Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 03-31-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

MIsty is on a distinguished road
Default Progesterone - need help identify

Hi Everyone

Can anyone please let me know which one, of the following, contains some form of Progesterone please:

Biphasil
Diane
Evra Patches
Femodene
Ginette
Logynon
Marvelon
Melodene
Mercilon
Microval
Minerva
Minerva
Minesse
Minulette
Mirelle
Nordette
Nordiol
Ovral
Triodene
Triphasil
Yasmin
Yaz

These are all birth-control pills, but maybe some of them contains Progesterone?

Thanks all
Old 03-31-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Use a search engine (google, for example) and I'm sure that you will get all the answers that you need. Just to try it I googled yaz and got several pages of results. Try it yourself.
Old 03-31-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIsty View Post
Can anyone please let me know which one, of the following, contains some form of Progesterone please:
This is a self-med group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TsDoItYourselfHormones/

You may find that the hormones do not end up being a magic pill.
Oh, any advice on the net can kill you.
How do you intend to find out the amount of drugs and frequency, you are going to use?
Have you Any idea of the dose level of said drug is {maybe} safe for you?
Do you know Emma? She self medded.
As a result, she
Lost a kidney & consequently can never take HRT again.
Pretty well fucked up her transition.
Didn't die though, which is good.

She is a nice person, I like her a lot.
Old 03-31-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

JodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud ofJodieTs has much to be proud of

I may be talking out of turn here
and I'm not preaching to you
nor wanting to put you on the defensive.
But you are coming across as desperate and vulnerable.

This site has only a few Ts active in posting amongst it's members.
Have you looked at other sites for additional info/support?
tvchix.com is good and free.
"Ask Dr Emma" is the medical forum.
They can give more / better info there.

I like Emma*, she IPL'ed my face, a while back.

*A different Emma to my last post, I think she still has both her kidneys.
Oh, and she knows her shit too.
Old 03-31-2011
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold
Default Jodie is right

per usual Jodie is correct in her advice. There are a few dangers to taking HRT unmonitored - death being a biggie. I get that sometimes we are in situations where a good doctor isn't around or affordable - seems in the US at least the Docs that work with TS people charge a premium for the service.

inhousepharmacy (dot) biz is a mail order pharmacy that provides some really good advice and useful links. The group Jodie linked to is super and they generally know what is going on.
Old 03-31-2011
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold
Default Progesterone

for what it's worth, I'm not convinced that Progesterone does much positive for trans women... I know folks who swear that it increased breast development and symmetry. I also heard that it can interfere with the body's ability to process estrogen. It is just one more thing to pass through the liver and the kidney and cause potential problems...

I'm not saying hat you should or shouldn't take it, I'm just saying that there is no consensus that it even works or that there is a good return on investment.
Old 04-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Two anacedotal comments that back up Bionca here.

Firstly, about three years into oestrogen HRT
Climaval {Estradiol Valerate} 6 mg / day
& Finasteride 2.5 mg / day

I commenced using Progesterone
Cyclogest 200mg pessaries
1 per day, up up bum.

I used it for a year.
I didn't get any increase on breast size
nor did it increase sex drive ~~~ Things Ts women often attribute to progesterone.

I did get some affects:
Mood swings, big ones. ~~~ Ask Mr Jodie, he had to live through it
Weight gain. Progesterone increases water retention
Flatulence ~~~ A recognised side effect of Cyclogest

I've a ton of the stuff left over, you are welcome to have it
but as it's prescribed drugs you would need to collect it
in person on foot...

Second anecdotal recollection:
By Kate Craig Jones, who is a friend of my ex girlfriend.
I've met Kate a number of times and she is balanced and straight talking.
This is what she says:
http://iwanttobeagirl.org/kate-transition.html

Update - hormones

I had been on Ovysmen (little bit of oestrogen plus a fair bit of progesterone - a contraceptive pill) until about 9 months ago. I spoke with Dr. Curtis (I kept forgetting to make an appointment) and he was rather surprised and got me to ask my GP to change onto just oestrogen (Zumenon, 2mg).

Oh. My. God. I so wish I had done this sooner! I thought progesterone was good since it appeared to make my boobs grow; that was just water retention! Also, it was making me hungry (it is the pregnancy hormone) and bonkers (I can think so much more clearly now - that 'fog' has gone).

The most amazing thing is my body though; I have lost weight, but my hips have gone from size 10 to size 12 (no more bloody boy-hips!!), and I have CURVES! I mean, proper curves - my waist nips in and I curve out over my hips. My breasts have also grown significantly, which is actually a bit of a problem since now (with implants) they are too big!

If you're on progesterone + ovysmen and are post-op, get your bum to your doc and talk about changing! All the evidence from GIRES suggests that is the right course of action - after all, post-menopausal women only get given oestrogen.

A useful search, for you [you need to join first for free]:
http://www.tvchix.com/search.php?st=...or=&btn=Search
Still need more info?
Then post a thread there.
Old 04-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Richard Curtis's view.
I saw him giving a talk which covered this.
http://www.gires.org.uk/assets/Medpr...ogesterone.pdf

A response
http://www.spanglefish.com/transnews...?pageid=222811

A debate on it
http://auntysarah.livejournal.com/127426.html
Old 04-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

And more.
an on-line debate
{I'm Misha in the thread, thats my real name}

Progesterone

Quote: SouthernBabe said:
As Im having bone work done for a new joint,

Quote:Kimberley_Whittaker said:
It might be an idea to speak to both an endocrinologist and your surgeon on the use of progesterone and it's effects on Bone growth.
Dr Seal is the "Endo" at the CX GIC, and also provides a private service there too.

mishadark Posted: 19 Nov 2008 17:44
Kim, I met Dr Seal last year, where he gave a talk.*
He is dead set against Progesterone for ts's coz of androgenisation effects. +* progesterone is not present in recent post pubescent women....WTF?
Also can inhibit breast development

So, Dr S may be reticent to agreeing to progesterone.*

Also, a ton of anecdotal comments from loads of ts's say Progesterone has benefits.

Nats_Wallis Admirer Posted: 19 Nov 2008 18:53
Seal is most likely referring to the real side effects of Provera, medoxyprogesterone which has long been supperceded.

Duphaston never had those side effects though Solvay Health discontinued it about 9 months ago. The alternatives are:

Cyclogest vaginal pessaries or if you do not have a vagina, they are also suppositories.

OR

Femoston 2/10 tablets which are in 28 mg strips of 28 tablets, 14 are just 2mg estradiol and then you take two weeks of tablets containing 2mg estradiol AND 10mg of dydrogesterone.

Cyclogest disrupted the flora and fauna of my vagina so I stopped them. I now take 2mg Zumonon and 1 tablet of Femoston daily (5 yrs postop) so for 2 weeks I get a burst of progestogen and I feel fab and my nipples are lovely and sensitive now.

In tests done by me some time ago now, after being given 4 weeks of Duphaston, all TS women reported breast growth and an enhanced feeling of well being. No endo in the UK has done ANY tests with TS subjects so are only citing US tests using Provera, the same tests done that showed Premarin increases cancer risk. Snag is both Provera and Premarin have a massive user base in the USA and so remain well known in older ts information sites.*

So people spout out facts as if they are correct without validating the source and doing extra research themselves. And most GD related docs seem quite happy to disregard the real experiences of TS women as if our lives and experiences are irrelvant. Further, few TS women go back to GICs or Private providers post operatively so very little information is known about post op ts women and their HRT regimes.