Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 03-02-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

jolo will become famous soon enoughjolo will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Request for a small technical change

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I would like to request a small, technical change to the forum.

For me, when I receive an email notifying me that there has been a new posting to a thread that I am subscribed to, there is a link that takes me to the newly added posts. This is GREAT.

However, there is a difference in this forum from the many others that I am involved in. If I go to reply, post a new reply to a different thread or start a new one or download/upload a photo, I am then asked to login.

It is my experience that typically when there is a link from an email to forum activity, I would first be asked to login, then I am taken to the appropriate area.

This is no big deal, not the most important thing in the world, but is a small inconvenience to me. What I now do, if I remember is after the email link takes me in, then I head to the top, login, then go back to where the link took me.

Thanks for listening. The forum is technically, content wise and managed excellently.

Jon
Old 03-04-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Jon, the best thing to do for this would be to send SSL a PM. He is the only one with the ability to make such a change(it it is possible).
Old 03-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Jon, the best thing to do for this would be to send SSL a PM. He is the only one with the ability to make such a change(it it is possible).
Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure where technical suggestions go, as I didn't say anyplace marked off.
However, the forum is very polished and one of the stronger, technically advanced forums I am a member of.

Jon
Old 03-06-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure where technical suggestions go, as I didn't say anyplace marked off.
However, the forum is very polished and one of the stronger, technically advanced forums I am a member of.

Jon
You are quite welcome. Let me know how it goes.
Old 03-07-2011
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

SSL has disabled reputation

hey jolo,
i suggest You tick a "remember me" checkbox the next time You login. It then won't ask You to enter your password again each time you want to reply to a new thread.

Quote:
However, there is a difference in this forum from the many others that I am involved in. If I go to reply, post a new reply to a different thread or start a new one or download/upload a photo, I am then asked to login.
This is because viewing threads is allowed for anonymous users, so you are only asked to log in when you want to post something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Hey, and we have got a great mod team as well

cheers,
ssl
Old 03-07-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL View Post
hey jolo,
i suggest You tick a "remember me" checkbox the next time You login. It then won't ask You to enter your password again each time you want to reply to a new thread.
Hey, and we have got a great mod team as well
cheers,
ssl
About the checkbox. I DO tick the checkbox, which will works for me sometimes because :
  • I run software called "Ccleaner", which will clean out my Cookies, each time I run it. IF I don't have the Cookie that the check box added, then I will have to login again. I run Ccleaner at least once a day.
  • In Ccleaner, I place names of Cookies that are to be exempt from being cleaned out. However, I do not know the name of the cookie that is related to the Trans Ladyboy forum.
  • If you can furnish me with the name of the Cookie that the forum creates, then I will add it to my Ccleaner exception list.
You and your team do an amazing job !! I would volunteer as a "beta" tester, whenever you might implement any modifications to the forum.

Thank you very much,
Jon

PS: Ccleaner is free software and I am NOT attempting to create a free add for them. I just happen to use it.
Old 03-08-2011
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

The most obvious solution for you would be:
1. clear all cookies
2. log in
3. see what new cookies were added and keep them
Old 03-08-2011
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

I believe You have to keep these two:
bbuserid
bbpassword

You might also need these ones:
bbsessionhash
bbstyleid
bblastvisit
bblastactivity
bbthread_lastview
Old 03-13-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Alston is on a distinguished road

Yes i agree with SSL in this matter.
Old 03-13-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL View Post
The most obvious solution for you would be:
1. clear all cookies
2. log in
3. see what new cookies were added and keep them
Great suggestion. Many times it is the simple approach, to diagnosing tech situations, which get overlooked.

Apparently, all I needed was to tell my Cookie Cleaner software (Ccleaner), to ignore "forum.transladyboy.com" and I don't have to re-logon. Thank you !!

Now it is working. There also were a couple of others that seemed to come up, that were part of a marketing company that puts them there, which pulls data for marketing and allows ads to come up. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of them. They are gone.
What I had to do was to go to the web site for that company and let them know that I wanted to be Excluded from being on their advertising lists.

I probably have about 30 cookies that I exclude from being cleaned.
But it is amazing what does get put out on our computers, without our knowledge and acceptance.
I find it so many of them to be a violation, like someone coming to my house and putting in some sort of surveillance equipment, in my home.

I know that many people are concerned about "hackers" getting into their systems, when in truth, it is the Corporate paid Internet marketing companies, who are the ones that we really have to look at.

I also use some software on my firewall (avast!) where I have posted some links that I never want to have opened. Microsoft's "Bing" is one of them.
Then I have some domain/web sites that I put in my routers configuration software that keeps them away permanently. I was shocked when Bing actually went into my Firefox configuration file and modified it, to make Bing a primary search engine.

Thanks,

Jon