Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 02-05-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Yes, was a great game, despite the outcome. Even better than the one I'm watching right now between the Bruins and the Capitals.
The clean hit in the second period alone made it a great game, ouch that one had to hurt

Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 02-05-2012
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
You may get the chance, cause a president Romney means i'll be moving to Canada

Penguins cheerleader Jen
Now I hope that Romney wins.

You'll certainly improve the area wherever you move, Jen.
Old 02-05-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

transjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud oftransjen has much to be proud of

No happy dance tonight
damn Devils
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 02-05-2012
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes, was a great game, despite the outcome. Even better than the one I'm watching right now between the Bruins and the Capitals.
Thanks to Boston for taking out a team that is fighting Toronto for a playoff spot!
Old 02-11-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

stuck at home on a friday night and to make thing worse no Penguins game tonight
So this Penguins cheerleader loaned herself out to the REDWINGS
a good game with a low score and it ended in a shootout
which i usaly hate but for some reason i like watching when it's the REDWINGS
nice thing was the DUCKS lost
So for tonight GO REDWINGS
a Penguins cheerleader on loan to the REDWINGS Jen
Old 02-11-2012
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

smc, being a Bruins fan, do you think that the past two incidents involving Tim Thomas's political actions(White House visit and his posts on Facebook) are (or going to be) a detriment to the team? I can't help but feel that this will have some effect on the team.
Old 02-11-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
smc, being a Bruins fan, do you think that the past two incidents involving Tim Thomas's political actions(White House visit and his posts on Facebook) are (or going to be) a detriment to the team? I can't help but feel that this will have some effect on the team.
They absolutely are a detriment. Irrespective of the political content, the actions of Tim Thomas are detracting from the team. On the day the Bruins visited the White House, the story was Tim and not the Bruins. With his recent Facebook post, you can see his teammates starting to grow weary of it. On the TV news, they stand by him in their words, but their eyes reveal a different perspective.

It's really unfortunate. I thought Tim Thomas should have been fined by the league for the crap he pulled at the White House. And just to show that it's not about the politics for me, I thought Major League Baseball should have fined Theo Epstein (then Red Sox general manager) when he did the same thing during the Bush years.
Old 02-11-2012
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Centre of the Hockey Universe?

I was watching tv yesterday morning and saw an interview with Brian Burke. The volume was turned down lower than I could comfortably hear and there were people in the room talking at the same time, but I was sure that I heard Brian Burke say that Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe. I almost lost my breakfast at that mention. If that is what he did say I completely disagree with him.

I would consider Canada as a whole to be the centre of the hockey universe, but not the Toronto area. If I had to pin it down to a region in Canada then I would say that the prairie provinces are the centre of the hockey universe. I'm sure that other hockey fans who read this will disagree with me on where the centre of the hockey universe is. So, fans, where do you think is the centre of the hockey universe?
Old 02-12-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
They absolutely are a detriment. Irrespective of the political content, the actions of Tim Thomas are detracting from the team. On the day the Bruins visited the White House, the story was Tim and not the Bruins. With his recent Facebook post, you can see his teammates starting to grow weary of it. On the TV news, they stand by him in their words, but their eyes reveal a different perspective.

It's really unfortunate. I thought Tim Thomas should have been fined by the league for the crap he pulled at the White House. And just to show that it's not about the politics for me, I thought Major League Baseball should have fined Theo Epstein (then Red Sox general manager) when he did the same thing during the Bush years.
Thanks smc. I figured you would have posted an unbiased view regardless of your love of the Bruins. I agree with you, and feel that his actions are one of the main reasons for their recent swoon. I am wondering if they will attempt to trade him before the deadline? I realize that it's unlikely, but you never know! They have Tukka Rask, and they would probably get some good pieces for Thomas.

I just hate when an athlete tries to make himself bigger than the team.I realize that he is the only American on the team(hard to believe, eh?), but he needs to realize that the team comes first! I would feel the same even if it was a Canadian player playing on a Canadian team. Hockey should be about hockey!
Old 02-12-2012
Dark Overlord

Toronto lost their 3rd straight game, getting smoked by Montreal 5-0. They need to freaking wake up, and stop this win a few, lose a few mentality!
Old 02-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks smc. I figured you would have posted an unbiased view regardless of your love of the Bruins. I agree with you, and feel that his actions are one of the main reasons for their recent swoon. I am wondering if they will attempt to trade him before the deadline? I realize that it's unlikely, but you never know! They have Tukka Rask, and they would probably get some good pieces for Thomas.

I just hate when an athlete tries to make himself bigger than the team.I realize that he is the only American on the team(hard to believe, eh?), but he needs to realize that the team comes first! I would feel the same even if it was a Canadian player playing on a Canadian team. Hockey should be about hockey!
Agreed, but Steven Kampfer is also from Michigan. So, compared to last year, we actually have had a 100% increase in Americans on the Bruins.
Old 02-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I was watching tv yesterday morning and saw an interview with Brian Burke. The volume was turned down lower than I could comfortably hear and there were people in the room talking at the same time, but I was sure that I heard Brian Burke say that Toronto is the centre of the hockey universe. I almost lost my breakfast at that mention. If that is what he did say I completely disagree with him.

I would consider Canada as a whole to be the centre of the hockey universe, but not the Toronto area. If I had to pin it down to a region in Canada then I would say that the prairie provinces are the centre of the hockey universe. I'm sure that other hockey fans who read this will disagree with me on where the centre of the hockey universe is. So, fans, where do you think is the centre of the hockey universe?
Well two of the greatest hockey players of all time came off the Prairie Booby Orr and Wayne Gretskzy

Penguins Cheerleader Jen
Old 02-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Toronto lost their 3rd straight game, getting smoked by Montreal 5-0. They need to freaking wake up, and stop this win a few, lose a few mentality!

And on top of that it happend on Mat Sundin day
How rude
Penguinscheerleader Jen
Old 02-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Apropos of the Tim Thomas discussion in earlier posts, I am adding here a column by The Boston Globe's Hockey Hall of Fame columnist Kevin Paul Dupont, who says far more eloquently than have I what is really at issue with our goalie's recent behavior.

Thomas needs a save to restore his legacy
By Kevin Paul Dupont
Globe Staff / February 12, 2012

It can still end well here for Tim Thomas. Right now, the Facebook-posting, self-imploding goaltender is shoulder to shoulder with Curt Schilling and Manny Ramirez regarding how Boston will remember him. Not just as a player, but as a person, a key player-citizen in what is the unique nation of Boston sports.

Through a trio of Facebook postings issued over the course of 19 days, the 37-year-old Thomas has told the world that he wants to be heard. He feels the need to get his thoughts out there, and we are left to believe he wants to stimulate thought and conversation.

But he doesn?t want the media talking to him about it, and he told a gaggle of reporters, bloggers, and photographers Thursday at the Bruins practice facility in Wilmington that he?ll simply stop talking whenever he is asked about the personal beliefs he is posting for the world to see.

?Peace. Out, ?? Thomas said Thursday, abruptly truncating an interview when asked another question about his posting.

OK, count me as confused, and I believe that confusion is headed to a bad place for Thomas, his Boston legacy, his team, and his teammates.

Perhaps Thomas is just naive, acting the way a child does when putting hands to the side of his or her head to block out what a parent or playmate is saying.

Or worse, maybe he?s delusional, truly believing that he can post about the perceived evils of big government and what he believes are threats to religious freedom, and that no one in the media should think, or has the right, to ask for further explanation or context.

Wednesday?s posting, which included a quote from Martin Niemoller, the late Lutheran pastor who wrote the missive, ?First they came,?? touched on such topics as Nazi Germany, trade unions, Jews, Communists, and Catholicism. In this town, any one of those subjects is a pretty good chew. Imagine the reaction had he included a word about hockey?

Whether Thomas is naive or delusional, his ?going Facebook?? is not going to wear well here, not in a town where fans and media invest deeply, perhaps care too much, in every little thing relating to their professional teams and athletes. Not only will fans and media quickly get fed up, but far more important, so will teammates, Bruins management, and ownership.

Contrary to what some of those significant Spoked-B partners are saying publicly right now, Thomas already has irritated some and angered others with his words, as well as his Jan. 23 White House no-show.

One teammate dismissed it with the standard, ?Hey, he?s a goalie, what do you expect? They?re all nuts.??

Sure, funny, to a point. But it will only get worse if Thomas keeps posting, then keeps invoking his right to remain silent, leaving the media to turn repeatedly to teammates, management, and ownership to ask, ?Hey, what?s with the goalie? Is he right? Is he angry? And, by the way, what do you think of politics, religion, and do you practice contraception???

Eventually, in a team setting, Thomas?s postings and subsequent media attention become corrosive, especially with players, many of whom don?t care about his sociopolitical views or simply don?t want them intruding in their workplace.

Thomas in turn can tell them it?s the media doing the intruding. But that?s the media?s raison d?etre. Case in point: when the intruding media did the legwork that chased Richard Nixon out of the house that Thomas didn?t dare visit because he can?t tolerate bad government. Seems the goalie and the media are sometimes on the same page.

Thomas fails to understand that he has a voice here, delivered through his Facebook missives, because of 1. his success, 2. the team that employs him, and 3. the fellow employees, including players, coaches, and managers, who have aided greatly in his success.

Let?s be clear: He has every right to say anything and everything he pleases. He has the same right not to have to explain himself to the media. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

But with freedom and action come reaction and consequence. That is what Thomas is missing, or choosing to ignore. He is not operating in parallel universes, allowing him to deliver missives via Facebook and then assimilate anonymously, and without accountability, back into the team structure.

Oh, he?s right, there is a lot of wacky stuff going on in the world right now, much of it crazier than anything he has touched on in his postings. But he has watched far too many ?Star Trek?? reruns if he believes he can beam himself out of one world and act as if the other one never happened. Whoa, Scotty! Not the way it works. Not even in the make-believe world of pro sports.

True, he is not obligated to respond to the media. But he does have an obligation not to leave his teammates and the Bruins front office left to answer for him. He is, in hockey terms, leaving everyone in the organization out to dry. A goalie should understand how that feels.

Thomas skipped a White House visit, which was a mandatory team event. General manager Peter Chiarelli cut him a big break, told him he would not be punished or suspended for not attending, and by nightfall Thomas posted his railings on the government as a means of explaining his absence. Which in turn had club president Cam Neely issuing a statement that Thomas?s actions were disappointing and that his views did not express those of club ownership or the team.

Thomas used the back of the franchise and the shoulders of his teammates to promulgate his views that the US government has run amok. Skipping the mandatory team event could have prompted Chiarelli to fine or suspend him. Which, in turn, could have led Thomas to file a grievance through the Players Association, exposing himself, team, and teammates to more rounds of media scrutiny. I?ll bet, for the good of his team, and the hope of a second Stanley Cup, Chiarelli chose the high road.

Chiarelli, by the way, politely continued to offer ?no comment?? when I asked him his thoughts in the wake of Thomas?s actions Thursday.

Schilling, for all his incessant talk and bluster, remains around town and in decent standing with Red Sox Nation. His self-importance grew to be annoying, but he?s OK, and he remains within earshot while running a video business tethered to another make-believe world.

Ramirez, because of his abundant talent to hit a ball, was a tolerated fool in his Red Sox days. His image was soiled badly by his suspension in Los Angeles for the use of banned substances and later his abrupt quitting in Tampa. He leaves Sox fans wanting to erase him from everything but the box scores.

Thomas is a great talent. For a guy who was ignored and sometimes chided during chunks of his amateur career, his talents minimized and style quirky, he now has a shot of making the Hall of Fame. With one Stanley Cup and two Vezinas, maybe that?s a lock now.

The question for the moment is, what will he leave behind in Boston? Will it be Tim Thomas, the uber-talented scrapper who was the No. 1 reason the Bruins won the Cup in 2011? Or will it be the guy who opted to turn the club?s White House visit into his own political pedestal, then continued to leave everyone else on the team to explain his politics, his sociological beliefs, his views on both freedom of speech and freedom of silence?

If Thomas thinks it?s only the media observing him now with a quizzical eye and a ball of confusion, again he is either profoundly naive or delusional. His teammates and the front office are wondering. Some of them are simmering. So are the fans. What they care most about is the team. Most of them just want to be sure he cares the same.

Schilling?s bloody sock made everyone believe. Ramirez?s parade of horribles made everyone want to forget. What will Thomas?s Facebook page do for him?

Sure, funny, to a point. But it will only get worse if Thomas keeps posting, then keeps invoking his right to remain silent, leaving the media to turn repeatedly to teammates, management, and ownership to ask, ?Hey, what?s with the goalie? Is he right? Is he angry? And, by the way, what do you think of politics, religion, and do you practice contraception???
Old 02-13-2012
Dark Overlord

Excellent article.
Old 02-23-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WTF????
what's happening here?
just because i get sick and miss a week around here you are telling me nothing happend in the NHL and there was nothing to post about?
so i guess the NHL shutdown for the week i was in the hostipal
Which i guess would be nice since i wasn't able to follow anything so if anyone can give me a little update i'll be gratefull
A recovering Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 02-23-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
WTF????
what's happening here?
just because i get sick and miss a week around here you are telling me nothing happend in the NHL and there was nothing to post about?
so i guess the NHL shutdown for the week i was in the hostipal
Which i guess would be nice since i wasn't able to follow anything so if anyone can give me a little update i'll be gratefull
A recovering Penguins cheerleader Jen
Jeez, Jen, I hope everything is okay. The news on the hockey front is that it looks as if your Penguins are doing fine, for the most part, and that my Bruins are not going to catch the Rangers. In fact, I think they will be fighting with Ottawa for the division lead up to the end, unless someone suddenly pulls away. Meanwhile, the debacle in Montreal continues.

All the best for your recovery from whatever ...
Old 02-28-2012
Dark Overlord

Now that the Trade Deadline is over, maybe the Leafs can wake the fuck up and start playing some decent hockey again!
Old 02-28-2012
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Now that the Trade Deadline is over, maybe the Leafs can wake the fuck up and start playing some decent hockey again!
And maybe Elvis still lives.
Old 02-28-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I beg your pardon ...
Attached Thumbnails
Elvis_examiner-thumb.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
I beg your pardon ...
That should be proof enough for anyone.
Old 02-29-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
The way the season's going for our two teams, it may end up being a race to see who ends up last in the Eastern Conference.

I cannot wait until they fire Ron Wilson.
Old 03-03-2012
Dark Overlord

Christmas came early for me! The Leafs fired Ron Wilson. About freaking time!
Old 03-05-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

k.sucks.you is on a distinguished road

Can I get in here and share the misery?

Sharks are fighting hard, the new guys look okay, our D is more on than off, but we're still falling fast...

I hope we'll start getting the bounces our way again soon!
It's painful to watch.

-K
Old 03-07-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
Can I get in here and share the misery?

Sharks are fighting hard, the new guys look okay, our D is more on than off, but we're still falling fast...

I hope we'll start getting the bounces our way again soon!
It's painful to watch.

-K
At least your team is still in the thick of things. The Leafs, barring a HUGE comeback, are pretty much cooked.
Old 03-07-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
At least your team is still in the thick of things. The Leafs, barring a HUGE comeback, are pretty much cooked.
They were a bit hard for my team -- the BOSTON CHEFS -- to cook last night ... for a change.
Old 03-14-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WOO-HOO!!!!!!
Sid returns for the game agianst the Rangers
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 03-16-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

WOO-HOO!!!!!

Sidney returned to game action last night playing a full 14 mins was +3 with 1 asst all while being the main focaus of the Rangers freeing up the other Penguins players
so last night i did my happy dance
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 03-19-2012
Dark Overlord

Quote:
WOO-HOO!!!!!

Sidney returned to game action last night playing a full 14 mins was +3 with 1 asst all while being the main focaus of the Rangers freeing up the other Penguins players
so last night i did my happy dance
Penguins cheerleader Jen
I'll bet yesterday was a bitter pill to swallow! Pittsburgh's 11 game winning streak was halted by the Flyers with 1 second remaining in OT!
Old 03-20-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
I'll bet yesterday was a bitter pill to swallow! Pittsburgh's 11 game winning streak was halted by the Flyers with 1 second remaining in OT!

I tried like hell to get some tickets for that game but couldn't get any and i was bumned out but after seeing the game on tv and the last second mircale shot [lucky bastard] i'm glad i didn't see the game in person

Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 03-23-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

oh yea happy dance time yes my Penguins beat Nashvile and are now only 1 point behind the Rangers for first place in the east

so now i want everyone here to join me in
Malkin- MVP
Crosby- Comeback player of the year
and lastly
THE PENGUINS WIN THE CUP!!!!!
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 03-23-2012
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
oh yea happy dance time yes my Penguins beat Nashvile and are now only 1 point behind the Rangers for first place in the east

so now i want everyone here to join me in
Malkin- MVP
Crosby- Comeback player of the year
and lastly
THE PENGUINS WIN THE CUP!!!!!
Penguins cheerleader Jen
I've never been a Rangers fan, but they have had one of their best seasons ever and look like the team most likely to win the cup this year. I really hope that they don't win the cup, but they are doing everything right, so far.
Old 03-31-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

My Bruins are noted for a very funny series of TV commercials teaching "fan etiquette," featuring the Bruins mascot in Boston Garden's restrooms and elsewhere. Now, as the regular season ends, the Bruins have released a new spoof of 1970s TV sitcoms. "The Bear and the Gang" features the mascot, Bruins players (like Brad Marchand, in the photo below), Jack Edwards (our great TV play-by-play guy, pictured below in the center), and Rene Rancourt (pictured below on the left; he butchers the national anthems of the United States and Canada every night the Bruins play at home, but is a bona-fide "fan favorite).

There are supposed to be two episodes that will be made available during the playoffs.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmS9ACPT8w
Attached Thumbnails
batg_1024x768.jpg  
Old 04-03-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

OK the season is just about over and it's time to talk about fixing the NHL and the best way is to relocate some teams starting with the Lightening and moving them to Quebec
Then lets move the Predators to Hartfort as the new Whalers
Then move the Panthers to Maine and rename them the lobsters
Then move Dallas Stars, to Oakland and bring back the seals
so this guy would be happy agian

http://youtu.be/ALuYj3ewRMQ

Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default the playoffs so far suck

day one of the playoffs sucked big time
if game one was a foreshadow of things to come then hockey season will end very quickly this year
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
day one of the playoffs sucked big time
if game one was a foreshadow of things to come then hockey season will end very quickly this year
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Hockey season for YOU, Jen ... but not necessarily for any of the rest of us.

Perhaps the Penguins are experiencing that "karma is a bitch" phenomenon, as retribution for some of their escapades during the last week of the regular season?

Don't get me wrong: I hate the Flyers and I don't want to see them advance.
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Just for the fun of it, and to give my hockey-fan friends on this site something to make fun of me for later on, I am going to go out on a limb and make predictions about the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Los Angeles will beat Vancouver in six games -- a big UPSET and a huge blow to my imaginary NHL in which Los Angeles doesn't even have a team.

St. Louis will beat San Jose in five games.

Phoenix will prevail over Chicago in six games, despite -- again -- that there shouldn't even be a hockey team in Arizona.

Detroit will beat Nashville in seven games.

Ottawa will make the New York Rangers work much harder than anyone expects, but the Rangers will advance after six games.

Florida (another place that shouldn't have a hockey team) will beat the New Jersey Devils in six games.

Pittsburgh will defeat Philadelphia. It will take seven games, and there will be several Penguin players who are physically unable to advance to Round 2.

The Boston Bruins will beat Washington in six games.

Okay, let's see how fucked up these prediction are ... in a couple of weeks!
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Don't get me wrong: I hate the Flyers and I don't want to see them advance.

don't you mean the Flyers is the last time you'd want to face in round two
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

HORNYAL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HORNYAL

Over all, I still think that St. Louis has an excellent chance of making it to the last round.

Two great goaltenders such as Halak and Elliot, it's going to be an interesting series.

I still remember what Halak did for my team, the Montreal Canadiens, 2 years ago.

We're still chanting his name here
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
don't you mean the Flyers is the last time you'd want to face in round two
Penguins cheerleader Jen
No, I hate them regardless of anything else, including whether they are the team the Bruins would next face.

I made my prediction, though, based on an honest assessment of team chances, not personal "favorites" in each match-up. Had it been done that way, none of those southern teams would have been picked.
Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
No, I hate them regardless of anything else, including whether they are the team the Bruins would next face.

I made my prediction, though, based on an honest assessment of team chances, not personal "favorites" in each match-up. Had it been done that way, none of those southern teams would have been picked.
It's interesting that you say "favorites" especially when you are so sure that the Bruins will make it to the second round.

Remember, playoff hockey is vastly different than the regular season.
After all these years of watching hockey and especially since the last expansion, the only thing that I'm saying is, watch out for upsets.
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNYAL View Post
I

After all these years of watching hockey and especially since the last expansion, the only thing that I'm saying is, watch out for upsets.

The big upset will be if the Penguins don't win the cup
but the most upsetting thing would be Nashvile vs FL for the cup
Penguins cheerleader Jen
Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Penguins cheerleader Jen
It is true that the Penguins function well as a team without Crosby, I worry about Fleury choking. The guy is good but, not always consistant in terms of play.

Crosby did play well yesterday and I see them going strong throughout this series but, the Flyers are brutal when it comes to anything physical.

Finesse vs. brawn. We'll see
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
It's interesting that you say "favorites" especially when you are so sure that the Bruins will make it to the second round.
Sorry, but your statement above makes no sense to me. I used the word "favorites" to imply which team I would prefer to win in a matchup, and then stated that my predictions were based on my assessment of who is likely to win, regardless of whether that team is my "favorite" as so defined.

Are you implying that I picked the Bruins to beat the Capitals because they are my favorite? If so, you are wrong. I am a lifelong Bruins fan, but I would not predict their victory if I didn't think it was likely. Rather, I would have said that a Bruins victory was my desire.

Quote:
It is? Really? Gee, I had no idea. I've only started following hockey ... well ... long before you were born (assuming your birth year on your registration is true).

Quote:
And I wrote of an upset in my predictions, even using that word.
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Penguins cheerleader Jen
I agree with you about Nashville/Florida. If that happens, I will have to go to Brad Marchand's aunt's house in the neighborhood next to mine, ask her to bring him back from Nova Scotia, and ask him to execute me with a major slashing penalty.
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
It is true that the Penguins function well as a team without Crosby, I worry about Fleury choking. The guy is good but, not always consistant in terms of play.

Crosby did play well yesterday and I see them going strong throughout this series but, the Flyers are brutal when it comes to anything physical.

Finesse vs. brawn. We'll see
"Brutal"? If only they could restrain themselves to be simply "brutal"!
Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Sorry, but your statement above makes no sense to me. I used the word "favorites" to imply which team I would prefer to win in a matchup, and then stated that my predictions were based on my assessment of who is likely to win, regardless of whether that team is my "favorite" as so defined.

Are you implying that I picked the Bruins to beat the Capitals because they are my favorite? If so, you are wrong. I am a lifelong Bruins fan, but I would not predict their victory if I didn't think it was likely. Rather, I would have said that a Bruins victory was my desire.

It is? Really? Gee, I had no idea. I've only started following hockey ... well ... long before you were born (assuming your birth year on your registration is true).

And I wrote of an upset in my predictions, even using that word.
Well said kind sir. Fair enough. However, you don't need to get sore about it
Oh, age has nothing to do with any type of knowledge, but we'll stick to this matter at hand. I live in Montreal. In case you have forgotten, this is hockeytown. So, do not preach to me any age crap.
I did not imply, I only said that your comment was interesting. I am sorry if you took that as an implication on my part.
I'm also sorry if I completely offended you. That is not my intention.
Old 04-12-2012
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
"Brutal"? If only they could restrain themselves to be simply "brutal"!
True The Flyers are killers!
Old 04-12-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Well said kind sir. Fair enough. However, you don't need to get sore about it
Oh, age has nothing to do with any type of knowledge, but we'll stick to this matter at hand. I live in Montreal. In case you have forgotten, this is hockeytown. So, do not preach to me any age crap.
I did not imply, I only said that your comment was interesting. I am sorry if you took that as an implication on my part.
I'm also sorry if I completely offended you. That is not my intention.
I didn't say I knew more about hockey than you because of my age. I simply implied that given how long I have been following hockey, I might actually know (whether you or anyone else on earth also does) that playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey. But if it makes you feel better to call that preaching age crap, knock yourself out. Now that I know two things about you -- you're a Montrealer and a hockey fan -- it makes perfect sense that you would react in that manner.

I wasn't, by the way, offended by what you wrote about my use of the word "favorites." I truly did not, and still do not, understand your point.

As for the "hockeytown" bullshit, well, I'm from an Original 6 city, too, but if it makes you feel better to claim Montreal as the official, one-and-only "hockeytown," go ahead. I think the folks of Sarpsborg, Norway, may take issue with that (you can look it up).
Old 04-12-2012
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
...I live in Montreal. In case you have forgotten, this is hockeytown...
Quote:
...As for the "hockeytown" bullshit, well, I'm from an Original 6 city, too, but if it makes you feel better to claim Montreal as the official, one-and-only "hockeytown," go ahead. I think the folks of Sarpsborg, Norway, may take issue with that (you can look it up).
Hey, I'm from hockeytown!!!