Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 09-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

mrtrebus has a spectacular aura aboutmrtrebus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mrtrebus Send a message via Skype™ to mrtrebus
Cool Alan Moore

Yo. Any Alan Moore fans out there? The greatest comic book writer of all time! I first got into him back in the good old days of 2000AD with Skizz & Halo Jones & then read all his American stuff. Of course we've got Watchmen coming out next year. What are fans favourite stuff? What do you think of the movie versions of his comics? As bad as most people think?
Old 09-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

nmlss will become famous soon enough

I've always wanted to read From Hell, but people I know that have read it says it's boring.... I don't know, I saw the movie and I liked.

But I prefer Neil Gaiman ;-P>
Old 09-09-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

mrtrebus has a spectacular aura aboutmrtrebus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to mrtrebus Send a message via Skype™ to mrtrebus

From hell is really gud, i read it before da movie tho and its very different
Old 09-11-2008
Mr. Grooby

seanchai will become famous soon enough

Alan Moore is awesome ... although Garth Ennis is my all time favourite graphic novel writer.
Old 09-11-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Moore is good, I like most of his stuff. Watchmen totally blew me away. I'm currently reading Promethia - really not his best stuff, but it has a female lead and a couple kinda-sorta trannies.
Old 09-11-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Kinda-sorta Trannies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
Moore is good, I like most of his stuff. Watchmen totally blew me away. I'm currently reading Promethia - really not his best stuff, but it has a female lead and a couple kinda-sorta trannies.
BIONCA,

Could you let me know what a kinda or sorta trannie is?
Old 09-12-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

A "kinda sorta tranny" is someone who transformed (magic/weird science/etc.) usually against their will from man to woman or man to shemale. The "dickgirls" from Japanese Manga/Hentai are an example.
Old 09-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

nmlss will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Quote:
A "kinda sorta tranny" is someone who transformed (magic/weird science/etc.) usually against their will from man to woman or man to shemale. The "dickgirls" from Japanese Manga/Hentai are an example.
I think I like shemales thanks to Ranma 1/2.

Can anyone tell me a comic to start reading Alan Moore?? I read "The Killing Joke" and I get dissapointed, I expected much more.
Old 09-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Thank You, Bionca

Quote:
BIONCA,

That certainly answers that question. Again, thank you.

Not to be considered as anything but a light-hearted comment to bring a smile to your pretty face: the man-to-woman magic would kinda & sorta solve part of your I-give-up blues. Sometimes, you just have to wear a smile in your bright eyes.
Old 09-20-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SweetCharmer will become famous soon enough

can't wait for the watchman movie thats gonna be big
Old 10-03-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Cyborg is an unknown quantity at this point

The greatest comic book writer ever? Are you sure?

I prefer the french Metal Hurlant releases and Enki Bilalīs and Pierre Christinīs stuff.
Old 11-09-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Kaiju is on a distinguished road

Moore is a genius. I love WATCHMEN, FROM HELL, V FOR VENDETTA and all that stuff. I also really enjoy reading his DC Universe stories, especially KILLING JOKE and FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING. And his work on SUPREME was just amazing.
On the other hand, I loath movie adaptions of his works. At least, the movies that have been shown. They never seem to get it right, FROM HELL was told from the wrong perspective and the characters were hugely altered, V FOR VENDETTA was simply to adjusted and *gah* colored, and don't even get me started on LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN. Also, judging by the footage released of the new WATCHMEN movie, it just is too damned "cool"-looking. I mean, take a look at Nite Owl, he looks like Batman or something, when he should be a middle-aged guy, slightly over-wheighed and in a silly spandex costume.
Oh, well, there's always the real thing to read.
Old 11-11-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

He wrote a lot of good stuff but haven't seen anything new in awhile oh and Killimg Joke was the best BATMAN story ever i just hate what he did to BATGIRL i still haven't forgiven him yet
Old 11-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
He wrote a lot of good stuff but haven't seen anything new in awhile oh and Killimg Joke was the best BATMAN story ever i just hate what he did to BATGIRL i still haven't forgiven him yet
Yes, but think of it this way, Transjen: that's what makes THE KILLING JOKE so brilliant. The fact that he did something so eye-popping and jaw-dropping to any comic fan that it made the story truly unforgettable. Not to mention, in one story Moore helped to redefine the Joker for being the sick bastard criminal that he is. And he helped to resuscitate and revamp Barbara Gordon into a more viable character, too, despite what happened to her.

And while we're praising THE KILLING JOKE and Alan Moore's script, let's also show a little love for Brian Bolland's art which took him ages to complete given the painstaking detail he puts into everything!
Old 11-12-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
Yes, but think of it this way, Transjen: that's what makes THE KILLING JOKE so brilliant. The fact that he did something so eye-popping and jaw-dropping to any comic fan that it made the story truly unforgettable. Not to mention, in one story Moore helped to redefine the Joker for being the sick bastard criminal that he is. And he helped to resuscitate and revamp Barbara Gordon into a more viable character, too, despite what happened to her.

And while we're praising THE KILLING JOKE and Alan Moore's script, let's also show a little love for Brian Bolland's art which took him ages to complete given the painstaking detail he puts into everything!
Thats true but i still wish he didn't do it to BATGIRL and your right about the Bolland art the best drawn BATMAN second only to Neal Adams Jennifer