Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > Chat About Shemales
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

Old 08-14-2011
St. Araqiel

Default Gay man marries transsexual woman in Cuban first

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-man-marrie...003037857.html
Quote:
In a simple civil ceremony surrounded by much hoopla, Ignacio Estrada, 31, and Wendy Iriepa, 37, signed a marriage certificate, exchanged rings and kissed before a state official, who wished them much happiness.
It was not technically a same-sex marriage, which is prohibited in Cuba, and drew no interference from authorities because Iriepa is legally a woman after undergoing Cuba's first state-sanctioned sex change operation in 2007.
But the wedding, held on Fidel Castro's 85th birthday in what the couple had called a "gift" to the former leader, was aimed at advancing homosexual rights in Cuba and tinged with politics as some of Cuba's best-known dissidents participated and U.S. diplomats attended in a public show of support.
It also signaled changing attitudes on the island, where homosexuals were placed in camps in the 1960s for being "counterrevolutionary" in a part of history that prompted a mea culpa from Fidel Castro last year.
Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Estrada. Pay no heed to nay-saying countrymen...or idiots posting vile comments on the article page, for that matter. See? Gay men do love the ladies—just not ones born that way!
And here are pics of the happy couple.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-08-14T003030Z_01_BTRE77D01F100_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-CUBA-WEDDING.jpg   2011-08-14T003030Z_01_BTRE77D01F200_RTROPTP_2_CUBA-WEDDING.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

You think maybe the guy will turn straight?
The mental complications here are too much for me this early in the morning.
Old 08-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

merelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these partsmerelypink is infamous around these parts

good for them.... she looks beautiful ... Once again the rest of the world is ahead of the us
Old 08-14-2011
Junior Ladyboy Lover

brainsexual is on a distinguished road

Congrats to the couple! Change is inevitable.
Old 08-14-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to the couple. I wish them much happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Araqiel View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/gay-man-marrie...003037857.html

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Estrada. Pay no heed to nay-saying countrymen...or idiots posting vile comments on the article page, for that matter. See? Gay men do love the ladies?just not ones born that way!
And here are pics of the happy couple.
The man married a woman. I wonder why he is being called gay (self identity maybe?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by merelypink View Post
good for them.... she looks beautiful ... Once again the rest of the world is ahead of the us
One might note that Mrs. Estrada has had SRS, therefore under Cuban law the marriage is not same sex.

One might also note that Cuba does not permit same sex marriage so that still leaves them behind some of the states in the US. It might also be noted that Cuba and most states of the US are way behind several countries in the world that do permit same sex marriage.

I would like to see the day when it is not considered a same sex marriage when a man marries a transsexual woman (regardless of what she has for genitals).
Old 08-14-2011
St. Araqiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
The man married a woman. I wonder why he is being called gay (self identity maybe?).
Most likely he identifies as gay?note the pride flag. Innate bisexuality may have something to do with it. Or maybe they were together when she was still male, and he didn't mind if she wanted to get SRS, or she did it so they could legally marry.
Old 08-14-2011
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Araqiel View Post
Most likely he identifies as gay?note the pride flag. Innate bisexuality may have something to do with it. Or maybe they were together when she was still male, and he didn't mind if she wanted to get SRS, or she did it so they could legally marry.
I agree with you. There are several possible reasons that he identifies as gay. I had only suggested one reason and I am remiss for not suggesting more.
Old 08-15-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sosed is on a distinguished road

Congratulation for couple.

I think it is improvement for Cuba to reccognise transwoman with SRS as legal woman to allow marriage. I hope they will with time also recognize as legal woman transwoman without SRS, because marriage between man and transwoman is not same sex marriage, but this will be a big step for society with deep Catolic traditions although they are communist state.