Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default Need help deleting "file"!

Last week I was downloading some videos to a blank CD/RW. All but one were put on the CD/RW successfully. However, now this one "unwriteable" file is stuck on the cd drive. I cannot delete it, I cannot move it, I cannot open it. It also has "0" bytes! I have WindowsXP Home Edition...it is a Dell Dimension PC. I am not too savvy when it comes to technical problems. Somone told me the file is stuck in a buffer/driver...whatever. Told me I have to delete the driver and then re-install it. Anybody have other ideas?
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if it help, but you could try something like CCleaner. Look at Wikipedia.
If you install a new 64bit version, there is a "Slim" version linked at "Other builds" that does not contain a yahoo! toolbar.
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really niceARIES666 is just really nice
Default CCleaner....etc

I really do not know what you are talking about. I am not a "tech person". Other builds, 64bit, slim....these terms are "all greek" to me...thanks for the information....what does it mean? In plain English.
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIES666 View Post
Last week I was downloading some videos to a blank CD/RW. All but one were put on the CD/RW successfully. However, now this one "unwriteable" file is stuck on the CD drive. I cannot delete it, I cannot move it, I cannot open it. It also has "0" bytes!

I have Windows XP Home Edition...
Well, to begin, what do you mean it's "stuck ON the CD Drive"?
The CD Drive itself is hardware, it's mechanical.
So, it's one thing to get an actual physical disc stuck in the drive, where the tray won't slide open or something like that.

So, what is it that you can't move or delete (or shows 0 bytes) -- a folder icon?
Do you have a window that keeps popping up repeatedly?
Do you mean you have an open window that's stuck open, that you can't close at all now?

Since you only posted your message about 3 or so hours ago, have you simply tried rebooting the computer?
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default file on cd/rw drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
Well, to begin, what do you mean it's "stuck ON the CD Drive"?
The CD Drive itself is hardware, it's mechanical.
So, it's one thing to get an actual physical disc stuck in the drive, where the tray won't slide open or something like that.

So, what is it that you can't move or delete (or shows 0 bytes) -- a folder icon?
Do you have a window that keeps popping up repeatedly?
Do you mean you have an open window that's stuck open, that you can't close at all now?

Since you only posted your message about 3 or so hours ago, have you simply tried rebooting the computer?
No, there is no physical disc (cd, cdr or cdrw) in the tray. After downloading this file to the CD_RW DRIVE (D....it is now (QUOTE): "Files ready to be written to the cd". It was a video file that actually had some MegaBytes..maybe 30 or MB's...when it was downloading from the web. Now, this "file" has zero bytes and I cannot delete it or move it or download it to a cd. A "ballon" or "pop up"message always comes up when I turn on my computer "You have files waiting to be written...to see this files click this balloon". Re-booting means re-installing all my programs all over again a massive job.

I was told that I could actualy go into "System"----"Hardware Profiles"----"CD/ROM"----"Driver Profile"----"Delete Driver"----and then "Re-Install". But before I would even try that, since I am terrible with this "tech stuff", I thought I would get some second opinions.

Thanks Creative!!
Old 06-12-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

CreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the roughCreativeMind is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
A "ballon" or "pop up"message always comes up when I turn on my computer "You have files waiting to be written...to see this files click this balloon". Re-booting means re-installing all my programs all over again a massive job.
Well, when I said "reboot" the computer, that's what I meant. I didn't mean to reinstall your programs from scratch. I simply meant a reboot of turning the computer off and back on -- a simple restart to wipe the memory clear. Yes, that often means you lose some information for a project you were working on (or at least any information since your last save), but more often than not that usually unclogs the plumbing.

Quote:
I was told that I could actualy go into "System"----"Hardware Profiles"----"CD/ROM"----"Driver Profile"----"Delete Driver"----and then "Re-Install". But before I would even try that, since I am terrible with this "tech stuff", I thought I would get some second opinions.
This doesn't sound like a driver problem, but I could be wrong. It doesn't sound like something corrupted the actual driver. It seems more like you were trying to save this file and it simply got stuck in the program's memory. For example, like when you shut the computer off quick without shutting down your browser properly (say Firefox), at which point the next time you turn the computer on you get a message saying "Firefox did not close properly last time. Do you want all your previous open tabs restored?" -- that kind of thing.

Just so you don't have to reinstall any programs or go into your drivers or anything drastic like that...and since you have a Windows system...have you tried doing a System Restore and just going back one day? So the computer simply resets itself to how it was running YESTERDAY when you were having NO problems?
Old 06-13-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Delete file

Have turned the computer on and off. Have tried system restore. Have deleted web files cookies and forms. Have deleted unnecessary files and defragmented as well. No luck!! Thanks for helping, Creative!
Old 06-13-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Cc Cleaner

C Cleaner did not work, btw
Old 06-13-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Have turned the computer on and off.
Have tried system restore. Have deleted web files cookies and forms.
Have deleted unnecessary files and defragmented as well. No luck!!
Thanks for helping, Creative!
Aries, I found this online.
See if THIS helps to solve the problem...

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000683.htm

Question: Keep getting "You have files waiting to be written to CD" message.

Additional information: This message occurs on Microsoft Windows XP operating systems that have the included CD recording software enabled.

Answer: To resolve this issue, follow the below steps.

1. Open My Computer
2. right-click on the CD-ROM drive and click properties.
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Uncheck the "Enable CD Recording on this drive" and close out of all the Windows.

Once disabled, if you wish to continue to use the Microsoft recording software, follow the above steps again and re-enable the Microsoft CD recording.

Alternatively, we suggest you consider using a third-party CD recording software; you can find a list of different programs to burn your software on document: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000668.htm
Old 06-14-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Unchecking, Re-enabling

Thanks Creative....unchecking and then re-enabling does not get rid of the file. thanks anyway
Old 06-14-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Tread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of lightTread is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe try a tool that normaly delete every file you want. I don't used any of these, so use them by own risk.
Seems to bee similar tools.

DelinvFile - Delete Invalid Files and Folders:
http://www.softlist.net/program/deli...-download.html
Unlocker:
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.8.7.exe
KillBox:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php
Old 06-15-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Thanks....

TO THOSE WHO GAVE ADVICE!

I will try these last three suggestions after checking their creditentials
Old 06-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Deleting files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post
Maybe try a tool that normaly delete every file you want. I don't used any of these, so use them by own risk.

Unlocker:
KillBox:

"Unlocker" seems really risky and complicated. "KillBox" and ""Delinfile" did not work. Thanks, anyway
Old 06-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

violet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to allviolet lightning is a name known to all

That sucks, Aries...
What happens when you try to write it to cd? (I know its 0 kb)
Have you burned other cds since that popped up?
Old 06-17-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet lightning View Post
That sucks, Aries...
What happens when you try to write it to cd? (I know its 0 kb)
Have you burned other cds since that popped up?
I cannot write any files to a cdr or cdrw. I can, however, play cd's, cdr's and cdrw's. I have tried writing this nasty file to a blank cd,,,to no avail.
Old 06-19-2009
Admin
Grand Shemale Lover

SSL has disabled reputation

Oh boy, 6 days and the frigging file is still alive.

Aries, pls post a screenshot of where it says you can't delete it (including the underlying windows)
Old 06-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL View Post
Oh boy, 6 days and the frigging file is still alive.

Aries, pls post a screenshot of where it says you can't delete it (including the underlying windows)
Sorry, I am unable to post a screenshot...I tried, but am unable to. Thanks anyway,.....
Old 06-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Thanks, Tread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread View Post

Unlocker:
KillBox:
Ding Dong, the witch is dead, the wicked witch!! lol

I registered on a forum, "BleepingComputer.Com", posted my problem and got one response which worked. Thanks, Tread...you directed me to "BleepingComputer.Com". I am sure I will encounter other problems in the future, so it is a great site for advice and help on all kinds of computer problems!!
Old 06-19-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I'm glad to hear it's deleted now.
I thougt the 3 tools work the same, but good to know.
Old 06-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Ding Dong, the witch is dead, the wicked witch!! lol
Glad to hear your long nightmare is over, Aries.
Now that you fixed it, any idea what was going on and what was wrong?
Old 06-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Default Going on?

Don't know, Creative! The closest analogy I can think of is "you buy a chocolate bar...you eat the bar and the wrapper gets stuck in your throat". When I downloaded the original file it was a 20mb or 30mb MPeg. What was left was a file with exactly the same name but zero bytes.
But the program http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ worked easily and quickly. The only thing that puzzles me is that the file did not end up in my recycle bin. Perhaps because it was 0 bytes?
Old 06-20-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The only thing that puzzles me is that the file did not end up in my recycle bin. Perhaps because it was 0 bytes?
I think that unlocker realy delete and overwrite a file.
Windows only delete the index of the file, but it is still there. The recycle bin shows it, as long as windows delete the recycle index. After that the file can be overwritten.
Old 06-26-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ladyboyadmirer is just really niceladyboyadmirer is just really niceladyboyadmirer is just really niceladyboyadmirer is just really nice
Default re computer problem(s)

Hello Aries and everyone ,
I can only recommend that if anybody has computer problems, join the following forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/

The free registration is easy and assistance is also free. The experts will guide you through step by step to solve your problem. I've seen them fix some real humdingers. I don't consider myself a greenhorn in the computer department but I am forever learning from these guys and gathering useful information. The site also has many neat diagnosis tools for checking out such hardware as mainboard, cpu etc and even the varying system voltages.
Rgds Lba
Old 06-29-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

bruce1ee can only hope to improve

the "unlocker" app is probably the best and simplest way to deal with a issue like that. had to use it alot with all the debugging i do at work
Old 08-09-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Hi there.

If you want to burn cd's or dvd's use a proper burning software package, like nero, or ez cd/dvd creator, microsoft sucks in everything they do, the only reason we all have windows it is because it is the most compatible o.s., if there was something better that would run all my apps i'd switch in a heartbeat.

PS. I use nero and i have burned over 1000 cd's & dvd's with very few bad copies and fewer problems.

But (THIS IS IMPORTANT) when you burn cd's or dvd's burn them slower than the max disk speed and the max drive speed, also when burning DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH YOUR COMPUTER, the timing of the writing is critical so if the computer is buzy with a higher priority interupt it has to wait for the end of that interupt by that time the timing of the write is screwed up and you have a bad copy.

I kinda over sympiified but essentially corect.

Also some drives are more selective about the brands of cd and dvd they work well with, so if you have more bad results with one brand of disk than others then avoid that band, but that brand of disk may work prefectly well in your freind's drive, so it may not be a quality thing but a compatibility thing.

JohnDowe.