Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 07-15-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
If you call yourself a true baseball fan, and unless you are a bona fide fan of the Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, Cubs, or Astros, you have to be rooting for the Pittsburgh Pirates to win the National League Central Division. Just sayin' ...
But Lyle Overpaid is a Pirate!
Old 07-15-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
If you call yourself a true baseball fan, and unless you are a bona fide fan of the Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, Cubs, or Astros, you have to be rooting for the Pittsburgh Pirates to win the National League Central Division. Just sayin' ...
Ummnnn NO

Philliefan Jen
Old 08-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

I know my friend shadows, who I do not believe to generally be guilty of schadenfreude, will take some pleasure in this story from yesterday's Los Angeles Times.

MLB investigates Alex Rodriguez for alleged high-stakes gambling

Alex Rodriguez is the subject of a Major League Baseball investigation for his alleged participation in high-stakes underground poker games, the league said Wednesday.

The New York Yankees third baseman is said to have played at least twice -- including in one game that involved several high-profile actors, cocaine and hundreds of thousands of dollars at the Beverly Hills mansion of a record executive -- according to reports published by multiple sources.

A story published on RadarOnline.com said that Rodriguez “tried to distance himself from the game” when a fight almost broke out.

“We're talking to people involved in the investigation and we're taking this very seriously,” an MLB executive told ESPN New York. “Because he had been warned about this before, I would say a possible suspension would be very much in play.”

In 2005 the Yankees and Commissioner Bud Selig warned Rodriguez about gambling in underground poker clubs, saying dealings with people who might also bet on baseball games could result in a lifetime ban from baseball.

“We take this very seriously and have been investigating this matter since the initial allegation,” the league said in a statement. “As part of the investigation, the Commissioner's Office will interview Mr. Rodriguez.”

Rodriguez is currently recovering from knee surgery last month and had been expected to be able to rejoin the team in a couple of weeks.

Old 08-03-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

^^^ If true he's outta baseball for good
Philliesfan Jen
Old 08-04-2011
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know my friend shadows, who I do not believe to generally be guilty of schadenfreude, will take some pleasure in this story from yesterday's Los Angeles Times.

MLB investigates Alex Rodriguez for alleged high-stakes gambling

Alex Rodriguez is the subject of a Major League Baseball investigation for his alleged participation in high-stakes underground poker games, the league said Wednesday.

The New York Yankees third baseman is said to have played at least twice -- including in one game that involved several high-profile actors, cocaine and hundreds of thousands of dollars at the Beverly Hills mansion of a record executive -- according to reports published by multiple sources.

A story published on RadarOnline.com said that Rodriguez ?tried to distance himself from the game? when a fight almost broke out.

?We're talking to people involved in the investigation and we're taking this very seriously,? an MLB executive told ESPN New York. ?Because he had been warned about this before, I would say a possible suspension would be very much in play.?

In 2005 the Yankees and Commissioner Bud Selig warned Rodriguez about gambling in underground poker clubs, saying dealings with people who might also bet on baseball games could result in a lifetime ban from baseball.

?We take this very seriously and have been investigating this matter since the initial allegation,? the league said in a statement. ?As part of the investigation, the Commissioner's Office will interview Mr. Rodriguez.?

Rodriguez is currently recovering from knee surgery last month and had been expected to be able to rejoin the team in a couple of weeks.

I read a couple of articles about this at the TSN and ESPN sites. If it is true(and knowing what a jerkoff he is, I have no doubt it is), then he should be suspended for it. There is a difference between playing poker in Las Vegas(or in one of the sanctioned poker tournaments such as the WPT or EPT) and the underground ones of which A-Roid is accused of being in.

People are commenting that it's "not a big deal" that he was playing poker. Like I mentioned above, it's not the fact that he was playing poker, it's just the venue in which he played it. Say he had lost a lot of money, or ended up being blackmailed for playing in illicit games, he could cause the game of baseball a lot of trouble. Not to mention the fact that he was told previously by Bud Selig to NOT do it, and he did it anyhow.

I don't think he will be banned for life, but I do think he will face a lengthy suspension if he is found to have been there. It might also allow the Yankees to dump his horrible contract(conduct detrimental to the team?), which is unfortunate. I want them to be saddled with it until it's completion.

And you were quite correct, smc. I do take some pleasure in hearing that A-Roid is in trouble again.
Old 08-30-2011
Dark Overlord

John Farrell can't come back soon enough. His idiot replacement decides to put in Tallet to try and get a save? There is a reason they got rid of him in the first place. Tallet is a HORRIBLE pitcher! I knew the second I saw him warming up that the Jays would lose...and they did.

Their bullpen is the worst I've ever seen, and they damned well better do something about it for next season.

Why they couldn't have Francisco pitch tonight is beyond me. His shoulder is sore? Well, why even bother having him if he can't pitch more than one game in a row.
Old 09-01-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Pikachu1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Can we call Cubbies Eliminated from the Playoffs Again. Cubs need to get rid of everybody except Castro and Barney, Probably Rameriz too. Can't see them win for 10 years. 21 years of being a cubs fan and they bring me heartache. Fuck Bartman.

At least the Red Sox are leading the AL East by a game and a half and hopefully win another title. I wish Epstien can Come to the Cubbies Next year and break the curse of the Billy goat kind of what he did to the curse in 2004.
Old 09-01-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Default My Recap of Cubs Red Sox in May

I was at this game in May. Left Omaha Nebraska on That Thursday the 19 and came back on the 22. Anyways saw USS Massachusetts and couple of uncle, aunt and Cousins that live south of Boston in Quincy Yes they have the Accent. But going back to the game yes they wore their 1918 jerseys and it looked like I went back in time. After the 2nd inning they turned off the PA system and they annouced the players name on the loud speaker thing. We heard Dustin Pedroia of the Sox and that was it for 2 innings they did this. It had a feel of 1918. What they should of done was put concession set for 1918 prices. I got a couple Beers and it cost 8 dollars for a beer. Seriously 8 bucks for a 12 oz beer. Zambrano was pitching for the Cubs. And he was doing ok job Pitching but let Big Papi have a 2 run HR. But anyways Sox collapse and Cubbies won. I was happy. I'm a Red Sox fan but a Cubbies fan at heart. Sorry for the post that was back in May but you will never know when the Cubs and Red Sox will play again.

Quote:
On Saturday, to celebrate the Cubs coming to Fenway for the first time since the 1981 World Series, the Red Sox and Chicago not only donned period uniforms (which, on the Sox, looked ridiculous -- I was wondering when they would start selling ice cream), but also shut off the sound system for a while and had a guy announce each batter through a megaphone. Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe writes about sound systems and other spectacles at the ballpark. For me, a long-time baseball fan (he mentions some "generational" things), this really resonates.

Does game time really have to be show time?
May 22, 2011 | By Nick Cafardo

One of the more enjoyable parts of this season for me came during a Friday night Red Sox-Yankees game when the Yankee Stadium PA system malfunctioned for about two innings. Unfortunately, it was fixed.

No more blaring music or dancing mascots. It was pure baseball, just like the old days, when all you heard was the occasional organ music in the background.

We all understand the ?presentation?? that very talented and creative people put together for a ballgame, but couldn?t those same talented and creative people incorporate a two-inning silent time during the course of the game, when baseball is the most important thing taking place in the ballpark?

At the Yankee game, the crowd got louder, and the players actually could hear the fans.

?I thought it was pretty cool, actually,?? Adrian Gonzalez said that night. ?It was different.??

It was not only ?different,?? it was great. There was nothing attacking your sensibilities. I?m not saying eliminate all the distractions, but have some quiet time.

They tried this at Fenway last night. The Sox, in celebration of their first meeting with the Cubs in 93 years, were trying to re-create a 1918 atmosphere, with no amplified sound and no video. A man with a megaphone announced batters for two innings, and the teams were decked out in uniforms of the era.

To the Red Sox? credit, they were going to measure the fan response and gauge whether they could incorporate more silence into future games.

Baseball is a cerebral game. It doesn?t need shenanigans all of the time. Give the electronics a rest. Let the game take over, so people actually can concentrate on it rather than wonder what silly song is about to play when Jonathan Papelbon comes into the game.

Maybe it?s generational. Maybe fans under the age of 35 love all of this other stuff around the game.

In that Yankee Stadium game, the home team rallied, and Curtis Granderson cited a difference in the fan energy.

?They made up for that [lost audio],?? he said. ?It was absolutely amazing. They gave us enough energy to be able to do that [come back]. We just weren?t able to go ahead and finish it.??

There?s a fine line between what?s enough and what?s too much. Baseball, in general, does a good job drawing the line. But if you?re the home team and you have a chance to rally in a close game, why not shut off the audio for a bit and allow fans to be fans and let the players actually hear them?

Longtime baseball and NBA executive Stan Kasten said that, based on surveys and research, silence is not what fans want.

?I think the line always has to be drawn, and I admit you walk into some places and it?s too much,?? said Kasten, ?but I must say, I think for the most part baseball gets it right. I think it adds to the customer experience and I think the customer wants the entertainment between innings to complete their experience and make their experience more enjoyable.

?The guy who sits in the press box is not the average fan. At the end of the day, if you?re doing your job right, you?re adding to the experience, not taking away from it. The people we have talked to over the years want more of it, not less of it.??

Come on, Stan. Do we really need a Kiss-Cam?

?Do you not hear people complaining that baseball is boring??? Kasten said. ?Of course it isn?t. Those of us who love the game don?t feel that way at all. We love just sitting there and watching baseball.

?But we need to appeal to a broad base of people and younger people are a very important demographic.??

Important, but do they buy the tickets? Aren?t the tickets bought by an older demographic who bring the younger demographic to the games? Don?t those people just come to watch David Ortiz hit a home run or Dustin Pedroia lay down a bunt? Do they come to watch scenes from ?Animal House?? on the Jumbotron?

?If anything, we?re leaning toward more entertainment,?? Kasten said.

Say it isn?t so.

Sox CEO Larry Lucchino isn?t against limited quiet time.

?I do think we have to manage sensory overload,?? Lucchino said. ?There?s a danger in doing too much and detracting from the game. We worry about that.??

We were all kids once, and we remember the games, the moments of the games, and not the dugout dancers. Wally the Green Monster is pretty neat, I must admit, but is it really necessary? Ted, Yaz, Rico, Looie, Lynn, Fisk, Rice ? that used to be enough.

I?m just asking for what we experienced that night at Yankee Stadium and last night at Fenway. Let the game stand on its own. It was so refreshing.

?Novelty is always good,?? Kasten said.

It?s amazing that in this era, just watching baseball without the show is a novelty.

Ah well, on with the show.

Old 09-23-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have an answer for what is happening to my Red Sox. Please don't ask me.
Old 09-26-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
I don't have an answer for what is happening to my Red Sox. Please don't ask me.
At least they were able to pull off a 7-4 victory in game #2 of yesterday's doubleheader. They have a 1 game lead going into their final 3 games of the season. Even though it's Baltimore they're playing, they have to make sure they don't take them lightly. Baltimore has been playing spoiler the past few games, and they have been giving the other teams a fair bit of trouble! Except for Brian Matusz. How a guy with a 10.69 ERA (for the season!) can still be in the rotation just boggles my mind!

So, Boston still has a chance to escape with the Wild Card.
Old 10-01-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

parrio is on a distinguished road

maybe this is year of the rays
Old 10-01-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrio View Post
maybe this is year of the rays
I so hope not

This is the Phillies year
Philliefan Jen
Old 10-01-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

MayDay has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post

This is the Phillies year
That's what my brother is saying. Grew up there, lived in the Bay Area, now in Boston. Don't know who to root for anymore. Well, not the Sox at this point. So, yeah, go Phillies
Old 10-07-2011
Dark Overlord

And the Yankees are gone! Fitting that the game (and series) ended with A-Roid striking out.
Old 10-08-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Angry

Can't believe the Brewers and Cardinals are in the NLCS. I hate them both as I'm a Cubbies fan. Hopefully The Brewers win the NL and get beaten By The Tigers in the WS. I will go off the deep end if The Cardinals win the NL then win the WS. the Cardinals.
Old 10-08-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu1989 View Post
Can't believe the Brewers and Cardinals are in the NLCS. I hate them both as I'm a Cubbies fan. Hopefully The Brewers win the NL and get beaten By The Tigers in the WS. I will go off the deep end if The Cardinals win the NL then win the WS. the Cardinals.
The Phillies lost just like they did last year, by lack of offense. I thought for sure they would have at least made it to the World Series. Sheesh. Poor Doc. Leaves Toronto hoping for a better offense, and just like when he pitched for the Jays, the offense pulls a disappearing act. He deserved better.

So the teams are now down to Milwaukee, St. Louis, Texas, and Detroit. I was rooting for Detroit against New York, so I will continue to root for them to win the World Series.
Old 10-08-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
...So the teams are now down to Milwaukee, St. Louis, Texas, and Detroit. I was rooting for Detroit against New York, so I will continue to root for them to win the World Series.
I lost interest when Toronto didn't make it to the playoffs. I did have a spark of interest in watching New York lose and that to me is the best part of the season.
Old 10-08-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post

So the teams are now down to Milwaukee, St. Louis, Texas, and Detroit. I was rooting for Detroit against New York, so I will continue to root for them to win the World Series.

YAWN!!! what crappy teams and i can careless who wins
my attention is on my Penguins
moving on to hockey Jen
Old 10-08-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I lost interest when Toronto didn't make it to the playoffs. I did have a spark of interest in watching New York lose and that to me is the best part of the season.
I will admit that my fervor is less now that hockey is back(Toronto is 2-0 to start the season...although they got a little lax in the third period and it almost cost them!). However, there is still some interesting baseball to see.
Old 10-25-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I wonder how many other cities would see their three network affiliates suspend regular news programming to carry the press conference at which the Chicago Cubs (not the home team) officially announce Theo Epstein as the new president of baseball operations. Only the world's greatest baseball city: BOSTON!
Old 11-23-2011

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Greg Halman (26-Aug-1987 ? 21-Nov-2011)

Quote:
Seattle Mariners outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death.

Dutch baseball player Greg Halman has been stabbed to death in Rotterdam and his younger brother has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Halman, 24, played as an outfielder for Major League side Seattle Mariners.

He joined the club in 2004 after a spell in the minor leagues and played 35 games for the Mariners last season.

A Rotterdam police spokesman said: "A 24-year-old died this morning in a stabbing and we have arrested the 22-year-old brother of the victim."

Halman helped promote the sport in Europe by holding coaching clinics with youngsters and he was part of the Netherlands side which won the 2007 European Baseball Championship.
Old 11-24-2011
Dark Overlord

It just goes to show you that you never know when the object of your demise will hit you.
Old 11-24-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Live each day as if it was your last, for one day you'll be right
Philliefan Jen
Old 11-25-2011
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
Live each day as if it was your last, for one day you'll be right
Philliefan Jen
Words to live by, Jennifer.