Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 05-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Vanillas will become famous soon enough
Default Too Many Photos?

Pervs and Pervesses!

I'm in need of some basic information relative to the effect, if any, of a large amount of downloaded photos on the speed and functioning of a MacBook Pro. In short, I have been taking advantage of one of the spoils of a frequent poster and nightly download scores of pics from the Freebies section of the Archives. I presently have 670 of these, acquired over a period of less than a month . I have also noticed my computer getting slower and slower during this time and, this evening, I could not send a lengthy email. I'm beginning to suspect a cause and effect relationship. For MacBook Pro users, there is a 1:1 correspondence between event and photo and all 670 are easily accessible from the Photos icon on the task bar. Can anyone tell me if I have too many photos, IE. if this is causing my computer to run (much) slower? And, if so, maybe someone also knows the maximum number the Photo section can hold without sacrificing speed. I would greatly appreciate any input on this. Thank You.
Old 05-22-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

simmo has a spectacular aura aboutsimmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to simmo
Default Too Many Photos

I kept my pics on a USB Memory stick attached to my computer .
Old 05-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Thank You

Thanks, Fellas. It appears that the inordinate amount of photos I had in the Photos section was, indeed, the culprit. I got rid of all but a handful and my computer is back to normal functioning. I appreciate your help and will try your suggestions.
Old 05-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default Too Many Photos?

I guess I am a little late responding to your thread, Vanillas. Any photos or videos that I want to keep long term I save to "CD/RW's. I can tell you this, I have a huge collection of them (started saving pics/vids in 2002). I save very little in the way of photos and videos on my hard drive. If pics and vids do end up there it isn't isn't for long. Don't know if this is "old school", but it works for me.
Old 05-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Thank You

Thank You for the input, Aries. As is probably apparent, I am not very experienced with computers. I have been told that I should purchase a backup hard drive (this may not be the correct term) to save my files in the event that my computer crashes. This is now on my short list. Perhaps photos could be stored on it.
Old 05-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

SluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of lightSluttyShemaleAnna is a glorious beacon of light

I think the problem is that Mac OSX really slurps dogballs. I mean, why does the photo viewer load and sit in the whatevertheycallthatbigshitstickoficons at the bottom of the screen. Why not just load when you want to view pictures?

The solution is clearly to find Steve Jobs, and fart in his face.