Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

marlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the rough
Default Gender Identification Requirement! Why?

It is now obligatory to make a self-identification of gender in order to participate on this forum.

Why?

I'm completely baffled as to why this is seen as necessary. Perhaps the powers that be (SSL?) can enlighten us?

I think this is bizarre on a forum which has some lively discussion on aspects of gender identification, it's ambiguities, nuances, and fluidity.

I'm aware that bm 'sesame' recently posted the following:

"I think it should be made mandatory for all
forum members to fill the personal info properly.
At least fill in the gender part, so we can
address each other properly. If this info is
put in ones personal information, in user cp,
we can just click the username and instantly
know if the addressee is a man, woman, or Tg.
At least, man or woman?
At present, its very difficult because,
most members have ambiguous usernames
and equally elusive avatars."

It's an opinion but I don't see the persuasive argument here. What's wrong with addressing people by their username? If you want more information about someone you can always ask, either in a public thread or by pm, and the person can choose to answer or not. Avatars and usernames intentionally offer the possibility of ambiguity or anonymity if that's what a person wants.

Here's what another member 'Jennangelina' had to say in another context about telling the boys from the girls:

"yeah in pictures, on da streets in dance clubs (where i am all da time) it's hard to be really sure who is who or what anymore...........i am always in dance clubs and clubs and at campus and im always with my dance crew and peeps hit n me my friends and never can u tell unless u know dats so true."

That sounds to me like a club worth visiting, and good fun!

I don't have a problem personally with publicizing my gender self-identification and I don't suppose most people mind or that it will put people off joining. That's not the point, it's not a big deal - and precisely because it's not a big deal I can't for the life of me understand why it's now a requirement, and I think it should be reconsidered.

Actually I'm far more disturbed to see I've now graduated to 'Senior Ladyboy Lover' status! It sounds as though I should be drawing my pension.!!!