Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 06-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about
Default What is Hormone therapy shock?

What does it feel like to be on hormones for such a long time?
What is the hormone therapy shock? How long does it last? What are physical effects?

Can hormones really affect the mind?
I mean, mood-swings are understandable; but can hormones change the way you think? Can thought patterns be altered by the interference of external agents like hormones?
Please go to details.
Old 06-02-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

I'm not a doctor.. but mamma did always want me to marry one.. oh wait no she didn't.. so here goes my off the top of the head stuff about 'mones.

Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) will shift body fat to create a more feminine form. It will also soften the facial features and the voice to a lesser degree. It will eventually change the desire for sex (some say remove) as well as remove the ability to maintian and eventually hold an erection. Production of sperm will lessen and eventual perminant sterillization. These are the commonly know things that happen with HRT. What else goes on??

HRT is essentially rewriting how your body functions on a basic level. Hair growth is hormonal, muscle growth is hormonal, and yes even attitudes and perceptions are hormonal. Things I have noticed:

Hair stopped growing on my chest and became finer and lighter on my legs and arms and bottom. No hair grown on my back and I did not start male patern baldness (both should have happened based on personal genetics).

Upper Body Strength lost. My muscles are longer and leaner than before. I was always in good shape, and worked out through transition. I immediately began workingout "like a woman" would when I started (more activity/less weight). But this was only working with my body to do what it was going to want to do anyway. The end result is I can lift less weight than I could before, but I have way more stamina. This is likely a combination of hormones and my actions.

Mental stuff...oh my... nobody wants to talk about this. Yes we get mood swings they last a few days. I want to direct this from the point of view of a TransMAN I know. He was born a woman and is living as a guy. The way he describes taking testosterone is like all his emotions as woman just got flatlined. He feels "sad" and "angry" and "happy" but in a cerebral way. He is disconnected from the feelings and has more control and delay on how to express them.

Me.. I feel emotions in my body. I was always a "sensitive guy" and "In Touch" with my feelings, so I didn't think much of it when TGs told me about the shift in emotions. Being emotional, it is hard to describe. It is like all the feelings I had as a guy, but deeper.

Another thing that can happen is some women will start out expecting to be lesbian. They are transitioning late in life and have halway liked women and never liked men. being with a guy never crosses their minds. Slowly these women will sometime start to look at men differently and eventually take some as lovers. This last could be hormonal (most women this happens to claim it is) or it could be social conditioning to be in a heterosexual pair. I also know one TG who went from liking men exclusively to as her emotions deepened her undersanding to and attraction to women grew.

I'll try to find other stuff...
Old 06-02-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

http://www.sexuality.org/l/transgen/hormone.html

Woo.. there was even some stuff that happened to me cocsistent to what others had reported that I hadn't actually connected to HRT
Old 06-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Lightbulb

Quote:
Upper Body Strength lost. My muscles are longer and leaner than before....The end result is I can lift less weight than I could before, but I have way more stamina.
Do normal women have more stamina than men? Its a great advantage though. I knew a girl who wanted to try testosterone injections and she actually was considering becoming a man! She wanted to become a pilot and tried her luck in military training. She thought male hormones would reinforce and strenghen her muscle structure and make her more powerful.:Rolleyes:
Quote:
Me.. I feel emotions in my body.
Hah! That happens to me sometimes. Certain feelings in my body are associated with the upsurge of particular emotions in my mind. This reminds me of Vipassana meditation!
But may be you and I are talking about different things. How do you feel emotions in your body?
Old 06-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Strength Loss or erection loss... Is that all they mean by "shock"?
I thought it was some violent reaction to hormones. You know, the body tries to reject substances that are foreign, unfamilier or unusual like abnormal levels of Oestrogen in a male body?
Old 06-02-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
Strength Loss or erection loss... Is that all they mean by "shock"?
I thought it was some violent reaction to hormones. You know, the body tries to reject substances that are foreign, unfamilier or unusual like abnormal levels of Oestrogen in a male body?
It could be the emotional shock. The first few months of HRT is really like puberty all over. The first big mood swing will catch anyone off guard. Switching on and off HRT makes the mood swings take longer to acclamate to.
Old 06-02-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

The stamina could just be me, since other TGs say they lose energy and get tired more easily. The two happened around the same time for me,. Could have been less focus on lifting weight and more focus on toneing the body with cardio exercise.

Before, the registration of emotion was more cerebral. I'm saying that men don't FEEL emotion, but it is more compartmentalised I think. For me, if I am sad, it hits me like a weight. I register it as a physical sensation as well as an emotional one. It was much easier to not express my emotions as a guy. It is hard to describe.

What I registered as "happy" before would now be "pleased". The depth of the feelings is more and with a greater complexity. Again this is hard to describe without using poetry (and I'm a lousy poet).