yankees last season), and Yadier (who started for the Cardinals last year). Then there's Gustavo (who I think is in the minors now but played for the Mets in 2008); is he related to them in some way? And what about Stubby, Stumpy, and Chunky?
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The San Francisco Giants are keeping Bengie Molina behind the plate for 2010. I keep wondering how many more Molina brothers (or other relatives) there are waiting to make the big leagues as catchers. In addition to Bengie, we already have Jose (who was with the Yankees last season), and Yadier (who started for the Cardinals last year). Then there's Gustavo (who I think is in the minors now but played for the Mets in 2008); is he related to them in some way? And what about Stubby, Stumpy, and Chunky?
Where's Mike Piazza when you need him he was so dreamie

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
Come to think of it, I used to think he was kinda dreamy. Hmmmm, I wonder what that might have meant?
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Come to think of it, I used to think he was kinda dreamy. Hmmmm, I wonder what that might have meant?
Don't think i want to go there but hey i know an excellent DR in Thailand

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Could this be the best McGwire fallout yet?

I am just loving the latest news on the Mark McGwire front.

Ferguson Jenkins, the Hall-of-Fame pitcher, sent an open letter to the Associated Press in which he says McGwire owes an apology to all pitchers who gave up home runs to him. Here are some excerpts from the letter:

"You have not even begun to apologize to those you have harmed. ... You have yet to all the pitchers you faced while juiced. You altered pitchers' lives. You may have shortened pitchers careers because of the advantage you forced over them while juiced."

In a telephone interview yesterday with the Associated Press, Jenkins elaborated. "How many pitchers do you think he ended their careers by hitting numbers of home runs off them?" And he said he would have known how to handle the bulked-up McGwire at the plate.

"It's tough to hit a home run off your back. In my era, Seaver, Gibson, Drysdale, Carlton, there were so many guys that would have probably knocked him on his butt."

Go Fergie!!
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

From the tapes and interviews i've seen and read Bob Gibson would have knocked Big Mac and Jose on there butts

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 01-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Gibson was a master of pitching inside. He could throw so, so close without hitting a batter, even better than Don Drysdale -- who was very good at it, too. Gibson only hit 102 batters in his long career.

By the way, Jen, congrats to your Phillies for nailing down Shane Victorino for three years. He is quite a ballplayer.
Old 01-23-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Signing Victorino is good news, he gets better every season. Blanton has also signed, and hopefully the next one to sign will be Carlos Ruiz.

And then there's the possibility of adding Jose Contreras to the bullpen. That's got to be better than Gagne.
Old 01-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Jerseygirl Jen
He's still dodging pieces of broken bat that the steroid-freak named Roger Clemens continues to throw his way.
Old 01-23-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I am just loving the latest news on the Mark McGwire front.

Ferguson Jenkins, the Hall-of-Fame pitcher, sent an open letter to the Associated Press in which he says McGwire owes an apology to all pitchers who gave up home runs to him. Here are some excerpts from the letter:

"You have not even begun to apologize to those you have harmed. ... You have yet to all the pitchers you faced while juiced. You altered pitchers' lives. You may have shortened pitchers careers because of the advantage you forced over them while juiced."

In a telephone interview yesterday with the Associated Press, Jenkins elaborated. "How many pitchers do you think he ended their careers by hitting numbers of home runs off them?" And he said he would have known how to handle the bulked-up McGwire at the plate.

"It's tough to hit a home run off your back. In my era, Seaver, Gibson, Drysdale, Carlton, there were so many guys that would have probably knocked him on his butt."

Go Fergie!!
Yeah! Go Fergie! He's from the city I live in!
Old 01-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Signing Victorino is good news, he gets better every season. Blanton has also signed, and hopefully the next one to sign will be Carlos Ruiz.

And then there's the possibility of adding Jose Contreras to the bullpen. That's got to be better than Gagne.

DAULS:

Chooch is suppose to sign a 3-year deal within the next 4-5 days.

TAL
Old 01-24-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
DAULS:

Chooch is suppose to sign a 3-year deal within the next 4-5 days.

TAL
Chooch? Who is that?
Old 01-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

How about this? I read that the Twins are hoping to sign Jim Thome and make him the DH. This coming season, the Twins start playing in their new ballpark, Target Field, which has the same dimensions as the Metrodome (or the "Homerdome"). Imagine a Twins lineup with Thome, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Jason Kubel, and Michael Cuddyer -- all in that small park. Holy shit!
Old 01-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Sorry 'bout that

Quote:
Chooch? Who is that?

SHADOW:

It's Phillies' Catcher Carlos Ruiz.

TAL
Old 01-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Phillies fans

Quote:
SHADOW:

It's Phillies' Catcher Carlos Ruiz.

TAL
Chooch is signed for (surprise) 3 years.
Old 01-25-2010

Quote:
Chooch is signed for (surprise) 3 years.
That's good. Now all the arbitration-eligible players have been signed.

Where else will the Phillies look to strengthen the roster?

What are the chances of Jayson Werth remaining with the Phillies when he becomes a free agent after the 2010 season? Another season like 2009 and the Phillies would be looking at a $10+ a year deal to keep him.

If the Phillies payroll keeps rising as fast as it has in the last 2 or 3 years, they'll pass the Mets' payroll soon.
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
How about this? I read that the Twins are hoping to sign Jim Thome and make him the DH. This coming season, the Twins start playing in their new ballpark, Target Field, which has the same dimensions as the Metrodome (or the "Homerdome"). Imagine a Twins lineup with Thome, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Jason Kubel, and Michael Cuddyer -- all in that small park. Holy shit!
It depends on what they sign him for. Thome is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago, and he has had some injuries creeping up on him recently. If the contract is not too high and perhaps an incentive-laden one, I could see this as a good signing. If they overpay, they could end up like the Blue Jays did when they signed Frank Thomas(man, if only we could have gotten him when he was not a shadow of his former self).
Old 01-25-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
It depends on what they sign him for. Thome is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago, and he has had some injuries creeping up on him recently. If the contract is not too high and perhaps an incentive-laden one, I could see this as a good signing. If they overpay, they could end up like the Blue Jays did when they signed Frank Thomas(man, if only we could have gotten him when he was not a shadow of his former self).
That seems to be a common Jays problem. When they do get a good player at a reasonable salary they let him go. Sometimes the Jays are so frustrating with the way they do business.

Yes, shadows, I do support the Jays (the only Toronto team that I do support). I would like to see them be a lot more consistent than they are. They always get my hopes only to dash them again.
Old 01-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Phillies fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
That's good. Now all the arbitration-eligible players have been signed.

Where else will the Phillies look to strengthen the roster?

What are the chances of Jayson Werth remaining with the Phillies when he becomes a free agent after the 2010 season? Another season like 2009 and the Phillies would be looking at a $10+ a year deal to keep him.

If the Phillies payroll keeps rising as fast as it has in the last 2 or 3 years, they'll pass the Mets' payroll soon.
DUALS:

Everybody wants to keep Werth, who will be a $15M to $20M signing, if he has a good to super year with good being at '09 numbers.

We want J-Dub to have a super year, because no one will want him to have an off year.

However, if I read my Rubes correctly, The Phillies will dole out big money $15M to $20M (tops) to Halladay (or Lee), Rynosaur, Utley and Hamels.

We want Cole to come up big, and when he does he'll be 1 of 4 guys with big tickets: 2 starters and 2 position players.

4 guys @ $60M to $80M seems to be the ceiling, if I read my Rubes right.

Everything else is a dream. Keep in mind there is only 1 big ticket left to buy: Cole Hamels OR a starting stud hurler.

TAL
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
That seems to be a common Jays problem. When they do get a good player at a reasonable salary they let him go. Sometimes the Jays are so frustrating with the way they do business.

Yes, shadows, I do support the Jays (the only Toronto team that I do support). I would like to see them be a lot more consistent than they are. They always get my hopes only to dash them again.
I think now that J.P. Retardi is no longer the GM things will be looking up. We may have been able to get Adam Dunn...or at least we could have before our Idiot Savant(without the Savant) of a GM decided to belittle him. And to top that all off, someone pretended to be Adam Dunn when they talked to him during his session on Jay's Radio. What a buffoon!

Frank Thomas: Bad contract.

B.J.Ryan: At the time of the signing it honestly looked good. Then he got injured and that was that. So neutral contract.

Vernon Wells: Horrible, horrible contract! That basically handcuffs the Jays for many years, as who the hell would pick up that contract in a trade? Not even the Yankees, as Wells has sucked eggs the past couple of seasons. I think it was more of a case of getting off the juice than being "injured" all the time. I think his production dropping around the time of the Mitchell Reports being announced is more than just a coincidence. Perhaps I am just being a jaded Jays fan...perhaps not. HORRIBLE CONTRACT!

Alex Rios: Another bad contract. Thankfully we were able to pawn him off to another team who picked up his contract via the waiver wire! Thank you Chicago Whitesox, THANK YOU!!!! That kid had so much potential, but he just couldn't reach it. I just don't think he has the mental(and by this, I don't mean intelligence)capability to do it now. He will be an okay player, but will never reach his full potential. Bad contract...that we were lucky to get rid of.

Is it a telling sign that we were not able to sign any of our draft picks this year? I think MLB needs to change the way they have the draft and make it something like the NHL has. If a team picks you, you play for them or you get sanctioned until you do(or the team that picked you gets a bonus pick(s) in the next draft and the player still doesn't get to play for a year or two). Scott Boras is an agent of a lot of these young punks(and I say it because they are obviously in it for money only, and are being greedy since they have not proven themselves on a professional level), and he is a cancer/parasite that MLB needs to get rid of. Look at the list of MLB players that he is an agent of, and you will see that he is the agent of the ones that have "issues", either with their code of conduct, their maturity, or their attitude.

A mini-rant there at the end, but I had to get it off my chest.
Old 01-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SHADOW:

Alex Anthopoulos looks good as one of the new breed of GM, like Theo Epstein in BOS & Rube Amaro in Philly.

TAL