Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 07-28-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Hmmmmm. I seem to recall something about a hat?
Old 07-30-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of
Default I want to return this pitcher

After watching todays Phillies Nats game all i can say is i want a refund on Roy Oswalt as it's apparent he's a defective pitcher
Philliefan Jen
Old 08-03-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

BOOOM! The Toronto Blue Jays tied an American League record by hitting 6 doubles in an inning. And the icing on the cake is that they did it while playing the New York Yankees.

Toronto won 8-6 and A-Roid went 0-5.
Old 08-04-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
BOOOM! The Toronto Blue Jays tied an American League record by hitting 6 doubles in an inning. And the icing on the cake is that they did it while playing the New York Yankees.

Toronto won 8-6 and A-Roid went 0-5.
What no love for A Rod? come on give him some love he is kinda cute you know

Jerseygirl Jen
Old 08-04-2010
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
What no love for A Rod? come on give him some love he is kinda cute you know

Jerseygirl Jen
Sorry Jen. I don't find him cute.

Toronto crushed the Yankees again, this time 8-2. A-Roid was 0-3.

The Yankees are no longer in first place. Good times.
Old 08-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

With September call-ups (a stupid MLB rule) less than a month away, and real races in all but one of the six combine AL and NL divisions, it seems like a good time to write a brief assessment of where things stand and, I hope, provoke some discussion in this rather moribund thread. These notes are, of course, one man's opinion; I profess no more or less baseball knowledge than the other regulars in the thread. The only advantage I bring to the discussion is my ability to recognize that baseball is the greatest sport humans have ever invented, something my Canadian friends seem to think is a description of another very great game sport that involves sticks, pucks, and ice. (There ... that ought to provoke discussion if the rest of this post fails.)

Remember, this is just opinion.

National League

Once again, the National League is giving us tremendously competitive divisional pennant races, just like last year, when the Wild Card was up for grabs down to the wire. It's also been fun to watch Joey Votto of the Reds chase the Triple Crown, although I think his RBI production has fallen off to the point where that chase is all but over. There is still time for Albert Pujols to boost his average and perhaps win the Triple Crown he so richly deserves, assuming Votto, Polanco, Gonzales and others drop a bit to help him out. The Triple Crown is, in my opinion, a symbol of the pre-steroids era, and it would be good for baseball for someone to win it again; it hasn't been done since 1967, when Carl Yastrzemski followed Frank Robinson from the previous season to make it two seasons in a row.

In the divisions, I think the East will go to Atlanta. The Phillies are doing remarkably well without Howard, Utley, and Victorino, but I think they'll fade just enough to let Atlanta slip in. The Central is anyone's call. St. Louis has the better pitching, and Cincinnati has the better offense. I give a slight edge to the Reds. In the West, I look for the Giants to surge. It's a gut feeling, and could be based on nothing more than the fact that I've always liked their uniform colors. I think the Wild Card is likely to be a West division team, so if my San Francisco prediction is correct the Padres will be going to the post-season.

American League

In a perfect baseball world, there would be some kind of reconstruction of the American League so that the East division isn't the home of what are usually the three best teams. It is ridiculous that the Blue Jays are 5 games over .500 and in fourth place, but would be in second place in the West.

The AL also has a Triple Crown possibility: Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers. I think he has the best chance in the Majors.

In the divisions, the West appears to be a runaway for the Texas Rangers. I think Texas will be very strong in the post-season, especially if the weather is unseasonably hot for their home games in Arlington. The Central is anyone's call. The Twins are formidable, and they have guys who can carry an entire team. Ozzie Guillen could always have some kind of meltdown that sows dissension in his clubhouse and screws the White Sox and their chances to win.

Being a Red Sox fan, I must reserve my most detailed assessment for the East. I want to be realistic. The Red Sox have taken a tremendous hit this season from all the injuries. Losing Kevin Youkilis for the season is a devastating blow. And yet, the Sox are one of baseball's most resilient teams, in part because Francona really knows how to manage a team as a team, and in part because of the strength of the minor league teams from which the Sox can bring up replacements. That said, I think this weekend's series with the Yankees is make-or-break (assuming that the Yankees and Rays don't implode on their own). The Sox victory last night was important, and the pitching matchups favor Boston on Sunday and Monday. If the Sox split the series, they are still in the running until the next big challenge. If the Sox take 3 of 4, that would be great. If the Sox sweep, the Yankees are toast.

The Rays are cruising along, and I see no reason to doubt that they will be in the thick of it up to the end. Most likely, they'll win the division. The Yankees' loss of Andy Pettite until late August, at best, is a huge blow. I don't think they've realized it yet. I also think the Yankees are in line for an injury to another key player; I'm not wishing for it, but it seems that when you have so many veterans, you ought to expect that to happen.

The Wild Card will come down to the Yankees, White Sox/Twins, and the Red Sox (the latter if they do well this weekend and keep up.

Recap

So, to recap, here's what I think things will look like at the end, based on an assessment today, August 7, 2010, at 10:20 am EST.

American League: East winner: Tampa Bay; Central winner: Minnesota; West winner: Texas; Wild Card winner: Boston.

National League: East winner: Atlanta; Central winner: Cincinnati; West winner: San Francisco; Wild Card winner: San Diego.

Last edited by smc; 08-07-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
.......The only advantage I bring to the discussion is my ability to recognize that baseball is the greatest sport humans have ever invented, something my Canadian friends seem to think is a description of another very great game sport that involves sticks, pucks, and ice. (There ... that ought to provoke discussion if the rest of this post fails.).......
That's right, smc. Hockey is the greatest sport ever invented.
Old 08-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
That's right, smc. Hockey is the greatest sport ever invented.
Like shooting fish in a barrel, my friend.
Old 08-07-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like shooting fish in a barrel, my friend.
No, hockey is nothing like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 08-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No, hockey is nothing like shooting fish in a barrel.
Touch?. I should have stipulated the antecedent, which was -- of course -- provoking a response from you or shadows.

Come to think of it, though, hockey is sometimes like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm thinking of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Old 08-07-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
.....Come to think of it, though, hockey is sometimes like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm thinking of the Philadelphia Flyers.
You could be right if want to refer the Flyers as steelheads.

(Note: Jen this is not a dergatory remark to the Flyers. There really is a fish called a steelhead. It's a salmon and lake trout hybrid.)
Old 08-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You could be right if want to refer the Flyers as steelheads.

(Note: Jen this is not a dergatory remark to the Flyers. There really is a fish called a steelhead. It's a salmon and lake trout hybrid.)
My reference to the Flyers actually had them as the ones shooting, not as the fish. In other words, taking easy targets -- like hitting someone with a high stick when he's not looking.

I'd rather eat my steelhead.
Old 08-11-2010
Dark Overlord

This is pissing me off!

Toronto takes 2 out of 3 games against the Yankees.

Toronto sweeps Tampa Bay.

Toronto decides to forget how to play freaking baseball against the Red Sox during the first two games in their series(a 7-5 and 10-1 loss for Toronto).

They are 2-9 against Boston, which is mind-boggling. I think at this point, it has gotten into their heads and a lot of their mistakes are mental ones. Boston is a good team, but Toronto should be playing better against them.

And of course Texas decided that since they didn't cough up the win yesterday, they would do so today. They lost 7-6 to the Yankees by giving up 2 runs in the top of the ninth. Dang it!
Old 08-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
And of course Texas decided that since they didn't cough up the win yesterday, they would do so today. They lost 7-6 to the Yankees by giving up 2 runs in the top of the ninth. Dang it!
You forgot to mention that the Rangers failed to score in the ninth after a leadoff triple!
Old 08-17-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

My beloved Red Sox have most certainly felt the sting of having 17 players on the disabled list this season, including key members of the team like Josh Beckett, Jacoby Ellsbury, Victor Martinez, and Kevin Youkilis, among others. Tonight, seven weeks after fouling a ball of his foot and breaking his foot, Dustin Pedroia returns to the lineup. I believe that the entire season for the Sox from here to the AL Wild Card hinges on Pedey. He is the sparkplug of this team. He is the best defensive 2nd baseman in baseball, a former Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player, and indispensable. If he is healthy, the Sox still have a chance. He is a diminutive guy, but he can carry the entire team on his back. Time will tell.

I'm going to tomorrow's game at Fenway, and can't wait to see Pedey back in the lineup!
Old 08-18-2010
Dark Overlord

So Morrow decides to suck a lemon the start after pitching a complete game 1-hitter?

*sigh*

Toronto as a whole sucked large tonight, and ended up losing 6-2 to Oakland.
Old 09-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

On August 7, I posted my predictions for the six Major League divisions. Now, 5 weeks later, and with the regular season quickly drawing to a close, it's time to face the music and see where things stand. Of course, things can and will still change in some divisions.

Here's what I predicted then. Let's start with the National League:

Quote:
National League: East winner: Atlanta; Central winner: Cincinnati; West winner: San Francisco; Wild Card winner: San Diego.
Here are where things stand as of this writing, mid-afternoon on September 15. The Braves continue their skid, having lost this afternoon to the lowly Capitals. That means that Philadelphia is now 2-1/2 games ahead in the East. Meanwhile, the Giants are behind the Braves in the Wild Card Race, but only by 1 game, with San Diego having taken the lead in the West by 1-1-/2 games (and is tied with the Rockies in the 3rd inning of today's game, as I write). The Central Division is shaping up exactly as I predicted, and the Reds have a comfortable 7-game lead.

My revised predictions for the National League: East winner: Philadelphia (a change); Central winner: Cincinnati (unchanged); West winner: San Diego; Wild Card winner: San Francisco.

Hence, the only change in the list of four teams making it to the playoffs is to replace the Braves with the Phillies. If I am correct, I suspect Transjen will be pleased.

Here's what I predicted for the American League back on August 7:

Quote:
American League: East winner: Tampa Bay; Central winner: Minnesota; West winner: Texas; Wild Card winner: Boston.
My prediction that Boston would take the Wild Card was predicated on two things. One was that the Yankees would have to have at least one period of extended under-.500 ball, since they had not to that date. Prior to last night's game, the Yankees had lost four in a row, the longest losing streak of the season for the Bronx Bombers. That came to an end in 10 innings last night. The other thing was a return to relative health for the Red Sox. Dustin Pedroia, so crucial to the Red Sox lineup, did return, only to go back on the disabled list after a couple of games. No team can endure the kinds of injuries the Sox have grappled with this season and play consisitently great ball, and yet the Sox stand at 17 games over .500. The Sox have used well more than 100 outfield lineups this season in 125 games -- just one example of the team's challenges.

I have to admit that the Sox playoff hopes are essentially non-existent. However, there is one hope: the Rays and the Yankees play each other several more times. If one of those two teams can win all the rest of the games, thus dropping the other team down in the standings consistently, and the Red Sox can play .750 ball between now and the end of the month, the Sox will sneak in. I will not make that prediction, however.

In the Central and West divisions, my predictions hold firm. Minnesota is 7 games ahead of the White Sox, and Texas is 9 games ahead of Oakland. As is always the case in the American League, the Wild Card will come from the East. Here are my revised predictions:

American League: East winner: Tampa Bay (unchanged); Central winner: Minnesota (unchanged); West winner: Texas (unchanged); Wild Card winner: New York (a change).

It won't be long before we can wrap up this baseball season and turn to hockey! Go Bruins! You have an epic choke to erase from our minds!
Old 09-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The 2010 World Series will be Phillies vs Rangers
With the Phillies winning in 7
Philliefan Jen
Old 09-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

My vote for the Hall of Fame class of 2011
Philliefan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 03-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
My vote for the Hall of Fame class of 2011
Philliefan Jen
That's just mean, Jen. Not what I would expect from you.
Old 09-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That's just mean, Jen. Not what I would expect from you.
Why is that mean? he was a key member of the Yankees for a long time and everyone loves good old Bucky he's a lot like Ron Santo two overlooked players who should be in the hall along with

Philliefan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 03-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is that mean? he was a key member of the Yankees for a long time and everyone loves good old Bucky he's a lot like Ron Santo two overlooked players who should be in the hall along with

Philliefan Jen
Jen, unless you were being

smc - baseball - Red Sox - blown 14.5 game lead - 1978 AL East tie-breaker game - Bucky Dent - 3-run homer - Damn Yankees win - smc very, very sad
Old 09-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Philliefan Jen
C'mon, Jen, you are enough of a baseball fan to know that Bucky Dent doesn't have anywhere near the statistics that make one even considered for the Hall of Fame, let alone inducted (even given the benefit of the doubt as a non-steroid user). And since I know you know he doesn't make the cut, I assumed this was a dig (perhaps unintentional) at my being a Red Sox fan and my most recent (posts). I apologize if I jumped to the wrong conclusion. In any case, Bucky Dent in any Hall of Fame other than a New York Yankees one (and even that would be only as a footnote for his Sox-crushing homer) is a non-starter.
Old 09-20-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bucky 'Bleeping' Dent

Quote:
C'mon, Jen, you are enough of a baseball fan to know that Bucky Dent doesn't have anywhere near the statistics that make one even considered for the Hall of Fame, let alone inducted (even given the benefit of the doubt as a non-steroid user). And since I know you know he doesn't make the cut, I assumed this was a dig (perhaps unintentional) at my being a Red Sox fan and my most recent (posts). I apologize if I jumped to the wrong conclusion. In any case, Bucky Dent in any Hall of Fame other than a New York Yankees one (and even that would be only as a footnote for his Sox-crushing homer) is a non-starter.
In Boston, I assume you continue to use the moniker "Fucky 'Bucking' Dent" or something similar.
Old 09-29-2010
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Slappy4011 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Slappy4011

Quote:
The 2010 World Series will be Phillies vs Rangers
With the Phillies winning in 7
Philliefan Jen
I like what you think! Go Phillies!
Old 10-02-2010
Dark Overlord

Boston has not played very good ball since they were officially eliminated(and losing that game in extras after getting the go-ahead runs from Mariano Rivera was frustrating)!

They had a chance to win Game #1 of the double-header today but a boneheaded error in the top of the 10th inning sealed Boston's fate.

While I am not a Boston fan like smc is, I feel I can safely say that Paplebon has blown way too many games this season(here's a scary fact, Kevin Gregg who is the closer for my beloved Blue Jays, has a better ERA than Paplebon!).

Philly has all the momentum. I think they are going to win it all. I think the Yankees are going out in the first round, regardless of whether they play the Twins or Rangers.
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Game one is in the books and it's time for the HAPPY DANCE as the Phillies beat the Reds
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-06-2010

Thumbs up Phillies 4-0 Reds

Quote:
Game one is in the books and it's time for the HAPPY DANCE as the Phillies beat the Reds
Philliefan Jen
Great result and in the first postseason game of his career the Doc pitched his second no-hitter of the season.
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

At this moment i'm more jazzed about the win then the fact it was only the second no hitter in post season history the other was Larson's perftect game in the world series
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Doc is amazing. I wish I could feel good about the Phillies winning, but I'm hoping for a Twins - Giants World Series.

I am happy for you to get to do the Happy Dance, though, Jen!
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Twins-Giants? have to ask why is there some history there that i'm unaware of? i like Kung-fu Panda
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Twins-Giants? have to ask why is there some history there that i'm unaware of? i like Kung-fu Panda
Philliefan Jen
Gee ... you're welcome ...

I have very good friends who are fans of those two teams, and especially for my SF friend it would be nice for his "season of torture" to end with a World Series bid for the Giants.
Old 10-06-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Gee ... you're welcome ...

I have very good friends who are fans of those two teams, and especially for my SF friend it would be nice for his "season of torture" to end with a World Series bid for the Giants.
Ah ok makes sense but as much as i like Kung-fu Panda i'll still rather see the Phillies vs Rangers but if the Giants get in then i'll be rooting for Kung-fu Panda

Panda loving Jen
Old 10-08-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Phillies win 7-4 so HAPPY DANCE
Jerseygirl Jen
Old 10-09-2010

After the Halladay inspired win in Game 1, the Reds' errors help the Phillies claim an ugly win in Game 2.
Old 10-10-2010

Thumbs up Phillies 2-0 Reds

Phillies win Game 3 of NLDS to claim a first postseason series sweep in franchise history.

It's great to see we have the Cole Hamels of 2008 back on the mound this season.

Time to see Stan & Ollie again.
Name:  Stan&Ollie.gif
Views: 41
Size:  45.9 KB
Old 10-10-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
Phillies win Game 3 of NLDS to claim a first postseason series sweep in franchise history.

It's great to see we have the Cole Hamels of 2008 back on the mound this season.

Time to see Stan & Ollie again.

I was just doing that dance
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-12-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

looks like i'm the last person who cares about the playoffs
Anywho it's the Rangers vs the Yankees
And the Phillies vs the Giants
My pick from before the playoffs still stand
Phillies vs Rangers and the Phillies win in 7
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-13-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Not true. You're just the last fan we know of on the site who has her or his favorite team still standing.

Quote:
lAnywho it's the Rangers vs the Yankees
Philliefan Jen
Hard to predict, but I'm going Giants vs. Rangers, and the Giants win in 6.
Old 10-13-2010
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Philliefan Jen
I'm not disinterested, but I'm not following the playoffs as closely as I would if Boston or Toronto were advancing.

I hope to see the Rangers in the World Series and I'm indifferent as to which team from the NL makes it. It will be an interesting series if it's the Rangers and Phillies. I would cheer for the Rangers, but I'm afraid that they don't have a hope against the Phillies.
Old 10-13-2010

Thumbs up Another Phillies fan...

Quote:
Philliefan Jen
Quote:
Not true. You're just the last fan we know of on the site who has her or his favorite team still standing.

Hard to predict, but I'm going Giants vs. Rangers, and the Giants win in 6.

I may live the wrong side of the pond, but I've been a Phillies fan for almost 20 years.

I suppose revenge over the damn Yankees for last season would be great. But I'd like to see us play Texas in the World Series: Phillies over Texas in 5 games.

Quote:
the anti-Yankees sentiment.

I've always hated those damn Yankees , and what they did to my beloved Phillies in October didn't help the situation.
Old 10-14-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

I may live the wrong side of the pond, but I've been a Phillies fan for almost 20 years.

I suppose revenge over the damn Yankees for last season would be great. But I'd like to see us play Texas in the World Series: Phillies over Texas in 5 games.
My most sincere apology for leaving you out, dauls.

If you want to admit publicly to being a Phillies fan, who am I to stand in your way?

And yes, you have made that clear on the site before. Mea culpa, mea culpa.
Old 10-15-2010

Quote:
If you want to admit publicly to being a Phillies fan, who am I to stand in your way?
Well we all do daft things.

Anyway, before 2004 you had plenty of reasons (85 to be precise ) to hide your allegiance to the Red Sox.
Old 10-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Anyway, before 2004 you had plenty of reasons (85 to be precise ) to hide your allegiance to the Red Sox.
I dout he hid RedSox fans are a lot like Cubs fans very vocal and royal just like us Phillies fans
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:

Quote:
I dout he hid RedSox fans are a lot like Cubs fans very vocal and royal just like us Phillies fans
Philliefan Jen
Jen's right. I never hid being a Red Sox fan. Unlike Cubs fans (but, I will admit, like Phillies fans), most longtime Red Sox fans are first and foremost baseball fans, not fans of a city's cultural phenomenon that happens to be a baseball team.
Old 10-15-2010

Quote:
Jen's right. I never hid being a Red Sox fan. Unlike Cubs fans (but, I will admit, like Phillies fans), most longtime Red Sox fans are first and foremost baseball fans, not fans of a city's cultural phenomenon that happens to be a baseball team.
Your Red Sox loyalty, I never doubted it for a second.
Old 10-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Through 7 innings, it is 5-1 Texas over New York. If Texas can win game #1, then I like their chances of taking out the Yankees. Honestly, besides Sabathia, the Yankees don't have spectacular starting pitching. Plus, they still get to face Cliff Lee in game #3!

I still can't believe that Minnesota rolled over like they did. They sucked!
Old 10-15-2010
Dark Overlord

Well, looks like the Ranger's bullpen decided to suck eggs. They blew a 5-0 lead and now it's 5-5 and there still isn't anyone out in the Yankee 8th! Talk about falling apart!
Old 10-15-2010
Dark Overlord

It is now a final. The Texas bullpen was the downfall, and they lost 6-5. Pathetic.
Old 10-15-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
It is now a final. The Texas bullpen was the downfall, and they lost 6-5. Pathetic.
Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it. Jeez, I hate the Yankees!

By the way, is there a baseball broadcaster more asinine in the entire world than Craig Sager?