Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 12-03-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default User Titles

I received a PM from a member asking why he had gone from "junior ladyboy lover" to "apprentice ladyboy lover" -- which he took to be a "demotion." I explained to SSL, the site owner, that the reason for this confusion that most people think "apprentice" is lower than "junior." For instance, at a business firm, an "apprentice" might be a non-paid intern who is learning, whereas a junior associate or junior partner or something like that is definitely higher up.

SSL's response: "We certainly need a new set of user titles as the current one sucks."

So, I am beginning this thread to discuss possibilities. I've given this some thought today. One question is how many levels there should be. More broadly, though, are the terms we should use.

I have thought about models from the military (ranks), chess (the FIDE world chess federation rankings), and the old guild structure from the Middle Ages and Renaissance. I have avoided anything associated with video games, since that is a world I do not know.

My suggestion first is to dispense with "ladyboy lover" as part of the title. I recommend that whatever titles we use include "poster" or "forum member" or "member," or if we want to retain something of the old titles, "Trans Lover." "Member" and "Poster" seems to be the preferred use at some other forums I looked at. At one, for instance, the titles are:

Silver Poster
Veteran Poster
Junior Poster

At another, there are:

If we don't want anything quite so simple, we could adapt (not literally) the chess model and have four levels:

Grandmaster Member / Grandmaster Poster / Grandmaster Trans Lover
Master Member / Master Poster / Master Trans Lover
Junior ...
Apprentice ...

Of course, using Master means we could also have Senior Master Bator

A Guild-like schema might be:

Master
Journeyman / Journeywoman / Journeyperson
Apprentice

These are just brainstorming ideas, to get the discussion going.

Last edited by smc; 12-04-2010 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Edited for public consumption once the thread was moved out of the Moderator Forum.
Old 12-03-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

There is a thread in General discussion about this issue. I don't remember the title of the thread so one will have to do some manual searching to find it. I do think that the thread has been inactive for almost two years so it might not be easy to find.

Last edited by smc; 12-04-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Edited for public consumption once the thread was moved out of the Moderator Forum.
Old 12-03-2010
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

SSL has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
There is a thread in General discussion about this issue. I don't remember the title of the thread so one will have to do some manual searching to find it. I do think that the thread has been inactive for almost two years so it might not be easy to find.
This thread was actually about user reputation levels, i'll bump it as well
Old 12-06-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

I think that members should be able to choose personalized User Titles. I know that I would utilize it.
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
I think that members should be able to choose personalized User Titles. I know that I would utilize it.
I think personalized titles are a good idea.

That said, and FWIW, the title system the way it is was never difficult for me to understand. Quite honestly, I never paid attention to it. But, if SSL wants to change it...

One question though - post counts are already shown - so is a title designating the length of time one has been a member really necessary?
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hegirllvr View Post
I think personalized titles are a good idea. ...

One question though - post counts are already shown - so is a title designating the length of time one has been a member really necessary?
I believe the point of standardized titles is as a designator of level "achieved" (for want of a better word), which is determined by a simple algorithm reflecting number of posts and reputation (but not, I do not think, "length of time one has been a member"). Self-chosen titles would defeat that purpose, obviously -- but perhaps that purpose is of no consequence.
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Slavetoebony is on a distinguished road

Or "Beginner" for the newbies, going on to "Interested", "Hooked" to "Completely Addicted".
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura aboutErosArtist has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I believe the point of standardized titles is as a designator of level "achieved" (for want of a better word), which is determined by a simple algorithm reflecting number of posts and reputation (but not, I do not think, "length of time one has been a member"). Self-chosen titles would defeat that purpose, obviously -- but perhaps that purpose is of no consequence.
Ah yes, you are correct. The coffee hadn't hit yet when I made that post.

The idea of "level achievement" (again, for lack of a better phrase) is more purposeful on this site than other forum sites I belong to. Here, simplistic reply posts in threads such as 'hot girl' or 'yeah' are discouraged and active participation in the forums is encouraged.

For that reason, perhaps the system works well enough. Aren't we then be dealing with an issue of semantics?
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Ah yes, you are correct. The coffee hadn't hit yet when I made that post.

The idea of "level achievement" (again, for lack of a better phrase) is more purposeful on this site than other forum sites I belong to. Here, simplistic reply posts in threads such as 'hot girl' or 'yeah' are discouraged and active participation in the forums is encouraged.

For that reason, perhaps the system works well enough. Aren't we then be dealing with an issue of semantics?
Yes, we are dealing with semantics -- "how humans express themselves through language." In this case, SSL (the site owner) has expressed his opinion that the the current set of user titles "sucks," implying that as humans we are not expressing ourselves well with this particular taxonomy. Perhaps we need him to chime in on what he would like the taxonomy to express, and then we can discuss titles.
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Yes, we are dealing with semantics -- "how humans express themselves through language." In this case, SSL (the site owner) has expressed his opinion that the the current set of user titles "sucks," implying that as humans we are not expressing ourselves well with this particular taxonomy. Perhaps we need him to chime in on what he would like the taxonomy to express, and then we can discuss titles.
Excellent idea.

And speaking of semantics, and the fact the phrase 'that sucks' or 'it sucks' implies something to be a negative thing or action. How did that come to be? Personally, I like the verb in all it's variety: I suck, you suck, he sucks, she sucks, and so on. How can that possibly be bad?

Ok, thread hijack complete...
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Excellent idea.

And speaking of semantics, and the fact the phrase 'that sucks' or 'it sucks' implies something to be a negative thing or action. How did that come to be? Personally, I like the verb in all it's variety: I suck, you suck, he sucks, she sucks, and so on. How can that possibly be bad?

Ok, thread hijack complete...
I actually can answer your question about "suck," but I feel it would suck () to take the thread even more off track. So, why don't you start a new thread on word origins -- this is very closely related to my academic work -- and we can have a discussion. I'd like that. (I'll be teaching in a few minutes so I might now answer until later today.)
Old 12-07-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Done...starting new thread...NOW!
Old 12-15-2010
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

SSL has disabled reputation

i got a PM with these suggestions, what do you think of them?

Quote:
I'm so happy I've reached the next stage. Transladyboy made my day!

And very happy, you asked for my suggestions,... worthy of a ladyboylover. Ummm, rankings.....maybe.....curious ldblv, addicted ldblv, virgin ldblv, ripe cherry..ready for picking ldblv, and for the finallee ....(let you know)
More ideas?
Old 12-19-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Rachel is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Default titles

Put me down as Head Bitch lol
Old 12-19-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Put me down as Head Bitch lol
Be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it.
Old 12-26-2010
CuriousJim

In all honesty, who actually gives a fuck...? The last time I remember giving a damn about post counts and member titles on an internet forum was when I was 13.
Old 12-26-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousJim View Post
In all honesty, who actually gives a fuck...? The last time I remember giving a damn about post counts and member titles on an internet forum was when I was 13.
Perhaps it didn't occur to you that some of our members -- some of the transwomen in particular -- might "give a fuck."
Old 12-27-2010
aw9725

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousJim View Post
Can’t believe that something so innocuous as this would piss off someone. Good grief! I think the User titles are harmless and fun. As far as post count and reputation--it gives some idea of the amount and quality of a member’s participation and what others think.

Still thinking about my own “title.” Hmmmmmm… "Senior Kelly Shore Stalker"?