Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 12-22-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts
Default There Goes the Internet

The FCC just approved a plan to regulate the internet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...est=latestnews

Thanks for watching that YouTube video! That will be 50 cents, please. Welcome to the world of net neutrality where conceivably you'll have to pay extra for a streaming video package to get Youtube, Hulu and TV.com. And that's only the beginning.

Everyone needs to call your congressmen to tell the government to butt out of the internet. If we stay silent on this make no mistake, we will not recognize it when they are done with it!
Old 12-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Amy has a spectacular aura aboutAmy has a spectacular aura about

You mean WITHOUT net neutrality.

Net neutrality is the existing standard in most countries, where regulation OUTLAWS charging extra for prioritising traffic, so, for example, you get the same connection speed to fox news as you do to wikipedia and your own blog.

In their capitulating to the demands of right wing corporate interests, the US government have agreed to dial back that regulation and ALLOW certain companies exception from net neutrality.

Without it, expect in the long term, to have much slower connections to sites like this one which don't make much money, and faster connections to ones like Fox, etc. which have billions of dollars to pay for faster traffic.
Old 12-23-2010
aw9725

Very good description of what ?Net Neutrality? is about.
Old 01-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

racquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Everyone needs to call your congressmen to tell the government to butt out of the internet. If we stay silent on this make no mistake, we will not recognize it when they are done with it!
Did you read the article? The purpose of the regulations is to keep ISPs who are pushing their own bundled services from trying to give their own content priority. Like Time Warner and Cox giving their own VOIP services bandwidth while they strangle competing services like Skype.

Try to pick something more reasonable to have a psycho conspiracy theory about. The FCC will never have the power to regulate all the content on the Internet. There are already things that are blatantly illegal that they can't stop.

For example, I buy Androcur online from India (which is an illegal drug in the US), and I play poker on gambling sites based in Gibraltar. They want to regulate this. They want to keep me from doing things that are illegal in the US, but they've been unable to so far. So this whole article is irrelevant except for the small possibility that it may actually do something to protect us as consumers.

In your right-wing psychosis you're implying that that this is some Democrat plot to take away our freedoms. The blatantly corrupt politicians who are against regulations so much that they allow completely unethical business and banking practices are the reason the economy is fucked. The Republicans who voted against this don't want this kind of safeguard is because they're getting blown by the CEOs to protect their interests.

You want me to call my congressman and complain that I don't want them regulating monopolies like Time Warner? Stop listening to Fox News.

Last edited by ila; 01-04-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed offensive word used to describe quoted member
Old 01-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

racquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really nice

There's too many Uncle Tom transvestites out there. Guys who like to put on panties and beat off or get fucked in the ass, but are also married to women they have no respect for and are conservative douche-bags who are glad to vote for the kind of people who are against gay marriage, against teaching real science in schools, against allowing me to change my birth certificate to female, and against me having any protection from blatant discrimination in the workplace.

Maybe you're not a horrible person, so I'll apologize in advance.
Old 01-04-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Amy has a spectacular aura aboutAmy has a spectacular aura about

*hugs Racquel*

Thanks for having the patience I didn't, to say all that.
Old 01-05-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

parr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to parr
Default parr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racquel View Post
Did you read the article? The purpose of the regulations is to keep ISPs who are pushing their own bundled services from trying to give their own content priority. Like Time Warner and Cox giving their own VOIP services bandwidth while they strangle competing services like Skype.

Try to pick something more reasonable to have a psycho conspiracy theory about. The FCC will never have the power to regulate all the content on the Internet. There are already things that are blatantly illegal that they can't stop.

For example, I buy Androcur online from India (which is an illegal drug in the US), and I play poker on gambling sites based in Gibraltar. They want to regulate this. They want to keep me from doing things that are illegal in the US, but they've been unable to so far. So this whole article is irrelevant except for the small possibility that it may actually do something to protect us as consumers.

In your right-wing psychosis you're implying that that this is some Democrat plot to take away our freedoms. The blatantly corrupt politicians who are against regulations so much that they allow completely unethical business and banking practices are the reason the economy is fucked. The Republicans who voted against this don't want this kind of safeguard is because they're getting blown by the CEOs to protect their interests.

You want me to call my congressman and complain that I don't want them regulating monopolies like Time Warner? Stop listening to Fox News.
On top of that, it would be unconstitutional but on the safe side contact
your congressman, thats why they are there.
Old 01-09-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Maybe you trust this administration to regulate the internet, but I don't.

Obama Administration Reportedly Plans to Create Internet ID for All Americans
Old 01-09-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

randolph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
Maybe you trust this administration to regulate the internet, but I don't.

Obama Administration Reportedly Plans to Create Internet ID for All Americans
This is the kind of thing the KGB would have loved to have.
Old 01-09-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph View Post
This is the kind of thing the KGB would have loved to have.
I know... or like something from Communist China.