Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Inner thoughts of an outfielder.

Click image to open a larger version of baseball4.gif. Views: 4.
Old 04-22-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

New uses for PEDs that Mark McGuire can try out.

Click image to open a larger version of ped.gif. Views: 5.
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

Woohoo! The Jays beat Tampa Bay 6-5! I was a little worried there near the end, but the Jays prevailed!

They beat a very tough team(the Rays are now 12-5)! I hope they can at least win one more in the series.

The Red Sox are playing the best possible team to face at the moment, the Baltimore Orioles. It isn't a stretch to think that Boston can sweep the series, as Baltimore is the worst team right now in all of MLB! Baltimore is 2-15 for the season. That is putrid!

David Ortiz got a dinger, but that was his only hit on the evening. It helped them to win, which is the main thing.

The Yankees lost their second game in a row. Niiiiice!
Old 04-24-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

I have just heard that Fenway Park may host a pre-season football friendly on 21st July 2010 between Scotland's Old Firm rivals Glasgow Rangers and Celtic.
It'll be war and Boston needs to be prepared for the fans' post-match fighting.
Old 04-24-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
I have just heard that Fenway Park may host a pre-season football friendly on 21st July 2010 between Scotland's Old Firm rivals Glasgow Rangers and Celtic.
It'll be war and Boston needs to be prepared for the fans' post-match fighting.
Yes, this was reported yesterday by The Boston Globe. According to the president of the Fenway Sports Group, Sam Kennedy, "The reason why we are so interested in this game is because of the matchup ? Celtic and Rangers is a rivalry like the Red Sox and Yankees, a 100-year rivalry, and the unique thing is they have never played off Scottish soil. We wouldn't be interested in just any soccer match or event. When we go after games, we are focused on the blue-chip nature of events."

Also, said Kennedy, the Fenway Civic Association (the association of neighborhood residents and businesses) "received the proposal very, very well" during a meeting Thursday night. Apparently, the post-match fighting Dauls mentions didn't come up.

From my perspective, this is yet more proof that baseball is the greatest sport humans have invented. The evidence this time is that the football (soccer) teams are interested in "trading up" to play in a Temple of Baseball, but you don't hear any baseball teams expressing interest in playing, say, in Wembley Stadium.
Old 04-24-2010
Dark Overlord

The Jays bullpen decided to lay a huge ing egg! Romero pitched an excellent game, giving up 2 earned runs in 7 innings(the Jays had a 3-2 lead at that time). The bottom of the 8th was horrible. The final ended up being 9-3 for Tampa Bay. Damn it!
Old 04-25-2010
Dark Overlord

How to steal a base.

Click image to open a larger version of stealing.gif. Views: 4.
Old 04-25-2010
Dark Overlord

Bunting 101.

Click image to open a larger version of badbunt.gif. Views: 4.
Old 04-26-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

caldo2806 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Yes, this was reported yesterday by The Boston Globe. According to the president of the Fenway Sports Group, Sam Kennedy, "The reason why we are so interested in this game is because of the matchup — Celtic and Rangers is a rivalry like the Red Sox and Yankees, a 100-year rivalry, and the unique thing is they have never played off Scottish soil. We wouldn't be interested in just any soccer match or event. When we go after games, we are focused on the blue-chip nature of events."

Also, said Kennedy, the Fenway Civic Association (the association of neighborhood residents and businesses) "received the proposal very, very well" during a meeting Thursday night. Apparently, the post-match fighting Dauls mentions didn't come up.

From my perspective, this is yet more proof that baseball is the greatest sport humans have invented. The evidence this time is that the football (soccer) teams are interested in "trading up" to play in a Temple of Baseball, but you don't hear any baseball teams expressing interest in playing, say, in Wembley Stadium.
ahahaha mate shut it baseball the greatest game invented lmfao its your baseball teams that want rangers and celtic to play at their grounds because of the amount of fans we have in the usa. Glasgow Rangers Champions 2010 53 and counting we are the people. oh and the OLD FIRM is a much better rivallary than the yankees and red sox it is the best rivallary in football and is probably the best in the world out of all sports.

Last edited by caldo2806; 04-26-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldo2806 View Post
ahahaha mate shut it baseball the greatest game invented lmfao its your baseball teams that want rangers and celtic to play at their grounds because of the amount of fans we have in the usa. Glasgow Rangers Champions 2010 53 and counting we are the people. oh and the OLD FIRM is a much better rivallary than the yankees and red sox it is the best rivallary in football and is probably the best in the world out of all sports.
Turns out the football teams came looking for venues in the United States. And as for the quality of the rivalries, well, isn't it wonderful that we're all entitled to our own opinions?
Old 04-26-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

am pretty sure it was a baseball team or an american company that proposed the idea to the clubs.
Old 04-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The latest word is that Boston is competing with Baltimore to host this match. But let's get this thread back to the greatest sport, baseball. There's already an English Premier League thread, and if someone wants to start an Old Firm thread that would be fine.
Old 04-26-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

aye kl sorry if for being a dick over this haha
Old 04-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldo2806 View Post
aye kl sorry if for being a dick over this haha
No apology necessary. I don't think there is anything bad about what you wrote.
Old 04-26-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

awryt kl jst fot a was getting on your nerves
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Smc, it looks like neither of our starting pitchers are playing worth a damn tonight!

Actually, as I type this Dana Eveland has been yanked from the game(and rightfully so!) after letting the first two batters reach in the top of the fourth.

For now, the score is currently 6-5 Toronto in the top of the fourth. I have no illusions that this score will remain.
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

I was right. 6-6 tie now.
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

I honestly sometimes wonder about the Management capability of Cito Gaston. He leaves a starter in that is obviously struggling and leaves him in after the offense bails out the starter by scoring 6 runs for him. He then, after waiting too long to yank the starter, decides to stick the shittiest reliever that the Jays have in their bullpen right now(Jeremy Accardo). Way to manage a good game, Cito!

8-6 Boston at the moment.
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

8-8 game! Whew! What's that smell? Oh yeah! It's the starting pitchers for both teams! They stink!
Old 04-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

It's 9-8 now, Boston leading. I've been concentrating my attention on the Bruins tonight, however, and they close to advancing. Buffalo just scored as I'm typing, so it's 4-3 Boston, with just over a minute.
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
It's 9-8 now, Boston leading. I've been concentrating my attention on the Bruins tonight, however, and they close to advancing. Buffalo just scored as I'm typing, so it's 4-3 Boston, with just over a minute.
Yep. I was following the hockey game online. Boston won, and now they can enjoy a few days off until their next game(not sure who they would be facing, though).

The baseball game is 9-9 now.
Old 04-26-2010
Dark Overlord

Boston won 13-12. While it may have been a fun game to watch(hope their next series in July has games as exciting), both bullpens need to give their heads a shake. Disgusting display of pitching.

I am pretty sure that smc will agree that it wasn't a case of our hitters being great, it was a case of our pitchers(most of them, anyhow) sucking eggs!
Old 04-27-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Boston won 13-12. While it may have been a fun game to watch(hope their next series in July has games as exciting), both bullpens need to give their heads a shake. Disgusting display of pitching.

I am pretty sure that smc will agree that it wasn't a case of our hitters being great, it was a case of our pitchers(most of them, anyhow) sucking eggs!
Yes, I agree. And I think no team deserves to win games like this. Of course, how you would build that kind of rule into the governing regimen of baseball is beyond me.
Old 04-27-2010
Dark Overlord

At least tonight's game had a much more respectable score! Although I would have preferred for the Jays not to lose another 1-run game. The final was 2-1 Boston.
Old 05-01-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

jdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jdawg

I can't believe out offense is so shit that we can't score when we had 2 straight innings of bases loaded. The Mariners offense blows and we better trade for a big bat to improve our middle of the order.
Old 05-02-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phillies 10-0 Mets

After the Phillies' Friday night 9-1 thumping by the Mets, it was great to see the Doc back on the mound on Saturday night. Another shutout in another complete game. It made up for the Doc's off-night during last Monday's the 5-1 defeat at the Giants.
Old 05-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
I can't believe out offense is so shit that we can't score when we had 2 straight innings of bases loaded. The Mariners offense blows and we better trade for a big bat to improve our middle of the order.
But you have Milton Bradley!

In all seriousness, I am sooooooo glad the Jays didn't pick him up in the offseason. If we still had JP as the GM, he would have signed him to a massive deal.

And I feel your pain, jdawg. The offense for the Jays isn't exactly stellar(although we lead the league in homeruns with 35, not including Saturday's games). I believe that the Jays have 4 players hitting under .200.
Old 05-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Well, I'm back...yay!

And the Braves are nothing, if not consistent!

We'll see how this upcoming series goes...
Old 05-14-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegirllvr View Post
Well, I'm back...yay!

And the Braves are nothing, if not consistent!

We'll see how this upcoming series goes...
At least Heyward is playing some excellent 'ball!
Old 05-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
At least Heyward is playing some excellent 'ball!
Yep...he had a good run in Milwaukee, as did Glaus.

The series with the Cardinals start tonight...could be interesting.
Old 05-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Quite the game for the Jays last night! They were down 3-0 early, fight back to tie it up, Cecil promptly gives the lead back again(8-3 by that time), another run scored against the Jays bullpen, and then the Jays come back with 8 runs in the bottom of the third!

Toronto ended up winning 16-10. Certainly not a pitcher's duel, that is for sure! Overbay ends up 3-3 and in now hitting a sizzling .189. He had a good game, but he needs to keep it up.
Old 05-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Not so good for the Braves. First inning error by Glaus, and poor Kawakami - no run support, whatsoever.

Arizona's gonna be a tough series, me thinks...
Old 05-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Big Papi -- David Ortiz -- finally came alive, with two homers in last night's Red Sox victory over the Tigers (sorry, aw). Little compensation for the Bruins' epic collapse, but at least now I will be devoting my full sports attention to humankind's greatest sport.
Old 05-15-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Big Papi -- David Ortiz -- finally came alive, with two homers in last night's Red Sox victory over the Tigers (sorry, aw). Little compensation for the Bruins' epic collapse, but at least now I will be devoting my full sports attention to humankind's greatest sport.
I see you are going to be keep all of your attention on hockey, smc.
Old 05-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I see you are going to be keep all of your attention on hockey, smc.
I wrote in error. I meant that I will be keeping my full BOSTON sports attention on the Red Sox now (and now that I think of it, that's not even true, because the Celtics are still in it). I will absolutely follow the rest of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I love hockey, even if it is decidedly NOT humankind's greatest sport.
Old 05-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Ortiz had another good night at the plate, going 3-6 with 2 RBIs(which gives him 17 for the season). His average is now .232, which is a huge increase from what it was even a week ago! It certainly looks like his slump is over, which can only help Boston!

Unfortunately, smc, the Red Sox lost 7-6 in the bottom of the 12th inning. Via a walk!
Old 05-16-2010
Dark Overlord

Toronto beat Texas last night 6-0! Ricky Romero was stellar, going the complete game and only giving up 5 hits and issuing 1 walk. He had 12 strikeouts(matching a career high) in his first career shutout. His ERA lowered to 2.88 and his recond is 4-1 for the season. Good job!

Overbay was 1-4 and now his average is a lofty .191 (up from the .189 the night before). Whew! If he keeps this up, he'll be hitting .200 by June!
Old 05-19-2010
Dark Overlord

Thank you Jonathan Papelbon for not allowing the Yankees to win for the second night in a row(you had me worried for a moment there!)! You allowed the Jays to finally gain a game in the Wild Card standings(they are only 2 games behind the Yankees now) as Tampa Bay won....again!

Toronto beat Minnesota 11-2(clubbing 4 home runs)! With those 4 homeruns, Toronto now has 65 for the season so far, by far the most in the Majors!

Even if they don't continue to play good baseball, I am impressed with the way the Jays are playing this year. They have had 13 come-from-behind victories so far this season(something they could rarely do in the past few seasons) and are an entertaining team to watch. The players actually look like they want to play!

Ortiz had another couple of hits in the Red Sox victory. It looks like he has found his swing again.
Old 05-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Thank you Jonathan Papelbon for not allowing the Yankees to win for the second night in a row(you had me worried for a moment there!)! You allowed the Jays to finally gain a game in the Wild Card standings(they are only 2 games behind the Yankees now) as Tampa Bay won....again!

Toronto beat Minnesota 11-2(clubbing 4 home runs)! With those 4 homeruns, Toronto now has 65 for the season so far, by far the most in the Majors!

Even if they don't continue to play good baseball, I am impressed with the way the Jays are playing this year. They have had 13 come-from-behind victories so far this season(something they could rarely do in the past few seasons) and are an entertaining team to watch. The players actually look like they want to play!

Ortiz had another couple of hits in the Red Sox victory. It looks like he has found his swing again.
This is the earliest in the season I can ever remember anyone mentioning the "wild card standings."
Old 05-20-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
This is the earliest in the season I can ever remember anyone mentioning the "wild card standings."
I have to have dreams, right?

Besides, the way Tampa Bay is playing right now, there is no point in hoping for a AL East victory for the Jays.

Toronto beat Seattle 3-2 and are only 1 game behind the dreaded Yankees, who lost 10-6 to the Rays.

Boston beat Minnesota 3-2.
Old 05-29-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Time to do the happy dance as the 20th perfect game in MLB history was pitched tonight by the Phillies way to go Roy

Philliefan Jen
Old 05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Time to do the happy dance as the 20th perfect game in MLB history was pitched tonight by the Phillies way to go Roy

Philliefan Jen
Jen, I have to agree. A perfect game, what an amazing performance by the Doc, especially after his nightmare against Boston last Sunday.
Old 05-29-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post

Philliefan Jen
I am truly happy for Roy. He was always classy as a Blue Jay, and he was classy in his departure to Philadelphia. It could not have happened to a nicer guy.
Old 05-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Congratulations to Doc. Anyone who pitches a perfect game deserves kudos.

It's feast or famine for the Phillies these days. They can't score a run for more than 20 straight innings, and the next thing you know they have a perfect game.
Old 05-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

oldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to all

All the time here & I've yet to post in this thread...(honestly, when I'm here, I've got other things on my mind!!!), so I thought I'd wave my flag here for a minute...LETS GO METS!!! LETS GO METS!!! LETS GO METS!!!HAHAHA, I love baseball & I love my Mets...In my opinion (that's why I'm posting) BY FAR the greatest sport in the world, not even close (sorry soccer fans, oops, I mean futbol!). In reality I have nothing against soccer, so please don't give me shit here, I have the utmost respect for all sport, but I thank God that I happened to be born in a place where I grew up with the greatest sport ever invented...BASEBALL!!!
I can see that I've already got my work cut out for me here, what with the Phils & Sox & Braves fans...& I'm sure theres a bunch of Yankmees (couldn't help myself) fans ready to tell me how bad my team sucks, but thats alright, its all good.
I'm an extremely loyal Mets fan, been one all my life...Got one ring in '86 & just missed one in 2000 (just talkin what I've seen myself, of course we cant forget '69 & '73!)
Actually, my Metsies have made it to more World Series (4) than any other expansion team. (Winning 2 of course, & they came into the league at a time when baseball didn't just hand big-league players to expansion teams!)
Right now my team is not nearly as bad as everyone might say...surely schizophrenic, but they can actually play a bit.

Heres a few opinions in case anyone wants to jump in & kill me here:

1) METS RULE!!!
2) The DH has no place in baseball. It has completely ruined the American League. Baseball is 9 players at a time. That is inherent in the beauty of the game. Adding the DH has turned the AL into some kind of schoolyard joke. I think the fans of the DH probably only support it because their teams use it, so by default they like their team, they like the players on their team, they like the big bopper playing DH on their team, they like the DH rule. IF THE NATIONAL LEAGUE EVER ADOPTS THE DH RULE I WILL NEVER WATCH BASEBALL AGAIN. Seriously. & I love this game. That's what I mean by saying it actually ruins the game.
3) Interleague play sucks. Although I have to admit its kind of fun to play the Yanks, or even just to see a few different teams now & then, Interleague play chips away at the integrity of the pennant race. Each division needs a balanced schedule (by balanced I mean heavy on Division games, followed by heavy on League games), so each league can have a true champion, & those two teams can play in the World Series for it all.
4) Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. Of course he should. He's the best hitter to ever play the game, right? It doesn't matter if he's an asshole, he was the best.
5) So should Shoeless Joe Jackson. I never saw him obviously, but this is the usual argument given about Rose. Jackson =.356 lifetime avg. C'mon already.
6) So far, I've got no problem with the use of replay. I'd prefer not to have it, but when modern umpires suck sooooooobad, you've got to do something to get the calls correct. As long as they keep its use minimal, im ok for now.
7) The Wild Card sucks. I know, the Mets wouldn't have gotten to the World Series in 2000 without it, or even to the playoffs in '99, but I still feel the postseason is no place for a 2nd place team. Just look to basketball to see how this idea run amok can ruin a sport's regular season.
8) Gary Carter should be in the Hall of Fame AS A MET. 'nough said.
9) I know it's reeeeaaal early, but Ike Davis looks like the real deal. Let's hope so!

Well, I've said my peace. May the best team win, & Lemme have it~
oldawg
Old 05-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldawg View Post
7) The Wild Card sucks. I know, the Mets wouldn't have gotten to the World Series in 2000 without it, or even to the playoffs in '99, but I still feel the postseason is no place for a 2nd place team. Just look to basketball to see how this idea run amok can ruin a sport's regular season.
oldawg's post has a lot to discuss, but for now I will take up only one point: the one regarding the Wild Card.

I agree, but I think that anyone who slams the Wild Card concept in baseball has an obligation to propose an alternative. After all, there are three divisions in each league. Championships organized according to the "playoff" model must, by their very nature, have an even number of teams involved, and if there is not an even number "automatically" (e.g., by having four divisions), there must be some complex mathematical formula for determining who makes the playoffs. So, oldawg, how would you fix this problem? Go back to one big AL and NL? Consolidate into two divisions per league? Expand to four?

One thing that has been discussed in the past by baseball writers is to have the two teams that win divisions but with the "worst" records play in the first round, and then the winner would play the division winner with the best record (who would be given a "by" in Round 1). Do you think that's a good idea?

Again, I agree that the Wild Card sucks. But what is the alternative?
Old 05-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

oldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to alloldawg is a name known to all

Ha, Ha, Ha...SMC youre a son-of-a-gun for sure...the wild card issue is the one where i don't actually have an answer, so of course thats what you call me out on!!!

Well first of all, MLB needs to rectify the problem of the imbalanced leagues...The NL has 16 teams & the AL has 14. What's up with that? Somehow the NL Central needs to lose a team & the AL West needs to add one. Problem is I don't think any of those NL Central teams will voluntarily go to the AL at all, let alone to the Western Division. Hows any of these ideas:

1) Move Houston to the AL West
2) Move Houston to the NL West; Arizona or Colorado to AL West
3) Move Milwaukee back to the AL Central; Kansas City to AL West

The expansion teams(Arizona & Colorado) have no right to claim League or Division loyalty. Kansas City could use a change. Milwaukee won't go back to the AL.

Theres not enough teams for four divisions in each league, & I would hate to see a NHL-type of point system determining playoff seedings. Also, theres of course not enough pitching talent to expand the league to 32 teams, so for now i think we're stuck with 3 division winners & the wild card.

I think at this point we're way beyond the 2 division leagues. After having so many races for all these years, I don't think anyone would want to go back to that (Myself included...the Mets would be out of it by June most years).

Actually, upon rereading your point regarding the round 1 bye, it is sounding better & better. But they need to even out the leagues of course...
Old 05-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Ha, Ha, Ha...SMC youre a son-of-a-gun for sure...the wild card issue is the one where i don't actually have an answer, so of course thats what you call me out on!!!

Well first of all, MLB needs to rectify the problem of the imbalanced leagues...The NL has 16 teams & the AL has 14. What's up with that? Somehow the NL Central needs to lose a team & the AL West needs to add one. Problem is I don't think any of those NL Central teams will voluntarily go to the AL at all, let alone to the Western Division. Hows any of these ideas:

1) Move Houston to the AL West
2) Move Houston to the NL West; Arizona or Colorado to AL West
3) Move Milwaukee back to the AL Central; Kansas City to AL West

The expansion teams(Arizona & Colorado) have no right to claim League or Division loyalty. Kansas City could use a change. Milwaukee won't go back to the AL.

Theres not enough teams for four divisions in each league, & I would hate to see a NHL-type of point system determining playoff seedings. Also, theres of course not enough pitching talent to expand the league to 32 teams, so for now i think we're stuck with 3 division winners & the wild card.

I think at this point we're way beyond the 2 division leagues. After having so many races for all these years, I don't think anyone would want to go back to that (Myself included...the Mets would be out of it by June most years).

Actually, upon rereading your point regarding the round 1 bye, it is sounding better & better. But they need to even out the leagues of course...
Just to be clear, my intent was not to call you out on the Wild Card issue, but only to point out that it is one of those great conundrums: something that needs to be changed, but with no obvious or easy solution. Note that I agreed with your original assessment that the Wild Card is just wrong.
Old 05-30-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:

1) METS RULE!!!

I think I'll replace 'Mets' with 'Blue Jays.

2) The DH has no place in baseball. It has completely ruined the American League. Baseball is 9 players at a time. That is inherent in the beauty of the game. Adding the DH has turned the AL into some kind of schoolyard joke. I think the fans of the DH probably only support it because their teams use it, so by default they like their team, they like the players on their team, they like the big bopper playing DH on their team, they like the DH rule. IF THE NATIONAL LEAGUE EVER ADOPTS THE DH RULE I WILL NEVER WATCH BASEBALL AGAIN. Seriously. & I love this game. That's what I mean by saying it actually ruins the game.

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree with you here. Besides a very few pitchers, one will either see the pitcher hit a sacrifice bunt or strikeout(or other method of getting out) and I would rather see another batter that actually has more of a chance of getting a hit(or course, the way some of the supposedly "powerful" DHs are hitting this year, I guess pitchers wouldn't be much of a difference.) than almost an "automatic out".

I love the game as well, but I would not stop watching the games if the DH was taken away from the American League. I'm not bashing you for your opinion oldawg, honest, I just think that a fan shouldn't leave because of a rule change(unless it was more severe than a positional change).

3) Interleague play sucks. Although I have to admit its kind of fun to play the Yanks, or even just to see a few different teams now & then, Interleague play chips away at the integrity of the pennant race. Each division needs a balanced schedule (by balanced I mean heavy on Division games, followed by heavy on League games), so each league can have a true champion, & those two teams can play in the World Series for it all.

I agree with you here. It was neat the first season or two, but now it is just a waste of time. It doesn't help much with the standings(less games played against divisional/wild card rivals). I would not be sad if it was taken away. I will say that I am a little pissed that we do not get to see Doc Halladay back in Toronto because they are sooo worried about the protestors at the G20 Conference that they moved the games to Philadelphia. Nice.

4) Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. Of course he should. He's the best hitter to ever play the game, right? It doesn't matter if he's an asshole, he was the best.

Again, I agree. He always bet for his team to win, never to lose. If he had bet for his team to lose, then I would say he doesn't desever to be there(throwing games, for example), but since it was always to win? His stats say he deserves to be there. If Roiders can make it in, why shouldn't he?

5) So should Shoeless Joe Jackson. I never saw him obviously, but this is the usual argument given about Rose. Jackson =.356 lifetime avg. C'mon already.

I don't know if he'll ever be allowed in. His stats say he deserves to be, but throwing games is pretty much the worst thing you can do in professional sports, and for that reason I find it unlikely that they will ever vote him in(or by any other mode of letting him in).

6) So far, I've got no problem with the use of replay. I'd prefer not to have it, but when modern umpires suck sooooooobad, you've got to do something to get the calls correct. As long as they keep its use minimal, im ok for now.

I agree. The Umpires are fallible and have already shown that they can make mistakes. For something that can change the game(home run vs double, for example), it could make a difference. As long as it isn't overused, I don't mind it.

I strongly disagree. Being stuck in a division with the Yankees and Red Sox(sorry smc), the Jays are always behind the 8-ball. I feel they should either expand the playoffs somehow or change up the Divisions. Either that, or create a TRUE Salary Cap rather than the current joke that makes the Yankees laugh as they sign Free Agent after Free Agent.(can you tell I can't stand the Yankees?)

8) Gary Carter should be in the Hall of Fame AS A MET. 'nough said.

Expo?

9) I know it's reeeeaaal early, but Ike Davis looks like the real deal. Let's hope so!

I don't follow the Mets, but I take it he's a Rookie?

Well, I've said my peace. May the best team win, & Lemme have it~
oldawg
Welcome to the thread, old dawg. Nice to see another baseball fan here. I'll reply to your above points using the blue font.
Old 05-31-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Just to be clear, my intent was not to call you out on the Wild Card issue, but only to point out that it is one of those great conundrums: something that needs to be changed, but with no obvious or easy solution. Note that I agreed with your original assessment that the Wild Card is just wrong.
agreed...i dont have an answer for this one...