Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Today's Posts Bookmark & Share

Live TS Webcams *NEW*

View Poll Results: Whats your favorite music?
Rap/Hip-Hop 15 10.56%
Rock 77 54.23%
Jazz 7 4.93%
Pop 5 3.52%
Other 38 26.76%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

kijm60 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm willing to listen to anything at least once, and even after that I'm very open-minded when it comes to music... it's all very dependent on what I happen to be doing at that time or what mood I'm in.
Old 02-13-2008
St. Araqiel

I like alternative metal a lot (I love Breaking Benjamin - saw 'em in Tacoma 2/20/07!). I'm into Wolfmother, Evanescence, AC/DC, Moby, Tool...the list goes on.

Last edited by St. Araqiel; 02-13-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Mad_Bad!! is on a distinguished road

Music has a huge part in my life. Besides from playing the bass guitar, I always have it on.

I voted rock, but what I love the most is metal.
Especially prog (Dream Theater, which I saw live 2 times, and Symphony X), power (Blind Guardian, Kamelot, DragonForce, Sonata Arctica... and many more), thrash (Metallica, Anthrax, Pantera) and some death metal (but mostly melodeath like In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Into Eternity or prog/tech like Cynic, Atheist and Death), and classic heavy metal (Iron Maiden is one of my fave bands and I'll see them in june for the first time, can't wait).
I also like hard rock (Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Extreme), prog rock (mostly Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree and Trans-Siberian Orchestra) some hair metal/glam rock, and some "alternative" stuff (Faith No More, Muse, RATM, Tool). I also love Queen, which I always find hard to classifcate.
I don't like nu metal except for Mudvayne and System of a Down and really can't get into the new metalcore scene (luckily I guess).
I totally hate pop, rap and electronic/dance music
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to BlueRaven88
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Araqiel View Post
I like alternative metal a lot (I love Breaking Benjamin - saw 'em in Tacoma 2/20/07!). I'm into Wolfmother, Evanescence, AC/DC, Moby, Tool...the list goes on.
I wouldn't really call Breaking Benjamin alternative metal. It's more indie rock than anything. Alternative metal would be bands like System of a Down, Soil, Disturbed etc.
--------------------------

I know I have already posted a response or 2 in this thread, but I feel I should update my list of bands (well technically I should ADD a list of bands), but here goes (in alphabetical order)

Bleeding Through
Breaking Benjamin
Combichrist
Disturbed
Doomsday Refreshment Committee
Evanescence
Flyleaf
Hatebreed
Ill Nino
Lamb of God
Mudvayne
Nickelback
Parkway Drive
Seether
Soil
Soilwork
Staind
Static-X
System of a Down
The Butterfly Effect
Three Days Grace

Wouldn't be surprised if you guys haven't heard of half of the bands I listed. None of them are on the radio here in Australia, and none are on the supposed 'Top 40' or whatever crap they're trying to pull these days with music listings. I absolutely HATE Rap, Hip Hop, R'n'B and Pop. I don't mind JPop sometimes, but even then it gets irritating after a while.
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

You listen to a lot of nu metal... that really isn't my thing apart from Mudvayne and SOAD. By the way, I think most of these bands you listed are very mainstream. There are only 3 bands I never heard of (Combichrist, The Butterfly Effect, Doomsday Refreshment Committee), but I think the other ones are pretty famous.

By the way, in my previous post I forgot Protest the Hero (an amazing mathcore band, the perfect blend of heaviness, catchyness, technicality and melody) and Elio e le Storie Tese, an Italian progressive rock band with awesome musicians and demential (but often deep in a weird way) lyrics.
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
Mad_Bad apart from people like you and me who actually like and listen to metal bands, not many people have heard of bands like Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, Bleeding Through, Flyleaf, Ill Nino and Soil.

Combichrist and Doomsday Refreshment Committee are underground industrial bands (industrial is a kind of heavy gothic techno) and are pretty unknown. I never knew of them until I was on Vampirefreaks.com, and even now that is the only site that has them on there (they might have myspace pages i'm not sure).

The Butterfly Effect are an Australian based indie rock band that started up right here in Brisbane (where I live). Not many people have heard of them, especially people in America. If you want to hear some of their music you can check out a few of their songs on youtube, or you can check their site to hear previews of their songs at thebutterflyeffect.com.au

And I wouldn't go around telling people that their bands are mainstream when you listen to garbage like Dragon Force. All of their songs are produced electronically the only guy who can actually play an instrument in that band is the asian guitarist
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Since when imainstream is an insult?????
I didn't insult your music, so why the hell do you have to insult mine?????

And also, what you are saying shows little knowledge of the band. As I always say, "don't talk about things you don't know".
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

If someone tells me that I listen to mainstream music I take it as a giant insult, an affront to my honour if you will. I dislike mainstream people because all they do is hop on the 'trend train' and ride it indefinately, never getting off. I don't listen to my music because other people listen to it, I listen to it because *I* like it, so when someone calls me mainstream I feel like kickin em in the jewels. I suppose you could say I have the gothic personality without the gothic exterior. I hate stupid ignorant people and all things mainstream. Suppose that's one of the reasons I like ladyboys so much, because they are anything BUT mainstream.
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Well, I didin't intend to offend you.
And some of the bands you listed are actually quite famous even between people who normally don't listen to rock or metal, that's undeniable (Nickelback, SOAD, Disturbed, Staind).
Some of the music I listen to can also be labelled "mainstream" (AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin for example), but I could't care less about it.
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

franalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud offranalexes has much to be proud of

Actually, I like misic on the radio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then I can turn it off!
Old 02-26-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Victoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven88 View Post
I wouldn't really call Breaking Benjamin alternative metal. It's more indie rock than anything. Alternative metal would be bands like System of a Down, Soil, Disturbed etc.
--------------------------

I know I have already posted a response or 2 in this thread, but I feel I should update my list of bands (well technically I should ADD a list of bands), but here goes (in alphabetical order)

Bleeding Through
Breaking Benjamin
Combichrist
Disturbed
Doomsday Refreshment Committee
Evanescence
Flyleaf
Hatebreed
Ill Nino
Lamb of God
Mudvayne
Nickelback
Parkway Drive
Seether
Soil
Soilwork
Staind
Static-X
System of a Down
The Butterfly Effect
Three Days Grace

Wouldn't be surprised if you guys haven't heard of half of the bands I listed. None of them are on the radio here in Australia, and none are on the supposed 'Top 40' or whatever crap they're trying to pull these days with music listings. I absolutely HATE Rap, Hip Hop, R'n'B and Pop. I don't mind JPop sometimes, but even then it gets irritating after a while.

I don't know how it is in Australia but most of most of those bands you listed....are not only mainstream........ BUT did you know nickleback is played on every radio station in Canada with the exception of classical stations you can hear nickle back , System of a Down , 3 days grace , evanesence , seether on top ten along with britney spears.... lol

BTW I would rather listen to ACDC any day anywhere over anyone. Anyone who insults ACDC has no idea what they are talking about.
You really aren't a fan of music...you are just a fan of what YOU like. You don't think your fav bands would drop whatever they are doing to meet Angus Young or be at the fiming of mettalicas ONE ....lol you know your bands would drop their panties to be at the recoding for Thunderkiss 65 or even thunderstruck lol! You were born in 1988 for christs sake do you even know what huge albums were out in 88?

Ok I got something for you if you like listening to what is new The absolute biggest and one of the best radio stations in the world...period.
They have a live feed
EDGE DOT CA

If you are a TRUE fan of the history of music.....you will click > SHOWS > ON GOING HISTORY OF NEW MUSIC > PAST SHOWS

And this site has no live feed but if theres anyway to pick up their signal I highly recomend it
htzfm DOT COM

I don't know guys lol....people always claim to be fans of music but then I ask them who are the Shirelles are or what was that wicked music in the chopper scene in Predator....they have no clue !

I have seen tons of live concerts from mettalica to linkinpark to acdc and I saw KISS 5 times....while all those bands were wicked.....none of them even compared to Bob Seager.

Anyways guys no need to be rude to each other...there is so much awesome music out there for everyone....the day everyone opens their minds to see what others like and why they like it...that will be an awesome day.

You just have to find out what your favorite bands listen to....it's not always what you think it is lol...have an open mind.

Who the hell knew that some guy from Alexis on fire would have like one of the biggest albums in Canada now and be making people all over the country cry over some song about home lol! Not I lol.

Last edited by Victoria; 02-26-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Victoria you're canadian do you know Into Eternity and Protest the Hero?
They're two awesome bands from you country. Those are really underground bands. Here in Italy the situation is similar to Canada, with Nickelback, Evanescence and the likes getting overplayed on the radio stations.
Glad to know that you love AC/DC...

Quote:
You really aren't a fan of music...you are just a fan of what YOU like. You don't think your fav bands would drop whatever they are doing to meet Angus Young or be at the fiming of mettalicas ONE ....lol you know your bands would drop their panties to be at the recoding for Thunderkiss 65 or even thunderstruck lol!
Sorry but I can't understand what you were saying here.
Old 02-26-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Bad!! View Post
Victoria you're canadian do you know Into Eternity and Protest the Hero?
They're two awesome bands from you country. Those are really underground bands. Here in Italy the situation is similar to Canada, with Nickelback, Evanescence and the likes getting overplayed on the radio stations.
Glad to know that you love AC/DC...

Sorry but I can't understand what you were saying here.

I'm just saying.....you(the fan) can't put other peoples music tastes down....when you don't even know what your favorite bands listen to. Those are all FAMOUS songs that I can promise any alternative band, metal, pop whatever band would love to have been part of that history.

Don't just think bands pop out of the ground....everyone has influences....and it's not always what you expect it to be. So going around saying you hate this and that....well surprise what if your favorite band says well my influence is Neil Diamond! lol....isn't that wicked that your favorite band is open minded....maybe you(the fan) should be too.....it's such a awesome experience to be open minded and explore.

Don't claim to be a fan of music if you are just a fan of what you like lol. Then just say I like metal...or whatever. I don't like when people say they are fans of music but then say they hate this and that.....it's a party pooper.

oh ya sorry don't know them yet ! lol I've been busy haven't been listening to whats going on and stuff.

Last edited by Victoria; 02-26-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Oh ya I didn't mean you as in you I mean the fan

Oh ya this is my 2 favorite songs EVER....despite liking metal and rock and whatever. I can hear these 2 songs anytime anywhere.....and I feel great I could say a lot of other songs.....but no songs make me feel this good....it's that simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxA3atHD2QM

First time I heard this song....I was like what the hell is that! I never heard it before and was blown away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBTakXapwiE

Hope u guys have songs like that , that make u feel good

Last edited by Victoria; 02-26-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

mja271 is on a distinguished road

I love alot of classic rock. For modern bands I like RHCP and alot of the jammier groups. moe., Dispatch, OAR, Umphrey's.

My favorite band is Dave Matthews Band. They get a bad rap by alot of people because of the hippy fan base I feel but they make spectacular music.
Old 02-27-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Victoria you didn't answer my question. Do you know the bands I was talking about before?
Also, thank you for the videos... classic rock is always good (I especially like Creedence Clearwater Revival).
Old 02-27-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Bad!! View Post
Victoria you didn't answer my question. Do you know the bands I was talking about before?
Also, thank you for the videos... classic rock is always good (I especially like Creedence Clearwater Revival).

I answered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria
oh ya sorry don't know them yet ! lol I've been busy haven't been listening to whats going on and stuff.
but I just checked I heard Protest the Hero before.

Last edited by Victoria; 02-27-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

not2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant futurenot2old has a brilliant future

Good to see that there's still folks who are serious about their music.

My vote was for "Rock". Pretty broad category. To narrow it a little, I like what we Americans would call Classic Rock. Still pretty broad, goes from Pink Floyd to .38 Special, from Jethro Tull to AC/DC. Since I'm actually a couple years older than Mick Jagger, I'm probably no more likely to change my preferences now than he is.
Having said that, must admit that every now and then I accidentally hear something from another genre that really blows me away. Case in point, the group "Live" who I guess would be considered Alternative Rock(?). Anyway, great group and I truly like their stuff. A good example is this version of "Lightning Crashes" on YouTube. If at all possible, give it a look/listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QBj4OyAaM

For those of you who'd like to "broaden your horizons" based on what you already like, you might want to check out Pandora â€" http://www.pandora.com
The site is very interesting…you ‘seed’ it with a song or artist you like, and it then plays songs similar in style. Their secret sauce is the Music Genome Project, a team of actual professional and semi-professional musicians who ‘tag’ songs â€" it’s not based on the record industry genres or classification at all. The tags they use are very detailed, including stuff like: strong male vocals, minor key chord progressions, varied dynamics, story-telling lyrics, prominent drums, etc. You add as many seeds as you like, and they find stuff that has similarities. It's almost impossible to objectify something that's so inherently subjective so it’s not perfect, and you will definitely find stuff you do NOT like, but it’s a pretty new and innovative way to explore music. Check it out.
Old 03-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2old View Post
For those of you who'd like to "broaden your horizons" based on what you already like, you might want to check out Pandora â€" http://www.pandora.com
The site is very interesting…you ‘seed’ it with a song or artist you like, and it then plays songs similar in style. Their secret sauce is the Music Genome Project, a team of actual professional and semi-professional musicians who ‘tag’ songs â€" it’s not based on the record industry genres or classification at all. The tags they use are very detailed, including stuff like: strong male vocals, minor key chord progressions, varied dynamics, story-telling lyrics, prominent drums, etc. You add as many seeds as you like, and they find stuff that has similarities. It's almost impossible to objectify something that's so inherently subjective so it’s not perfect, and you will definitely find stuff you do NOT like, but it’s a pretty new and innovative way to explore music. Check it out.
That site you linked is US-Only.
I use Last.fm instead, which is a completely free site which, from what I can get from you description, is pretty similar to Pandora, and is available worldwide.
Old 03-12-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

andrewtricolor is on a distinguished road

Only rock, classic rock
Old 03-19-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Dreadedflower is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by padeligne View Post
I love classical music. That is probably the reason why I am so often irritated by the music one has to suffer so often when one is looking to porn movies.
Or am I the only one that finds all that music a waste of energy? I prefer to hear those beautiful girls while they are sexing, even when they are making almost no noise at all. Better the creaking of a mattress or the singing of some birds then some stupid music that dominates everything.
I love classical music as well, but I also love death metal. Some may think they are the opposite, but I think not. They are both made by talented and passionned musicians.
Old 03-25-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

tangalanga is on a distinguished road

I'like Rock'n roll. My favorite is AC/DC.
Old 04-08-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

redfish1 is on a distinguished road

Older rock and metal
Ac/dc
Iron Maiden
Rush
Floyd
Mega death
GNR
CCR
I must be getting older I don’t recognize a lot of the music some have been listing as rock and metal music
Old 04-08-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

giancarlo is infamous around these parts

I love rock.
Old 04-21-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Jennangelina can only hope to improve
Default i luv all music

i listen and luv all types of music as long as its awesum from classical to rap

XOXO Jennangelina
Old 06-02-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

Tiffanydoll is on a distinguished road

and as usual metal gets left out.

I am a metalhead soon to be metal chick
Old 06-02-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Htowner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Most all music from classic rock to rap to country. Enjoy it all.
Old 06-02-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

vibesfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jazz,especially vibraphone.
Old 06-16-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

mameluk has a spectacular aura aboutmameluk has a spectacular aura about

classical, metal, new metal, rock, little bit pop and then world, spirit..
Old 06-16-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

I voted for the "Rock" category, though I was torn, because in fact I DO like a LOT of classical music, a LOT of film scores, and a wee bit of hip-hop.

Taking out of the equation my love for Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, etc. and my rather massive collection of film scores, I opted for rock because of some of the following favorite bands:

Radiohead
Nine Inch Nails
Led Zeppelin
Smashing Pumpkins
Jefferson Airplane
The Beatles
Tool
A Perfect Circle
The Doors
Nirvana
No Doubt
Old 06-20-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

In a week I'll see Iron Maiden for the first time... I can't wait! This is an awesome tour, with an almost-perfect setlist and the legendary egyptian stage... I'll probably have a heart attack whenn I'll hear Churchill's speech introducing Aces High lol.
Old 06-30-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

hiphop_listener is on a distinguished road

Well my nick says a lot hehe. I also listen to trance
Old 07-01-2008
ItsmeLane

Country.... Duh
Old 07-01-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Funk, R&B, HipHop/Rap, Rock (hard and soft and symphonic), Jazz, Fusion, Brazil, Pop, Country, Classical...

Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, Q, Dave Grusin, Weather Report, Steely Dan, Peter Frampton, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Gino Vannelli, Steely Dan, George Duke, Michael Jackson, EW&F...so many more... did I mention Steely Dan???

Should I mention some of the most important albums to me it would be: Donald Fagen (Steely Dan) "The Nightfly", Peter Frampton "Comes Alive", George Duke "Masters of the Game", EW&F "Best of", Gino Vannelli "Brother to Brother/Nightwalker", Grusin/Ritenour "Harlequin", Burt Bacarach "them all", John Denver "Rocky Mountain High", Slade "Sladest", Queen "from 1973-1976", Quincy Jones "The Dude", Herbie Hancock "Light Me Up", Weather Report "Heavy Weather"...

and on and on and on...

FUNK yaw'll!

Peace!

H
Old 07-02-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Brazilian Guy will become famous soon enoughBrazilian Guy will become famous soon enough

My favorite is classic rock. I like Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Purple, Creedence, Neil Young, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, The Doors, and many others. I like samba too.
Long Live Rock and Roll!!!!
Old 07-02-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Joebad will become famous soon enoughJoebad will become famous soon enough

Generrally I'm into Rock, but I like something in almost every catagory of music. There are some classical pieces I like, some hip-hop, some rap, some jazz even a few country songs.

Lately I've been listening alot to Christina Aguilera's "Back To Basics" album. I bought it after hearing her sing "A Man's Man's World" on the 2007 Grammy Awards Show.

I had no idea that she was that good. If anyone missed it, the video is on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rh2Yxp6q2h0
Old 07-03-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

sonya is on a distinguished road

I listen almost any kind of music, but i prefer jazz and rock
Old 07-08-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ShemaleFan_UK is on a distinguished road

I like various kinds of music......jazz, folk rock, jazz, classical, jazz, fusion, jazz, latin...and, did I mention ....jazz.
Old 07-08-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

teimar is on a distinguished road

hm, generaly the most i like country music, and I do not understand, why people don`t like this sort of music. Some singers (like John Denver) are realy good, have a nice voices and good look.
Old 07-19-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

kraken111 can only hope to improve

Best bands:D in the world, King Diamond and Crowbar
Old 07-21-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Big_Willie will become famous soon enough

I love all kinds of music. It doesn't matter if it's rap, pop, rock, classical, country or something else, if it's good, I'll listen to it.

But my top favourite it black music (you know, rap/hip-hop, blues, jazz, soul, R'nB...) and to pick one, I'll say Rap/Hip-Hop.
Old 07-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

i have very eclectic taste in music i like some off almost every genre as long as its good. some of my favorite artists are, the beatles, jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, queens of the stoneage, nirvana, joy devision, bob marley, metalica, masive attack , jose gonzalez, arcade fire, gangstar, wu tang clan, notorious big, dilated peoples, lupe fiasco, kanye west, mos deff, an album everyone should check out is the grey album its a the white album and the black album mixed together jay Z and the beatles it shouldn't work but it does its fooking amazing
Old 07-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

ocinteeni will become famous soon enoughocinteeni will become famous soon enough

electronic dance music wasn't even represented in this poll, booooooo!
Old 07-31-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ziggybabie is an unknown quantity at this point

OK...long one.

The first album I bought was Danzig's self titled debut album. And it's funny. I had never been that into music, and didn't think much of the album. The more I heard it, though, it grew on me.

I always liked horror and monsters and shit since I was little anyway, and darker themed things, I guess. This guy sung loud metal lyrics about demons and stuff, but he has the soulful voice of Elvis Presley. The lineup for the band's first album was great. Every member.

Then, after a bit of metal, I got into Marilyn Manson. Despite the shock rocker image, he was very wellspoken in interviews, such as saying "I'm not against God, but the misuse of God.", but I loved his almost gender queer look and horror/satanic rock look, too. I loved some of the lyrics.

Then I started listening to more White Zombie (who I thought was one of the first "metal" bands I listened to that you might expect to dance to or hear in a strip club. not to mention the sci-fi influences), NIN, Ministry, Pigface, etc. Then traditional "goth" like Bauhaus, and Siouxsie and the Banshees and downloading goth club playlists by diff DJs, ranging from Depeche Mode to Apoptygma Berzerk and Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus". I kinda felt a lot of the "goth" music and demographic fit my philosophies. Sexuality, embracing the different/weird, etc.

I also like the classics like Skynyrd, Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses, etc etc.

I started listening to more rap eventually, after Kid Rock came out helping push the rap-rock craze in the 90s. I had never gotten into rap, because I could never identify with being "black in the ghetto". Then, this white guy comes out, in a trailer park, with strippers, dirtbikes, midgets and music like a harder edged metallic Beastie Boys, and tongue-in-cheek lyrics like "I got love for my honkeys". lol. I was all into the rap-rock thing. I grew to hate Bizkit, but Kid Rock's still a guilty pleasure.

I started listening to more rap, and giving it a chance, but I was still pickier about rap. I liked some old stuff like LL Cool J and stuff that had a metal/rock aesthetic like Esham, who was influenced by Black Sabbath. You can tell by some of his albums.

Country. I used to hate all of it, but the more I gave Johnny Cash a chance and the older stuff, it grew on me. Then I found out about Hank 3. Raised on punk/metal and old country, an atheist/LaVey Satanist singing "I'm here to put the dick in dixie and the cunt back in country, cuz the kind of country I'm hearing nowadays is a bunch of fucking shit to me.".......lol. The guitar is a lot faster paced at times than I hear from most mainstream Nashville artists and the music just seems to be different...better.

Aaaanyways, yeah, I expand my horizons occasionally, but i kinda look for artists who have "rock" attitude even when i research new genres, many times. And yes, I know this was a long post. lol

Last edited by ziggybabie; 07-31-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

chrisraid3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to chrisraid3 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisraid3

heavy metal!! KSE rocks!!!
Old 08-04-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Loki is on a distinguished road

Heavy Fuckin Metal, all the way!!!
Old 08-05-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

Loki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven88 View Post
okay seriously, i dunno if many of you have heard of Parkway Drive, but they are like my favourite band at the moment. They're gonna be playing a few hours south of me March 1 so i might go see em perform live. it would kick so much ass.

go to youtube and search for Parkway Drive. my personal favourites are Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em, Horizons, Five Months, Boneyards, Romance Is Dead, and Gimmie A D
BlueRaven, I noticed that Parkway Drive is going to be in my town with a band called Darkest Hour (they kick much ass). Anyway, I remembered that you had highly recommended them so I downloaded the Horizons album. They fuckin rock! I look forward to seeing them now when they come to town. PD kind of reminds me a little of Kataklysm thrown in with a little All That Remains.
Old 08-05-2008
Banned

jimnaseum has a spectacular aura aboutjimnaseum has a spectacular aura about

When the Beatles came on the scene I was ten but more importantly my sister was thirteen. I would say the next seven years was the most important ride musically in like...forever.
The first time I saw a guy with a beatle haircut standing on the corner in my neighborhood - the world spun around.
Attached Thumbnails
00.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

triplej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heavy Fucking Metal

I didn't know whether or not I should click "rock" or not. I listen to primarily heavy metal, the extreme stuff. Death metal, black metal, grindcore, goregrind, thrash, crossover, etc.

Everything louder than everything else!
Old 06-10-2013
Junior Ladyboy Lover

tsfan666 is on a distinguished road
Default I honestly dig everything as long as its good music

If I had to narrow it down, it would be metal, real metal, not like a7x or the devil wears prada, those guys can play, but that ain't real metal, check out evile, warbringer, enslaved, dark funeral, etc. Non mainstream, although some stuff on the radio is alright, dubstep, again done right, Fuck datsik btw, all he did was make popular the use of the "wobble effect, anything eighties/70, honestly dig everything as long as its good music