Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 01-19-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default Hockey 2013

Well, the season is finally underway. What few active hockey fans we have left (by which I mean those who have posted about it in the past) may want to chime in with thoughts about the shortened season. I am sorry that Transjen seems to have disappeared from our midst.

At this writing, my Bruins are up 1-0 against the Rangers in the season opener. It's the intermission between periods 1 and 2, with about 9 minutes before play resumes.
Old 01-19-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Hockey Night in Canada is about to begin! I was afraid I wouldn't see any Montreal games this year. I'd say hockey in general, but that would be false, as I actually went to a college game at the start of the season (New Brunswick and Maine).
Old 01-20-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Melissa Pink is just really niceMelissa Pink is just really niceMelissa Pink is just really niceMelissa Pink is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa Pink

It will be interesting to see how that the shortened 48 game season unfolds. Maybe it's a good thing. Sometimes the NHL seasons drags on especially if the teams in the Stanley Cup play offs each play all seven games.
Old 01-20-2013
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Well, the season is finally underway. What few active hockey fans we have left (by which I mean those who have posted about it in the past) may want to chime in with thoughts about the shortened season. I am sorry that Transjen seems to have disappeared from our midst.

At this writing, my Bruins are up 1-0 against the Rangers in the season opener. It's the intermission between periods 1 and 2, with about 9 minutes before play resumes.
I'm boycotting the season (maybe). I'm pissed off at Buttman, Fehr, and the players. Neither Buttman nor Fehr have any understanding of the game. The two of them have ruined the NHL. The players are a bunch of spoiled whining brats. They should realize that they are employees and as such they have no right to tell the owners how to spend the money that is brought in to the teams.

Secondly what is wrong with those that make the schedule? Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts go back many decades (from long before Buttman was a gleam in his father's eyes). So why are hockey games in Canada scheduled for a Saturday afternoon?

Lastly it's time to move the NHL headquarters to Canada. It's our game and we don't need people that don't understand it and don't have the passion for it fucking it up.
Old 01-20-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I'm boycotting the season (maybe). I'm pissed off at Buttman, Fehr, and the players. Neither Buttman nor Fehr have any understanding of the game. The two of them have ruined the NHL. The players are a bunch of spoiled whining brats. They should realize that they are employees and as such they have no right to tell the owners how to spend the money that is brought in to the teams.
I?m pissed off, too, but I have a different, more nuanced perspective. I agree with you about ?Buttman? and Fehr: they have no understanding of the game, and they have (nearly) ruined the NHL (I write ?nearly? because if it were completely ruined I wouldn?t have been able to watch the Bruins defeat the Rangers last night in what was a very good hockey game).

I do not agree completely about the players. While it is easy to write them off as ?spoiled whining brats,? I try to remember two things. One is that like all workers, they sell their labor power to someone who does not do the actual work involved in delivering the final product (in this case, an actual hockey game on the ice). Yes, they are paid enormous amounts of money to do so (although nothing close to professional baseball, football, or basketball players), but that does not mean they ?have no right? to negotiate with their employers. That is true irrespective of whether one agrees with the negotiating stances they take. The other is that while I bemoan the fact that in a world where so many people go to bed hungry there are those who are paid millions to play a game, I try to remember that in this imperfect world a hockey player is really like the actor in a movie. Does Tom Cruise actually deserve to be paid $25 million for walking his way through some insipid action feature? Well, from an economic point of view, he?s the one who puts the audience in the theater seats and makes it possible for the investors (the bosses) to recoup their investments. Similarly, the hockey players are entertainers who put the fans in the seats. What you refer to as ?the money that is brought into the teams? is brought in because of the players, and so they have a reasonable right to negotiate (again, irrespective of whether one agrees with this or that negotiating stance.

Quote:
Secondly what is wrong with those that make the schedule? Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts go back many decades (from long before Buttman was a gleam in his father's eyes). So why are hockey games in Canada scheduled for a Saturday afternoon?
I completely agree that Hockey Night in Canada is an institution that should be enshrined forever, never to be messed with. Canadians deserve nothing less!

Quote:
Lastly it's time to move the NHL headquarters to Canada. It's our game and we don't need people that don't understand it and don't have the passion for it fucking it up.
I completely agree. The idea of the NHL being headquartered in midtown Manhattan is ridiculous. Just as I have long advocated on this site for moving north every team that is in a place where kids can?t play pond hockey naturally because of the weather (and have even advocated for specific Canadian cities that others never mention), I am for moving the NHL headquarters somewhere in Canada. Oh, and by the way, on moving day the Canadian border patrol should keep Fehr and Buttman from entering the country.
Old 01-20-2013
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...I do not agree completely about the players. While it is easy to write them off as ?spoiled whining brats,? I try to remember two things. One is that like all workers, they sell their labor power to someone who does not do the actual work involved in delivering the final product (in this case, an actual hockey game on the ice). Yes, they are paid enormous amounts of money to do so (although nothing close to professional baseball, football, or basketball players), but that does not mean they ?have no right? to negotiate with their employers. That is true irrespective of whether one agrees with the negotiating stances they take. The other is that while I bemoan the fact that in a world where so many people go to bed hungry there are those who are paid millions to play a game, I try to remember that in this imperfect world a hockey player is really like the actor in a movie. Does Tom Cruise actually deserve to be paid $25 million for walking his way through some insipid action feature? Well, from an economic point of view, he?s the one who puts the audience in the theater seats and makes it possible for the investors (the bosses) to recoup their investments. Similarly, the hockey players are entertainers who put the fans in the seats. What you refer to as ?the money that is brought into the teams? is brought in because of the players, and so they have a reasonable right to negotiate (again, irrespective of whether one agrees with this or that negotiating stance.
I didn't make my opinion clear. I agree that the players have a right to negotiate their salary. I don't agree that they have a right to tell the owners that the owners will give the players a stated percentage of the profits. The players should be negotiating for a salary and bonuses.

Quote:
I completely agree. The idea of the NHL being headquartered in midtown Manhattan is ridiculous. Just as I have long advocated on this site for moving north every team that is in a place where kids can?t play pond hockey naturally because of the weather (and have even advocated for specific Canadian cities that others never mention), I am for moving the NHL headquarters somewhere in Canada. Oh, and by the way, on moving day the Canadian border patrol should keep Fehr and Buttman from entering the country.
I like your idea about what to do with Buttman and Fehr on moving day. I got a good laugh about it.
Old 01-21-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I didn't make my opinion clear. I agree that the players have a right to negotiate their salary. I don't agree that they have a right to tell the owners that the owners will give the players a stated percentage of the profits. The players should be negotiating for a salary and bonuses.
In a labor negotiation each side should have the right to ask for anything. Otherwise, how can you have a free and open negotiation? That doesn't necessarily mean I agree or disagree with any particular demand that either side might raise.
Old 01-23-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Captn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the roughCaptn Sacto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I like your idea about what to do with Buttman and Fehr on moving day. I got a good laugh about it.
I was bummed about the strike, and by Jan 1st didn't miss hockey so figured i would boycott the season too. However, once they dropped the puck, I had to watch. Watched Philly lose to both the Pens and Sabers. They lost another too and are 0-3. Whats up with them? With such a short season, they better turn it around soon.

Watched my sharks beat Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary looks like they need help. Edmonton has a ton of talent, maybe need to add veteran leadership.

Kings have cup hangover. Detroit has lost Lidstrom, Holmstrom and Brad Stuart. Watching Stuart with the sharks, he learned an awful lot from Lidstrom, cause he is 10 time better know than when the Sharks traded him in the Thorton trade.

Buttman is a great ruler. I read somewhere that 25% of the time he has been the top dog shit, there has been a strike or lockout.

Last edited by Captn Sacto; 01-23-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add missing word
Old 01-24-2013
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I'm boycotting the NHL this season (by that I mean not watching any regular season games on television and not going to any games). I'm still following the scores and reading articles about it online, but that is about it. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch any playoff games(although I may be convinced to if the Leafs miracuously make it).

I think the offseason moves that the Jays made, and the excitement that I have for baseball to start now, makes that decision a little easier.
Old 01-25-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

I'm with shadows a bit. I know how he feels. I'm still a fan though. It seems I love hockey more than it loves me.

Tonight at the Sharks home-opener, the fans cheered when the doors were opened to the tank. That was nice.

Sharks look pretty good so far. We're 3-0. Scored 6 in the first in Edmonton. Tonight, down 1-3 in the third with 12:00 left we won 5-3 against Phoenix.

Offensively, we're obviously dominating. PK is "better" and more aggressive. Niemi looks really solid.

I am hopeful for the season...
Old 01-27-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

This is an interesting essay from today's Boston Globe magazine.

Perspective
The NHL lockout?s lasting damage
Maybe fans will return, maybe they won?t. Either way, hockey hurt its future.
By Shira Springer | January 27, 2013

?IT?S A GO!!? TWEETED MONTREAL CANADIENS defenseman Josh Gorges to his more than 23,000 followers. No, he wasn?t referring to the end of the NHL lockout on January 12, but rather to a pickup game he?d organized with his spare time during it. On December 26, the 103d day of the lockout, dozens of skaters responded, showing up at a neighborhood rink in Montreal. Getting to share the ice with a pro player was a dream for fans, while Gorges?s work making the game happen was a sign of his respect for them. Now if only the rest of the National Hockey League acted the same way.

Since hockey has returned, there?s been lots of talk about putting hard feelings aside and doing right by fans, starting with a full-page apology the NHL took out in major newspapers (including this one) a couple of weeks ago. But the kinds of perks being offered here and elsewhere ? free concessions, open practices, pro shop discounts ? strike me as short-term, pandering solutions to a bigger, long-term problem.

This time around, people noticed that the NHL and players? union wasted time dragging their feet, seeming to believe they could count on fans to return whenever they wrapped up negotiations. Emphasis on ?whenever.?

But fans will take only so much abuse. ?I think it?s pretty insulting for the fans that [the league is] in a lockout based on how to spend our money,? one told reporters at Gorges?s pickup game. A couple of weeks earlier, a survey of Canadians ? the most hockey mad population on earth ? found that 58 percent ?did not care? whether players and owners reached an agreement. If those are the numbers up north, imagine what they are in Phoenix or Dallas ? two cities that struggled to fill arenas last year. Imagine what they?re like in Boston, which isn?t the hockey town it once was.

In the 1970s, the Bruins sat at the top of the local sports hierarchy. Visions of Bobby Orr and the Stanley Cup sparked children?s imaginations and prompted rink building on an unprecedented scale. But then the 1980s and Larry Bird brought basketball to the fore, followed by the historic success of the Red Sox and the Patriots. Meanwhile, the Bruins receded into a 39-year championship drought.

Even in cities with winning teams ? even here, after the Bruins won another Stanley Cup in 2011 ? the NHL is fighting for fans. The lockout made that fight much tougher.

Still, as Globe hockey columnist Kevin Paul Dupont wrote, NHL fans ?have always acted as the enablers in the lockout dynamic.? After the league returned from the canceled 2004-05 season, attendance increased for 25 of 30 teams, including the Bruins. The NHL set records for total attendance (20,854,169) and average game attendance (16,955). Those numbers are very good ? by hockey standards.

In 2005, after a 310-day work stoppage, the longest for any pro sport, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman talked about a league-player partnership that would ?take our great game to spectacular heights.? This time, Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, chairman of the NHL Board of Governors, voiced optimism, predicting ?growth? and an ?extremely bright? future for the sport.

Seriously? Even news of the lockout?s resolution was overshadowed by college football and the start of the NFL playoffs.

The diehard hockey fans seem to be returning, but there wasn?t a huge risk of losing them anyway. The real challenge will be finding ways to expand hockey?s audience ? hard to do when your sport has a habit of disappearing.

The cost of the lockout won?t become clear this season, with the NHL on its best behavior, but it will in time: Pro hockey has cemented its standing as a second-tier sport. A niche enterprise. As far as most Americans are concerned, it might as well be soccer.
Old 01-28-2013
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
I'm with shadows a bit. I know how he feels. I'm still a fan though. It seems I love hockey more than it loves me.

Tonight at the Sharks home-opener, the fans cheered when the doors were opened to the tank. That was nice.

Sharks look pretty good so far. We're 3-0. Scored 6 in the first in Edmonton. Tonight, down 1-3 in the third with 12:00 left we won 5-3 against Phoenix.

Offensively, we're obviously dominating. PK is "better" and more aggressive. Niemi looks really solid.

I am hopeful for the season...
As I'm sure you're aware, I'm not a fan of the Sharks, but I cannot deny the season that Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton are having so far. I know that the season is young, but WOW! I hope that they play like this in the next Olympics(if they go...please go for Canada you two!).
Old 03-11-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
As I'm sure you're aware, I'm not a fan of the Sharks, but I cannot deny the season that Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton are having so far. I know that the season is young, but WOW! I hope that they play like this in the next Olympics(if they go...please go for Canada you two!).
Marleau got his 400th goal last night (all with Sharks) on a tip in Colorado. We lost the game on a bounce with 0.4 seconds left in OT. That pretty much sums it up the season so far.

Other than Chicago and Columbus, there is no telling who will make the playoffs from the west. Seems like every game goes to OT.

They'll be a bit old in the next Olympics. I hope USA wins, of course... :-)
Old 05-14-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I couldn't resist ...
Attached Thumbnails
canucks_book2_medium.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I couldn't resist ...

Obviously I'm not a Canucks fan.
Old 06-08-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Wow! Of course, I wanted the Bruins to win. But I was honest when speaking to friends before the series started. I thought Penguins in 6 or 7.
Attached Thumbnails
10595_10151685493872682_603799672_n.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of
Default who's missing?

Where's transJen ? She was a great hockey fan and hasn't been here in over a year.
Old 06-09-2013
Junior Ladyboy Lover

spandexm will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Bruins in six

The Bruins will beat the Blackhawks in six or less games. Go Boston!!!!
Old 06-10-2013
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I just came across this cartoon, which was clearly produced for the beginning of this year's Stanley Cup playoffs. But I thought ila in particular might enjoy seeing it.
Attached Thumbnails
o-NHL-PLAYOFFS-CANADIANS-900.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I just came across this cartoon, which was clearly produced for the beginning of this year's Stanley Cup playoffs. But I thought ila in particular might enjoy seeing it.
I like the Montreal fan.