Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Does it bother anyone besides me that there are NHL teams in places where the weather doesn't produce ice for skating? Just sayin' ...
I admit it bothers me. When Buttman decided to expand, I honestly don't think he put too much thought into where the teams would end up. He just wanted to show everyone that he could create lots of new teams!

"Yay! Look at me! New teams! Who cares is the league is now watered down! Who cares if there isn't a large fan base in all of the new cities! Who cares if other teams have to bail out said struggling teams because my ego(due to being so small in stature, I have to make up for it with a huge ego) won't allow me to correct my mistakes! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!Er....wait. What?"
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does it bother anyone besides me that there are NHL teams in places where the weather doesn't produce ice for skating? Just sayin' ...
Yes, it bothers me. The teams in the sunbelt also have the worst attendance records which is really not a surprise.
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
A game that is complete today(I'll have a complete report when I get home from work at 7am) is a complete shocker. Carolina beat Vancouver 5-3! Carolina! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It was Raycrap in net for Vancouver after all.
It must be a rough shift, shadows, having to watch hockey and write out your sports reports too.
Old 12-05-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
It must be a rough shift, shadows, having to watch hockey and write out your sports reports too.
It's not too bad actually, I'm just glad that I still have a job(the plant is idle right now, so there are no workers there. Just management and some Security Guards((like me!)). Some guards have been laid off, but I should be safe from any further cuts.

I am down to 36 hours from 40, but I only work 7pm-7am weekends so I have 4 days off in a row. That gives me lots of time for my hockey reports(and visiting my friends here) during the week.

Another mini-report before I get ready for work.

Edmonton beat Dallas 3-2 in the shootout. A shootout? Ugh.:D
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

I really feel the NHL should be downsizing not thinking of expanding, Cutting teams from below the mason-dixon line as they tend to have low local fan support so either drop em or move em
Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default I like the number 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I really feel the NHL should be downsizing not thinking of expanding, Cutting teams from below the mason-dixon line as they tend to have low local fan support so either drop em or move em
Flyersfan Jen
Okay, it's probably too much downsizing, but I like the idea of going back to the original 6. Let's let the rest of them have their own league.
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Flyersfan Jen
I agree that teams in the sun-belt should be cut and the league downsized. There are however cities in Canada that would support an NHL team and they should be seriously considered for teams to be moved to. The cities that deserve a team are Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Halifax.
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Okay, it's probably too much downsizing, but I like the idea of going back to the original 6. Let's let the rest of them have their own league.
Nope sorry can't go back to the orinigal 6, That would take a team out of NEW YORK namely the Islanders and how can you cut the FLYERS who is the greastest team of all they were one of the first expansion team drop SAN JOSE,TAMPA and the like or relocate them to Qubec, Winnapeg, Hartford
Flyersfan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 12-05-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I agree that teams in the sun-belt should be cut and the league downsized. There are however cities in Canada that would support an NHL team and they should be seriously considered for teams to be moved to. The cities that deserve a team are Hamilton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Halifax.
Very true and perhaps add Hartford to the list

Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Very true and perhaps add Hartford to the list

Flyersfan Jen
Definitely. Hartford should have a team again.
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, the original 6, and then only cities where skating outdoors is possible during the winter, and not after some freak storm. I'm all for more teams in Canada. I'd love to see a Bruins game in Halifax, my favorite city in Canada.
Old 12-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Okay, the original 6, and then only cities where skating outdoors is possible during the winter, and not after some freak storm. I'm all for more teams in Canada. I'd love to see a Bruins game in Halifax, my favorite city in Canada.
I have no doubt Halifax would like to see the Bruins playing there against a home town team.
Old 12-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nope sorry can't go back to the orinigal 6, That would take a team out of NEW YORK namely the Islanders and how can you cut the FLYERS who is the greastest team of all they were one of the first expansion team drop SAN JOSE,TAMPA and the like or relocate them to Qubec, Winnapeg, Hartford
Flyersfan Jen
Don't be messing with the Sharks. More east coast bias BS. San Jose is a financially stable orginization and fans pack the shark tank every game. In addition, hockey is growing dramatically on the west coast. The sharks have four rinks with over 100 adult league teams and many junior leagues throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.

According to NHL.com, Brian Salcido became the 23rd California-born player to play in the League this year and Jonathon Blum, born in Long Beach and raised in Orange County, was the first California-based player to be selected in the first round of a draft in 2007. Considering when hockey got a foot hold here, I don't think that is too bad.

I can't say anything about the Sun Belt states, but it shows hockey is taking hold here.
Old 12-06-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by interal View Post
That's it shadows, stop dauls from stealing your round-up role , he even left out two games, thats bad form.
Two UK Devils fans? Pretty cool.

Thanks for being in my corner! That dauls is trying to steal my thunder, he is!
Oh! interal (from Wimbledon), I feel like I've been stabbed in the back by a fellow Devils fan.

My grandfather always said to never trust a Londoner, from South of the River.

I'll just have to enjoy tonight's 4-3 shootout win over the Wings.
Old 12-06-2009

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Is it a Stan & Ollie?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
And Montreal 5-1 over Boston... and 4 goals in the 2nd period!!!
Quote:
Montreal beat Boston 5-1. Price was in net again and the results were there. He played well again. Poor guy lost his shutout again. He hasn't picked one up yet this season but he's due! Thomas did not play well, and Montreal took advantage. They need to keep up this kind of scoring to show that they have gotten out of their funk.
*does happy dance*
ila, what does your happy dance look like?
Attached Thumbnails
the_dancing_figure.gif  
Attached Images

Last edited by dauls; 12-06-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2009
Dark Overlord

Funny pics, dauls. Thanks for the laughs, as I can certainly use them after the horrible showing by my Leafs last night.

Here are the scores from the Dec 5th games. A couple of us are not happy with our team's performances last night!

1. As mentioned in my earlier mini-report, Carolina beat Vancouver 5-3. Raycrap lived up to his name.

2. Also mentioned in an earlier mini-report, Edmonton beat Dallas 3-2 in the shootout.

3. St. Louis beat LA 5-4 in the shootout. Ugly game for goalies, with an ugly ending...the shootout. Speaking of ugly, we now go to...

4. Boston crushed Toronto 7-2. Very bad game for Toronto all around. Kessel ended up being -3 for the night against his former team, and both MacDonald and Toskala(argggghhhhh!!!!) let in a bunch of goals. I would like to erase this memory forever! Can anyone help me to find some happiness?:D

5. The Rangers beat Buffalo 2-1. Lundqvist almost got a shutout, but coughed it up with less than a minute left in the third period. Thanks you loaf! I didn't need that 5 extra points for the pool, now did I?

6. New Jersey beat Detroit 4-3 in the shootout. I am sure that dauls will take the win, but I am sure he wishes it was by any other means besides the shit...I mean, shootout.

7. Here is another game that I wish that I didn't have to mention. Washington beat Philadelphia 8-2. Carcillo took a penalty that cost Philly the game. Washington received a NINE MINUTE PowerPlay due to his actions, and Washington scored 3 times on it. Hopefully someone can link what happened as I could not see it from work. Backstrom had 1 goal and 4 assists and Mike Green had 2 goals and 2 assists. I am sure Jen would like to follow me in erasing the games that our teams played tonight from her memory.

8. Atlanta beat Florida 2-1 in the shootout. Another shootout. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with a hot poker. Actually, the Leaf game made me want to do that. All the shootouts just made me ill.

9. Colorado beat Columbus 3-2. Another game, another Columbus loss. Same old, same old.

10. Chicago beat Pittsburgh 2-1 in overtime. Crosby sat this game out with a sore groin.

11. Tampa Bay beat the Islanders 4-0.

12. Minnesota beat Nashville 5-3. Havlat finally got a couple of points tonight. He has been a bust for Minnesota this year.

13. Phoenix beat Ottawa 3-2. Bryzgalov was sharp again.

14. Calgary beat San Jose 2-1. In a rare showing, neither Heatley or Thornton got any points in this game.

That's it for this day. I am going to go sulk in the corner due to the horrible Leaf game last night. Anyone care to join me?
Old 12-06-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
ila, what does your happy dance look like?
Depending on the score difference and who Montreal played against, it could be either one of those illustrations that you posted. :D
Old 12-06-2009
Dark Overlord

Carcillo has been suspended four games for his actions in the game last night.
Old 12-07-2009
Dark Overlord

Only two games yesterday.

1. Detroit beat the Rangers 3-1. One of the goals was an empty netter, so both goalies played well. From the sounds of it, the Detroit goalie(Howard) was excellent. Rangers are having trouble finding goals right now.

2. Ottawa beat Anaheim 4-3 in the shootout. Anaheim losing is good for my Leafs as they are still only 2 points ahead of Toronto in total league standings.

A lot more games on tonight, including the teams for Ila, Jen, dauls, and myself.

Philadelphia plays Montreal tonight, so either way a member here is going to be on the wrong side score-wise. No offense Ila, but I hope that Philly wins as they are worse off than Montreal is at this time, and could use the win more. Plus, it would make Jen happy and that is a good thing.

Toronto plays Atlanta. That could be a tough one. I hope they can manage to pull away with a victory, but Atlanta has a lot of firepower!

New Jersey plays Buffalo. That will be a good game, especially if Brodeur and Miller are playing to their full capabilities. A low-scoring game is probably in the makings.
Old 12-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

At least the Flyers didn't lose last night but then you can never tell with them At times i wish they would just play crappy for a whole season so they can just rebulid as they have been a middle of the pack team for awhile
Flyersfan Jen
Old 12-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
4. Boston crushed Toronto 7-2. Very bad game for Toronto all around. Kessel ended up being -3 for the night against his former team, and both MacDonald and Toskala(argggghhhhh!!!!) let in a bunch of goals. I would like to erase this memory forever! Can anyone help me to find some happiness?:D(
It is unlikely ever to happen again. Does that help erase the memory. This Bruins fan is happy to help.
Old 12-08-2009

Quote:
A lot more games on tonight, including the teams for Ila, Jen, dauls, and myself.

Philadelphia plays Montreal tonight, so either way a member here is going to be on the wrong side score-wise. No offense Ila, but I hope that Philly wins as they are worse off than Montreal is at this time, and could use the win more. Plus, it would make Jen happy and that is a good thing.

New Jersey plays Buffalo. That will be a good game, especially if Brodeur and Miller are playing to their full capabilities. A low-scoring game is probably in the makings.
Devils 3-0, and Brodeur ties the shutout record (he's getting greedy with these records).

Toronto... what about that 2nd period.

shadows, your hope for the Flyers-Canadiens game must've had ila's mouse hovering over that ban button.

Happy dance time again for 3 out of 4 of us. I think Bender Bending Rodríguez can have the honour this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Bender-dancing.gif  
Old 12-08-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It is unlikely ever to happen again. Does that help erase the memory. This Bruins fan is happy to help.
Maybe a little.

The 5-2 victory last night over Atlanta helped as well.:D
Old 12-08-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 7th's games.

1. New Jersey beat Buffalo 3-0. While the win is nice, the shutout is of more importance. Brodeur has now tied Terry Sawchuk for the most shutouts of all time! It may be time for a happy dance from dauls.Name:  happydance.gif
Views: 50
Size:  1.5 KB

2. Toronto beat Atlanta 5-2. Toronto scored all of their goals in the second period, and Toskala(surprisingly enough!) played well for the most part. I'm definitely doing the happy dance now!!Name:  happydance.gif
Size:  1.5 KB Name:  happydance.gif
Size:  1.5 KB

3. Montreal beat Philadelphia(what are the odds that all four of our teams would be the first three mentioned on NHL.com?) 3-1. Jen is probably not doing the happy dance.Name:  sad2.gif
Views: 49
Size:  244 Bytes I hope they win soon. Also, the shots per game were pretty bad for both teams. Montreal only had 13 shots on net, while Philadelphia only had 15 shots on net. Judging from that, it may not have been the most entertaining game to watch.

4. Carolina beat Pittsburgh 3-2. Second win in a row for Carolina, and a win against a very good team!

5. Washington beat Tampa Bay 3-0. For Jen, this is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" since both teams are disliked.

6. Edmonton beat Florida 3-2 in the shootout. Notice the hatred that exudes from my words as I type the word 'shootout'.

7. Colorado beat St. Louis 4-0. I guess they didn't want Brodeur getting the only shutout of the night.

8. Phoenix beat Minnesota 2-0. Another shutout. Considering how there weren't too many games played, there were an amazing amount of shutouts! Four games out of nine to be exact!

9. LA beat Calgary 2-1. LA only managed 16 shots on net, so they are lucky they won the game.
Old 12-08-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Here are the scores from Dec 7th's games.

3. Montreal beat Philadelphia(what are the odds that all four of our teams would be the first three mentioned on NHL.com?) 3-1. Jen is probably not doing the happy dance.Attachment 142493 I hope they win soon. Also, the shots per game were pretty bad for both teams. Montreal only had 13 shots on net, while Philadelphia only had 15 shots on net. Judging from that, it may not have been the most entertaining game to watch.
I started to watch the game, but I didn't watch for long. There was a fight, over absolutely nothing, less than 3 minutes into the game. Philadelphia opened the scoring. Montreal was really playing poorly; Philadelphia had definitely outplayed them by the time the first goal was scored. I turned the channel shortly after that to watch a science program (what a nerd I am!).

Sorry, Jen. This is one game I would have preferred to see end in a tie.
Old 12-08-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I started to watch the game, but I didn't watch for long. There was a fight, over absolutely nothing, less than 3 minutes into the game. Philadelphia opened the scoring. Montreal was really playing poorly; Philadelphia had definitely outplayed them by the time the first goal was scored. I turned the channel shortly after that to watch a science program (what a nerd I am!).

Sorry, Jen. This is one game I would have preferred to see end in a tie.
Jen will at least be happy to know that Philly crushed the Islanders tonight. They won 6-2!
Old 12-08-2009
Dark Overlord

Montreal beat Ottawa tonight 4-1 even though they were heavily out-shot. Halak got the victory for the Habs.
Old 12-09-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are all the scores from the Dec 8th games.

1. Philadelphia beat the Islanders 6-2. While it is good news for Philly that they got a solid win, it has to be tempered by the news that they will be without the services of goaltender Ray Emery for six weeks due to surgery on an abdominal tear. He tried playing through the pain, and that was probably the reason for his poor play of late. Hopefully he'll make a complete recovery. Richards had 2 goals and an assist, Carter had 2 goals, Giroux had 2 goals, and Hartnell had 2 assists. A lot less chippy affair than the game against Washington.

2. Montreal beat Ottawa 4-1. Halak was the main star here, making 45 saves. Kovalev had 1 shot on net and 0 points in his return against his old team. I wonder. Does Montreal miss him?

3. Nashville beat Vancouver 4-2. Martin Erat had a hat-trick against the Canucks.

4. Anaheim beat Dallas 4-3 in overtime. First Anaheim victory in quite a while.

Tonight is packed full of games. Daul's team(the Devils) plays against Carolina. I expect Cam Ward to be in net for Carolina, as they activated him off of IR yesterday. As long as New Jersey doesn't take the game for granted, they should win.

My team(the Leafs) play the Islanders tonight. Again, if they play a good, smart game, then we should be able to win. If they play undisciplined, then the Islanders can make them pay dearly!
Old 12-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 9th's games.

1. Buffalo beat Washington 3-0. Tough feat to pull off, but Miller was able to do it. This is his 4th shutout of the year.

2. Toronto beat the Islanders 3-2. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win! They are right in the thick of things now!

3. New Jersey beat Carolina 4-2. Was really close for a while there, but Carolina reverted back to type. I wonder when Ward will get his next victory?

4. Columbus beat Florida 3-0. Shutout #2.

5. Edmonton beat Tampa Bay 3-2. Edmonton is playing better now.

6. St. Louis beat Detroit 1-0. Shutout #3.

7. Chicago beat the Rangers 2-1 in overtime. New York deserved to lose this game as they were horribly outshot and took way more penalties than Chicago. If you don't score more than 1 goal a game, more often than not you will lose.

8. Minnesota beat Colorado 1-0. Shutout #4.

9. Calgary beat Atlanta 3-1.

10. LA beat San Jose 5-4 in overtime. Close game!
Old 12-10-2009

Quote:

2. Toronto beat the Islanders 3-2. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win! They are right in the thick of things now!

3. New Jersey beat Carolina 4-2. Was really close for a while there, but Carolina reverted back to type. I wonder when Ward will get his next victory?
Toronto 7-2-1 in their last 10! What has happened to them? Have they arranged a new win bonus scheme with the owners?

Following that nightmare 5-2 loss to the Canucks, it's four wins on the bounce for the Devils. A 4-2 win looks OK, but the 4th goal was only scored in an empty net the dying seconds, and the 'Canes are the worst team in the NHL.

I wonder how long it will take Brodeur to bag shutout #104? I can't believe he only has two shutouts this season.
Old 12-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

1. Buffalo beat Washington 3-0. Tough feat to pull off, but Miller was able to do it. This is his 4th shutout of the year.

4. Columbus beat Florida 3-0. Shutout #2.

5. Edmonton beat Tampa Bay 3-2. Edmonton is playing better now.

6. St. Louis beat Detroit 1-0. Shutout #3.

7. Chicago beat the Rangers 2-1 in overtime. New York deserved to lose this game as they were horribly outshot and took way more penalties than Chicago. If you don't score more than 1 goal a game, more often than not you will lose.

8. Minnesota beat Colorado 1-0. Shutout #4.

9. Calgary beat Atlanta 3-1.

10. LA beat San Jose 5-4 in overtime. Close game!
And the Flyers lost also even thou they didn't play a game last night

Waiting for baseball season to start Jen
Old 12-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
And the Flyers lost also even thou they didn't play a game last night

Waiting for baseball season to start Jen
Considering how the Phillies are activly trying to get Roy Halladay, I can well imagine why you can't wait.
Old 12-10-2009
Dark Overlord

Bad night for both Jen and myself, as both our teams stunk.

Toronto got beat AGAIN by Boston 5-2(1 goal was an empty net goal). The Leafs seem to forget how to play hockey against Boston and that really ticks me off.

Ottawa shutout Philadelphia 2-0(1 goal was an empty net goal). Not a lot of shots on net for Philly and they were shutout again.

Where's the Tums?
Old 12-11-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 10th's games. The good guys did not fare so well tonight.

1. Boston beat Toronto 5-2. Arghhhh! Well, Toskala was in net so I will blame him. I've gotta have a scapegoat otherwise I will not be able to sleep tonight! Nah! Just kidding. It's just that Toskala is such an easy target.

2. Ottawa beat Philadelphia 2-0. It seems the power shortage is back for Philly. There has got to be something foul going on in the locker room.

3. Pittsburgh beat Montreal 3-2. Not even Ila was able to taste sweet victory tonight.

4. Nashville beat Columbus 4-3 in the shootout. Yay. The shootout. I love it. Just like I enjoy root canals. I'd actually rather have one of those than watch a shootout.

5. Vancouver beat Atlanta 4-2. Daniel Sedin had a hat-trick. He has been pretty hot since coming back from his foot injury.

6. LA beat Phoenix 3-2 in the shootout. Yuck.

Toronto's next game is against Washington. That could be ugly.
Old 12-11-2009

Quote:
Toronto's next game is against Washington. That could be ugly.
You'll have to hope the 'Canes rough the Capitals up tonight.

Be positive, the last time the Leafs hosted the Caps, you thrashed them in a shootout!
Old 12-11-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You'll have to hope the 'Canes rough the Capitals up tonight.

Be positive, the last time the Leafs hosted the Caps, you thrashed them in a shootout!
I hope for a repeat performance(but I would prefer it if the Leafs won in regulartion).
Old 12-12-2009

Default Ice Edge Holdings & the Coyotes...

So the NHL are closer to selling the Phoenix Coyotes to Ice Edge Holdings, who claim they will keep the franchise in Arizona.

How long will Ice Edge want to or have to keep the Coyotes in Arizona after they acquire the franchise?

Will the Ice Edge deal include the plan to play approx five games per season in Canada, possibly in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan or Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Is it true that Ice Edge are expected to pay considerably less (about 30%) than Jim Balsillie was willing to pay to take the franchise to Hamilton? Would a location west of Hamilton have given Balsillie a better chance of acquiring a franchise?
Old 12-12-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
So the NHL are closer to selling the Phoenix Coyotes to Ice Edge Holdings, who claim they will keep the franchise in Arizona.

How long will Ice Edge want to or have to keep the Coyotes in Arizona after they acquire the franchise?

Will the Ice Edge deal include the plan to play approx five games per season in Canada, possibly in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan or Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Is it true that Ice Edge are expected to pay considerably less (about 30%) than Jim Balsillie was willing to pay to take the franchise to Hamilton? Would a location west of Hamilton have given Balsillie a better chance of acquiring a franchise?
According to the article I read on tsn.ca, Ice Edge has said that they are going to keep the team where it is and honour the contract with the arena. If that is the case, then they are going to be stuck there for 25 more years, as that is how much time is left on the contract.

I honestly can't see how they can expect to NOT lose money. Could Phoenix be a successful hockey markey? Perhaps. But not in their current location. The spot they chose to place the arena(unless the arena was already there, then they should have just built a new one elsewhere) is horrible. I would not want to be a shareholder for Ice Edge(if they have shareholders), as they would be pissing away my money!

Their offer is $150 million. I believe Basillie's was $215-$230.
Old 12-12-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores from Dec 11th's games.

1. Florida beat New Jersey 4-2. Dauls will not be happy with this result, especially since they did not play well.

2. Washington beat Carolina 4-3 in overtime. Carolina had a 2-0 lead at one point, but Carolina being Carolina(them sucking and all) coughed up the lead and lost yet again. They were lucky to go away with a point.

3. Buffalo beat Chicago 2-1. Buffalo just keeps on truckin'.

4. Detroit beat Anaheim 3-2 in overtime. Detroit can from behind to snatch victory away from Anaheim.

5. Edmonton beat St. Louis 5-3. Down 3-1, Edmonton scored 4 unanswered goals in the third period. Sloppy game from St. Louis.

6. Colorado beat Tampa Bay 2-1 in the shootout. Tampa Bay has suddenly suffered from a loss in power.

7. Minnesota beat Calgary 2-1 in overtime. Minnesota badly outplayed Calgary and deserved the win. The ONLY reason Calgary even got a point was due to the stellar play of their goalie, Kiprusoff.

8. Dallas beat San Jose 3-2 in the shootout. It went 11 rounds. Fun stuff.
Old 12-12-2009

Quote:
Here are the scores from Dec 11th's games.

1. Florida beat New Jersey 4-2. Dauls will not be happy with this result, especially since they did not play well.
Getting beat by the Caps or the Penguins I can understand, but losing to Florida is a fg disaster. At least the game wasn't on ESPN-UK last night, so I didn't have to suffer a bad Devils' performance.

Flyers tonight... should be interesting.

Overtime and shootouts in 5 of the 8 games last night, I'm sure they do it just to annoy the OT/SO haters.
Old 12-13-2009

Cool #300 for Patrik Elias...

Nice 4-1 win for the Devils. Sorry Jen.

And shadows, it was a real thrashing of the Caps this time. That must've been an entertaining 3rd period.

OT misery for ila. One of 5 more games that went beyond 60 minutes.

No hockey to watch last night, ESPN-UK had ultimate fighting.
Old 12-13-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Nice 4-1 win for the Devils. Sorry Jen.

And shadows, it was a real thrashing of the Caps this time. That must've been an entertaining 3rd period.

No hockey to watch last night, ESPN-UK had ultimate fighting.
Yes. I was quite happy with the end result. I looked at the standings and we are now tied with Philadelphia. Needless to say, I was shocked. We are also only 4 points behind Montreal(and they have played one more game than us). I would never have expected this considering how awful the start to the season was.

Elias has been quite good since returning from his injury. The same could be said for Kessel. Can you imagine the point totals for the two of them if they had played the entire season?

Ila, I'm sure, is happy that Montreal at least got a point. However, they did not have a lot of shots on net again. They need to improve their offensive output, and not rely on Price(or Halak) so much.
Old 12-13-2009
Dark Overlord

Here are the scores for Dec 12th's games.

1. Toronto beat Washington 6-3. This time, they dominated the scoresheet and Toronto's #1 line had more points than Washington's(which says a lot!). Good game, but it's a shame that I was at work while it was on. Toronto is now only 4 points out the 8th position(currently held by Montreal).

2. Ottawa beat Carolina 4-2. Not a shocker at all, but a couple of notes to the game. Kovalev(Ottawa) got a hat-trick and one of the goals was his 400th goal of his career. He may be a floater a lot of the time, but 400 goals is quite an accomplishment.

3. New Jersey beat Philadelphia 4-1. A broken record, it seems, with Philly. They don't score and they lose. I am really befuddled as to why they are playing so poorly.

4. The Islanders beat Boston 3-2 in overtime. Tavares got another assist in this game, and he seems to have overcome the slump he was in.

5. Buffalo beat the Rangers 3-2. While one NY team wins, the other one loses. It seems like that happens more often than not. Buffalo is a really hot team right now.

6. Atlanta beat Montreal 4-3 in overtime. What has to hurt the most is that Atlanta was on the PowerPlay during overtime. That has to piss coaches(and fans) off big time!

7. Anaheim beat Columbus 3-1. Anaheim seems to have picked up their game.

8. Pittsburgh beat Florida 3-2 in overtime. They avenged you, dauls! They beat Florida for you so New Jersey could have a small measure of revenge.

9. Detroit beat Nashville 3-2 in overtime. For the second straight game, Todd Bertuzzi scored the overtime winner.

10. Phoenix beat San Jose 2-1. I almost got the shutout, but Heatley ruined it for me! Darn it! I wanted the extra 5 points! This was also San Jose's fifth straight loss.

11. Vancouver beat Minnesota 4-3. Henrik Sedin had 3 assists and Daniel Sedin had 1 goal and 1 assist. Daniel has been on fire since coming back from his foot injury.

12. LA beat Dallas 3-2 in the shootout. One shootout in twelve games? I can handle that.
Old 12-13-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
The game stayed tied for quite a while. I really hate OT / SO in the regular season. Montreal could at least learn to score in the shootout.

Quote:
Ila, I'm sure, is happy that Montreal at least got a point. However, they did not have a lot of shots on net again. They need to improve their offensive output, and not rely on Price(or Halak) so much.
Yes, I'm glad they got the point. You're right the offense is lacking. Price and Halak are keeping them in every game.
Old 12-13-2009

Quote:
8. Pittsburgh beat Florida 3-2 in overtime. They avenged you, dauls! They beat Florida for you so New Jersey could have a small measure of revenge.
No, I'd have been happier if Florida had also beaten the Penguins. Why do they have to have one of their fairly rare, good games against us and then lose (in OT) to our closest rivals in the Atlantic Division.

Quiet night tonight. But on Monday night (Flyers-Bruins) it's a warm up for the Winter Classic...

How popular is the Winter Classic in North America?
Would the league/other teams like to hold more than one game outdoors per season, or is the cost of setting up the temporary rink too expensive to do more than one?
Does the NHL cover the cost of the rink build or is it down to the hosts?

From the webcam shot, a hockey rink in Fenway Park just looks wrong.

I doubt if ESPN-UK will be showing the game live? A 1pm start in Boston is too early to show it live over here at 6pm, they'd rather show a live Italian or German football match.
Old 12-14-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

samsson.smith is on a distinguished road

I watch every once and a while, although not as often as other sports like MMA and boxing.
Old 12-14-2009

Default Two NFL games in the UK in 2010.

Non-hockey alert!

Confirming earlier speculation, it has been announced that two regular season NFL games will be played in the UK, most probably London, in 2010.

Two as yet un-named teams have agreed to be the home teams in London, their opposition has yet to be confirmed. The fixtures will be announced by the middle of January at the very latest.

Cardiff and Edinburgh would like to host NFL games, as would cities in Germany, China, etc. But the teams appear to be very comfortable spending a week in London, maybe the players all want to visit Buckingham Palace.

League bosses in the US are keen to play games outside London and have hinted there could be as many as four games per season played in Britain by 2012.

The old "Super Bowl in London" chestnut has also reared its crazy head again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the Buffalo Bills games in Toronto get much coverage, or are they ignored?
Old 12-14-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:

Quiet night tonight. But on Monday night (Flyers-Bruins) it's a warm up for the Winter Classic...

How popular is the Winter Classic in North America?
Would the league/other teams like to hold more than one game outdoors per season, or is the cost of setting up the temporary rink too expensive to do more than one?
Does the NHL cover the cost of the rink build or is it down to the hosts?

From the webcam shot, a hockey rink in Fenway Park just looks wrong.

I doubt if ESPN-UK will be showing the game live? A 1pm start in Boston is too early to show it live over here at 6pm, they'd rather show a live Italian or German football match.
The Winter Classic is popular, but they have to make sure they don't saturate the market with this sort of game. If people were to see it all the time(rather than once a year) then they would get used to it, and may get bored with the idea. It's the old "new shiny toys soon lose their lustre" adage(made up by me).

An example of this would be the 'Saw' movies. When Saw came out, people ate it up. It was a different movie than they were used to seeing, and there was a twist to it that most people wouldn't expect. Then they got the idea that releasing a Saw movie every Halloween could work after the success of Saw II. Saw VI was released this past Halloween to less-than-stellar returns. They went to the well too many times and the interest has dried up(whether this will remain like this in the future is anyone's guess). The same could be said if they had a "Winter Classic" type of game every week. It would no longer be a unique experience, rather it would be just more of the same.

(sorry for the long-winded explanation)

I do not know who incurs the cost of the game. I imagine it would get split somewhat, as both the NHL and the teams themselves benefit greatly by this special game.

A webcam shot cannot do justice to how it will actually look. And it is more than aesthetics. The atmosphere for the game will be off the charts. A wide open vista, a potential for a light snowfall, an open sky? Totally different experience, and one that can't be duplicated by a simple webcam.

I do not know if ESPN.Uk will show it. I hope they will, as I think it will be AWESOME!
Old 12-14-2009
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Non-hockey alert!

Confirming earlier speculation, it has been announced that two regular season NFL games will be played in the UK, most probably London, in 2010.

Two as yet un-named teams have agreed to be the home teams in London, their opposition has yet to be confirmed. The fixtures will be announced by the middle of January at the very latest.

Cardiff and Edinburgh would like to host NFL games, as would cities in Germany, China, etc. But the teams appear to be very comfortable spending a week in London, maybe the players all want to visit Buckingham Palace.

League bosses in the US are keen to play games outside London and have hinted there could be as many as four games per season played in Britain by 2012.

The old "Super Bowl in London" chestnut has also reared its crazy head again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the Buffalo Bills games in Toronto get much coverage, or are they ignored?
The games probably got a lot of coverage, but I am not certain how much. I did not watch the games myself so I can't give you a proper answer.

I wonder if they will alienate the home fans by moving so many games away? That is revenue for the stadium that is lost(concession stands, parking, etc.), and that is a game that a home-town fan will not be able to attend(because the average fan cannot afford to travel to the UK to attend a football game, no matter how diehard they are)

It will be interesting to see how this experiment(and that is what this is) unfolds down the road.
Old 12-14-2009
Dark Overlord

A couple of reports in one(since last night's is so small).

Here are the scores for Dec 13th's games.

1. Chicago beat Tampa Bay 4-0. Chicago dominated from start to finish, and Niemi was excellent again. He has started 7 games, and of them 3 were shutouts. Patrick Kane left the game after suffering an upper body injury(I hate how the teams are allowed to be so freaking vague about injuries). It looks like he either got hurt when he fell against the boards(he was tripped) or the puck hit him. It remains to be seen if he will miss any time or not.

2. Colorado beat Calgary 3-2. Calgary tried to pin their hopes for victory on Kiprusoff alone(yet again) and that cost them. They are going to burn the guy out if they keep this up.

Here are the scores for Dec 14's games(I will update the Vancouver/LA score when it is a final)

1. Philadelphia beat Boston 3-1. The was a game that they deserved to win as they played quite well and peppered Thomas with a lot of shots. I am sure there were a lot of relieved sighs in the Philly locker room when this game was done.

2. Toronto beat Ottawa 3-2. YEAH!!!! They are playing well right now, and are now only 2 points out of a playoff spot. Freakin' A!

3. Florida squished the Islanders like a little bug, 7-1. The Islanders are struggling quite a bit right now.

4. Atlanta beat the Rangers 3-2 in the shootout. The Rangers certainly tried to win(as they had a lot of shots on net), but victory was denied to them yet again.

5. Nashville beat Columbus 5-3. Nashville keeps on rising, and Columbus keeps on falling, falling, falling. Thud.

6. Buffalo beat Montreal 4-3. Considering how good Buffalo has been playing, I did not like Montreal's chances(no offense, Ila). That being said, they gave Buffalo a run for their money. Close game.

7. Detroit beat Phoenix 3-2. A game where neither Datsyuk or Zetterberg got any points. That is a rarity. A same they won, though, as I wanted Bryzgalov to get me two more points.

8.Vancouver VS La: TBD