Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 02-01-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Kylieam1 is on a distinguished road

The furst goal was his fault but rooney and parks goals not many goalies could have saved
Old 02-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Kirsty Scott will become famous soon enoughKirsty Scott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_J View Post
Most people I know here in the UK would be very happy if anybody apart from Chelsea or Man U won it again - it does get very tedious the same sides winning the Premier League every year.
HUH! You should try following Scottish Fitba ......

(If that's what you could call it ..... !)

At least you can say there is usually some excitement at the top of the league between 4-6 teams ...... even if they do start to fall away at the end of the season.

Can't you take the weegies off our hands? I doubt they'ed even do well in the championship though .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-04-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty Scott View Post
HUH! You should try following Scottish Fitba ......

(If that's what you could call it ..... !)

At least you can say there is usually some excitement at the top of the league between 4-6 teams ...... even if they do start to fall away at the end of the season.

Can't you take the weegies off our hands? I doubt they'ed even do well in the championship though .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Hi there Kirsty, pleased to see you on here I've seen a few pictures of you around the net and you do look very sexy...

Ha, yeah, I suppose the Premier League must look more interesting than the SPL - and no, very few people south of the border really wants Celtic or Rangers (they only want to get their snouts in the trough to save themselves from bankruptcy anyway).

I doubt they'd even cut it in League One nowadays
Old 02-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ts_addict will become famous soon enough

Tgirls that talk football = AWESOME.

Old 02-04-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

I agree
Old 02-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

AssMassage is on a distinguished road

I mean no one can stop Chelsea
Old 02-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Kirsty Scott will become famous soon enoughKirsty Scott will become famous soon enough

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for the welcome .... and the compliment. Very much appreciated ....

Go on please take the Glasgow clubs off us ..... stick them in the Blue Square Premier League ..... The supporters will think they have joined a European Super League .....

And of course T-Girls like football ..... I mean fit guys in tight shorts .... and better when they take off their tops to celebrate ......

Apart from Wayne Rooney that is ......

Anyway ..... what shoud I do if I think John Terry has made me pregnant .... ?
Perhaps he can come to Aberdeen on loan, now that he has burnt his bridges, at least until our child is born .....

Seriously ..... what does everyone think of him getting sacked as England Manager .... I think it's pathetic. Not a football matter and at very least they could have spoken to him off the record and let the man step down as captain .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

I think they made the right decision by taking the armband away from him.

The media witch hunt made it inevitable imo.The fact he tried to hide it all by getting the injunction made it even worse.
He should have stepped down the moment the story got released. It will undoubtedly cause some aggro in the dressing room, especially if Bridge (or any City player) gets a called up.

All this because he didn't have the will power to keep it in his pants. Rather pathetic imo. 3 billion women in the world and he had to go for the mother of a team mates son & with a family at home.
Old 02-05-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura aboutTGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura aboutTGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura about

Hey gurls. I support Man United, yay. Might as well say something bout John Terry. Personally i think they shouldnt have taken the captains band away from him. its only one silly affair and this shouldnt affect football... demoting him isnt helping. i dont know full details of it and it was obviosly in thr past... this obviously hasnt affected the relationship between Terry and Bridge as we havent heard or seen of a conflict between them... they r being professional about this situation (as far as i know)... yes hes a rolemodel but a woman shouldnt affect his status as one. i think this situation has been blown up too much by the fact that this affair was hidden from the public.
Old 02-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Boo United! City fan here.

There has been various stories about Bridge saying he would never be in the same room as Terry, let alone the same team.

If one of them has to be left out, Bridge would be the obvious choice. So for him it's international retirement or Terry gets dropped. One of those isn't going to happen.
Old 02-06-2010
Natalie_J

No problem Kirsty, hope to see more of you on here...

The only fair way to admit Scottish sides into the English league would be to let them all in, right down to Elgin and Montrose and let them scrap it out for a while. However, the increased financial pressures that some clubs are coming under mean that there'll very likely be a few spaces in the higher leagues in the next year or two. I can't see Portsmouth lasting much longer...

As for John Terry - there's been a few allegations of extra-marital affairs and general drunken unpleasantness before, so I'm not surprised by this recent stuff. Although he personally strikes me as a nasty little man (and one not worth any sympathy) I think the press have gone out of their way to 'get' him and hitting them with gagging orders has just made it worse for him.

Replacing him as England captain with Ferdinand, however, is a poor move - though I'm not sure who else I'd pick.
Old 02-06-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Tgirl anna nice to know i am not the only united fan here. Good win for us today btw
Old 02-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura aboutTGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura aboutTGirl Anna girly_feet_boy has a spectacular aura about

yay United. and 5 nil to us .. tho couple those were own goals.. but no matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylieam1 View Post
Tgirl anna nice to know i am not the only united fan here. Good win for us today btw
Old 02-07-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferParisFan View Post
Well I'm hoping that it distracts him a little bit for 2moro's game against Arsenal, but it probably wont. And the player we really need to hope has an off day is Drogba, which won't happen either.
You were quite right - is that the end of Arsenal's title hopes? Making up 9 points now seems unlikely.
Old 02-08-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

JenniferParisFan has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
You were quite right - is that the end of Arsenal's title hopes? Making up 9 points now seems unlikely.
Barring some amazing and very unlikely results I don't think we can get any better than 2nd or 3rd now , oh well maybe we can pull some type of miracle off in the Champions League...maybe
Old 02-08-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Nani is playing really well at the moment and who cares how many own goals they created. I wish they'd try rooney and owen as the 2 upfront instead of berbatov
Old 02-08-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Really don't think we (City) can get into the top 4 now.
Old 02-08-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

As for John Terry - there's been a few allegations of extra-marital affairs and general drunken unpleasantness before, so I'm not surprised by this recent stuff. Although he personally strikes me as a nasty little man (and one not worth any sympathy) I think the press have gone out of their way to 'get' him and hitting them with gagging orders has just made it worse for him.

Replacing him as England captain with Ferdinand, however, is a poor move - though I'm not sure who else I'd pick.
I totally agree ...

In fact if I were John Terry .... I'd follow Vinnie Jones example and leave football for a career in acting ...

He'd be ideal for the lead in a Bridge too far ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-08-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
Nani is playing really well at the moment and who cares how many own goals they created. I wish they'd try rooney and owen as the 2 upfront instead of berbatov
Fergie has already said somewhere that he's reluctant to start the two of them together as they are both similar types of players and they would get in each other's way. He's hardly going to drop Rooney right now, so Owen will be warming the bench for a while longer I think. So much for moving to United in order to get his England place back...

Thing is, Ferguson must've known that when he signed Owen, as it's exactly the same thing that happened when the two of them played for England. A cynic might suggest he grabbed Owen just to make sure nobody else got him...
Old 02-08-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Fergie has already said somewhere that he's reluctant to start the two of them together as they are both similar types of players and they would get in each other's way. He's hardly going to drop Rooney right now, so Owen will be warming the bench for a while longer I think. So much for moving to United in order to get his England place back...

Thing is, Ferguson must've known that when he signed Owen, as it's exactly the same thing that happened when the two of them played for England. A cynic might suggest he grabbed Owen just to make sure nobody else got him...
They did get Owen on a free transfer so it was pretty much a win win from Fegie's point of view. Definately wish Wenger would have signed him up first oh well.
Old 02-09-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

sucka.free is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginGuy View Post
Liverpool are my team, not a good season for us! Hopefully we'll get some money soon and buy some more decent players, all we seem to have at the moment is Gerrard, Torres, Kuyt and Benayoun doing all the work. But I'll stick by Liverpool through thick and thin
Thats the spirit!..

"You'll never walk alone!"
Old 02-09-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

It is the same thing that happened for England .... Fergie may have thought he could find a position for both of them in the team ...... one on the wing or one behind the other in the middle ..... but more likely, for a free transfer he was looking to strengthen his squad.

Let's face it with the length of seasons that the top teams have including the European games, players need rest and pick up injuries (and we all know that Owen acquires a lot of them) ..... so he has to look at strength and depth in every position. If Rooney gets injured ... he gets to bring on Owen ....

That's where the Aston Villas, Spurs, Evertons, and even to some extent Arsenal and Liverpool can't keep up with Man. Utd and Chelsea .... Not because the first team isn't up to scratch .... but when they are struck by a spate of injuries they don't have the same quality to take off the bench ....

God I feel like such a hypocrite talking like that when I support Aberdeen ..... who were basically a fluffer club for Fergie .... We got him ready for action when he headed south .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-09-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

I know I'm repeating myself here, but Tgirls talking footy is one of the hottest things ever!
Old 02-10-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts_addict View Post
I know I'm repeating myself here, but Tgirls talking footy is one of the hottest things ever!
It's because tactically it's just like sex .....

Organising 11 men into whatever position is going to satisfy me and get the result I am hoping for, I am looking for effort and performance, a game of big tackles, plenty action in the box, I want my guys to be exploiting any opening at the rear, closing up any gaps, pushing hard all the time and shooting on target.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-10-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Organising 11 men into whatever position is going to satisfy me and get the result I am hoping for, I am looking for effort and performance, a game of big tackles, plenty action in the box, I want my guys to be exploiting any opening at the rear, closing up any gaps, pushing hard all the time and shooting on target.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Will you marry me and have my babies?
Old 02-10-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts_addict View Post
Will you marry me and have my babies?
How many babies do you have?

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-10-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

None.... yet.
Old 02-10-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kirsty
xxx xxx
You must really like rugby then, Kirsty. There is lots more groping, shoving, and moving as one involved in that than in football.
Old 02-10-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Surprised chelsea lost today and manchester was unfortunate tohave nani sent off. That was only a yellow card. Owen on arsenal would be weird for me to see
Old 02-11-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Great day for Arsenal today. They beat Liverpool 1-0 and were lucky enough to have Chelsea lose to Everton 2-1 and Man U tie Aston Villa 1-1. Having said that we looked like we still need a true striker that can finish off attacks and score some goals. We have to wait till next season to get Van Persie back and apparently Chamakh from Bordeaux, for now we have to rely on Bendtner and Arshavin playing up top until Eduardo gets healthy.
Old 02-11-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

sucka.free is on a distinguished road
Default oh my liverpool

Quote:
Great day for Arsenal today. They beat Liverpool 1-0 and were lucky enough to have Chelsea lose to Everton 2-1 and Man U tie Aston Villa 1-1. Having said that we looked like we still need a true striker that can finish off attacks and score some goals. We have to wait till next season to get Van Persie back and apparently Chamakh from Bordeaux, for now we have to rely on Bendtner and Arshavin playing up top until Eduardo gets healthy.
crappy day for liverpool!..we lost..we had a good unbeaten streak from just before Christmas..and we lost it..much credit to the guys though..i honestly think they played really well...i don't think arsenal deserved to win yesterday..their game was completely lacklustre...liverpool were definitely the better team i'd say..
..oh well
Old 02-11-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... and manchester was unfortunate tohave nani sent off. That was only a yellow card. Owen on arsenal would be weird for me to see
No it wasn't, I clearly remember seeing the ref wave his little red card in the air.

But seriously, even when Fergie was questioned about the two-footed challenge he said, "It was a red card. It was a naive tackle," and Fergie hardly ever agrees with red cards shown to his players.

Last edited by dauls; 07-06-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-11-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
You must really like rugby then, Kirsty. There is lots more groping, shoving, and moving as one involved in that than in football.
Sure I like Rugby ....... I thought I'd make a good Hooker at one point .... but I kept forgetting to charge my visitors ....

Those scrums also remind me of some of the parties I have had ..... when I have had 10-11 guys all around me ....

I am enjoying the 6 Nations at the moment I have to say ..... key match this weekend between the Irish and French.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-11-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
A good day for the whole league ..... keeps it tighter at the top and a bit more excitement for a bit longer ....

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-12-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

City v Liverpool is next weekend.

Huge game.
Old 02-16-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Play-off for 4th Champions League spot...

Friday's main story:
The Premier League is considering a proposal to introduce a play-off for the fourth Champions League place. The teams that finish from 4th to 7th could play a mini-knockout competition.

At least 14 of the 20 clubs would have to approve this change and due to existing TV deals the play-offs couldn't be introduced for at least another three seasons.

Surely we already have a play-off for Champions League qualification... it's the 38-game Premier League.

England should be represented in Europe by our best teams, and after 38 games the top four are obviously the best qualified.
Spanish, Italian, German and other European sides would love it if England sent one weaker team into Europe.
Over the 17 Premier League seasons the 4th placed team has finished an average;
* 4.7 points ahead of 5th
* 10.6 points ahead of 7th

Last season 4th placed Arsenal finished on 72 points...
* 9 points clear of Everton (5th)
* 19 points clear of Fulham (7th), with a record of 14 wins, 11 draws and 13 losses; hardly a record to worry Europe's big teams.

It's a nice idea to have different clubs in the Champions League, but they should qualify by finishing in the top 4. Anyway, this season it looks like one of the 'Big Four' might miss out on Champions League football next season.

Then there is the problem an extra 2 or 3 games would cause for the four teams in the play-offs, especially in World Cup and European Championship years. How would the play-off games be squeezed in around the FA Cup Final before the players had to be released to join up with their own National Squads. These play-offs wouldn't just affect England's National Squad, but roughly half the Countries represented at a World Cup. And if a top international player was injured during these play-offs and missed the World Cup, the Premier League would be crucified.

It just looks like the Premier League are looking for another way to make more money, remember the PL's previously proposed '39th Game' has rightly been blown out of the water.

An afterthought: Imagine if this proposal is accepted and in it's first season Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs or Man City finish 4th and then lose the Champions League spot to one of the 'Big Four' in the play-off. The Chairman of the club that came 4th, but still failed to land Champions League football, would wish he'd never voted for the play-offs.
Old 02-17-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Friday's main story:
The Premier League is considering a proposal to introduce a play-off for the fourth Champions League place. The teams that finish from 4th to 7th could play a mini-knockout competition.

At least 14 of the 20 clubs would have to approve this change and due to existing TV deals the play-offs couldn't be introduced for at least another three seasons.

Surely we already have a play-off for Champions League qualification... it's the 38-game Premier League.

England should be represented in Europe by our best teams, and after 38 games the top four are obviously the best qualified.
Spanish, Italian, German and other European sides would love it if England sent one weaker team into Europe.
Over the 17 Premier League seasons the 4th placed team has finished an average;
* 4.7 points ahead of 5th
* 10.6 points ahead of 7th

Last season 4th placed Arsenal finished on 72 points...
* 9 points clear of Everton (5th)
* 19 points clear of Fulham (7th), with a record of 14 wins, 11 draws and 13 losses; hardly a record to worry Europe's big teams.

It's a nice idea to have different clubs in the Champions League, but they should qualify by finishing in the top 4. Anyway, this season it looks like one of the 'Big Four' might miss out on Champions League football next season.

Then there is the problem an extra 2 or 3 games would cause for the four teams in the play-offs, especially in World Cup and European Championship years. How would the play-off games be squeezed in around the FA Cup Final before the players had to be released to join up with their own National Squads. These play-offs wouldn't just affect England's National Squad, but roughly half the Countries represented at a World Cup. And if a top international player was injured during these play-offs and missed the World Cup, the Premier League would be crucified.

It just looks like the Premier League are looking for another way to make more money, remember the PL's previously proposed '39th Game' has rightly been blown out of the water.

An afterthought: Imagine if this proposal is accepted and in it's first season Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs or Man City finish 4th and then lose the Champions League spot to one of the 'Big Four' in the play-off. The Chairman of the club that came 4th, but still failed to land Champions League football, would wish he'd never voted for the play-offs.
It sounds like an interesting idea, but as you said they already play enough games. For instance if Arsenal was in the "playoffs" then we would probably end up losing another 2-3 players for the beginning of next season, which is always fun.

In non Premier League news, Lyon defeats Real 1-0 in Champions league!
Old 02-17-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
It sounds like an interesting idea, but as you said they already play enough games. For instance if Arsenal was in the "playoffs" then we would probably end up losing another 2-3 players for the beginning of next season, which is always fun.

In non Premier League news, Lyon defeats Real 1-0 in Champions league!
Obviously it works in the Championship before they are thiking of adopting it for the Premiership .....

As long as teams know at the start of the season the squad size and tactics can be taken into account .... for instance if teams in 4th or 5th can't catch up the top two but are guaranteed a place in the top 4 they can rest players .... give other squad players a chance to get match fit etc .....

However, It would really be more devastating for the likes of say Everton finish in that position .... which they probably won't sustain they next season and then lose the play off's ..... the fans would be gutted.

However, it takes away from the "The Champions League" even more than it already is ..... if teams who finish 8th .... just above mid table get to play in it.

The need to do something to make the Uefa Cup more interesting .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-18-2010

Lightbulb Helping the UEFA Cup, n.k.a. the Europa League...

Quote:
Obviously it works in the Championship before they are thiking of adopting it for the Premiership .....

As long as teams know at the start of the season the squad size and tactics can be taken into account .... for instance if teams in 4th or 5th can't catch up the top two but are guaranteed a place in the top 4 they can rest players .... give other squad players a chance to get match fit etc .....

However, It would really be more devastating for the likes of say Everton finish in that position .... which they probably won't sustain they next season and then lose the play off's ..... the fans would be gutted.

However, it takes away from the "The Champions League" even more than it already is ..... if teams who finish 8th .... just above mid table get to play in it.

The need to do something to make the Uefa Cup more interesting .....

Kirsty
xxx xxx

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Helping the UEFA Cup, or Europa League (as they have started calling it this season)...

I suppose they could award the Europa League Champions a place in the Champions League for the following season. It's a prize the teams will want to fight for, and they won't pick weakened sides like Aston Villa did in Europe this season.

And they should stop adding the teams that finish the Champions League Group Stage in 3rd place to the knockout stage of the Europa Cup.

Note:
* If Fulham make it to the Europa Cup Final it would be their 19th European football match of the season. That's too many.
* While the Champions League Final would only be Chelsea's or Man Utd's 13th and Arsenal's 15th Euro fixture of the season.
Old 02-20-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Another great weekend for Arsenal after a disappointing performance against Porto. We moved to within 2 points of Man U after they lost 3-1 to Everton, and Arsenal beat Sunderland 2-0. The way things are going right now we might be able to steal 2nd place or even 1st. And how about Everton, after starting their season off with a 6-1 loss against Arsenal, they've now beat the top 2 teams in the league 2 weeks in a row
Old 02-26-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Will anyone going to a Portsmouth game please start throwing money at the players .....

But if you are going wrap up warm it's going to be -9 there.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Old 02-27-2010

Quote:
Will anyone going to a Portsmouth game please start throwing money at the players .....

But if you are going wrap up warm it's going to be -9 there.

Kirsty
xxx xxx
Unfortunately that usually gets a fan ejected by the fuzz.
Old 02-27-2010
Natalie_J

Quote:
Unfortunately that usually gets a fan ejected by the fuzz.
No need to throw money at the players - the club have been doing that for years. That's one of the reasons they're in this mess.
Old 02-27-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Well Arsenal beat Stoke 3-1, but now Aaron Ramsey has a broken leg, from very hard but legal tackle by Shawcross. Thats 3 players (Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey) in 5 years at Arsenal who have had broken legs. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.
Old 02-27-2010

Quote:
Well Arsenal beat Stoke 3-1, but now Aaron Ramsey has a broken leg, from very hard but legal tackle by Shawcross. Thats 3 players (Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey) in 5 years at Arsenal who have had broken legs. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.
Ramsey's injury looked bad, and by the reaction of players from both teams (who looked nauseated) the break probably sounded horrendous.

Seeing a freeze-frame of the incident it looks like Ramsey will be very luck to be fit for the start of next season. He may not play again in 2010.

Shawcross looked inconsolable after the incident, he was probably hoping the referee would show him a red card.

I agree with you, it was a very hard, but legal challenge for the ball. Maybe a bit clumsy or over-enthusiastic, but definitely not malicious.

Meanwhile stupidity rules at news.bbc.co.uk/sport/, a post match reports states that "Ryan Shawcross was sent off for a tackle which left Aaron Ramsey with a suspected broken leg".

"Suspected?!?" I think everyone knew it was broken the moment it happened. After the game Arsene Wenger confirmed Ramsey had "a bad fracture, that probably requires emergency surgery".

Following the game Fabio Capello apparently delayed (by 40 minutes) the announcement of the England squad for Wednesday's friendly against Egypt. He wanted to have a final discussion with his assistant about whether it would be OK to include Shawcross in the squad following the incident at the Britannia Stadium.
Old 02-28-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Good win for united today. If young fell down after the shirt pull by vidc instead of keep running vidic would have been shown a red card. I am happy he only recieved a yellow today
Old 03-04-2010

Thumbs up Common sense in the Premier League.

The Premier League Clubs' chairmen have decided not to pursue a four team play-off for the 4th Champions League qualification place. The idea was scrapped mainly due to time constraints within the football calendar, especially in World Cup and European Championship years.

But a much stronger argument to stop any plan for play-off should have been; the teams that finish in the top 4 after 38 games deserve to play in the Champions League. Those 38 games are surely a good enough play-off, there is no need to play extra games to determine who qualifies.

However I'm sure the stupid idea of play-offs for a 4th Champions League qualification place, will be recycled at some time in the future.
Old 03-05-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The Premier League Clubs' chairmen have decided not to pursue a four team play-off for the 4th Champions League qualification place. The idea was scrapped mainly due to time constraints within the football calendar, especially in World Cup and European Championship years.

But a much stronger argument to stop any plan for play-off should have been; the teams that finish in the top 4 after 38 games deserve to play in the Champions League. Those 38 games are surely a good enough play-off, there is no need to play extra games to determine who qualifies.

However I'm sure the stupid idea of play-offs for a 4th Champions League qualification place, will be recycled at some time in the future.
Well thats good, I recently read an article that they were thinking of getting rid of the offsides rule, but I'm sure its complete hogwash.
Old 03-11-2010
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

How about this weekend in the Champions League? First Arsenal destroys Porto 5-0, and Bayern loses to Fiorentina 3-2 but make it to the next round thanks to a wonderful Robben goal. Then Man U beats AC Milan 4-0 and Rooney gets a brace, and then in probably the most shocking upsest of the Champions league so far Lyon ties Real Madrid 1-1 and knock Real out of the tournament. Looks like all that money in summer transfers still doesn't guarantee you a Champions League final.
Old 03-11-2010

Quote:
How about this weekend in the Champions League? First Arsenal destroys Porto 5-0, and Bayern loses to Fiorentina 3-2 but make it to the next round thanks to a wonderful Robben goal. Then Man U beats AC Milan 4-0 and Rooney gets a brace, and then in probably the most shocking upsest of the Champions league so far Lyon ties Real Madrid 1-1 and knock Real out of the tournament. Looks like all that money in summer transfers still doesn't guarantee you a Champions League final.
I didn't see the Arsenal game, but the result surprised me. I thought the second leg would be a lot closer, but for once Bendtner converted some of his chances, unlike the previous weekend against Burnley when he missed at least three really good ones.

Last night AC Milan were disappointing. Before Man U scored their first goal, Milan had a couple of chances, before Rooney scored his first goal against the run of play. Milan only looked like scoring again once Beckham came on as a sub.

I don't think Lyon beating Real Madrid is as big a shock as people are thinking. Lyon won the French title 7 consecutive seasons before missing out in 2008/09 and they are in the top 4 again this season. They played a really good 1st leg and last night managed to stay in the game before scoring the all important away goal. Real Madrid may have spent 200M Euros on players last summer, but they failed to spend enough on their defence, and if Lyon hadn't beaten them I'm sure Man U, Bayern or one of the other top European sides would have found their way through the Madrid defence.