Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 04-19-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
A big, big win for the Bruins at the Bell Centre tonight, taking down the Habs 4-2. There's still life left!
I feel that Boston got lucky due to the way they played the 3rd period. Plus, Bergeron should have been called for interference or tripping right before the Bruins scored their 3rd goal(Price totally blew that one! Wow!).

Game 4 should be a close one. It will be a 1-goal game, but I think that Montreal will pull off the victory.

Vancouver will probably sweep their series. I don't think that Torres hit was suspension-worthy, but it's not like he is a huge factor for Vancouver anyhow. Jonathan Toews did not give any credit to Vancouver at all, which I have to totally disagree with. If Vancouver was such a beatable team(like Toews seems to think), why do they have a 3-0 game lead? Show some respect to your opponents sometimes, as disrespecting them like this just shows how out-to-lunch you are!

Detroit won again 4-2. They are probably going to sweep the series, and then the Coyotes can concentrate on going back to where they belong...Winnipeg.

Philadelphia won 4-2, and it was a pretty chippy game(not too surprising), giving them a 2-1 series lead.

Pittsburgh won their game 3-2 and now hold a 2-1 series lead. I think Kunitz from Pittsburgh and Downie from Tampa Bay are both going to be getting suspensions for their hits(Downie left his feet and Kunitz elbowed someone in the head).
Old 04-19-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

I just don't forsee the Kings getting past the Sharks, i see the Kings being sircled around they are putting up a fight but the Sharks will win in the end hence i say start playing that shark theme from jaws http://youtu.be/e3mKAKPYh6k
Flyersfan Jen

Last edited by transjen; 04-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
I just don't forsee the Kings getting past the Sharks, i see the Kings being sircled around they are putting up a fight but the Sharks will win in the end hence i say start playing that shark theme from jaws
Flyersfan Jen
I respect your opinion Jen, but I have to disagree. San Jose hasn't looked unbeatable to me. I think either team can make it to the second round, as neither of them are overly dominant. I think, after the two games already played, that the series will go to 7 games and that it will be a battle.

As for game 3, played in LA, I think LA will take it 4-2.
Old 04-19-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just don't forsee the Kings getting past the Sharks, i see the Kings being sircled around they are putting up a fight but the Sharks will win in the end ...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jen.

Sometimes I cry, drink, and hate myself for loving hockey. Saturday was one of those times...

The Sharks took some stupid retaliation penalties early, then got out of rhythm. Everyone tried to individually do everything: Murray driving in and shooting, Clowe taking 2:25 shift, etc. That just makes things worse. Couple a persistently questionable PK and about ten minor penalties, with some lackluster D during 5-5 and we were doomed.

There is no bad team in the Pacific and I do think the Kings *could* get past the Sharks. I still think the Sharks are *better* overall and in a seven game series, we should take them out. Having a tough first round doesn't bode well for a cup run, but it's what I expected from the start. I expect to face the Wings, then Vancouver, then the east. Ouch.

Sharks in six...!

I have been surprised that the B's didn't put up more of a fight. I suppose the Wings are always a force in the playoffs, but I'd expected Phoenix to win a couple of games.
Old 04-19-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
I feel that Boston got lucky due to the way they played the 3rd period. Plus, Bergeron should have been called for interference or tripping right before the Bruins scored their 3rd goal(Price totally blew that one! Wow!).
Gee, I wonder what the score would have been had Boston had two or three additional power-play opportunities because the Habs were called for the two or three obvious away-from-the-puck hits that were ignored by those men who issue penalties, presumably some sort of hometown "discount."
Old 04-20-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

The comeback of the year. Not since 1985 has a team come back from 4-0 to win in the playoffs (North Stars). Seto gets the win in OT!

Sharks play well in the first, but a few mistakes and they're down 3-0. Another goal early in the second and it's 4-0. Nitty goes in for Niemi. Sharks score two. Kings again. Sharks 3 more, all that in the second! Score is 5-5 at full time after a scoreless third!

Insane. Really unbelievable. You've never seen it. I've never seen it. Beautiful!

Let's win the next two in the most boring and straightforward way!
Fear the Fin Baby!
Old 04-20-2011
Dark Overlord

No sweep for Vancouver. They lost, and the lost ugly! 7-2 ugly as a matter of fact. They'll just have to pick themselves up, dust off the ice shavings from where they fell face-first, and try again at home in game #5.

LA had a total meltdown. They were ahead 4-0 and then ended up losing 6-5 in OT. San Jose has a 2-1 game lead now, and I think that LA is probably going to not win another game. They had a chance to make a statement, and they made it. Just not the one that they wanted to make. Two ugly games in one night! Wow!
Old 04-21-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

The Bruins - Canadiens series is now best of three, with two games in Boston, thanks to an overtime win by the Bruins tonight at the Bell Centre. It was, I suspect, a great game to watch. I had no choice but to follow the game via text message updates while sitting in a symposium room at Harvard. As each new text came in updating me on scoring, power plays, penalty kills, etc., I guess I muttered "shit!" or "yes!" under my breath. At the end of the lecture, a young student from China came up to me and said, "You were following a sport, yes? I have seen this behavior in Boston before."
Old 04-21-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Bruins - Canadiens series is now best of three, with two games in Boston, thanks to an overtime win by the Bruins tonight at the Bell Centre. It was, I suspect, a great game to watch. I had no choice but to follow the game via text message updates while sitting in a symposium room at Harvard. As each new text came in updating me on scoring, power plays, penalty kills, etc., I guess I muttered "shit!" or "yes!" under my breath. At the end of the lecture, a young student from China came up to me and said, "You were following a sport, yes? I have seen this behavior in Boston before."

I saw part of the gams on VS and seeing part of the second period i have to ask am i the only one who finds PK to be the most annoying player in the NHL
Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-21-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I saw part of the gams on VS and seeing part of the second period i have to ask am i the only one who finds PK to be the most annoying player in the NHL
Flyersfan Jen
No, Jen, you are not the only one. I find him tremendously annoying, and he seems to get away with a lot of shit.
Old 04-21-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No, Jen, you are not the only one. I find him tremendously annoying, and he seems to get away with a lot of shit.
He pulled the small stuff in Phillie agianst the Flyers ,and i use to think Matthew Barnaby was annoying but as far as PK goes he makes me wish Dave Shultz still played with the Flyers
Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-21-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
He pulled the small stuff in Phillie agianst the Flyers ,and i use to think Matthew Barnaby was annoying but as far as PK goes he makes me wish Dave Shultz still played with the Flyers
Flyersfan Jen
Oh, Jen, thank you so much. I really needed a good laugh tonight.

Is it because The Hammer would have crushed P.K. Subban like a bug?
Old 04-22-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ok the Flyers droped another one and are pretty much done for the year
So all i can say is let's go Penguins
the new Penguinsfan Jen
Old 04-23-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Wow! What a game between the Bruins and the Canadiens. If there were two Vezina Trophies to give, and playoff games were what they were judged by, Tim Thomas and Carey Price would be the finalists. Ultimately, the Bruins won 2-1, capping a 3-game comeback after being down 2-0.

Stanley Cup Playoff Hockey!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

^ It was a great game. Unfortunately Montreal is relying on Price to win the games for them. Some day they're going to have to wake up and realize that a goalie can't win the game by himself. The offence has to do their part by scoring goals.
Old 04-24-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Wow! What a game between the Bruins and the Canadiens. If there were two Vezina Trophies to give, and playoff games were what they were judged by, Tim Thomas and Carey Price would be the finalists. Ultimately, the Bruins won 2-1, capping a 3-game comeback after being down 2-0.

Stanley Cup Playoff Hockey!!!!!!
It was a great game. The stop that Thomas made in OT shortly before the Bruins scored was one of the best all season. Price made a couple of great saves too. I read something on one of the websites (ESPN, Fox? don't remember which) about goaltending in the playoffs being overated. This game was all about the goaltending. Also the only reason the LA Kings won last night was goaltending.

There is nothing better than playoff hockey. The Bruin-Canadiens game was a super game to watch. This game proves you don't need a lot of scoring to have a great game.
Old 04-24-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Sacto View Post
There is nothing better than playoff hockey. The Bruin-Canadiens game was a super game to watch. This game proves you don't need a lot of scoring to have a great game.
So very true. Hockey and baseball are the only sports (okay, some will argue soccer, but I just don't see the beauty of that game) where you don't need a lot of scoring to have a great game. A pitcher's duel is a wonderful thing to watch, and the Bruins-Canadiens game proves the point for hockey. Well put, Captn Sacto!
Old 04-25-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WTF!!!!! the Canucks had the BLAWKHAWKS bout done for the year leading 3 games to zip and then they let them win three in a row ,somehow i forsee a nightmare of BLACKHAWKS vs LIGHTENING for the cup YUCK
Ticked off hockeyfan Jen
Old 04-26-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
... somehow i forsee a nightmare of BLACKHAWKS vs LIGHTENING for the cup ...
I thought you were onside here!

Sharks take the series tonight in a real battle. They killed a five minute major spanning the end of the third and start of OT. 4-3 on maybe the only rebound Quick gave up in the last two games, Thornton buried it!

If the Blackhawks get past Vancouver, something I still consider unlikely, they won't get past the Sharks and Niemi. We dominated them all year. Famous last words I know, but I'd rather face them than Detroit!

-K
Old 04-26-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Whatever else happens in Game 6 of the Bruins-Canadiens series (I write this at 15:23 of the 2nd period), it will be remembered for two horrible calls by referees. In the first period, the Habs scored a goal that was ruled not a goal because of an early whistle. And now Milan Lucic has been thrown out of the game because of a hard hit on Spacek which, while it was definitely hard and Spacek definitely is injured, doesn't warrant being tossed!
Old 04-26-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whatever else happens in Game 6 of the Bruins-Canadiens series (I write this at 15:23 of the 2nd period), it will be remembered for two horrible calls by referees. In the first period, the Habs scored a goal that was ruled not a goal because of an early whistle. And now Milan Lucic has been thrown out of the game because of a hard hit on Spacek which, while it was definitely hard and Spacek definitely is injured, doesn't warrant being tossed!
Agreed on both counts. I'm still pissed off about that goal that was ruled not a goal.
Old 04-26-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I wish I had seen the game. I checked the listings and saw vesus was carrying the flyers-sabers followed by the canuck-blackhawk game and CBC had the bruins-canadiens. I don't get the CBC, so just didn't check. Was switching chanels and the NHL network had the game. Wish I would have known. Saw the end of the flyer game ( I think Jen gave up on them too soon) and am watching the canucks-blackhawk game now. Vancouver is ahead 1-0 and look more like they did the first 3 games. Chicago needs to start playing much better.

Go Sharks
Old 04-27-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default The night Chicago died

Double happy dance tonight
As tonight the Flyers played like they did during most of the reg season, just hope they continue to play that way
And tonight the stinken BLACKHAWKS were knocked out of the playoff
So i post this song to celebrate
Partygirl Jen

http://youtu.be/FXY1_F5YkoM
Old 04-27-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Agreed on both counts. I'm still pissed off about that goal that was ruled not a goal.
I agree on the non-goal(what is with those early whistles?!?), but I disagree with the Lucic hit. He had to be tossed for that one as it was a 5-minute major(hit from behind) in which a game-misconduct is automatic.
Old 04-27-2011
Dark Overlord

I watched the game between Vancouver and Chicago(after watching the Jays smoke the Rangers of course), and boy oh boy, I WASN'T disappointed. It was AMAZING! I was on the edge of my seat(well, the edge of my couch actually) almost the entire time.

Cory Crawford pretty much was the only reason it wasn't 5-0 for Vancouver(this was obviously before Chicago tied it with a SH goal)! Some of the saves he made were play-of-the-year! I thought for sure that Vancouver was toast when they received a penalty for holding in OT(if it wasn't for a great save by Luongo, they would have been)! However, it was the player given the penalty that scored the winning goal! Burrows kept himself onside, and created the turnover by Campoli!

Now that the monkey is off their back(and specifially Luongo's), I think they will play the next series with a lot more intensity(like they did in game 7, with lots of hitting!). I don't think they will have nearly the amount of difficulty they had with Chicago, and should beat Nashville in 5 games.
Old 04-27-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Ok the Flyers droped another one and are pretty much done for the year
So all i can say is let's go Penguins
the new Penguinsfan Jen
Quote:
Double happy dance tonight
As tonight the Flyers played like they did during most of the reg season, just hope they continue to play that way
And tonight the stinken BLACKHAWKS were knocked out of the playoff
So i post this song to celebrate
Partygirl Jen

http://youtu.be/FXY1_F5YkoM
It's a good thing the Flyers don't rely on "fair-weather friends" for their entire fan base, dear Jen!
Old 04-27-2011
Dark Overlord

Boston was lucky to be able to get the victory tonight. The reason I say this is that Montreal almost won it in OT when the puck went off the skate of the Bruins player. If Thomas hadn't gotten his leg out when he did(and he almost didn't quite make it) the game would have been over.

I also think that Ferrence will probably be looking at a 1 game suspension for his shoulder to the head of Halpern.

I wonder who Boston will end up playing in Round 2?
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

The Penguins lost guess i jinked em

anywho it looks like i'll be rooting for the Capitals to ripe the stinken Lighting a new one
so that means it's the Flyers vs the Bruins agian so here's hopin for a repete of last year but not in seven this year lets do it in five
the Canucks take on the PREDS and well i have no dog in this one so may the best time win here
and last but not least are the Sharks vs the REDWINGS sorry Sharks but i have to go with the Redwings here
Hot Jen
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The Penguins lost guess i jinked em

anywho it looks like i'll be rooting for the Capitals to ripe the stinken Lighting a new one
so that means it's the Flyers vs the Bruins agian so here's hopin for a repete of last year but not in seven this year lets do it in five
the Canucks take on the PREDS and well i have no dog in this one so may the best time win here
and last but not least are the Sharks vs the REDWINGS sorry Sharks but i have to go with the Redwings here
Hot Jen
I think the Washington/Tampa series will be a seven gamer, with lots of shots on net each game. I don't think there will be too many games with huge scoring as both teams have better-than-average goaltending.

I think the Flyers will beat Boston in 6 games. Philly is a lot tougher than Montreal was(no offense to Ila, but Montreal and Philly are two teams with totally different styles) and I am not sure how much punishment the Bruins will be able to take.

Of course, Philly had goaltending issues in the first round so that could make all the difference.

Redwings and Sharks could go either way. I think that the Red Wings will prevail due to their playoff experience. They know what it takes to win, and San Jose has yet to win the Cup. It should be a scrappy affair, but I think the Red Wings will win in 6 games.

Vancouver should have an easier time of it against Nashville than they did against Chicago. Mentally, they should be a totally different team than they were in games 4 and 5.
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
so that means it's the Flyers vs the Bruins agian so here's hopin for a repete of last year but not in seven this year lets do it in five ...
Quote:
... I think the Flyers will beat Boston in 6 games. Philly is a lot tougher than Montreal was(no offense to Ila, but Montreal and Philly are two teams with totally different styles) and I am not sure how much punishment the Bruins will be able to take.

Of course, Philly had goaltending issues in the first round so that could make all the difference.

You are both so quick to dismiss the Bruins' chances. I understand it from you, Jen, since you're a Flyers fan and have a completely reasonable bias. But shadows, you have touched on why the Bruins will be such a difficult opponent for Philadelphia: goaltending. Add to that Pronger's weakness (lingering problems with his hand). Nor do the Flyers have the speed of Montreal, which gives Boston more time to set up their strong offensive game. And you can be sure the Bruins are not going to go 0-21 on power play goals ever again.

I will say this about the Flyers. What they lack in the theatrics of pretending penalties should be called (a specialty of the Habs; Subban's bullshit last night should get him a suspension for a new category of penalty called "epic time wasting crap"), they make up for in brute force.

It will be a tough series. Bruins in 6.
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

^^^ Well perhaps this will cheer you up if the Bruins were playing the Lighting i would have been rooting for the Bruins
Had the Pens won and if Crosby and Malkin were healthy and playing do you really think game seven would have been a one-zip victory for the Lighting but had the Pens won then the Bruins would be playing the Captials and agian i would have been rooting for the Bruins
But the Bruins are playing the Flyers so sorry i'll be booing the Bruins not cheering em on
Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You are both so quick to dismiss the Bruins' chances. I understand it from you, Jen, since you're a Flyers fan and have a completely reasonable bias.
Quote:
^^^ Well perhaps this will cheer you up if the Bruins were playing the Lighting i would have been rooting for the Bruins
Had the Pens won and if Crosby and Malkin were healthy and playing do you really think game seven would have been a one-zip victory for the Lighting but had the Pens won then the Bruins would be playing the Captials and agian i would have been rooting for the Bruins
But the Bruins are playing the Flyers so sorry i'll be booing the Bruins not cheering em on
Flyersfan Jen
Of course, you will be cheering on the Flyers. I would expect no less, as I wrote in my earlier post.
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I think the Washington/Tampa series will be a seven gamer, with lots of shots on net each game. I don't think there will be too many games with huge scoring as both teams have better-than-average goaltending.

I think the Flyers will beat Boston in 6 games. Philly is a lot tougher than Montreal was(no offense to Ila, but Montreal and Philly are two teams with totally different styles) and I am not sure how much punishment the Bruins will be able to take.

Redwings and Sharks could go either way. I think that the Red Wings will prevail due to their playoff experience. They know what it takes to win, and San Jose has yet to win the Cup. It should be a scrappy affair, but I think the Red Wings will win in 6 games.

Vancouver should have an easier time of it against Nashville than they did against Chicago. Mentally, they should be a totally different team than they were in games 4 and 5.
You know what they say, great minds think alike

Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Of course, you will be cheering on the Flyers. I would expect no less, as I wrote in my earlier post.
I know, i just didn't want you to think i hate the Bruins i only hate em when they play the Flyers and i still think Bobby Orr was the cutest hockey player ever

Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I know, i just didn't want you to think i hate the Bruins i only hate em when they play the Flyers and i still think Bobby Orr was the cutest hockey player ever

Flyersfan Jen
Jen, you are such a sweetheart!

Have you seen pictures of the statue outside the Garden where the Bruins play, commemorating Bobby's 1970 Stanley Cup-winning goal? Here is the goal, and here is the statue. It's very, very cool.
Attached Thumbnails
bobby-orr.jpg   Boston013.jpg   4598413240_b05afbf3aa.jpg  

Old 04-28-2011
Shecock obsessed

There are too many posts to start quoting so I'll just give some general opinions of the last and next rounds of the playoffs.

Montreal did better than I initially expected them to do. Their biggest problem is that they relied on Price to win the games for them and goalies can only stop goals they generally don't score them.

I was glad to see Vancouver finally take out Chicago. It shouldn't have gone seven games though. Vancouver has a good team and they should have done it in four games.

I'm not happy that Tampa Bay advanced. I'm looking for Washington to eliminate Tampa Bay. I don't like Washington, but I like teams from Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Arizona, and California (I'll let LA stay as they were an original expansion team) even less. After that series then Washington can get eliminated.

Boston and Philiadelphia will be an interesting series. Boston has to play more physically though or they will never get by Philadelphia. I want to see Boston take this series.

Vancouver should do okay against Nashville. Vancouver has started to play hockey again. I look for Vancouver to win in five games.

I think Detroit will take their series against San Jose. Detroit is a better team.
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You are both so quick to dismiss the Bruins' chances. I understand it from you, Jen, since you're a Flyers fan and have a completely reasonable bias. But shadows, you have touched on why the Bruins will be such a difficult opponent for Philadelphia: goaltending. Add to that Pronger's weakness (lingering problems with his hand). Nor do the Flyers have the speed of Montreal, which gives Boston more time to set up their strong offensive game. And you can be sure the Bruins are not going to go 0-21 on power play goals ever again.

I will say this about the Flyers. What they lack in the theatrics of pretending penalties should be called (a specialty of the Habs; Subban's bullshit last night should get him a suspension for a new category of penalty called "epic time wasting crap"), they make up for in brute force.

It will be a tough series. Bruins in 6.
I don't think that I am dismissing them quickly at all. I just feel that Philly will be able to physically punish them and that will take it's toll. And like I mentioned, the goaltending is definitely the weak link for the Flyers. If their goalies play like they did in the first round, then Boston can take the series without too much difficulty. That being said, if the goalies start playing to their potential then the Flyers have the edge(in my opinion).

Both teams are from the East, so I don't hold any particular bias against either team(since my team didn't make it into the playoffs to be an opponent). It should be an entertaining series. I do think that there will be one "ugly" game. There will be lots of fighting in it with some borderline dirty play. I just have a feeling that is going to happen, probably in the first 2 or 3 games.
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
You know what they say, great minds think alike

Flyersfan Jen
And our minds are two of the best.
Old 04-28-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I don't think that I am dismissing them quickly at all. I just feel that Philly will be able to physically punish them and that will take it's toll. And like I mentioned, the goaltending is definitely the weak link for the Flyers. If their goalies play like they did in the first round, then Boston can take the series without too much difficulty. That being said, if the goalies start playing to their potential then the Flyers have the edge(in my opinion).
Is there any truth to the rumour that Price is going to be the starting goalie for Boston on Saturday night with Thomas as the backup?
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Is there any truth to the rumour that Price is going to be the starting goalie for Boston on Saturday night with Thomas as the backup?
That would be impossible. Besides, Price would deliberately let in lots of goals and then pull a "Tonya Harding" on Tim Thomas so he couldn't replace him. Rask would find himself wearing cement shoes and that would be that. Revenge for Les Habitants!
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Vancouver outshot Nashville 16-5 after 1 period of play. It looks like Vancouver is playing with great intensity again. Unfortunately, Vancouver was given a penalty at 19:28 so they will be down a man to start the second period.
Old 04-28-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
That would be impossible. Besides, Price would deliberately let in lots of goals and then pull a "Tonya Harding" on Tim Thomas so he couldn't replace him. Rask would find himself wearing cement shoes and that would be that. Revenge for Les Habitants!
Aw, c'mon shadows, let me stir the pot a bit.
Old 04-28-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Well....considering how I predicted that both Pittsburgh and New York would be making it to the second rounds, I guess anything can happen.
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Boston and Philiadelphia will be an interesting series. Boston has to play more physically though or they will never get by Philadelphia. I want to see Boston take this series.
HOW RUDE!!!!!!!

Flyersfan Jen
Old 04-28-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
HOW RUDE!!!!!!!

Flyersfan Jen
It's nothing personal, Jen. One team has to win the series and as Boston beat Montreal I would like to see Boston win.
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have highlighted the only word of this exchange that explains any of what my good friends ila and shadows have written. Apparently, they are smoking a lot of it!
Old 04-28-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
HOW RUDE!!!!!!!

Flyersfan Jen
Jen, if the Flyers beat my Bruins, I promise I will root for Philadelphia in the next round.
Old 04-29-2011
Dark Overlord

Vancouver beat Nashville 1-0 in Game #1. The final score was not indicative of Vancouver's play. Rinne was excellent for Nashville, otherwise it would have been a 4 or 5-nothing game for Vancouver. The Canucks also played with a LOT of intensity.

I sure as hell don't know why the hipcheck thrown by Ballard was called as a clipping penalty. It was as legit a hit as I've ever seen. I swear, I have NO idea why some of these referees even still have a job.
Old 04-29-2011
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

No doubt that Detroit is healthier than last year when the Sharks took them out at this point, and it's clear that the Sharks will have to play better than they did against the Kings.

Still we beat them 3/4, during the regular season including twice in the Joe.

Facing Detroit in the playoffs is always tough, but if you want the cup, you have to earn it. That's how. We have three quality scoring lines and their defensive stars can't play 45 minutes. We have brilliant goaltending (much of the time), just a bit suspect on D. Not great with Detroit's scoring talent.

Sharks do have a good chance here. It will be close and tough.

Did you see the EA sports article on NHL.com? Their gizmo picked all 8 of the first round winners. They have Detroit in OT of game 7 for this series. :-)

Last edited by k.sucks.you; 04-29-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-29-2011
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I have highlighted the only word of this exchange that explains any of what my good friends ila and shadows have written. Apparently, they are smoking a lot of it!
That would not be the case for me. I never smoke it or even touch it.