Trans Ladyboy Forum

Go Back Trans Ladyboy Forum > General Discussion
Register Forum Rules Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bookmark & Share

Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock
Default Capitals name game

Inspired by rhythmic delivery's fun game on song titles I copy the concept for national capitals. I remember playing that as kids. And no, I don't start out with Phoenix... (yes, US state capitals count as well):

Here we go:

Jakarta (Indonesia)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Explain your rules a bit more Hank. Are we to take one letter of the name of the capital and use that letter in the name of the next capital. Also if it's national capitals why do U.S. states count? That should equally apply to all other countries that are subdivided into smaller entities then.
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Explain your rules a bit more Hank. Are we to take one letter of the name of the capital and use that letter in the name of the next capital. Also if it's national capitals why do U.S. states count? That should equally apply to all other countries that are subdivided into smaller entities then.
Oh sorry... sure... I mean continue with the LAST letter of the capital. I said "Jakarta", so a right answer would be "Amsterdam". Sorry... regarding other countries lesser states... well, ok... why not?

Well, here's a new one:

Mogadishu (Somalia)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Ulaan Baatar (Mongolia)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hehe - I knew you would come with that :-)

Riyadh (Saudi)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Havana (Cuba)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Athens (Greece)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Stockholm (Sweden)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Moscow (Russia)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

I tried to think of something other than the obvious, but I drew a blank so here goes

Washington (guess where)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BARACK OBAMA :-)

And you couldn't even have said Wichita because the capital there is Topeka... well.. N... or is it C... :-)

Nashville (Tennesee)
Copenhagen (Denmark)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

It has to be 'n' because D.C. is a district or subdivision.

Edmonton (Alberta, Canada)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ok

Edinburgh (Scotland)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Sorry... N....

Nairobi (Kenya)
Old 11-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
Oh sorry... sure... I mean continue with the LAST letter of the capital. I said "Jakarta", so a right answer would be "Amsterdam". Sorry... regarding other countries lesser states... well, ok... why not?

Well, here's a new one:

Mogadishu (Somalia)
i think the capital of holad is the hague though i am not sure.
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery View Post
The Hague is the actual seat of government, but, somewhat anomalously, not the official capital of the Netherlands, a role set aside by the Dutch constitution for Amsterdam (from Wikipedia).

Amsterdam is the capital of Holland
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Nairobi (Kenya)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic delivery View Post
You're right, The Hague in English and in Dutch I think it's spelled den Haag. (For all the Dutch on the site please correct my spelling).
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
You're right, The Hague in English and in Dutch I think it's spelled den Haag. (For all the Dutch on the site please correct my spelling).
The Hague in English and den Haag in Dutch - still the capital of Holland is Amsterdam.

We came to:

Nairobi (Kenya)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Nairobi (Kenya)
Islamabad (Pakistan)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Dakar (Senegal)
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Rome or Roma (Italy)
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Hmmm... should we not stick to the English version of the name, or what? What do you think?

Edingburgh (Scotland)
Andorra la Vella (Andorra)
Old 11-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

adiss ababa, ethiopia
Old 11-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

you shouldn't be able to repeat the same capital twice. thats my view anyway.
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

I didn't - before was a mistake... I should have used an N but mistakenly used an E. But since it's not used as the thread, my bet is:

Amman (Jordan)
Old 11-22-2008
rhythmic delivery

new deli india
Old 11-22-2008
Junior Ladyboy Lover

poktor is on a distinguished road

Islamabad , Pakistan
Old 11-22-2008
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by poktor View Post
Islamabad , Pakistan
Islamabad was used in post #20.
Old 03-23-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

adrian has a spectacular aura aboutadrian has a spectacular aura aboutadrian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes, you spelled Den Haag correctly.
The reason that Den Haag is not the capital of Holland is because a king was once crowned in Amsterdam, in the 18th century I believe. And the constitution prescribed that kings should be crowned in the capital city.
So they changed Amsterdam to capital then.
But the entire governement is seated in Den Haag still.
Old 03-28-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

fionahavelock will become famous soon enough

interesting... but kinda confusing.. what is the last city?
is it adiss ababa, amman, or new delhi?
Old 03-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

liesjeversteven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Correct, it's Den Haag, or alternatively called 's-Gravenhage
Old 03-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GeForce can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionahavelock View Post
interesting... but kinda confusing.. what is the last city?
is it adiss ababa, amman, or new delhi?
Wow! We're officially the most well traveled forum on the net!! hehehe
So many tangents! ... I'm with Fiona, where are we right now? I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque! :P
Old 03-28-2009
translover

What is the last answer ?
Old 03-28-2009
Shecock obsessed

This thread started getting off track after post #23. The last correct answer in post #23 was Edinburgh (Scotland). The next answer should be a capital city starting with "H" To not muddy the waters again (as I did at one point) the capitals, as Hank pointed out, should use the English spelling. This is, after all, a site that uses English as the main language.

Over to you, forum members. Any capital starting with the letter "H"
Old 03-28-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to BlueRaven88
Quote:
This thread started getting off track after post #23. The last correct answer in post #23 was Edinburgh (Scotland). The next answer should be a capital city starting with "H" To not muddy the waters again (as I did at one point) the capitals, as Hank pointed out, should use the English spelling. This is, after all, a site that uses English as the main language.

Over to you, forum members. Any capital starting with the letter "H"
comin at you from my home country

Hobart (Tasmania, Australia)
Old 03-28-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven88 View Post
comin at you from my home country

Hobart (Tasmania, Australia)
Very good, blue. I was wondering what capital started with an H. I forgot all about Tasmania tucked way down under the downunder continent.

Toronto (Ontario, Canada)
Old 03-29-2009
translover

Oslo, "Norway"
Old 03-29-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

TGirl lover is on a distinguished road

Ottawa, Canada
Old 03-30-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

asuncion, paraguay
Old 03-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

BlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these partsBlueRaven88 is infamous around these parts
New Mexico City (guess where)
Old 03-30-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

yerevan.. armenia
Old 03-31-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GeForce can only hope to improve

Nassau, (Bahamas) Ya Mon!
Old 04-02-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Fuck U was a hard one.

Ulan Bator (Mongolia)
Old 04-02-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
Fuck U was a hard one.

Ulan Bator (Mongolia)
That was used in post #4. Try again.
Old 04-03-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
That was used in post #4. Try again.
well that's literally the ONLY capital city in the world starting with U so take it or leave it :P
Old 04-03-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
well that's literally the ONLY capital city in the world starting with U so take it or leave it :P
The game ends then as there are no more capital cities starting with U. However, Hank did state that it doesn't necessarily have to be the capital of a country. If there is a region in any country whose capital starts with U then the game can continue, otherwise it's over.
Old 04-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
The game ends then as there are no more capital cities starting with U. However, Hank did state that it doesn't necessarily have to be the capital of a country. If there is a region in any country whose capital starts with U then the game can continue, otherwise it's over.
No, maybe no more capitals starting with U... but if we extend the rules to start with the END letter... Ulan Bator... then I say R ... Riyad (Saudi Arabia). ...
Old 04-05-2009
Shecock obsessed

Quote:
No, maybe no more capitals starting with U... but if we extend the rules to start with the END letter... Ulan Bator... then I say R ... Riyad (Saudi Arabia). ...
Now I'm confused. The rules as originally stated, by you, were to use the last letter for the first letter of the next capital. Nassau was used so the next capital should have started with U. Ulan Bataar had already been used. The game should have ended with Nassau as there are no more capitals starting with U.

This also brings up spellings. We are using the English spellings for the capitals, but in some cases there are more than one way to spell the city's name, especially when the the language of a country does not use the Latin alphabet. Case in point here is Riyad which in English is also spelled Riyadh.
Old 04-05-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Quote:
Now I'm confused. The rules as originally stated, by you, were to use the last letter for the first letter of the next capital. Nassau was used so the next capital should have started with U. Ulan Bataar had already been used. The game should have ended with Nassau as there are no more capitals starting with U.

This also brings up spellings. We are using the English spellings for the capitals, but in some cases there are more than one way to spell the city's name, especially when the the language of a country does not use the Latin alphabet. Case in point here is Riyad which in English is also spelled Riyadh.
OH PLEASE! Just come up with some capitals... NOOOT so much talkin', talkin' talkin'... were here to have fun, fun, fun...

Here are two: Djakarta and HoChiMinh City... or Hanoi...

Play me, baby!

H

And now let's take in American state capitals...

Last edited by hankhavelock; 04-05-2009 at 11:14 AM.